For you guys asking for a help in picking a shaft!

joey3108

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How often you play in a month?
I play about 16 rounds a month.

How often you practice in a month?
8 times.

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )
[b]R7 425 TP 9.5*, Mitsu. Blueboard 73 g X flex no tipping, 44.5", D-5[/b]

2. 2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?
[b]I have a moderate tempo, and create lots of load through lag.[/b]

3. 3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?
[b]Handicap is currently 0, swing is about a 8, striking ability about a 8.[/b]

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?
[b]Not much, just wondering if this is as good as I am gonna get dialed.[/b]

5. 5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)

[indent][b]Bridgestone LM

[/indent][list]
[*]Swing Speed: Avg 118 ( 116-122)
[*]Launch Angle: 9.3 ( 8.6-9.8)
[*][/b][b]Ball Speed: 168 (165-172)[/b]
[*][b]Spin Rate: 2,255 (2,000-2455)[/b]
[*][b]Swing Path: DTL[/b]
[*][b]Sidespin: no more than 400 either way[/b]
[*][b]Distance: Carry 28?, total 30?[/b]
[/list]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?
[b]Looking to build a R9, wondering if any change in loft, or shaft would help( i.e 10.5 with an 83g shaft?)[/b]

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b]A block, missed shots on the face are equal between toe and heel.
[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Normally hit a slight draw, 5-10 yards with a medium ball flight. [b]Slightly higher ball ( which for me would probobly be everyone elses medium height ball) that tips over to the left on the way down( 2-3 yards).
[/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?
[b]I live in the high desert, with alot of wind 10-30 is pretty common. I think this is why my launch has come down so much this year ( used to be in the 11-13 range, adjustment to windy conditions?)
[/b]

10. Body build and postures? height? etc.
[b]6'0" 180[/b]

What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.
[b]I wear a Cadet Medium large.[/b]

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?
[b]Grant Waite? [/b]

13. etc. The more the better it become.
I really like this setup, I hit alot of fairways with this club, and its great in the wind with its lower spin rate
Is the R9 a simillar preforming head? Should I expect to get similar preformance with the same shaft? Or am I insane, and this is the best I am gonna get out of any driver.

Thanks,
John

Answer: Tough call here because 425 is always known to hit the ball lower compare to R9. Are you stuck with R9 or TM products only?
I wanna say 10.5* with 73-83 white board. But you might want to find open face for lower loft. Basically I want you to stay around 11* ish on the LA. I can say much on what head to play/try unless we have a discussion about all this on the phone at least.

[quote name='meagent' post='1980497' date='Sep 30 2009, 03:30 PM']Hi Joe! Would appreciate your help in picking out a new driver head/shaft combo. I am going to Golfsmith on Friday to hit a bunch and get some LM numbers and can post that info afterwards.

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )

My current driver is a "knock-off" of the G10 made by GigaGolf, the P2. It's 10.5d, Harmon Tour CB65 shaft, stiff flex cut to 44"

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?

I would say I am somewhere in between. Was a very quick tempo swinger but very wild and have smoothened it out to somewhere in the middle. If I am on, I am on the smoother side. I am not sure about loading factor (i.e., what it means) [color="#ff0000"]In the last month, have moved back to a bit of a quicker swinger.[/color]

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?

Handicap is a 17.6 down from a 34 at the beginning of the year. Been playing abotu 4 years and finally decided to put in some effort and play once a week. Dramatic improvement. My swing is probably in the 6-7ish range, mostly the same but some extremes in both directions every round.

The driver above is short, high and right. I cannot hit it straight and it is shorter than my 5-wood (G5 "knock-off", proforce gold 75, x-stiff, 42" 18d)

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM?

[color="#ff0000"]Golfsmith LM session was interesting...when I really tried to be smooth, I was swinging in the 95mph range but if I amped it up, was in the 105-108 range. Was coming in with a very steep angle of attack and had a massive launch angle on some of them (like 30deg), but was able to get that down into the mid-high teens, obviously still not ideal. This was with I believe 10-12deg and Reg-Stiff shafts in a Hibore XLS and a Ping G15. Also, as one an imagine with that angle of attack, major backspin. [/color]

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?

Straighten it out and more distance. 5-wood can push up to 245 if I nail it, 220-230 on average (measured with GPS) I have hit that driver ONCE over 250, usually it is <220 and many times so high it comes down <200.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?

For the first 3 years, always a slice. That is now rare but does happen. I hit a slight fade normally and when off it becomes a pull. Not sure about face...

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?

I would say it is medium. Not really low and not really high.

In NC, play mostly on the local muni course which is OK, but as I get better plan to play some of the nicer, longer publics.

Athletic build, 5'11", 180lbs.

11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.

M/L

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?

I would love it to be like Ernie Els, I like the idea of swinging smoothly and under control and still getting great distance. I have a tendency to Anthony Kim it though..without nearly as good results. :)

The only info I can add is that I do not hit my 3-wood very consistently. The 3, 5 and 7 woods are all the Ping G5 knock-offs with X-stiff Proforce Gold 75. 3-wood is 43", 15d, 5-wood is 42", 18d and 7-wood is 41", 21d. The 7w and 5w are pretty consistent, 5w generally 220-230, 245+ on a good one and the 7w is slightly less, maybe 210-225 and 235+ on a great one. The 3-wood is rarely longer than the 5-wood and if I really go after it, it is very high and a banana slice. I have been thinking of moving to a Driver/4w combo. I also recently hit a friend's brand new Cobra L5V with the stock Diamana in R flex and it was no longer than my 5-wood either and had a slicey pattern and quite high.

[color="#ff0000"]Two further outings, one where I hit the Cobra L5V (10.5deg, reg shaft) and another with a stock 2007 Burner, 9.5deg with stiff shaft. The L5V tended to get high and could get right but I hit several out 250+ and one to 295 (all measured with GPS). This past weekend, I hit the 2007 Burner several times and all were 250+ but if I tried to swing more smoothly, it went way right more than 50% of the time. If I tried to crush it, it was up 270+, one to 300, and with a slight fade. It was still pretty high but with a more penetrating flight. I also noticed that wtih my 5 wood (proforce gold 75, X-stiff) if I try to smoothen out, I hit a longish pull, but if I go after it, it's a bit right but very long.[/color]

Thanks very much I really appreciate the help and what you do for everyone on this board. I don't post often but lurk alot :)

Answer: Need LM data please![/quote]

I have added some general LM data as well as a couple of recent experiences with playing partners' drivers.

Answer: I would go try to find the right LM session, Something is not right here to be honest. And your answer on my questionnaire is scrambling around that gets me confuse. Sorry!

Ok, so I'm back, once again looking for a shaft for the XCG. And yes, I realize that choosing a different club would perhaps solve the problem, but the feel of this thing is AMAZING, and anyways I dont have the cash to buy a new club, or the ability to test options.

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle?

n/a

2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please!

Tour Edge Exotics XCG hybrid. 18*. Stock shaft, regular flex.

3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?

Numbers:
Average Distance: 162 yds
Average Carry: 137 yds
Ball Speed: 97 mph
Swing Speed: machine is messed up, does not measure SS.
Vertical Launch: 12.8*
Backspin: 2855 rpm
Maximum Height: 13 yds

Don't remember the brand of machine... It wasn't a major brand though, definitely not Trackman or Flightscope.*

4. How do you hit them so far?

I've had this club since July, and it is incredible. I can work it well, it feels better than any hybrid I've hit, and the only hybrid that might knock it out of the bag is the new XCG3, once I get around to finding one to hit.

5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?

Low, low ball flight. Losing a lot of potential carry here, IMO.

6. What do you like to see on your ball flight?

More height, hopefully meaning more carry, hopefully meaning more distance.

7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?

With most of my clubs its a mid trajectory, usually a fade if anything. In spite of my high handicap, though, I am decent at working the ball with most of my clubs.

8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where?

It can very. Sometimes I'm snap hooking it, sometimes I constantly block it right. I tend to hit it on the heel, at least with my shorter clubs. Haven't put impact tape on in a while.

9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?

Probably low or mid.

10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )?

Probably about 135. Do not know carry or SS.

11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players

27"

12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players

31"

13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.

Cadet Small.

14. How tall are you?

5'3"

15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker?

Shallow.

16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?

I have a pretty flat swing, so I guess AK.

17. What is your handicap index? From?

25-26, I have not checked in a while.

18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing?

Smooth-medium. I'm guessing I have little to no load factor, considering a solid driver hit goes barely 200 yds.

Based on this info, would a KBS Tour Regular flex hybrid shaft be a good potential fit for me? The iron shafts in the Adams Pro Black MB's were going very high for me when I demoed them.

*Do you know of any good clubfitters in the Seattle area who have a trackman or some other good LM?

Answer: I would try a 5 Wood instead if you think you need height and distance.

I also, did the same thing. i been going through so many driver this year looking for more distance and all its been doing is messing up my swing.i was a 9 handicapp, now probaly a 16. beginning of the year i had

1) taylormade tour burner with stock shaft in stiff- terrible distance
2) put in graffaloy blue shaft- still horrible
3) taylormade r7 limited with matrix -ozik 5.5- stiff flex, felt the shaft was too flexible,
the matrix 5.5 was something matrix and taylormade came up with together. the head even look like it had some offset in it.
4) r7 425 quad with stock shaft, i extend it 2.5 inches. shaft boke at the tip last month

final project for the year
5) ordered a r7 460 tp on ebay. came with a pretty decent stock tp shaft. went out to the driving range and hit a bucket a ball with it. it was okay, kind of windy that day, so i couldn't tell if i gained any distances.
i ordererd a ust proforce v2 shaft also on ebay with a .350 tip
the head on the r7 460 tp head has .335 hosel.
so i took it to golf shop to and the sanded the shaft and fit that shaft into that head.
looks goods. the guy at the golf shop felt pretty good about it too. he done it before and he doubts anything would happen. took it to the range and you know what, getting about the same distance.lol, i don't what else to do.
i'm 5'10" and about 165 lbs.
been playing 5 years and in the low 80's.
i drive the ball about 5 yards longer than my 3 wood
about 245 yards. please help how can i gain more yardage

Answer: You might wanna go back to the first post and read the whole thing before you came back and repost. THX!

Hi Joe,
Here are some specs. I appreciate your help on picking a shaft/driver.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? - [b]About once every 2 months[/b]
How often you practice in a month? - [b]About 3 times[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]8/10 [/b]

Driver fitting questionnaire:

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) - [b]983 K, 9.5*, Graphalloy Pro Lite, S, standard loft, lie, length, swing weight [/b]

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? - [b]Smooth, light load on transition[/b]

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? Where is your striking ability? - [b]Between 7 and 9, pretty consistent[/b]

4. What is the problem w/ the existing set up? - [b]Seem to have quite a bit of excess spin (high ball flight), also tend to spray the ball left or right.[/b]

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST!
[b]Vector Pro – Here are the averages for the session: - Carry – 256.0, Roll – 11.4, Offline – 11.4, Ball speed – 148.9, Launch angle – 18.2, Desc. Angle - -45.4, Back Spin – 3729, Side Spin – 115, Side Angle – 3.2, Club Speed – 103.4 – No angle of attack given… Smash factor – 1.4[/b]

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]Reduce the back spin, narrow the dispersion of the ball flight.[/b]

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? - [b]Usually hit the center of the clubface (mostly), misses tend to be block/fade or pull/draw[/b]

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b]High, straight[/b]

9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? - [b]All conditions, play all year. Currently in Alabama[/b]

10. Body build and postures? height? etc. – [b]6’, 210, tall upper body, long arms, shorter legs[/b].

11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. – [b]Between large and extra large.[/b]

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [b]Umm, Davis Love, I guess, he has a similar build.[/b]

13. etc. [b]The more the better it become. Have trouble with longer length clubs, ie, driver 3 wood. Once I get past 43’’ or so, I feel as if my dispersion pattern really jumps up. Often play an older Taylor Made rescue club 16* instead of a 3 wood, just to cut down on the where is that going shot. Driver never seems to have any feel, might be because it is so light.[/b]

[b]Thanks!
Joe[/b]
Answer: Please go to the retail store that has a good LM and get the number out of a club you like with 8.5* to a 9.5* and give me the detail numbers out of a club that give you around 13* average, favor the lower side to around 12 at worst. Make sure you have all the specs on the club you hit.

I just need a quick tip regarding some driver shafts. Currently playing Diamana whiteboard 73 stiff..
Swing speed: about 109-117mph
Launch: Pretty high about 3200-3800

Looking for lower spin and a more penetrating ball flight , lower launch perhaps.. which shaft of theese 3 would u recommend for me..

Motore F1
Fubuki 73 or 83
Matrix HD6

Thansk alot

Answer: Shafts on your list will not gonna help compare to the white board you have. Without LM numbers i can't tell you shaft or shaft and loft need to be change. For sure you should try X flex.

First serious year of golf, 5'10" 185. Handicap around 19. Usually in the 90s.

Golfing 8 to 10 times per month and practice about once per week.
Constistency of swing: 6 of 10.

Speed tempo is medium, if i struggle with tempo either hook or push/slice
Looking to try to find more fairways. Got 3 lessons in last year, plan on getting 3 lessons this winter. Live in the Midwest and try to play year round.

Current Taylormade R9 460 9.5 Stiff stock shaft in the NU position
Taken on zelocity at Golf Galaxy
Club speed: 92.7 avg
Ball speed: 135.5
Launch Ang.: 15.9
Ball spin: 3234
Carry: 220.6
Total: 238.9

Looking at getting shafts for R9 460 or buying a Cobra ZL or Callaway FT-9 10.5 drivers.
Was thinking about Aldila Voodoo or RIP in stiff, or Mit. Diamana Blue stiff.

ANSWER: High kick is a must here. Get a dynamic fitting to find your best lenght to increase your tempo consistency.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Ok these results are from my 909 d2 9.5 driver with the stock blueboard in stiff

Clubhead speed: 117 mph
Ball speed: 161 mph
Spin: 3665 rpm
Launch angel: 13*
Carry distance: 260 yards

I was then fitted for a Matrix Code 7 265 cpm tipped 1'
Results:

Clubhead speed: 117 mph
Ball speed: 161 mph
Spin: 2965 rpm
Launch angel: 13*
Carry distance: 280 yards

My ball flight, though has been extremely high?
What other Matrix shafts would you recommend for me...

Other info...
How often you play in a month? - About 20 times
How often you practice in a month? - Same
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 9.5/10

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) - Stated above with standard L/L/L and SW
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? - Definitely a swinger, smooth, and load the club hard, heavy

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? Where is your striking ability? - 1.4 , 9ish

4. What is the problem w/ the existing set up? - high ball flight, and loosing distance due to inadequate roll
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST!
Vector Pro – Here are the averages for the session: - Carry – 280.0, Roll – 9.4, Ball speed – 161.3, Launch angle – 13.2, Back Spin – 3969, Club Speed – 117 average, 121 upper range 114 lower range

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Lower trajectory of ball flight while still maintaining good accuracy and distance.
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? - Usually hit the center of the clubface (mostly), misses tend to be block or a hard hook

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? I want a mid launching ball flight, straight

9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? - All conditions, play all year. Currently in NJ, but am competitive junior golfer who travels throughout the year

10. Body build and postures? height? etc. – 5' 10, 150, tall upper body, long arms, average legs. Skinny and lanky

11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. – Cadet medium or medium

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Rory Mcilroy

ANSWER: X flex Tip stiff High kick shaft, or even a tipped X flex if you have a heavy load on your down swing.

Hey Joe,

I currently have a 9.5* Taylormade 2008 Tour Burner TP with a Matrix X-Con 7 x flex shaft. It came with the Mitsubishi Diamana 65 x flex shaft that felt too light and my ball dispersion was all over the grid. With teh Matrix X-Con 7 my dispersion is very consistent but my ball flight is very high. I am looking for a shaft that will give me a lower, more penetrating ball flight. I currently hit the ball 290 on an avg. but I am getting little roll.

Swingweight is D3. i like a more penetrating ball flight. i play 5-6 times a month and practice approx. 8-10 times/ mo. My swing is consistent an 8 (on a scale of 1-10). I am a good, consistent striker. i live in Sacramento, CA.

I am left handed with a steep swing plane. I have a fast tempo and load very heavy. My driver swing speed is approx. 110mph. I am 42 yrs old, 6' 1" 215lbs. and athletically built. I played college football and track. My handicap index is a 7.

Thanks Joe. I look forward to your answers and opinions.

ANSWER: I can't tell loft or shaft without LM DATA.

Titleist TSi3, 9.0*/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 75 x stiff;
Titleist TSi2 13.5*/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV Black 85 x stiff;
Titleist U505 3 iron/ PX Hzrdus RDX Smoke 90 x stiff:
Cobra Forged Tec 4- PW/ KBS C Taper 120 stiff/ hard stepped once;
Vokey SM9 50*F/TKBS C Taper 120 x stiff;
Vokey SM8 54*D/ TT DG s200;
Vokey Custom Grind 58*T/ TT DG Tour Issue s400;
Scotty Cameron Monterey 35"; Titleist Pro Pro V1

Ok Joe here is my information. I am also looking for a complete new driver and not just a shaft but knowing what type of shaft to look for would help as well. I am thinking of the R9 460, adams A4 9015d, Cobra Zero Limits, ping i15 and Titleist 909 Driver D2 or D3.

[b]General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month?[/b]
At least 4 times a month and usually more like 6.
[b]How often you practice in a month?[/b]
Once a week for an hour or two depending on my time constrants
[b]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.

[/b]My consistency is ok I would say 7/10
[b]

[/b]
Cleveland Launcher 460 9.5 loft, stiff flex Fujikura Launcher shaft gold, no clue. I tried to look up the stock swingweight but I could not find it. I think it is a little light for my liking though, 45 inches long [b]

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?

[/b]I am a quick tempo swinger that fights to try and stay smooth. I would prefer to be able to go after a tee shot[b]

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?

[/b]I am currently a 14 handicap and on my way down. I would say my striking is about a 7/10[b]

[/b]If I do not stay completely smooth I tend to hook this driver badly. [b]

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [/b][b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST!
[/b][color="#000000"]
The only measurement that i have gotten is my swing speed and it was measured at 105 for a smooth swing and 110-112 for a go after it swing.[/color][b]

[/b]I want more consistency. I have plenty of distance and hit the ball anywhere from 280-300 yards. I simply want to hit more fairways and I will do what i have to to get there.[b]

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?

[/b]My miss hits are usually when I get to quick and hook the ball badly. If I am really off I tend to hit the ball on the bottom of the club but those usually go straight but not as long.[b]

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?

[/b]straight straight and more straight. I am good with a baby draw but I really just like the ball to go right where I am aiming.[b]

[/b]I live in Mississippi and play in Mississippi and Louisana. The conditions are usually very hot and humid and there will be places that are as hard as a rock and places that are very very soft.[b]

[/b]I am 6 foot tall. I think I probably have a standard or average posture. I am a big guy at 270 lbs with a gut.[b]

[/b]I wear an XL in footjoy and an XXL in titleist[b]

[/b]
I have no clue. I guess Phil Mickelson since we are lefties and go after the ball pretty hard.[b]

ANSWER: Sorry I can't help without LM DATA. I can't tell loft or shaft or both are the problem.

[/b]

Joe,

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 2 times
How often you practice in a month? 2 times
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 7.5

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) Titleist 905S, 10.5 degree, stiff shaft, 76 gram, standard length, torque 2.2, butt stiffness 7.0, tip stiffness 28. Club tested - Ping G15, 9 degree (digitally measured by Ping at 10.05 degrees) stiff TFC 149D shaft, standard 45 3/4" length, 5.3 torque, 60 gram.
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? smooth swinger
Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Seem to load about 4 out of 10. I begin to cast the club slightly earlier than typical per Mizuno Shaft Optimizer.
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? 10.4 handicap, swing is 7.5 out of 10, striking ability is pretty consistent - weakness is short game.
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Not enough distance or forgiveness. Ball flight too high causing the ball to balloon.
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! Trackman from Ping fitting - my driver - swing speed 98, ball speed 136, launch 14.2, back spin 3960, carry 224, total 234. Ping G15 - swing speed 100, ball speed 140, launch 13.0, spin 2680, carry 227, total 244. Range balls were used for this fitting.
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? more optimal distance and dispersion.
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? When not playing well I have a push fade or pull left. No hook. I tend to miss shots up or down on the face more than side to side.
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? No preference as long as it achieves the maximum distance and dispersion.
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Play public courses in Los Angeles County. Soft conditions during the winter. During summer there are soft spots and firm spots in the fairway.
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. 5'9", 150 pounds, small frame, posture is pretty normal, 49 years old.
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. Was fitted into Ping Aqua grip (-1/64"). Glove size is small though I don't use one.
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Not sure.

I was fit into a Ping G15 9 degree (10.05 degrees dititally measured by Ping) stiff TFC 149D shaft at a Ping demo day. They did not give me any additional numbers or statistics except what is included here. These numbers are very good compared to most drivers I have tested. I have tested this setup twice with good results, though the spin on a previous demo was closer to 2900 and with my current Titleist driver slightly above 4000. My question is would I benefit at all from having a slightly lower or higher launch angle or is this Ping G15 near optimal for me and my swing speed. I tend to hit a very high ball with lots of spin (4000 plus) with most drivers tested as I have been told that I slightly lean back at impact. I have a 10.4 handicap and a smooth tempo and transitition. I will probably not have time to change my swing. When I miss the fairway it tends to be a push/fade right or a pull left. No hook. I am going to pay $8.50 to have Ping digitally loft the driver I order at 10 degrees (as tested) unless you feel that that loft could be a little better higher or lower (they will take orders at the tenth of a degree). If you feel I need something a little lower or higher than standard based on what you see here please let me know. I know you could use more infomation, but this is all I have. I tend to come down fairly steep to the ball. I tend to release gradually as the Mizuno shaft optimizer gave me a 4 for this category. Any guidance you can give me as to what I should order and/or if there would be a better head or shaft for me is much appreciated!!! I did like the feel of the G15, though.

FYI, Ping told me that Ping the G15 driver loft digitally measures between 9 and 11 degrees with the majority measuring out at very close to 10 degrees. The tolerance looks like a bell curve with 10 degrees being in the middle of that curve.

Last thing, based on the above do you have any reasonably priced fairway wood shafts you would recommend? I am looking to reshaft a Callaway X 3 wood that has a broken shaft.

Mike

Answer: The numbers tell me that it's your swing are to steep on the attack angle to the ball that cause the balloon ball. I would take more lesson to fix that problem first before fixing the club.

[b]How often you play in a month?[/b]
almost everyday in the summer not at all in the winter
[b]How often you practice in a month?[/b]
everyday in the summer and days a week in the winter
[b]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )?[/b]

[b]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )[/b]
FT-9 draw 9 degree graphite degign ys Q tour ad stiff 55grams stock length, swing weight, and swing weight
[b]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?[/b]
i have a pretty smooth tempo i load alot and get lots of lag
[b]3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?[/b]
9 my swing is a 8 and i get good distance
[b]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[/b]
i feel that my shaft is too weak and have a very wide dispersion on good hits
[b]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [/b]
[color="#000000"]had one last year with clubhead speed at 101 but have gotten stronger and changed my swing from then[/color]
[b]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[/b]
i would like to have a tighter dispersion on good hits and i am willing to give up distance
7.[b] What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[/b]
i will mis on the heel and sometimes get a high fade
[b]8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?[/b]
i hit a nice 5 yard draw on perfect drives that is very high
[b]9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[/b]
i play in normal conditions for the midwest sometimes a little wet
[b]10. Body build and postures? height? etc.[/b]
6 feet 1 175 with normal posture
11. What is your glove size?
medium
[b]12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?[/b]
Phil

Answer: We need the latest LM data to be able to tell.

Hey Joe, Just curious to see if your still giving advice for shafts or not so heres my info

thanks for any advice, Randy

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? almost everyday in the summer, limited in the winter
How often you practice in a month? 4 times a week
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 8-9

1. Cleveland Hibore XLS 10.5 UST Proforce V2 44'' 65g stiff
2. Quick tempo ... moderate loader
3. RCGA -- 2.2 8-9 consistent .... Good ball striker
4. Way to much Spin!!!
5. Swing Speed --- 108--112 Ball Speed -- 145-150 Spin Rate--- 4300-4500 launch angle --- 10-11 Carry Distance--- 245
6. Less spin to create more distance with my swing i should be able to produce more distance
7. slight Fade, Bad shots are a slice/ big fade
8. slight fade... starts straight then fades
9. Dryer Conditions / to moderate moisture Ontario Canada
10. 6'0'' 165lbs .... ex. sean o'hair or davis love iii
11. average hand size
12. Davis Love iii or steve stricker

Answer: Not enough LM data, but I can tell steep angle of attack is a big issue for you. Make sure cutting down to 44" properly done to bring the specs correctly.

[color=#FF0000]Ping G410 LST[/color]/ [color=#800080]Ping G410 5 wood [/color] / [color=#0000CD]Ping G410 3 Hybrid*[/color]<br />[color=#40E0D0]Ping i210 4-UW [/color] / [color=#FF8C00] Titleist Vokey SM6 56* & 60*[/color]<br />[color=#EE82EE]Odyssey O-Works Black 7s [/color] /[color=#800000]Taylormade TP5x[/color]

Hello Joe,

I'm looking for advice on Drivers. These numbers are based on the A4 9015D head. Currently, I play a 983k 8.5 w the stock titleist speeder shaft.

I'm looking at the A4 9015D as the main head but would also consider the MP600 or the J33R 460

I pay once or twice a month. I used to be a 4-5 handicap but not anymore as I don't play as much.

1. What is the club existing set up?

983k 8.5 stock titleist speeder shaft stiff

I'm a quicker tempo swinger. People say I transition quicker from the top but not a super fast tempo. I'd say I'm more towards heavy loader as people say they can see my shaft load right before I start down.

4-5 handicap

My swing is pretty consistent. If I tend to miss, it's towards the heel. I'm a good ball striker. Never really hit bad hooks or slices. My misses tend to push or slight fades.

Current setup is ok but would like to launch it higher with less spin.

LM session on a vector brand machine at Golfsmith recently w 9.5 Adams A4 9015D, stock stiff matrix shaft 45.5 in

Swing speed - 105-110
Launch Angle - 15-17
Ball Spin - 3500-3700
Ball Speed- 155-160

Wish they measured AOA but didn't have that.

It seems like the the launch angle and spin are pretty high. I would think that it'd be ideal to lower the launch angle and spin a bit and was wondering if i need an 8.5 degree loft or a different shaft or both.

I tee the ball up pretty high and far up in my stance as well. I've had trouble getting drivers in the air.

My shot tendency on mistaktes a slight fade or slight push to the right because I get a bit quick and go over the top and becaue of that, I tend to miss towards the heel on the face of the club and a bit lower than center.

When I hit good drives I hit a slight draw. A flatter trajectory but I've caught myself turning the club over and going a bit over the top trying to flatten the trajectory.

Tucson, Az so the courses are firm

5' 11", 215 lbs. stocky build. I have a longer torso than legs.

Men's small cadet

Probably looks David Duval or Mark O'Mera. It's closer to a one plane swing but I still have a little bit of my tendencies from the the traditional two plane swing in that I can get a bit hand-sy when I try to over compensate, knowing I'm pushing the ball out right.

I guess what i'm looking for is a more traditional looking setup that isn't hook faced so I can go after it. I grew up hitting persimmon woods and love the neutral or slightly open face look with that solid feel. I really can't stand the new driver looks or sounds I am open minded to try different heads.

Main thing I'm looking for is a better launch angle and spin rate and forgiveness as I don't play as much as I used too. I've never had much problems with keeping the ball in play as my misses are never extreme but more accuracy never hurts. Ability to move the ball a bit wouldn't hurt either but isn't highest on my priority.

I would also like an honest opinion of whether it'd be better reshaft the 983k or to find a new driver as the price of a new shaft will be close to getting a new driver and shaft. I love the feel of the 983k and the closest I've found is the A4 that feels solid and doesn't sound like a tin can for the current drivers out. I've also tried out the Titleist D2 stock diamana stiff, D3 stock voodo, and the speedline 9032 grafalloy proaxis or something like that. I hit all of these about the same distance and the dispersion was about the same (no launch monitor as there was none when I went to try these out). The D3 had a better feel, ball flight and tighter disperision but not quite as solid as the A4.

Thanks,

Roy

Answer: Definitely need high kick point shaft and work on your swing attack angle to reduce that spins some more to a good spot. You might need a lower loft. You can pass for S tipped to and X flex.

I'm very curious about the Kai 'li shaft to bring down my spin numbers. Is it a fit?

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b]4-8 (slow to peak season)[/b]
How often you practice in a month?[b] I go the range everyday and hit between 30-90 balls and sometimes a few hundred.[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]8?[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [b]Titleist 909 D2 10.5, Titleist voodoo, stiff, D4?, 45"[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b]swing hard, but I release too early... working on that.[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [b]index=2.7. good irons and getting better consistently[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[b] I do like it, but I'm curious about a stiffer profile.[/b]
[b]Vector, and trackman:SS=104-107, launch angle 12*-14*, ball speed 150mph+/- 5mph, spin=3,200, swingpath= in to out, Attack = 1 degree down to 1* up. depends on my stance and tee height.[/b]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]My common in game miss is a little high, not ballooning though. When all is good though it's great. At the range I can snap hook a few too many if I'm getting lazy[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b]I miss high on the toe. snap hook when I'm lazy, but typically my face has a nice wear spot in the center high area[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b]Straight, some height, small draw. I want more piercing flight with a better descending flight for a hotter roll[/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? [b]Where are you from? Sacramento, CA.[/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [b]6'2", 215lbs, very flexible, not strong enough[/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]large[/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?[b] I'd like it to be Rory McIlroy :rolleyes: . but it's not at all. My swing is flat with an early release that has almost no lag and a left arm chicken wing... but it's very consistent and I'm making some really good improvements towards a Geoff Olgivey type swing... I think? Somehow I manage to produce some speed and average distance is growing constantly. A year ago my top SS was 104 now it's 107 and 104 is easy.[/b]
13. etc. The more the better it become.[b] I hit the ball hard, but I have some leaks. I'm VERY curious about the Kai 'Li to bring my spin down and create a more stable feel. I like the voodoo a lot, but feel I may have maxed it out for consistency.

THANKS JOE!

ANSWER: I think we talked on the phone already about this, right?
[/b]

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

General questionnaire:
During the season, 15 times
probably 5 times
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.

9.5 Degree Tour Burner 60g Fujikira Remax 60g Super Fast - Standard length/lie
Quick tempo, I slide a bit forward but for the most part average
Handicap - 3.1 Consistency - 8 Striking Ability - I've been hitting a small cut lately but I want to get back to a draw
Shaft feels much too light, nothing like my old NV-65 in my old G2, I bought this Tour Burner for consistency not for distance and it has been getting worse and worse, I feel like I don't have much control over the club head position.
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before?
No, I'm trying to avoid it
I want more consistency, a mid-launch shaft, and from around 70g-80g
Depends how i'm swinging, if i'm swinging close to full, I usually push off to the right, If i'm swinging very softly for maximum accuracy (usually doesn't work well) I turn the club face over. Havn't noticed much missing on any part of the face.
Mid-Launch 5 yard draw
I play a variety of conditions, lots in the wet during high school golf season, although it's never too damp, I play woodsy courses, not many links style - Washington
I am pretty much average weight size, I swing pretty hard, my posture is pretty tall, don't bend my knees much, i'm 6'0, 165lbs
Large
Lucas Glover
13. etc.
I want to get a shaft that feels firm, I have around a 103mph swing, Stiff preferably, I want something for both control and distance a little bit more on the control side, I'd really like to get back into swinging around 85-90% rather than swinging really softly, I used to play very well with my NV-65 on the G2, but my driving has gone down hill after I bought the tour burner w/ the stock shaft. Any help would be appreciated, i'm also making a thread so I'll see which one brings in a reply quicker.

Thanks!

Answer: SOrry, I can't help without LM data.

• 2 weeks later...

General questionnaire:

How often you play in a month? 4-5

How often you practice in a month? 2-4

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 7-8

rte-bold.png

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) 9.5, V2, X-STIFF, 67, 45

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Quick tempo, Heavy loader

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? handicap 4, consistency 7-8, I tend to pull the ball on my misses or hit a big cut.

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? I tend to balloon the ball.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed 108-121, launch angle 14-15.4, ball speed 155-165, spin rate 3405-3520, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins Not sure, but when I do slice or hook it...its really bad!, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST!

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Lower ball flight and spin

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? I have a tend to spray the ball all over the place, with a lot of side spin when I'm playing bad. My miss hits are always on the toe.

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Mid-high flight, but I would like to get that lower.

9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? I am from Wilmington N.C. and I play just about all kinds of different conditions.

10. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6'2'' 200lbs pretty athletic, My knees have a decent amount of flex in them, but I'd say I stand pretty upright.

11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. x-large

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Hank Kuehne

13. etc. The more the better it become. I am currently deciding between the Cobra zero limits and the Ping i15. Those are the two that I have hit and liked but I'm willing to try more. My goal is just to lower my ball flight and decrease my spin numbers...a little added distance would be nice too haha. I was wondering would it be worth to get the Whiteboard shaft?

Answer: High kick, heavier shaft a must which probably need to be X flex tipped and watch out on picking the right loft which most likely you should be on lower loft to achieve around 11* LA or so. I won't be surprise a shorter set up for better control and easier to get the right attack angle.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Joe,

My set up: Taylor made R7 limited 8.5 with Matrix 5.5 stiff stock shaft 60 ish grams playing to 45.5 long,not sure of swing weight.

Trackman numbers:

clubhead speed:93
AoA:+2.9
dynamic loft:18.4
ball speed:136.3
smash factor:1.46
vert. angle:16.2
spin:3027 I think the average was skewed by a couple of real high one I swiped

I think my SS is a little higher 96 or so,I was going easy the first couple.
I am looking to change shafts to Matrix F7m2 to lower my launch angle and spin for better roll.Will I lose much carry,do you think this shaft is a good fit?
If i were to go to a heavier shaft could the swingweight remain the same through hot melting or some other process?
My tempo is medium to quick,with a hard hit.My swing is a fade my miss is a high fade when i get to quick.
I am looking to maximize carry and roll (who isn't).

Thanks

Looking for some help with a new shaft. I have been using the Grafalloy Blue 83x for years, and since they don't make it anymore I'm trying to figure where to go next.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 8-10
How often you practice in a month? 10-15 hours a month
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 9

1. What is the club existing set up?
Titleist 907D, 8.5 loft, 44.5" length, Grafalloy Blue 83x

Quick tempo with med-heavy load

0 hdcp, 9 consistency and ball striking

The problem is that they quit making the grafalloy blue shaft and I can't find any blue 83x shafts out there. I need a back up driver and maybe something new. I am on staff with Titleist and am thinking about moving to a 909D3 head.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM?
Trackman LM, SS 112-115 mph, launch angle 11.5-13, ball speed 168, spin rate 2400-2600, side spin 100-300

I have a med-high trajectory which I like, maybe a little lower would be OK. I would really like to keep everything the same with a new shaft.

My misses are high right and weak. If I miss the sweetspot it's usually low on the face.

Ball flight is right to left slightly with a med-high trajectory.

All conditions, winter is wet and slow, summer is firm and fast. Dallas, TX

5'9", 230

ML Cadet

Steve Stricker is the one I would like, but I'm closer to parallel at the top with a quick transition. Not sure who that would be???

13. etc.
I've been a die hard Grafalloy Blue fan for about 6 years, probably since when the shaft came out. The first time I got on a launch monitor I was fit for a heavier shaft to reduce spin rate and flatten the ball out a bit. Went with a heavier penley until I found the blue. The Blue 83x has been great for me and I can't find anything like it. I saw that Alvaro Quiros currently has this shaft in his driver and 3-wood. Maybe he knows where I can get one. Ha!

I have tried the VS Proto and the VooDoo shafts with no luck. My current back up driver is a 909D2 9.5 Voodoo 80 gram xstiff 45", I like the trajectory but the ball moves too much sideways on me. And it seems like the VS proto doesn't have as much feel in my hands??? Feels like a low torque UST Proforce, not very responsive for me. My Titleist rep is trying to get me to move into the 909 series clubhead so I need a shaft for the 8.5 909D3 clubhead. I have tried the diamana blueboard and whiteboard 83x with that clubhead and liked both. Any thoughts on those two shafts or something else I should be looking at. Thanks for your time.

Answer: I might be able to find one or two for you. Email me if you are interested to [email protected] or you can try PX 8A2.

Hi Joe, looking for some help in finding a new Iron Shaft and setup. My existing irons I got last year a set of Titleist AP2s, however the factory fitted the wrong shafts in them. Have had them 6 months trying to play with them but obviously not getting the best results, so want to know what I should consider have swapped into them and also whether I need any tweaks to the lie and lofts at all.

General questionnaire:
8 rounds

Hit balls on practice range most days

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.
8, not working on changing the swing at all and have had no lessons on golf swing since 2008. Happy with my swing, want to find the club setup to go with it now.

Iron fitting Questionnaire:

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle?
Yes have had fittings with Ping & Titleist each year since 2005, but not had one since May 2009. Ping always recommend I'm 3 degrees upright, Titleist Recommended 2, but the tape mark was still toe side, trying a 4 degree upright Titleist was too upright,

2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please!
Existing shafts are True Temper Dynamic Gold High Launch S300, playing 1/2" longer then standard. Heads have been bent 3 Degrees upright, lofts are Standard.

3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?
I have been on both the Titleist TPM System and Ping nFlight. My Swingspeed/Clubhead Speed with Irons is around 86mph-89mph. Launch is High with Low Spin However, as I'm a shallow angle of attack type player.

4. How do you hit them so far?
I hit the Irons quite high with obvious loss of carry distance over previous clubs. Bad shots tend to be a ball that starts right of target and maintains a straight flight which makes me think I'm not getting the club kicking in correctly and squaring the face. As I then try to increase my swingspeed and hand action, I start to turn the ball over very easily right to left.

5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?
I'd like to see an increase in carry distance of around 5-10 yards per iron to a proper yardage system into my bag. Having lost yardage over previous clubs I've owned its hard for me to adjust on course to taking more club then what I think I need. Presently a big gap between my Woods and Irons. 5 Wood Carries around 200 yards next club down is my 4 Iron which carries about 160 yards. Don't want to have to swing harder to hit ball online and as a result increase the chance of a big draw or hook creeping in.

6. What do you like to see on your ball flight?
I like to see a straight ball flight with maybe a hint of draw. I like a fairly mid to high trajectory because as I have low spin rate, helps the ball to stop a bit quicker.

7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?
With my present setup a good golfing day sees the ball flying with a high 10-15yard draw, would like to see it a bit straighter.
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where?
With my Irons the impact marks on the face tend to be middle to heel side. I would say I'm probably 50-50 split between hitting left of target and right of target. A good shot tends to draw hence finishing left where as a bad shot tends to be the straight block/push right of the target.

9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?
I say High Ball Hitter because I'm shallow through impact and tend to sweep the ball. Therefore its High but with low spin.

10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )?
I used to Carry a 5 Iron about 170-175 yards on a good day with no wind. With the present clubs its more around 155-160 yards.

11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
Knuckle to floor measurement is 33.5"

12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
Wrist to floor measurement is 37.5"

13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.
No Laughing Please - Ladies Medium Large - Total Hand Length wrist to longest finger 7 inches.

14. How tall are you?
6 foot 1 inch

15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker?
Shallow almost no divot at all.

16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?
Swing probably looks okay. Single plane takeaway with a tiny shift inside on the downswing. Not a massive amount of body turn however in backswing, so swing always looks from an outsider as being 3/4 length.

17. What is your handicap index? From?
Currently am a CONGU 12hcp officially but feel I'm playing almost to single figures.

18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing?
Medium to Quick Tempo Swing. I've always been quick from the takeaway rather then being a slow takeaway and build the speed. Sometimes people comment the takeaway is faster then the downswing.

Answer: 2009 AP2 IMO is design to hit the ball to high and the higher bounce angle makes it even worst IMO. Plus In your case I will need to fit you personally to see everything includes your swing.

I was using an Adams 9032LS 8.5*, Axivcore Red 79XX, D4, 45.25"
Currently considering moving to 9032LD 8.5*, Matrix Blacktie HD8
quicker tempo than most, load it 6 or 7 with the mizuno shaft optimizer
2.3 index and consistency is improving, made some swing changes so its starting to stick, prob a 7 right now
My ball would burn up upon reentry from the upper atmosphere (too high and spinny) hit the ground and didnt move
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)
On a Vector Pro using the 9032LS setup 125 chs (130+ if I step on it), 17* launch, 4000+ spin, 4* inside out path, up attack angle (not sure *), fade spin
Lower launch maybe and def much lower spin
miss is usually to and a push slice would be my current miss
mid trajectory draw
Northeast, usually wet fairways
muscular build, 6"0 215 lbs
Large cadet glove
shooting for stricker with some extra hinge
Im a competetive long driver and have a tendecy to go at a little more than I should when playing, so the heavier the better has always been my train of though, still working and some swing changes to shallow the club a little more with my body and not the hands. I dont think the path will change much but the attack angle may

answer: Swing is definitely the biggest problem here. Your attack angle should to steep to the ball with that 4000mph Spin rate. Finding the right lenght set up and swingweight will help finding that attack angle easier. Stiffer tip design shaft is a must which also a higher kick point shaft.

In season, 10-12

10ish

6-7

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? [b]no[/b]
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! [b]Original TM Rac LT, Rifle 6.0, Standard all around[/b]
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine? [b]Today at my local golfsmith, 6-iron(Mizuno MP-52 with DGS300, standardl/l/l) swing speed 96-103, between about 400rpm hook and 1000rpm slice side spin, 5000-7000rpm back spin, 17-20 launch angle[/b]
4. How do you hit them so far? [b]I have been playing my TM's since the summer of '04, hit them reasonably well, hadn't played alot on them until last summer, tend to miss right[/b]
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? [b]Looking for a new set of irons, would like a little higher ball flight, leaning toward the mp-52 or mp-58[/b]
6. What do you like to see on your ball flight? [b]mid, to high ball flight[/b]
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? [b]low, to mid, weak fade[/b]
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? [b]low, driver is dymo str8fit 10.5, setup is 1* closed 1* up +1*loft , diamana blue board 63 stiff, get 8-9 degree launch[/b]
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? [b]185 carry, not sure on swing speed, 6 iron swing speed is high 90's[/b]
11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players [b]33 1/4"[/b]
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players [b]35 3/8"[/b]
13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]ML[/b]
14. How tall are you? [b]5'11"[/b]
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? [b]Deep[/b]
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? [b]no idea[/b]
17. What is your handicap index? From? [b]8-9 last year, down from 15-16 in years past[/b]
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing? [b]Quick I think, no idea on load factor. If it means anything my numbers from the Mizuno optimizer today were 5.5.5.6, 5.4.5.6, and 4.4.5.6 but those were on 90-93 mph swings, like I said I hit 30-40 balls on the monitor after that with a clubhead speed of high 90's.

Thanks in advance.

Answer: I would double check your LM data if I were you. 17-20 LA on your 6 iron is DEFINITELY not a high ball hitter.
[/b]

[size="3"]Driver fitting questionnaire:

1. I play a HiBore XL 10.5 Stiff flex Aldila VS Proto
2. Quick swinger with tempo, Medium loader
3. I am a 13 handicap with about a 7 handicap
4. I tend to slice and at best fade
5. I have a launch angle of 16-17, Ball Spin of 4,000, and a swing speed of 95-100.
6. I want to straighten out my drives, lower launch, and gain roll/distance.
7. I miss on the heel of the club and tend to slice
8. Mid/High trajectory with a slight left to right
9. I am from San Diego, and Cape Cod Mass
10. I am 5'9" 185 Athletic
11. I wear a Medium glove… but may use small since I like a real tight glove.
13 Here is what I am doing:

I am getting the G15 Draw. Swing speed 95-100. My launch angle is high (17*) and my spin rate is around 4000. I am trying to knock both of those down with a better swing, but I have been playing for a while and shoot in the 80's…. so I figure why fight it, stay consitant, and get equipement to fit my swing. I am nervous about hitting a 9.5 since I tend to have left/right problems (slice), so I am thinking of getting a 10.5. thoughts?[/size]

[size="3"]What shaft should I put on it. What loft head, and what flex shaft. These are the Ping shaft options in my price range that are Mid Launch:

UST AXIVCore TOur Red Series 69
UST AXIVCORE Tour Red Series 79

Graphite design Aura BLue
Graphite design Aura Red
Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ 65

Grafalloy pro launch red 65

Aldila Serrano (Stock)
Aldila VS Proto 65 [/size]

So I have all my swing specs and I am trying to pick the perfect driver loft and shaft.

Answer: Get on a LM again and hit the 9.5* and give me a complete data from that.

General questionnaire:
[b]6 times during peak, 2 times during cold Virginia winters[/b]
[b]twice a week at the range on lunch. the other 3 days on the putting and chipping greens[/b]
[b]Driver - 7, Irons 8[/b]

[b]Cleveland Hi-Bore XL, 10.5, Fit On Yellow, Regular, D2, 45"[/b]
[b]Quck tempo, medium loader[/b]
[b]GHIN 9.7, 7[/b]
[b]Lose to left, club feels to light in hands[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b]
[b]Vector LM
96 Swing Speed
13.3 Launch Angle
141 Ball Speed
2790 Spin Rate
Inside
Fairly steep[/b]
[b]More consistant ball flight, stop losing balls to the left, always more distance[/b]
[b]Really left with my driver, i tend to get very flat[/b]
[b]High ball flight with a nice draw. Falls out of the sky like a dead hampster.[/b]
[b]Good conditioned private course. Southwest Virginia[/b]
[b]6'1'', Athletic Build, 205 lbs, good posture[/b]
[b]Cadet XL[/b]
[b]Brandt Snendeker[/b]

Answer: Get your self a S flex shaft Medium kick and low spin. Plenty of choice now a days