2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

For you guys asking for a help in picking a shaft!

joey3108

re : Post #326

thanks so much Joe! so should i tip the comp NT 65 regular that i bought?

Answer: Driver: Stiffer and higher kick point shadt should do the trick.

Iron: S flex and might want to try a heavier static weight shaft for better control. Get dynamic fitting to make sure your lie angle are on the spot.

Get the right shaft spec for it! I wouldn't mess around with that one.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. What is the club existing set up? Wishon 550c iron heads

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? pretty smooth

3.What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? 7-8

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? i need good shafts for my iron heads

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? no but i have bben on an achiver hitting machine and my azimuth and swing path r usually pretty staright

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? i want good distance with control

7. Have you had any dynamic club fitting before? Lie angle? For RH players, What is your measurement Knuckle to floor and wrist to floor on your LH...Vice Versa for LH players? Shoes on! no

8. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? usually hit the bad ones of the toe

9. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? medium trajectory pretty nice boring flght pattern

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Colorado it ranges from wet-dry to anywhere in between

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 5-10 but am growing as i am only 15

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? mine looks a little like adam scott

13. How far do you hit your 5 iron on a perfect day ( carry distance )? 175 yards

14. etc. The more the better it become. Im looking for a good set of shafts for my new wishon iron heads, i will be using these heads my junior and senior year of highschool and am growing. i was looking into the project x hls in the 6.0 flex.

Hey Joe,

This is my first time posting.

I am a good iron player but struggle with the driver.With both accuracy and distance.

I have decent swing speed but i dont maximaize my ball speed.

My swing speed is 122 ball speed is 160.

I have recently been on two diferent launch monitors one was flight scope at the trade show and Track Man at home in West Palm Beach Florida.

The results were similar.

My ball flight is a slight fade or staright /occassional pull

When its windy my ball goes backwards

My spin was 4000

My angle of attack was -1 to 1

My tempo is quick

I put a good load on the shaft

I tend to wait for the shaft to flex in order to catch up.

I play from a shut club at the top.

I am 5ft 9 and have a stalky build

my handicap is a 5.

My current set up is a Taylor Made Tour Burner T/P with a Matrix Ozic F7m2 stout tip 44" (272)F

I recently cut it to 43" now it is (284)F

HELP!!!!!!

LLAMA

i figured the comp NT was along those lines without getting too stiff since i read up alot of it playing 1/2 flex stiffer than other shafts when tipped (current shaft CPM 236), mid kick (vs low), stiffer tip section.

would something along the lines of a stiff prolaunch red, GD aura red pro, whiteboard be what you were referring to?

appreciate it Joe!

re : Post #326

thanks so much Joe! so should i tip the comp NT 65 regular that i bought?

Answer: Driver: Stiffer and higher kick point shadt should do the trick.

Iron: S flex and might want to try a heavier static weight shaft for better control. Get dynamic fitting to make sure your lie angle are on the spot.

Get the right shaft spec for it! I wouldn't mess around with that one.

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )Clev Hi-Bore XLS Tour, 10.5*, Fuji Fit-on-M Red Stiff

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? I have a very fast tempo and believe I am a heavy loader. However, I am one of the few who can draw a 68* LW.

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? 8.3 USGA I am a good ball striker and all parts tee to green are fairly equal. I can go low if it comes together. Putting is my strongest, maybe 26 per round.

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Driver. Want to switch to the new D2. Love my current shaft in the Fuji but below numbers don't support OEM shaft.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! Sort of: Spent time two weeks ago hitting the new Tity D2 & D3. I like both drivers but prefer the D2 head. I hit both the 9.5/10.5* w/ the Made for Voodoo Stiff shaft. Launch w/ the 10.5 was 15.8* and 4000 rpm spin rate at 1* inside out path. No side spin numbers. The 9.5 was 16* launch w/ 3900 spin rate.

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? I was wondering whether I should replace the OEM shaft or order the Voodoo in the x-stiff (if this will lower both numbers). Which after-market shaft, Fuji or other brand, is similar to the Stock Fit-on-M Red in the Cleveland.

7. Have you had any dynamic club fitting before? Lie angle? For RH players, What is your measurement Knuckle to floor and wrist to floor on your LH...Vice Versa for LH players? Shoes on! I play either standard 38" 5 I @ 2 weak or 37 3/4 " at stand lie. I believe ny wrist ti floor is 33.5"

8. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? I will either push the ball right (not fade/slice) or I will hit a low duck hook.

9. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? About a 5 yd draw.

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Varies, mostly Bermuda. I live in Hilton Head

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. W/M, 43 yo, retired Marine, about 5'8"/180 lbs, very athletic. Short & stocking I guess.

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Honestly, Lee Trevino. I really attack the ball hard & fast. Some lateral movement and very quick hands. I guess 25 yrs of pro softball will do that.

13. How far do you hit your 5 iron on a perfect day ( carry distance )? 177 yds

14. etc. The more the better it become. I have a tendancy to go after the ball really hard. I may even raise up a little at impact. Ball striking is really solid if timing is right. My drives avg around 250-260 but can occassionally hit the long one. Ball flight is super high. I hit 5 Irons as high as people hit wedges. Drives and iron play is all carry. I have played the NV Green 65S in a 905R before and was also susceptible to the hooks. B/c I'm really fast, thoughabout switching to much heavier shafts but have never pulled the trigger. I can't afford really exotic shafts but thought there might be some more inexpensive options like Epic, UST Avix Core Red when looking at nomenclatures.

Thank you all if any advice is received. By the way, I have the 909H and 909F2 in the Voodoo stiff. The hybrid shaft is stout but my fairway does feel a little weak at impact. The Fit-on-M Red feels really stable to me though.

Semper Fi,

Kevin Strickroth

Ping G25 9.5 w/ Aldila Tour Green 75TS
Titleist 915f15* w/ Aldila Tour Blue 65S
Titleist 915h 18* w/ Aldila Tour Blue 8
Titleist 909h 24* w/ Voodoo 80S
Titleist 710 AP2s w/ PXI 6.0
Ping Karsten Zing (raw)

Kevin,

Can you go back to the store and get a numbers with 8.5*? I also need swing path and attack angle info.

Joe

Mr. Kwok:

Thank you for such a quick reply...I will do this on Saturday...oh great, maybe I can get the wife to tag along since its Valentines Day.

Ping G25 9.5 w/ Aldila Tour Green 75TS
Titleist 915f15* w/ Aldila Tour Blue 65S
Titleist 915h 18* w/ Aldila Tour Blue 8
Titleist 909h 24* w/ Voodoo 80S
Titleist 710 AP2s w/ PXI 6.0
Ping Karsten Zing (raw)

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )

Ping Rapture 9* Rombax 7Z08 73g Stiff standard length D3 45 3/4"

Cobra Pro 3W 15* GD Quattro Tech 76g X-Stiff D5 43"

2. What type of swinger are you? ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )

powerful tempo tends to be smooth back to quick loading up

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?

4.6 handicap, swing consistency is around 9

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?

I have a balooning trajectory into the coastal winds that loses 30 yards, but it will go long with wind or calm days 5-10mph wind. I catch it off the upswing in the center or 1/2" above. Do I need to move it back in my stance for wind, or switch to an x-stiff? I hit the driver of my inside heel

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, etc?) IMPORTANT!!!

I can easily get another 10mph more swing speed under control, but get tired/lazy on hole 14

SS-112-114

Ball Speed-166-170

Smash-1.48

Launch-16-18

Spin-1800-2200

Attack-3* inside to out

Face-1* open

Carry-294-303

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?

Maximize my game off the tee. Theoretically, I'm told that I'm there. I also use a R7 425 set for a low draw with the exact same shaft and get 14* w/2400 spin that carries 311. But misses are 20 yards right. Do I need an X-Stiff? My 3W is what I use into the wind and I get 255 yards or better. What do you suggest? BTW anyone that says their smash is at or above 1.50 is probably lying to you.

7. Have you had any dynamic club fitting before? Lie angle?

yes, standard length and lie, but I prefer having 2* up for irons because I'm inside and shallow. Left-handed 6'0" 36.5" wrist to floor 186# athlete in college sports (tennis and X-country)

Please help me if possible. Brad

Ai Smoke 💎💎💎 9*, Accra RPG 472 M5+ (D2.5) 16GF, 8GB 45"

ST-G Ti 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X, 43"

Apex UW 19* (bent to 20*, 1* flat), AV Raw White 85X, 41" or

X-Forged UT 2i (18*) CK PW 90TX

Callaway TCB 4-PW, Accra Tour 110i (TX)

MG3 50, Modus 125 Wedge

T24 54.08D, T20 60.06, Modus 125 Wedge

Toulon San Diego 34" Stability Tour, Callaway Tour X

They don't make a lower lofted Rapture. The new V2 Rapture actually spins more and launches a little higher. Are there any quality heads out there for a lefty that are available in lower lofts than 8.5*? The lower I launch anything the higher my spin gets. That's not going to get me more distance, but it may keep it on a tighter dispersion. The fitter I worked with says I could switch to an X-stiff in the same model Rombax, or something similar, to keep the spin down while lowering the launch into a more optimal window. Also, if I tip the shaft I have, will it lower the launch or just drop more spin?

Answer: Get your self on the LM again with the club you want to play with and somewhat the right loft, so this way you can work on a better shaft set up. I hate to get confuse with the numbers from a club you don't even want to stick by with.

MG3 50, Modus 125 Wedge

Hi

Trying to get a new driver but cant find anyone locally who can properly fit me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) existing driver is Srixon 401 looking at a new driver Ping G10 w TFC 129 Reg flex 10.5* swing weight and length as is off the shelf

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Smooth tempo light load

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? 8 Hcp consistent swing hit 75% of fairways on a tight course with either Driver,3W or 5W

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Spin numbers are too high - causing me lost yards not enough roll out

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST!

From a session at Golf Town (dont know brand of monitor) with the G10 w TFC Reg shaft

swing speed 95

launch angle 15*

spin 3900

ball speed 130

swing path - slight draw

attack angle not available

Tried out several other drivers and got similar results (TM Burner spin rate was highest at 4200, HiBore XLS with Fujikura Reg shaft with higher kickpoint was lowest at 3750 rpm)

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Less spin will hopefully give me a few more yards

7. Have you had any dynamic club fitting before? Lie angle? For RH players, What is your measurement Knuckle to floor and wrist to floor on your LH...Vice Versa for LH players? Shoes on!

Irons have been fitted (X20's 1* upright reg flex graphite)

35" wrist to floor 30" knuckle to floor

8. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? hooks are my usual problem (some pushes when lazy) hit the ball conistently in the middle of the clubface bad shots toward the heel

9. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? high flight with slight draw

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? average to firm Canadian prairies tight fairways

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. average to slight build 48years old 5'9" 175 pounds fit

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? dont know

13. How far do you hit your 5 iron on a perfect day ( carry distance )? 170 yards

14. etc. The more the better it become.

Answer: Obviously your spin rate high due to steep attack angle and a little to high on the loft. If I'm not wrong both of your driver set up longer than 45" too. Choke it down a bit and play around to see if you have a better ball flight and attack angle, also play around on your tee height to find your better attack angle. Put lead tape a bit if you feel to light on the swing weight by choking it down. Fix this first before you can really think about what shaft to play with.

Thanks - will give a try

Driver: Titleist  Tsi2
FW's: Callaway Rogue 4w
Hybrids: X2 Hot 3&4
Irons: Ping G410 Reg Graphite 5-UW
Wedges: Callaway MD3 56
Handicap 9
Putter: Zing2 BeCu among others

hi joe looking for some shaft advice

current driver: driver ping 10 10.5 stock tfc 129 d regular

tempo?loading: I have a med smooth tempo and load it medium

handicap 7 i hit about 11-12 fairways average

problem with existing hit it way to high with too much spin and am alway fearing a snap hook

prefered shot- med/high baby draw

LM #'s with stock tfc 129 d

ss- 94

ball speed 139

launch- 18.7

spin-3900

carry-205

total-206

swing path inside out slightly

angle of attack+4.7

would like to achieve lower launch and spin- about 14 launch and 3000 spin to increase distance

knuckle to floor 33.5

fitted for mp 62-1 degree flat dg sl s300

miss is a push-swing too hard or a snap hook- way too hard swing

ball flight when playing well- high draw less than 5 yds

course conditions- avg fairways sometimes dry in colorado

body build: 5'8" 125 lbs fit and still growing

pga tour swing I would like to say anthony kim

avg 5 iron carry 172

already have it

ss 93

ball speed-138

launch 15.0

spin 3530

carry 208

total 213

swing path slightly inside out

angle of attack +4.0

launch on this is closed but still not ideal and spin is still needing lowering

#1 fix your attack angle first and then you can look at the numbers again which most likely you need a higher kick point shaft with stiffer tip design to bring your launch and spin rate down some more to an ideal spot. A lot of time Ping 45.75" set up made you came steep to the ball due to late release from the top, this alone could help your attack angle automatically.

Good Luck!

I tried a few different lower lofted drivers from what's new on the market with different length/type shafts. The numbers were all very similar to the Rapture I have. Nothing went longer or straighter. So, I experimented with ball positions and video taped them. I hit the driver on the upswing with a long wide swing that gets just short of parallel. When I get the ball 2" closer to me and off my big toe it launches at 16* 2000-2100 rpm. The ball flies with more dispersion control and more distance (316 yards) as the club head droops to be level. The gear effect is maximized, I was told by my fitter. I've decided to get a stronger 13* three wood for into the wind off the tee with the same shaft/spec that I have. Who knew changing my ball position would be the tweak???

MG3 50, Modus 125 Wedge

I tried a few different lower lofted drivers from what's new on the market with different length/type shafts. The numbers were all very similar to the Rapture I have. Nothing went longer or straighter. So, I experimented with ball positions and video taped them. I hit the driver on the upswing with a long wide swing that gets just short of parallel. When I get the ball 2" closer to me and off my big toe it launches at 16* 2000-2100 rpm. The ball flies with more dispersion control and more distance (316 yards) as the club head droops to be level. The gear effect is maximized, I was told by my fitter. I've decided to get a stronger 13* three wood for into the wind off the tee with the same shaft/spec that I have. Who knew changing my ball position would be the tweak???

Good find!

What you might want to try also is a heavier shaft set up and shorter lenght for better control since distance is not an issue for you.

BTW, Did you ever try R7425 with the same similar spec shaft? This head should give you a better launch angle.

Joe

Hi Joe,

1. I am considering a shaft change on my Titleist 909F2 15.5 3W which comes with stock Titleist Diamana 75 g stiff.

2. I have a smooth tempo in my swing. Not sure if I am a heavy or light loader. I do have a swing with my 3W posted on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztgtx9ob-64

3. My handicap is about 16 and I would rate my striking ability as between 6-7.

4. I slice my 3W a lot, whereas my mishits are mostly hooks with my irons, I watched my swing at slow motion and the shaft bends like crazy.

5. I had one launch monitor session before, the only thing I remember is my ss for 6i is in the 90s and my driver close to 110.

6. I would like to re-shaft my 3W with a "real diamana" BB and hopefully I can cure my slice.

7. I had one fitting session before, can't remember my measurements but the club fitter said I have slightly shorter arms for my height (5"11) and can consider getting the shafts on my irons up to 1/2" longer. I decided to keep my standard length shafts and bend the club 2 degrees upright because I tend to make contact with the toe.

8. When I am not playing well, I tend to hit the ball closer to the heel, because I tend to start the swing with my arms/shoulder and straighten both arms at impact, and my spine angle become more upright to compensate the straightened arms. Almost all my mishits are hooks.

9. When I am playing well I tend to hit long, high and straight. I never draw or fade unless I do it intentionally.

10. I move around Idaho, California, and Vancouver Canada. The turf I play with are usually softer.

11. I am of average build, 5"11 and 180 lbs. Spine angle at set up is about 50-55 degrees. Please see my posted swing above.

12. Please see my swing posted above.

13. I carry my 5 iron about 190 yds.

14. I have a tendency to come over the top.

15. My driver is a 10.5 TM R425, 44 and 3/4" with Diamana BB S 63g. I usually hit it pretty well, carry it about 290 yds on a good day in summer. I have to TM burner hybrids, both stiff and 60 g. My general mishit tendency with irons (Mizuno mx25 dynalite gold sl stiff) are hooks and slices with driver and hybrids.

16. Please PM me with a quote as if you were to reshaft my 3w with "real" diamana bb.

already have it

ss 93

ball speed-138

launch 15.0

spin 3530

carry 208

total 213

angle of attack +4.0

#1 fix your attack angle first and then you can look at the numbers again which most likely you need a higher kick point shaft with stiffer tip design to bring your launch and spin rate down some more to an ideal spot. A lot of time Ping 45.75" set up made you came steep to the ball due to late release from the top, this alone could help your attack angle automatically.

Good Luck!

thanks for the help, i moved the ball back a little and that brought the launch down but not spin, will be buying a ust axiv black or red soon to bring launch and lower spin any suggestions on which one, hit the blue and liked the feel but spun to much. may do a red regular.thanks again and hope its not to annoying having to deal with people like me.

Hi Joe,

1. I am considering a shaft change on my Titleist 909F2 15.5 3W which comes with stock Titleist Diamana 75 g stiff.

2. I have a smooth tempo in my swing. Not sure if I am a heavy or light loader. I do have a swing with my 3W posted on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztgtx9ob-64

4. I slice my 3W a lot, whereas my mishits are mostly hooks with my irons, I watched my swing at slow motion and the shaft bends like crazy.

5. I had one launch monitor session before, the only thing I remember is my ss for 6i is in the 90s and my driver close to 110.

6. I would like to re-shaft my 3W with a "real diamana" BB and hopefully I can cure my slice.

7. I had one fitting session before, can't remember my measurements but the club fitter said I have slightly shorter arms for my height (5"11) and can consider getting the shafts on my irons up to 1/2" longer. I decided to keep my standard length shafts and bend the club 2 degrees upright because I tend to make contact with the toe.

8. When I am not playing well, I tend to hit the ball closer to the heel, because I tend to start the swing with my arms/shoulder and straighten both arms at impact, and my spine angle become more upright to compensate the straightened arms. Almost all my mishits are hooks.

9. When I am playing well I tend to hit long, high and straight. I never draw or fade unless I do it intentionally.

10. I move around Idaho, California, and Vancouver Canada. The turf I play with are usually softer.

11. I am of average build, 5"11 and 180 lbs. Spine angle at set up is about 50-55 degrees. Please see my posted swing above.

15. My driver is a 10.5 TM R425, 44 and 3/4" with Diamana BB S 63g. I usually hit it pretty well, carry it about 290 yds on a good day in summer. I have to TM burner hybrids, both stiff and 60 g. My general mishit tendency with irons (Mizuno mx25 dynalite gold sl stiff) are hooks and slices with driver and hybrids.

16. Please PM me with a quote as if you were to reshaft my 3w with "real" diamana bb.

If you are seriously to get fitted and want it to rework your 3 wood, It's better if you email me to [email protected]. But what i can tell you for now is to make sure you have a good instructor close to you to build your swing to a more controllable stage to match it with your potential. Don't over kill yourself and forget to build your foundation.

Joe

already have it

ss 93

ball speed-138

launch 15.0

spin 3530

carry 208

total 213

angle of attack +4.0

Good Luck!

thanks for the help, i moved the ball back a little and that brought the launch down but not spin, will be buying a ust axiv black or red soon to bring launch and lower spin any suggestions on which one, hit the blue and liked the feel but spun to much. may do a red regular.thanks again and hope its not to annoying having to deal with people like me.

RED, but I don't think is that simple here. It's not gonna be easy for me to say what exact shaft as I want to keep my self as neutral as possible on this board.

Hi Joe,

If you are seriously to get fitted and want it to rework your 3 wood, It's better if you email me to [email protected]. But what i can tell you for now is to make sure you have a good instructor close to you to build your swing to a more controllable stage to match it with your potential. Don't over kill yourself and forget to build your foundation.

Joe

Thanks Joe, I am working on my swing with my coach on a weekly basis. I will email you once I get more comfortable with my swing.

already have it

ss 93

ball speed-138

launch 15.0

spin 3530

carry 208

total 213

angle of attack +4.0

Good Luck!

RED, but I don't think is that simple here. It's not gonna be easy for me to say what exact shaft as I want to keep my self as neutral as possible on this board.

but they don't make a red regular, so i am looking to find a nice low launch pull of ebay.

Hi, guys. 1st post after having been stalking the site for quite awhile, and am looking for some help picking out a new driver shaft.

1. My current driver is a TM R7 425TP w/ the stock Rombax 75g TP shaft in stiff @ 44"

2. I would consider my self a smooth swinger w/ a slight pause at the top ( at least in my head lol) and a medium shaft loader.

3. Handicap is about 15 right now, and would say my ball striking is about a 6 w/ my woods and an 8 w/ my irons.

4. My current setup is too strong for me and spins way too much.

5. I had the launch monitor fitting at a local golf galaxy about a week ago, dont know the brand but I think it was a vector.

SS-89

ball speed- 125.2

launch angle - 18.9

spin rate- 4002

carry- 207.3

total distance - 224.1

PTR- 141

swing path is slightly in to out

attack angle was between -0.5 and 2 ( not very consistent)

6. I'd like my new setup to spin less and launch lower as well as have a shaft that helps me out a little more.

7. I have not had a dynamic club fitting. My LH knuckles to the floor is 28.5"

8. When I'm not playing good the ball tends to be a push to the right w/ my woods and a very low traj. w/ my irons. My really bad misses on woods is low and left on the club face.

9. When I'm playing good I like the ball to go straight to about a 2 yard draw w/ a mid ball flight on the woods.

10. I play in MD and southern PA and see the full spectrum of weather and conditions while I'm playing all year round.

11. My body is short and athletic @ 5'3".

12. I don't think that my swing looks like anyone's on tour because of my height, but when I have to change things I picture Tiger's swing in my head.

13. Carry distance on a 5 iron is about 180

As for some extra things about my swing. I have noticed that I'm swinging slower and easier than ever before as a way to gain more control, but plan to get things back in order as the spring nears and figure to be around 95 mph for the season.

I also like the feel of the shaft that's in there now, but know that its too stiff for me. I was thinking of getting the rombax Z 5Z08 in regular. I also do not see myself playing anything over 44.5". Thanks for your help and I think its great the way you help out all of us "regular" guys.

I would also like to know you opinion on a good shaft for a hybrid for my 17* 909H. I have one coming with the Titleist Voodoo Stiff. I have a 20* Cobra Baffler DWS 08 Edition with the Aldila VS Proto HL which is about 65g that I have to swing real easy to get the perfect trajectory. Haven't hit one bad shot with it yet, though. I also had the Callaway X 18* & 24* with the stock 80g mid kick stiff shaft, but they kind of ballooned for me. I switched to a VS proto stiff for the 24*, and it was too soft and high. I switched to a UST V2 76g X for the 18*, and it was lower but too boardy.

But I just switched to X100s for my irons (AP2) as the PX 5.5 weren't flying low and long for me as the X100's do. I gained about 12-15 yards with my 6 iron which I can comfortably hit 185 with a 3/4 swing or 195 with a full swing. I want to be able to hit the 17* on the longer par 3s and par 5 approaches below the tree line to keep the wind away from it, but have it drop soft and hold the green. I'm in Jacksonville, FL, coastal winds are a constant nightmare when you play 11 stimp greens and have to keep it low to control the distance. Will this shaft (Voodoo) be too hard for me to get in the air, or launch too high? I have looked at the Rombax 8D07HB, Matrix Altus and Speeder 904HB. Can you tell me what shaft, weight, flex and tipping info will be a good starting point? Or, should I stick with the Voodoo? Most of my stuff is heading towards D4 swingweight with the irons and wedges if that helps.

MG3 50, Modus 125 Wedge

Hi, guys. 1st post after having been stalking the site for quite awhile, and am looking for some help picking out a new driver shaft.

1. My current driver is a TM R7 425TP w/ the stock Rombax 75g TP shaft in stiff @ 44"

2. I would consider my self a smooth swinger w/ a slight pause at the top ( at least in my head lol) and a medium shaft loader.

3. Handicap is about 15 right now, and would say my ball striking is about a 6 w/ my woods and an 8 w/ my irons.

4. My current setup is too strong for me and spins way too much.

5. I had the launch monitor fitting at a local golf galaxy about a week ago, dont know the brand but I think it was a vector.

SS-89

ball speed- 125.2

launch angle - 18.9

spin rate- 4002

carry- 207.3

total distance - 224.1

PTR- 141

swing path is slightly in to out

attack angle was between -0.5 and 2 ( not very consistent)

6. I'd like my new setup to spin less and launch lower as well as have a shaft that helps me out a little more.

7. I have not had a dynamic club fitting. My LH knuckles to the floor is 28.5"

8. When I'm not playing good the ball tends to be a push to the right w/ my woods and a very low traj. w/ my irons. My really bad misses on woods is low and left on the club face.

9. When I'm playing good I like the ball to go straight to about a 2 yard draw w/ a mid ball flight on the woods.

10. I play in MD and southern PA and see the full spectrum of weather and conditions while I'm playing all year round.

11. My body is short and athletic @ 5'3".

12. I don't think that my swing looks like anyone's on tour because of my height, but when I have to change things I picture Tiger's swing in my head.

13. Carry distance on a 5 iron is about 180

As for some extra things about my swing. I have noticed that I'm swinging slower and easier than ever before as a way to gain more control, but plan to get things back in order as the spring nears and figure to be around 95 mph for the season.

I also like the feel of the shaft that's in there now, but know that its too stiff for me. I was thinking of getting the rombax Z 5Z08 in regular. I also do not see myself playing anything over 44.5". Thanks for your help and I think its great the way you help out all of us "regular" guys.

Go back to the LM machine and get me complete numbers with lower lofted club!

THX!

joe

Sorry Joe I seemed to have forgot to say that my current driver is a 9.5*. It's hard to find drivers in the 8* range at the store that is a regular flex, and nearly impossible to find shortened drivers. Any more advise would be greatly appreciated.

Shaft alone will not gonna solve your problem from 18-19 degree LA. Impossible shaft alone bring it down to a 14* or so which IMO it's got to do with your swing of course, but I won't touch your swing at this time by looking at the numbers. I'm 99.9% sure you need a lower lofted. Special order one with the cheapest stock shaft with anything mid-midhigh kick point and weight that you prefer, that should definitely get you a better numbers for sure. R flex should be fine for your smooth swinger.