2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

For you guys asking for a help in picking a shaft!

joey3108

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 4-6 times
How often you practice in a month? 8 times
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? 7

Driver fitting questionnaire:
1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc) Mizuno MP-600 8.5*, 45", White Board 73X

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? quick tempo heavy loader

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? 0.7 Handicap. I think I hit it pretty good.
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Overall set up is fine, looking at some new technology. I would like to keep my spin down.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)

Was on a Flightscope yesterday. Average was 107, high of 111. Tried some different setups, Ball Speed was 157-160 depending on the head/shaft. Spin rate on current driver is 3400 PRM.

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Less spin.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? I come out of it and lose it right. That is a swing issue, not much the club can help with.

Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Not Really

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? When I am swinging good, I can move it either way.

9. What type of course condition you are playing most?
Where are you from? Atlanta, GA

Body build and postures? height? etc. 6' 6", 225,

11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. Large

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? I am sort of lanky, so its sort of a Nick Whatney meets Matt Kuchar.

I currently play a Diamana WB 73x. I hit quite a few different shafts and clun heads yesterday and I have it narrowed down to either a 910 D3, or a Callaway Razor. My ball speed/swing speed was higher with the Stiff flex shafts, but the dispersion was all over the place. With the X flex shafts I felt like I could load it harder, but the SS and BS were a little lower. I have been playing the WB for 4 years or so, and like it. But Should I look at Hard Stepping an S flex, or softstepping an X. I feel like I am right on that line with my SS.

Also, spin is a big my biggest issue, so I am looking for low spin shaft. The WB fits that bill, should I go away from something I know and comfortable with?

Answer: I need a LA from the LM data, And you need to work on your attack angle to be more from the inside with ascending path to the ball, maybe work on staying behind the ball at impact would help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently shopping the Diamana Kai'li and not sure where else to go. I like the R9 460 head and am really looking for a shaft to plug into it. My other question is S or X b/c i am on the borderline...see below.

General questionnaire:

How often you play in a month? [color="#ff0000"]10-12 in season[/color]
How often you practice in a month? [color="#ff0000"]5-6[/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 6

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )
Taylormade r9 TP 9.5 Stiff flex motore 60 shaft, 45 inches, don't know swing weight
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?

Quick-feel like I load it pretty hard. Really bring the club down and through...tend to hit up on ball which leads to ballooning
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?

index is 4.9 6, good with driver
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?

too high of launch angle and ballooning
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b]

From recent ball fitting: SS 112.6, BV 156.1 LA 11.1 BS 3405 SS +400 Dist 265
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?

Less ballooning and less side spin--boring much lower trajectory
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?

High right-don't stay down and through...hips in front w/ a high right block
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?

Right to left [color="#ff0000"]about 10 yds...step up, aim down the right side and hammer it[/color]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?

St. Louis, tight course[color="#ff0000"]--grew up in Oklahoma used to play irons 2 degrees flat and sling it r to l. More upright now[/color]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc.
5 10 and about 200 lbs...
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.

Cadet medium
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?

Nick Price??? Don't know...
13. etc. The more the better it become.

Answer: Definitely X flex.

• 2 weeks later...

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b]4-6x[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]4-6x[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]7[/b]

Iron fitting Questionnaire:

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? [b]No[/b]
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! [b]Taylormade RAC Pro Combos w/ Rifle 6.0 Flighted +1/2" [/b]
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine? [b]Vector Launch Monitor. 6 iron - 94-95 mph. [/b]
4. How do you hit them so far? Ok. [b]Can't hit fade. [/b]
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? [b]Miss left[/b]
6. What do you like to see on your ball flight? [b]Trajectory is good. Usually hit a 5 yrd draw. [/b]
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? [b]Slight draw. [/b]
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? [b]Miss left and on the toe. [/b]
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? [b]More high than low but not that high. [/b]
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? [b]Hit 6 iron on vector launch monitor and carry is 205-210. [/b]
11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players [b]38"[/b]
13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]L/XL[/b] - [b]Wrist crease to middle finger tip is 8.25" and middle finger measures 3.75"[/b]
14. How tall are you? [b]6'3"[/b]
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? [b]Medium[/b]
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? [b]Adam Scott[/b]
17. What is your handicap index? From? [b]1.8 [/b]- [b]Stracka[/b]
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing? [b]Medium[/b]

[b]I used the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer and received the following with a 6 iron: 94-95mph headspeed; 3 tempo; 3 toe down; 3 kick angle; 4-5 release factor. The club was standard length/lie.

Thanks!

Will

Answer: You better get a real good fitting. It looks like you need 3/4" over IMO high kick X flex and best of all, you need a proper lie angle from a dynamic fitting. I bet ya you have been compensating on how you build your swing so far.
[/b]

First, thanks a ton for feedback and ideas.

[u]General questionnaire[/u]:
How often you play in a month? [b]4-5
[/b]How often you practice in a month? [b]~2-3
[/b]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]8
[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [b]G15, 9* loft, stock TFC shaft, standard length and swing weight, X stiff shaft[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b] I have a reasonably quick tempo and a SS between 108-110. I would say I'm a relatively heavy loader.[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [b]Index is 7.7 and trending better[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b]Moving to the X shaft has been a huge help in tightening my dispersion. I was fit for this club by a very reputable golf shop on trackman. I'm very happy overall but I am giving up distance by launching it low with my descending angle of attack swing. I'm working on the swing part.[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"][color="#353535"]flightscope[/color][/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b] [b]Several trackman sessions (both at the fitting and after) with the existing set up. Here are the numbers from my last trackman session (avg #s after 10 swings with the driver): 156mph ball speed; 7.3* launch angle (!); 2,730 spin (only a few registered); 55 feet max height; 26.5* land angle; 267 total yards. At the original fitting earlier this year, launch angle was 8.6*, attack angle was -3*, club path was 0.9*, average spin was 2,530rpm
[/b]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]Higher launch, better carry. That said I'm concerned about wider dispersion and the existing set up has been great on that front compared to the prior driver. [/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b]With the current set up I'll still pull hook a few when I'm tired. Sometimes (rare) a big fade. I think the two way miss is just not getting my body through and getting quick with the hands (left if my wrists turn, right if they don't). These misses are somewhat rare now. I'm ok at getting the center of the clubface (smash factor was 1.47 at fitting), but also like the forgiveness of the G15 when I'm not dead center with it.[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b]Straight to baby draw[/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]Michigan but play all over. Conditions in Michigan are all over the board as well.[/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [b]5'11, 175 lbs. Swing is relatively flat. If I'm being honest I'm probably too upright at address.[/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]Large[/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [b]Not sure on this one. I think my backswing is pretty smooth and I have an aggressive swing at the ball from the top. When I'm playing well it's a nice balanced finished position.[/b]
13. etc. The more the better it become. [b]Really just want to launch it a bit higher to stop robbing myself of distance (and so I can clear some trees when cutting corners!), but I'm worried about greater dispersion. I place a premium on accuracy over extra distance. Last year's driver was a HiBore XL with a fit-on red stiff shaft. I could bomb this driver, but dispersion was meaningfully worse and I would get snappy with it a lot. I think the XS shaft has been a big help in addition to work on the swing/consistency of the swing, but I also wonder if it has brought the ball flight down some. I love the G15 head. Thanks for your thoughts.

Answer: You have a steep delofting attack angle on your swing. With the speed you have and the specs of club you got and still have that kind of LA and SPIN......something is not right with the swing there IMO.
[/b]

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 8 times
How often you practice in a month? 2 times
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 7

1. What is the club existing set up? TM SF TP 2.0 8.5 46 1/4" Oban Kiyoshi 75 x flex
2. What type of swinger are you Quick tempo moderate loader
3. What is your handicap 10 handi great center striker 7 swing quality
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Inconsistent accuracy push slice/ hook
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM Yes usually vector pro, 14-15 launch 3200 spin 105-107 ss inside out path
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Different grip and lots of practice
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Usually bad hooks to push fades toe strikes
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Straight to slight draw mini fade
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? TN hard to medium fairways cut tight
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6'1 230 large athletic build former lineman
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. Cadet large
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Jb Holmes

[b]Answer: Go down 1/2 flex to a high kick stiff tip shaft and find your better control shorter lenght set up and properly rebuild to the right swingweight.[/b]

Ping I25 9 degree x flex
TEE 4 wood
Ping I series 4-Gap PX 6.0
Ping Glide 54 degree
Ping Glide 58 degree
Machine M1A custom

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [color="#000000"][b]10-20 times
[/b][/color]How often you practice in a month? [b]5-15 times[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]6[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [b]Cobra F Speed LD 9.5 Stiff 62 grams Not sure length/ it was off the rack[/b]

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b]Quick tempo, not sure about loading, but I tend to have too quick of a transition into the downswing[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [b]4.6 index 6-7 consistency, solid ball striker with irons, but consistently towards the hell with Driver[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b]Shaft seems too whippy, have a LARGE dispersion, tend to have an inconsistent ball flight, often floats offline[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"][color="#353535"]flightscope[/color][/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b] [b]Swing Labs, hit 910 D2 and D3.
D2: Avg SS: 105-110 BS: 155-160 LA: 10.1 with Proj X/ 6.4 with S 70 Ahina BackSpin: 3142 w/ PX/ 2903 w/ Ahina SideSpins: 109 Px/ -153 Ahina
D3 w/ PX 7c3: Avg SS: 106 LA: 7.85 BS: avg 156 Spin: 2270 Side Spin:-335[/b]
[b]A more consistent trajectory and dispersion pattern. Trying to find something that will feel comfortable through impact and the whole swing.[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?
[b]I sometimes hit a hard low hook left, or stand up on it and push right. Tend to miss on heel or low on face.[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b]I prefer a slight draw, but with the hook on the mind sometimes I just have to work hard for a fade if I want to play consistent.[/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]SE Massachusetts, somewhat soft, basically average.[/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc.[b] 5' 10" Husky 220, but still Athletic
[/b]11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]XL Cadet
[/b]12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [b]KJ Choi or maybe Jason gore..
[/b]13. etc. The more the better it become. [b]I am hoping to find out which shaft or what type would be good for me, like where the flex should be. i know so little about shafts everything will help! I will sacrifice distance for accuracy, but want something that will give my a consistent ball flight and dispersion. I like the light feel of my old club, but feel sometimes it caused me to overswing. My big issue is swinging way too hard! I think that's it.. Thanks a lot for this Joe!

Answer: Base on the LM numbers, Get a higher loft that give you 12-13 LA and post again the number here.
[/b]

Joe;
Several weeks ago I filled this out and didn't see a reply. Did I do something in error?
Some things have changed and now I'm looking for a shorter driver around 43.5-44" to go with my 11.5 Octane. Could you recommend a heavier shaft to get me to D2 with this head with high launch based on the questionnaire I filled out?

Answer: Must have been an uncompleted answer or wrong section of posting.

[color="#161E2B"][size="2"]General questionnaire:[/size][/color]

[color="#161E2B"][size="2"]Howoften you play in a month? [b]3-5 times[/b][/size][/color]

[color="#161E2B"][size="2"]How oftenyou practice in a month? [b]10-12 times [/b][/size][/color]

[color="#161E2B"][size="2"]Howconsistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? [b]8[/b][/size][/color]

[color="#161E2B"] [/color]

[color="#161E2B"][size="2"]Driverfitting questionnaire:[/size][/color]

[color="#161E2B"][size="2"]1. Whatis the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc) [/size][/color]

[b][color="#161E2B"][size="2"]Titleist 910 D3 9.5 (set at 8.75) 45in Proforce V2 76gm Stiff (tipped 0.5 in) ***Hate this shaft, too boardy [/size][/color][/b]

[color="#161E2B"][size="2"]2.What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factoron your swing? Heavy or light loader? [/size][/color]

[b][color="#161E2B"][size="2"]Medium tempo swinger, medium loader.[/size][/color][/b]

[color="#161E2B"][size="2"]3.What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where isyour striking ability? 6.5[b] handicap, swingis very consistent, ball striking is about an 8 [/b][/size][/color]

[color="#161E2B"][size="2"]4.What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [/size][/color]
[size="3"][color="#161E2B"][size="2"][b]Hate the proforce V2 and I want a shaft with more torque and feel while keeping the spin rate down. I am averaging about 2900-3200 with the proforce which seems pretty high.[/b][/size][/color][/size]
[size="3"][color="#161E2B"][size="2"][b]
[/b][/size][/color][/size][color="#161E2B"][size="2"]5.Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM(flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle,ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [/size][/color]
[b][color="#161E2B"][size="2"]Used a Ping Launch monitor (I think itwas a ping launch monitor). Average was 105, high of 111 (with a 65gm shaft). Tried some differentsetups, Ball Speed was 154-159. Spinrate on current proforce v2 is 3200-3300 PRM. Launch Angle 11-12 degrees, Angle of Decent average 47 degrees[/size][/color][/b]

[color="#161E2B"][size="2"]6.What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [/size][/color]

[b][color="#161E2B"][size="2"]Less spin.[/size][/color][/b]

[color="#161E2B"][size="2"]7.What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? [/size][/color]

[b][color="#161E2B"][size="2"]Hold on too long and lose it right [/size][/color][/b]

[color="#161E2B"][size="2"]Doyou have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [/size][/color]

[b][color="#161E2B"][size="2"]Not Really[/size][/color][/b]

[color="#161E2B"][size="2"]8.What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playinggood? [/size][/color]

[b][color="#161E2B"][size="2"]When I am swinging good, I can move it either way but prefer to play a small draw[/size][/color][/b]

[color="#161E2B"][size="2"]9.What type of course condition you are playing most? [/size][/color]
[/b][/size][/color][/size]
[b][color="#161E2B"][size="2"]Southern California Courses (LAand SD) [/size][/color][/b]

[color="#161E2B"][size="2"]10. Body build and postures? height? [/size][/color]

[b][color="#161E2B"][size="2"]5'9 160, athletic[/size][/color][/b]

[color="#161E2B"][size="2"]11.What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.[/size][/color]

[b][color="#161E2B"][size="2"]Cadet Medium/Large[/size][/color][/b]

[color="#161E2B"][size="2"]12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGAtour?[/size][/color]

[b][color="#161E2B"][size="2"]Not as punchy and short as AnthonyKim's swing, but similar. Smooth Tempo[/size][/color][/b]

[b][color="#161E2B"] [/color][/b]

[b][color="#161E2B"][size="2"]I think the flight of my current setup is good but i wanted to know if there was a better setup that give me better feel than the proforce. Ive used the V2 LD2 at 45in for a number of years. I liked the amount of torque it had. The current V2 76gm shaft I have now feels way too stiff and i want something with more feel because my tempo isn't very fast. [/size][/color][/b]
[size="3"][color="#161E2B"][size="2"][b]I was considering looking into the Fujikura Motore F1 65, Speeder 6.2.[/b][/size][/color][/size]
[size="3"][color="#161E2B"][size="2"][b]I recently used the Aldila RIP on the launch monitor and had numbers that were good but i want something with more feel than the Rip.[/b][/size][/color][/size]
[/b][/size][/color][/size][size="3"][color="#161E2B"][size="2"][b]ANY input on what shaft you would recommend would be great. Thanks!!

Answer: You should not tipped that shaft. Light loader need to play slight under flex on that shaft. Definitely check your attack angle to reduce the Spin and just increase a hair of your LA. Similar spec type of shaft should be fine. Some shaft will give you a better feel.

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )
[b]Cobra s9-1 Pro D 9.5*, Stock Ozik X-con 6, Stiff, ??, 45"[/b]

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?
[b]Long stroke, slower on backswing heavy into the ball.[/b]

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?
[b]Shooting consistently 94-96, score improving with overall game. 7/10 consistency. [/b]

[b]Inconsistent ball flight, shaft tip may be overflexing, produces knuckling hook and rising slice on some shots.[/b]

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b]
[b]SS around 112, ball speed 150-155... This was done at DSS, not a lot of swings taken.[/b]

[b]Tighter dispersion, stronger tip section[/b]

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on
the face of the club? where?
[b]When I miss shots they are slices, mostly due to leaving club face open. [/b]

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?
[b]Best shots have true ball flight, high and not ballooning, roll to 310 yds max. Slight fade.[/b]

[b]Upstate NY. Playing several different courses. Hot muggy weather[/b]

[b]6'0", athletic, 193 lbs[/b]

[b]ML[/b]

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?
[b]Couldn't tell you, swing is long, shaft goes a little beyond parallel to ground at top of swing.

answer: Need more LM data!
[/b]

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b]4-6[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]4[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]6[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [b]Tested a 9.5 Reax 6, stiff, D8?, 46" SF Burner 2010 - Only model I have good LM numbers on (just coming back after 10 years off and looking to buy a Supertri but need to know what shaft to look for)[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b]Quick, Heavy to medium loader[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [b]20HP 6 consistency[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[b] it's a 10 yr old AVDP with too light of shaft[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? [b]LM at GG ( swing speed 98 - used to play at 103 and its slowly coming back so will most likely end up around 100-105 mark, launch angle,14.1 ball speed 142, spin rate 2050 , Swing path -out to in,Attack angle +2*, side spins - 2* Open, etc?)[/b] [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]Looking for straight consistancy over distance, have always fought a slice on the tee.[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? [b]Right, almost always right[/b]. Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? [b]Ten years ago hard to say, tended towards heel mishits while recently testing tho. [/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b]High launch with good roll and average carry[/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]Midwest - oklahoma, play mostly in fall, winter and spring on muni courses[/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [b]6'2" 260lbs[/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]XL[/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [b]Use to be John Daly as I took the club back way to far. Not so much now. I like the swing of Fred Couples back in the day the most tho. Today...Adam Scott I guess, would love a swing like that and been practicing a smoother easy swing..[/b]
13. etc. The more the better it become. [b]I am almost starting from scratch here after such a long layoff so i want to get my gear lined out and rebuild my swing with it rather than rebuild my swing, buy gear and rebuild again around it. I have decent understanding of techniques and concepts but tend to over think things too much which mess up my mechanics. I will also say I really like the very light weight and feel of the 2010 Superfast I tried but would like the adjustability of the Supertri R9 series so want a shaft for it that has tight dispersion, fits the head characteristics well coupled with my metrics. I have a family and money is a consideration. Will most likely being buying off the bay or Cl so appreciate info on common shafts for the R9 such as the Motore line and Reax line as well as others like the Fuboki etc. Thanks for the time and info you will put into this.

Answer: Something is not right with the LM data. 1 thing i can tell you is not to play the driver to long if you want to get a better consistency, especially at D6 swing weight is consider heavy for most of us.
[/b]

Driver: PING G30 LST 9* - Tour 65 Reg Shaft
3W: R11 Ti 13* - Fubuki 73x5ct Stiff Shaft
Driving Iron: Cobra King One Black Utility 2/3i - UST Recoil 780 Stiff Shaft
5-GW: Cobra King One Forged - UST Recoil 110 Stiff Shafts
Wedges: Mizuno T5s 52.09, 56.10, 60.06 - DG Wedge Flex Shafts
Putter: Scotty Cameron Monterrey

EHey Joe, Thanks for doing this for everyone! It is awesome!

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month: [b]10+ times[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]6+ times[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]9 out of 10 on consistancy[/b]

[b]Titleist 910 D2, 9.5*, D5 SW, 44.75", Project X X-73C 6.0 Flex.[/b]
[b]I have a medium tempo with a quick transition, short swing[/b]
[b]Current GHIN is 9.45, swing is consistant, I'd say 9/10. Ball striking is probably a 7/10 with driver.[/b]
[b]Problem is too high of spin, launch is good, but spin is excessive[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST!
[b]YES! WIth the Flightscope technology LM
Avg SS: 108.7
High SS: 112.5
Launch Angle: 14.1
Ball Speed: 151.9
Spin Rate: 3875
Swing Path: 0.7* L
Attack Angle: 2.0*
Side Spin: Minimal, but Left to Right[/b]
[b]I am looking for the correct shaft for the club. I was fitted to 44.75" and a D5 swingweight, so want to stay at that. The Launch angle is good, but I just want to bring the spin down.[/b]
[b]My mistake would be a push fade, or a shot off the heel.[/b]
[b]When playing well, I will hit a controlled 5-6 yard fade off the tee[/b]
[b]I am from Wisconsin, play courses that are not too firm but also not really soft.[/b]
[b]Strong build, 5'10", with a 33.5" Wrist to Floor[/b]
[b]Glove size is Cadet Medium-Large[/b]
[b]Swing looks like JB Holmes, I have a short swing with a quick transition, like JB.[/b]13. etc. The more the better it become.

My swing speed is on the bubble between S and X. I play DG X100s in my irons that I was fit to, SS with a 6 iron is 94.4. I don't know if the high spin is due to my swing or shaft. I think it is more the shaft than anything. I want to keep the shaft within 60ish grams

[b]Answer: Definitely check your angle of attack and fix it. You have a slight over the top and steep angle of attack, you may hit the ball higher if you fix this problem. If you fix that, you might end up with a lower lofted club to get an ideal 12-13* LA. Try to do that first and go back to the lm after you can achieve fixing the attack angle and staying behind the ball with outside to in swing path.[/b]

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS Driver with Graphite Design Tour AD UB 6X
Callaway Paradym 3 Wood with Fujikura Ventus Blue 7TX
Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 5 Wood with Graphite Design Tour AD DJ 7TX
Callaway Rogue ST Pro Hybrid with Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
Callaway Paradym 5-AW with VA Composites Synystr 110X Shafts
Callaway Paradym GW with Mitsubishi Chemical MMT 105TX
Callaway CB 56* with Mitsubishi Chemical MMT 105TX
Toulon Garage Daytona Beach Putter

Callaway Tour 300 Laser Rangefinder

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Lie angle adjusted 3 degree flat
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! [b]titleist mbs s300 3 degrees flat
[/b]3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine? [b]no
[/b]4. How do you hit them so far? clean consistent contact, cant hit fade, strong draw with long irons on bad days[b] [/b]
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? [b]Miss left[/b]
6. What do you like to see on your ball flight? low trajectory[b]. with a small draw [/b]
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? low w/ [b]Slight draw. [/b]
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? [b]Miss left with long irons (big draw/hook) [/b]
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? Low/medium[b] [/b]
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? 220-225yds carry[b]. [/b]
11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? not sure but i have long dangely arms
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? notsure
13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.medium large
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? [b]Medium/deep[/b]
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? [b]sergio garcia
[/b]17. What is your handicap index? From? [b]3.8
[/b]18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing? short on quick side quick with a good load factor

Im not really sure what my swing spped is with my irons, but i hit a PW 150 yds and a 3 iron about 245yds. should i be playing X100's. and would the shaft be causing my big draw with my long irons

[b]Answer: Incomplete LM data! You really need to get fitted properly to get a full benefit and enjoy this game. Definitely playing to soft flex. You might even end up with DG Tour X7. Without a proper fitting is hard to say.[/b]

• 2 weeks later...

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 4-6
How often you practice in a month? 6-10
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 8

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) Titleist 909 D2 8,5 Diamana Whiteboard 73 stiff 45 Inch
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Quick tempo
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? Handicap 6,4 and consistency 8
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Do not like the ball flight, inital flight to high but does not rise
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"][color="#353535"]flightscope[/color][/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b] [b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.
[/b]Swing speed 108 mp/h, high flight, average carry 260 yards and 280 including roll
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? flat trajectory. rising to a high flight
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Push
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Draw
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Germany, normal conditions
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6,2 and 158
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. medium
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? McIlroy

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? NO
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! Callaway X-Protos, Nippon Modus 3 stiff, +0,75 Inch, std lie
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?[b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.
[/b]do not really remember, apex at 30 meter of heigh with all clubs, 8-iron 160 yards, 4 iron 205 yards
4. How do you hit them so far? inconsistent concerning heigh of my shots on bad/good days
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? want to hit it with lower trajectory, than rising
6. What do you like to see on your ball flight? flat launch, consistently rising to an high apex without dropping off the sky at the end
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? slight draw
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? off the toe, push
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? High
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? 190y carry
11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. medium
14. How tall are you? 6,2
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? depends on the day but mostly medium
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? Mc Ilroy
17. What is your handicap index? From? 6,4
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing? Quick tempo

Answer: I need more LM data please!

I've noticed a lot of you guys asking for a help in picking up the shaft. However, a lot of you guys didn't give us enough detail info on your swing and existing shaft set up. We will be able to help you much better if you can provide us as much as possible info:

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 6-10 times
How often you practice in a month? 15 to 20
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 7

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) Ping Rapture v2, Aldila Vs proto, Stiff, D3, 45.75"
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Quick tempo/heavy loader
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? handicap is round 13, my swing consistancy is around 7, my ball striking abliity is pretty decent. I hit the sweetspot most of the time, but sometimes miss off the heel.
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? I like everyone would like to increase distance, and lower spin. I like the club head i have alot right now.
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"][color="#0000ff"]flightscope[/color][/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) I got on a vector at Golfsmith. I had a swing speed of 98-105, My launch angle was between 12.5 and 14.3, My spin rate was 2800-3100. I was not able to get swing path or attack angle numbers from the monitor. I tend to put alot of cut spin on the ball when I come in over the top. This cut spin probably happens 3 out of 10 swings.

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? I am looking for a shaft that will optimize my drives by lowering spin, and possibly adding a few yards to carry.
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? I tend to hit the ball off to the right when i am not hitting it well. I miss of the heel when i am not hitting the ball on the sweetspot.
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? I play a straight ball or just a slight fade. I never go left.
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? I am from indiana, and i play fairways that are both firm and soft. It just depends on the quality of course. The hard courses will see balls roll out 50 yards, but the well watered courses might only roll out 20.
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. I am 5' 9" and weight 170. I am a medium build. I have a pretty classic set up. posture is good.
11. What is your glove size? ML cadet
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Anthony Kim is who's swing i like the most
13. I have really made some improvements with my swing here lately. I am hitting the ball on the upswing with alot more power and control. My launch angle has gone up from 7-9 to 12-14 which has really improved my driving. I like the vs proto alot. It has a nice trajectory...not too high or low. I had an NV in my current driver, and i just hit the thing a mile in the air. I also had an HD6 in a g10 10.5 which produced really good ball flight. My struggle is keeping the ball down now more than trying to get it in the air. I also like the quality of the dispersion in my drives. I almost always hit the fairway, but sometimes it will take off right on me. I am interested in a shaft that just might tighten my dispersion up a bit.

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? NO
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? I have adams idea pro forged irons, plus 1/2 and inch. True temper black gold shafts. Swing weight at d2
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?[b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b]
4. How do you hit them so far? I hit them really well when i am on. I hit a fade with all my clubs.
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? I think that the irons are a little less forgiving than i would like. I might try something just a bit more forgiving
6. What do you like to see on your ball flight? I like to see a nice high ball with a slight fade. I know that is my money shot going into greens. I am working on developing a wind ball that stays low, but for now it is the high ball that i play
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? Straight or slight fade
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? I tend to snap hook my irons on bad shots. It is because i don't catch the sweetspot. I'll hit it all over the face from time to time.
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? HIGH ball hitter for sure.
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? I hit my 5 iron 180 on average, not sure on the swing speed of it.
11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players 28.5 inches
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players 32.5 inches
13. What is your glove size? ML cadet
14. How tall are you? 5 9
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? Shallow divot taker
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? AK
17. What is your handicap index? From? 13
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing? Quick tempo, and i load the shaft well.

Bare in mind, No shaft is better than the one fit your swing profile...No matter what the cost is!!!

Answer: Driver setup need to be shorter to get a better sweetspot contact with a Mid High kick point stiffer lower spin tip shaft. Why 1/2" over on your iron? Get another number from a proper lenght at least standard lenght set up please.

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

How often you play in a month? 4 times
How often you practice in a month? 6-8 times
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10- 8 now with the r11

Looking for new shafts!

1. What is the club existing set up? TM r11 9* stiff blur 60 10g heel 1g toe all stock
2. What type of swinger are you? Quick tempo good load Smooth/Semi aggressive downswing
3. What is your handicap? 10 handicap 7 swing quality/consistency. Handicap should drop a bit with better tee and wood/long iron play
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Not too much I like my new ball flight(mid piercing) looking for new shaft options(smoother tighter feel, solid performance, mid/high price)
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? With the stock r11
Ss 106 avg. (I feel I can get this higher now that I'm playing more often).
LA 14
BS 155-160
Spin 2400-2650
Carry 250-255
Side (50% low neg#'s 50% none)
down swing is a little inside out path but working on straightening this up
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? SHAFT consistency is way better with new driver but looking for better feel with a quicker tempo smooth/semi aggressive downswing with a new shaft.
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? push fades - some toe
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? mid trajectory straight to push fades. Im pretty good with manipulating shots left or right too.
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? VA hard and soft
10. Body build and postures? height? 5'8" 148
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. Small/Medium
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? not sure i feel im kinda handsy. maybe Luke Donald or Anthony Kim

Previously very inconsistent ballooning my stock Nikes sumo sq2 stiff 10.5* never hit on an LM but I bet had tons of spin(I know, I should have updated this long ago) lots of push slices. I thought I like the swingweight of the Nike but still uncertain as Ive only gamed tthe r11 a few times, also not sure what the weight of the stock shaft was.

Interested in matching shafts for fairway woods as well, if you need more info for that I'll gladly provide. Thanks in advance!

Answer: Check the set up lenght and find your spot to get a better contact consitentcy. Definitely need to play in the S/X sublfex to lower your flight a hair.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b][b]3...more in the summer(I'm a teacher) and less in the winter[/b][/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]range 1-2 times a week[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [b]R11 Driver 9* TM Kai'li stiff, neutral, 10g heel and 1 g toe[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b]Smooth[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [b]7[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? trying to find the best fit for my swing. [b]Just turned 40 so my swing speed has slowed a bit[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)?
( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]Best shaft fit for me...I do have trouble playing into the wind and keeping the ball down[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? [b]fade, slice...sometimes a hook when I step on it
Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? center heel[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?[b] slight draw or fade[/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]Arkansas.. bermuda fairways..windy days 30% of the time or more[/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [b][b]Average 5-11 height, average build, avg posture[/b][/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]LGMed.[/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [b]Would like it to look like Adam Scott's[/b]
13. etc. The more the better it become. [b] Probably about an 8 handicap...shot my best round last week of a 74 and then when out 2 days later and threw up a 90 in very windy conditions.[/b]

Here's my fitting info from yesterday using a Taylormade R11 with 2 different shafts:

[url="http://www.taylormadegolf.com/fitting-and-demo/custom-shafts"]TM Diamana Kai'li Stiff[/url](shaft spec link)

SS- 89
Ball Speed- 128
Spin-3300
Launch-13
Carry-220
Distance 233

TM Blur 60 Stiff
SS-87
Ball Speed 123
Spin- 2600
Launch 15.5
Carry-218
Distnace-228

The fitter could not give me a print out but did write down the above #'s for me. The fitter said that I was a "tweener" as far as shaft flex. He also said I could benefit from using a shaft with a higher torque. My concern is that most higher torque shafts launch the ball higher which could hurt into the wind. Any suggestions?

Answer: Definitely find a spot to play it shorter set up for better contact. Launch is not to high base on LM, infact the Kaili a bit on the low side. You need a softer flex slightly on the kaili, but you also need to check your attack angle for lowering the spin. Anything below 3000 is good for you IMO.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b]4-8x[/b]
How often you practice in a month? 4-[b]6x[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]7[/b]

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? [b]No[/b]
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! [b]Titleist 710 AP2 w/ DG TI S400 Stiff flex. Standard[/b]
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine? [b]No. [/b]
4. How do you hit them so far? [b]Good but Occasional hosel shot. [/b]
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? [b]Center face contact[/b]
6. What do you like to see on your ball flight? [b]Trajectory is good. straight. [/b]
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? [b]Straight to slight draw. [/b]
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? [b]Miss right on the heel side. [/b]
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? [b]More high than low but hogher with the AP2s. [/b]
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? [b]Hit 5 iron 175-180 consistently. [/b]
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players. [b]I thought standard[/b].
13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. ML cadet
14. How tall are you? [b]5'11"[/b]
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? [b]Medium to deep[/b]
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? [b]Westwood but no chicken wing[/b]
17. What is your handicap index? From? [b]9.6[/b]
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing? [b]Medium to quick. Been told shaft load is good.
[/b]
Answer: Incomplete!

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? -[b]no[/b]
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! - [b]Adams V3
[/b]3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?[b] Driver only, only know swing speed so no help.
[/b]4. How do you hit them so far? Slight draw, to pretty big draw, tend to be high with little roll.
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? [b]Hit straighter, or be able to put a fade or draw on the ball when I choose to, basically more control.[/b]
6. What do you like to see on your ball flight?[b]. Trajectory and Straight[/b]
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day [b]High with little roll.[/b]
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? . [b]Tend to be on the right side. Get into a groove of consistently hitting the sweet spot, but then quickly get out of it.[/b]
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? [b]high ball hitter[/b]
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? [b]230-240[/b]
11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on?[b]33[/b]
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? [b]39[/b]
13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove-[b]XL HAND 9", MIDDLE FINGER LENGHT 4"[/b]
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? [b]Shallow[/b]
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?[b] John Daly,
[/b]17. What is your handicap index? From? [b]Not sure.
[/b]18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing?[b]Quick Tempo I've heard my load factor is pretty good from a local pro, don't have any numbers for you or anything

Answer: Incomplete data
[/b]

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 3-5 times a month in season
How often you practice in a month? 3-4 times
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 8

1. What is the club existing set up? Callaway FT-9 neutral 9 degree with Diamana Blueboard 63 stiff
2. What type of swinger are you? Somewhat quick tempo but a fairly smooth swinger
3. What is your handicap 6.1 with most mistakes coming off tee and around the greens
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Misses are almost always low and left. Occasional block but thats a swing flaw:)
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? No sessions, just some testing on the monitor at the local Golf Galaxy. Swing speeds were 103-110 on average.
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Straighter flight with a little more workability ( hard to fade current set-up )
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Low and left are the general driver misses.
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Straight with a slight draw
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Eastern Pa. This summer, soft slightly shaggy fairways. Dry in spring and ball rolled a ton. Not now though
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. 5' 10" 220 stocky build. Muscular arms and legs but getting older ( Just turned 40 )
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. Cadet Medium Large on almost all brands
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Look like, Camilo Villegas ( but I weight 50 pounds more ). Want to have, Watney or David Toms
13. etc. The more the better it become. I would like to get my game to a low handicap again. i was a 2.4 in mid 90's with a much worse swing than I have now. Short game was amazing back then. Technology has let me keep up my distance with the long clubs but mid-long irons definitely shorter but thats OK. Swing improvement is worthwhile trade off
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/page__st__600#"][color="#353535"]View Sig[/color][/url]

answer: Incomplete data!

XR16 pro Kiyoshi White 60S
XR16 pro 16 Speeder 765s
Cleveland Launcher 21 Rifle 6.0
<br />2013 X Forged PXi 6.0 4-pw<br />MD chrome 50, MD Chrome 54, MD2 Slate 58<br />Versa BWB #1 W 34"

[color="#2A2A2A"][size="2"]I play 8 times a month, and practice for about 90 minutes 12 times a month. [/size][/color]
[color="#2A2A2A"][size="2"]My swings are about 80% consistent (I hit 10-11 fairways of 14 per round).[/size][/color]
[color="#2A2A2A"][size="2"]I currently play a Callaway I-mix FT-9 8.5* with a Matrix XCON-6 shaft, x-flex, 45 inches. Have also played Ping I15 8*, Cobra Pro S 9.5*, Titleist 910 D3 8.5* all with stock x-flex shafts.[/size][/color]
[color="#2A2A2A"][size="2"]I have a quick tempo. I would say I am a medium loader.[/size][/color]
[color="#2A2A2A"][size="2"]My handicap is 8, and I am fairly consistent with the driver, about 80% good swings, and bad swings are not severely off line.[/size][/color]
[color="#2A2A2A"] [/color]
[color="#2A2A2A"][size="2"]Current problem is high spin off the driver and losing distance in both carry and roll.[/size][/color]
[color="#2A2A2A"][size="2"][b]
[/b][/size][/color]
[color="#2A2A2A"][size="2"][b]I recently did a launch monitor session on a Zelocity PureLaunch monitor at a Golf Galaxy. I did this with an R11 TP 8* set to the "lower" position (making it 7*, 1* open), x-flex stock Blur TP shaft. My numbers were great for me with this club (252 carry, 278.5 total), and want to make sure there is not a better option before I buy one. I am wondering if I would be better off with a low lofted driver like a 7.5 Adams 9064 LS[/b][/size][/color]
[color="#2A2A2A"][size="2"][b]
[/b][/size][/color]
[color="#2A2A2A"][size="2"]Swing speed average 104 MPH (100-109 range) [/size][/color]
[color="#2A2A2A"][size="2"]Launch angle average 15.8* (12.4-18.8-Notably my best results were with the 18.8 launch, which gave 1,978 spin. 289 total distance) [/size][/color]
[color="#2A2A2A"][size="2"]Ball speed average 151.2 (149.9-154.4) Spin rate average 2,220 (1,978-2,703) Path in to out No side spin given, but deviation was listed as 4.2 Left[/size][/color]
[color="#2A2A2A"][size="2"]I am trying to get a low spin rate to achieve a more penetrating flight with better roll.[/size][/color]
[color="#2A2A2A"][size="2"]My contact is relatively consistent.[/size][/color]
[color="#2A2A2A"][size="2"]I live in Wisconsin[/size][/color]
[color="#2A2A2A"][size="2"]I have a thin build: 5' 11", 150 lbs.[/size][/color]
[color="#2A2A2A"][size="2"]Glove size is medium.[/size][/color]
[color="#2A2A2A"][size="2"]My swing is too upright when I am off, but on a good day it is just a bit upright and works well for me.[/size][/color]
[color="#2A2A2A"][size="2"]I would appreciate your advice. I would be happy to buy the club from you if you have what would work well for me.[/size][/color]
[color="#2A2A2A"][size="2"]Thanks[/size][/color]

Answer: At 2200 is already on a TO LOW kind of Spin rate. At 2700 is slightly above ideal. The only thing i see is a bit to high on LA. Your ideal LA would be around 12-13 with 2200-2500 spin rate at 105-110 SS. Hard to say here what is wrong without seeing you swing or play ( how you set up the ball and hit it)

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month?
[color="#006400"]twice a week or 8 times a month
[/color]How often you practice in a month?
[color="#006400"]3 to 4 times
[/color]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.[color="#006400"]
8 with the driver[/color]

[color="#006400"]Titleist 909 D3 9.5 with a stock Aldila VooDoo Stiff
[/color]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [color="#006400"]
Smooth tempo light loader[/color]
[color="#006400"]7
[/color]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?
[color="#006400"]Feel that I am not getting the max distance out of my current setup.
[/color]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"][color="#353535"]flightscope[/color][/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b] [b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.

[/b][color="#006400"]104.5 Club Head speed, 152 Ball Speed, 15* degree launch angle, 2362 Spin Rate[/color]

[color="#006400"]added distance
[/color]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?
[color="#006400"]balloon cut/slice, high on the club face
[/color]8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?
[color="#006400"]dead straight to slight fade
[/color]9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?
[color="#006400"]I am from Dayton, Ohio typical ohio courses lots of trees and generally hearty turf.
[/color]10. Body build and postures? height? etc.
[color="#006400"]5'8" 180
[/color]11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.
[color="#006400"]cadet medium
[/color]12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?
[color="#006400"]Freddy Couples
[/color]13. etc. The more the better it become.

Answer: More on the swing issue than club issue here IMO. Yes lowering LA a hair would give you a better carry, But that is more of the swing IMO, because the spinrate is good already

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for doing this Joe.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 5 times
How often you practice in a month? 5 times
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? 8

1. What is the club existing set up? Ping i15 9.0 UST Axivcore Red 69 S.
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Quick change of direction, heavy load
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? +1.1. 7 for consistency. 9 for striking ability. The quick change of direction and steep angle of attack cause inconsistent days
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Launch angle is too low and total height is also low, but I love my driver clubhead.
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)
Yes. I don't know what kind. SS is around 102, but seems to be going down with age (40). Launch angle around 9.3 - 10.1 (too low), ball speed 148, spin 2900-3200. Height of ball if I remember was about 50 feet. I work on width and staying back all the darn time.
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Higher launch while keeping spin down.
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Pull hook, generally hit center of club.
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Draw. Almost never fade it.
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Washington DC area. Soft and wet most of the year, but firm in summer.
10.Body build and postures? height? etc. 6'0", 235
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. Cadet Large
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? Tim Herron, Darren Clarke

Trying to find a shaft that launches higher without adding too much spin.

Answer: Higher loft ed club with high kick lower spin shaft and watch your attack angle and check set up lenght for better control on the attack angle .....that would be the answer here IMO.

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? yes, 1 degree upright
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! PING S56 Yellow (1.5 up) std length KBS Tour Stiff
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. Trackman 9/25 6 iron launch 16.9 swing 82 mph ball speed 112 carry 158 spin 6,800 rpm
4. How do you hit them so far? pretty well
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? Spin too high, some ballooning
6. What do you like to see on your ball flight? Similar flight as now
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? slight fade, mid flight
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? Miss tendency right; some toe misses on short irons
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? low/mid
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? 168-170 yards 83-84 mph head
11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players 30"
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players 34"
13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. Cadet Med
14. How tall are you? 5' 11"
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? med to deep
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? no one; I tend to cross the line at top, club to parallel, a bit of flying right elbow (RH glofer)
17. What is your handicap index? From? 12 now was 5 years ago
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing? medium tempo

Really like the feel of the KBS or Dynamic Gold, but Dynamic Gold too heavy, Tried DGSL but don't like feel.

Good numbers with PX but a little harsh

Also tried C-TAPER stiff---much too stiff, spin actually didn't go down faded more

thanks in advance

Answer: SHIMADA Tour...however if you said the S taper not lowering your spin by much....That must be either LM machine issue or your swing.

PING G430 LST 10.5 Ventus Velocore Blue 6S

Titleist TSR2 15 Tensei 1K Black 75S

Titleist TSi2 18 Ventus Velocore Red 7S

PING G430 #5 Hybrid HZRDUS RDX Red 6.0 

Artisan FC 5-7 Axiom 105S

Artisan HC 8-PW Axiom 105S

Artisan 50S and 54S Dynamic Gold S300

Vokey SM8 raw 58-12D Dynamic Gold S200

PING Custom PLD Anser X stainless/Oyster

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to do this the best that I can. I was on a launch monitor at GS recently, but didn't get all of the data. If you need more information, I understand.

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]General questionnaire:[/size][/color][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]How often you play in a month? 4-6 times[/size][/color]

How [size="2"][color="#1C2837"]often you practice in a month? 8 times [/color][/size]

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? 5[/size][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Driver fitting questionnaire:[/size][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc) Adam Fast 10 10.5*, 46.125", [/size][/color]Aldila Wasabi 55g, Matrix HD 60g

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? smooth tempo, light loader?[/size][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? 15 Handicap. 15 years away, need more consistency. [/size][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Need more carry. Too much backspin according to GS fitter, that may be a swing issue though. [/size][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, [/size][/color][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]It was a GS monitor. Average was 85, high of 89, don't recall the Ball Speed was 157-160, Spin rate on current driver is 4400 PRM.[/size][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Less spin, and longer carry.[/size][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? I block it or hit a toe draw. Swing issues. [/size][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? off the toe [/size][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? a slight draw [/size][/color]

[size="2"][color="#1C2837"]9. What type of course condition you are playing most? can be either dry or wet, mostly windy where I live[/color][/size] [size="2"][color="#1C2837"]Where are you from? Chicago [/color][/size]

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]10.[/size][/color][size="2"][color="#1C2837"]Body build and postures? height? etc. 5' 8", 150, Athletic[/color][/size]

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. Small[/size][/color]<

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? Sergio without the swing speed...I drop the club under the plane on my downswing.

Answer: Incomplete data...plus impossible the ball speed in relation to SS. something wrong on the machine set up.
[/size][/color]

Ping G430 HL 10.5*

Wilson Staff Dyna Power 5 wood
Ping 410 7 wood
XXIO 10 5 Hybrid, Tour Exotics 6 Hybrid
Wilson Staff DynaPower forged 7-GW

Wilson Staff 56*

Wilson Staff 60*

Bettinardi BB0 TRI DASS Skull and Bones 2023 33" 

Like Edberg's forehand, my swing is held together with a paperclip and a rubber band.

[size="2"]Joe,[/size]

[size="2"]Thank you in advance for your help.[/size]
[size="2"]I have been fitted with Mitsubishi Kai'li for my woods (70 stiff for my driver and 80 stiff for my fairway woods, bothcut 0.5" from standard specs) and I am extremely happy with them. UnfortunatelyI cannot find iron shafts that are equally satisfactory both in terms of feel and numbers (i.e. "optimal" consistency, distance etc.). I have done some tests and the outcome is as follows.[/size]
[size="2"]· [/size][b][size="2"]KBS Tour 90 [/size][/b][size="2"](which I am currently using): good feel, a bit too light, trajectory too high,tip too active which means inconsistent ball contact (both thin and fat).[/size]
[size="2"]· [/size][b][size="2"]TT Dynamic Gold SL[/size][/b][size="2"]: I have tried R300, S300 and S300 soft stepped, in all cases I don't like the feel at all. I cannot "feel the clubhead", the shaft feels "boardy" and unresponsive.Good trackman data.[/size]
[size="2"]· [/size][b][size="2"]TT Dynamic Gold S300: [/size][/b][size="2"]decent feel, solid contact but too heavy and I lose quite a bit of distance.[/size]
[size="2"]· [/size][b][size="2"]TT Dynalite Gold R300: [/size][/b][size="2"]way too high and inconsistent.[/size]
[size="2"]· [/size][b][size="2"]TT Black Gold: [/size][/b][size="2"]outstanding feel and ultra-solid contact with mid-irons, too light in short irons, too heavy in long irons.[/size]
[size="2"]· [/size][b][size="2"]TT Dynamic Gold XP R300: [/size][/b][size="2"]trajectory too high, feel ok, somewhat inconsistent ball contact.[/size]
[size="2"]· [/size][b][size="2"]Project X fligthed 5.0: [/size][/b][size="2"]trajectory way too high in long irons, feel not great.[/size]
[size="2"]· [/size][b][size="2"]Project X 5.5 graphite shaft (Mizuno's offering): [/size][/b][size="2"]good feel, decent Trackman numbers but trajectory too high to my liking, a bit light, not sure about consistency.[/size]
[size="2"]· [/size][b][size="2"]Nippon NS Pro 950 both regular and stiff: [/size][/b][size="2"]unpleasant feel (vibrations?), bad Trackman numbers.[/size]

[size="2"]Here are my answers to your questionnaire.[/size]
[b] [/b]
[b][size="2"]General questionnaire:
[/size][/b][size="2"]How often you play in a month? [b]4-5 (18 holes each)[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]5-6 (4 hours sessions, half short game and half full swing)[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best)? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]7[/b]
[/size]
[b][size="2"]Iron fitting Questionnaire:
[/size][/b][size="2"]1. Do you have a dynamic fittingbefore? lie angle? [b]Yes, 6 iron 61°[/b]
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! [b]Mizuno MP52, standard lofts (6 iron 30°),1° flat, 6 iron length 37.50", 6iron weight 260gr., KBS Tour 90 shafts, stiff flex, swingweights: D4 short irons, D3 mid irons, D2 long irons.[/b]
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers(detail)? what brand of machine? DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.[b]Trackman data, range balls, averages as follows with 6 iron. CLUB DELIVERY. Club speed: 80.2mph, angle of attack: -2°,club path: 1.5°, vert. swing plane 56°, horiz. swing plane: 0°, dynamic loft:25°, face angle: 2°. BALL LAUNCH. Ball speed: 108mph, smash factor: 1.4, vert.angle: 19°, horz. angle: 2.4°, spin rate: 6400rmp, spin axis: 2.3°. MAX HEIGTH.Dist. 89yds, height 24.7yds, side: 4yds. LAST DATA POINT. Length: 148yds, side8yds, height 2.4yds, time: 4.9s. CARRY FLAT. Length 150yds, side: 9yds, vert.angle: -44°, ball speed: 60mph, flight time: 5.3s.[/b][/size]

[size="2"]4. How do you hit them so far? [b]Too high (to my liking), especially the short/mid irons. Inconsistent contact due to soft tip. Too much spin.[/b]
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? [b]Please see the first paragraph above.[/b]
6. What do you like to see on your ball flight? [b]Mid to low trajectory, optimal spin [/b][/size]
[size="2"]7. What is your ball flight tendencyon your good golfing day? [b]Mid-high.[/b]
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problemcatching the sweet spot? where? [b]Typical error is (slight) push-fade.[/b]
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? [b]Mid height.[/b]
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carrydistance )? [b]About[/b] [b]165yds for a 5 iron. Please see Trackman data for swing speed with 6 iron.[/b]
11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH playervice versa on LH players. [b]I am happy with my current club length and lie angles (I have already been fitted for that).[/b]
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH playervice versa on LH players [b]Same as above.[/b]
13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]Medium[/b]
14. How tall are you? [b]5.7"[/b]
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker?[b] Shallow[/b][/size]
[size="2"]16. Who do you think your swing looklike compare to PGA Tour players? [b]Luke Donald (I wish…[/b][/size][b][size="2"]J[/size][/b][b][size="2"])[/size][/b]
[size="2"]17. What is your handicap index?From? Currently [b]5.7, in the[/b] [b]past few years it has been in the 4.4-6.0range.[/b]
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft loadfactor on your down swing? [b]Medium tempo but I am told I load the shaft quite aggressively starting from the beginning of the backswing. High speed pictures at impact have shown a considerable downward bend of the shaft. Consequently, I am told I need a firm tip shaft to minimize fat/thin shots[/b].[/size]

[size="2"]So… Thanks again and I am lookingforward to your recommendation.[/size]
[size="2"]Ubaldo
[b]
Answer: 1st, 1 of the best filling up my questionnaire. It sounded you are a good candidate for SHIMADA Tour S flex and maybe bump your loft stronger a bit to get the ideal angle. I wish I could see your swing and give you a bit tips and trick s to get it where you need it to be and more consistent swing.[/b]
[/size]

WOW what a thread!!
Play 4 times a week, practise 3 times

Current set up is Cobra S3 with Stock made for Blur Stiff, TX006. Loft is 9 deg, set to neutral, 45.5", D5
Swing with a mid tempo but do load the shaft especially at the top of the downswing.
Handicap is 5, probably strike 2 out of 5 dead center with the rest moving towards the heel.
I have a major problem with high flight. As the following answers will describe!
I had a bit of a hit around last night using a flightscope the numbers for various clubs are below
Best
Geek DCT 9 deg 45" D2 86g Icon V2 X Stiff - Swingspeed 103mph, launch 12.0, backspin 2800, Side 417. Smash 1.30
Callaway Octane Black Tour 9.5, 45.5" D5 Project X 7c7 6.0 Stiff Swingspeed 107mph launch 12.9 backspin 2900 Side -216 smash 1.37
Titliest D3 8.5 deg, 45" D4 Titliest Ahina 72 Stiff, Set A1, Swingspeed 106.5 mph launch 13.5 backspin 3300 side 100 smash 1.34
Cobra S3 from above Swingspeed 105.5 Launch 13.6 spin 3700 side 115 smash 1.32
TM R11, 46" set closed, lower loft, 9.5 deg, D5 Blur 65 stiff. Swingspeed 106.6 Launch 12.9 backspin 4100 side -206 smash 1.33
Titliest D2 set A1 9.5 deg 45" d4, Titliest Ahina 72 stiff not the same one as was in the D3 though.. Swingspeed 105 Launch 14.5 Spin 5100(!) side -231 smash 1.34
TM Burner 2.0 46.5" 9.5 deg, D9 (from website) xcon 4.8 stiff. Swingspeed 109, backspin 4950 side 300 smash 1.32

of the above the Titliest d3 had by far the best feel, the geek had the best dispersion, the cally had the longest single shot and best impact tape, but i didn't like how compact the cally head is and it felt so 'harsh'

I wanna get more distance - I feel like for my swing speed and how solid my impacts are i dont get enough return? 106mph and i'm luck if i get 250 yards...
If i'm not playing well i overswing and come down a bit steep meaning the impact moves toward the heel, shanks are not out of the question... Normally high cut if the swing goes that way.

I play on a varied parkland course in the UK with changable conditions, can be wet and slow or dry and runny on a week by week basis...
Im 6 ' 2 " with slim build
Medium hand size
Good question - When i'm playing well i'm text book on plane and can normally just keep my hands in front of the ball at impact, if its a bad day then i can lose the wrist **** early and hit it with the arms... normally gives me a thin, prety rare nowadays though and wont be in any of the launch numbers above. I was striking it lovely then...

I had some success with a geek dc and an x flex prolite 35, unfortunately this broke after 3 glorious years... I love the feel of lightweight shafts and sort of have a mental barrier with x flex's? I think the clubhead speed suffers. I've tried a few times to just keep everything behind the ball but all that seems to happen is a super high launch, though the ballooning does reduce. Distance is still pathetic.

My pro is convinced my swing doesnt warrant the height i get and continually has a go at my driver and 3 wood set up, he's normally the last man to trick you into a sale. I was expecting greater things from the ahina (even the made for version) and it felt good through the swing and at impact. Poor numbers though. I'm tempted to try a devotion 6/whiteboard 63/or Motore f165, but am a bit confused about stiff or x stiff,

You might guess from the way i'm jumping around that i'm really struggling and clutching at straws a bit!!

Thanks and again big up for this thread!
[b]
ANSWER: You definitely need a tip stiff high kick design shaft, the real one, not MADE FOR. you can try it in an S flex tipped accordingly to fit your swing speed and profile.[/b]

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Iron fitting Questionnaire:

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? [b]Yes, at Cool Clubs in Scottsdale - 1° flat, 1° strong[/b]
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? [b]Mizuno MP68, 1° flat, 1 strong, KBS tour regular[/b][b]
[/b]3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? [b]Yes, Cool clubs (2009), Trackman, 6i SS 87 mph, Driver 98 mph[/b][b]
[/b]4. How do you hit them so far? [b]Fine - good contact, slightly too high with too much spin, occasional loss of distance[/b]
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? [b]Frequent pull right (i'm a LH player)[/b]
6. What do you like to see on your ball flight? [b]Mid-low trajectory, very slight draw [/b]
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? [b]Medium to high trajectory, straight[/b]
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? [b]Right side - pull (i'm a LEFTY) [/b] any problem catching the sweet spot? [b]Hit the ball thin when missing sweet spot[/b]
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? [b]With norm loft setup, I'm definitely a hight ball player[/b][b] [/b]
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? [b]175 yards carry with soft landing[/b][b]. [/b]
11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on?[b] unsure, but normal length for my size[/b]
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? [b]unsure, but normal[/b]
13. What is your glove size? [b]glove side is Medium[/b]
14. How tall are you? [b]5,10" - 180 lbs - reasonably fit, just ran NY marathon[/b]
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? [b]shallow - i tend to pick the ball[/b]
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? [b]Justin Rose/ Luke Donald - smooth easy tempo, no harsh transition, fairly constant swing.[/b][b]
[/b]17. What is your handicap index? [b]4.5[/b][b]
[/b]18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing? [b]Smooth tempo, insufficient shaft load factor, i tend to not compress the ball enough, and when I do, trajectory is often yet higher....[/b]

Hi Joey:[/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"] [/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]You actually fitted me for MP32s I believe a 3-4 years ago....[/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]
I'm about to bite the bullet and order my set of 712 AP2s for a change, and additional forgiveness (which I don't really need, but it's nice to have). I currently play Mizuno MP68 - which I have loved for the last 2-3 years, with KBS tour shafts, Reg flex. I tend to hit the ball on the higher side, so KBS has been a good option in my Mizunos. Living in Northern France (cold in winter time) has made KBS R flex a good option. I am 46 years old, currently carry a 6 iron 165 yds, and play off a 4.5 tcp, strike the ball well with a smooth to moderate tempo, but in no means fast. I tend to pick the ball clean with very shallow divot. I tested a friends 710 AP2 and struck them well, though with a high trajectory (NS Pro shafts, I think 1050 - Reg). I play at least 2 times per week, practice once.

My options (based on my current satisfaction playing previous clubs with KBS Tours (normal) in R-FLex, with my current clubs at 1° strong loft and 1° flat are:
KBS Tour (normal) - R flex - 1° strong, 1° flat - like my Mizunos
KBS C-taper in R flex - 1° flat, normal loft (lower trajectory?)
KBS Tour 90 series in Stiff flex, 1° flat, 1° strong.

I tend to like my clubs in the D2-D3 range.

What are the pros and cons of each setting? Your recommendation? I want to like c-tapers (they seem to be the cool thing these days, but if they're not appropriate,....).

Tks for your opinions[/size][/color]
[b]
Answer: A bit confuse here with your post. Jump around to much IMO :). Clearly if you are a high ball hitter, I wouldn't use a KB tour and R flex too. You can use a straight S flex IMO or at least just soft step once. Good candidate for Shimada Tour or PX 5.0/5.5. I suspect 87mph 6 iron a bit on the high side and not quite accurate.[/b]
[color="#1C2837"] [/color]

Driver is a Superdeep 10.5*, RIP 70 S set open, playing at 44.75" (butt cut)

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Yes, 2* flat standard loft (irons)
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Callaway Prototypes, 6.5 satin PX
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? Yes, Trackman, SS 113, BS 163, sidespin 325 (draw), backspin 3175
4. How do you hit them so far? Irons fine, driver is iffy. Too many wideouts when I step on it.
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? More consistent driver contact.
6. What do you want to see from ball flight? Driver... I want medium trajectory with a slight fade/slight draw.
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? Slight fade
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? Left... Big ballooning fades ... Right side... Low pull hooks when jumping on it and forcing it to turn over
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?medium height, typically.
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 205 off a tee, 195-200 off turf.
11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? unsure... Shorter legs
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? unsure... Shorter legs
13. What is your glove size? Medium
14. How tall are you? 5'6"
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? Medium
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? Mahan
17. What is your handicap index? 14.6
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing? Smooth back swing, and a hard firm downswing. Have no problem 'obliterating the ball' (expression from playing partners) as I move through it hard but not crazy. I load the club hard and fire through the ball leading with hips, divots typically aimed right at the target.
[b]
Answer: Not enough LM data but clearly you need an X flex and make sure the driver swingweight build correctly.[/b]

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2