For you guys asking for a help in picking a shaft!

joey3108

Joe, Thanks for the thread. I'm looking at a set of Cleveland CG Gold Irons and need help deciding on the shaft. The one thing I know is I'm not a fan at all of the stock shaft the Action Lite...I also don't like the DGSL..other than that shafts I know from testing that I like or have demoed and would like to consider are DG, Black Gold, Tour Concept and Rifle.

Here are my answers:

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )

Ping I5's White dot 1" over with the stock CS Lite shaft in Stiff

2. What type of swinger are you? ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )

Most of the time I am more smooth, but at times I do get "armsy" or rush my swing

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?

14.3 HC, down from a high of 18 two years ago. 6.5 as for consistency

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?

I feel like I'm not getting the proper kick or ummmph out of the shaft, I hit a demo MP57 wiht a project X shaft at the time I was demoing CG Gold and MP 57 and I could tell an immediate differnce in that shaft. I feel I'm just not good enough ball striker for the Mp57 heads.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, etc?) IMPORTANT!!!

yes about last year. With a 6 iron my SS was between 86 to 89, launch angle was I believe around 19 degrees, but I could be off on that, ball speed 110'ish spin rate was 5800, most shots were straight with a slight fade to cut ball flight.

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?

Lower ball flight, more penetrating less floating (I do realize the swing and contact are the most important factors in that, but any shaft that will lean more that way everything else being equal would be good)

7. Have you had any dynamic club fitting before? Lie angle?

Not recently. My current clubs are 2* upright

8. etc.

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )

Ping g10 9* Prolaunch Red X 45inch

Med Tempo

+1

Loss of Distance

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, etc?) IMPORTANT!!!

Club Head Speed 105

Ball Speed 151

Launch Angle 14.5

Max Height 48 y

Carry 270

RPM 3800

More D

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Hey Joe,

I'm looking for optimal performance from my driver, her are the answeres to your questions, your advice will be GREATLY APPRECIATED:

1. Cleveland Hibore XL 10.5, stock Red Fuji, Stiff Flex

2. Quick

3. 8 handicap, (7 consistent swing)

4. Too much Spin not enough roll, high ball fligh

5. Launch Monitor session yesterday:

Avg swing speed= 110.6

launch angle= 15.7

ball speed= 158.1

spin rate= 3166

Carry= 264.8

Total Dist= 287.9 (probably off a little since i live in Florida and we dont get a lot of roll)

PTR= 143.6

6. Im trying to achieve optimal performance, i swung a couple of different heads and got better results (spin, launch angle) but my carry and total distance was the same. Im hitting this head as far as the FT5 or Superquad and i got much lower spin rates on those (2600-2700).

7. My irons are S300, irons are 1 degree flat.

I was thinking of the Diamana Blue X 73 or 63, advise ir appreciated.

Thanks!

hello joe,

looking for a hybrid- shaft combo which plays easy and gets up in the air easily (18° instaed of a 5wood or 2-iron) and which has a pretty nice high flight not balloning and

going to order new irons 755 or ap-2 and need help with a shaft too.

i am playing now the rifle 5.5 and they feel pretty good but they launch in my 695cbs too high a bit.

so would projectx 5.5 / 5.0 which is standard in the ap-2 or rifle flighted work well for me? played px 5.5 in a 7-iron 695mb once and they went pretty good (long and straight with good flight) but feel a little bit too stiff for me at impact. looking for a more softer feel i think. i do not get so much opportunities to test here in germany

ss driver: 105

ball speed: 150

6 iron: 82

6 iron carry: 170 yards

weight: 125 kg

height: 185cm

hcp: 8 (in europe)

length: standard

lie: 2° upright

fitted by my club pro

thanks very very much for your help

HI Joe,

Need any advice you can give.

I'm 42 years old, 5ft11, 180 lbs (1m80, 81 kgs). I am a 4.6 handicap index. I play with Mizuno MP32 irons (Dyna SL Regluar) which are standard loft, lie is 2 degrees flat, FT5 Tour (9.5, Fujikura E360 Stiff), TItleist 904F (Fujikura 757 Stiff). My SS with driver is around 95+ mph, with irons 88 mph. Have fairly slow, smooth tempo.

My problem is, that I've been suffering from tendinitis for the last 3 years (now progressively disappearing). My swing changed due to this (and certainly due to age too), and despite still being able to shoot consistently in the mid 70s (76-79), I am frustrated with a loss and now lack of distance.

My 7 iron carries 145 yards max (130+ meters), 5 iron 160 yards (145m), 3 iron 180 yards... (165 m)... Which is at least 20% less than I used to get a couple years ago. My driving is presently app. 240 yards (220m), and while I can still keep my scoring together as I tend to be both consistent and accurate, it is a problem when going for a green beyond 160 yards, or when playing longer holes/courses (especially since my golf buddies are long hitters).

I am considering changing all my shafts to more adequate graphite shafts, but would like something that is high performance, maximizing distance, with minimal sacrifice of feel and accuracy.... I would like to have mid trajectory for both irons and woods. Probably need medium torque in consideration of my 'weakness'.

So, I guess my question is : which graphite shafts for both irons and woods would be recommended for me. Smooth, slow, consistent swing - needing more distance....

Thanks for reading, and for any advice and feed back on higher end graphite shafts. I live in France, not many people around that know about fitting, especially in the parts I live in....

Phil

so i need some help getting a new shaft for my hybrid, its a Cleveland halo 22* which i believe is a .370 tip size. i have been spinning it too much and just need something new, so anything to help basically. im all ears

1. What is the club existing set up? ( 22*, Stock Shaft, Regular Flex, No idea on SW or length)

2. What type of swinger are you? ( I am pretty smooth swinger, my misses occur when i get quick )

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? ( between 4-7, and have very repeatable swing, stack and tilt)

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? (shaft is only reg flex in bag, spin in way too much and its starting to be a hook club for me)

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? ( no LM session w/ hybrid, but with driver (in sig) my SS= 102-111, spin=2800-3200, launch angle= 13-14*, cant remember ball speed)

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? (want less spin and more control, mid height - high height ball flight, and need a stiffer shaft to help prevent me from hooking it like crazy <this is the only club i really hook>)

7. Have you had any dynamic club fitting before? Lie angle? (never had a real in depth fitting, just did the standard tape test when i got my irons and i am at a regular standard lie for callaway x forged)

8. I am 6'2" about 200lbs, 18 years old, and just looking for some help guys. i have considered the aldila DVS, NV. the UST PFV2 hybrid, and fuji banzai.

thanks for any help with this one

Brendon

Hi Joe, I need to reshaft my driver. Can you please suggest me a good shaft ?

Genex Trimax 460 driver, 10 Degree, Grafalloy Prolite 3.5, Reg, D2, 46 inch,

Smooth to medium tempo, sometimes slow tempo

Still cannot break 100. Usually my score is less than 120. Scale 6-10

Cant drive the ball long. Driving distance only between 195 - 215 yards. Always slicing the ball, trajectory too low.

Never had launch monitor session.

SS- 80 to 90 mph

Hitting my 6 Iron 140 yards and 5 Iron = 164 yards

I am looking for more distance with high Launching trajecotry, cure slicing. Straight and long is what I need with the Driver.

Hey Joe, I am trying to decide which shaft to get in a G-10. My current set up is a Titleist 983K 10.5 w/ Grafalloy Blue S (obviously a little stiff for me). My swing speed is generally 102-105 mph with an average tempo. My Launch angle is about 12.5*. Id like to hit the ball a bit higher than that, but not too high. What would be a good shaft for a G-10.

Would a 9* w/ fuji Rombax 6W06 fit well based upon my statics?

TFC-129D?

V2 High Launch?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Crowboy,

Classic over the top swing, descending blow at impact with a traping motion, thus it deloft the club face. I would definitely see a teaching pro first to make all this new driver worth your time and money.

golfme,

Please get me a numbers from the club you are trying to fix or buy only.

mdsportguy,

Didn't you send me email and we've talked about this?

Jeff,

We did talk about this on the phone and it was nice talking to you. :D

highyield6,

Honestly speaking I would try the same set up with lower lofted head and see what numbers you can give me.

I will answer the rest later when i have time.

THX!

Joe

In the past 2 years I have lost a lot of distance on my driver - but nothing else! I can hit my 3 wood (Sonartec 33 3.5 14 degree) the same distance as my driver (Titleist 905s 9.5 with the stock Fujikura Speeder shaft - Stiff)- which is about 260 yards with the 10-15 yards of roll. My irons (Calloway X-Forged with Project X 6.0) are fine distance wise as well (7 iron = 170 yards).

My stats are:

HDCP = 2

Consistency - I play 16 great holes a round - so I would say an 8

Swing Speed = 110mph

Ball Speed = ??

Launch Angle = 12 degrees

Spin = 3300-3400rpm

I get al ot of good carry - but nothing else.

Jeff

TM Jetspeed 9.5* - Speeder Evo 757
BB Pro 16* -Motore Speeder 7.2 T.S.
Callaway 815 18* - Speeder 865
Titleist 712u 4i - Steelfiber 95s
Titleist 716 TMB - Steelfiber 95s
TVD-M Grind 50* 55* 60*
WITB Link

Joey,

"mdsportguy,

Didn't you send me email and we've talked about this?"

not that I can remember. I did just send you an email now.

Thanks,

MDSG

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

1. What is the club existing set up? Sumo 2 5900 8.5, Stock VS Proto 65-S, Lead Tape just above the Ferrule (Probably ~D9) 45.5

2. What type of swinger are you? Quick Tempo

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? 8 quick hips and block fade sometimes.

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Too High and too much spin (250-260 carry with ball mark within 5yds of ball)

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? While back... 105-113, 14 deg, ????, ~3000 rpm

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? shallower landing angle and maybe slightly lower ball flight.

7. Have you had any dynamic club fitting before? No

8. Last club was a SQ "Max" (Not Tour) 9.5, Grafalloy Protoytype BiMatrx stiff, 44.5" that gave nearly perfect ball flight that was a slightly lower than this club but would roll out well.

Want the carry and consistancy of this new head with lower to get a better overall number.

Aside... my old club played an inch shorter, wich i liked, and i think added consistancy along with more center hits. Would tipping this shaft (VS Proto 65-s) an inch, making it slightly stiffer and my desired length, give me at least some of the results i'm looking for?

sigiwallner,

It looks like you might want to give a try Tour Concept shaft if you are looking for a softer feel impact steel shaft.

Philfrance,

I will need a LM data to be able to help. I believe you've email me already, right?

hatrick3518,

Iyou didn't give me enough info on your existing hybrid shots. If you said it's to much spin, How do you know? To high ball flight?

I assumed you hit them to high. Reducing a spin and hook is coming from : Lie, heavier shaft static weight, Stiffer tip design, stiffer flex and most of all from my experiences is that you have to hit hybrid club like a long iron ( do not sweep it, need to take a little divot ). Try it!

Stood812,

I will be honest, You will need a good teaching coach and hit a lot of golf balls.

alacey,

Sorry, I can't help with very minimal info.

jhunter,

I've replied your email.

THX guys!

joe

thanks for your answer,

are the tour concepts similar to the standard rifles? in germany i think it is hard to get a chance to try tour concept shafts.

do you have an advice for me if i search an iron in the range of 110-120g?

and what about hte project x for my swing, they (projectx 5.5) felt stiff in 695mb from my pgy pro but got a very good trajectory and very consistent resultats although i like the feeling in the standard rifles more. shall i take those, becaus looking to get the new ap-2, and there it is standard projectx 5.5.

many thanks in advance joe

alex

Hey Joe, here's a little more info. I am going to get a G10(probably 9*) and was wondering if you have any shaft suggestions

-Titleist 983 K 10.5* w/ Grafalloy Blue S (and lead tape), 45"

-I'd say I have average tempo, Not Els, but not Zorro

-10 Handicap; 7 (consistent when I'm playing a lot, but can go if I don't hit balls)

-Shafts too stiff, I want to get a more forgiving head (decided on G-10)

-SS=102-105; LA=12-13; Ball speed about 145-150; not sure about spin rate, but seems to be high. I don't get much roll

-I want a shaft that I can really control, w/out giving up to much distance that will work for me in a G10

-I am 1* upright, standard length, standard grip

8. etc.

I love the G10, and want to find the right shaft for my swing. There are a lot of choices out there, and am wondering if you have any advice.

Thank you

Adam

Hi Joe,

somewhat limited info coming in here, but I'll tell you what I got:

I'm a short, muscley guy: 5'8", 160. I play off a four handicap and have a consistent swing. I swing at about 110 mph and ball speed gets up to around 155. I swing really hard at the ball with a short backswing, fast transition and hit from the inside. Almost always draw the ball. I tend to be a high launch mid spin player, so now I'm trying to bring the spin and launch down.

For a long while I was playing the ft-5 9.5, E360 stiff. Not enough roll, too high. So I pulled and put a PL Red Stiff tipped one inch. Ball was ballooning off the earth. So now as a temporary fix I'm playing my old Titleist 975 j-vs 8.5 with prolite stiff, but if I swing hard that gets balloony as well (still a great club).

The Ping van was at our range with the trackman and they fit me into a Ping G10 7.5 with PL Red X. Seemed pretty good. Launch was down, seemed to want to perform.

I'm thinking about picking up a 905S 8.5 with a vista tour 60 in stiff. If the PL Red X in the G10 was a fit, would the Vista Tour stiff in the 905S work?

I know the G10 is high launch and higher spin as compared to the 905S, so I'm thinking that would balance out. So what I'm really interested in is would the Vista Tour 60 Stiff (in a bore thru Titleist no less) be roughly as stiff as the ProLaunch Red in X-stiff in the G10?

Any other thoughts based on this info? How about the 905S with a protopype X? Thanks for your thoughts.

Hey Joe,

I am looking for some direction as well. Any and all input is appreciated. Heard good things about the Whiteboard, Protopype, Fuji VTLT, and Fuji Rombax Z series for spin and launch reduction. Please let me know what else I can answer.

TM Burner TP 8.5*, TP Fuji REAX w/ ROMBAX 75g, S flex, swingweight guess D4, 45"

Srixon I-701 3-PW 1" over std 3* up

smooth tempo w/ a long backswing

tall (6'4"), lean (195 lbs), athletic

currently play to a 14; solid ball striker throughout the bag (~7 consistency); poor short game costs me strokes

high launch (ballooning); zero roll; lack of consistency when I step on one (lose it left)

These are averages from a comparison I did this past weekend. Notice the loft difference in the heads. There was no 8.5* to run direct comparisons.

8.5* Burner TP w/ stock TP Fuji REAX w/ ROMBAX 75g S flex (45")

Swing speed: 111.1 mph (116 high...I measured in the low 120s outside last season going full bore)

Ball speed: 149.3 mph (150.4 high)

Backspin: 4325

Launch Angle: 17.9*

Carry: 257 yards (259 high)

9.5* Burner TP w/ Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 73g X flex (45.5")

Swing speed: 108.4 mph (113 high)

Ball speed: 148.9 mph (155 high)

Backspin: 2666

Launch Angle: 19.3*

Carry: 257 yards (266 high)

Lower backspin

Lower launch

Improve ball speed (center contact)

Ability to swing as hard as I want to w/o fearing the shaft will fail to support it

Yes, I play 1" over standard and 3* up in my current irons (Srixon I-701 3-PW, DG X-100)

8. etc.

I played a Cleveland 400 w/ Graf Blue in S flex for years. I liked the fact that I could give that shaft nearly 100%, but thought it lacked feel. I currently have a Titleist 905S w/ Graf Blue S as a backup driver and enjoy that ball flight but really prefer the feel and forgiveness of the 460 TP Burner head. It also seems to have more pop, but I think I am failing to fulfill its potential with my current shaft. I also played a Snake Eyes head w/ a Penley Stealth 70 in X flex for two seasons and that setup had a frozen rope ball flight, which was terrific on windy days. I did tend to put a power fade on it most swings. Gave it up for larger, more forgiving Cleveland 400.

Irons I have played in the past include: TM LCG (loved them and should not have sold them, lofts strengthened and reshafted for fit and to bring ball flight down, rifle flighted 7.0); Macgreggor PCB Tour w/ rifle lite 6.5 (good club, but demanded more than I could offer); callaway x-16 (constant weight rifle 6.0; ball flight really high; just never liked the look).

Hi Joey :

Found time to get to a LM - if i can call you, please PM me with your number...

Again, I am looking for the combination of shafts that will help me optimize and increase distance (and swing speed). Again, contact and dispersion are not my main problems. I would also like to maintain decent feel in the orons to the extent it is possible (understand this will be at a loss if switching from steel to graphite in the irons). I understand distance is not the single key to success in golf, but in my case it is really lacking - though the same day I went to the LM, I shot 4 over par on our course (6600 yards), then played another 9 and shot one under - current hcp index is 4.6, and have been playing this rather solidly over the last couple years (probably due to the fact that my game is consistent despite being short, drives are almost always in play and short game is good).

empo is slow and smooth. Shots in general are straight, medium trajectory, no roll - balls tend to drop and stop with all irons and woods get very little roll too. I'm thinking I need to change my swing somewhat, but also need to generate higher launch and less spin. When hitting a 'bad' shot, tends to have a weak fade that loses some distance, but doesn't get me into trouble.

SO - what shaft suggestions could fit my need for irons, woods (am considering a new TM driver)? Again, I live in France - so most major/common brands are available ( Aldila, Fuji, Matrix, Diamana) are available), and any recommendations on fitting/cutting....

Tks.

Phil

PS Actually info below is wrong, my 3 Wood shaft is Fujikura E360 stiff, and Driver is E150 Stiff

Oh great knowledge man of club fitting,

I actually have a different sort of question in terms of shafts. My question revolves around my wedges. I play a 52-56-60 retail vokey OC (SM in 56 and 60) with the stock DGWEDGE shafts. I like the weight I feel throughout with them but my older set of Nike Raw Forged heads with FM SPINNER's feel like there is no head weight. I know the shafts weigh more overall, but should that effect the way it feels throughout the swing? Below are my specs with a driver.

Swing Speed - 125 mph

Ball speed - 175-182 mph (just had this checked this week)

Launch - 8.5 degrees

Spin - 3500 RPM

Carry Distance - 304 yrds (focaltron GolfAcheiver)

Ye Ole Bag Setup: Adams 9016D 8.5 Aldila RIP 70XX RBZ Tour 13.5 RIP 90X VSteel 5wd NV Green 90X TM TP UDI 2 PX Handcrafted Hazardous 105X TM 2014 TP MB KBS CT TM MG 50,54,58 TM ItsyBitsy SpiderS TM TP5X

Hattrick3518,

Looking at your driver LM data, You definitely need a stiffer shaft and might even want to try a steel shaft or a high kick heavier graphite shaft.

sigiwallner,

It looks like i need a deeper phone discussion if you really trying to narrow down your shaft pick and want to hear the whole thing about each shaft charracter. I don't think i can answer your question that simple.

alacey,

I need a LM data with the club you are trying to buy or fix to be able to tell what need to be fix.

magilla97,

I believe we hook up by email already! :wub:

Philfrance,

If you already contacted me from email, You should continue from email IMO. I can't keep monitoring this thread daily or else i won't be able to finish customer's club on time. :yess:

sconsetshow,

That is a very subjective question to answer IMO. I can only tell you that for me " It is critical "...due to the way i like to play them. As of your driver lm data, If you can change your angle of attack...you'll be golden. But of course i have no idea on what set up spec you are playing now.

Hey Joe,

Just signed up to the site a week ago and found this thread.... great stuff! Figured since I am making some changes to my woods I would see what you think.

-9.5* Callaway 454, Fujikura VP-70 s-flex, 45"

-I have a quicker swing but by no means fast. I maintain tempo well though.

-have never kept handicap, but typically shoot mid to high 70's, and my contact is pretty consistent... say about 8/10.

-I don't get any feedback from the club(driver), same with 4-wood. I tend to also hit them with a draw(which is my natural ball flight).

-The only thing I can remember is that I typically swing in the 100-110 range with my driver.

-More feedback from shaft, maybe a slightly higher ball flight.

-Yes, my irons are 2*up with a half inch extension to the shaft.

I have bought two Diamana Blueboard shafts, one 63 s-flex (for driver) and a 83 s-flex (for 4-wood).

I want more control with my woods so I am thinking of going about a half inch shorter. The best set-up I ever had on a driver was with a 44" shaft and I felt like I could hit any fairway. So i am thinking something like 44.5 on the driver and 42.5 or so on the 4-wood.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Joe Please Help,

I have a Cleveland Launcher Comp 460 w/ 757-X

Swing is fast from inside out, pretty shallow, with very quick hands at the ball and fight a hook, when I'm hitting a control driver, I hit it pretty straight, but if I go after it I hit it left.

3 handicap and play pretty often

I'm ordering a Callaway LCG w/ Ozik X-con 6

I've never been on a launch monitor but routinely hit it 290+ at 4000 ft. elevation and hit 5 iron 205

Does the Ozik play stiffer or weaker than 757? Should I stay with X? I like the feel and playability of the Fuji but am trying to hit it higher with less spin...ie Ozik and Cally.

I've been fit and play x-100's in macgregor 675's, 2 flat, std length.

I would love to hear some feedback on this.

Thank you very much.

This is the club head I will be purchasing, so feel free to comment on club head specs also.

Taylormade Burner TP 9.5*

Re-Ax 50stiff D6 swing weight

Tip Mid 3.4* 50g

Smooth

My hcp is 6 & dropping, my consistency would be 7-8 out of 10.

My ball launches high. balloons, lands, & bounces around a foot.

Swing Speed- Between 118 & 123mph.

Ball Speed - Between 166 & 175mph

Launch Angle- 14*-15* Avg.

Spin Rate - Between 3600rpm & 4200rpm.

I want to launch the ball lower with a more penetrating ball flight & gain distance.

My irons are 1* upright, if that helps.

Thank You

24/7Golf,

Try to get on a LM again with lower lofted club and w/ X flex with a Mid high kick point lower torque shaft and slightly heavier shaft.

The rest of you guys are impossible for me to answer:

1. Wrong question and the wrong thread to ask the questions.

2. Info are to limited.

3. Subjective questions are something i can't give comment as I never talk or seen your swing or play.

Joe

24/7Golf,

Try to get on a LM again with lower lofted club and w/ X flex with a Mid high kick point lower torque shaft and slightly heavier shaft.

Joe

Unfortunatly, they don't have anything in the store (Golf Town) that caters to my swing, x flex shaft & lower lofted driver. I pretty much have to buy a new driver blind, I think I will order my driver in 8.5* loft with a low launch, low spin x flex shaft, hopefully it will work out.

Thank You

Wesley

Hi Joe,

I'd like some input if you have a chance:

I currently have a HiBore XL driver, 9.5* with a Aldila 65 NVS S shaft. I selected a Stiff mainly because I wanted to reduce left to right 'spray' on my drives. I'm pretty sure that I do not have the swing speed for this shaft as I really need to hit the sweet spot on the driver to get it to preform correctly. FYI: Most of my errors with the club as been pulls with some draw spin. Enough to get me into the left rough, or whatevers on the left side...

Medium tempo.

Handicap is around 15. Swing consistency is probably around 6-7

Shaft may be too stiff for my swing.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, etc?)

I hit on the Golf Smith mat a few weeks ago and was just interested in my swing speed, so I did not remember or record the other parameters. I tried a HiBore XLS, 9.5*, Red Shaft R. Swing speed was averaging 97mph.

Better feel and accuracy when hitting a slight bit off of the sweet spot. (I'm not trying to hit 280yrds)

7. Have you had any dynamic club fitting before? Lie angle? No

I have some older fairway woods that I'm still using which are the Cleveland Quadpro with Grafalloy BiMatrix R shafts. I hit them well and they feel pretty good. Back to the driver shaft, I read good reviews for the Grafalloy Blue, but I know there are quite a few competing shafts that are just as good.

Thanks

answer: Sorry I can't answer your question without LM number with a DRIVER that you are trying to FIX or BUY.