2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

BEST SHOTS EVER!

list them here.
hey guys ive been reading about longest drives and things like that but what about best shots...? my personal best was when i was 150 out, under a tree (what i was doing there in the first place i have no clue) but i hit a punch 7 iron, to the front of the green, and it rolled all the way to the cup and it dropped for an eagle :lol: ...it was pertty sweet, now lets here yours..!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys ive been reading about longest drives and things like that but what about best shots...? my personal best was when i was 150 out, under a tree (what i was doing there in the first place i have no clue) but i hit a punch 7 iron, to the front of the green, and it rolled all the way to the cup and it dropped for an eagle :lol: ...it was pertty sweet, now lets here yours..!!!

Making par after hitting a 70 yard backhanded 3 wood. Didn't even turn the club over just used the back of it.

Adam

Hey what do u know i was there for both of these shots!!!!!! allsouthpaw it was a great shot!!! and Adam that was also a good shot against DLS!! haha good stuff guys

I have holed out a lot of wedge shots so those couple out for some good shots, but recently I would have to say my best shots came out of a bunker and another on a par five. A few weeks ago I was down in Alabama for part of my break, and I played Muscle Shoals (part of the RTJ golf trail), beautiful golf course by the way if you're ever down in the area.

13th Hole - Par three 184 yards from the tee I was playing --> The Hole is kind of like a big 'C', there is safety (fairway) all the way around the hole, but the direct route the green is all the way over water. I took my shot to the left hand corner of the green and over compensated I guess a mental block and pulled it into a little pot bunker. I get up there the ball is literally burried, you could see where it first went in and it burried itself from there on out. So basically, downhill lie, one of the worst fried egg lies I have ever seen, about a 3 foot lip to carry and water just a tad long! I was scared to death, but commited to the shot, and it came out picture perfect and eventually dropped.

**There added picture of #13 so you could visualize better :lol:

The next shot came on the 17th hole, a fairly short par 5 (537). This hole was a direct dogleg after about 280-290, and then swung around w/ again saftey to the right and a huge pond stretching the whole length from the driver landing area to the hole...here's a picture so you can picture it:

(If you can see that bunker in the way back of the picture, that is where the dogleg starts/landing area)

Anywho, I hit the fairway, and I didn't come all the way from Maine to lay up on a par 5 that I had the oppertunity to go for!! So I said what the hell, pulled out the three wood, settled my nerves and gave it a go. The exact yardage was 253 unfortunately, but that was because I hit the right-middle of the fairway. I had to swing a little hard which caused the ball to get up a tad bit more than normal, so it was just watch her and hope...and it wouldn't be an amazing shot if it didn't make it; it ended up about 20 feet away, missed the putt, but it was probably the best three wood I have ever hit!!

Lets hear them boys!!

- Bryan

making it isnt fun to me. my fun is spinning the hell out of the ball. farmington cc last year the kid i was playing against in a hs match was up near the hole I hit my 60 yrd wedge and spun the hell out of it. it had two chances of going in, and the kids jaw dropped to the floor. drained my 20 footer coming up the back.

i dont know what the best shot i have done is, but the best shot i have ever seen was in a match at another club. it was on a par 5 about 580 yards long, we both had about 250-260 in, it was him to play first and he hit this high fade 3 wood, it took a bounce before the green 1 more on the green and then went in. i tried for the half as well, got on the green but not in the hole lol i dont think i will see a better hole out in my life

I can't forget this one!!! i was playing golf with NCSWOLFPACK10 last fall

We were playing some kids for some money... trying to hustle them for some pocket cash

we both hit our drives down the fairway..... i had 115 yds and he had about 105 yds

So i play my shot 1st with a 52* wedge. lands about 7 ft behind the hole and spins back.... RIGHT IN THE HOLE... eagle

Next Adam hits and he hits about 7ft behind the hole.... spins back and LIPS OUT!!!

just had to add that one!! it was a money winner!!!

I can't forget this one!!! i was playing golf with NCSWOLFPACK10 last fall

We were playing some kids for some money... trying to hustle them for some pocket cash

we both hit our drives down the fairway..... i had 115 yds and he had about 105 yds

So i play my shot 1st with a 52* wedge. lands about 7 ft behind the hole and spins back.... RIGHT IN THE HOLE... eagle

Next Adam hits and he hits about 7ft behind the hole.... spins back and LIPS OUT!!!

just had to add that one!! it was a money winner!!!

Good times at Cattails.

Adam

My 2 shots both involved an amazing amount of luck. First, about two years ago in my first HS match, I bladed the crap out of my sand wedge on an approach shot. It was heading straight for the water behind the green when it hit a bunker rake and bounced back onto the green to about 3 feet. THe other one happened last year in a match on the same course when I hit a high bunker shot a bit too hard but it caught the flag and fell straight into the cup. THe whole group was in shock.

I don't think I can really decide on a best shot. But I can decide on one of the best holes I've ever played.

At my home course, about a 550 yd par 5, (2 yrs ago, age 13,) hit one of the longest drives Ive ever hit, (ok had a 20 mph wind at my back), had about about 240 to the green. Was thinking that this would be my first time reaching that green in 2. Hit my 3 wood off a slight upslope, plays a little uphill from about 300 yds and on, so didnt see the ball come down but I knew it had to be good. Get up to see, literally about half a foot from the green :lol: So Im kinda pissed, but then I chip in for my 1st eagle :tongue:

So that, I would have to say that that was one of the best holes I've ever played.

On a different subject, Bryan, did that scorecard say it had a 716 YD PAR 5?!?!?!?!?!? :ok:

I don't think I can really decide on a best shot. But I can decide on one of the best holes I've ever played.

At my home course, about a 550 yd par 5, (2 yrs ago, age 13,) hit one of the longest drives Ive ever hit, (ok had a 20 mph wind at my back), had about about 240 to the green. Was thinking that this would be my first time reaching that green in 2. Hit my 3 wood off a slight upslope, plays a little uphill from about 300 yds and on, so didnt see the ball come down but I knew it had to be good. Get up to see, literally about half a foot from the green :lol: So Im kinda pissed, but then I chip in for my 1st eagle :tongue:

So that, I would have to say that that was one of the best holes I've ever played.

On a different subject, Bryan, did that scorecard say it had a 716 YD PAR 5?!?!?!?!?!? :ok:

Yeah, from the tips the RTJ at Muscle Shoals is just rediculous! On some holes you would come up to the tips tee box and then drive for a while until you reached even the next tee box. I couldn't fathom playing that course from the tips, it would just be crazy. If I go back and get to play it again and have the opertunity for more than one round, I would like to try it from back there just to see how hard it really is. Some of the carries over water and wastelands are rediculous. I played it from something around 7100, and that was a pretty lengthy track from the tees I was playing. I played Fighting Joe which is supposedly not the most scenic of the two, but let me tell you it was absalutely beautful. The 18th hole is a little par three right on the Tennessee River, it was sweet! If you are ever down in the Alabama area, do your self a favor and go and play a few of the RTJ Golf Trail courses! www.rtjgolf.com

- Bryan

Hole in ones are always pretty sweet so my ace - seven iron, 164 yard - must rank up there. I also recollect a specific chip in on 13 for par after driving the ball into the bushes. It was during the final round of a big local event which I ended up winning so that was cool.

Titleist TS3 10.5° w/ Tensei AV 55 Stiff
Titleist TS2 16.5° w/ Tensei AV 65 Stiff
Titleist TS2 21° w/ Tensei AV 75 Stiff
Titleist U510 23° w/ Tensei Blue AM2 Stiff
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 w/ XP 95 S300
Vokey SM8 46°, 50°, 54°, 60° w/ XP 95 S300
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34"

My Best Shot Ever Was Probably Last Summer.

Really Having A Bad Day On The Course, Sliced A 5 Wood On The 18th.

I Was Really Pissed off because I was playing with this other junior who was well known around the clubhouse for being a cheater (well not by the adults) and he was just pure annoying to play with.

So ball in a divot (aaaaargh!!!!!) 80 90 yards out. Trees I was in were to the right of the green. So I was in this position that i had to play a draw and then sort of fade it a tiny bit. so during my practice swings i sort of made a jim furyk like backswing and then tried to just hit down on it. So the cheater yells to me to hurry up. And when I'm struggling I can have the concentration of tiger woods if i want to. Said to myself I'LL SHOW HIM!. Played it about a foot behind my right foot and smacked it with that weird swing. Right up to the centre of the green and finished off my terrible round with a great par.

That concentration happened a lot of times before like when i was hitting my fifth out of the bunker on the 11th and said to myself i'm gonna hit the flag with this one. Aimed it up, hit the flag but the ball bounced back into the bunker (!!!!!)

My best shot I think would be last year...

I had 215 left to the hole and on a severe donwslope. The Green was kind of L-Shaped with a bunk in front, and the hole was behind the bunker. So I decided to hit a fade. This is where practicing on the range really helps, because I had been practicing fades earlier that week. So anyway I pull me 3 wood out, line 'er up and swing. PERFECT. The ball just floats, working its way left to right, bounces once before the green, rolls up, lips out and ends up a foot and a half away.

Beautiful.

Sorry for the long story, but thats a shot that a really liked.

Big T

i was on the 6th hole of my home club which is a 607 yard par 5 and i SMACKED my drive 307 on a hot day and i sliced a driver off the deck and hit the maintenance building it kicked back into the rough and i had to keep a punch sandy it landed just short of the green and kicked right into the hol for an eagle

My most impressive shot by far was a double eagle during school this year. I made it on a ridiculously short par 4 which goes 120 strait, then another 120 at almost a 90 degree angle to the green. I play a huge slice with the 3 wood, thinking that my 3 only goes about 260 normally, so I'll hit it in the fairway, pitch it close, and make my birdie. Through all of this the group in-front of us is on the green. I hit my drive and play it perfectly. It turns out that I holed out this 3 wood, while the group in front of us is putting out. The round ended double quad :drinks: , so I shot 74, but was I happy!

I would have to say my best shot was in my junior club tournament. Me and my friend were playing and we're really competitive. I was beating him pretty bad until the 8th hole. I think i was 1 over. I duck hooked my driver out of bound. On my fourth shot i duck hooked my 5 wood out of bound. I took an 8. So me and him were tied at 5 over. On the next hole i pushed my drive basically straight right. On my second shot i had a weird stance and hit my 9 iron up on the green 1 hopped and fell 3 inches from the cup. I went up and tapped in my birdie to win.

• 7 months later...

I pushed my drive into the crap onto the right of the par 5.i ended up behind a tree,i was about 250 yards away so i got my 5 iron out thinking i'll just lay up.My ball was semi-plugged in the rough so i twatted the hell out of it to try and get back onto the fairway infront of me.me and my partner did not see the ball in the air so we walked up through the trees and back onto the fairway i was gutted cause i knew i had hit it really sweetly.So i thought to myself leave it and go onto the next hole but then wen we got to the green i saw a ball and it wasnt my partners and walked up to it and saw it was mine it was about 20 foot from the pin and then i went onto make the putt for eagle:)

Playing the par 5 last at my local club.Going dark 2 over par down the last.Pull my drive slightly nearly out of bounds!!Take out my 5 wood into wind from around 230 and stick it to a foot and nocked in the putt!

Best Scenario:

Me and my mate were playing against my other 2 mates ben(brl11)And tom.We were three down with 3 to play going onto the short par 3 16th 134 yards.Me ben and tom hit our shots all within 10 foot.My partner steps up and holes out for his first hole in one!!We go on to win on the 19th:)Courtesy of my birdie!!

I wouldn't say mine's an amazing shot because of the difficulty, but more for the fact that I called it. This summer, I was playing in the washington jr golf assoc. state championship in Seattle. I was playing horrible and on one of the par threes, I pushed the crap out of a seven iron and it caught a tree, and dropped in super high rough. As I was headed up to the green, I noticed my sister (who lives in Seattle, but I rarely get to see because I live on the other side of the mountains) had shown up. As I got to my ball, I pointed at her and said, "this one's goin' in for you." She looked back at me and laughed. I had about 20 yards to the green from thick rough with the pin about 2 paces on and a small ridge to the right of the hole (I was on the right side of the green). Anyways, I grabbed my 60* and took some practice swings trying to get the feeling of spinning the ball hard from right to left while still keeping a lot of backspin on it. I hit the shot, it landed just right of the hole, went up the ridge and came back down and crashed into the stick and dropped. It's the first time I've ever called a shot, and actually hold it in a tourney.

This happened in the AUSTRALIAN summer of 2004. Just about one week out from Christmas, I recently got a very good nick secondhand set of Mizunos, the same one's as I have now. So I'm playing this par 3, 160 metres. Pull out the six iron and make a few practice swings. Hit this ball dead straight at the pin and high with the easiest of swings. I knew it was a good shot but since I didn't have my glasses on, I couldn't see it once it hit the green. Luckily my dad had the video recorder out the whole time. Took one bounce, checked and rolled in, all in a straight line!

Then two weeks later, I'm playing a 120 metre par 3, same course. The pin is tucked just behind a bunker. Pitching wedge, once again one of my new Mizunos. I've hit it perfect but with a draw. The little bugger goes right in on the full! Hits the bottom of the stick! I was laughing on the tee with my grounp for a full 5 minutes... dunno why.

Since then, I've had a few best shots but they weren't for eagles of anything but they were just shots that turned out exactly the way that I had imagined it. There's nothing more satisfying than that.

Josh