WITB with MoaningM Betti Tour bag putters and Hickory time.!

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great bag and thread. Totally agree with your Nefyn recommendation and good to see your Royal Liverpool photos. I grew up on the Wirral, Heswall was my home course, holidayed in Abersoch every summer back in the day, played Nefyn a lot.

Never played Tenby, judging from your photos it's on the play list next time I am back in the U.K.

Ping Rapture V2 10.5 deg
Callaway Rogue 4 wood
Cobra F7 hybrid 22 deg
Srixon 765 5-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 52 & 58
Edel E-2

Great bag and thread. Totally agree with your Nefyn recommendation and good to see your Royal Liverpool photos. I grew up on the Wirral, Heswall was my home course, holidayed in Abersoch every summer back in the day, played Nefyn a lot.

Never played Tenby, judging from your photos it's on the play list next time I am back in the U.K.

Thank you,

Some great courses all along the wirral and North Wales, not played Heswall but heard a lot of good things regarding its quality. Yes Tenby is right up there on par with the best that wales has to offer certainly recommend it.

Do you miss it over there now?

Thank you,

Some great courses all along the wirral and North Wales, not played Heswall but heard a lot of good things regarding its quality. Yes Tenby is right up there on par with the best that wales has to offer certainly recommend it.

Some things I miss, such as links courses where you walk the course. Tenby looks right up my street. The weather here is way better. Also you can't get a pork pie for love nor money, in this case that's probably better for my waistline

If you're up on the Wirral again you should try Wallasey. Similar to Royal Liverpool. Think you'd enjoy it.

Ping Rapture V2 10.5 deg
Callaway Rogue 4 wood
Cobra F7 hybrid 22 deg
Srixon 765 5-PW
Edel E-2

Thank you,

Some things I miss, such as links courses where you walk the course. Tenby looks right up my street. The weather here is way better. Also you can't get a pork pie for love nor money, in this case that's probably better for my waistline

If you're up on the Wirral again you should try Wallasey. Similar to Royal Liverpool. Think you'd enjoy it.

Ooooof life without a Pork Pie, takes some doing, cant beat a pie from the butchers!

Just got in from playing today every season under the sun in one day, sleet howling wind rain and ended up in sunshine and no wind! Bizarre!

Heard about Wallasey also, a boys tour up that way is on the cards I fancy!

Thank you,

Ooooof life without a Pork Pie, takes some doing, cant beat a pie from the butchers!

Just got in from playing today every season under the sun in one day, sleet howling wind rain and ended up in sunshine and no wind! Bizarre!

Tell me about it. Found a savory pie shop in Seattle, was happy as a pig in poo. Although they didn't have a pork pie, had to settle for lamb and mint.

Got to love UK winter weather, something for everyone. Did you go 2 gloves a la Mickelson?

Plenty of choice on the Wirral and Liverpool/Southport areas. Caldy is worth a look as well. If you can get on, and don't mind driving another hour North, play Royal Lytham; love that course.

Ping Rapture V2 10.5 deg
Callaway Rogue 4 wood
Cobra F7 hybrid 22 deg
Srixon 765 5-PW
Edel E-2

Thank you,

Tell me about it. Found a savory pie shop in Seattle, was happy as a pig in poo. Although they didn't have a pork pie, had to settle for lamb and mint.

Got to love UK winter weather, something for everyone. Did you go 2 gloves a la Mickelson?

Plenty of choice on the Wirral and Liverpool/Southport areas. Caldy is worth a look as well. If you can get on, and don't mind driving another hour North, play Royal Lytham; love that course.

Lamb and Mint sounds tasty, but shes no pork pie :)

I got to play Royal Lytham back in 2012 just before the open there, loved the course, I was at the open there as a kid back in 88 following Seve around and still remembered the holes.

Caldy, cant say Ive heard much about that, I think they run a Wirral classic over here now over wallasey, possibly Heswall and royal liverpool. Not cheap but still very good value for money.

Am hoping this year to go and play in the Birkdale Goblet Scratch event which is just after the Open championship. Never played there and its a cheap way to play the course.

I was at that Open, watched Seve open with 4 straight birdies.

Good luck at Birkdale. Will be there for the Friday of this year's Open, hoping for better weather than last time.

Lol, yes I remember I started following him on the 6th I think it was the first par 5 dog leg up the hill, where hit a 5 iron that hit the pin as I remember, i was stood right by him as he hit that approach. great round of golf.

Good luck at Birkdale. Will be there for the Friday of this year's Open, hoping for better weather than last time.

Lol, yes I remember I started following him on the 6th I think it was the first par 5 dog leg up the hill, where hit a 5 iron that hit the pin as I remember, i was stood right by him as he hit that approach. great round of golf.

Man I would love to play and see some of the courses you guys play and talk about on that side of the pond--- And yes I would have the old old Macs and persimmon woods and 1 iron too!! Really for me it would not have to be a world renouned championship course it could be an everyday working man's course

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Man I would love to play and see some of the courses you guys play and talk about on that side of the pond--- And yes I would have the old old Macs and persimmon woods and 1 iron too!! Really for me it would not have to be a world renouned championship course it could be an everyday working man's course

Stu, get your Macs and Percy together and head on over I would be happy to show you a links tour of Wales.

:)

Had a few issues with the coating on my 60 degree wedge from Bettinardi, spoke with the guys and girls there and they were fantastic, sorted it out even with me living on the other side of the Atlantic and this arrived the other day.

41E7E996-F228-457A-8AD4-868376670D1E_zpsgcmadncm.jpg

D96A14F6-A4ED-4ED9-9BF7-4780ABF49562_zpsu1nvvytz.jpg

C1732CC6-236A-4ED3-B7FC-B8115E3452B7_zps1hv7lyij.jpg

Also a nice little early Christmas present

Bettinardi Innovai 3.0 counterbalance

FED00DAE-138B-4EB4-8C45-168BD36E509F_zpsmld3rrdn.jpg

40F0E83A-D7EC-4ECC-B95E-1D3CE4D3B1B8_zpsgvtqcnqx.jpg

E0BE52FE-8A03-408F-B597-B68E87780C52_zps5qavpq30.jpg

211D5CED-B488-4E5B-80F3-388863640087_zpskfvzomum.jpg

Stu, get your Macs and Percy together and head on over I would be happy to show you a links tour of Wales.

Oh man wish I could afford to do so-- Really all along I have always been intrigued with your neck of the world. Since coming on WRX and this section pictures you guys post are wonderful and add to the intrigue for me. Oh man just think if I got into some of the thrift shops over there I would have to have a 40 foot sea container to ship all the stuff I would buy back home.

Oh man wish I could afford to do so-- Really all along I have always been intrigued with your neck of the world. Since coming on WRX and this section pictures you guys post are wonderful and add to the intrigue for me. Oh man just think if I got into some of the thrift shops over there I would have to have a 40 foot sea container to ship all the stuff I would buy back home.

Lol, must admit I dont find anything of note in thrift shops or the like, sometimes you find it at what we describe as car boot sales, which is pretty much as described but parked up in an open field :)

The invite is there all the same :)

Have a good christmas and good golfing :)

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry mate, slacking in my responses. Sorry you didn't get to play Birkdale, look forward to your report when you do. I can confirm that Heswall was in fantastic condition when I played it. Worth a round when you're up there.

Ping Rapture V2 10.5 deg
Callaway Rogue 4 wood
Cobra F7 hybrid 22 deg
Srixon 765 5-PW
Edel E-2

• 1 month later...

Sorry mate, slacking in my responses. Sorry you didn't get to play Birkdale, look forward to your report when you do. I can confirm that Heswall was in fantastic condition when I played it. Worth a round when you're up there.

Hi D,

Just started to look now for next year, noticed there a mid am scratch event at west lancs, and scratch events at wallasey, hillside, and st annes old links. Daughter has gone to Uni up in chester now so much easier to play a few of these, you got any recomendation on which 2 of the 4 to play?

• 8 months later...

Hi M,

They’re all good, my personal preferences would be Hillside and Wallasey.

Your daughter will enjoy Chester, my old stomping ground.

Hi D

Took your advice, and played in Wallasey’s Scratch event the other week, great golf course, 3rd hole is a great hole rough was up big style and we counted 15 paces for the fairway!!!

Shot 72 level par in the am and was 5th, sadly was -1 thro 7 in the pm but bogeyed 8,9 then doubled 10 and 11 :( and finished with a 79 to finish 16th!

Also played in Caldy’s scratch event, lovely golf course but quite bizarre front 9 pure limks back 9 parkland and athere shot 69 in the am and led by 3 then 77 in the pm (bit of a pattern) to finish 5th, cest la vie maybe next yr! Have just entered Birkdale and Hillside events, looking forward to them!

Glad to see you posted again old friend and bumped this thread up. Heck I went back to page one and looked at all your stuff again. Just as impressive as the first time around

Thank you Stu, good to hear from you hope all is well!

Few photos from events Ive played in over the past year

Sunningdale, Gerald Micklem over the New Course, fantastic golf course, one of the finest Ive ever played. Stunning Par 3’s.

C4949DC4-448A-4459-B91D-ACB5AABA4F7E_zpsbbrueurq.jpg

45793200-5D2A-48F0-80C1-92D63F010143_zpsy7e4q3v0.jpg

B1DEB0A9-0497-468C-82A6-FC6AF1746A20_zpsiudwpp34.jpg

EC93F30B-4B55-4A05-8B8A-2225207B7E47_zpsyxpn7jea.jpg

0ED4E0AB-50C1-4DF8-8E03-3481E8C92DD3_zps7in3st89.jpg

36DF80FE-D284-4ECE-8DC9-3EE93E03811C_zpsu7fjhagh.jpg

The infamous halfway house....

059DB9B6-FBBE-419C-A70B-1024660FB26D_zpszzcnkddf.jpg

Wallasey Golf Club Frank Stableford scratch

FCF08FBF-4B09-46B2-82CB-E049248C4F83_zps3kha5mje.jpg

8B4B36B8-5281-4405-8F7C-26293F2C7E86_zpsngspitmb.jpg

99E853D5-4F80-4610-B5E0-3C6A3D40C819_zps3pxtz42e.jpg

BC783FD5-500F-41CC-9F40-B1E245795AFA_zpsbnjbifkf.jpg

Caldey Golf Club Quartz only the one photo here as it was cold wet and windy, not a day for photos!

0C2C5CEB-2FC6-4DD9-9566-16C7E0A05A8F_zpsrwpfcfpk.jpg

• 5 weeks later...