For you guys asking for a help in picking a shaft!

joey3108

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for a new shaft in my driver.

1. I have a titleist 910 d3 9.5 degree loft set to position C2, length is 44.5 with a project x 7c3 6.0 shaft.
2.I have a quicker tempo with a heavy load so I have been told.
3. I would say I would rate my swing consistence somewhere between 8-9 out of 10.
4. My problem is I feel that this shaft is too week which causes my launch to be too high and put too much spin on the ball to the point that I dont get much roll at all(a lot of times I back the ball up with my driver).
5. I do have launch monitor data from a trackman session. ss ave-125, launch angle ave 16 degrees, ball speed- 170's, spin rate ave-3650 rpm. That is all the info I was given. It was a short session after I got fitted for my irons and he told me I have a heavy load and a steep attach angle.
6. I want to lower my launch angle to 11 or 12 degrees and bring my spin rate down to 2500 rpm or lower.
7. My miss hits are usually a high fade pushed to the right.
8. my ball flight tendencies when I am playing well is always high. I do not think I could even hit a drive low even if I wanted to.
9. High is always comfortable but my high drive is way too high.
10. I live in south Texas so my course conditions are almost always dry and hard.
11. I have an athletic build am 6 foot 2 in and weigh 205
12. glove size is either L or XL depending on brand. 8" length from wrist to tip of finder, length of finger is 3.75"
13. Have no idea on what professional my swing looks like I have never seen my swing on video

The shaft I am currently thinking about is the Oban devotion 7 in either 05 or 06 flex

Any help would be great

Thanks
Richard

[b]Answer: You will need to try and get a number again from at least a 8.5* driver with X flex (might even closer to XX) and higher kick point stiffer tip low spin shaft.[/b]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi you all!

This topic/post are sponsor by FLIGHTSCOPE! ( One of the best golf Launch Monitor in the market ).

I've noticed a lot of you guys asking for a help in picking up the shaft or grinds. However, a lot of you guys didn't give us enough detail info on your swing and existing shaft set up. We will be able to help you much better if you can provide us as much as possible info:

General questionnaire ( A must for all fitting) :

How often you play in a month? 9-12

How often you practice in a month? 1-2

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 7-8

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 15

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Driver/iron

Driver fitting questionnaire:

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please.New RBZ. 9.5,46", Stiff,

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Smooth

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 7-8

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? New RBZ driver with bad slice. Switched from Cleveland, Graffaloy Blue stiff shaft and had soft draw. Now can't control RBZ.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Stop slice and regain soft draw.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Pull Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Toe

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Soft draw

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? High, Draw

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Good, wet Where are you from? Florida

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6'3", good shape, upright posture

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) Large, Cadet, 6"

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Fred Couples

14. etc. The more the better it become.

Bare in mind, No shaft is better than the one fit your swing profile...No matter what the cost is!!!

IMHGO Exotic shafts have a very distinctive feel and character and they have a tighter quality control. So if you ask me to copy a certain set up that you like, It's most likely easier for me to get it from a better quality controlled shafts. Some feel player can only go w/ a certain brand due to these feel and character.

NO! I'm not crazy to fit some one w/ an exotic expensive shaft only, even though i'm more comfortable working w/ them. I'm very open minded limited to what i know only of course ( Usually on popular brands only ). I will do my best to give every body enough options to chose from. To many shaft brand out there, i can't keep up...So i only try to keep up w/ the popular one only.

So help us to make our job easier and more effective to help you.

Thanks a million!

Regards,

Joe Kwok :pimp:

ps: If I missed anything here, any body can help me to add some comment THX!

Disclaimer:

To whom it may concern, Please do not copy my questionnaire nor modified with the same core. I hope we can set a high standard code of ethic and respect.

For you who need help directly from me by email or PM, please read this post first:

http://www.golfwrx.c...h...ic=41987

Hi you all,

I've been meaning to post this for a while now, but I was having a

hard time on how I have to put the words together to make sure you all

understand my good intention. Trust me, I really want to make every body happy as much as I can.

As you guys all know I've been trying my best to answer all questions you have regarding club fitting, shaft character, modification, etc...I will definitely continue to do so. So far I have no problem up to this point, however I can see the trend is on the up slope.

As most of you know, I am involved with this site in taking

care of some of the operation of it. Also I have a heavy work load ( not only

on clubs but emails and PM ) and also not to forget that taking care

of my family is my 1st priority. I've come to realize that I have a

lot of PM and emails that aren't productive and steal my precious time

not to be able to serve you who really need my attention and who spend

money & time w/ me for my expertise & service. Don't get me wrong

here, if I do have time I would love to answer all your question and

even talk BS w/ you guys. I'm sure my long time customers and friends knows how I am on this. smile.gif

So what I'm trying to do on this post is to make members understand

that if I haven't or can't answer any one of you who send me PM or

Email...I'm busy working to serve my friends and customers at my best

for what they've paid me for. IMO it's not fair if I have to reduce my

attention to those who are willing to pay me to get their stuff done fast and correctly.

So I beg you guy who just need to ask some questions to just post it

here on clubmakers folder or domestic folder and let some of the

members help you w/ your question, and yes I will try to monitor them

as much as I can to correct or give another opinion for you to understand more.

Of course, I'm encouraging you who are really serious and need my

service to email me at [email protected] and Yes! most of you who got my phone number can call me during my phone fitting/consultation hours to discuss your needs

effectively. Please state clearly on your email or PM your

seriousness to get help through my service, so this way I can see what

and who that I need to put them in a high priority to answer.

Every body who knows me knows that I love talking about golf and every

aspect of it, but yet I should not forget to see clearly what is the priority. So I hope you understand if your email or PM took me a while to answer your question/s or if I may not be able to answer it at all in the future. I personally apologize in advance if I do so.

Thanks for your attention and Happy Golfing!

Cheers!

Joe Kwok smile.gif

ANSWER: NO LM DATA!

[color=#282828]in the summer,Every Day, Now its 2-4 times a week depending on weather,[/color]
[color=#282828]At least an hour a day.[/color]
[color=#282828]I don't know, an 8 ?[/color]
[color=#282828]5. 7 Handicap system of the Carolinas i think[/color]
[color=#282828]Short Irons and Wedges. [/color]

Looking A drvier shaft
1. Nike Vr Pro 9.5* w/ Aldila Rip Beta 60R
2. Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? I would descrive myself as Smooth. Most say I never swing enough. ( And I'll Be swinging as hard as I can ) I guess that means a light loader.
3. I'm n pretty consistent. Especially when swinging well. so with 1 being beginner and 10 being a pro, maybe an 8.
Not Too much, just looking a little less spin ( 800 RPM ) Plus Regular semms way too soft for my SS.
5. . 105 mph, 13.6 degrees, 155.4 mph , 3850 rpm, in-out, 1.5 up
6. Less Spin, Tighter Dispersion, A couple More Yards
7. Missing Left, Mis on the club face is usually to the toe. Just the way my swing is built
8. Draw, to straight ball
9. Mid Draw
10. No partiicular, ( Travel tourny Golfer ) Eastern North Carolina
11."Lanky", long arms. 5'9, 133 lbs.
12. Medium, 8 imches, 3.5 inches
13. at least who do you like it to be? My swing is VERY similar to Nick watney. Strikingly Similar.

[b]ANSWER: Try a stiff flex with low spin design, at least mid high kick point. Also check on your attack angle to maximize your potential.[/b]

[color=#282828]How often you play in a month? A few times a week, 1-4[/color]
[color=#282828]How often you practice in a month? Daily[/color]
[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. About a 7-8. I can hit the same shot all day with irons. Can't translate that to driver, which is why I'm looking into the shaft.[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? I don't hold an official handicap. I usually shoot low 80s to high 70s.[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? My short game has really improved, and brought down my score. It's given me the confidence to aim for the green and swing.[/color]

[color=#282828]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. I'm using a stock TM R11s 9* with the RIP Phenom 60 s-flex. I think this is actually a 63g shaft. It's standard length. I have it dialed down to 7.5 on the head, as this gives me maximum distance.[/color]
[color=#282828]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? I think I'm a fairly evenly tempo'd swinger, but I do tend to load shafts fairly hard. I usually feel the shaft getting really unstable.[/color]
[color=#282828]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? I hit the center of the clubface routinely. [/color]
[color=#282828]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? The ball is too high, and usually the shape is too obvious. Either left or right, when I try to work the ball, I get too much motion. I have the driver dialed way down and I still launch it higher than most. I know it's costing me distance, because the lower I dial the face, the further the ball goes. If I could go any lower than 7.5 on the head, I would.[/color]
[color=#282828]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [/color][color=#0000FF]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color][color=#282828]?[/color][color=#0000FF] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [/color][color=#282828] I have been on a Vector Pro. I usually get launch around 18 degrees, spin is 3000-3400rpm. Descent angle is 50 degrees. Around 600 rpm of sidespin. Swing speed is around 105mph and ball speed is usually in the high 150s-160s. It's usually a little lower than ideal for my swing speed.[/color]
[color=#282828]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? I'd like to be able to hit a lower ball. Currently I lose distance because the ball goes up too high, spins too much and then comes down too soft. [/color]
[color=#282828]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? I usually don't miss the center of the face, but I do have issues with path. Sometimes the shaft feels strange and I hit massive hooks. It's difficult for me to shape the ball into a slice above a certain effort level.[/color]
[color=#282828]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url][color=#282828]) that you like when you are playing good? Slight draw[/color]
[color=#282828]9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? I like to hit a very slight draw, or be able to hit a fade. I'd like to lower my ball flight.[/color]
[color=#282828]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? I am playing in the PacNW. I'd like to still get decent carry, but not throw away distance with excessive spin.[/color]
[color=#282828]11. [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url][color=#282828] and postures? height? etc. I am 6'3" and I have long arms. I'm trying to get more compact and this is probably translating into more load on the shaft. I weigh around 200 lbs and I'd consider myself stronger than average. [/color]
[color=#282828]12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) My hands are 8.5 inches long and I wear an XL glove that needs to be stretched a little bit first.[/color]
[color=#282828]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url][color=#282828]? at least who do you like it to be? Actually I run through my backswing a lot like Phil M does, so I'm trying to stop that. I've learned to have an upper body dominate swing similar to Tiger Woods now, but without the stack and tilt. [/color]
[color=#282828]14. etc. The more the better it become. I'm just looking for some help with the ball flight. I used to flip/cast a bit, but recently I've really reduced it a lot. My irons are under control, but my driver is still killing me. I would like to find a shaft setup that will span my driver, 3w and hybrid together, as I've been told it's best to use the same thing. [/color]

[color=#282828]I'd like to find an older model premium shaft, as I can't afford to buy anything exotic. I have experimented with some various shafts in X-flex and they feel much more stable, but I'm not sure if I should be swinging those. I've also been told that the torque on my current TM R11s shaft (3.4) is too high for me and I'd be better suited for something around the low/mid 2.0 range.[/color]

[color=#282828]At the driving range, I usually carry the Nike practice range balls around 240-260 depending on the temperature. I usually only get around 10 yards of roll.[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Answer: Try a real 8*-8.5* driver with a heavier high kick stiff tip shaft set up. S flex tipp 1.2" might help more and shorter club set up usually help in lower launching result, the right size definitely will help not to cast your wrsit at impact. May be even favor slight bigger grip in your case. [/color][/b]

[color=#282828]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please.[/color]

Playing a TM R9 460 9.5* with the 60g ReAx shaft in R flex. Playing to stock SW and 45,5" but I tend to choke down about ,5"

[color=#282828]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?[/color]

Have a slow to medium tempo going back and then a fast tempo from the transition onwards. When I start hitting bad shots it is because my tempo is too fast. I think I load the shaft quite well.

[color=#282828]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability?[/color]

8, I hit the sweetspot pretty often with my miss being a touch low and on the heel.

[color=#282828]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[/color]

Shaft is too weak and way too much spin. It basically magnifies my misses and kills me into the wind.

[color=#282828]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [/color][color=#0000FF]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color][color=#282828]?[/color][color=#0000FF] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color][color=#282828] [/color]

Had a session of a Foresight GC2 with both my club and an Adams Fast 12LS 9,5* turned down to 8,5* with the Fubuki alpha Stiff. For my club numbers were:
107mph; 155mph; 14* LA; azimuth 4,4*; Side spin 1533 rpm, Back spin 3714rpm; Total spin 4022rpm; descent angle 48*
Adams:
108mph; 158mph; 11,4* LA; azimuth 1,7*; 726 rpm; 2502 rpm; 2607rpm; 39*

[color=#282828]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[/color]

[color=#282828]Need less spin in order to keep my misses under control. I don't usually block or pull shots, the issue comes when they slice way off line. [/color]

[color=#282828]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[/color]

[color=#282828]Miss is usually low on the heel and comes with a push I think. I have the occasional pull come in but it isn't massive. My big miss is caused by the ball slicing too much.[/color]

[color=#282828]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url][color=#282828]) that you like when you are playing good?[/color]

I like a low to medium, flat and boring bullet that hits the ground and runs. I hate when a driver gets up in the air too much.

[color=#282828]9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?[/color]

Reasonably low and I prefer a small fade.

[color=#282828]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[/color]

Play Parklands courses almost exclusively. Conditions vary from hard, fast and dry as a bone in winter to summer where it can be pretty hot and humid on soft fairways with thick Kikuya rough. I play in Johannesburg, so at altitude, but I am moving to Cape Town next year.

[color=#282828]11. [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url][color=#282828] and postures? height? etc.[/color]

I am athletic, borderline stocky, 5ft 8, wrist to floor puts me at standard length, lie board with a 6i says 2* flat.

[color=#282828]12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)[/color]

I am a mens small, so I am supposed to play standard grips with 3 wraps (done the tests myself, can't remember the measurements) but I prefer only 1 or 2 wraps.

[color=#282828]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url][color=#282828]? at least who do you like it to be?[/color]

One of the Foley guys, Rose I guess. But I am a slicefixer disciple so my release is different to his.

[color=#282828]14. etc. The more the better it become.

It seems like I don't have an issue keeping a weak shaft straight. My irons have 85g R flex shafts in them, the issue is mainly spin. My path is probably a degree or two out to in and I hit up on the ball I think about 2-4*. I am getting an RBZ Tour 9,5* with the stock Matrix shaft in S flex. I am sure it will launch too high with too much spin but I don't have too many other options at the moment. I am going to try flip it and get an Adams Fast 12 LS 9,5* with the Matrix Black Tie in stiff.[/color]

[color=#282828]Thanks[/color]

[b][color=#282828] ANSWER: The adams is almost perfect #. Just tweak the loft and get the same character/specs shaft and tipped it 3/4"-1". Find the lA at around 12*-12.5*...you should be golden.[/color][/b]

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='acquadiice' timestamp='1352863028' post='5931109']
difference between ahina/whiteboard/and D+??
[/quote]

On a similar topic: (specifically asking Joe or others who have experience with the Diamana's white profile)

What would be the effect of tipping a DIamana D+62X 1'' or 1,5'' VS an untipped Diamana D+62X (assuming same base CPM)?
By your experience, what could you expect to see (SS of about 118) in terms of launch, spin, smash factor and directionnal control going from the untipped to the 1'' or 1.5''.
I essentially want to make sure that I see a difference between the tipped shaft and the untipped one but at the same time, I don't want to "overtip" the shaft and ruin it's feel and energy transfer. Since I'm not familiar with Diamana's, that's why I'm asking for your advice!
Thanks
Math

• 3 weeks later...

I'd appreciate any advice on a new driver shaft:

[color=#c60000]General questionnaire ( A must for all fitting) :[/color]

[color=#c60000]How often you play in a month? [/color]5-7 times per month
[color=#C60000]How often you practice in a month? [/color]8-10 times per month
[color=#C60000]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [/color]6
[color=#C60000]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [/color]21.9
[color=#C60000]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? [/color]Driver/3W (off the tee)/Short irons/Chipping

[color=#C60000]Driver fitting questionnaire:[/color]

[color=#C60000]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. [/color]9.5, Razr Fit Stock Shaft (Aldila RIP'D NV)
[color=#C60000]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [/color]Smooth backswing to a relatively heavy load
[color=#C60000]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? [/color]8. I am relatively consistent for about 240 yards carry. I tend to get handsy as my round progresses though.
[color=#C60000]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [/color]I had a not-so-good dynamic fitting for my Razr Fit driver and barely any attention was paid to the shaft other than my swing speed. I think I am getting too much spin on the ball at the moment. Also, lately my ball flight has been consistently lower than I'd like for it to be.
[color=#C60000]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [/color][color=#C60000]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color][color=#C60000]?[/color][color=#C60000] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color][b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b][color=#C60000] [/color][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b]I was fit at a Callaway fitting center here in PA. My swing speed averaged between 105-110 mph. I do not have my the other numbers, but I had a high launch angle and high spin rate.
[color=#C60000]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [/color]Reduce spin, gain distance after the carry. Get the ball up a little.
[color=#C60000]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [/color]My miss is usually a 15-20 yard fade, on really bad days, I'll double cross a hook when I try to compensate. I don't usually miss the face of the club anymore, but when I do I'll miss thin.
[color=#C60000]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url][color=#C60000]) that you like when you are playing good? [/color]Mid ball flight and straight with maybe a soft fade.
[color=#C60000]9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [/color]Low fade
[color=#C60000]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [/color]I mostly play in the mornings (course can be pretty wet with dew). I'd say at least 50% of the time I'm playing on at least a little bit of a wet course. I'm from Philadelphia.
[color=#C60000]11. [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url][color=#C60000] and postures? height? etc. [/color]6'2", 220lbs, athletic, poor posture (this is one main thing I have to be conscious of when I'm playing)
[color=#C60000]12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) [/color]Left glove, regular large. I've been told that an exact fit for my grip would be Standard++, but another pro I've spoken to told me to keep the grip at Standard for better control.
[color=#C60000]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url][color=#C60000]? at least who do you like it to be? [/color]I try to model my swing after Ernie Els.
[color=#C60000]14. etc. The more the better it become.[/color]

[b][color=#000000]Answer: Need LM data to help![/color][/b]

[color=#282828]General questionnaire ( A must for all fitting) :[/color]

[color=#282828]How often you play in a month? 15-20 rounds during the summer/fall, 5-10 during the winter. [/color]
[color=#282828]How often you practice in a month? 10-15 45minute sessions[/color]
[color=#282828]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 8-9[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? USGA 5[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? irons are rather accurate. [/color]

[color=#282828]Driver fitting questionnaire:[/color]

[color=#282828]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. Ping i20 8.5 projectx 6.0 stock[/color]
[color=#282828]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? slightly quick tempo, light loader. [/color]
[color=#282828]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 8-9[/color]
[color=#282828]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? seems a little bit soft, I think I need a stiffer shaft.[/color]
[color=#282828]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [/color][color=#0000FF]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color][color=#282828]?[/color][color=#0000FF] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color][color=#282828] [/color][b][color=#FF0000]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b][color=#282828] [/color][color=#FF0000][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b][/color]
1) I don't know which brand of LM, but it looked similar to the ones they have at golfsmith. Session was done at a Callaway Performance Center. With a 6 iron, swing speed: 82-88mph, launch angle: 14-16, ballspeed: 110-120mph, sidespin: 150-300, backspin: 6600-7200 offline: -6~9 distance 165-175yds
2) mizuno swing dna tells me headspeed 85, tempo 6, toe down 3, kick angle 6, release factor 5.

[color=#282828]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? longer drive (currently carrying 230-250yds) [/color][color=#282828]I'd have to slow down the swing to shape or send the ball where I want it to go. But then I lose distance. I wish I could swing it at my tempo and speed like my irons and still be able to control my drives.[/color]
[color=#282828]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? I either hit a push to the left, or a fade to the right. I don't miss the face. [/color]
[color=#282828]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url][color=#282828]) that you like when you are playing good? straight[/color]
[color=#282828]9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? high draw[/color]
[color=#282828]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Central NJ, nice dry during summer, wet for fall/winter. [/color]
[color=#282828]11. [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url][color=#282828] and postures? height? etc. 6 ft tall 190 lbs average body type.[/color]
[color=#282828]12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) 7.5 and 3.5 respectively [/color]
[color=#282828]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url][color=#282828]? at least who do you like it to be? Want to swing like Tiger, but not even close. I try to copy asian pros. [/color]
[color=#282828]14. etc. The more the better it become.[/color]

[color=#282828]Thanks,[/color]

[color=#282828]Mark[/color]

[color=#282828][b]Answer: I NEED DRIVER LM DATA, NOT IRON DATA TO HELP YOUR DRIVER PROBLEM![/b][/color]

How often you play in a month? 2-3 times
How often you practice in a month? 2-3 times
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 6
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 10. South Texas golf association
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Driver

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. Titleist 909D 9.5deg w/ X-still Aldila Voodoo shaft
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? quick tempo swinger with heavy load
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 6/7
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? spin rates in the low 3000's and launch around 17+
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [color=#0000FF]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"][color=#0f72da]flightscope[/color][/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color=#0000FF] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color] [b][color=#FF0000]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b] [color=#FF0000][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b][/color]
[color=#FF0000][b]*** tested today on flightscope. [/b][/color]

[color=#FF0000][b]Swing Speed 110-112[/b][/color]
[color=#FF0000][b]Launch angle 16.8 with current[/b][/color]
[color=#FF0000][b]ball speed 156-159[/b][/color]
[color=#FF0000][b]spin rates 3100-3400[/b][/color]
[b][color=#ff0000]Descent angle too steep.[/color][/b]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? want a lower ball flight and less spin. I get no roll at all with driver.
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Will tend to pull hook more but can hit a push. Does not really cut just a push. Seems I tend to catch it a little high on face and toward the heel
8. What is your shots tendency (ball[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"][color=#0f72da] flight[/color][/url]) that you like when you are playing good? mid to higher flight that penetrates.
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? High draw
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Live in Austin, Tx. Due to heat seems course can have wet areas due to more watering
11. [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"][color=#0f72da]Body build[/color][/url] and postures? height? etc. 6'3" 240lbs. Broad shoulders. Strong thighs
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)

wear a med/ large cabretta, RH. Think wrist to fingertip is 7.25". longest finger is about 3.25"
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"][color=#0f72da]tour[/color][/url]? at least who do you like it to be? closest to John Daly. I have a very long swing.
14. etc. The more the better it become-- Went on launch monitor with Ping Anser and the 913. Liked them both. Looking for the lowest spinning combo and want to know what that is regardless of price.

Thanks for your help. I do have the flightscope report. I can email it if that helps

--Robert

[b]Answer: Definitely need lower loft to achieve at least 12* LA, heavier shaft and high kick point will definitely help, including the right size grip or even slightly larger. Even a slight shorter set up might help controlling your trajectory.[/b]

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for any assistance. My swing coach suggested a heavier driver shaft - thought I`d get a second opinion.

How often you play in a month?
- Once at best. Hopefully more now that my kids are a bit older and I can escape.

How often you practice in a month?
- 7, 8 times a month.

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?
- Wedge

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please.
- Callaway RAZR Fit set to standard. Shaft is (stock) Aldila RIP'd NV stiff 60g (I believe)

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?
- Quick tempo. Heavy load.

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability?

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?
- My dispersion is wider than I'd like and I'm often pulling the shots to the right.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.
- Foresight at Golftec. Here are some numbers from my last two sessions. I have data for about 13 shots but here are the averages:

Club head speed 103.62
Ball speed 150.92
Launch angle 15.06
Azimuth 4.09
Side spin -505.62
Back spin 2,842.77
Carry 250.85
Total distance 268.46
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?
- Tighter dispersion/better accuracy. Lower rpm. Maybe some stability at the top - considering a slightly heavier shaft.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?
- In general, mistakes would have a tendency to pull the shot by about 10'-15'. If my arms win out, I'm hooking it out by about 30'.

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?
- Straight to slight draw.

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?
- Slight draw, mid-High.

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?
- Vancouver, BC (Canada). So - a fair amount of rain but in the summer, it can get pretty dry.

11. Body build and postures? height? etc.
- 5'7". Average build.

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)
- Medium.

[b]Answer: Heavier shaft, high kick cut to 45" or even 44.5" at least to achieve closer to a correct swingweight[/b]. [b]Cut the shaft from the tip to accommodate your SS[/b].

• 2 weeks later...

I recently had a full bag fitting locally (minneapolis st paul northwest metro area) and the shop closed for business 3 days later without giving me the reccomendation based on the fitting :angry22: . It is a real bummer to pay for a full fitting session and then not get the reccomendations. I think i remember the ball, putter and driver changes but the Irons i have nothing. I do not trust my local golf galaxy store from past experiences, though the staff here is ever changing. I had a fitting there on the mizuno DNA but they didnt give me numbers and said that s300 would work, but i feel like that was purely to sell clubs. I am looking for an iron shaft now and i remember the fitter saying somthing about rifle shafts that would be like an s100 but i can be sure, rifle purely because he likes the quality and consistency. The numbers below are based on a full trackman fitting session.

How often you play in a month? 8-12 times. last season was my first year playing golf consistently. I had played in the past but merely for beers or company outings.
How often you practice in a month? 8-10 times twice a week a range usually
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 5 I have been told my swing isnt too bad and i just need some tweaking
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? I do not have an offical handicap yet but i regulary shoot 83-87
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? driver/woods,

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? yes, lie should be 1.5 upright, standard loft

2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! Mizuno mp-53 4-pw, standard loft, lie, length. standard grip. DG R300 shafts. mizuno MPT-11 wedges 50, 54, 58 degree, standard loft, ,length. DG spinner shafts

3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine? Trackman monitor. 7 iron used for fitting, club speed 83 mph ball speed 96 mph, carry 141 yards SHF-1.18 swing path in-out 2, clubface angle closed 1.6. side spin 1 deg hook tempo .90, impact .5" toe

4. What is your existing complain on your current set up? sporadic dispersion despite what i was told was a fairly consistent swing , much higher ball flight than virtually everyone i golf with

5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? lower ball flight a bit, tighten up dispersion

6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade? little lower, keep my natural draw

7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? high with a baby draw

8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? mistakes are out on the toe a bit, tend to open the clubface and slice when i try to juice a shot or in between clubs

9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? high ball hitter

10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? higher draw

11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? my long irons seems to be a bit longer porportionally then my short irons, my 6 iron carries 162, 5 iron carries 170-175 on a good day. not sure of swing speed, did not test the 5i at this fitting

12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players 35.25

13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player
vice versa on LH players 31.25

14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) glove is mens M/L longest finger is 3.5'

15. How tall are you? 5'9

16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? tendency to hit fat, divots are usually deeper

17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? no sure of a particular player, I would like a smother transitiion and with better follow through

18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing? tempo is on the quicker side i was told. .90 sec

I will add my driver numbers in case it helps with the irons at all. 20 shots on monitor Nike VR pro 10.5 deg. project x 5.5 standard length lie
club speed 100 mph
ball speed ball speed 136 mph
ball cary 215 yards had 4 bad swings that dropped the carry #'s a bit, most were 228-242 carry
swing path straight
clubface open 3.5
impact .25" heel
tempo .91 sec
rotation 1 deg in
launch angle 14.6
back spin 2684
side spin -384

[b]answer: I need a more detail LM number> It shows you definitely need a stiffer flex at least on your iron.[/b]

How often you play in a month? [color=#008000]8-10 times [/color]
How often you practice in a month?[color=#008000] 5-6 times[/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [color=#008000]Driver swing = 6.5 Iron swing = 9[/color]
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [color=#008000]Playing off 3 (using the best out scores from your last 20 rounds).[/color]
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? [color=#008000]Irons and wedges[/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. [color=#008000]I game an Adams 9064LS 9.5* driver with a Graphite Design AD Di-7s shaft 45 inches.[/color]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [color=#008000]Smooth swinger and don't know about "loading factor"[/color]
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? [color=#008000]7 with my driver[/color]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [color=#008000]Not sure if the flex and shaft is the right setup as I didn't get fitted for it.[/color]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [color=#0000ff]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"][color=#0f72da]flightscope[/color][/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color=#0000ff] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color] [b][color=#ff0000]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b] [color=#ff0000][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b][/color][color=#008000][b]Swing Speed = 105-110mph, Launch angle = 10*, Spin Rate = 3000 approx, Attack angle = 8*, thats all the information I remember.[/b][/color]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [color=#008000]I want to get a new shaft for my new driver (Adams Launch Lab) that will launch a little higher with less spin and have a stable shaft that will reduce my dispersion and increase my consistency. [/color]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [color=#008000]I tend to miss the shots evenly left and right with miss-hits. The balls comes off low and distance is drastically affected.[/color]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"][color=#0f72da] flight[/color][/url]) that you like when you are playing good? [color=#008000]I hit a penatrating ball flight that is straight and easy to control. [/color]
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [color=#008000]more comfortable hitting a slight fade.[/color]
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [color=#008000]I play at a Championship course in Australia. It gets quite windy and there are a number of carries that I can hit past with run but can't get over with my current ball flight.[/color]
11. [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"][color=#0f72da]Body build[/color][/url] and postures? height? etc. [color=#008000]I'm 5'10, medium/lean build with a strong upright posture.[/color]
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) I'm a left hand golfer, wear a small mens glove, 9cm from wrist to longest finger, 9cm longest finger.
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"][color=#0f72da]tour[/color][/url]? at least who do you like it to be? [color=#008000]Not sure, but I know I need to create more load and lag from the top of my backswing right through to my attack on the ball. Kyle Stanely, Dustin Johnson and Rory do this perfectly clearing their lower body so something along those lines would be nice haha. [/color]
14. etc. The more the better it become.

[color=#008000]I've also been told I need a shaft that weighs around 70g.[/color]

Thank you and any information would be great!

[b]Answer: Definitely need a swing coach to check your attack angle and fix it. I'm sure you will get the right LM # if you fix your swing. I shouldnt be hard, only a bit of change.[/b]

I've been a long-time 9015d w/XPP6 player. Loved the combo, then two things happened: (1) I had back surgery and (2) the shaft snapped. I finally located another XPP6 but it wasn't the same love affair. I bought the 9.5 Superdeep as a friend of my who played tour golf had one and I loved the look of the head. I am now struggling to find the right shaft for it.

A bit of background: I'm a scratch golfer (between +1.5 and 1 for the past year) with a swing speed around 110 (i think it was high teens pre-surgery). I haven't spent much time on launch monitors but was at a Titleist ball fitting the other day and noticed my launch angles were horribly low...around 5deg. Ball speed was around 163 (+/- 5mph) and smash factor between 1.43x and 1.47x so I know I am leaving a lot of distance on the table. Spin rates were on the high side but I was hitting into a 2 club wind after playing 18 holes so not overly concerned. Ball striking has always been my strength. My swing theory is that of Ernest Jones (to help save my back) so my swing has changed from a massive lag (Sergio-ish) to a bit smoother, probably contributing to the lower launch angle.

I have tried the Diamana 'ahina 73x (loved the feel but not the ball flight) and the Matrix HD6 in stiff (decent feel). Both launch very low for me. I am eyeballing the Diamana kaili as well as the Fubuki and GD ADDI based on various charts floating around and positive reviews.

My questions are this:
(1) What would be a good shaft to increase launch angle,
(2) Should I play a stiff or x-stiff and what weight (ie, x in lighter weight, s in heavier weight)?

Love to hear views.

[b]Answer: I need more detail data and info to be able to help.[/b]

I'm a newbie when it comes to this so pardon my ignorance, I'll give you the information that I know. I'm 30 years old and have been golfing since I was 14. I always just played casually with my friends and brothers up until this year where I decided to take golf more seriously. Anyway I'm a 20 handicapper who drives it around 250-260 but can get it up to around 275 according to the markings at the course.(I've never actually measured any of my drives electronically so I don't know how accurate this is so I'm just going by their yardages) I currently hit a 10.5* Nike VR Pro with a regular shaft, I have a natural draw and when I miss it is almost always a pull and or hook and I hit the ball really high. I also have a real "herky jerky" swing, so it looks like my swing speed is faster than it is but according to the computer at Golfsmith it is only 105mph. So anyway the guys I play with think I need a stiffer shaft but when I tried it on the machines at golfsmith my distances were way shorter and most of my shots were veering to the right, so I question whether my swing speed is fast enough to support the stiff shaft. I asked the workers at the store but they were pretty clueless, since I live in Michigan I haven't been able to try anything outdoors right now, only into the monitor but judging by what I said does it sound like I should stick with a regular shaft? Sorry I can't provide more info but like I said I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this technical stuff.

[b]Answer: I need more info and data to help. Please do not trust numbers on the LM only....Validation on the course may be different. LM machine only good for a fitter who knows how to use it and knows what # he should be looking for.[/b]

[

How often you play in a month? 4-8 times
How often you practice in a month? 4-8 times
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? Driver-7. Irons-9
What is your handicap now? Don't keep one. Id say I'm about a 6 now
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Wedges

1. What is the club existing set up? 9* razr hawk Oban Kiyoshi 6 in 04 flex 44.75"
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Quick tempo and heavy load
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 7
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Very inconsistent miss tends to be hook left or pushed right
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? Trackman 20 swing avg...105.7 SS, 14.2 LA, 3390 spin, 266 carry
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new setup? More consistent ball flight directionally speaking
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Hard hooks or straight pushes to the right. Tend to miss low and on the heel of the face
8. What is your shots tendency? Straight to a slight draw
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? High draw
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? From VA varied conditions
11. Size? 5'11 165 thin build
12. What is your glove size? Men's ML
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA? Tiger

[b]Answer[/b] : [b]Thank you for doing the right posting. simple but enough info. Anyway, Try a higher kick point stiffer tip shaft and tipped it 1/2" when you install it. You will be golden![/b]

[size=3][color=#000000]Before I start I was using a Titleist 909 d3 driver 9.5 degree with the voodoo with score shaft xflex. I just recently upgraded to the 913 with a whiteboard 72 5xct xflex. Problem im having is driver feels heavy to me and dead almost… ok on to the fitting questionnaire.[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]PLAYER FITTING[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]I play about 8-12 times a month[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Go to the range maybe 5-6 times a month[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]The consistency of my swing is probably a 7?[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Handicap was a 5 at the end of last year.[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Strength of my game used to be around the greens but now I would say im about the same everywhere. Hit good shots but also miss from everywhere as well? But lets just say short game is the best.[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]DRIVER FITTING[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Titleist 913 D3 driver 8.5 degree with whiteboard 72 5xct xflex shaft. Driver is set up in neutral. Length is also standard.[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Swing type I like to be smooth but may speed up a little more than I would like especially with the driver[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Again consistency is probably a 7. I usually miss low and on the toe[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Im looking to get a more penetrating ball flight. I generally hit the ball high and dies in the wind when not struck solid of course…[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]I tend to push the ball a lot when I miss and doesn’t come back with my normal draw. Will sometime just hangout right. Other misses I have is a snap hook the just comes up and bites me every once and a while. Again my miss on the club face is low and toward the toe.[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]My normal ball flight is a draw that in my opinion is pretty high. Guess I would like to keep it the same[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Live in Michigan and play a lot of Michigan and ohio courses. Out here the courses are pretty short and open.[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]I have an average build and height of 5’9’’[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]I wear a ML glove.[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]I guess if I had to say whos swing I TRY to model I would say… Luke Donald? But again that is a capital T-R-Y atleast that’s what im going for. Smooth and effortless[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Hope that’s enough of the info you guys needed any and all help is much appreciated. Im thinking I need a lighter shaft? Or maybe switch out the weight on the driver to a lighter one? Im not sure… you guys are the experts! Let me know I really appreciate your time in looking into this for me. Thanks![/color][/size]

[b]answer: Need LM data![/b]

Joe I am searching for a more correct 3 wood shaft for my Callaway X HOT 15* 3 wood. Currently it has the stock ProjectX Velocity (stiff flex, standard length 43.5") shaft in it. I'm looking for something that does not go so high, or spin as much. It feels a little soft, but I also do not like "boardy" feeling shafts. Here's my info as much as I have-

55 years old, 5'10", 195 Lbs, USGA Handicap 1
I play and practice 4-5 times a month
Swing consistency on a 1-10 scale I would say 8 or 9
Smooth tempo, driver swing speed 105 mph
Size L golf glove
Only data I got from Golf Galaxy monitor (with the 3 wood) - spin 3450-3550 rpm
Hitting this club outdoors the trajectory is high, and it seems to fall out of the sky unless I really draw it.
I have been told my swing resembles David Frost.

[b]Answer: I need more LM data![/b]

Driver-Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus 70 6.0
3W- Titleist TSR2 15 Hzrdus 70 6.0
Hybrid-Ping G410 19* Xcaliber Pro 85 S
Irons- Srixon ZX7/ZX5 Combo, KBS TOUR 120 S
Wedges- VOKEY SM9 50,54,59
PUTTER- EVNROLL ER7

How often you play in a month? [color=#ff0000]1-2 per month[/color]
How often you practice in a month? [color=#ff0000]1-2 per month[/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? [color=#ff0000]6[/color]
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? [color=#ff0000]GHIN 18[/color]
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? [color=#ff0000]Iron[/color]

Iron fitting questionnaire

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? [color=#ff0000]Yes,+.5" and 2* up[/color]
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! [color=#ff0000]Taylormade Rocketbladez – Rbladez 85g stock stiff[/color]
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine? [color=#ff0000]Yes Trackman with a 6 iron - 86.3 club speed, 117.8 ball speed, 22.1 launch angle, 4659 spin, 116.6 height, 50.7 land angle, -0.4 attack angle, -1.4 face angle, -3.0 club path[/color]
4. What is your existing complain on your current set up? [color=#ff0000]The flight seems really high and I'm worried I might be losing distance.[/color]
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? [color=#ff0000] Lower height, more distance[/color]
6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade? [color=#ff0000]Higher in general, although lower than what I have now. Fade[/color]
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? [color=#ff0000]High[/color]
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? [color=#ff0000]My miss is usually a push right[/color]
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? [color=#ff0000]High[/color]
10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? [color=#ff0000]High and a fade.[/color]
11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? [color=#ff0000]6-iron details above, but I probably hit it about 180 / ~87 mph[/color]
12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players [color=#ff0000]41.25[/color]
13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players [color=#ff0000]37”[/color]
14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) [color=#ff0000]Large, wrist to longest finger is 7.75” and longest finger is 3.5”[/color]
15. How tall are you? [color=#ff0000]6’2 and 3/4[/color]
16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? [color=#ff0000]Medium[/color]
17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? [color=#ff0000]Not sure[/color]
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing? [color=#ff0000]Quick tempo and aggressive transition and downswing.[/color]

[b]Answer: Common for Tall players to hit balls on the higher side.[/b]
[b]You need a strong S flex high kick point, 1" over, At least midsize grip and double check on lie angle to make sure up right enough[/b]. [b]Practice hand a head at impact[/b] ( reduce your casting at impact)[b], try a 10 fingers base ball grip full swing. It will promote hands a head and staying down longer[/b] [b]at impact point[/b]. [b]Pick a stronger lofted club[/b] [b]or bend loft stronger to help more[/b][b], but make sure enough bounce angle.[/b]

Hey Everyone
Long time lurker and now finally signed up.
Locally we dont have anything for fitting and shaft selection, so i am hoping that someone may be able to provide some shaft choices.
I know I need an X-stiff shaft, but these are not commonly kept at local golf store. I hit a very high ball, with trememdous back spin (no roll out).

How often you play in a month? [b][color=#b22222]3 times a week, summer only[/color][/b]
How often you practice in a month?[b][color=#b22222] If you count 10 minutes at the range before a round[/color][/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.[color=#b22222][b]7[/b][/color]
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?[color=#b22222][b]8[/b][/color]
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?[color=#b22222][b]Irons[/b][/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. [b][color=#b22222]PIng K15-cant remember shaft, Cobra ZL Encore- Speedster Shaft, 9.5 loft, Stiff Shaft (X-stiff hard to come by, locally, usually special order) Length Standard[/color][/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?[b][color=#b22222]Very Smooth back swing, almost stop at apex, hard transition down[/color][/b]
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability?[b][color=#b22222]8, strong striking ability, sometimes leave hands behind or late[/color][/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[b][color=#b22222]I know i need an X-stiff, and i push it right usually, want to get some extra yardage and lower spin[/color][/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [color=#0000ff]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color=#0000ff] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color][b][color=#b22222] I dont know the brand, Golftown was the location. SS 105-111, Launch Angle 16 degrees or higher, Ball Speed ??, Spin Rate 3600+, Swing Path -Outside In,[/color][/b]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[b][color=#b22222]Lower Trajectory, More Roll Out, Lower Spin[/color][/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[b][color=#b22222]Push Right or Open Face, Mis off Toe[/color][/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url]) that you like when you are playing good?[b][color=#b22222]Very High Flight, Ball drops straight down[/color][/b]
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?[b][color=#b22222]High, Fade[/color][/b]
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[b][color=#b22222]Dry Conditions, Windy (always a wind here), Canada[/color][/b]
11. [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url] and postures? height? etc.[b][color=#b22222] 6'1" 235 lbs, athletic[/color][/b]
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)[b][color=#b22222]Large, 8" Wrist to Finger, Finger Length 3.5"[/color][/b]
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url]? at least who do you like it to be?[b][color=#b22222]Not to sure, maybe Dustin Johnson[/color][/b]
14. etc. The more the better it become. [b][color=#b22222]I hit my 7 iron about 190 yards, 9 iron around 160, 52 Wedge about 120. I am very poor with my wedge play, but medium irons are very good. i am looking for shaft suggestions, becuase our local golftown does not carry a fitting room nor do they have much in terms of shafts. I will likely have to buy a shaft online to try and i am hoping to narrow it down.[/color][/b]

[b]Answer: Try a lower lofted club to find a LA around 12-14 first and post your question again with those new data.[/b]

I know I'm not following the 'protocol' but I just have a quick general question.

What is normal shaft weight differences do you go for between Driver, Fairway, and hybrid ?

do you guys put same weight shafts or put lightest one in driver and heavier as shaft gets shorter?

Sorry if I made mistake in posting here!

Thanks in adv

Driver fitting questionere
6 times a month?
1 to 2 days ill practice I guess u can say
7 swing consistency
don’t have one mid to high 80’s
mid irons are my strength

1.DRIVER:Nike SQ DYMO 10.5, Stiff, UST Mayima AVIX CORE 50 grams, 45”
2. Quick Tempo Heavy Loader
3. 7 swing consistancy
4. I tend to hit it kind of low and it comes off the club good but its like it hits a net and just drops but if I drop a ball and hit it from the same spot I can hit them within feet of each other
5. 94 swing speed, 12.1 launch angle, 124 ball speed, 3100 spin rate, 230 carry 240 total
6. Id like more Distance and keep it controlled
7. If I miss a shot on my club I usually get under to much and pop it straight up
8. low
9. High fade
10. Va so hot cold depends on season of the year cause for me golf season doesn’t end
11. 5’6” 135
12. M glove size, 7 ¼” from wrist to longest finger and 3” longest finger, RH
13. ME
i like a heavier feel to a club not to fond of light clubs im looking for shafts for my driver 3 and 5 wood

answer: check your ball position at address and your spine angle tilt at address. your numbers tells me that your don't stay behind the ball enough and attack angle a hair steep.

[color=#282828]How often you play in a month?[/color][color=black][size=2]
[color=#ff0000]4-8 times[/color]
[color=#282828][size=4]How often you practice in a month?[/size][/color][/size][/color][color=black][size=2]
[color=#ff0000]10 times[/color]
[color=#282828][size=4]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.[/size][/color][/size][/color][color=black][size=2]
[color=#ff0000]7[/color]
[color=#282828][size=4]What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?[/size][/color][/size][/color][color=black][size=2]
[color=#ff0000]12[/color]
[color=#282828][size=4]What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?[/size][/color][/size][/color][color=black][size=2]
[color=#ff0000]Driver[/color]

[color=#282828][size=4]Driver fitting questionnaire:[/size][/color]

[color=#282828][size=4]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please.[/size][/color][/size][/color][color=black][size=2]
[color=#ff0000]Mizuno mp600 9.5, fujikura fit on e360, stiff flex, stock length[/color][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=1]
[color=#ff0000]Mizuno mx700 3 wood 15deg exsar FS4 stiff flex 3.5 torque 65g wieght ball flight mid[/color][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=1]
[color=#ff0000]Mizuno mx700 hybrid 20deg exsar HS4 stiff flex 3.2 torque 80g wieght, ball flight mid-high[/color]
[color=#282828][size=4]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?[/size][/color][/size][/color][color=black][size=2]
[color=#ff0000]smooth takeaway, heavy loader, quick on downswing[/color]
[color=#282828][size=4]3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability?[/size][/color][/size][/color][color=black][size=2]
[color=#ff0000]8[/color]
[color=#282828][size=4]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[/size][/color][/size][/color][color=black][size=2]
[color=#ff0000]Nothing so far for the driver, but I'm changing drivers soon. I really like the Nike Covert driver with the 50g kuro kage shaft (270 consistently on flightscope)[/color][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=1]
[color=#ff0000]3 wood, the ball balloons too much, too high, but I like the feel of the club[/color][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=1]
[color=#ff0000]3 hybrid, the club feels dead and the shaft feels heavy, totally different from my 3 wood[/color]
[color=#000000][size=4]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [/size][/color][size=4][color=#000000]([/color][url="http://www.flightscope.com/"][color=#000000]flightscope[/color][/url][color=#000000] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color][/size][color=#000000][size=4]?[/size][size=4] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/size][size=4] [/size][b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b][size=4] [/size][size=4][b]DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. [/b][/size][/color][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=2]
[color=#ff0000]I just used the mizuno fitting system for my iron 84mph swing speed 105 driver speed in 2009[/color][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=2]
[color=#282828][size=4]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[/size][/color][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=2]
[color=#ff0000][size=4]more consistency and distance[/size][/color][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=2]
[color=#282828][size=4]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[/size][/color][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=2]
[color=#ff0000]topping the ball, hooking[/color]
[color=#282828][size=4]8. What is your shots tendency (ball[/size][/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"] flight[/url][color=#282828][size=4]) that you like when you are playing good?[/size][/color][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=2]
[color=#ff0000]straight slight draw[/color]
[color=#282828][size=4]9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?[/size][/color][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=2]
[color=#ff0000]high, fade[/color]
[color=#282828][size=4]10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[/size][/color][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=2]
[color=#ff0000]southern california[/color][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=1]

[color=#282828][size=4]11. [/size][/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]Body build[/url][color=#282828][size=4] and postures? height? etc.[/size][/color][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=1]
[color=#ff0000]athletic, 5'10'' 190lbs[/color]
[color=#282828][size=4]12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)[/size][/color][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=1]
[color=#ff0000]RH golfer ML glove[/color]
[color=#282828][size=4]13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [/size][/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"]tour[/url][color=#282828][size=4]? at least who do you like it to be?[/size][/color][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=1]
[color=#ff0000]Matt kuchar, rickie fowler, I would love to look like tiger woods[/color]
[color=#282828][size=4]14. etc. The more the better it become.[/size][/color][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=1]
[color=#ff0000][size=4]Just looking to lower the flight of the 3 wood without messing with the feel, 3 hybrid feels different from my club set and I feel like I have to put a different swing on it. Does the Nike covert driver use the real kuro kage shaft?[/size][/color][/size][/color]

[list]
[*][b]How often you play in a month?[/b]
4-8 times
[*][b]How often you practice in a month?[/b]
[*][b]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )?[/b]
Driver-6. Irons-7
[*][b]What is your handicap now?[/b]
[*][b]What is your strength on your game?[/b]
Short game / putting & chipping.
[/list]
[b]Driver fitting questionnaire:[/b][list=1]
[*][b]What is the club existing set up?[/b]
Tileist 910 D2 - Titleist Diamana Kai’li 65 - Stiff
[*][b]What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing?[/b]
Smooth tempo swinger, not aggresive in loading.
[*][b]On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?[/b]
[*][b]What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[/b]
Off the shelf, never fitted. Wonder if it suits me. Misses are 90% push cuts.
[*][b]Have you ever had a launch monitor session before?[/b]
Swing Speed: 98mph
Ball Speed: 142mph
Launch: 12.7 degrees
Azimuth: 4.8 degrees
Backspin: 2605 rpm
Total Spin: 2715 rpm
Descent Angle: 40
Carry: 237
Total: 261
[*][b]What are you trying to change or achieve on your new setup?[/b]
More consistent ball flight directionally & more distance
[*][b]What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? [/b]
Miss to the right, hitting off the toe. Very weak feeling.
[*][b]What is your shots tendency?[/b]
Straight Fade, Push Cut
[*][b]If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low?[/b]
Strong Fade
[*][b]What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [/b]
Very varid - soft and wet in winter, very dry in summer. My low ballflught gives me a ton
[*][b]Size?[/b]
5'11 160 skinny
[*][b]What is your glove size?[/b]
Men's Medium
[*][b]If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA?[/b]
Hunter Mahan

[b]Notes:[/b]

A lot of my problems are due to holding the club off and on the day of the launch numbers I had real problems with this resulting in a lot of pushes and push cuts. Probably 90% of shots.

I have [u][i]always[/i][/u] hit the ball low, even when driving well.

I am working on releasing the ball a bit better - and when I do this I straighten out to more of a 'straight to left shape' and gain a lot of yards, but my ballflight is even lower when doing this.

I own 2 shafts, the Kali that came with my titleist, and also an Oban Devotion 5 stiff (never used it). I firstly wonder which should be the most suitable, and if neither, are there any suggestions?

Thanks a lot of looking and helping :)
[/list]

answer: honestly, i would seek for swing coach first. your# tells me that your LA not that low and over all not bad. the only thing i can think of base on your info...you can try to play shorter set up for better control.

• 2 weeks later...

im deciding on a new shaft the options are a fujikura motore speeder vc 7.1 stiff (mid spin/mid launch) and graphite design tour ad m-65 stiff (high launch?/? spin) cant find much info or reviews on the graphite design shaft anyway here we go

how often you play per month-2 times
how often you practice per month- 4 times
how consistent do you think your swing is 1-10- 7
what is your handicap now- 25 maybe ive only been playing less than a year never done it formally
what is your strength on your game-driving, wedge play

I'm 5'11, 140 24 years old
what is your existing setup- taylormade r9 superdeep 10.5 loft, 60 grams, regular
what type of swinger are you- smooth tempo, light loader
what is the problem with the existing setup? distance
87-97 swing speed
what are you trying to change about your current setup? more distance, more carry
my misses are slices but 1/10 i mostly fade the ball slightly
what ball flight is easiest for you, low fade
what type of course are you playing? links, open courses in michigan
what size glove do you wear? medium-large, 7.75 inches wrist to middle finger, 3.5 inch middle finger

thanks for your help

How often you play in a month?
[b] [/b][b]3-4[/b]
How often you practice in a month?
[b] 5-6[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.
[b] [/b][b]7[/b]
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?
[b] [/b][b]12[/b]
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?
[b] [/b][b]Driver and Putter[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please.
[b] Cobra ZL Encore Motore F1 55 Stiff / Stock[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?
[b] Quicker Tempo / Med-Heavy Loader[/b]
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability?
[b] 7[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?
[b] Ball Flight is a touch high. Balls tend to balloon on me.[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)

[b] Foresight LM[/b]

[b] SS – 108[/b]
[b] [/b][b]BS – 158[/b]
[b] [/b][b]LA – 14[/b]
[b] [/b][b]Azimuth - 1[/b]
[b] [/b][b]Spin – 3100[/b]
[b] [/b][b]Peak Height – 45[/b]
[b] [/b][b]Descent Angle – 42[/b]

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?
[b] [/b][b]Lower trajectory and lower spin.[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?
[b] [/b][b]Snap Hook[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/"] flight[/url]) that you like when you are playing good? [b] [/b]
[b] [/b][b]Mostly high[/b]
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?
[b] [/b][b]Mid-High. Fade[/b]
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?
[b] [/b][b]Southern California[/b]
11. [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/"]Body build[/url] and postures? height? etc.
[b] [/b][b]5’9” 180 Athletic[/b]
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer).
[b] [/b][b]M/L 7.75” 3.5”[/b]
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/"]tour[/url]? at least who do you like it to be?
[b] [/b][b]Eh, Rory?[/b]
14. Any advice or suggestion for a specific shaft upgrade would be great.

-- Thanks for your time. It's what makes this site so awesome.

answer: Try a heavier shaft set up with stiffer tip higher kick point and build it on a subflex between S and X.

How often you play in a month? 8-12
How often you practice in a month? 6 times
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10. 7
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? USGA Index of 4.2 - Was 0 2 years ago before kids :)
What is your strength on your game? Mid Irons and short game

1. TaylorMade RBZ Tour Head 9.0* Set one notch lower. 45 inch DG Aura Red Stiff shaft D4 Swing Weight 68 grams 3.2 torque
2. Smooth Swing Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 7
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Spin is higher than I would like
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [color=#0000ff]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"][color=#0f72da]flightscope[/color][/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color=#0000ff] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color]

[b][color=#ff0000]Swing Speed: 105[/color][/b]
[b][color=#ff0000]Ball Speed 148[/color][/b]
[b][color=#ff0000]Launch: 14.5[/color][/b]
[b][color=#ff0000]Spin: 3,500[/color][/b]
[b][color=#ff0000]Angle of Attack +3[/color][/b]

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? I would like to maintain driving distance and become more accurate
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? I tend to miss high right when struggling
8. What is your shots tendency (ball[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"][color=#0f72da] flight[/color][/url]) that you like when you are playing good? Can move it either way, but high draw is optimal.
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit Med/High Draw
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? In Minneapolis and play a club with soft conditions
11. [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"][color=#0f72da]Body build[/color][/url] and postures? height? etc. 6 feet tall - 215 lbs
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) ML Glove. 7.5 inches wrist to finger tip. Longest finger 3.25 inches
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/2526-for-you-guys-asking-for-a-help-in-picking-a-shaft/#"][color=#0f72da]tour[/color][/url]? at least who do you like it to be? People say Vijay Singh
14. I am interested in the Titleist 913 D2 with any loft and shaft combo they have avilable. I drove the ball the best when I had a 975D with a stiff EI-70 shaft.

Thanks for the help!!!

Answer: Shorter set up for control and higher kick point stiffer tip design shaft with a a build to a subflex s/x.