For you guys asking for a help in picking a shaft!

joey3108

Hey thanks for the cool thread!! I'm 6ft 1 210lbs, athletic former d1 wrestler, still work out and stretch 5 days a week.i play to a 2-3 cap. Looking for your thoughts on these 3 wood numbers swing speed 3 wood 109, AOA -3, BALL SSPEED 158,274 yards, face to path -1.5 ,current set up big Bertha 3 2014, shaft AD DI8X.thanks again!!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just recently went through the Mizuno shaft optimizer for irons and it spit out the Nippon 1150GH (which I loved) and a KBS shaft (which I hated). But I was wondering if there were other shaft options (950s perhaps) that also make a good fit? My information is below! I plan on going to get a true fitting but wanted to have some things in mind while talking to the fitter.

1. [i]Yes. Standard lie angle and loft shafts cut down ½” inch.[/i]
2. [i]Nike Covert 2.0 Irons True Temper Lite 105 Stiff flex[/i]
3. [i]Yes. Flight Scope machine. 6 Iron Numbers, 84 MPH swing speed, 166 average carry, launch angle 17 degrees, launch height 26 yards. [/i]
4. [i]Shaft/head combo feels too rigid and stiff. Not getting solid contact through the hitting zone. Developing right shoulder pain with every shot. Longer irons push, shorter irons balloon.[/i]
5. [i]Shape easier with longer irons, more penetrating ball flight with shorter irons. [/i]
6. [i]High draws longer irons, and lower draws with the scoring clubs.[/i]
7. [i]High draw[/i]
8. [i]Mistake tendency can be left or right but more often I’m hitting it thin.[/i]
9. [i]High ball hitter.[/i]
10. [i]High and draw.[/i]
11. [i]Real course conditions no simulator probably 168 carry. Never hit a 5 iron on a simulator. [/i]
12. [i]Never taken a knuckle to floor measurement.[/i]
13. [i]Wrist to floor measured about 33 1/2” [/i]
14. [i]7 5/8”[/i]
15. [i]5 5”[/i]
16. [i]Shallow to Medium divots[/i]
17. [i]No clue. Maybe a tour player with a shorter backswing.[/i]
18. [i]Medium tempo according to the Mizuno swing profiler.[/i]

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9° 

Fairway Wood: Taylormade SIM TI 15°, Titleist 917F2 18°

Irons: Ping i210 4-UW

Wedges: Titleist SM8 S-Grind 54°, 58°

Putter: Nike BC-01 33"

• 1 month later...

Joe, any help would be appreciated when it comes to a driver shaft, Thanks for your time.

[color=#282828]How often you play in a month? (6-7 Times per month during the season. Cleveland, OH not the best for year round golf)[/color]
[color=#282828]How often you practice in a month? (5 hours per week, 20 per month, year round)[/color]
[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. (I would say its between 8-8.5)[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? (I play to a +2 handicap, no handicap system, play professionally in local events with my PGA Section)[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? (Strength is driving and iron play, I just feel like driving could be a huge strength if I optimized my numbers)[/color]

[color=#282828]Driver fitting questionnaire:[/color]

[color=#282828]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. (Titleist 915 D2, 10.5, A1 setting, Graphite Design BB7X, Tipped one inch, finishes at 45" I like the setup, the D2 head gives me a lot of confidence to take a hard rip at the ball and launch it correctly, just carrying a lot of latent spin. I have tried other low spin heads, but never strike them as well or have the accuracy I do with the D2)[/color]

[color=#282828]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? (Quick tempo, very heavy load, I tilt my spine backwards in the downswing which creates a ton of lag)[/color]
[color=#282828]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? (8-8.5)[/color]
[color=#282828]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? (It is carrying a lot more spin than I would like. I hit it long, but I feel like optimizing launch and spin conditions could be very advantageous, one shorter club in makes a huge difference in competition) [/color]
[color=#282828]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [/color][color=#0000FF]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color][color=#282828]?[/color][color=#0000FF] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color][color=#282828] [/color][b][color=#FF0000]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b][color=#282828] [/color][color=#FF0000][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b][/color]
(Yes, I have used launch monitors and trackman. My fitting last year is what put me into the BB7X, but I have changed significantly since then, lost weight and gained muscle. Attached is my launch numbers with Foresight. The first 5 or so balls are a warm up, then the last 5 or 6 were full speed as I would do on the course. I do have more in the tank (pushing 123-127 clubhead speed) but I never swing like that on course)
[color=#282828]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? (Lower spin rate, optimal launch, but still maintaining accuracy)[/color]
[color=#282828]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? (I tend to overdraw the ball if I miss, on the face it is more off the toe on a miss)[/color]
[color=#282828]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url][color=#282828]) that you like when you are playing good? (Mid height with a slight draw)[/color]
[color=#282828]9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? (Mid height draw)[/color]
[color=#282828]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? (From Cleveland Ohio so softer conditions in the spring and fall, dryer in the summer, but usually lush)[/color]
[color=#282828]11. [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url][color=#282828] and postures? height? etc. (5'8" 225 lbs, Athletic build, broad. Im called Popeye do to my bulkier, in shape build)[/color]
[color=#282828]12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Cadet ML, 7 3/4" AND 3.25")[/color]
[color=#282828]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url][color=#282828]? at least who do you like it to be? (Scott Stallings, lots of lag and tilt back at impact, very aggressive thru the ball)[/color]

[color=#282828]Thanks again for any insight you can lend on finding the right shaft for me in my 915 D2[/color]

[color=#282828]Answer: Looking at your numbers and your answer, there are inconsistentcy on the contact and definitely have a tendency a little steep on the atack angle. Definitely not a shaft issue IMO. Work on your plane from the inside and spine angle stay behind the ball at impact. I'm also sure you need to check on 1st axis and 2nd axis postition on top of your swing and impact in relation to your ball position....might also have inconsistent wrist action at impact.[/color]

• 2 months later...

I play practice about 2-3 week and play usually on weekends, so 2-4 times a month during the season.
Consistency of my swing - 7-8
Handicap - unknown but best guess would be high single digits. I usually shoot right around 80. + or - 2 or 3 strokes.
Strength of my game would be ball striking/iron play and putting.

Driver fitting-
Existing club set up- Titleist 910D3 8.5 loft (A1 position), Aldila VS Proto 'ByYou' 80-X shaft at 45"
Swing type - I'd say fairly quick tempo but not crazy quick.
ball striking with my driver is by far my worst ball striking- 6 ish
No problem with existing set up just curious as to what shaft would better fit me, also feel like the current shaft is to heavy and maybe a touch to stiff, but i know nothing about this stuff.
LM - session today. Swing Speed - 115 mph Ball speed- 159 RPM- 3225 see attached for the rest.
Not really trying to change much but looking for a better overall shaft rather than a cheap on.
Shot tendency- either dead straight or slight draw
Ball flight- mid to high draw is comfortable for me
From Oklahoma- Tulsa
Body built- athletic (6'1 190lbs)
Glove size- small or medium, I have Trex arms. - about 7-7 1/2" from tip of longest finger to wrist.
Swing is similar to Tiger

Which shaft do you think would best fit me?

answer: I would check your attack angle. not a shaft issue IMO...cuz your LA is already at the right spot.

• Titleist TSR2 9* AD-VF 6x
  • Titleist TSR2 15* Ventus Red 7x
  • Titleist T200 3-5 Modus 105T X
  • Titleist 620MB 6-9  Modus 105T X
  • Titleist Vokey- Sm9 Raw 46*/10 50*/12 54*/12  58*/08 DG TI 400
  • Scotty Cameron Monoblock 6.5

• 2 weeks later...

[color=#282828]General questionnaire ( A must for all fitting) :[/color]

[color=#282828]How often you play in a month? [/color][color=#ff8c00]I try to play at least 5 rounds a month, in season, April-October[/color]
[color=#282828]How often you practice in a month? [/color][color=#ff8c00]I try to hit a bucket of balls once a week and head to putting/chipping green once a week also, but it can be hard to practice living in the city.[/color]
[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [/color][color=#ff8c00]I would rate my swings consistency at a 7.[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [/color][color=#ff8c00]My handicap is 9.0, CDGA, USGA.[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? [/color][color=#ff8c00] [/color][color=#ff8c00]All aspects of my game are streaky, and unfortunately not all at the same time :taunt: Some days the driver is strong, some days the irons are strong, and some days the short game is working.[/color]

[color=#282828]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. [/color][color=#ff8c00]Right now my driver is the Titleist 909D3 9.5* with a blue Project X 5.5 44" playing length shaft tipped 1/2" a little lead tape on the sole to bring swingweight back after cutting it down, not sure exact swingweight.[/color]
[color=#282828]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [/color][color=#ff8c00]I try to keep a smooth backswing to the top, but I really go after it on the downswing. Not the strongest guy out there so I would say moderate loading.[/color]
[color=#282828]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? [/color][color=#FF8C00]I would rate my swing's and striking consistency at a 7.[/color]
[color=#282828]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [/color][color=#ff8c00]My miss is usually a pull/hook with the occasional sprayed block, although this has improved since tipping the shaft a couple months ago. I opted for the 5.5 over the 6.0 initially because I had always intended to tip it and possibly a little more distance, but I think I lose some distance to too high of a launch and or too high spin.[/color]
[color=#282828]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [/color][color=#0000FF]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color][color=#282828]?[/color][color=#0000FF] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color][color=#282828] [/color][b][color=#FF0000]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b][color=#282828] [/color][color=#FF0000][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b][/color][b][color=#ff8c00]I just went to golfsmith today and hit a series of shots on their flightscope LM. I deleted the really bad misses. The results are attached.*[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [/color][color=#ff8c00]I think I could use a more stable shaft. The question of whether or not it would be worth it to upgrade the 909, or get into a new adjustable model is up for debate as well.[/color]
[color=#282828]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [/color][color=#FF8C00]My miss is usually a pull/hook with the occasional sprayed block. With the driver I usually miss low on the face or toward the heel, with the occasional awful toe job gear effect duck hook.[/color]
[color=#282828]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url][color=#282828]) that you like when you are playing good? [/color][color=#ff8c00]I feel like my best rounds are when I am hitting it dead straight. I do prefer to draw the irons, but like a fade with the driver for control. [/color]
[color=#282828]9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [/color][color=#ff8c00]Mid to high draw with the irons and a high 10 yard fade with the driver? I.d.k I just try to hit it straight most of the time.[/color]
[color=#282828]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [/color][color=#ff8c00]From Chicago, play mostly parkland courses, can get wet, can get firm, some good links courses in the area too.[/color]
[color=#282828]11. [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url][color=#282828] and postures? height? etc. [/color][color=#ff8c00]I am short and stocky. 5'7, 33" WTF[/color]
[color=#282828]12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) [/color][color=#ff8c00]Medium/Cadet Medium, IIRC roughly 7" and roughly 3"[/color]
[color=#282828]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url][color=#282828]? at least who do you like it to be? [/color][color=#ff8c00] [/color][color=#ff8c00]I guess I gotta pick a shorter guy :swoon:... I really like the swing change Rickie Fowler made last year. I've always loved Mike Weir's swing from the left side.[/color]
[color=#282828]14. etc. The more the better it become. [/color][color=#ff8c00]Everyone always says my swing is flat, to which I always say, well duh, I'm short! But I have been playing around with the Zepp swing analyzer and it does show that my plane is pretty flat on the way back and actually a bit steeper on the downswing, so I've been working on coming down more in the slot and from the inside, but I get in trouble when I get quick at the top and come over the top, usually shutting it down and missing left.[/color]

[color=#FF8C00]*The first two attachments show my 6 best shots (the 4th one sucks, but I deleted a few hooks and pulls) with my current driver (screen says XR, but it was my own driver), then since I was near the Titleist demo rack, I hit two shots with the 8.5* Titleist 915D3 with the silver Aldila Rogue, with another one of my current driver sandwiched in between. So the 3rd and 4th attachment, the 1st and 3rd shots are with the 915 and the 2nd shot is with my 909. I was choking down on the 915 to where I felt I might cut it down if I upgrade.[/color]

[quote name='Jazzmastafish' timestamp='1430959914' post='11513517']

[color=#282828]How often you play in a month? [/color][color=#ff8c00]I try to play at least 5 rounds a month, in season, April-October[/color]
[color=#282828]How often you practice in a month? [/color][color=#ff8c00]I try to hit a bucket of balls once a week and head to putting/chipping green once a week also, but it can be hard to practice living in the city.[/color]
[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [/color][color=#ff8c00]I would rate my swings consistency at a 7.[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [/color][color=#ff8c00]My handicap is 9.0, CDGA, USGA.[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? [/color][color=#ff8c00] [/color][color=#ff8c00]All aspects of my game are streaky, and unfortunately not all at the same time :taunt: Some days the driver is strong, some days the irons are strong, and some days the short game is working.[/color]

[color=#282828]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. [/color][color=#ff8c00]Right now my driver is the Titleist 909D3 9.5* with a blue Project X 5.5 44" playing length shaft tipped 1/2" a little lead tape on the sole to bring swingweight back after cutting it down, not sure exact swingweight.[/color]
[color=#282828]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [/color][color=#ff8c00]I try to keep a smooth backswing to the top, but I really go after it on the downswing. Not the strongest guy out there so I would say moderate loading.[/color]
[color=#282828]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? [/color][color=#FF8C00]I would rate my swing's and striking consistency at a 7.[/color]
[color=#282828]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [/color][color=#ff8c00]My miss is usually a pull/hook with the occasional sprayed block, although this has improved since tipping the shaft a couple months ago. I opted for the 5.5 over the 6.0 initially because I had always intended to tip it and possibly a little more distance, but I think I lose some distance to too high of a launch and or too high spin.[/color]
[color=#282828]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [/color][color=#0000FF]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color][color=#282828]?[/color][color=#0000FF] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color][color=#282828] [/color][b][color=#FF0000]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b][color=#282828] [/color][color=#FF0000][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b][/color][b][color=#ff8c00]I just went to golfsmith today and hit a series of shots on their flightscope LM. I deleted the really bad misses. The results are attached.*[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [/color][color=#ff8c00]I think I could use a more stable shaft. The question of whether or not it would be worth it to upgrade the 909, or get into a new adjustable model is up for debate as well.[/color]
[color=#282828]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [/color][color=#FF8C00]My miss is usually a pull/hook with the occasional sprayed block. With the driver I usually miss low on the face or toward the heel, with the occasional awful toe job gear effect duck hook.[/color]
[color=#282828]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url][color=#282828]) that you like when you are playing good? [/color][color=#ff8c00]I feel like my best rounds are when I am hitting it dead straight. I do prefer to draw the irons, but like a fade with the driver for control. [/color]
[color=#282828]9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [/color][color=#ff8c00]Mid to high draw with the irons and a high 10 yard fade with the driver? I.d.k I just try to hit it straight most of the time.[/color]
[color=#282828]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [/color][color=#ff8c00]From Chicago, play mostly parkland courses, can get wet, can get firm, some good links courses in the area too.[/color]
[color=#282828]11. [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url][color=#282828] and postures? height? etc. [/color][color=#ff8c00]I am short and stocky. 5'7, 33" WTF[/color]
[color=#282828]12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) [/color][color=#ff8c00]Medium/Cadet Medium, IIRC roughly 7" and roughly 3"[/color]
[color=#282828]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url][color=#282828]? at least who do you like it to be? [/color][color=#ff8c00] [/color][color=#ff8c00]I guess I gotta pick a shorter guy :swoon:... I really like the swing change Rickie Fowler made last year. I've always loved Mike Weir's swing from the left side.[/color]
[color=#282828]14. etc. The more the better it become. [/color][color=#ff8c00]Everyone always says my swing is flat, to which I always say, well duh, I'm short! But I have been playing around with the Zepp swing analyzer and it does show that my plane is pretty flat on the way back and actually a bit steeper on the downswing, so I've been working on coming down more in the slot and from the inside, but I get in trouble when I get quick at the top and come over the top, usually shutting it down and missing left.[/color]

[color=#FF8C00]*The first two attachments show my 6 best shots (the 4th one sucks, but I deleted a few hooks and pulls) with my current driver (screen says XR, but it was my own driver), then since I was near the Titleist demo rack, I hit two shots with the 8.5* Titleist 915D3 with the silver Aldila Rogue, with another one of my current driver sandwiched in between. So the 3rd and 4th attachment, the 1st and 3rd shots are with the 915 and the 2nd shot is with my 909. I was choking down on the 915 to where I felt I might cut it down if I upgrade.[/color]
[/quote]

And godd@mn if I cant for the life of me get these pictures the right way up. They are right way up on my computer!

Answer: Play 1/3 - 1/2 flex stiffer shaft should help a lot!

Cobra KING LTD Pro 8.5º - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S
Tour Edge Exotics CB5 15º - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S
*Titleist 816H2 21º (C1) - Graphite Design AD DI 105S (Double Eagle/Albatross 7/15/17)

OR - *Titleist 712U 3i - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist 712U 4i - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist Vokey SM5 46.08, SM6 50.12F, SM6 56.14F bent to 55 True Temper DG S200
Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks V-Grind 60.10 True Temper DG S200
Scotty Cameron Bullseye Blade By Titleist

WOW! This thread is incredible. Joe, you are the man!

General questionnaire ( A must for all fitting) :

How often you play in a month? 8-10

How often you practice in a month? At least 5 hours a week

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? 8

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 3

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Driving and Putting

Driver fitting questionnaire:

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) Adams 8.5*, RT Tech Zeus LT Tour 68G, D2 swing weight I believe

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Favor a quicker tempo; heavy loader.

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? Swing consistency: 8 Striking ability: 8.5

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? No problem. Curious to see if there's any better options out there.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM? Flightscope

6e2f14e0-cc46-45a0-9a8f-69a50baa7687_zps95ozgc4d.jpg

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Optimal launch angle combined optimal spin

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? A high push right that fades even more right or an over the top low left pull hook. Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? My misses tend to be high on the face and/or on the toe.

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? A high right to left bomb with minimal spin.

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? A high power fade is most comfortable

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? All kinds of course conditions here in Louisiana: windy, wet, dry, hot/humid, hard pan, plush fairways.

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. Athletic build: 6'0" 185 lbs. Posture is solid

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? Glove = Large; Wrist to Middle finger = 9"; Middle finger = 3.75"

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Jason Day maybe

Iron fitting Questionnaire:

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? No

2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Standard L/L/L, Shafts = KBS C-Taper 120 Stiff

3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? Flightscope

a6a78fa9-e514-47cf-8e0c-9c654622e214_zpslws5safo.jpg

4. What is your existing complain on your current set up? I do not hit my irons as long as I should in my mind. Ball flight is really high. My pure shots just climb and climb and often fall short. If there's any wind that day, stick a fork in me I'm done.

5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? I would like to bring my ball flight down. At least be able to hit a low shot when needing to.

6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade? Mid to low draw.

7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? High

8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? Late in my round my tendency is to hit strong pulls/draws. Maybe fatigue is the reason. I do have minimal problems with ball striking…. sometimes in the heel, sometimes in the toe, and often high in the face.

9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? High

10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? Mid to low draw

11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? 180

12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? 30.5"

13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? 34.75"

14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? Glove = Large; Wrist to Middle finger = 9"; Middle finger = 3.75"

15. How tall are you? 6'0"

16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? Deep

17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? Jason Day maybe

18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing? Favor a quicker tempo; heavy-ish load.

Wedge Fitting Questionnaire:

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? on 6 iron No

2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Adams XTD Forged GW 50* KBS C-Taper 120-S, Vokey 56* M Grind & 60* S Grind - both have stock Wedge Flex shafts

3. What is your existing complain on your current set up? Noticeable gap in my GW and SW. Rarely do I use my 60* (my main bunker club though). Possibly better off going with a 54* & 58*

4. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? Inconsistent ball striking is a major problem, but is primarily related to bad nerves (aka yips).

5. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? 30.5"

6. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? 34.75"

7. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? How tall are you? Glove = Large; Wrist to Middle finger = 9"; Middle finger = 3.75"; Height = 6'0"

9. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? Short or long divot? trapper, driver or slider? Deep divot taker that produces divots that lean on the short side. Favor a diver swing. Feels steep to me anyway.

10. Do you do a lot of low pinch/trap spinner shots? Yes. The thought of have to hit a heavy wrist action shot during a tournament scares me a bit.

11. Do you a lot of flop shots? What club you use on these shots? No, try to avoid at all costs. 60* if played.

12. Do you adjust face angle or ball position on your shots, especially of full shots? I have a slight press at address which de-lofts a smidgeon. Ball position generally middle of stance. For lower shots I will adjust more toward the back.

13. Do you consider very creative on your shots around the green or trying to be as simple as possible on your shots? I definitely keep it most simple.

14, What is your striking ability scale 1 - 10? 5-6 on the course. 8-9 on the practice green. Sad.

15. Any particular technique or method you like to tell me on your wedge game? I try and incorporate a parts of Dave Stockton's philosophy on Unconscious Scoring. Feel, visualization, and execute.

16. Tell me about your course turf condition, design, average green speed, Green size and undulation, etc? I play all over in this area. Some courses are new, where as other courses are very old. Overall conditions tend to favor being firm. Some courses I play have very small, turtleback greens, where others have your prototypical large greens with massive undulation. The weakness in my short game really shows when I play the older courses with small greens.

17. Which PGA player that you like on their wedge play style? Zach Johnson

I hope I posted everything correctly Thank you so much for making yourself available and taking the time to give valuable feedback to the best golf forum in the world.

Answer:

Driver: Need a soft X flex IMO

Iron: Need a soft step X or S+ at least.

Wedge: Definitely need 54 and 58. Need a narrower sole with high bounce and blunt leading edge.

TM M1 430 9.5* GD Tour AD DI 7X
TM M1 17 Tour 14.5* GD Tour AD DI 8X
Srixon U65 18* Miyaki 7 Utility
TM P790's Nippon Pro Modus 120 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 3.0 CB 50*/54*/58*
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• 2 months later...

How often you play in a month? (6-8 rounds)
How often you practice in a month? (3-4 hours a week)
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. (8-9)
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? (12 USGA)
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? (Driver and mid irons)

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. (R15, Fujikura 57, S-flex, 45.5, club set standard)
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? (Smooth tempo, mid to heavy load)
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? (9, good striking ability)
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? (Feel that the shaft is not stable enough, not getting enough distance out of the driver, would like a better ball flight)
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b] [b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. (Never had a LM session, just looking for ideas of driver shaft replacement, Driver swing speed is about 100-105, I did do a session with a 7 iron recently, launch angle about 14 deg. and ss 80mph )[/b]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? (More stable shaft, better ball flight for more distance)
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? ( Do not miss the face of the club, sometimes get ahead of the club promoting causing an open face)
8. What is your shots tendency (ball[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/"] flight[/url]) that you like when you are playing good? (Straight, high but penetrating ball flight)
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? (High,Fade)
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? (Dry, southeast)
11. [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/"]Body build[/url] and postures? height? etc. (5’8”) (Play ping I 25 ¾ degree flat)
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) (Glove size small or cadet medium, 7.5”, 3.5”)
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/"]tour[/url]? at least who do you like it to be? (Oosthuizen or Charley Hoffman)
14. etc. The more the better it become.
(Currently playing project X 6.0 in irons)

• 2 weeks later...

I will try to play the game.

General questionnaire ( A must for all fitting) :

How often you play in a month?

Try once or twice a week in season, usually 3-8 rounds a month though, depending on my availability.

How often you practice in a month?

Not enough, actually used to be next to never, but I do want to try to get a bit better, and am making an effort to hit the range at least once a week. That said, I am sure my practice time could, and will be utilized better as I read/learn more.

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )?

Consistency, maybe a 6. I struggle, but feel there is some consistency there.

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?

Nothing established. Most rounds are mid to upper 90s. I have shot upper 80s before, want to say 85ish is my best for a 18 hole, par 72 course.

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?

Walking off the 18th green ;) In reality probably my putter, though that doesn't mean that I save the most shots there. I just feel that it is better than the rest.

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft?

No. I am just now venturing into any sort of fitting. Have never had any adjustments done, and just used the clubs as is, and the last couple irons sets have been used, and actually unknown as to whether any loft or lie changes have ever been made before I got them.

2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc?

I am currently playing clubs with FCM 6.5 Rifle Flighted shafts in my 5-W and the stock shaft in the 3 and 4 irons, which I actually don't really use as I am trying to incorporate hybrids. With some looking, I assume these are way too stiff me.

3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session?

I have use the PGA Superstore LM (Aboutgolf). I had taken a screenshot of the 7-9i last time I used it, but apparently it was of one shot, and not the average, which I was hoping to get when I went. The data wouldn't be that great here. I did go to a Golfsmith and hit a few balls (not my club, was testing a 714 AP2, but the swing charaterstics might be comparable. That was made with a TT DG300. Will attach the results of that.

4. What is your existing complain on your current set up?

I would like a bit more distance, but my swing speed seems slow, so I know I can't make big changes there. Maybe the fade/pull slice I can tend to hit.

5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?

Maybe a slight reduction in the slice end, but I personally feel that is more club than shaft. Might be shaft though.

6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade?

As a whole, I prefer slightly higher flight. As for draw or fade? My stock swing tends to produce a touch of fade, which I am ok with.

7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?

Mid to high flight with a touch of fade.

8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where?

Right side. Most misses end towards the toe, but I assume that is more of a swing consistency thing vs a shaft, but that is also why I am doing this.

9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?

High ball hitter, mostly mid to high.

10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?

High fade.

11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )?

For me, 5i is around a 150 carry. Unsure of speed for 5i. If a 6i speed can help, when hitting the AP2 (not my sticks) on the G2 at golfmith, the avg club speed was 70mph.

12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players

32.5"

13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players

36.5"

14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)

XL glove, 8 1/8", 3 1/8"

15. How tall are you?

5'10"

16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker?

Medium to medium/shallow.

17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?

I haven't the slightest idea, in all reality.

18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing?

I feel like it is a mediumish tempo. I do my best to try to slow it down a touch, and that seems to help, but I am not consistent enough with it. If anything I tend to go on hte quicker side of medium. Unsure of shaft loading.

Answer: get yourself a dynamic fitting first and then try to find a good swing coach and take a few lesson. Go back and get a launch monitor data and post again here, including what the swing coach tell you to work on. THX!

This might be the coolest thread ever :)

How often you play in a month? [color=#0000cd] At least 3 times a week maybe more during peak season [/color]
[color=#282828]How often you practice in a month? probably 3 range sessions + a week. [/color]
[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? Pretty consistent, an 8 out of 10[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 10 GHIN[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Best part of my game is my irons. Putter probably 2nd. [/color]

[color=#282828]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) ? I play an r15 at 10.5 with an Aldilla Tour Green X Flex shaft. Originally i was fit with the shaft with an SLDR but the head kept having issues so Taylor Made send me an R15 instead. [/color]
[color="#282828"]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Pretty Quick Tempo and heavy loader but working on smoothing things out (been better this year than in the past). [/color]
[color="#282828"]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? Swing is pretty consistent. Ball striking is ok. Especially with irons and hybrids.[/color]
[color=#282828]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? I hit my 6 iron 180-185. 5 Iron 190-195 and I feel I'm not getting enough distance out of the driver. I'm maxing out (total carry and roll) at around 265-270 at best. My SS (on Trackman and flightscope) is between 110-115 depending on the day. I have a pretty steep angle of attack and my smash factor isnt great. I get high spin numbers but with the SLDR i was down to the low 2000's... [/color]
[color=#282828]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [/color][color=#0000FF]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color][color=#282828]?[/color][color=#0000FF] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color][color=#282828] [/color][b][color=#FF0000]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b][color=#282828] [/color][color=#FF0000][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b][/color]
[color=#282828]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? I'm trying to maximize distance and lower spin. I feel the ball balloons on me. [/color]
[color="#282828"]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Been missing anywhere and everywhere. Usually thin. Sometimes on the inside of the club but mostly the toe. [/color]
[color=#282828]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url][color="#282828"]) that you like when you are playing good? Nice baby draw when i'm on. [/color]
[color="#282828"]9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? I hit a high ball. Draw. I would like to bring the flight down. [/color]
[color=#282828]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Play on the South Shore of Long Island (western LI). Usually very windy. [/color]
[color=#282828]11. [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url][color="#282828"] and postures? height? etc. 5'11'' athletic. 165. Good posture.[/color]
[color="#282828"]12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) Wear a medium glove (some brands i can squeeze into a small). 7 1/8'[/color]
[color=#282828]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url][color=#282828]? at least who do you like it to be? No idea. Wouldnt mind looking like Rickey, Scott or Rory :)[/color]

[color=#282828]14. etc. The more the better it become.[/color]

[color=#282828]How often you play in a month?[/color]
[color=#282828][b]4 - 6 rounds a month,[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]How often you practice in a month?[/color]
[b][color=#282828]4 - 8 range sessions of 100-200 balls[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.[/color]
[b][color=#282828]7, my grip tends to fade latter in the round[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?[/color]
[b]18-22[/b]
[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?[/color]
[b]Mid-Irons[/b]

[color=#282828]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please.[/color]
[b][color=#282828]Driver: Titleist 905r 9.5*, UST Proforce V2 66gr Stiff [/color][/b]
[b][color=#282828]4 wood: Taylormade R11S TP 17*, RIP Phenom 80g Stiff[/color][/b]
[b][color=#282828]5-A Irons: Yamaha InpresGRX Forged, NS Pro 950 Regular[/color][/b]
[b][color=#282828]52* 58* Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2-dot grind[/color][/b]
[b][color=#282828]Putter: Odyssesy White Hot 7, Superstroke Flatso grip[/color][/b]

[color=#282828]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?[/color]
[b]Medium tempo, heavy-ish loader[/b]

[color=#282828]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability[/color]
[b]7, misses are low toe hits[/b]

[color=#282828]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up[/color]
[b]Inconsistent driving, misses are high overcooked draws[/b]

[color=#282828]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before?[/color]
[b][color=#282828]Yes, but don't have the complete numbers. SS 108-112 mph, smash 1.40ish, negative attack angle[/color][/b]

[color=#282828]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[/color]
[b]Better driver carry and roll, avoiding two way misses[/b]

[color=#282828]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[/color][b]Topped driver shots. Missing on the toe[/b]

[color=#282828]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url][color=#282828]) that you like when you are playing good?[/color]
[b]High, long 5 yard fades,[/b]

[color=#282828]9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?[/color]
[b]High fades[/b]

[color=#282828]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[/color]
[b]Medium-Dry firm ground, Singapore[/b]

[color=#282828]11. [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url][color=#282828] and postures? height? etc.[/color]
[b]5'8, 180lbs, big legs, arms, and traps from wrestling in college. probably look like KJ Choi now[/b]

[color=#282828]12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)[/color]
[b]Wrist to longest finger, 3.76", longest finger (base to tip) 3.3"[/b]

[color=#282828]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url][color=#282828]? at least who do you like it to be[/color]
[b][color=#282828]Kinda runs off like Phil Mickelson, trying to copy Jason Day's[/color][/b]

[color="#282828"]Thanks![/color]

[color=#282828][b]4 - 6 rounds a month,[/b][/color]
[b]4 - 5 range sessions of ~100 balls[/b]
[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.[/color]
[b]7[/b]
[color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?[/color]
[color=#282828][b]19[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?[/color]
[color=#282828][b]wedges[/b][/color]

[color=#282828]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please.[/color]
[b]Driver: Cobra Fly Z at 9* w/ Attas 5 GoGo 6s - plays at 45[/b]

[color=#282828]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?[/color]
[b]Fast tempo, fast transition, late release [/b]

[color=#282828]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability[/color]
[b]7-8. I hit the sweet spot most the time. Misses tend to be from dropping my back shoulder and topping the ball[/b]

[color=#282828][b]Inconsistency and less distance than I think I should be getting.[/b][/color]

[b]Yes, SS 105ish mph, smash 1.40ish, launch angle typically in the 15-18* range (think this is my biggest problem), spin in the 3400-3700 range, peak height at 45-50 yds, carry in the 240 range (feel like I should be getting more)[/b]

[color=#282828]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[/color]
[b]Better driver carry and accuracy[/b]

[color=#282828]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [/color][b]Topped shots and a hook. Still hit a fade from time to time, but it's more of an alignment issue that I know how to fix.[/b]

[color=#282828]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url][color=#282828]) that you like when you are playing good?[/color]
[b]High baby draw[/b]

[color=#282828]9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?[/color]
[b]Lower draw[/b]

[color=#282828]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[/color]
[b]Dry firm ground, Texas[/b]

[color=#282828]11. [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url][color=#282828] and postures? height? etc.[/color]
[b]6'3", 230 lbs. Not overly muscular, just a big guy.[/b]

[color=#282828]12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)[/color]
[b]Regular L glove - Wrist to longest finger, 4 7/8", longest finger (base to tip) 3 1/2"[/b]

[color=#282828]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url][color=#282828]? at least who do you like it to be[/color]
[color=#282828][b]Man, I'm not sure about this one. Had a lesson not too long ago and the lead instructor said he really liked my swing. Said he really liked my lines after he shortened my backswing and flattened me out a little. I was way too steep before. I guess if I had to say someone I would say Keegan Bradley ish, but I feel like he is really bent over and I'm a little more upright.[/b][/color]

[b]If it helps, my irons are KBS tour stiff +1/2 and 3* up (effective 2* up) - was just fitted for these and am hitting my irons better than I ever have.[/b]

[b]Really interested in figuring out the correct shaft flex/bend point/tip stiffness/etc.[/b]

[b]Thanks for the help.[/b]

Answer: check how far u tilt your spine angle at address position. I think you do it to much. Lower your loft a bit and play at least 1/2 flex stiffer shaft and higher kick point shaft.

Ping G425 Max 9*, Aldila Rogue White 70s

Titleist TS3 4 wood, Diamana Kal’li 70s

New Level 902 PD, PX 6.5

Mizuno S18 50*, PX 6.5

Cleveland CBX2 54*, DG s400 TI

Callaway MD4 58*, DG s400 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

• 3 weeks later...

[color=#282828][b]4 - 6 rounds a month.[/b][/color]
[b]4 range sessions of ~ 80 balls[/b]
[b]8[/b]
[color=#282828][b]2.2[/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b]3 wood. 7-pw.[/b][/color]

[b]Driver: Cleveland Classic 310. Miyazaki Kusala Black 61S. 3566[/b]
[b]3 Wood: Razr X Black. ProLaunch Axis 65 Stiff[/b]

[b]Moderate tempo. Moderate to heavy loader.[/b]

[b]8. Very solid striker with irons, up to 3 wood. Driver has occasional miss high, and or toe.[/b]

[color=#282828][b]Driver has an overdraw on occasion, and if I ease off too much, a slight push.[/b][/color]

[b]No.[/b]

[b]Straighten out driver, tighten dispersion, and retain distance.[/b]

[color=#282828]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [/color][b]Overdraw/ pull left when I swing a bit harder. Can also hit a push if I ease off too much.[/b]

[b]5 yard high draw.[/b]

[b]High draw[/b]

[b]Michigan. Mostly standard/average grass fairways.[/b]

[b]6'0". 170lbs. 45 years old. Still athletic. Lift weights, play tennis.[/b]

[b]Size L glove - Wrist to finger, 4 5/8", longest finger (base to tip) 3 1/2". Ping fitting system = standard L/L. Ping standard grip (white).[/b]

[color=#282828][b]Paul Casey.[/b][/color]

My six iron swing speed is 81-83. ( An easy swing for me, with a lot in reserve). Driver swing speed is 105, with a lot in reserve.

I currently us TT DGS300 shafts in my irons, with very good results. High draws 7-PW, straight medium flight 4-6 iron.

Woods/Fairways:  Callaway with Mitsubishi shafts

Irons:  Srixon with Dynamic Gold shafts

• 1 month later...

Best site on the internet. Long time lurker and finally pulled the trigger to create an account on here. Much appreciated for all the input.

Here goes my first post.

[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff][b]General questionnaire[/b] ( A must for all fitting) :[/background][/size][/color]

[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]How often you play in a month? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]2-3 rounds/month[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]How often you practice in a month? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]7x [/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]7[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]12[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]strong–iron (6 thru PW), 5 wood & wedges, putter, driver–weak in that order.[/background][/size][/color]

[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff][b]Driver fitting questionnaire[/b]:[/background][/size][/color]

[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. [/background][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Cobra Bio Cell Pro 10˚, stock Matrix red-tie 6Q3 (stiff), 44”, D3[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]medium tempo, med-heavy load[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]6/10. [/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Not getting enough spin and too much role out. Flights out too low. I’d like to see if i could get 1800-2000 spin[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [/background][/size][/color][color=#0000ff][size=4][background=#ffffff]([/background][/size][/color][url="http://www.flightscope.com/"][color=#0f72da][size=4][u][background=#ffffff]flightscope[/background][/u][/size][/color][/url][color=#0000ff][size=4][background=#ffffff] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/background][/size][/color][color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]?[/background][/size][/color][color=#0000ff][size=4][background=#ffffff] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/background][/size][/color][color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff] [/background][/size][/color]

[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Flightscope - 10 swing average[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]SS: 104.7[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Launch Angle: 12.8[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Ball Speed: 151.8[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Total Rate: 1691[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Back Spin: 1532[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Side Spin: 561L[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Swing Path: N/A[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Attack Angle: N/A[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Peak Height: 24 yds[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Carry: 248[/background][/size][/color]

[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]mid-high trajectory, control > distance. tighter dispersion[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Hands are more often than not slow in release, leaving the ball push/slice right. [/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/background][/size][/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"][color=#0f72da][size=4][u][background=#ffffff] flight[/background][/u][/size][/color][/url][color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]) that you like when you are playing good? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Straight or high draw[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]High draw[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Dry, firm. Southern California[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]11. [/background][/size][/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"][color=#0f72da][size=4][u][background=#ffffff]Body build[/background][/u][/size][/color][/url][color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff] and postures? height? etc. [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]5’5”, 137lbs, athletic[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]cadet small, 7” wrist to middle finger, 3.625” middle finger[/background][/size][/color][/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/background][/size][/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"][color=#0f72da][size=4][u][background=#ffffff]tour[/background][/u][/size][/color][/url][color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]? at least who do you like it to be? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]I’ve got the chicken wing follow-thru of a Lee Westwood, but working to get the kind of extension of a Rory Mcilroy.[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]14. etc. The more the better it become.[/background][/size][/color]

[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff][b]Iron fitting Questionnaire[/b]:[/background][/size][/color]

[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]-.75, 1˚ flat[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]stock DG s300[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?[/background][/size][/color]

[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Flightscope - 6 iron (nike vr pro combo)[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]SS: 93.1[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Launch Angle: 13.3[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Ball Speed: 126.6[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Total Rate: 4676[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Back Spin: 4294[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Side Spin: 1797L[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Swing Path: N/A[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Attack Angle: N/A[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Peak Height: 24 yds[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]Carry: 179[/background][/size][/color]

[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]4. What is your existing complain on your current set up? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]struggle with 4i-3i shots push/slice right[/background][/size][/color][color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff] [/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]a little more help with higher ball flight[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]high draw[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]straight, 5 yard draw[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]right side miss, toe[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]low[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]High draw[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]188[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]31.5”[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]cadet small, 7” wrist to middle finger, 3.625” middle finger[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]15. How tall are you? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]5’5”[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]medium[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]I’ve got the chicken wing follow-thru of a Lee Westwood, but working to get the kind of extension of a Rory Mcilroy.[/background][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4][background=#ffffff]18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing? [/background][/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=4][background=#ffffff]medium tempo, med-heavy load[/background][/size][/color]

Answer: play a higher loft driver. I'm sure your iron swing are not where it should be looking at how low you launch the 6 iron. Maybe just ball position more on the left side would probably a big help already. This might be the same problem with your driver.

Hi Joe, thanks for doing this for me.

I' m looking for fairway wood shaft for 915 F 15* at A1 setting.

My driver SS is around 100-105 mph. My consistent driver distance is around 270-280. My missess are to the left. Currently, I'm gaming 915 D3 9.5* with Mitsubishi Fubuki J 60 X at 46" with 4 gram (white) weight on the driver. My driver ball flight is mid to high with 5-10 yards draw. I was using Kurakage XT 60 X at 46", but I tend to hit fat shot with it and just wasn't consistent enough for me. For my fairway wood, I would like to hit it high, so I can go for it in two. My previous FW shafts' flights were just too low or mid trajectory, resulting too much roll after landing. Those were good for distance but not too good if going for par 5 in two. Please advise.

Answer: did u try playing it at higher lofts?

• 2 weeks later...

I could use some help identify a shaft for a M1 driver. I have been fit but not confident in the results. Swing speed ~100. I am not an aggressive swinger, smooth transition. Looking for a shaft with good feel and one that will allow me to take advantage of the shaft doing the work (good kick). Gaming a Fuji Fuel 60 and it does feel boardy, with spin ~ 2600-2700rpm and ball speed at 143 with 1.46 smash. Options from the fitting were the Fuji Pro 53. I believe a soft butt, medium to firm mid, and firm tip. What shafts should I be looking at? My fitter stopped after the Fuji Pro - seemed disengaged. Thank you

• 2 months later...

[color=#ff0000]Hey Joe, thanks for taking time to help. I'm looking at getting new irons and am a little dumbfounded by some of the new shaft options. I've been a DGX100 guy for years, but have found that in my long irons I don't get the kind of decent angle or carry distance I'd like (too low). I'm interested in the DG AMT shafts and the new Modus3 shafts, but unsure if those would be a good choice or not. I've tried Project X and hated it. Haven't really liked any of the KBS shafts either, but I'm open to trying them again.[/color]

[color=#282828]How often you play in a month? [/color][color=#ff0000][b]5-10 times[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]How often you practice in a month? [/color][color=#ff0000][b]12 times[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [/color][color=#ff0000][b]8.5[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [/color][b][color=#ff0000]2[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? [/color][color=#ff0000][b]Short game in general[/b][/color]

[color=#282828]Iron fitting Questionnaire:[/color]
[color=#282828]1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? [/color][color=#ff0000][b]Have done dynamic lie angle, but not loft.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! [/color][color=#ff0000][b]Mizuno MP-67, DGX100, +1/2", std lie/loft, D3-D4 swingweight[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?[/color][color=#ff0000][b] Have numbers from a Foresight. [/b][/color]
[b][color=#ff0000]Averages[/color][/b]
[b][color=#ff0000]PW 98.8mph ball speed, 26.0* launch, 8704rpm, 130.4 carry[/color][/b]
[b][color=#ff0000]9I 106.7mph ball speed, 24.2* launch, 8034rpm, 144.1 carry[/color][/b]
[b][color=#ff0000]8I 112.4mph ball speed, 21.8* launch, 7029rpm, 156.1 carry[/color][/b]
[b][color=#ff0000]7I 116.7mph ball speed, 19.8* launch, 6019rpm, 167.2 carry[/color][/b]
[b][color=#ff0000]6I 121.9mph ball speed, 17.4* launch, 5373rpm, 179.1 carry[/color][/b]
[b][color=#ff0000]5I 125.9mph ball speed, 15.3* launch, 4797rpm, 189.0 carry[/color][/b]
[b][color=#ff0000]4I 129.4mph ball speed, 14.0* launch, 4262rpm, 197.6 carry[/color][/b]
[b][color=#ff0000]3I 131.3mph ball speed, 11.9* launch, 3507rpm, 201.0 carry[/color][/b]

[color=#282828]4. What is your existing complain on your current set up? [/color][b][color=#ff0000]Too low with longer irons leading to bad carry distances and too shallow a landing angle.[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? [/color][b][color=#ff0000]Higher in long irons.[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade? [/color][b][color=#ff0000]Higher.[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? [/color][b][color=#ff0000]Pretty straight, shifts from slight draw to slight fade depending on the day.[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? [/color][color=#ff0000][b]Miss mostly right. Fairly consistent contact[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? [/color][b][color=#ff0000]Low-ish[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [/color][b][color=#ff0000]High, fade[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? [/color][b][color=#ff0000]See above.[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players[/color]
[color=#282828]13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players[/color]
[color=#282828]14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) [/color][b][color=#ff0000]Cadet large[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]15. How tall are you?[/color][b][color=#ff0000] 6'1"[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? [/color][b][color=#ff0000]Medium[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?[/color]
[color=#282828]18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing? [/color][b][color=#ff0000]Medium to quick[/color][/b]

Answer: what ever shaft u use for that LM data is pretty good already imo. Check ball position on the long iron. AMT might work, but feel from DG hard to change for a long time DG user.

• 4 weeks later...

Look for some help with a driver shaft only.

How often you play in a month? 7-10 times

How often you practice in a month? 4-6 times

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? I would put it in the 7 range

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? Handicap is 6.6 - USGA

What is your strength on your game? My strength is probably my short game if I had to pick one.

1. What is the club existing set up? I have the Cobra Bio Cell + (set to 9.5) with the stock Matrix Red Tie. The flex is stiff and standard length. I don't really know much else about it, except that it is stock.

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? I go after it pretty decent on the way down. Not a quick tempo but quick transition and downswing and sometimes my feet come off ground.

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? Driver swing can be a bit all over the place. I am pretty consistent with striking, however it is usually low on the face.

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? I hit the ball pretty low. It might be a swing issue, as at times it flights out just fine.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? No

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? I like the feel of a stiffer shaft (person preference is super stiff feeling - I like the M. Kua that was in my Cleveland TL310) and something anti-left.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? My bad shots are snap hooks. Most start on line but go very low (maybe 5 ft high) and then hook into the ground. Misses are typically low on the driver face.

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Typically a little cut shot

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? I prefer a high cut

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Kind of hilly course with a decent about of up and down. I am from Missouri.

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. I am 5'10" with a slender/muscular build. I weigh right at 170 lbs. I do have long arms for my height, as my wing span is 6'4"

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) I wear a cadet medium large

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? This is hard but I am usually kind of flat going back so backswing is maybe Kuchar (but not that flat).

14. etc. The more the better it become.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking for help with drive shaft, I feel like I'm spinning it way too much

How often you play in a month? 5-8 times

How often you practice in a month? Atleast 4 times a week

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? Driver swing 5, everything else 7

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? Handicap is around 8

What is your strength on your game? My strength is probably my short game if I had to pick one.

1. What is the club existing set up? Nike Vapor Flex with weight forward. Shaft is a Diamana Blue board stiff flex at 63 grams.

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Medium tempo but I go pretty hard on the downward transiition

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 5, somedays I find only the middle and somedays I'm all over the place

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? I feel like I'm spinning the ball too much. It very much could just be my swing but maybe a lower spinning shaft would help.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? Yes, at Golfssmith. Swing speed is around 109-114. Ball speed around 160-168. Sidespin is roughly 2300-2400 on a good swing but past 3300 on bad swings. Launch Angle hover around 10-15 degrees.

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Medium launch/low spin shaft. To help minimize excessive spin.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Bad shots are slices. I either hit it on the toe or push it right due to a wide open face.

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Medium/high ball flight with a 10-15 yard draw for about 280-290 carry

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? I prefer a high draw

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? I'm from Cleveland, OH so usually wet/moist conditions. Although the courses tend to dry up in August/September.

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. I am 5'9 220lbs, bulky and some leftover muscle from my football playing days.

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) I wear a cadet medium.

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? I would say a mix of Jason Day and Patrick Reed. My swing tempo would be similar of Day's and follow through like Reed's except for all the feet movement. I would like to model myself after Day. Such an athletic swing.

Stealth Plus 7.5* Accra TZ5 M5 65

Sim Ti 14* Fuji Speeder TR 757x

Titleist Tsr2 18* Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 8x

Mizuno 223 4-PW PX  LS 6.5

SM9 50/12F, 54/10S, 60/12D PX Wedge 6.5

Bettinardi Queen B 10 Blackout Stability Tour

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? Driver swing 5, everything else 7

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? Handicap is around 8

1. What is the club existing set up? Nike Vapor Flex with weight forward. Shaft is a Diamana Blue board stiff flex at 63 grams.

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Medium tempo but I go pretty hard on the downward transiition

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 5, somedays I find only the middle and somedays I'm all over the place

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? I feel like I'm spinning the ball too much. It very much could just be my swing but maybe a lower spinning shaft would help.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? Yes, at Golfssmith. Swing speed is around 109-114. Ball speed around 160-168. Sidespin is roughly 2300-2400 on a good swing but past 3300 on bad swings. Launch Angle hover around 10-15 degrees.

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Medium launch/low spin shaft. To help minimize excessive spin.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Bad shots are slices. I either hit it on the toe or push it right due to a wide open face.

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Medium/high ball flight with a 10-15 yard draw for about 280-290 carry

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? I prefer a high draw

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? I'm from Cleveland, OH so usually wet/moist conditions. Although the courses tend to dry up in August/September.

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. I am 5'9 220lbs, bulky and some leftover muscle from my football playing days.

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) I wear a cadet medium.

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? I would say a mix of Jason Day and Patrick Reed. My swing tempo would be similar of Day's and follow through like Reed's except for all the feet movement. I would like to model myself after Day. Such an athletic swing.

Answer: try X flex and maybe even 70-75gr shaft for better control.

Answer: try X flex and maybe even 70-75gr shaft for better control.

Thank you very much!

Stealth Plus 7.5* Accra TZ5 M5 65

Sim Ti 14* Fuji Speeder TR 757x

Titleist Tsr2 18* Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 8x

Mizuno 223 4-PW PX  LS 6.5

SM9 50/12F, 54/10S, 60/12D PX Wedge 6.5

Bettinardi Queen B 10 Blackout Stability Tour

Okay guys (and girls), here we go!

I'm looking for new irons, trying to find out if going to 90-95 gram shafts would be good or if it's better to stick close to what I'm using.

How often you play in a month?

4-6 rounds

How often you practice in a month?

Once a week, tops

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.

8-9

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?

6.7 EGA, European. Dropped from 11.3 to 6.7 in approx 10 months.

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?

Strongest: gapwedge. My weak point is chipping and long puts.

Iron fitting Questionnaire:

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft?.

Yes, -0.75º lie. Standard lofts (for 1999)

2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please!

PING ISI, 4-9 iron. Hard stepped ZZ65 shafts, red dots (-0.75º). Standard length. (ZZ65's are 108.8 grams, about as stiff as the DG S300, but with stiffer tip.)

3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?

I have, but I'm not sure about the exact numbers, have been on both Flightscope and Trackman not that it does matter.

4. What is your existing complain on your current set up?

It's from september 1999.

5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?

I'd like some more forgiveness, there is some serious inconsistency in the flex of the shafts.

6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade?

Higher, I'd like to see a draw but I'm very happy with straight like I'm shooting now.

7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?

Straight, high.

8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where?

Right, slice. If I miss the sweet spot I hit it towards the toe.

9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?

High.

10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?

High, fade.

11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )?

My 5 iron is about 197 yards carry, I'm not sure about the swing speed. (Driver is about 102-105mph)

12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on?

29.5" (75cm)

13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on?

31" (89cm)

14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger?

ML Gloves, 4.5" from wrist to start of finger, 7,5" total hand length, 3 3/8" longest finger

15. How tall are you?

Just over 5'10"

16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker?

Deep-medium

17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?

I won't dare to compare myself. I wish It'd be like Matt Kuchar.

18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing?

Medium. Slowish take-away, strong transition, quick and strong swing.

Questions:

- What weight would be a good choice for me? 90-95 grams, 105-110? (I don't want to go 120-125!)

- Steel or graphite+steel (XPI/Recoil/SteelFiber), I like a bit of dampening for mishits :)

- I'm not sure about the heads yet, 90% sure it will be PING i e1 :) (Or maybe Srixon 745 or Bridgestone J15's or maybe Mizuno MP15/25 or Yamaha RMX's)

Slapping the ball around a bit, having loads of fun.

• 4 weeks later...