2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

BEST SHOTS EVER!

i hit what was quite possibly the worst drive of my life way right into a fairway bunker on the next hole. i checke my sky caddie and it tole me i was 144 to the hole so i hit a 9 iron out of the sand. I probaly hit the best 9 iron ive ever hit , and that includes the fairway, i was a little left of the hole and began to fade toward the hole, it land about 5 feet short and 2 feet left and then the fade spin spun it right into the hole. My first eagle ever and it basically won the match for me becuase i played beatufully for the rest of the round and as for the other guy it wasnt so good

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give you my best from this year. I'm in a tournament in July, tied for the lead after 36 holes. Par-5, and I hit a good drive, but pushed a bit right. I figure I have 190+ left, and with it playing soo slow I thought just lay-up and get up and down for birdie. I hit a 7-iron, and next thing you know, the guys on the green are looking back towards me. I'm embarassed, and when I get to the green they tell me that if I had waited, it would have hit the pin and probably gone in. The ball ends up nine feet away and I make the eagle putt. It was so dry, I should have factored-in the bounce and roll, 'cause folks, I CAN'T HIT A 7-IRON THAT FAR!!!

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5 70g 
3wd: Srixon F65 10.5° Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70g 
3h & 4h Srixon Z-U85 20° & 23° Recoil 95 F4
Irons: Titleist 620CB 5-pwTT AMT Tour White S300 
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50° 56° 60° KBS TT AMT Tour White S400, bent to 51° 55° 59°
Putter: Ping Redwood Anser 34" w/Element 29 from Putter Lounge & Carbon Ringo w/Misted Stainless Steel 
Grip: Lamkin UTx
Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV
Bag: Srixon Z Stand
Shoes: 6 adidas 2 Puma (diva golfer)

1) was about 140 out, right behind a huge tree. starting my ball O.B., I hit a 40 yard slice with an 8 iron and hit it to 10 feet. made my birdie putt. (HS match)

2) behind a low hanging limb, about 40 yards to a hole tucked right behind a greenside bunker right in the middle of my line. decided to hit a punch 3 iron. hit the upslope of the bunker, popped straight up in the air, landed anout 15 feet. missed the putt though ;) . got a few laughs and giggles from my teammates telling me this was the luckiest shot they had ever seen. (HS match)

3) coach for what ever reason ahd me play as an alternate for a HS match. I'm pretty pissed cause i had the 2nd lowest scoring avg at the time....damn seniors... but to make a story short, he starts me on the 7 hole, playing with the opposing coach. so what do i do? blast a 3 wood down the middle of the fairway. 140 in. hit a 9 iron 2 feet past the hole and spun it to 2 inches. i was pretty pissed for not getting to play in the match. w/e.

(edit for spelling)

My best drive was during the summer, OB down the right. Hole was 360 yards and I boomed a drive pin high, on the green. It was at least 375 yards, but taking into account the 100 yards roll in the summer it wasn't that abnormal. I missed the putt from 40 feet but I like 2 putt birdies!

My best shot in a competition was, playing for my club in the Jimmy Bruen Memorial (All-Ireland inter-clubs foursomes competition). I was a rookie this year, and my first shot was from the 1st fairway. I had a 4 iron into a strong wind, after seeing my opponents hit a 5 wood to 6 feet. I stood up and hit my shot to 20 feet, and the opponents missed the putt. It really got me into the swing of things and we won 3&1.

i was trailing by one shot going to the last hole. after bombing my drive i had 200 over water left in. i hit a 3 iron to 3 feet and made the ticklish downhill eagle putt for the one shot victory. it was my first tournament victory, and i will never forget my mom acting like she was flapping her wings due to my eagle, she was almost as excited as i was.

Driver: Stealth Plus 10.5* Ventus Red
Fairway: Ping G400 17* Tour AD-DI
Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21* Tour AD-DI
Driving Iron: New Level NLU-01 4 and 5 iron Steelfiber i95
Irons: New Level 623 CB Aerotech Steelfiber i80
Wedges: Fourteen RM-4 50*, 56* and 61*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
Ball: Vice Pro Plus

My best shot occured during my Hampton Junior Tour Championship. It was a par 3, island green, with a 2 club headwind. 8th hole at Grand Haven. Closest to the pin got a dozen nxt-tours and I heard that the closest ball was a ten-footer. I stood up and swallowed my nerves and the ball went screaming high- headwind helped. It landed 2 feet away. That was my best, because it was like the 3rd island green I'd ever played. The second day i got lucky because my ball was about 1 foot from going in the water! Oh yea, I sunk the birdie putt......shyea ;)

my best shot was at boyne mountain (MI) on the alpine course. it was the second hole and there was water across the fairway about 260 out. so i hit my drive and its about a yard from the water.so i take out my 9 iron from 145 nd hit the shot. it bounced once and went right in the hole. it was my first eagle and also first hole out from over 30 yrds.

My best shot would be during qaulifying for the 6 man team at my local golf course. They put one junior on it. I was the second group with a tee off at 7:15. I pushed my drive a little bit wasn't bad just a little left. So then I take out my 4 iron from 150. I hit it and it was going right at the pin. So me and the two kids I was playing with get up to the hole. I couldn't find the ball. So one kid goes. "look in the hole I think it might have went in." I didn't look so he walked over and there was my ball resting in the bottom of the cup. I ended up hacking it the rest of the round and I lost the ball because I was to stupid to keep it (cool) But it was a wicked nice shot that I doubt I will ever forget.

just earlier this year i found myself in a fairway bunker about 160m out on a par five. pulled out my six iron and hit the most pure shot. The ball flew high with a slight draw and stopped pretty quickly once it hit the green. Landed about 3m from the hole. i ended up two puttimg but it was one of the best feeling shots i've ever hit.

ok so i hit my five wood on a long par 3 about 80 yards to the left and im stuck behind a little tree. i smack the ball out onto a steep hill next to the green where the rough was extremely thick and my ball was buried. I take out a lob wedge and take a full swing. the ball goes straight up in the air, lands, and rolls on a line right into the hole. im pretty sure it was the best played par 3 ever.

rockbrnlede.jpg

This is the hole that I hit my best shot EVER from.

This is a picture of our 4th hole (par 5, 580??yds) at my home course. Rock Barn Golf & Spa in Hickory, NC. And this is a picture of the hole from the green the tee is WAY back up there in those trees.

Anyhow. If you look at the inlet on the right hand side of the next fairway..you will see a little openeing in the trees and mabey if you look real hard you can see a little bit of a bunker. I pulled my tee shot (3wood) over there on top of that nole. After you see the grove of trees there is a little creek, and then the lake. The pin was in the same spot it is there. So I had mabey 6 of so feet to work with between the rocks(on the creek bed) and the tree limbs, and had to carry it over that lake. Probably 245!!

So I was like what the hay..pulled out the 3wood and hit the most solid, perfect, little picture three wood. Hit a little tiny cut between the rock bed and trees and then it rose straight up and fell onto the green about 5 feet short of the pin. Rolled out to about 4 ft. and I made the putt for eagle.

(MY 300th post) 2 parter.

1st shot. i was maybe 175 out. in the right rough. line of trees in front of me. i could either hit a 20 yard slice with a 4 iron or a 20 yard hook with a 6. i chose the 6. (this was in front of my golf coach by the way, which made it extra special for me). huge towering hook, maybe 15 feet from the hole. i used my tiger hook swing. whipping the right leg around and everything. it wasnt that great of a result, but under the circumstances, it was my best ever. dont remember if i made the putt or not. after the shot i just looked back at my coach and he just said. wow. he was amazed.

2nd Shot. this one is a putt. in front of my golf coach again. severe uphill and right to lefter. maybe 30 feet. he looked at the putt and just said to me "if you could try to get it within 3 feet, that would be great" hit it, it was tracking perfectly, pulled another tiger, raised the club and as soon as it dropped, did the tiger "whack a mole" looked at the coach and said, no joke, "hows that" he gave me a high five. it was such a great moment.

mine dont quite compare to some of the others on here, but i just wanted to relive the memories. ha.

A couple of my best shots ever actually happened in back to back holes. First hole (7th) at my home club is a par 5 565 yards. Ripped a drive down the left side of the fairway about 355. 210 in with a 7 iron I lipped out for double eagle :pimp: . Then the next hole (8th) par 3 235 yards. I took a 5 iron hit it perfect and made my 8th hole in one ever!!!!!!!!! :crazy2: :) :)

Then I woke up. :bb: :D :D :stop: :stop:

i was in a parent and offspring final with my dad in relly wet conditions we reached the 10th hole 1 or 2 up (i cant remember) i hit my drive into a bunker to the right of the fairway.

i was in casual water but decided not 2 take relief as the ball would just plug so i played it frm the puddle of water from about 160-165 with a 6 iron.

the shot flew straight over the trees as the shot was blind and pitched 2 inches from the cup and went 2 about 6 foot. i holed the birie putt and we ended up lsing thefinla on the 37 hole as we were all square afte 18and 36.

lol

really long par 4 about 470 yards...hit a lang draw that draws too much and is about 10- 20 yards in the rough with about 170 to the pin

problem was it is a tree full hole and every place u look there is a tree including a narrow 2 foot gap at my only possible route to the flag if i wanted to hit the g.i.r

it was fairly dark at the time as it was my 26th hole in winter golf

i hit a 7wood from a fairly good lie and i didnt see the ball in the air( i didnt hear a tree clank)...

it was just a practice 9 holes so i just walked on towards the green...i see 4 balls and my m8 messing around with them

i was pissed off

i get up and there is a ball 10 foot away from the hole and he goes "u nearly hit me".....best shot of my life and i made the birdie putt

• 7 months later...

Besdies the 4 aces I have, my favorite shot ever came about 4 years ago (I was 17 then) in a junior tournament. It was a 2-day tournament and I didnt play great the first day, shot 3 over 73. Second day I shot 66 and waited around for awhile and ended up getting in a playoff at 139. Second playoff hole, par 5 and I remember walking off from a 230 yard sprinkler to 237 to the center with a front pin so probably playing 230ish to the pin. Front pin, bunkers front and you can only see the top of the pin as the hole doglegs left and goes uphill and then back down. Ton of people watching and the kid I'm playing hit his second shot left to where I had no idea where it was. I got my spot and decided to hit a 2iron because I knew if I mishit it then I'd end up in the front trap where it'd be an easy up and in. I hit the best high cut 2 iron of my life and heard people clapping. Walking up the hill theres a ball sitting about 6 inches from the pin.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

I've had a couple close calls for aces and stuff, but the only time I've ever holed out was from 80 yards on a 350 yard par 4... for birdie. I got into some tree trouble, had to punch out, then holed it for birdie from 80 out. Best part is at that time I had a bogey free round going, so that kept it going even longer. I bogeyed 12 though :smilie_ping: but that was the day I shot a 2 under 69, my best score ever.

I also had a really good stretch fo holes where my short game was unbelievable. Final 6 holes of a tournament. I was +3 going into this stretch, and that was looking good, the llow that I heard was +2. 13, 290 yard par 4. Drive it about 260 or so in the left rough. Pitch it beautifully, drain it for bird. Up and down on 14 for par. Same on 15. Same on 16. Same on 17. Same on 18. It was just unbelievable. I ended up firing a 2 over 73, which was low in the clubhouse until a guy came in with a 72. Soon after another 72 came in. However, at the time it was one of the best streches of holes for my short game, especially with the pressure.

1. Was playing a 180 Par 3 , and I hit a 7 waaaaay to far. I was now on the tee box for the next hole. To get back over, I had to go over a hazard and a row of bunkers. The green was about 20 feet below me and I just hit a perfect flop shot. But I landed it on the wrong tier. The ball started coming down the slope and just tracked straight into the hole. Best Birdie I have ever made.

2. Was playing 11 at Adobe Creek in Petaluma, California. I hit a horrible weak 3 wood push that left me waay out. I hit a perfect cut 6 to 100. My playing partners went, then it was my turn. The bunkers guarding the front of the green are pretty nasty. The green is above you, so all you can see is the pin. I hit a great low, spinning lob, and I knew it was close. I saw the ball land, take a wierd hop and disappear. Oh now, I though I had hit the down slope of a tier. Then I started thinking if it had holed out. I run up to the green and saw a TP Red looking back at me. The ball mark was on the lip of the hole, it bounced off then had spun back in. Bad part is, that everyone was looking at a fight going on on a neighboring fairway. I had a great wedge day but and horrible putting day. Ended up going 40-35 for a 75.

3 Was on vacation in Las Vegas with my family for my parent's anniversary, my dad and I were plaing the Palms Course(?) and Angel Park, and I was having a great driving day. On a 540 Par 5, It was about 295 to carry the dogleg. I slammed it straight over with a slight fade, and left my self an 8 in. I put it to 3 feet for an easy eagle.

[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]Bridgestone J33R 460 9.5* - Aldila Voodoo XNV6[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]TEE XCG6 15* - Testing [/size][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]Ping Rapture 18* - Aldila NV 105-X[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]Ping Rapture 24* - Project X 6.5[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]Cobra '08 Pro CB Forged 5-PW - Project X 6.5 (Satin)[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]Vokey SM 50* and 54* - DG S400[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]Callaway X-Tour Forged PM Grind 58* - DG S400[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]Seemore M1 Milled[/size][/font]

In my first round this year I was about 120-125 metres from the green on a par four hitting my second shot. I hit a nice little eight iron that started out to the left of the pin and drew back in towards the flag, btw I am a lefty. I saw the ball bounce once after it hit the green and then it disappeared. I was with my dad and we both looked at each other and said that we thought it could have gone in. We walked up to the green and I found the ball in the hole with the pitch mark in the green about a foot short of the hole.

This has been by far my best shot in golf

On the last hole of a high school match my ball plugged in a green side bunker. If I could have got up and down would have tied the match (I was in the final pairings). Blasted it out of the bunker and dunked it in the cup for the win clapping.gif

In the Bag

Driver-TM Burner TP 8.5, 85X RE AX

3 Wood- Nike Sumo 13*, 95X Graffaloy Red

Hybrid- TM Rescue TP 17*, 95X Re AX

3-PW- Miura cb-201, Project X 7.5

Wedges- Titleist spin milled raw 52*/58*

Putter- Scotty Cameron Newport Pro Platnum

Ball- Pro V1

Cobra Speedzone 9* w/ Tensei Pro White 70x
Mizuno ST200 15* w/Accra TZ5 100x Prototype
Taylormade P790 2i w/Recoil 120x Prototype
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 4i-5i w/DG X7
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 6i-PW w/DG X7
Mizuno S18 50*/57* w/DG X100
Callaway MD5 64* w/DG S400
Kevin Burns Custom 9304

We were passing a group on our hardest par 3, 202, slightly uphill, water all around and bunkers guarding the right half of the green. Had an easy front pin positions, unguarded. I've got 6 guys who know me watching me, I took a 5 wood (couple years ago, now that club would send it up to the next tee box) and let it rip. It took one bounce and rolled 6 feet from the pin.

Playing in a threesome with clients I had not played with before. Par five opening hole. Group in front of us has just arrived at the green. My playing partners hit irons to lay up. I have 250 something to the front edge and the pin's twentyish on and they are wondering why I am waiting. Realising I am going for the green there is some subtle shaking of heads as we have a group behind us waiting on the tee.

Chaps up front take an age to put out and pressure is building. If I make a mess of it I look like a total plank for holding everyone up.

At last the green is free and I'm sweating the shot more than a little now. Even my caddy is giving me a look so I got angry. Strong 3 wood, perfect release, lands just this side of the front edge and rolls to about 15 feet. Two put birdie.

I judge my decent shots by how much pressure is involved.