For you guys asking for a help in picking a shaft!

joey3108

[color=#282828]1. What is the club existing set up? [b]Callaway Diablo Octane 10.5*, Neutral face, Aldila 85-X Shaft, Mid-Sized Grip, Cut down 1" [/b]
2. What type of swinger are you [b]I have a steep swing which results in hitting down on the ball slightly and lots of spin. I hit my current setup WAY too high. [/b][color=#00FF00] [/color][/color]
[color=#282828]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? [b]I would say it's a 7. I hit the ball in the middle of the club. The misses are high/low on the face. [/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b]90% of my misses are snap hooks. [/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? [b]Yes. This was last summer with a Callaway Razr Fit Driver, 8.5', 1' Open, and what was supposed to be (According to the fitter) a very low spinning shaft. 176 MPH Ball Speed, 13.5' Launch Angle, 2800 RPM Spin[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]Way less spin to minimize my misses and keep the wind factor to a minimum. [/b][/color]
[color=#282828]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good?[b] I start the downswing with my chest which results it coming way over the top and hitting a big huge fat cut. [/b][/color]
[color=#282828]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"][color=#0F72DA] flight[/color][/url][color=#282828]) that you like when you are playing good? [b]With my driver its the smallest of draws. Maybe 3 or 4 feet. It's[/b]
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit[b] The shape I hit is very pleasing to my eye I just wish I didn't hit it so high into the air. I need a much more penetrating flight. [/b]
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[b] My home course is long and narrow, with tree lined fairways. Tightly mown fairways and small greens. The fairways usually run out pretty nicely. [/b]
11. [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"][color=#0F72DA]Body build[/color][/url][color=#282828] and postures? height? etc. [b]6'1", 275 lbs. Fairly decent posture. I probably need to be a bit more upright. I played baseball in college and I'm quite athletic. [/b]
12. What is your glove size? [b]No idea but I play a midsized grip due to my familiarity with a baseball bat in my hands. [/b][/color]
[color=#282828]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"][color=#0F72DA]tour[/color][/url]? [b]No clue. [/b]
[color=#282828]14. etc. The more the better it become.[/color]

[color=#282828]My local course had the Taylormade guys doing a demo day today and I hit the R1 just for giggles. I mainly wanted to try some shafts. I don't really like the look or sound of Taylormade stuff but oh well. With a 9.5* face set on Neutral and a UST Mamiya VTS Proforce 7x shaft I really had a nice ballflight. It was far more penetrating than my current setup. I also saw my mises minimized quite a bit. The TaylorMade guy said it was one of the lowest spinning shafts that they had. The wind was blowing pretty good out on the range today and I hit about 30 balls with my current setup before hitting the R1 and the wind had much less affect on my ball with the new setup. [/color]

[color=#282828]I really liked the shaft but I didn't like the look/sound/feel of the R1. Are there any other shafts comparable to what I tried that you guys would recommend? [/color]

Answer: I need more detail LM info. Ball speed tell s me that you will need a X or XX flex.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all of the help. Here are my details

General questionnaire (A must for all fitting) :

How often you play in a month? 5 – 10 times
How often you practice in a month? 2-4 times
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best ? 8.5/10
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 8.5 index (standard USGA)
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Use to be Driver

Driver fitting questionnaire:

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please.
Taylormade R1 (8* all set to neutral. RIP Phenom Stiff Shaft)
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?
Quick temp with a heavy load at the top/
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability?
8/10. Above average ball striker
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?
My miss hits tend to be pulls and the shaft feels dead and loose.
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b] [b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b]
[b]Carry – 289[/b]
[b]Total – 296[/b]
[b]Smash – 1.43[/b]
[b]Club path 2.0* left[/b]
[b]Launch angle (Vertical) 10.5[/b]
[b]Launch angle (horizontal) 1.6 L[/b]
[b]Ball speed 169.6mph[/b]
[b]Club head speed 118mph avg[/b]
[b]Spin axis 1.5*[/b]
[b]Spin Back 3498rpm[/b]
[b]Spin Side 93 rpm[/b]

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?
More consistency with a better feel in the shaft. Want to feel the kick when the ball hits the face
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?
Tend to pull the ball
8. What is your shots tendency (ball[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/"] flight[/url]) that you like when you are playing good?
5 yard draw with all clubs, when its bad I dead pull it
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?
mid draw
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?
Links style courses
11. [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/"]Body build[/url] and postures? height? etc. 6’1 210 and athletic
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) 7 inches from wrist to end of longest finger
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/"]tour[/url]? Dustin Johnson

I have always hit x-stiff shafts with a lower loft, however, I'm willing to try different combinations. Traditionally I have only hit Titleist clubs but am currently trying out the TM R1.

Thanks again for all of the help.
Brandon

Answer: LM data tells me you need to get a X flex at least. So get on a LM again with X flex and post your number again here.

[color=#008000][b]Hi Joe, I've read many of your posts on these forums and learned a lot from you, it's much appreciated. [/b][/color]

[b]<Updated the post after a fitting with a professional fitter and a broken shaft.>[/b]

[color=#282828]General questionnaire ( A must for all fitting) :[/color]

[color=#282828]How often you play in a month?[/color]
[b][color=#008000]12-20 rounds[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]How often you practice in a month?[/color]
[color=#008000][b]4 evenings a week, and full days in the weekend.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.[/color].
[b][color=#008000]irons 9,5, driver 5[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?[/color]
[b][color=#008000]2 EGA (Low/Mid 70's)[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?[/color]
[b][color=#008000]Irons and wedges[/color][/b]

[color=#282828]Driver fitting questionnaire:[/color]

[color=#282828]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please[/color]
[color=#008000][b]Ping Rapture V2 9.5 degrees, Aldila VS Proto 'by you' 65gr X-flex Lenght: 45.75 SW: D4 [/b][/color]
[color=#282828]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader[/color]
[color=#008000][b]Smooth swinger and a gradual/light loader[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability?[/color]
[color=#008000][b]Never really hit it into trouble, but if it has to be the fairway I grab the 2 iron, even on the too long holes.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[/color]
[color=#008000][b]Shaft is broken;) Wasn't really fitted, yet felt pretty good.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [/color]
[b][color=#008000]Flightscope:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#008000]clubhead: 116.0mph [/color][/b]
[b][color=#008000]ball: 167.1mph [/color][/b]
[b][color=#008000]smash: 1,44[/color][/b]
[b][color=#008000]launch angle: 11.8[/color][/b]
[b][color=#008000]spin: 3652 [/color][/b]
[b][color=#008000]path: R0.2[/color][/b]
[b][color=#008000]time: 7.3[/color][/b]
[b][color=#008000]attack angle: -0.5[/color][/b]
[b][color=#008000]face angle: 0[/color][/b]
[b][color=#008000]spin axis 1.7[/color][/b]
[b][color=#008000](Indoor test was wierd, feels like I hit it a bit higher normally.)[/color][/b]

[color=#282828]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[/color]
[b][color=#008000]​The easier the driver goes straight the better, need to change because my shaft broke. [/color][/b]
[color=#282828]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club?[/color]
[b][color=#008000]Impact on miss hits towards the heel, have to focus not to come in over the top.[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url][color=#282828]) that you like when you are playing good?[/color]
[b][color=#008000]Dead straight. [/color][/b]
[color=#282828]9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?[/color]
[color=#008000][b]Medium height, sometimes a small fade sometimes a small draw, pretty straight.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [/color]
[b][color=#008000]Diverse courses, from links to park, central Europe.[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]11. [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url][color=#282828] and postures? height? etc[/color]
[b][color=#008000]6foot10, normal posture. A taller version of Geoff Ogilvy [/color][/b]
[color=#282828]12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)[/color]
[b][color=#008000]Large, 23cm (9.1inch) & 10cm (3.9inch)[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url][color=#282828]? at least who do you like it to be?[/color]
[b][color=#008000]Rhythm and path are very similar to Geoff Ogilvy as well as my body build.[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]14. etc. The more the better it becomes.[/color]
[color=#008000][b]I've had a fitting session yesterday. (was not allowed to photograph the data but remembered the important ones.)[/b][/color]

[b][color=#008000]He gave two recommendations that felt ok to me, the driver above still felt better so I bought nothing.[/color][/b]

[color=#008000][b]PING G25, 10.5, D3, 45,75", TFC 189D Tour X-stiff 64gr. Club: 114mph, Smash: 1.43, rpm 2500, Launch 12, attack: -1.0 (This one felt best, but had a higher more floating (instead of penetrating) flight than my old Rapture V2) [/b][/color]

[color=#008000][b]Titleist 913D2, 10.5, standard setting and SW, 45" The standard black shaft from diamana in x-stiff 62gr (The type was taped of but it looked to me as the D+ White, with those white flowers and white elipse that says diamana in black), Club: 112, Smash 1.41, rpm 2800, launch 11.5, attack: -0.8. It felt to light and the shaft a bit whippy at impact.[/b]

[b]The shaft I totally can NOT hit is the Aldila ProtoPYPE X (In a rapture V2 9deg head) it seems to bend in all the wrong places.[/b]
[b]Did hit some decent balls with an "OZIK 7M3 73gr X" unfortunately no data with this one.[/b]

[b]PS could play anything but Taylor Made, never worked post R7;) [/b][/color]

[b]Thanks for this Topic![/b]

answer: try shorter set up for better striking on sweetspot. higher kick point shaft should help to. heel shots tells me the set up to long ofr you.

I am looking to get an upgraded shaft for my Titleist 913... I was considering the Oban Kiyoshi series in black or white...

Here is the questionnaire that Joe recommended I fill out:
Driver Fitting Questionnaire

I am an assistant at a club in Florida but haven't ever actually been fit for a driver. I'm interested in an Oban shaft if you think it fits me properly.

General Questions:
I tend to play around once or twice a week and practice two or three other days a week (trying to practice more but long hours working at the course gets in the way). I am trying to get to where I can play mini tours regularly.
On a scale, I think my swings consistency is a 6.
I am currently a 3 handicap using the FSGA handicap system.
Strength of my game is my hybrids and long irons and putting.
I am 5'10" - 220lbs and over-weight

Driver Questions:
Clubs existing set up is as follows:
Head: Titleist 913D3 9.5 degrees (adjusted open and down to 8.75)
Shaft: (Stock Titleist) Mitsubishi Rayon S+ 62 (Stiff, 64 Grams, 45 inches) it is a mid/high launch and mid/high spin shaft.
I would say that I have a slightly quicker than normal tempo and I moderately load the shaft.
On a scale, I would roughly say my swing is a 6 in regards to consistency.
Launch Monitor Results: (averages)
Swing Speed: (104)
Launch Angle: (12.9)
Ball Speed: (151.4)
Total Spin: (2288)
Side Spin: (-689)
Back Spin: (2167)
Attack Angle: (37 degrees)
Offline: (-42.32 yards)
Peak Height: (33.85 yards)
Smash Factor: (1.456)
My current set up launches the ball rather high directly off the face and I get very little roll in soft conditions. I would like to bring the ball flight down some but not lose the carry and hopefully gain some roll. I have major issues hitting it in wind, even teeing the ball lower I have difficulty launching it lower.
My mistakes are generally a big push/block with a slight fade or a hard pull hook. Occasionally will hit it off the heel and thin.
When I am playing well I typically hit a slight draw. I have issues hitting a cut (on purpose) and am working on being able to hit a cut on demand.
I am in Florida. And my home course is rather soft but also occasionally play in heavy wind. I would like to have a more piercing ball flight but not lose the carry that I have.
5'10" stocky... I have issues slumping my shoulders and I'm working on being a little more upright.
Cadet Medium or Regular ML
Jason Dufner

I really appreciate your help.

Answer: LM data tells me nothing is wrong. You can always try a higher kick point shaft tipp a hair for strong S flex

Would love some help narrowing down shaft options. I've been to a few different stores and decided on a 913 d2 and 913 fd... but after several launch monitor sessions, I'm not convinced the stock shaft offerings are right. Any help or insight would be very helpful:

[color=#282828]How often you play in a month? 5-7[/color]
[color=#282828]How often you practice in a month? 5-19[/color]
[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? 7[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? approx 7 (golfshot)[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? all pretty equal, nothing really stands out as being better.[/color]

[color=#282828]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) Taylormade '09 Burner, UST AxivCore black 69 Tour Stiff. 46"[/color]
[color=#282828]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Smooth, good load.[/color]
[color=#282828]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? consistency about 7, miss-hit is below center and/or heel[/color]
[color=#282828]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? would like less spin and more distance (I like the feel though)[/color]
[color=#282828]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM? [/color]Numbers from Bridgestone ball fitting (not sure which LM it was). Head Speed 103, Ball Speed 138, launch angle 14, total spin 2900. On the course I average about 250 yards with a high fade, without too much roll.
[color=#282828]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? less spin (straighter, more piercing ball flight). More distance without sacrificing dispersion.[/color]
[color=#282828]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? My miss is a slice. On a great shot I have a 2-5 yard fade, on bad shots, it turns into a 10 yard high, weak, slice. I miss the ball low on the club face and/or towards the heal.[/color]
[color=#282828]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url][color=#282828]) that you like when you are playing good? Good shots are 2-5 yard fade.[/color]
[color=#282828]9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? High, fade.[/color]
[color=#282828]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? SoCal.[/color]
[color=#282828]11. [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url][color=#282828] and postures? height? etc. 5'9" 160lbs. average build[/color]
[color=#282828]12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) Medium cadet[/color]
[color=#282828]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url][color=#282828]? at least who do you like it to be? Webb Simpson, would like to be more like Adam Scott ;)[/color]
[color=#282828]14. etc. The more the better it become. I've tested the 913 with the S+62 and Phenom 70 both in regular and stiff. The Phenom 70 stiff gave me the best numbers, but felt a bit heavy, stiff. Some have suggested the Phenom in 60s or the D+ 62s, but I haven't been able to try them or any other upgrade shafts that Titleist offers (i.e. Fujikura Motore, UST Vts, Fubuki, etc.). I know a launch monitor fitting would be the best option, but for some reason it's hard to find a fitter that has a good cross-section of shafts with the 913 adapter on them.[/color]

[color=#282828]Thanks in advance for your help.[/color]

Answer: It looks like you need to experiment a bit on tee height and ball position and at 46"....you better make sure it build correctly, which most likely not.

How often you play in a month?

10 times

How often you practice in a month?

10 times

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?

Length off the tee and ball striking with irons

[color=#282828]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please.[/color]

Taylormade R11 9 degrees extra stiff I think it plays at around 44.5 inches and it has 1 gram weights in the head and heel rather than the stock 10 gram in the toe with 1 gram in the toe. The shaft is an Aldila RIP Alpha 60 in X flex.

[color=#282828]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?[/color]

I have a quicker tempo with a fair amount of lag / loading.

[color=#282828]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability?[/color]

[color=#282828]8 [/color]

The shaft feels like a board and I feel like at the end of rounds it just wears me out and even though I can still load it, I just can't swing smoothly. Additionally, I have this miss where I hit these high block fades when my miss before this shaft was a low hook.

[color=#282828]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [/color][color=#0000FF]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color][color=#282828]?[/color][color=#0000FF] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color][color=#282828] [/color][b][color=#FF0000]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b][color=#282828] [/color][color=#FF0000][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b][/color]

Foresight launch monitor 110 mph swing speed, 15.4 degree launch angle, 159 ball speed, Total Spin 2200 Back Spin 2060 Side Spin -499

[color=#282828]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[/color]

A better feeling shaft with similar low spin characteristics that I can maybe control a little more. I'm thinking of buying a Titleist 913 so if any of the shaft offerings for that driver would fit me that'd be nice. Additionally, I'm curious if the AD DI 6X would be a good fit.

[color=#282828]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[/color]

block fade late in the round, low hook early in the round.

[color=#282828]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url][color=#282828]) that you like when you are playing good?[/color]

I work the ball both ways depending on the hole but I would say my best driving days/holes are when I can hit a mid to high draw.

[color=#282828]9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?[/color]

High fade is much easier to hit.

[color=#282828]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[/color]

Austin Texas so you can imagine, hard and dry fairways.

[color=#282828]11. [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url][color=#282828] and postures? height? etc.[/color]

Tall and lean, very athletic build 6'1'' around 175

[color=#282828]12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)[/color]

Large glove size 7.5 inches wrist to longest finger

[color=#282828]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url][color=#282828]? at least who do you like it to be?[/color]

I try to mimic Tiger's swing but I'm obviously not there yet. I am a 4 handicap.

answer: Try a heavier shaft set up for better control...might even try a slight higher kick point.

[quote name='c7015' timestamp='1366988430' post='6921959']
this thread should be locked ... nothing going on here ...
[/quote]
1. Read carefully my first post.
2. I have job and priority. Paying customers obviously got priority.
3. This is a free advice.
4. It doesn't make sense if I have to answer every reply right away. I always wait until I think it's worth to spend my time to reply.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

How often you play in a month? 8-10 rounds
How often you practice in a month? 8-10 ranges sessions
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 7
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 10
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? wedges

1. What is the club existing set up?
r11, 10.5 set to closed, AD-DI6 Stiff, 45, swing weight unsure but I swapped the weights to 6g less than standard
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?
Quick tempo, heavy load
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability?
5, can find center, but having face open is an issue
just seeing if there is an option with more consistency
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [color=#0000ff]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color=#0000ff] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color]
Trackman
114SS, 7Launch Angle, 163Ball Speed, 3100Spin Rate, 5.2Swing Path, -4.5AoA
Ability to close the face at impact better, i tend to leave it 5degrees open, More consistency, little higher launch
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?
High right slice, or hit it low on the face and low draw
8. What is your shots tendency (ball[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url]) that you like when you are playing good?
Draw
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?
Mid Draw
Minnesota Munis
11. [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url] and postures? height? etc.
Athletic, 5 10
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger?
M, 7 1/2, 3 1/3
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url]? at least who do you like it to be?

answer: Honestly, spend the money on a lesson first. something is wrong when you cant launch higher enough that 7* with 10.5* driver.

I am looking to replace my 910 D3 driver shaft. I am currently playing a Fubuki 63 x flex, but I think the tip is too soft. I also have a made for Titleist 'ahina in x flex, but I hate this shaft! It just doesn't agree with me. It seems to want to duck hool on me, when I try to fix this it hits a super high fade/slice. More consistency with the fubuki, but not enough in my opinion.

[color=#282828]How often you play in a month? [b]6 - 9 rounds[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]How often you practice in a month? [b]6 -9 times[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]7[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [b]10[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?[b] Irons[/b][/color]

[color=#282828]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please.[b] Titleist 910 D3 with Fubuki Tour 63 x flex[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing?[b] Heavy or light loader? Quick, heavy load[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? [b]7 on my bad days 9 on my good days[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b]I believe my current tip is too soft. Maybe the shaft is too light?[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [/color][color=#0000FF]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color][color=#282828]?[/color][color=#0000FF] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color][color=#282828] [/color][b][color=#FF0000]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b][color=#282828] [/color][color=#FF0000][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b][/color]
[color=#282828]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]More consistency, better accuracy.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[b] Low and right (when facing the face of the club)[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url][color=#282828]) that you like when you are playing good? [b]Mid [/b][/color]
[color=#282828]9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [b]Mid with a slight draw or fade based on the hole[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]Midwest, wet and dry, cold and hot.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]11. [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url][color=#282828] and postures? height? etc.[b]6'3, 225. Former power lifter/football player[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) [b]M/L [/b][/color]
[color=#282828]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url][color=#282828]? at least who do you like it to be? [b]No idea![/b][/color]

[color=#282828]Please let me know if I need to add more![/color]

Stealth 2+ 10.5 - Ventus Black 6X

Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5 - Kaili Blue 70 TX
PXG 0311X Gen 4 - Ventus HB 10TX

PXG 0311P Gen 3- 4 iron - HZRDUS Red 105 X
PXG 0311P Gen 3 - 5 to PW - Nippon 125 X
Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

Vokey Raw - 60K Low Bounce

Scotty Cameron X5R Flow Neck Torched Finish

[u]Hi Joe, thanks for the help! I am looking at different shaft options. [/u]

General questionnaire ( A must for all fitting) :

How often you play in a month? [color=#0000ff]10 - 12 times[/color]
How often you practice in a month? [color=#0000ff]10-12 times [/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 -[color=#0000ff] 6 or 7[/color]
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [color=#0000ff]NCGA (Nor Cal) 4.1[/color]
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? [color=#0000ff]Driver and Putter [/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? [color=#0000ff]Ping G25 8.0 loft, Tour S shaft. 45'' tipped 1/2 inch [/color]
2. What type of swinger are you ( [u][color=#0000ff]smooth people have said I swing like Justin Rose[/color][/u] or [s]quick tempo swinger [/s])? Loading factor on your swing? [color=#0000ff][u]Heavy - pretty aggressive getting to the ball [/u][/color]or [s]light loader[/s]?
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?[color=#0000ff] 7[/color] where is your striking ability?[color=#0000ff] 7 or 8[/color]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [u][color=#0000ff]I want tighter dispersion and less spin [/color][/u]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? [u][color=#0000ff]Ping Launch Monitor. SS 122 - 128. Launch angle 11 - 13 degrees. BS was around 183 (lowest 177 highest 189). Spin rate was in the 2700's. Attack angle was descending but don't remember exactly how much. [/color][/u]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [u][color=#0000ff]Tigher dispersion and role out in the fairway. My ball tends to stop dead when it lands. [/color][/u]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [u][color=#0000ff]Usually toe misses that hook. If tempo is off I still tend to hit on the center of the clubface but block out to the right or block/fade out of bounds.[/color][/u]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"][color=#0f72da] flight[/color][/url]) that you like when you are playing good? [u][color=#0000ff]Draw with peircing ballflight [/color][/u]
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [u][color=#0000ff]High Draw[/color][/u]
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [u][color=#0000ff]Fairways a little on the wet side - Fresno CA[/color][/u]
11. [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"][color=#0f72da]Body build[/color][/url] and postures? height? etc. [u][color=#0000ff]6'4'' - 200 pounds. Tall posture[/color][/u]
12. What is your glove size? [u][color=#0000ff]Large[/color][/u] What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers [u][color=#0000ff]8.5"[/color][/u] and length of your longest finger? [u][i][color=#0000ff]3.5"[/color][/i][/u]
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"][color=#0f72da]tour[/color][/url]? [u][color=#0000ff]I've been told Justin Rose.[/color][/u]

answer: try a XX flex mid kick low spin shaft.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

• 2 weeks later...

Joe, just a general question, with a bit of setup...

Just started playing again. Picked up an OEM driver on the cheap, and am hitting it farther than I can see and really straight.

As a clubfitter, can you take the specs from a player's driver shaft and extrapolate the data into building a similarly-performing set of irons? If so, is the best starting point the iron versions of the driver shaft make and model?

Thanks!
Games

answer: Yes and No! get fitted, a good fitter can tell.

Joe, new to the forum, and looking to tune up my iron play. I was recently tested on the Mizuno PFS tool, where they suggested the current shafts in my AP2's weren't a good match for me anymore (everything the system suggested was a stiff shaft (Dynalite gold XP S-300, KBS Tour Stiff soft stepped, and a PXI 5.0.) Additionally I have a second set of Nike's forged cavity backs that I bought without the shafts. I'm looking to put the right set-up in the Nikes, and then will likely change my AP2's as well if I can find a good match.

My iron spec's are below.
Thanks in advance for the help!

[color=#282828]How often you play in a month? 8-10[/color][color=#0000FF] times[/color]
[color=#282828]How often you practice in a month? 10-12[/color][color=#0000FF] times [/color]
[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 -[/color][color=#0000FF] 6 or 7[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [/color][color=#0000FF]GHIN 10.7[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? [/color][color=red][background=yellow]Iron[/background][/color][color=#282828]? Wedge? or putter? [/color][color=#0000ff]Driver, Chipping[/color][color=#282828].[/color]

[color=#282828]1. Have you had a dynamic [/color][color=red][background=yellow]fitting[/background][/color][color=#282828] before? lie angle? Loft? [/color][color=#0000ff]Yes - standard length, 2 degrees flat - standard player's club lofts (47 degree PW)[/color]
[color=#282828]2. What is the existing set up specs and [/color][color=red][background=yellow]shaft[/background][/color][color=#282828], etc? Detail please! -- [/color][color=#0000ff]AP2 710 - R300 --- Nike VRs Forged (2012) - Unshafted[/color]
[color=#282828]3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine? [/color][color=#FF0000][b]Mizuno Performance Fit systems - Speed 81, Tempo 4, Toe down 2, Kick angle 5, Release Factor 4[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]4. What is your existing complain on your current set up? - [/color][color=#0000ff]Not as consistent striking the ball as I'd like. Tend to miss the sweet spot to the inside occasionally.[/color]
[color=#282828]5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? -- [/color][color=#0000ff]I'd like to find a shaft that matches my tempo to help generate more consistent results. [/color]
[color=#282828]6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade? [/color][color=#0000ff]Looking for mid, boring ball flight - not too low, slight draw preference.[/color]
[color=#282828]7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? - [/color][color=#0000ff]can be a bit higher than I like[/color]
[color=#282828]8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? [/color][color=#0000ff]mistake tends to be left (right handed) --- tend to miss the sweet spot to the inside [/color]
[color=#282828]9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? [/color][color=#0000ff]High[/color]
[color=#282828]10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [/color][color=#0000ff]High Draw[/color]
[color=#282828]11. How far you hit a 5 [/color][color=red][background=yellow]iron[/background][/color][color=#282828] on a good no wind day? 5 [/color][color=red][background=yellow]iron[/background][/color][color=#282828] swing speed ( carry distance )? - [/color][color=#0000ff]175yard (in oregon at sea level) - don't know speed of 5 iron, but Mizuno fitting club speed is above - Driver speed 94-100[/color]
[color=#282828]12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players -[/color][color=#0000ff]- 31 inches[/color]
[color=#282828]13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players --[/color][color=#0000ff] 34 inches[/color]
[color=#282828]14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) [/color][color=#0000ff]-- Men's cadet medium - 7 inches[/color]
[color=#282828]15. How tall are you? [/color][color=#0000ff]5' 8"[/color]
[color=#282828]16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? -- [/color][color=#0000ff]Shallow to medium[/color]
[color=#282828]17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? --[/color][color=#0000ff] don't know -- can say that when my tempo gets too quick and I don't finish my backswing - bad things happen -- if I can keep my tempo consistent I play well. [/color]
[color=#282828]18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your [/color][color=red][background=yellow]shaft[/background][/color][color=#282828] loading factor on your down swing? --- [/color][color=#0000ff]See stat's above from fitting - but I'd speculate I'm a little on the quick side, and that I load it sort of early. My Driver shaft is a Matrix Ozik RUL 60.[/color]

[color=#282828]Thanks again[/color]

[color=#282828]Answer: I need LM data![/color]

• 2 weeks later...

How often you play in a month? [color=#ff0000]4-10 times [/color]
How often you practice in a month? [color=#ff0000]4-10+ times. I know the secret is out there.[/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [color=#ff0000]6-7[/color]
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [color=#ff0000]GHIN 11.1[/color]
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? [color=#ff0000]Irons and wedges[/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. [color=#ff0000]Adams Super LS 9.5 set to 10*, Kuro Kage Stiff, D2, 45", grips built up 1/32" [/color]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [color=#ff0000]Tempo measures around 3.0 using SkyPro[/color]
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? [color=#ff0000]6-7[/color]

[indent=1][color=#ff0000]Recently purchased this driver after a demo. I was having real problems getting distance out of my old driver (910D2 w/Attas Elements Prototype 6s, 9.5*) because of high spin rate (3000+) resulting in carry of 230 max with limited rollout. At the demo I hit the Adams 20 + yards [/color][color=#ff0000]further. However, on the course I have found that all my shots, even well struck ones, go right unless i deliberately try to turn the ball over. I have not been able to video my swing with the Adams, but my playing partner said that on every swing it looked the head never caught up at impact because it couldn't unload, i.e. too much flex. This was the case even on swings that felt correct. [/color][/indent]

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [color=#0000ff]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color=#0000ff] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color] [b][color=#ff0000]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b] [color=#ff0000][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b][/color]

[indent=1][color=#ff0000][b]Yes. Trackman. I don't have a print out, but these are the numbers as I remember them:[/b][/color][/indent]
[indent=1][b]SS: 102-106[/b][/indent]
[indent=1][b]LA: 12.5"[/b][/indent]
[indent=1][b]S[/b][b]pin rate: ~1800 (can't recall sidespin but it was slightly to the right)[/b][/indent]
[indent=1][b]+1-2* shaft lean at impact (via SkyPro)[/b][/indent]

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [color=#ff0000]Get club to unload so I can square it up at impact.[/color]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [color=#ff0000]Misses on this club seem to be low towards the toe.[/color]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url]) that you like when you are playing good? [color=#ff0000]Mid trajectory slight draw but can fade at will.[/color]
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [color=#ff0000]Fade, because if I try to draw it I often hook.[/color]
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [color=#ff0000]NC, private park land course with excellent conditions.[/color]
11. [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url] and postures? height? etc.[color=#ff0000] 6', 220 lbs (down from 235 in two months, yay me!), 25% body fat. I don't look my weight. My posture is very good. I have been a martial artist for many years and have very good flexibility for my age (49).[/color]
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) [color=#ff0000]Cadet ML, 8"[/color]
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url]? at least who do you like it to be? [color=#ff0000]Gary Edwin is my swing guru, so my swing models are Rod Pampling and Peter Senior.[/color] [color=#ff0000]My build is closer to Senior's than Pamplings.[/color]

14. etc. The more the better it become. [color=#ff0000]Not sure what to add but will happily answer any questions.[/color]

THANKS!

Answer: Demo a couple driver that has the same set up...if that problem is still happening, then you might wanna check your swing with your local pro. To low on your spin make it harder to keep the ball stay straight. So you can try to play it with more loft and see if you can get spin above 2200 and LA above 13.

Cobra F8+ Diamana Blue S
Taylormade M1 15º, 19° Matrix Black Tie S
Royal Collection BBD VS, Shimada S 4-P
Axis1 Tour, 35"
Ben Hogan 51º
Anthem 56°
Miura 59°

[color=#282828]How often you play in a month? [/color][color=#0000FF]4 - 9-hole rounds 3 - 18 hole rounds[/color]
[color=#282828]How often you practice in a month? [/color][color=#0000FF]after most 18 hole rounds and ~5 additional range sessions[/color]
[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? [/color][color=#0000FF]8[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [/color][color=#0000FF]index is 5.9[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?[/color][color=#0000FF] when playing well driver, hybrids, and putter, irons are most inconsistent[/color]

[color=#282828]Iron fitting Questionnaire:[/color]

[color=#282828]1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? [/color]
[color=#282828]2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please![/color]

[color=#0000FF]Yes, I currently play Taylormade Rac smoke MB TP irons 5i-pw 54* 58*, with PX 6.0 shafts, I bought them all standard L/L/L and had them bent to 2* upright[/color]

[color=#282828]3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Trackman - 7-iron Adams CMB - KBS C-taper Stiff, and KBS Tour Stiff - average carry 172, spin ~7500, swing speed 93 mph, impact -4.0*, ball speed 123mph[/color]

[color=#282828]4. What is your existing complain on your current set up?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]balooning especially into the wind... misses are usually slightly fat or slightly thin... good contact miss is usually a pull or hook[/color]

[color=#282828]5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]more solid contact, less hook, less spin, lower ball flight[/color]

[color=#282828]6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]lower[/color]

[color=#282828]7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Low[/color]

[color=#282828]8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]my miss on the left side more than the right... miss sweet spot probably 20% of full swings with irons 5-6 and 10% with irons 7-w[/color]

[color=#282828]9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?\[/color]
[color=#0000FF]I can usually hit it high or low if i set up for it... but typically it is high[/color]

[color=#282828]10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Mid fade[/color]

[color=#282828]11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]200 yards - 95-98mph[/color]

[color=#282828]12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players[/color]
[color=#0000FF]I'm a right handed player... 36" to knuckels (fist)[/color]

[color=#282828]13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players[/color]
[color=#0000FF]38.5"[/color]

[color=#282828]14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)[/color]
[color=#0000FF]ML - 7.5" - 3.25"[/color]

[color=#282828]15. How tall are you?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]6'3"[/color]

[color=#282828]16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Deep/medium[/color]

[color=#282828]17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]my address looks like Dustin Johnson, swing is my Charles Howell III[/color]

[color=#282828]18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Quick, high[/color]

[color=#0000FF]I can send you a video of me hitting a driver if that helps at all... would need a day to get a iron swing[/color]

[color=#0000FF]Answer: No LM Data! But I can tell that your swing that cause the balloon. Check with your local pro.[/color]

Hi you all!

This topic/post are sponsor by FLIGHTSCOPE! ( One of the best golf Launch Monitor in the market ).

I've noticed a lot of you guys asking for a help in picking up the shaft or grinds. However, a lot of you guys didn't give us enough detail info on your swing and existing shaft set up. We will be able to help you much better if you can provide us as much as possible info:

How often you play in a month? 6-8 times

How often you practice in a month? 10+ times

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? 8

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 5.0 in GHIN

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Driver (I hit ~75% fairways)

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. 9.5 degrees, Fubuki for TM (called "Driver Stock Shaft" in data posted below) , SW C9, 44.5 at 6.0 Freq.

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Medium tempo, slow transition, w late release

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 8

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Maybe just looking for a more optimal shaft to get more distance

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. Not sure what was used but have some recent data.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? No consistent miss

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? straight

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? Slight Fade

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? firm, high altitude at 5000 ft - 7400 ft., Northern New Mexico

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 5'10" slim build at 180 lbs

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) ML LH, 7.75", 3.25"

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Cross between Adam Scott and Ernie Els.

14. etc. The more the better it become.

Aldila below tested out at 7.0 freq and was tested at 9.0 degrees. Probably too stiff for my SS. I switched to the Fubuki TM shaft and adjusted to 10.0 degrees based on fitter recommendations for launch angle...

RandyDriverdata-1.jpg

Thanks,

Randy

Answer: You should post the new LM data from the new set up. Base on the LM DATA here...you should be in a better shape now. But my feeling you will need 10.5* loft instead of 9.5*.

• 3 weeks later...

How often you play in a month? 4-8 times
How often you practice in a month? 1-2 times
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best ? 7/10
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 14 USGA
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Short game

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please.
Taylormade '09 burner with the stock Fujikura Shaft (60g Stiff)
moderate tempo with a heavy load
7/10. I hit it solid, just have right to left misses a lot
a lot of body movement through the swing, not very consistent swing
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"][color=#0f72da]flightscope[/color][/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)
Nope
More consistency, lower launch, tighter dispertion
toe, sometimes heel
8. What is your shots tendency (ball[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/"][color=#0f72da] flight[/color][/url]) that you like when you are playing good?
very high fade
mid fade
midwest public style course
11. [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/"][color=#0f72da]Body build[/color][/url] and postures? height? etc. 6’1 200 and athletic
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) 6.5 inches from wrist to end of longest finger
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/"][color=#0f72da]tour[/color][/url]? Rory tempo with John Daly body movement.

Answer: I need LM data!

915D3 - D+ X
915F 15* 18* - S+ X
[i]716CB (3-PW) - X100
Vokey SM6 53* S400[/i]
[i]Mack Daddy PM 59* S400[/i]
Ping Anser Milled 1

I had a couple questions about shaft length.

I have a 46" shaft in my driver and from what I've read on this Forum, it seems like a 45" might aid with some accuracy.

If I switch to a 1" shorter shaft, how much loss is distance can be expected? As a ball park... Are we talking 10, 20, or 30 yrds?

Do I want to order a 45" shaft or is it safe to cut mine down 1"? If I cut mine by 1", how much stiffer will my shaft get?

Answer: It's not that simple. Get fitted properly and build the club properly...thats the way to go.

Epic Max LS - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10

Epic Max 7W  - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10
4- P  T100S LA Golf A Series - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall
Raw Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 58M S400 - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall

Vokey 64 Jimmy Walker S400 - BB and F Ferrule

Cameron Futura X11.5 - BGT Shaft - Super Stroke Flatso 1.0

How often you play in a month? 15-16 rounds
How often you practice in a month? 4-5 range sessions
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 6 What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 13.0L Trending up to 17.
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Driver and putter

1. What is the club existing set up? 2012 Cleveland Classic 290 in 10.5* Miyazaki C. Kua 43gr in 45" length; upgraded from 2011 Cleveland XL270 in 9.0* Miyazaki C. Kua 39gr in 46" length The XL was 10 yds longer but missed sliced right more
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Quick tempo fast transition to downswing, fair load
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 6-7, usually solid strike, trending towards the toe and a little high on face. I also hold face 5* open to compensate for out-to-in swing path.
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Always fight slice. Hard swings are straighter, but still fade. Correcting swing path results in straight low pull to the left. Even on good drives, ball flight is too low. Need more distance and more consistency
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) LM unknown (Dick's Sporting Goods), 10-13* Launch Angle, 135-145 Ball Speed, Head Speed 95-99 Swing Path 8-10* out-to-in, Face angle3-5* open.
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Easier to hit high and straight. More consistency, little higher launch
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Big High right slice, or correct swing path results in low pull left. Tend to hit ball solid, trending towards the toe.
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Straight or slight controlled fade, medium to high trajectory
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? Mid to high Fade
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Soft, wet Florida, soggy, thick grass, no roll
11. Body build and postures? height? etc. Athletic, medium 5 ' 9"
12. What is your glove size? Large
What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? 8", 3 1/4
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? My grip, tempo and swing look like Zach Johnson. Not his results, tho! I would just feel comfortable playing a controlled high fade instead of a wicked slice or straight pull left.

Answer: I need a complete DATA!

Driver: TaylorMade M1 9.5* Fujikura Pro60 S
4W: Cobra BioCell+ 16* Project X 6.0
Hybrids: Cobra T-Rail Baffler 19*, 22* Tour AD S
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 5i-PW, Shafts: XP105 R300
Wedges: Titleist SM5 50*,56*, 60*
Putter: Oddessey Tank Versa #7

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. Adams 9064LS 9.5 Oban Devotion, 6 04, D3, 45", not tipped
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Quick tempo, heavy loader
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 8, my miss is low and toe side of center
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Only issue is ball flight is just a hair high
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [color=#0000FF]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color=#0000FF] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color] [b][color=#FF0000]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b] [color=#FF0000][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b][/color][b][color=#000000]106ss, 12.5-15, 155-161, 2200-2600, inside to out, 200-600 side spin[/color][/b]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? lower flight and want more distance and roll out
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? over the top pull hook. My misses are low and toe side of center
8. What is your shots tendency (ball[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url]) that you like when you are playing good? tight draw
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? medium flight with a draw
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? varies, I live in North Louisiana. Its super hot and humid in the summer and rainy during the winter
11. [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url] and postures? height? etc.
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)ML glove. 8, 3.25
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url]? at least who do you like it to be? Not really sure

Answer: Heavier class with same specs (Dev 7) and tipped S flex 3/4".

Titleist TSi3 Oban Devotion 04
Titleist 910F UST Mamiya Black

Titleist 910H UST Mamiya Red
Mizuno MP-68 4-W KBS C Taper Stiff+
Mizuno MP T-11 52,56,60 KBS Custom Stiff
Ping Kushin 4
Titleist Pro V1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Joe,

Wondering if you can help me. I'm a 9 h'cap taking lessons from a Trackman guy and he hates my driver.I have a R9 TP 460 10.5 degree with a stock Motore Stiff flex. I cut it at the butt end to 44.25 inches because I am short, like 5'9". Steep angle of attack at -5.5, 98 MPH clubhead speed, 141 bal speed, 9.5 degree launch, 2931 spin, carry av is 215 with 247 total. best ball in my last lesson was 224 carry and 258 total. My Pro thinks the Motore S stock shaft is too loose at the bottom. I would say I load it up pretty good. I have video where the shaft is full load when my hands are at 9 o'clock and the shaft is vertical. Two frames later my hands are at 7 o'clock and the the shaft is completely unloaded (bending the other way). At impact it returns to straight. I hit the driver really straight so i'm trying to change to a new driver to pick up some yards. Tried a Ping G25 with10.5 with a Diamana Ahina S. I think that shaft has higher flex point but overall results were worse. Less carry and less total yards Any ideas?

Answer: If your pro complain that you need to change club and yet he know your swing is to steep and deloft the club at impact....get your self a new pro IMO.also make sure at 44.25" you still have enough feel from a proper swingweight. You can't just cut and call it the day.

I am unsure on some responses.. so I included a video from a range session this weekend:
[media=]http://vimeo.com/71749102[/media]

[b]TaylorMade '08 Burner TP 9.5*, Aldila DVS 80-X 43 1/4", tipped 1" - Never known swingweight.[/b]
[b]I think quick tempo, not sure about loading - see video.[/b]
[b]8ish[/b]
[b]Launch angle is too low - and generating too much spin[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [color=#0000FF]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color=#0000FF] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color] [b][color=#ff0000]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b] [color=#FF0000][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b][/color]
[b]Yes - Foresight[/b]
[b]Swing Speed - 111-113[/b]
[b]Launch Angle - 7-9*[/b]
[b]Spin Rate - 3300+[/b]
[b]Swing Path - In-Out[/b]
[b]Attack Angle - ? [/b]
[b]Side Spin - ?[/b]
[b]more optimal launch angle, and spin rates[/b]
[b]Pull hook[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url]) that you like when you are playing good?
[b]slight 10-15 yard draw[/b]
[b]Low. Draw.[/b]
[b]North Texas - pretty firm[/b]
[b]6'2, 195 - see video.[/b]
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)
[b]Mens M/L[/b]
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url]? at least who do you like it to be?
[b]Not sure... Keegan Bradley...?[/b]

Answer: Why you cut it that short and never knew what the sw is? looking at your swing, the driver might end up way to up right which making it even worst delofting at impact. Definitely your swing tell me that you sway a bit to far at impact position. Definitely need a good swing pro to help you out.

• 3 weeks later...

Been going round and round about drivers and shafts. Still not completely happy but im currently hitting a TM R1 with a Graphite Design DI-6s. Set at max draw bias, 13 degrees, face closed, and 10 weight on heel and 1 on toe. I come from hitting an r9 set at 10.5 and stock stiff shaft. I wanted to stay loyal to TM so i moved to the R1. I have hit the SLDR a litttle better. But still not great. I stayed on the swing monitor yesterday for about 2 hours working with the taylormade stuff and main difficulty was drawing the ball and getting the launch higher. Average launch was around 9. Yardage was 270ish. Swing speed was 107 avg. typically pushing ball to the right about 7 yards or so...
I was just looking for some insight on shaft selection. Im thinking of swapping to the SLDR just for the sound. I hate the hollow aluminum baseball sound... Its a mind thing...
Also considering a titleist 913d2 or Callaway xhot or optiforce.

How often you play in a month? Few times a week
How often you practice in a month?few times a week
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 8
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 10 on avg
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? 6 iron thru wedges then driver next inline then putting then long irons

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. Taylormade R1 with a graphite di6s shaft set full draw bias, face closed, 13 degrees, heavy weight in heel and light weight in toe
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?slow draw back with a quick down stroke and follow thru. Little heavy in loading
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability?7
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Pushing put to right, hard to draw, too low launch killing my yardage
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.
Swing speed on avg is 105, launch avg was 9, good ball speed and spin
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Better yardage, better ability to draw, less push out to the right, and higher launch
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Most ball contact is favoring the toe but just rite outside the sweet spot. Half ball in sweet spot half out. Most missies will be either pushed rite or pulled hard left due to over correction
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?straight and avg height
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? Prefer a high draw.... But have been hittin a low fade... Short irons i can do whatever i try
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Lately its been wet but prefer plush and somewhat dry. Im in alabama
11. Body build and postures? height? etc. slim and 150 pounds. 5ft 9inches
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) medium glove. Length from wrist to longest finger is 4". Longest finger is bout 3.25"
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Rickie fowlers looks good but mine is similar to fred couples

Thanks for the help man

Answer: Have you consider a good swing lesson? Just reading your post, your problem mostly in the swing IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

[color=#0000ff]Hey hey,[/color]
[color=#0000ff] So as is typical i am working on finding the best iron setup. I have done much hitting and trying.[/color]

[color=#282828]How often you play in a month? [/color][color=#0000ff]I have played 20+ times a month this year[/color]

[color=#282828]How often you practice in a month? [/color][color=#0000ff]I practice at least 3 times a week outside of my rounds[/color]

[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? [/color][color=#0000ff]7.5, improving quickly, my misses are thick and thin[/color]

[color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [/color][color=#0000ff]USGA handicap last 2 months between 7-11, this is steeply down from 16 when this year started, but i guess 90+ rounds can go a long way to helping things.[/color]

[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? [/color][color=#0000ff]Driver = putter > irons > wedges[/color]
[color=#282828]Iron fitting Questionnaire:[/color]

[color=#282828]1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? [/color][color=#0000ff]Yes, standard loft and lie +0.5 inch length[/color]

[color=#282828]2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please![/color]
[color=#0000ff]Adams Idea A7 with standard steel stiff shafts all standard except for length[/color]

[color=#282828]3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Trackman - 6i- Callaway x forged 2013 - PXi 6.0 - average carry 185, LA - 24 degress, spin ~7500, swing speed 93 mph[/color]

[color=#282828]4. What is your existing complain on your current set up?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]balooning especially into the wind... misses are usually slightly fat or slightly thin... good contact miss is usually slice[/color]

[color=#282828]5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]lower ball flight mainly but the ultimate goal is greater [/color][color=#0000ff]consistency[/color]

[color=#282828]6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Consistent but lower then current[/color]

[color=#282828]7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]High, quick stopping but you pull back spin[/color]

[color=#282828]8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where?[/color]
[color=#0000ff]Mistake tendency is generally a thick or thin shot which results in lost distance[/color]

[color=#282828]9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?\[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Uncertain[/color]

[color=#282828]10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]High with a slight fade[/color]

[color=#282828]11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]210 yards - 92-94mph[/color]

[color=#282828]12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players[/color]
[color=#0000FF]I'm a right handed player... 35.5"[/color]

[color=#282828]13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players[/color]
[color=#0000FF]37"[/color]

[color=#282828]14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)[/color]
[color=#0000FF]ML - 7.75" - 3.25"[/color]

[color=#282828]15. How tall are you?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]6'2"[/color]

[color=#282828]16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]medium[/color]

[color=#282828]17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]I found this a very difficult comparison, some say i look effortless like Els[/color]

[color=#282828]18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]I will let you determine, my shaft optimizer numbers were[/color]
[color=#0000FF]90 5 3 5 6[/color]
[color=#0000FF]93 5 3 4 6[/color]
[color=#0000FF]92 5 3 3 6[/color]

[color=#0000FF]Of the clubs that i have hit in my testing i have appreciated the AP2 irons the most and the JPX 825 pros after that. I have interchanged my shafts when demoing multiple times and i found the X100 rather difficult to load and often lost distance when demoing these. I found the C Taper shafts to feel very smooth but am uncertain of which flex to go with as i would still like to have touch for softer shots. And as always i am intrigued by the S300's because they are nice and cheap, but I am willing to pay if need by. Any advice is greatly appreciated. [/color]

Answer: Typical tall players problem if you don't get properly fitted and good instructor but mostly still a high ball hitter....but at least more manageable. You need higher kick point shaft closer to X flex and a proper length club with proper grip size. A lesson from a pro knows what he is doing.

• 5 weeks later...

How often you play in a month? 1-2 times
How often you practice in a month? 8 times
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best ? 6
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 16.1 index (standard USGA)
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Putter and 5 wood

Cobra s9-1 M speed 10.5 Stiff shaft Aldila DVS-HL 50g. Purchasing and recently hit on LM the TM SLDR 10.5 with Fuji Speeder 57 Stiff
Fairly quick, but not obscenely so.
6/10.
Existing shaft on my Cobra is very whippy even with stiff shaft. I struggle to keep it straight and spray in all directions, but typically a snap hook (I do tend to have a closed club face at impact, which is just user error in my swing with all clubs). I hit the new SLDR well at a fitting session and it did seem comfortably stiffer, but they didn't have the custom option available for me to try and short of being able to test other shafts, I just want a second opinion on whether I am likely to run into the same issues of wide spray based on the shaft set up and not entire my own inconsistencies in swinging. Happy to stay with stock if it will do just as well for a player of my abilities, but a second opinion would be helpful. Thanks.
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"][color=#0f72da]flightscope[/color][/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b] [b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b]
[b]With the SLDR 10.5 Fuji 57 stiff[/b]
[b]Carry – 240[/b]
[b]Total – 262[/b]
[b]Launch angle (Vertical) 12.1[/b]
[b]Ball speed 148[/b]
[b]Club head speed 103mph avg[/b]
[b]Spin Back 2388 rpm[/b]

Reduced spray and more consistency in the direction of my mishits when they do occur.
Snap hooks are dvastaing and almost alway OB with Cobra set up. Even seemingly well-struck ball tend to draw fully across the fairway. Attempts at correction tend to result in high push fades.
8. What is your shots tendency (ball[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/"][color=#0f72da] flight[/color][/url]) that you like when you are playing good?
Best shots tend to be mid-low ball flight with a soft draw on the cobra. The few hits I got on the TM setup with pretty straight with my typical moderate pull. One push fade, but otherwise limited spin
mid draw
Seattle
11. [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/"][color=#0f72da]Body build[/color][/url] and postures? height? 6'1" 175.
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) 7 3/4 and 3 3/4
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/"][color=#0f72da]tour[/color][/url]? Used to have Furyk looking figure 8 but been taking lessons to get it looking more like a sweeping C. Still probably have that figure 8 tendency through the back and downswing. Tend to hit from the outside in, hence the pull.

answer: Honestly, the numbers look good but ball speed is something wrong IMO. I would move on and forget about that club, something is not right if the ball speed is that low with the rest of the numbers are good. Definitely need a S/X flex!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Joe,

My very first post. hope you can help me...

How often you play in a month? 4-5 times/month
How often you practice in a month? 3-4 times per week
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 7
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 11.0 yahoo
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Short Irons (Weakness is Long Irons)

Iron fitting Questionnaire:

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? No. I had a hack fitter slow me into a 2* upright fitting and I’ve used that ever since.
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! Callaway RZRX 2 degrees upright. True Temper M10 Flighted Uniflax shafts. 4-AW.
3. Have you ever been on a [url="http://viglink.pgpartner.com/rd.php?r=6533&m=1026461890&q=n&rdgt=1383227695&it=1383400495&et=1383832495&priceret=279.99&pg=~~3&k=56e784963a9ea13acc28d65465cb81d6&source=feed&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emortongolfsales%2Ecom%2FProductDetails%2Easp%3FProductCode%3DERNES%5FLAUNCH%26click%3D71&st=feed&mt=~~~~~~~~n~~~"]launch monitor[/url] session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?[b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b][b]No.[/b]
4. What is your existing complain on your current set up? Left wrist and elbow nagging pain. I would like more distance on my irons because I consider this the most consistent part of my game.
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? I am very inconsistent with 5i and 6i…low launch and low consistency.
6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade? Medium-High flight with draw
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? High draw
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where?my miss is to the right…usually decent contact
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?neither…I am more of a medium ball hitter but if I had to choose one then I’d say high ball hitter
10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? High Draw
11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? For a full swing I hit my 5i 170…but I usually take a smooth ¾ swing which goes 155.
12. What is you [url="http://viglink.pgpartner.com/rd.php?r=1028&m=743365556&q=n&rdgt=1383229619&it=1383402419&et=1383834419&priceret=129.99&pg=~~3&k=abdce24bf96d79152c02cb95407476ea&source=feed&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnortherntool%2Erdr%2Echannelintelligence%2Ecom%2Fgo%2Easp%3FfVhzOGNRAAQIASNiE1JeShJoHT92Z1EABEwFaWBcURdDXSJXNzAjFx0fR0AofAEMGQdJO01KS0ssKH1OXV0fSzc9H0wfHE4yV2wKB2hxWHlXKxgaDhtMUipQMSEaSQ8GCAdvdAMCBRRoOgIJDgI2Nj8QHUNYWi99GwwEH1JxVDErN1hRRG8Eb2JbUl1KGW5gcXRjGQMGCQ9vdAwONB5MPQJlWEMxITRMRlVDFQB%2DHxECEEQ5ViImMUhAHW8UHicbDE5BEQxaMyU6XxcDdGQ2IApGWUNkL0pNT0kmKicAbR0BAGZhWVpNAFM9RywgNhBRWVlpYzEDCg4dVTdbbHp1TkJeU1g7N1JfCB9IPVRNWwt9%26nAID%3D5784816&st=feed&mt=~~~~~~~~n~~~"]measurement[/url] on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players about 33 inches( in the office without a ruler so this might be off)
13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players 31.25 inches(in the office without a ruler so this may be off)
14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) Medium-Large Cadet. 7.5 left hand (right handed golfer)
15. How tall are you?6’0”
16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? Medium divot . sometimes shallow
17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? I have an easy swing…I visualize Ernie Els when I swing
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing? Smooth tempo. Smooth transition. Swing thought: loose hands and arms.

[color=#282828]How often you play in a month? [/color]
[color=#282828]12-20 rounds per month[/color]
[color=#282828]How often you practice in a month? [/color]
[color=#282828]about 12-15 sessions during 1 hour[/color]
[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [/color]
[color=#282828]7[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?[/color]
[color=#282828]9 only tournaments count[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?[/color]
[color=#282828]wedge and putter[/color]

[color=#282828]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please.[/color]
[color=#282828]​nike 2012 vas driver, 10.5, graphite design tour addi 6s[/color]
[color=#282828]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?[/color]
[color=#282828]normal transition. light loader[/color]
[color=#282828]5 for consistance. 7 for striking[/color]
[color=#282828]ball flight on the higher side[/color]
[color=#282828]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [/color][color=#0000FF]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color][color=#282828]?[/color][color=#0000FF] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]flightscope[/color]
[color=#0000FF]103, 12, 150, 3400, don't know swing path, +1,3, don't know side spin[/color]
[color=#282828]hit ball straighter, more roll, better accuracy[/color]
[color=#282828]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[/color]
[color=#282828]bad shots are pushes . most of the time center of the face[/color]
[color=#282828]slight fade[/color]
[color=#282828]slight fade on the higher side[/color]
[color=#282828]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[/color]
[color=#282828]softish ground. europe[/color]
[color=#282828]11. [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url][color=#282828] and postures? height? etc.[/color]
[color=#282828]normal to fit posture. 180cm/5.9[/color]
[color=#282828]​glove size is men small or ladies large. wrist longest finger 7 inch. longest finger 3.1 inch[/color]
[color=#282828]maybe luke donald[/color]
[color=#282828]had the oban devotion blue shaft before the ad di shaft. liked the weight of it, but the shaft felt a little dead.[/color]

[color=#282828]so thanks for giving advice[/color]

Answer: Need the same specs shaft but rebuild them into an S/X flex.