For you guys asking for a help in picking a shaft!

joey3108

Greetings, My goal is to squeeze a few more yards out of my driver, while maintaining an acceptable dispersion rate.....perhaps a pipe dream>

I am a 51 and I have experimented with a regular flex....not so good results.

[color=#282828]General questionnaire ( A must for all fitting) :[/color]

[color=#282828]How often you play in a month? 12-15 [/color][color=#0000ff] 18 hole rounds[/color]
[color=#282828]How often you practice in a month? [/color][color=#0000ff]2-3 nights per week[/color]
[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? [/color][color=#0000ff] 7.5 -8[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [/color][color=#0000ff] GAM 4.1[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?[/color][color=#0000FF] iron play[/color]

[color=#282828]Iron fitting Questionnaire:[/color]

[color=#282828]1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? No[/color]
[color=#282828]2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! TM R11 TP 10.5 stock 65 gram Blur stiff shaft [/color]

[color=#282828]3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Trackman numbers are from my current TM driver[/color]
[attachment=1934946:trackman numbers.PNG]

[color=#282828]4. What is your existing complain on your current set up?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]balooning especially into the wind... good contact miss is usually a pull or hook[/color]

[color=#282828]5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?[/color]
[color=#0000FF], less hook, less spin, lower ball flight[/color]

[color=#282828]6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]lower[/color]

[color=#282828]7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?[/color]
[color=#0000ff]mid to high[/color]

[color=#282828]8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]my miss on the left side ...consistently hit sweet spot..misses will be on heal side[/color]

[color=#282828]9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?\[/color]
[color=#0000FF]I can usually hit it high [/color]

[color=#282828]10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?[/color]
[color=#0000ff]draw[/color]

[color=#282828]11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]190-195 - 95-98mph[/color]

[color=#282828]12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players[/color]
[color=#0000FF]I'm a right handed player... 31 [/color]

[color=#282828]13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players[/color]
[color=#0000FF]36.5"[/color]

[color=#282828]14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)[/color]
[color=#0000ff]No Glove[/color]

[color=#282828]15. How tall are you?[/color]
[color=#0000FF]6'0[/color]

[color=#282828]16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker?[/color]
[color=#0000ff]Shallow[/color]

[color=#282828]17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?[/color]
[color=#0000ff]I have been told Fred Couples[/color]

[color=#282828]18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing?[/color]
[color=#0000ff]Smooth. consistent loading [/color]

[color=#0000FF][size=4]Thanks in advance[/size][/color]
[color=#0000FF][size=4]Kirk[/size][/color]

[color=#0000FF][size=4]Answer: Why filling up the iron questionaire for a driver fitting? Anyway, LM numbers tell me you hit the average lower than you need[/size][/color], Why you said you need lower ball flight?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, hello Joe and thank you for taking the time to provide answers to people! I'm looking to buy a new set of irons (moving from blades to players' irons) and am wondering what shafts would best fit my game. I see a lot of talk about "upgraded shafts" but I care about choosing the right shaft (not necessarily the most expensive ones) am wondering which shaft I should be looking at. It looks like the options are Dynamic Golds, KBS Tours, KBS C-Tapers, Project X, or stock shafts (I'm looking at Ping S56/S55, so the Ping CFS/AWT (?) shaft comes in a lot of those sets standard).

General questionnaire ( A must for all fitting) :

How often you play in a month? [color=#0000ff]10-12 times per month[/color]
How often you practice in a month? [color=#0000ff]6 times per month[/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [color=#0000ff]8?[/color]
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [color=#0000ff]I'm about a 1 GHIN index [/color]
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? [color=#0000ff]putting and driver distance are strengths[/color]

Iron fitting Questionnaire:

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? [color=#0000ff]I've been fit on a lie-board once, had my current irons adjusted 1 degree upright on the short irons (7-pw) and kept then standard lie on the longer irons (4-6). The standard lie on 7-PW are 62* (7), 62.5* (8), 63* (9), 63.5* (PW)[/color]
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! [color=#0000ff]I currently play '99 Hogan Apex blades. Apex 4 shafts. Standard length, lie angles as described above[/color]
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?[b][color=#0000ff]Don't have data, not posting[/color][/b]
4. What is your existing complain on your current set up? [color=#0000ff]I want to move to something with a little more distance forgiveness. I hit these irons pretty solid, but I'd like to change to something that won't penalize me quite so much on off-center hits.[/color]
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? [color=#0000ff]I'd like to get some irons that are more forgiving on off-center hits but still keep a similar blade / players' iron profile (thin topline, no offset, smaller head size, etc.)[/color]
6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade? [color=#0000ff]I'd love to hit the ball high and straight (wouldn't everybody!) [/color]
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? [color=#0000ff]My swing is such that I deloft the club a lot at impact (a lot of forward shaft lean). Therefore, I generally hit the ball fairly low for the iron that I'm hitting and I get a fair amount of roll once the ball hits the ground. On good days I'm hitting the ball this way with a little baby cut.[/color]
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? [color=#0000ff]My misses come in two main batches: either I shut the face down at impact and nuke the ball long and left, or I catch it a little fat and block it out to the right. My "nervous" miss is a block to the right.[/color]
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? [color=#0000ff]I hit the ball pretty low (see above explanation).[/color]
10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [color=#0000ff]I generally hit a low-ish little cut with my irons and a draw with my fairway woods / hybrids. When I get ahead of it and my body turns too quickly I hit a big draw.[/color]
11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? [color=#0000ff]My 5 iron goes about 205 on a normal day. I believe the swing speed on the 5 iron is around 90-93 mph (as far as I can remember from my one fitting experience). Not sure about carry distance.[/color]
12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players [color=#0000ff]Not sure, I know when I was fitted I was told I was about right for either standard length irons or 1/4" short. I play standard length (37.75" 5 iron) and choke the club a little bit now.[/color]
13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players [color=#0000ff]See above[/color]
14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) [color=#0000ff]I wear a Cadet Medium glove. Not sure about the length measurements, but I have recently started switching over to midsize grips due to the recommendation of a local clubmaker and love the feel of that.[/color]
15. How tall are you? [color=#0000ff]Somewhere around 5'8", maybe slightly taller (1/4 inch taller maybe)[/color]
16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? [color=#0000ff]I think my swing is fairly steep, so I'd say I take medium-to-deep divots. [/color]
17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? [color=#0000ff]Because of the way I keep the face shut, maybe Graeme McDowell? But I have a longer swing than his, and I have the club laid off at the top (not pointing down the target line)[/color]
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing? [color=#0000ff]Medium tempo. Not sure about shaft loading factor.[/color]

Again, thank you so much for your time!

Ping G425 Max, 12* set to 13.5*, Tensei AV Raw Orange 65 R
Ping G425 Max 5 wood, 17.5* set to 18.5*, Tensei AV Raw Orange 75 S

Titleist 818h1 23* set to 24*, Project X Evenflow Blue S

Ping i210 4-UW, Nippon Modus 105S, Black Dot
Titleist Vokey SM7 54* 14F, 58* 12D Wedge Flex
Evnroll ER6B

Titleist Pro V1

[i]Hi Joe,[/i]
[i]Newbie posting here looking for driver shaft info,[/i]
[i]Currently using a Callaway Razr fit with a Project X 5.0 blue shaft. My swing speed is roughly 85-95mph. Ball flight is mid/high. I like the driver but i'm finding if i swing a bit too fast i hit it low and left.[/i]
[i]Do you think a project x 5.5 or 6.0 would give me better results?[/i]
[i]I don't consider myself a fast swinger or hard hitter with my driver, possibly Luke Donald tempo.[/i]
[i]My h/c is 5 and i play at least twice per week. [/i]

[quote name='blcky67' timestamp='1384355166' post='8142522']
[i]Hi Joe,[/i]
[i]Newbie posting here looking for driver shaft info,[/i]
[i]Currently using a Callaway Razr fit with a Project X 5.0 blue shaft. My swing speed is roughly 85-95mph. Ball flight is mid/high. I like the driver but i'm finding if i swing a bit too fast i hit it low and left.[/i]
[i]Do you think a project x 5.5 or 6.0 would give me better results?[/i]
[i]I don't consider myself a fast swinger or hard hitter with my driver, possibly Luke Donald tempo.[/i]
[i]My h/c is 5 and i play at least twice per week. [/i]
[/quote] Please refer to post # 691, thank you

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

How often you play in a month?
[color=#0000CD]10-12[/color]
How often you practice in a month?
[color=#0000FF]8-10[/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.
[color=#0000FF]7[/color]
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?
[color=#0000FF]3 / GHIN[/color]
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?
[color=#0000FF]Keeping the ball in play, hit it pretty straight, iron play is probably my strength of the clubs[/color]

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft?
[color=#0000FF]No I have not[/color]
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please!
[color=#0000FF]Ping G15's/ Green dot (2.75 degrees upright / 1/2" longer than standard / regular shaft Ping stock AWT steel[/color]
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?[color=#FF0000][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.[/b][/color]
[color=#0000FF]I have been but do not have the details[/color]
4. What is your existing complain on your current set up?
[color=#0000FF]Wondering if graphite would be more beneficial as I get older [/color]
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?
[color=#0000FF]Lighter club, less stress on hand, arm, elbow and shoulder joints[/color]
6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade?
[color=#0000FF]Ball flight is right to left now, I like that but wonder if graphite would have much impact on that[/color]
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?
[color=#0000FF]It is right to left fairly consistently, sometimes hit it straight, if I hit it right it is usually a block[/color]
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where?
[color=#0000FF]Mistake is usually a hook to the left, usually not a problem hitting the sweet spot, not every time though![/color]
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?
[color=#0000FF]High[/color]
10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?
[color=#0000FF]High draw[/color]
11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )?
[color=#0000FF]180 - 185[/color]
12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
[color=#0000FF]RH 31 inches[/color]
13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
[color=#0000FF]35 inches[/color]
14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)
[color=#0000FF]Men's Cadet ML 71/2[/color]
15. How tall are you?
[color=#0000FF]6'0"[/color]
16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker?
[color=#0000FF]Medium[/color]
17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?
[color=#0000FF]I am showing my age here but Bob Murphy, I take it back slow and pause at the top, maybe Fred Couples[/color]
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing?
[color=#0000FF]Smooth, I am not a quick twitch guy, the comments I get most about my swing is how smooth my tempo is. I would say consistent shaft loading[/color]

• 1 month later...

Joe,

Looking for some advice on iron/wedge shaft change with a new set of irons. Hopefully I've given you the necessary information to weigh-in below. Thank you in advance for your assistance! To preface, I'm currently gaming 712 AP2 3-PW (19* 3i, 23* 4i, stock on the rest of the lofts), with C-Taper S+ shafts, +1/2" long. I currently play on an open course, with 15-25mph winds common. I'm moving to a new home course (more woods) and more of a target golf course. I don't necessarily need distance, I want control and ability to work the ball as needed.

I'm looking to purchase 714 CB/MB combo (CB 3-6, MB 7-PW) +1/2" and considering going to a DGX100 soft-stepped vs the C-Taper S+. I would like to know your thoughts on this shaft vs the C-Taper for me, as well as what wedge shafts to get. I currently game Vokey's (50, 54, 58) with a KBS Hi-Rev Stiff shaft paired with the C-Taper S+ in the 712 AP2 irons.

[color=#282828]How often you play in a month? [b]in-season about 5/week (played 164 rounds in MN this past year). 2014 will likely be 3-4/week[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]How often you practice in a month? [b]in-season about 1-3/week[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]6.5 - 8.5 (depends on my mental state!)[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]W[/color][color=#282828]hat is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [b]Fluctuates between 4.8-6.7 during the season (currently 6.7/GHIN)[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? [b]Fairway wood tee shots on par 4's, capable or reaching most par 5's with fairway wood or 3i, putting.[/b][/color]

Iro[color=#282828]n fitting Questionnaire:[/color]

[color=#282828]1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? [b] YES, Titleist rep fitting in 2012. 712 AP2 fitted at +1/2" length, 2* upright[/b][/color]

[color=#282828]2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! [b]Fitted to a C-Taper S+ shaft (125g)[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?[/color][color=#ff0000][b] Not readily available[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]4. What is your existing complain on your current set up? [b]The AP2 is a bit hot for the face on 8-PW (more pronounced with 9/PW) and this creates the need for a Vokey 49* wedge for gaps (with an AP2 wedge at 47*). I'm also switching home courses which is less windy, and greens are less receptive, so hitting higher and more spin would be nice.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? [b]I would like to have more spin, more consistent distances, etc.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade? [b]I would prefer higher, keeping the draw I have.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? [b]Considered medium to high on full shots (w/ C-Taper S+)[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? [b]Miss is hook/snap hook due to hands getting quick.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? [b]High-ball[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [b]High-Draw[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? [b]190-195 yards, SS 95-98[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players[/color]
[color=#282828]13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players[/color]
[color=#282828]14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) [b]Cadet ML[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]15. How tall are you? [b]6'1"[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? [b]Medium (although I also pick low irons pretty clean)[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour player? [b]I have a fairly upright swing, not sure who it mimics.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing? [b]I get quick on 36 hole days, handsy is the best word for it. But if I'm mentally there, it's a smooth aggressive swing.[/b][/color]

[color=#282828]Wedge Fitting Questionnaire:[/color]

[color=#282828]1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? on 6 iron? [b]Current 6i is 31*, 64* lie, 38" long[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! [b]See above. [/b][/color]
[color=#282828]3. What is your existing complain on your current set up? [b]Due to the AP2 PW being hotter, I carry a 50* Vokey, bent to 49* for full wedge shots mostly, occassionally use around green.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]4. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? [b]I am considering a change to DGX100 over the C-Taper S+ and would like to know your thoughts on this setup and how to set up the wedges for this CB/MB combo vs the AP2.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]5. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players[/color]
[color=#282828]6. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players[/color]
[color=#282828]7. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH 8. How tall are you?[/color]
[color=#282828]9. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? Short or long divot? trapper, driver or slider? [b]For full wedge shots, medium long divots. For half-wedge shots, slider mostly, but pinch shots playing in back in my stance (closing the club)[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]10. Do you do a lot of low pinch/trap spinner shots? [b]I'm working on that to be my preferred wedge shot for partial swings. I current have a 54/11 (M grind) bent to 53, and a 58/09 (S grind) bent to 57. [/b][/color]
[color=#282828]11. Do you a lot of flop shots? What club you use on these shots? [b]Again, I'm trying to work on the above, but yes, I do like to hit these as I grew up in SC (live in MN now) and use this shot from around greens. I normally use the 58/09 wedge for this.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]12. Do you adjust face angle or ball position on your shots, especially of full shots? [b]I typically do not vary the face angle on full shots, but I will move the ball in stance, with a tendency to move forward on full shots[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]13. Do you consider very creative on your shots around the green or trying to be as simple as possible on your shots? [b]I'm working to get simplier, not try and get cute.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]14, What is your striking ability scale 1 - 10? [b]8 (range of 7-9)[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]15. Any particular technique or method you like to tell me on your wedge game? [b]I'm a handsy player, making flop shots easier, but working to break the amount of hands in the swing.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]16. Tell me about your course turf condition, design, average green speed, Green size and undulation, etc? [b]Tillinghast course, mounds, grainy sand (not firm, but not beach sand soft). Bent grass so tight and some bare spots around greens.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]17. Which PGA player that you like on their wedge play style? [b]I just want a set up that I'm confident in, that helps me be confident on each shot.[/b][/color]

[b]Driver: [/b] PXG Gen5 0311 10.5*, 45” Motore F3 X-Stiff
[b]Fairway: [/b] PXG Gen 5 0311 15*, 43” Motore F3 X-Stiff
[b]Hybrids/Driving Irons: [/b]
[b]Irons: [/b] Titleist T-100S 3i-GW, +1/2” 1* Up, Modus 105T Stiff 
[b]Wedges: [/b] Titleist Vokey SM9 53* & 58* Modus 105T Stiff (both 36”)
[b]Putter: [/b] LowTide Fin Custom (23rd Putter made), 33.5", 303 Stainless
[b]Grips: [/b] .58 Tour Velvet Cord +1 wrap, Pure Grip Putter (Std)

[b]Ball: [/b] 2021 Vice Pro Plus / Pro 

[b]Bag & Headcovers: [/b] Varies 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Joe,

I am currently looking at purchasing a TM Jetspeed 10.5* driver and a TM SLDR 3 HL or TM Jetspeed 3 HL & 5 fairway wood for this year. I have been uncertain on what shaft would pair well with these heads. I have been looking at pretty much all the offerings and I am still unclear what to go with.

I am totally open to what you have to offer and are willing to answer as many questions as possible to find the right shaft.

[i][b]General questionnaire ( A must for all fitting) :[/b][/i]

How often you play in a month? [i][b][color=#000080]2-3 times per month[/color][/b][/i]
How often you practice in a month? [i][b][color=#000080]I try to practice at least once a week (either hitting balls, chipping or working on putting)[/color][/b][/i]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? [color=#000080][i][b]5-7[/b][/i][/color]
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [i][b][color=#000080]N/A (I use to play at 6.3 but since moving to Atalnta I haven't been able to get back into a handicap system)[/color][/b][/i]
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? [color=#000080][i][b]Irons[/b][/i][/color]

[i][b]Driver fitting questionnaire:[/b][/i]

1. What is the club existing set up? [color=#000080][i][b]Taylormade R9 460 TP w/ Fujikura Motore F1 65 stiff flex; Taylormade R9 TP 3 15* w/ Fujikura Motore F1 85 stiff flex[/b][/i][/color]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? [color=#000080][i][b]For the most part I have a smooth tempo. When I get quick is when i get into trouble off the tee.[/b][/i][/color] Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [color=#000080][i][b]I have been told from a mizuno iron fitting that I have a medium load (closer to heavy than light)[/b][/i][/color]
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? [color=#000080][i][b]5-7 (mainly because I don't get to play or practice enough anymore) My striking ability is “ok” it used to be a lot better.[/b][/i][/color]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [i][b][color=#000080]I am looking to update my setup (driver and 3 wood) because I haven't done so since 2009. I also, feel that I need to go with a heavier driver shaft because sometimes I feel the 65g shaft is too light.[/color][/b][/i]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.
[color=#000080][i][b]The numbers came from a Jetspeed 10.5* with stock TP shaft (Matrix Velox ST 60 stiff) & Matrix 6Q3 stiff. The two different shafts are labeled on the launch monitor results. Sorry that its alittle blurry I could only take a picture with my phone to save the numbers.[/b][/i][/color]
[attachment=2076039:launch monitor.JPG]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [color=#000080][i][b]I am trying to eliminate my miss to the left. I know it is mainly do to the fact that I don't play or practice enough anymore, but I though if I went with a driver which is easier to hit and with a heavier shaft that would help.[/b][/i][/color]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [color=#000080][i][b]My miss is to the left (hook); especially when I stand over the ball too long. If I miss it off the face it is usually off the toe.[/b][/i][/color]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?[color=#000080][i][b] I really like to have a penetrating ball flight with low spin. My swing tends to produce a high amount of spin.[/b][/i][/color]
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [color=#000080][i][b]A low fade is a lot easier for me to hit, then a high draw[/b][/i][/color]
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [color=#000080][i][b]I am from Atlanta, GA and the course conditions are usually pretty dry in the summer[/b][/i][/color]
11. Body build and postures? height?[color=#000080][i][b] medium body build, broad shoulders, strong posture (unless i start to get tired), 6’0”[/b][/i][/color]
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) [color=#000080][i][b]Glove size: ML; length of wrist: 8”; Length of longest finger: 3.25”[/b][/i][/color]
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [color=#000080][i][b]Dustin Johnson[/b][/i][/color]
14. Misc. Info: [b][i][color=#000080]When I was hitting balls to get the launch monitor info, the two shafts that I tired out felt totally different. The Velox ST felt "ok" not great but stable. To me the 6Q3 felt softer than the Velox, but on solid hits it felt better. Some of my swings with the 6Q3, the shaft felt alittle soft and whippy. Before I gamed the Motore F1, I played the Speeder 757 for about 2 years and loved it.[/color][/i][/b]

Thank you in advance for all your help. I'm sure you are really busy all the time doing fittings, so it is much apprecaited that you take your time to help us WRXers!!

Answer: 6Q3 shaft specs are good but need S/X flex to tighten up your dispersion, use 3 layers tape under the 580 grip to give you more control.

TM R9 460 TP 10.5* Matrix TP7HD X
                TM R9 TP 15* Motore F1 S
                TM TP 19* & 22* Rescue VooDoo S
                TM TP 2009 5-PW Project X 6.0
                WITB Link
                Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant 34"
                TM TP '09 54 & 58

• 1 month later...

Hey Joe,

Looking to pick up a new driver. I used to love my FT9, but I had two break on me, so for the past year or so I've been using an i20. My game hasn't been the same since the switch. I'm a high launch and high spin player (especially off the tee), and even with my low spin combo (i20 + Ahina) I'm still hitting drives with too much spin. I'm leaning heavily towards the BB Alpha, but not quite sure what shaft to go with. My flightscope numbers may be a little bit lacking, but I hope you're able to give me a recommendation anyway. I'm a scratch player.

How often you play in a month? -- Nearly every day
How often you practice in a month? -- Nearly every day
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10? An 8 or a 9 I'd say.
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? My GHIN index is .5.
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? It has typically been the driver, but ever since I broke my FT9, I've been lost off the tee, hence the driver fitting.

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) [b]9.5* PING i20 w/ Diamana Ahina 73x[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b]I would have to say quick tempo, heavy loader. I could email you a swing video if you prefer.[/b]
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability?[b] 8 or 9. Able to make consistent contact.[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b]Something just isn't right. It seems like a low spin setup, but it just isn't the case for me. When I've hit other driver setups, I've had a lot more success (lower spin, lower ball flight) The types in particular that I've tried and had success with is the SLDR w/Matrix Black Tie X-Flex & SLDR w/XCOM X-Flex.[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [color=#0000ff]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color=#0000ff] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color] [b][color=#ff0000]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b] [color=#ff0000][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b][/color]

[b]This may be a delima. I was able to hit on a flightscope yesterday, but unfortunately the range I was stationed at had the tees moved up to the point where hitting driver was not an option. The most club I could hit was a 3 wood off the deck. The numbers are as follows:

Carry: 248
Total: 253
Club Head: 108 MPH
Ball Speed: 150 MPH
Smash: 1.39
Spin: 4504 RM
Launch: 9.6
Height: 103
These were all pull/fade with a 13* Diablo Edge Tour 3w w/ a Grafalloy Epic 3w shaft in X-flex. Don't know exact weight, but I tipped it about an inch and a half and it's suuuuper stiff. I'm a religious cutter of the ball, and am super high spin, [i]especially [/i]off the tee.[/b]

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b]Making solid contact is never an issue. My misses are usually pulls (out to in path, with a closed club face)[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url]) that you like when you are playing good? [b]High pull fades[/b]
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [b]FADE[/b]
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]I play here in Arizona, where the fairways are incredibly dry. I feel that due to my high spin, I'm misisng out on a ton of distance, because everybody gets a lot of roll.[/b]
11. [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url] and postures? height? etc.[b] I'm 6'3", about a 180 lbs.[/b]
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) [b]I wear a cadet medium. Wrist to longest finger is 9". Longest finger is just over 4.5"[/b]
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url]? at least who do you like it to be?[b] I try to emmulate Kuchar the best I can. I'm not quite as severe in some sense.[/b]

Answer: Definitely need a lesson to fix your attack angle. No shaft can reduce 1000rpm without fixing your attack angle and release action to get ball in proper LA and spin rate.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Current Driver: 913D3 8.5 w/ Motore Speeder TS 7.3X, 44.5"
Trackman numbers:
Swing Speed - 109
Ballspeed - 160
AoA - (-1.2)
Launch - 10.1
Spin - 2400 rpm

4 hdcp
6'1, 170lb, Athletic build
Medium to high shaft loader
Consistency: 8

Looking for a shaft with higher launch. Used to play Rombax 7z08 and was launching that too high in a 910d3 10.5 but was considering it in a SLDR 430. I play a Rombax P95 in my 3w and love the feel.

answer: the non tour specs 7.3 is the answer.

joe

Titleist TSR3 10* Ventus Black 6x
Titleist TSR2 15* Ventus Blue 7x
Titleist 818H1 21* Graphite Design AD-DI 105x

Titleist T100S 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist Vokey SM8 48-10 F Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 54-12 D Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist Vokey SM9 60-08 M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

TaylorMade Spider GT
WITB Link

Non[quote name='sanjaygolf' timestamp='1399779166' post='9271647']
Current Driver: 913D3 8.5 w/ Motore Speeder TS 7.3X, 44.5"
Trackman numbers:
Swing Speed - 109
Ballspeed - 160
AoA - (-1.2)
Launch - 10.1
Spin - 2400 rpm

4 hdcp
6'1, 170lb, Athletic build
Medium to high shaft loader
Consistency: 8

Looking for a shaft with higher launch. Used to play Rombax 7z08 and was launching that too high in a 910d3 10.5 but was considering it in a SLDR 430. I play a Rombax P95 in my 3w and love the feel.

answer: the non tour specs 7.3 is the answer.

joe
[/quote]

Did you mean the non tour spec 7.2?

Titleist TSR3 10* Ventus Black 6x
Titleist TSR2 15* Ventus Blue 7x
Titleist 818H1 21* Graphite Design AD-DI 105x

Titleist T100S 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist Vokey SM8 48-10 F Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 54-12 D Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist Vokey SM9 60-08 M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

TaylorMade Spider GT
WITB Link

How often you play in a month?

2 -3 times a month

How often you practice in a month?

once a month

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?

Driver and putter

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft?

Standard Modern Loft (46 pw), +1 Lie angle

2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please!

Romaro Ray H with nippon ns pro 950gr Reg flex, mizuno standard iron length (shaft pulled from my previous mizuno mx300)

3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.

8 iron launch data

krgwp.jpg

x3vcdt.jpg

24qr14p.jpg

4. What is your existing complain on your current set up?

A bit too light total weight and not enough spin / launch to stop on the green

5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?

I want a heavier shaft to help maintain my swing tempo, and higher launching, graphite or steel shaft doesn't matter.

6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade?

I'd prefer high draw, as I'm struggling with aiming with fades.

7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?

Medium Launch draw

8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where?

Block Right or pull left from a closed face. Sweet spot tend to miss near heel.

9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?

High Ball hitter

10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?

High Draw

11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )?

5 iron is 160m ish

12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players

72.5 cm

13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players

84 cm

14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)

Wrist to longest finger : 20.5cm, Length longest finger : 9.5cm, Glove size wilson staff & footjoy size 26

15. How tall are you?

175cm

16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker?

Shallow to no divot

17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?

My swing looks a lot like Chris Kirk

18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing?

Slow & pause backswing, and medium release downswing

BIG THANKS JOE!!!!

Answer: 17.7* LA for 8 iron is not a high enough launch with your ball speed and spin rate numbers. I can see the spin rate is to high actually for the LA. I hate to say this, It's your swing if the LM is correct and calibrated correctly.

Hi joey,

first of thanks for your efforts. I´m searching a new shaft for my driver. At the moment i´m gaming a nike covert performance driver 9,5 ° with the kuro kage silver 75 x shaft in it. Unfortunaltley i don´t like the feel of the shaft and it produces not very good numbers for me. so i´m looking for some more extra yard and a bit more feel in the shaft.

How often you play in a month? [color=#008000]12 rounds[/color]
How often you practice in a month? [color=#008000]at least twice a week[/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [color=#008000]9[/color]
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [color=#008000]+2,9 [/color]/ [color=#008000]European HCP system[/color]
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? [color=#008000]Fairly accurate drives, decent irons , good short game and decent putting[/color]

Driver fitting questionnaire:

1. What is the club existing set up? [b][color=#008000]Nike Covert Performance 9.5 ° Kuro Kage silver 75x[/color][/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? [color=#008000]Heavy loader, swing tempo 110-113[/color]
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? [color=#008000]Consistent about 9[/color]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [color=#008000]Shaft produces to much spin maybe launches a tad to low[/color]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [color=#0000ff]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color=#0000ff] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color] [b][color=#ff0000]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b] [color=#ff0000][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b][/color]
A[color=#008000]verages:[/color]
[color=#008000]Club Head Average : 112[/color]
[color=#008000]Attack Angle: + 0,1[/color]
[color=#008000]Club Path + 3,2[/color]
[color=#008000]Ball Speed 163 mph[/color]
[color=#008000]Smash: 1.45[/color]
[color=#008000]Launch 12°[/color]
[color=#008000]Spin: 3249[/color]
[color=#008000]Spin axis: +2,8[/color]
[color=#008000]Carry: 256 y[/color]
[color=#008000]Total : 270y[/color]
The measured shots were with range balls

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?
[color=#008000]More yards, better smash, stay consistent[/color]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [color=#008000]Block to the right sometimes imapact low at heel[/color]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url]) that you like when you are playing good? [color=#008000]tiny draw, [/color]
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [color=#008000]High draw[/color]
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [color=#008000]Germany fairly moderate firmness most of the time medium roll on fairways[/color]
11. [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url] and postures? height? etc. [color=#008000]183cm 80 kg athletic[/color]
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) [color=#008000]Medium-Large, standard grip size with one extra layer of tape[/color]
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url]? at least who do you like it to be? [color=#008000]Bit like old ricky fowler, laid off at the top[/color]
14. etc. The more the better it become.
[color=#008000]I think i´m switching back to my old 910 titleist driver with 9,5° because the nike covert didn´t match my expectations and i like the looks of the titleist head and the feel better. (shaft Project X 6.5 blue unfortunatley i have no trackman data available with this driver)[/color]

[color=#008000]Thanks for your help , looking forward to your answer.[/color]

[color=#008000]Answer: Post again when you change the driver, No point to answer if you gonna change anyway. right?[/color]

• 3 weeks later...

Brand new member here, found this forum as result of several google searches. I read the post from joey about required info when requesting help with shaft selection. I don't have it all, but try to include most of the particulars.

Current Irons (for last 20 years)<-- I like my irons
Golfsmith Tour Cavity Pro
RP Rifle shafts 5.5
Standard length, lie, loft.
Body type: 5'9", powerful, restricted movement
I play on average 72 holes a month all spring, summer, fall
I don't keep a handicap, last time I did was '97, 14. I've bounced along in the 80's my entire adult life.

I'm a good ball striker, if I mis-hit, it's due to poor address or swing too hard.
I hit straight with good elevation. I comfortably draw and fade my irons; a bit.
My hand is 7.5" and mid finger is 3 3/8, I use standard Tacki-Mac's and I'm happy with that.
I'm not an equipment guy, I've started reading on the internet and now I have questions.

I'm 53 and suffer from several vertebrae in my spine and neck are fused. This is a progressive thing, and has never really bothered my golf game until the last two years. I just returned from a golf trip, we played 36 each day. When you play that much, you cannot ignore your obvious flaws. I knew I was losing clubhead speed but have been compensating by muscling up and swinging hard. Midway through the week, I gave up on that; clubbed up +2 and hit my 7 wood a lot. My scores dropped. And I realized this was my future. Funny thing is, I still hit my Adams Driver pretty well, I roll out to 240-250 like a machine.

So I came home and visited a club fitter, used the Launch Monitor. My 6-iron normal swing is 65 mph. I could swing 70 OK. But to achieve 75 mph I was out of control. The Pro, immediately hands me a bendy graphite shaft and tells me all about the weight of my shafts and he doesn't do re-shafting, but he'll sell me a new set of Wilson FG's with a similar head like I'm using. I swung that club a bit, and I could sense the benefit. But I don't think I'm emotionally ready for Grandpa Jones Graphite sticks. I got out of there before he brought me my pipe and slippers.

I think I want to re-shaft my irons, I like them. But I'd like to claw back a little yardage if that's possible and get some backspin back on my lofted clubs. I think my swing is a bit unique because I'm still strong, I just lack the rotation needed to generate the clubspeed I had. I wouldn't say my transition is hard but I'm definitely trying to get things going in a much shorter arc than most folks. And these graphite shafts seem to be intended for those slow sweeping swings. Whereas (I hate to describe myself this way) mine is choppy and compressed. Somehow I don't think that is the ideal swing profile for a flexible graphite shaft.

I listened to the Pro Club Fitter and I think he's right about the weight of my shafts. I did a bit of internet browsing and I see that there are newer lightweight steel shafts, like the TT GS-75 or Nippon 750GH. Do you think that might be a reasonable direction for me to go? Or a mid-weight shaft in a Senior flex? Or, do I just give up on it and hit my 8-iron from 100 yards and learn to love my woods?

Hi! Thinking about switching my driver shaft because I just got an SLDR.

How often you play in a month? [color=#0000cd]4-5 rounds[/color]
How often you practice in a month? [color=#0000cd]3-5 times, I take practice swings at the dog park pretty much every day. [/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [color=#0000cd]9[/color]
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [color=#0000cd]6[/color]
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? [color=#0000cd]Irons. If I'm in the fairway, I get the GIR or am barely off.[/color] [color=#0000cd]Also a very good putter.[/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. [color=#0000cd]Titleist 910D3 9.5 with a GD AD DI 6x (though I frequency tested it and it's a 6.0). Plays 45 inches. [/color]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [color=#0000cd]Fairly quick, fairly heavy loader. [/color]
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? [color=#0000cd]My driver consistency sucks, 4. I would be a 1-3 if I could consistently drive the ball. Last weekend, I shot 85 playing a 7100 yard course--4 penalty strokes, all the result of errant drives. That doesn't include punch outs, etc.[/color]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [color=#0000cd]The 6x is great, but I think mine is too soft for my swing. I regularly feel like I put a good swing on the ball only to see it be way off line (even with correct alignment). [/color][color=#0000cd]Also, my drives have way too much spin.[/color]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [color=#0000ff]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color=#0000ff] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color] [b][color=#ff0000]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b] [color=#ff0000][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b][/color][color=#0000cd]N/A[/color]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [color=#0000cd]I want to decrease my dispersion and spin rate. [/color]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [color=#0000cd]Even on bad shots, the ball mark is in the center of the club face. My mishit is a push/fade mixed in with the occasional duck hook. I need to eliminate 1/2 the course to regain my confidence on the tee box. [/color]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url]) that you like when you are playing good? [color=#0000cd]straight or slight draw. [/color]
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [color=#0000cd]High, slight fade or straight.[/color]
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [color=#0000cd]Southeast. [/color]
11. [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url] and postures? height? etc. [color=#0000cd]5'10, 180 lbs, athletic (I can deadlift and squat 405+)[/color]
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) [color=#0000cd]Medium, 5.5 inches. [/color]
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url]? at least who do you like it to be? [color=#0000cd]I'd like it to look like Adam Scott's swing (wouldn't we all). [/color]

[color=#0000cd]I hate my inconsistency off the tee. I don't understand how I can be more consistent with my 4 iron than my driver. [/color]

How often you play in a month? 2 times/week
How often you practice in a month? 2 times/week
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 7
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 13 (8 round average)
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? putting is my most consistent part of my game, and driving straight.

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. 9.5 adams 9064ls with RIP gamma stiff. std length
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? smooth tempo
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? dont miss much on toe or heel. i hit straighter teeing it low. fade to slice when i tee it up higher and miss more consistently the middle of clubface
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? lost of spin. usually 3000+rpm, not ideal launch angle for max distance. i hit about 250 total distance with low drives and straight.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. N/A
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? max distance and consistency
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? fell to quick and come across the top...tend to fade more than planned or when really off, slice.
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? penetrating
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? comfort? low fade, but only bc that is what i am used too.
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Nashville. dry summers, generally hard/dry conditions
11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6'0, 260
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)XL glove
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Dufner
14. etc. The more the better it become

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

[b][color=#282828]How often you play in a month?[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]Once/month[/color]
[b][color=#282828]How often you practice in a month?[/color][/b]
Once/twice month
[b][color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.[/color][/b]
[b][color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?[/color][/b]
When I played regularly, I was a +2 using USGA GHIN, but now I play infrequently so I'll shoot 70 on a good day and 80 on a bad day. Home course is par 72 with 74.2 rating.
[b][color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?[/color][/b]
Long irons and short game.

[b][color=#282828]Driver fitting questionnaire:[/color][/b]

[b][color=#282828]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please.[/color][/b]
Titleist 913D3 8.5* set to 7.75*. Shaft is MFT Ahina 72 x-stiff tipped 1/2". This is from my 910D3. Swingweight is D4. Playing length is 45".

[b][color=#282828]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?[/color][/b]
I have a slightly quick tempo. My load is slightly heavy.

[b][color=#282828]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability?[/color][/b]
My swing is about an 8. The ball marks on my driver face are almost always in the middle. My miss is usually getting quick with my transition and coming over the top, and that's with all my clubs.

[b][color=#282828]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[/color][/b]
Sometimes, the shaft doesn't feel stable and I'll hook the ball like crazy. Also, I feel like I'm not getting enough distance.

[b][color=#282828]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [/color][/b][color=#0000FF]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color][color=#282828]?[/color][color=#0000FF] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color][color=#282828] [/color][b][color=#FF0000]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b][color=#282828] [/color][color=#FF0000][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b][/color]
Launch monitor data is from Bridgestone ball fitting over the winter.
Swing speed: 113 mph
Ball speed: 161 mph
Launch: 14.7*
Backspin: 2320 rpm
Sidespin: -165 rpm

[b][color=#282828]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[/color][/b]
Sometimes, I feel like I overpower the shaft and the clubhead isn't stable. If I make a smooth swing, it's great, but I'd like to be able to go after the ball on par 5s and long par 4s. Lower spin would be nice.

[b][color=#282828]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[/color][/b]
With my irons, it's a simple pull. With my driver, it's a hook, but the ball usually starts where I'm aiming. Misses on the face aren't too noticeable, maybe slightly toward the heel.

[b][color=#282828]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url][color=#282828]) that you like when you are playing good?[/color][/b]
High draw

[b][color=#282828]9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?[/color][/b]
High draw, but I work the ball very well

[b][color=#282828]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[/color][/b]
Medium turf conditions, Atlanta

[b][color=#282828]11. [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url][color=#282828] and postures? height? etc.[/color][/b]
6'0, a little overweight, average posture

[b][color=#282828]12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)[/color][/b]
Cadet Medium Large. Length from wrist to tip of middle finger is about 7 7/8". Length of middle finger is about 3 1/8".

[b][color=#282828]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url][color=#282828]? at least who do you like it to be?[/color][/b]
Watching the swing of Tiger, Rory, Adam Scott, Ernie Els, Jordan Spieth, and Zach Johnson, my tempo is probably closest to Tiger.

[b][color=#282828]14. etc. The more the better it become.[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]I have a RIP Alpha 80 xstiff tipped 1/2" in my 15* 913Fd and it feels too boardy and kind of dead. I have a Grafalloy Epic T90 xstiff tipped 3/4 in my 18* 913Fd and it generally feels pretty good but a little too flexible. The X100 in my 3 iron almost feels perfect, but the tip sometimes feels a little soft through impact. For reference, gripped CPM numbers with 5" clamp are: 45" driver is 272, 43" 3 wood is 280, and 42.5" 5 wood is 287.[/color]

[color=#282828]answer: Try shorter set up with slightly more tipping[/color] and bigger grip, especially on the bottom hand side. LA way to high for your speed, I would have to see your swing WHY too high.

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

I am LEFT handed if it makes a difference. Please recommend a driver shaft for me for a straighter flight and more consistent contact. Before this driver I never had an issue hitting the center of the face and I am under the assumption that the shaft has something to do with it.

How often you play in a month? 5 times

How often you practice in a month? 8 times

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 8

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? +3 Golf association of Michigan

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Usually Driver and wedges

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. 12* SLDR 430 (set on lower -1.5*) Oban kiyoshi Gold 65x tipped 1" D3 45.25"

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? normal tempo with a heavy load.

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 8, hit it solid 8/10 times, my miss is slight high toe usually.

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Inconsistent contact along with left, right, left, right, etc ball flights. every other club I hit very straight or slight draw.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [color=#0000FF]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"][color=#0F72DA]flightscope[/color][/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color=#0000FF] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color]
TRACKMAN: SS: 128 mph, LA: 12*, BS: 187 mph, SPIN: 2300 rpm, Swing path: -1*, AoA: -0.7*, Swing PL: 50*, Dynamic Loft: 15*

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Straighter consistent flight and more consistent contact

7. Shot tendency when playing poorly is a hook. misses with this club are high on the face or slightly high toe.

8. What is your shots tendency (ball[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"][color=#0F72DA] flight[/color][/url]) that you like when you are playing good? piercing small draw or straight

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? High draw (I can hit a fade comfortably also but a draw is my natural)

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? conditions vary, Midwest (metro Detroit)

11. [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"][color=#0F72DA]Body build[/color][/url] and postures? height? etc. 6'1 athletic but slightly overweight at the moment.

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) XL glove size, 7.75" wrist to tip of finger, 4.5'' wrist to base of finger, 3.25'' finger

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"][color=#0F72DA]tour[/color][/url]? at least who do you like it to be? If I had to guess I would say my driver swing shapes up a lot like Gary Woodland. This is a difficult question to answer because I am a lefty so I cant compare to many so here is a video (the driver I hit here is NOT the same driver in question: [media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0Z5O2WaBXI[/media]

Please recommend a shaft for me. Thank you Joe

Answer: You need a more stiffer tip shaft and possible XX flex, Shorter set up (maybe 44.5-44.75), check grip size. Don't get caught up also with forward weight heads which Most pro I know tweaked the weight to be more spin anyway for more consistentcy

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

Additional infor for me: here is my top to load to release sequence if it helps:
[attachment=2296203:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1403892680.039049.jpg][attachment=2296205:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1403892710.709074.jpg][attachment=2296207:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1403892728.710538.jpg][attachment=2296209:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1403892753.022547.jpg][attachment=2296211:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1403892766.130296.jpg][attachment=2296223:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1403892782.506145.jpg][attachment=2296227:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1403892802.928230.jpg][attachment=2296229:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1403892822.664598.jpg][attachment=2296231:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1403892852.324825.jpg][attachment=2296243:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1403892872.095963.jpg][attachment=2296245:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1403892898.828770.jpg]

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

[size=3]Hi Joe, seeking a little help here. I have been playing golf for 11 months now, and am fully addicted. I had some SGI clubs that ballooned on me so I bought some Mizuno JPX EZ Forged heads and am now looking for a shaft that will fit me.[/size]
[size=3]
How often you play in a month? [b]4-8 time a month. Once a week minimum.[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]Irons once a week min, short game (chip/putt) once a week min.[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]6-7? We all have our good and bad days.[/b]
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [b]Dont carry a HC yet, however, I am safely a bogey golfer. Happy with an 87, will also post low-mid 90s.[/b]
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? [b]Undergoing a grip and swing change (after my first serious set of lessons), so driver used to be my strength. I consider myself a good putter though. And my irons game is really coming along (7-P).[/b]
[/size][size=3]

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? [b]Just a free one from PGA SuperStore. Needed +1/2", 1* upright lie. Lofts unchanged[/b]
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! [b]No existing specs.. off the rack TM RBZs I bought off a friend +1.5 inch. Looking for shaft for new irons heads I purchased.[/b]
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine? [b]Dont know the brand machine (at PGA SS). The number I can remember are: 6 iron SS ~ 91 mph. Ball speed 124? (that believable?) Carry was 180. Spin about 6600.[/b]
4. What is your existing complain on your current set up? [b]Irons balloon on me, hard to play in wind, current setup is too long, not fitted.[/b]
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? [b]A slightly lower more piercing ball flight, more comfortable at address (not holding clubs too long for me).[/b]
6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade? [b]Prefer a medium ball flight, low but with enough spin so there is not too much roll out. I tend to hit a slight fade.[/b]
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? [b]Again a slight fade on my good days.[/b]
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? [b]Not really a problem making good contact, sometimes dont release my hands and miss wide right.[/b]
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? [b]I am definitely a high ball hitter.[/b]
10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [b]High fade.[/b]
11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? [b]I carry my 5 190-200.. not sure SS. My 6 iron SS is low 90s.[/b]
12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players. [b]Knuckle to floor ~ 33.5"? Had to give an educated measurement[/b]
13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players [b]37", this is more precise[/b]
14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) [b]XL glove size, about 8.5" from wrist to middle finger[/b]
15. How tall are you? [b]6'5"[/b]
16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? [b]Still inconsistent, but medium sounds about right. Unfortunately sometimes deep sometimes shallow too.[/b]
17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? [b]Unsure, love to watch PGA.. wouldnt dare compare my swing to theirs.[/b]
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing? [b]Loading would be smooth to medium.. not a quick/violent transition.[/b][/size]
[size=3]
I have tested out shafts, but it seems as if the results have been inconclusive thus far. I appreciate any help you'd be able to provide. If you need any additional info please let me know.[/size]
[size=3]
Thank you very much.[/size]

[color=#282828]How often you play in a month?[/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4]2-3 times 18 holes[/size][/color]
[color=#282828]How often you practice in a month?[/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4]1-2 times a week [/size][/color]
[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.[/color]
[size=4][color=#ff0000]7[/color][/size][color=#FF0000] [/color]
[color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?[/color]
[color=#FF0000]1.1 (R&A)[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?[/color]
[size=4][color=#ff0000]driving accuracy, long irons [/color][/size]

[color=#282828]Iron fitting Questionnaire:[/color]

[color=#282828]1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft?[/color]
[color=#FF0000]Standard loft (18°#2, 21#3, 24#4, 27#5, 31#6, 35#7, 39#8, 43#9, 47#Pw)[/color]
[color=#FF0000]Lie 1°flat (58#2, 58.5#3,...)[/color]
[color=#282828]2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please![/color]
[color=#FF0000]Nike VR PRO Blades, 2-Pw, Dynamic Gold S300 TOUR ISSUE (quite rare)[/color]
[color=#FF0000]Standard length (39.25"#2,...,35.75"#9, 35.5"#Pw) [/color]
[color=#FF0000]Golf Pride Tour Velvet, 3 layers of tape under right hand, 2 under left[/color]
[color=#FF0000]D2 swingweight[/color]
[color=#282828]3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?[/color]
[color=#FF0000]Flightscope, [/color]
[color=#FF0000]6 iron numbers: [/color]
[color=#FF0000]Head speed: 86mpH[/color]
[color=#FF0000]Ball speed:122.5mpH[/color]
[color=#FF0000]Smash Factor: 1.42[/color]
[color=#FF0000]Attack angle: 0.7[/color]
[color=#FF0000]Launch: 20.7[/color]
[color=#FF0000]Spin: 4979[/color]
[color=#FF0000]Carry:179.4 yds[/color]
[color=#FF0000]Club path: 3.5[/color]
[color=#282828]4. What is your existing complain on your current set up ?[/color]
[color=#FF0000]a bit heavy at times (mostly at the end of the rounds)[/color]
[color=#FF0000]trajectory really relying on rythm/tempo[/color]
[color=#FF0000]if I want to go after it, the distance control is lacking[/color]
[color=#282828]5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?[/color]
[color=#FF0000]want to found something easier to swing (a tadd lighter), more controlable[/color]
[color=#282828]6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade?[/color]
[color=#ff0000]My ball flight's height is good, but I draw the ball too much[/color]
[color=#ff0000]I would like a more neutral ball flight.[/color]
[color=#ff0000]I know I'm coming too much in-to-out, and sweeping the ball too much.[/color]
[color=#ff0000]When I swing, I feel I need to slow things down in half-downsing to give time for the shaftt to catch up [/color]
[color=#282828]7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?[/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4]Mid-high ball flight, baby draw (1-2 yards)[/size][/color]
[color=#282828]8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where?[/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4]both sides sometimes hook but mainly pushes[/size][/color]
[color=#FF0000]mostly thin shots (no divot)[/color]
[color=#FF0000]no problem catching the sweet spot, but if I miss it's heel side[/color]
[color=#282828]9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?[/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4]medium ball hitter[/size][/color]
[color=#282828]10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?[/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4]High draw (explaining problems with short irons and love of long irons)[/size][/color]
[color=#282828]11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )?[/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=4]188yds, don't know 5 iron swingspeed (6 iron is 86-88mpH)[/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000]75.5 cm (29.72")[/color]
[color=#ff0000]83.5cm (32.87")[/color]
[color=#282828]14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)[/color]
[color=#ff0000]Small[/color]
[color=#ff0000]Wirst to finger 10cm (3.94")[/color]
[color=#ff0000]Longest finger 8cm (3.15")[/color]
[color=#282828]15. How tall are you?[/color]
[color=#ff0000]169cm (5' 7")[/color]
[color=#282828]16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker?[/color]
[color=#FF0000]Little to no divot[/color]
[color=#282828]17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?[/color]
[color=#ff0000]Francesco Molinari[/color]
[color=#282828]18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing?[/color]
[color=#ff0000]Numbers from mizuno shaft optimiser:[/color]
[color=#ff0000]5-3-6-4[/color]

Thanks a lot Joe for all you're doing for us
Thanks for giving us some of your precious time

Answer: Try a high kick point shaft softstep X flex. LA too high with too low spin on your LM data. Check your club swing weight. Tour issue version is slightly heavier than normal DG.

thank you so much for doing this!

i went to a fitting yesterday, and while i was relatively pleased with the process, pricing was astronomical and i had a couple questions for you.

[color=#282828]How often you play in a month? [b]2-3 times[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]How often you practice in a month? [b]3-5 times[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]6[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [b]10.8 (USGA)[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? [b]misses aren't too far off line, so very few blow-up holes. best clubs would probably be wedges and short irons, but even those aren't great.[/b][/color]

[color=#282828]Driver fitting questionnaire:[/color]

[color=#282828]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. [b]TM R1 set to 12* loft 2* open, stock length, stock Aldila RIP Phenom 55g shaft in R flex. Don't know about swing weight other than it's probably stock.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b]Smooth tempo, light loader.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? [b]Swing is pretty consistent. Smash factor was 1.50 with my gamer.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b]Not enough carry, and shallow landing angle. Carry averages 205 (high 224, low 177), total averages 248 (high 259, low 229).[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [/color][color=#0000FF]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color][color=#282828]?[/color][color=#0000FF] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [/color][color=#282828][b]Here are my LM numbers from Trackman. [/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] Ball speed 140.2 (high 142.4, low 137.9). [/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] Spin rate 1,743 (high 1,970 low 1,560). [/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] Launch angle 11.4 (high 13.2, low 9.6).[/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] Side misses were two left (25.1, 44.4), and two right (4.1, 15.4). [/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] Smash factor 1.51 (high 1.52, low 1.50). [/b][/color]
[b] Landing angle 23.05 (high 28.9, low 17.6).[/b]
[color=#282828][b] Club path 9.0+ (10.3+ high, 8.4+ low). [/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] Face angle 3.3+ (5.4+ high, 1.0+ low). [/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] Dynamic Loft 12.4 (high 14.5, low 10.7). [/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] Club speed 92.7 (high 93.6, low 90.7). [/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] Attack angle 3.4+ (high 4.9+, low 1.0+).[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]Higher launch angle. More carry. More distance, though not the highest priority.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b]My miss is a low snap hook that doesn't even go 200 yards. Contact is usually center of club face, sometimes low sometimes high. Extreme misses are in the heel.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url][color=#282828]) that you like when you are playing good? [b]High fade (good luck with my path and face, right???).[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [b]Draw.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]Firm, not terribly fast. Orlando, FL.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]11. [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url][color=#282828] and postures? height? etc. [b]5'10", 175 lbs, decent posture, not terribly strong or athletic.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) [b]Glove size is medium/large. Not sure about length, but fitter looked at my grip and where my fingers were resting and everything is standard.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url][color=#282828]? at least who do you like it to be? [b]I don't know who it looks like. If I could emulate one swing, it would be Grant Waite.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]14. etc. The more the better it become. [b]I'm not confident in the club he wants to fit me into. [/b][b]I was fit into a Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* set to 12* neutral face weight slid all the way to fade bias, Aldila Tour Blue 65 R flex, standard length. [/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] Ball speed only went up 0.4 mph [/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] Spin went up 900 rpm[/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] LA went up 3.5* [/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] Carry went up 25 yds[/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] Side averaged 33.7L, but I only had 2 right shots both way off line (64.2, 53.1), and a whopping 11 left (5.9 lowest, 126.5 highest!, avg left was 50.5). [/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] Smash factor went down to 1.50[/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] Total distance went up 6 yds[/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] Landing angle went up 13*[/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] Path went up 1*[/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] Face went down 1*[/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] Dynamic loft went up 4.3*[/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] Club speed went up 1 mph[/b][/color]
[color=#282828][b] Attack angle went down 1*[/b][/color]

[color=#282828][b]The main reason I am not confident in the fitter's recommendation is the dispersion. I'm trying to eliminate the hook, and this driver was missing left. My R1 is definitely giving me low spin, but I wonder if a different shaft in the same head would help me carry the ball farther but keep the spin where it is. I should also mention that I am actively taking lessons and working on a neutral path, so my swing is still in flux. If I can get the path more neutral, increasing swing speed will be next.[/b][/color]

[b]Here are my few questions for you:[/b]
[b] - Do you think the Aldila Tour Blue 65 R flex is a good fit for me?[/b]
[b] - If the shaft is a good fit, would it work well in my R1?[/b]
[b] - If the shaft isn't a good fit, can you recommend something else?[/b]

[b]Answer, Try the BB again with shorter set up with proper flex and swing weight after cut with a slightly stiffer tip and slightly higher kick point shaft. FYI, your data not quite complete![/b]

R1 Graphite Design YS6 Nano Reloaded S
Tight Lies 16.5 Aldila Tour Blue 65
Idea Super 22/25 Fujikura Pro 63 R
PING I25 5-PW Aerotech SF i95 R
Rotex 2.0 52-2/56-2/60-1 KBS TourV 100 R
Odyssey Metal-X #7 Arm-lock 40"

• 3 weeks later...

[color=#282828]How often you play in a month? [/color][color=#006400][b]Play at least 3 times/ week[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]How often you practice in a month? [/color][color=#006400][b]Every Day![/b][/color]
[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.[/color][b][color=#006400]7, it's good swing but it changes a lot.[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?[/color][color=#006400][b]GHIN: 2[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? [/color][color=#006400][b]Varies by the week sometimes[/b][/color]

[color=#282828]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please[/color][b][color=#008000] SLDR 430 10.5 with Fubuki Alpha 60x. Std. Length.[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?[/color][b][color=#006400]Quick tempo swinger with a heavy load factor. A lot of Lag in the swing, sometimes produces a low ball flight.[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? [/color][color=#006400][b]Good player, consistent swing, frequent lessons. 8.5/10[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [/color][b][color=#006400]No control, shaft feels too light. Hitting a lot more hooks than I used to.[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [/color][color=#0000FF]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color][color=#282828]?[/color][color=#0000FF] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color][color=#282828] [/color][b][color=#FF0000]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b][color=#282828] [/color][color=#FF0000][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.[/b][/color][b][color=#006400]Averages from 10 swings: SS: 110.5, Launch Angle: 12.7, Ball Speed 159.8, Spin: 2100, Swing Path 5 degrees right, Attack Angle +2. Carry 281, Total 302.[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [/color][b][color=#006400]More consistency and stability, but a little more carry distance. Maybe lower spin a little but do not want to [/color][/b][color=#006400][b]launch it any lower. (if possible :) )[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[/color][b][color=#006400]Under Pressure, I swing all arms and hit low hooks, usually off the toe of the club[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url][color=#282828]) that you like when you are playing good. [/color][color=#006400][b]When I'm playing well, I hit a nice high push draw, carry around 285, total 310.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [/color][color=#008000][b]Low draw is easier, but high draw is desired.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [/color][b][color=#006400]Playing pretty firm and narrow courses. From Southern California.[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]11. [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url][color=#282828] and postures? height? etc. [/color][color=#006400][b]6' 190 lbs. 19 years old. Posture is often a little more bent over than normal.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) [/color][color=#006400][b]Glove size is L/XL[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url][color=#282828]? at least who do you like it to be.[/color][color=#006400][b]I would say Dustin Johnson bc I have a bowed left wrist at the top, but I have a lot of Rory in terms of explosive lower body through impact. I use the ground for power really well.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]14. etc. The more the better it become. [/color][color=#006400][b]Need something for more control and to reduce side spin, but not lower my launch at all. I am happy with the SLDR 430 head, just need a new shaft. My swing is slowly getting better and more powerful with lessons, and it seems to change frequently. Steadiness under pressure is very important. Thanks![/b][/color]

[color=#006400][b]Answer: Classic! Why you wanna push your self with a forward weight design head when you know you are getting inconsistent result. Not every body need lowest spin head to maximize your potential. Your LM numbers look good to me. you mighht need stiffer tip shaft or the shaft shaft tipped more. Check grip size! [/b][/color]

Hi, I am thinking of changing my driver shaft and will be going to see a fitter in the next week or so. I'd like a general idea of where to start.

[color=#282828]How often you play in a month? [b]6 - 10 rounds[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]How often you practice in a month?[b] Every other day[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]6[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [b]26 USGA[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? [b]Wedge[/b][/color]

[color=#282828]Driver fitting questionnaire:[/color]

[color=#282828]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. [b]Big Bertha, 10.5 set +2D, Weight set at 3 Draw, Regular Flex standard shaft.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b]Smooth[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability?[/color][b][color=#282828] 6 consistent fade to bad slice[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b]Looking for different options, tighter [/b][/color][color=#282828][b]dispersion[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [/color][color=#0000FF]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color][color=#282828]?[/color][color=#0000FF] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color][color=#282828] [/color][b][color=#FF0000]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b][color=#282828] [/color][color=#FF0000][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.[/b][/color]

[color=#FF0000][b]Trackman Outdoors,[/b][/color]
[b]Swing Speed. Launch angle. Ball Speed. Spin. Swing Path. Face Angle Face to Path AoA. Side Spin, Carry. Total Smash Factor[/b]
89.3mph 10.5 130.6mph 3508 -6.3 -4.2 -2.1 -2.7 15.1R 196.9 220.5 1.46
[color=#282828]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]More [/b][/color][color=#282828][b]consistent, help eliminate slice and tighter dispersion[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b]Low Heel, Slice[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url][color=#282828]) that you like when you are playing good? [/color][b][color=#282828]​High penetrating flight[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [b]High Fade[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[b]Tight and dry to wet and soft dependent on season Thailand, malaysia [/b][/color]
[color=#282828]11. [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url][color=#282828] and postures? height? etc. [b]5'10, average build reasonably fit[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) [b]Size 26[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url][color=#282828]? at least who do you like it to be? [b]None[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]14. etc. The more the better it become.[/color]

[color=#282828]Many thanks.[/color]

[color=#282828]Answer:[/color] LA is not enough and spins too high, Swing issue is bigger factor than shaft IMO. Heel shot can cause from the club being to long in set up.

Callaway Mavrik 9*, Kuro Kage Black 60gr Stiff..
Callaway Rogue 3 wood.
Titleist U510 3 iron.
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5 - PW.
Vokey SM7, 50F, 54S, 58D.
Scotty Cameron Futura X5.

• 1 month later...

Hi again Joe,
[size=3]
Right now I am playing a TM SLDR driver with the off the shelf shaft. My biggest issue/complaint with this current set up is the length of the driver. I am what you would call vertically challenged (I am about 5'6") and most off the shelf driver shafts are waaay too long for me. That said, my attempts to adjust this in the past have not worked out so well for me.[/size]
[size=3]
I used to play a Ping G20 (stock) which I really liked but then one day I decided to lop an inch off the butt end after reading about the benefits of shortening your driver and I completely destroyed the driver. After cutting it down the swing weight was all out of whack and the only thing I could hit was high slices. I also had a Ping G25 which I had "professionally" shortened but I did not see any improvements after cutting it down. My accuracy did not improve but my distance certainly decreased.[/size]
[size=3]
This time around I am looking to buy a shaft with the SLDR adapter on it so if it backfires I can go back to the original shaft. I have been looking at shafts on EBay but I have no idea which one to buy so that is why I am turning to you.[/size]
[size=3]
So...with that, on to the questionnaire. [/size]
[size=3]
[color=#282828][size=3]How often you play in a month? I play at least 3-4 times a month. This is down from my typical average of twice a week after welcoming our second child in June.[/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=3]How often you practice in a month? I try and hit the range at least once a week.[/size][/color]
[color="#282828"]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. In my mind I would say an 8 because my swing feels [/color][color="#282828"][size=4]consistent[/size][/color][color="#282828"] but based on the wide range of results I see I would probably be more like a 4.[/color]
[color=#282828][size=3]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 15.4 GHIN[/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=3]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Length. I have always been able to hit the ball far despite my stature but the issue has always been consistency in hitting the fairway. I have always said that I would gladly trade 15-20 yards if I could pipe it down the middle every time.[/size][/color][/size]
[size=3]
[color=#282828][size=3]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. Taylor Made 460 10.5 SLDR set at standard loft. Stock Fuji 57 gram shaft in stiff flex.[/size][/color]
[color="#282828"]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? I would say quick (something I am working on). I try and slowdown my takeaway but my [/color][color="#282828"][size=4]transition[/size][/color][color="#282828"], at times, will be too quick. I have no idea what load factor is.[/color]
[color=#282828][size=3]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 5 I guess. I mean, I don't miss the ball but I am all over the club face[/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=3]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? length - these stock shafts feel too long to me[/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=3]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [/size][/color][color=#0000FF][size=3]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/size][/color][color=#282828][size=3]?[/size][/color][color=#0000FF][size=3] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/size][/color][color=#282828][size=3] [/size][/color][b][color=#FF0000]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b][color=#282828][size=3] [/size][/color][color=#FF0000][size=3][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. N/A although I do know from these numbers that I tend to come OTT but not by a lot.[/b][/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=3]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? More consistency - I would love to get to the point where I could relax on the tee knowing that I can pipe it down the middle without feeling like I need to kill the damn thing.[/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=3]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? It varies between a high block that will start right and fade to getting to whippy and quick and ripping off a duck hook[/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=3]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/size][/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url][color=#282828][size=3]) that you like when you are playing good? High, long dead straight or maybe a tiny fade[/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=3]9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? If you tell me, Todd I need you to hit this into the trees on the right I've got you covered. :) I would love to just hit the damn thing straight ever time.[/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=3]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Southern California - mostly play dried out munies[/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=3]11. [/size][/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url][color=#282828][size=3] and postures? height? etc. Stocky - 5'6" Broad shoulders, lots of lower body [/size][/color][color="#282828"][size=4]strength[/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=3]12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) Men's medium. Wrist to longest is about 7" and longest finder is 3" Not very big hands[/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=3]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/size][/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url][color=#282828][size=3]? at least who do you like it to be? Of course I would love to swing it like Rory does but if I had to compare my stature and how I would like to swing it would be more like Graham McDowell[/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=3]14. etc. The more the better it become.[/size][/color][/size]
[size=3]
I look forward to your response.[/size]

New to the forums and already need some help in shafts. Current 10 hdcp at 53 years old. Played Mizuno MX 300 irons with DG S300 shafts. All good until about a year ago and I did not feel I was getting the most out of the irons anymore. Tested some Speedblades, 85 g, S shaft, liked them, bought them. Bad decision, ended up hating the bottom weighted big heads. Nice long irons but could not hit a green with the short irons and I did not need the height - I hit everything sky high, unfortunately due to a slight flip at impact.

Decided for the first time I was going to get a full fitting on a trackman. Well after 1.5 hours of multiple head and shaft combinations I was recommended Apex Pro heads (great because I love their look and feel) but with the KBS Tour 90 R shafts. I have to say I was surprised because everything I heard the lighter shaft with less flex would cause an even higher ball flight. But the trackman did show this was the best combination of everything I tried (sorry cannot remember the stats). Plus the fitter said the R flex shafts will delay the release and cause a bit more lag in my swing to help make up for my slight flip at impact.

So I special order them from Callaway through a retail store and they come back with Tour 90 S shafts. Hmmm, Callaway says they don't carry the R flex so they softstepped them 1x (would have been nice if they called first). I took them and the retail store ordered the Tour 90 in the R flex and is willing to change them for free. So I have been hitting the ones with the softstepped 90 S and played once and they seem pretty good. Good heighth, distance and accuracy.

So the question is (and I know it is individual) what would losing about 7 grams of weight and going from a softsteppped S flex to an R flex? What is the relationship between weight and flex? Based on what I have read over the years perhaps a bit more distance but also height and spin which could cause a loss in distance, (I hit my buddies AP1's with Steelfiber 95's, R flex about 5-6 yards longer than mine and higher but I know it's a different head and shaft and may not mean anything.)

Opinions would be appreciated. I am thinking of having them reshaft my 6 and 8 iron then test them all out.