2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

For you guys asking for a help in picking a shaft!

joey3108

[quote name='sxa0lij' timestamp='1301490409' post='3101898']
Joe, any help is appreciated.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 4[b] times[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]4-5[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]7[/b]

Driver fitting questionnaire:

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) Adams 9015d 10.5 [b]degree, Harrison Saga R60 regular, 43.5"[/b]

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?[b]Smooth tempo, low load[/b]

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?[b]15hc, consistent, decent ballstriker[/b]

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[b]Would like more distance[/b]

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? Yes , I can e-mail the info ? SS 92[b]-94mph[/b]

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[b]I would like to get a few more yards off the tee.[/b]

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[b]I tend to the fade the ball slightly ,[/b]

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? small [b]draw[/b]

9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[b]Firm fairways. South Florida.[/b]

10. Body build and postures? height? etc.[b]5'3", Overweight[/b]

11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.[b]Medium glove[/b]

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?[b]I have a smooth tempo like Paul Casey

Answer: Need complete LM data. Email are only if you need my direct attention asap and set up a phone fitting session.
[/b]
[/quote]

On the files , since I'm LH , they used an R9 so they could change shafts?

Answer: just base on your LM data, You need a higher loft. 11-12 degree with mid kick low spin shaft should do it.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='joey3108' timestamp='1301708843' post='3111114']
[size="7"][b]Lets start fresh AGAIN! :)[/b][/size]
[/quote]

I read this thread for the first time and posted several days ago- I had not seen you had answered all these requests and thought your "Done" meant you were "done" giving answers. Just now I realized it meant you had read and answered a whole new batch. Wow, quite a commitment and generous act! A tip 'o the cap to you, sir.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

[color="#ff0000"][b]Thanks for looking

Hope there is enough LM data
[/b][/color]

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [color="#ff0000"]10[/color]

How often you practice in a month? [color="#ff0000"]6[/color]

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [color="#ff0000"] 8 [/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [color="#ff0000"]TM 09 Burner 10.5* Reg stock shaft 45.75" long[/color]

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [color="#ff0000"]Smooth tempo med load[/color]

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [color="#ff0000"]9 Handicap 8/10 for consistency able to hit 75% of fairways[/color]

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [color="#ff0000"] Is my spin too low for my swingspeed? Am I losing yards because of it?
[/color]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]

Vector LM data:

Swing speed 89mph
Launch Angle 13*
Ball Speed 130 mph
Backspin 2200rpm
Sidespin 450rpm left
Swing Path: square to closed at finish

[/b] 6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [color="#ff0000"]Just want the best setup for my swing
[/color]

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [color="#ff0000"]Bad contact shots are on heel. Pull hooks are my worst misses. [/color]

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [color="#ff0000"] Slight draw[/color]

9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [color="#ff0000"] Med/firm fairways narrow fairways Canada[/color]

10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [color="#ff0000"] 5' 9" med/slight build 168 lbs 51 years old[/color] [color="#ff0000"]male[/color]

11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [color="#ff0000"] Medium[/color] [color="#ff0000"]cadet[/color]

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [color="#ff0000"] don't know[/color]

13. etc. The more the better it become.

Answer: You need a higher launch base on your SS and Spinrate. Higher loft should get the ball up higher and also will bring the spin higher too. At least 14-14.5...You might even need higher if your spin rate stay 2500 or lower.

Driver: Titleist  Tsi2
FW's: Callaway Rogue 4w
Hybrids: X2 Hot 3&4
Irons: Ping G410 Reg Graphite 5-UW
Wedges: Callaway MD3 56
Handicap 9
Putter: Zing2 BeCu among others

Joe, You are awesome for taking on this task and it is much appreciated.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month?
[color="#ff0000"]In summer 20times a month[/color]

How often you practice in a month?
[color="#ff0000"]Daily in the warmer months
[/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.
[color="#ff0000"]8 - very consistent hitting center of the club[/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )
[color="#ff0000"]Taylormade tour Burner TP 9.5*, Rombax TP75 stiff flex shaft. Length:45" Swingweight:?[/color]

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?
[color="#ff0000"]Quick tempo, heavy load, quick transition with short backswing. [/color]

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?
[color="#ff0000"]Scratch in summer, ball striking is very good[/color]

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?
[color="#ff0000"]Launch is too High and Spin is to High. [/color]

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b]
[color="#ff0000"]Yes on vector Launch Monitor
Swing Speed: 100
Launch Angle: 17.5*
Ball Speed: 141
Spin Rate: 3500
Swing Path: inside to straight (sorry no numbers)
Attack Angle: I stay behind it and hit up on the ball (sorry no numbers)
Side spin: 250
Deviation: 6yards
Total Dist: 240yrds[/color]

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?
[color="#ff0000"]Lower spin and lower launch to increase distance
[/color]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?
[color="#ff0000"]I miss low on the face. My miss is a pull[/color]

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?
[color="#ff0000"]Straight with ever so slight draw. [/color]

9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?
[color="#ff0000"]Upstate NY, windy and dry in summer, windy and wet in fall and spring.
[/color]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc.
[color="#ff0000"]5'11" - Built like a football fullback - Strong but not flexible[/color]

11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.
[color="#ff0000"]medium maybe??[/color]

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?
[color="#ff0000"]JB Holmes maybe, Short back swing lot of rotation.
[/color]
[color="#ff0000"]I have a 9* Ping G15 Head that I want to put a shaft in, Please recommend a shaft or two that would work well with the G15 that would lower my launch and spin numbers???[/color]
THANKS JOE

Answer: Base on your LM #...You need a lower loft head with stiff tip high kick shaft S flex. 9* on the Ping may not help as much base on LM # says 17.5*. Your ideal LA is 13-14.

Joe, Thanks for all of your help

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [color="#0000ff"]4 times
[/color]How often you practice in a month? [color="#0000ff"]6-7 times
[/color]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? [color="#0000ff"]6[/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [color="#0000ff"]Taylopmade r9 460 10.5* stock Aldila RE*AX 60-gram stiff
[/color]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [color="#0000ff"]quick tempo heavy loader
[/color]3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [color="#0000ff"]18 handicap, 6 on consistency
[/color]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [color="#0000ff"]ball flight is high, no roll
[/color]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"][color="#353535"]flightscope[/color][/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)
[b]Flightscope - Ping nFlight
99.5 swing speed
18.7* launch angle
145.8 ball speed
2555 spin rate
1.5* Angle of Attach
42.8* Landing Degree

[/b]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [color="#0000ff"]some roll
[/color]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good?[color="#0000ff"] hook [/color]Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[color="#0000ff"]miss is towards [/color][color="#0000ff"]the toe
[/color]8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [color="#0000ff"]slight draw
[/color]9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[color="#0000ff"] georgia
[/color]10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [color="#0000ff"]5' 11" 175
[/color]11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [color="#0000ff"]medium-large
[/color]12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [color="#0000ff"]not sure

Answer: Go back to LM session with a lower lofted club and highe kick shaft as much as you can and get back here post your new numbers.

[/color]

Joe,

Thanks a ton for taking the time to help regular guys like us out!

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 4-5 9-hole rounds
How often you practice in a month? maybe two 1-hr sessions
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? 7

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) 10.5* TaylorMade r7 Limited w/stock "made for" Matrix XCON 5.5 regular. MWT configured as 14toe, 4heel, 1center.
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? smooth tempo, unsure of load factor
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? 12hdcp, 7 consistency
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? launch too low, not enough carry, too much roll
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)
Trackman:[b]
95mph ss
9deg launch
144mph bs
1680rpm spin
8.9* swing path
0.5* AoA
-11.6* spin axis
195yd carry, 243yd total

[/b]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? wondering if a new setup will help me launch higher, or should I focus on swing changes?
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? bad low hook Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?generally not
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? slight draw
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? typical NorCal munis. I play a lot of early AM back-9 rounds, so FW's tend to be wetter/softer.
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. 5' 11" 185
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. medium-large
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Ernie Els (in my dreams)

Appreciate any help and advice you can offer.

Thanks,
ugggh

Answer: try a 12* driver and give us the LM data on it.

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Joe, any help is appreciated.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b]10 times[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]1-2[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]7[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )[b]Maltby 11 degree, SK Fiber Pure Energy regular, D1, 45"[/b]

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?[b]Smooth tempo, low load, early release[/b]

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?[b]11hc, consistent, decent ballstriker[/b]

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[b]Would like more distance[/b]

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? [b]Yes, Golfachiever. Swingspeed=84mph. Launch Angle=12.2, Ball speed=119mph, Back spin=2703rpm, Swing Path 1 degree, Side spin=-107rpm, Face angle =-0.3 degrees[/b]

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[b]I would like to get a few more yards off the tee.[/b]

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[b]I tend to block the ball on poor swings and hit towards the toe.[/b]

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?[b]Baby draw[/b]

9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[b]Firm fairways. Northern Canada.[/b]

10. Body build and postures? height? etc.[b]5'9", Overweight[/b]

11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.[b]Medium glove[/b]

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?[b]I have a smooth tempo like Els[/b]<br style="">

Answer: Find your self a 13* driver or even more and get some LM data again.
[/size][/color]

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 2 to 3 rounds
How often you practice in a month? everyday
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 9

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )Taylormade R7 425, Reax Stiff shaft, standard length
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Smooth
Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Moderate load
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? 8
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Not getting the distance off the tee that I think I can get from current club.
5. Have you ever had a Launch Monitor session before? Yes
What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, Launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b] Vector LM
SS 85.36 Ball Velocity 122.7 Launch Angle 18.1 Ball Spin 2302 Carry 196 Total 216.9 PTR 143 Deviation 9.5
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? More distance
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Push Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? On toe if I mishit
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Soft draw
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Flat to rolling hills, Dallas, Texas
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. Slim body, great posture, 5' 10" 162 lbs
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. Cadel ML
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? I don't really know

Answer: Try a lower lofted club with Soft tip shaft in R flex.

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 10 rounds
How often you practice in a month? 10 times
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 8.

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )[/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Bang Bangster OL, 8.5 degree, 0.5 degree closed + Harrison Tour 2.5 FL with firm flex (used to be recommended for 100-110 MPH swing speed)
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?[/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]I have a smooth transition but I load the shaft quite hard in the down stroke.
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? HDCP: 6.
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? The driver was really good, but the shaft broke the other day. So I am looking for an up-to date replacement.
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [color="#0000FF"]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color="#0000FF"] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color] [b][color="#FF0000"]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b] I was on a monitor a while ago. Swing speed was around 100, which was probably correct, but I don't trust the rest that came out of it. The driver I bought from that session performed very different from my old one, even though the launch monitor showed very similar behavior. I basically got a driver with a lot of back spin and a lot of hook spin....[/size][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? I am basically looking for similar performance. [/size][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Basically what I've been playing for the last years: A workable driver that allows me to hit hard & low into the wind and keeping the ball down and penetrating and rolling. And allows me to hit it mid high to high down wind.[/size][/color]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Push and hooks.
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Draw.
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Windy, and fairways with variable firmness.
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. 4"10.5, slim, flexible.
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. Somewhere between small and medium.
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Somewhere between Jim Furyk and Ben Hogan. Body release with a deep follow-thru (swing left type)[/size][/color]
13. etc. The more the better it become. [/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Basically I am looking for an up do date driver with similar flight characteristics as my old one. I am fairly flat at impact so I need a head that doesn't turn into a hook faced beast when the hands are low at address. Somewhere between 0 and 0.5* closed at address is fine. And a shaft in the 60-65g range and 46" total club length.

Answer: I can't help you without doing an in house fitting to see club or swing is the problem.
[/size][/color]

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Joe, nice to see your still doing this and that i am not late to the party. Any help is appreciated

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? approx 10
How often you practice in a month? 6-8
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? 8

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [b]Cleveland SL290, stock miyazaki K cua 43 stiff flex @ 45.75inches [/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b]smooth tempo with an avergae to light load at the top and a slow release at the bottom[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [b]15 handicap, 8. i can be pretty consistent with the drive. Whether that is straight or not is a different story[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b]Fade turns into a slice. lately some straight pulls mixed in. But my main desire is a club in the 44-44.5 inch range and I cant get a clubmaker to cut my shaft. I already choke up around an inch and any further down doesnt feel comfortable[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)
[b]Zelocity: I compared the 9 degree to the 10.5 degree both SL290 so will include both numbers if thats of any further help.
9 degree:
club speed: 96.03
ball velocity: 134.8
Launch angle: 13.6
Spin: 2752
carry: 209.4
total: 231.4
PTR: 140.4
deviation: 4.6

10.5 degree:
Club speed: 97.77
ball velocity: 138.8
launch angle: 14.9
spin: 2562
carry: 223.7
total: 247.2
ptr: 142.0
deviation: 6.4

[/b]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]More consistent striking, shorter overall club length. will sacrifice some distance for a nice straight drive to a slight fade. Reduce my tendency to slice[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? [b]Slice[/b] Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[b]miss is towards the toe[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b]Straight to a slight fade[/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[b] all different conditions from inner city munis to nicer faster, cleaner long Island/Jersey courses. Queens, NY[/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [b]5' 9" 175lbs. Weaker than average but pretty flexible and always been athletic[/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.[b] medium-cadet[/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?[b] I wouldnt even dare compare myself to any pro, but for the most part my swing is pretty stock, straight forward without any crazy moves. I try and be as close to a professional looking swing as possible. I would say I dont get as high in my backswing is the main difference[/b]

[b]Joe, Thanks again. I am considering pulling the shaft and selling it. Or just starting fresh with a new club if I cant get this thing cut down. take care

Answer: Your 10.5 driver LM # is almost perfect IMO, just a bit to high on the LA. Shorter club set up from 45.75 should give a better release motion to reduce you slice.
[/b]

Currently using Taylormade R7 Limited 10.5 degree with stock regular shaft 45.5''

Fairly smooth swinger, play off 14

Bad shot mostly a block but sometimes a hook if I get too handsy

Ball flight mostly dead straight with driver, tend to hit a draw with irons

Play in UK at a fairly short course that gets quite windy

Trackman LM numbers average:

90-95 swing speed

130-140 ball speed

15-17 launch

2,000-2,500 spin

220ish carry

240-245ish total

Looking for a more penetrating ball flight to hopefully gain a little extra distance. Considering if it is worth playing driver at 45'' or even shorter for control?

Answer: Definitely try a shorter driver with a stiff flex or at least FIRM (R/S).

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 4-5 rounds
How often you practice in a month? 15-20 times
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 6 or 7

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) Ping g10 10.5, Diamana Blueboard 63g, D3, 45"
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?
I have a quick tempo transition, and i load the club pretty heavy.
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? My handicap is around 15, and i am pretty inconsistant with my driver. i would say a 4 on consistency. I am a pretty solid ball striker with irons and wedges.
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? I don't get any real carry out of my driver. I carry my driver around 200-210, and carry my 4 wood 220-230.
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! [/b] I was on a vector launch monitor at golfsmith, and i got these numbers. My swing speed ranges from 97-104. My launch angle is around 7-8. never gets higher than 9. My spin rate is 3300-3400 on good hits. I put cut spin on the ball most of the time.

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? I am looking to increase my launch angle, so i can increase my carry. I know most of it has to do with my angle of attack. My swing is too flat, but i am hoping that i can increase my launch angle through a new set up.

Basically what I've been playing for the last years: A workable driver that allows me to hit hard & low into the wind and keeping the ball down and penetrating and rolling. And allows me to hit it mid high to high down wind.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? I tend to slice the ball out quite a bit. I miss toward the heel of the club most of the time.
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Slight fade.
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? I play really hard fairways and can get a ton of roll out of the ball when it is really dry in the summer. I live in Indiana.
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. 5' 9", medium build and flexible.
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. Cadet Medium.
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? I couldn't even begin to guess. I study film of anthony kim's swing because we are the same build. I like his swing a lot.

I am looking for a club set up that will get my launch angle from 8 to 14 or so. I assume that most of the changes are going to be swing changes. I want a shaft with a tip that can keep up with me like the blueboard, but is still flexible to get the ball up in the air. I really like the feel of a really smooth shaft like the BB.

Answer: Higher loft and get a teaching pro to get rid of you delofting impact position.

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

General questionnaire:
[b][color="#800080"]5-10 times a month[/color][/b]
[color="#800080"][b]23 days per month[/b][/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.
[color="#800080"]6[/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ).
[color="#800080"]nike [b]sumo 5000 with stock diamana shaft for nike stiff[/b][/color]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader
[color="#800080"][b]Smooth tempo, light loader i think. [/b][/color]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?
[b][color="#800080"]6 Handicap, 7 swing consistency. no real striking ability, every part of my game is all around average,[/color][/b]
[b][color="#800080"]shaft feels whippy and ball flight is kind of low[/color][/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b]
[b][color="#800080"]These numbers are from the club i am almost settled on buying.
910 d2 ahina stiff
swing speed: 96-107 mph
launch angle 13-14
ball speed NA
spin rate 3500-4500 rpm
swing path straight
attack angle NA
side spin NA[/color][/b]

[b][color="#800080"]a medium ball flight height. lower spin[/color][/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?
[color="#800080"][b]a fade. tendecy for shots to be low on the clubface or near the toe.[/b][/color]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?
[color="#800080"][b]medium/ low dead straight[/b][/color]
[b][color="#800080"]my courses are public and i dont think fall into any specific category. they are not dry for sure[/color][/b]
[color="#800080"][b]5 foot 9. with decent amount of muscle[/b][/color]
[color="#800080"][b]medium[/b][/color]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?
[b][color="#4169E1"][color="#800080"]i don't really know. i would like it to be like luke donald, minus the finish position[/color]. [/color][/b]
[b][color="#800080"]the whippy feeling in the shaft might be due to the heavy club head. either way i don't like the feel.
Iron fitting Questionnaire:[/color][/b]

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle?
[b][color="#800080"]yes. two years back, lie angle was 2 degree flat[/color][/b]
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please!
[b][color="#800080"]standard lie and length ( although i think mizuno is either .25 or .5 an inch shorter than most other manufacturers.) Project x 5.5 non-flighted[/color][/b]
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?
[color="#800080"][b]yes, but it was two years back and the numbers are very outdated now.[/b][/color]
4. How do you hit them so far?
[color="#800080"][b]I am a good iron striker. medium/ low flight [/b][/color]
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?
[b][color="#800080"]i would like a heavier shaft than my pj x. and also slightly stiffer[/color][/b]
6. What do you like to see on your ball flight?
[b][color="#800080"]straight ballfight medium height[/color][/b].
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?
[color="#800080"][b]Straight ballflight [/b][/color]
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where?.
[color="#800080"]i[/color][b][color="#800080"] miss to the left but still sweet spot. recently a few slight shanks ( but that maybe due to my swing) [/color][/b]
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?
[color="#800080"][b]medium or medium/ low, not too sure which[/b][/color]
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )?
[b][color="#800080"]5 iron would be 178 yds. swing speed 88-90[/color][/b]
11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
[b][color="#800080"]30 inch[/color][/b]
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
[b][color="#800080"]34 inch[/color][/b]
13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.
[b][color="#800080"]medium[/color][/b]
14. How tall are you?
[b][color="#800080"]5 foot 9[/color][/b]
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker?
[b][color="#800080"]deep/ medium divot taker[/color][/b]
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?
[color="#800080"][b]maybe luke donald[/b][/color]
17. What is your handicap index? From?
[color="#800080"][b]6 from metropolitan pga[/b][/color]
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing?
[color="#800080"][b]medium tempo. shaft load factor is good.[/b][/color]

any help would be great

Answer: Definitely try a higher kick point stiffer tip lower spin shaft

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [color="#ff0000"]6 times a month[/color]
During the season? [color="#ff0000"]30 times
[/color]How often you practice in a month? [color="#ff0000"]6 or 7 times[/color]
[color="#ff0000"]7[/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )
[color="#ff0000"]Titeist 983 E Drive, standard length, Fujikura E370 Extra Stiff Driver
[/color]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?
[color="#ff0000"]Quick tempo, heavy load.
[/color]3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?
[color="#ff0000"]Handicap - 5.2 Consistency - 8 Striking Ability - I draw the ball.
[/color]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?
[color="#ff0000"]I need to upgrade my technology. Spin rate on my current driver is too high (3000 rpms plus). Recenly purchased last years Taylormade Superfast TP driver at Golfsmith. Brought my spin rate down to below 2000 rpms. Need to upgrade the shaft. The driver came with the Matrix HD6.
[/color]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before?
[color="#ff0000"][color="#ff0000"]Yes.
[/color][color="#ff0000"][b]These numbers are from the club i am almost settled on buying.

983E Fuji E370
swing speed: 120-125
launch angle: 13-14
ball speed: 172-176
spin rate: 3000-5500 rpm
swing path: in to out/straight
attack angle: NA
side spin: 100 to 300
[/b]
[b]Taylormade Superfast TP Matrix HD6
swing speed: 120-125
launch angle: 13-14
ball speed: 172-176
spin rate: 1700-2200
swing path: in to out/straight
attack angle: NA
side spin: 100 to 250[/b]
[/color]
[/color]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?
[color="#ff0000"]More distance.
[/color]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?
[color="#ff0000"]My driver is the strongest part of my game. If I do miss it I usually hit a hard hook.
[/color]8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?
[color="#ff0000"]Mid to High Launch 5 yard draw. I've never been accused of being a low ball hitter.
[/color]9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?
[color="#ff0000"]I live in the Midwest, so I experience many different conditions. In the summer it is usually hard and fast.
[/color]10. Body build and postures? height? etc.
[color="#ff0000"]6 foot 4 inches, slim, athletic build.
[/color]11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.
[color="#ff0000"]Medium.
[/color]12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?
[color="#ff0000"]Adam Scott.
[/color]13. etc.
Looking for a good shaft option for the TM Superfast Driver. Feel like the Matrix HD6 is a little light and flexy. Any recommendations? I've played an out of date driver for so long that I am looking to keep up with the times. Want to build something for distance. Also not opposed to a different head if you have recommendations. I bought the TM TP used at Golfsmith for $120. Still have a few days to return it for full refund. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Answer: Try a XX same specs as your current shaft and set it up shorter for control.

Hi Joe

Thanks a million for your help

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]How often you play in a month?
[color="#FF0000"]3-4 times
[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]3-4 times also
[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]6 above average consistency
[/color]

[color="#FF0000"]titleist 910d2 set at D1 ( 8.75 loft standard lie 58.5* ) with a graphite design tour AD DI-7 Stiff flex ( love the feel of this shaft) at 45.00"
[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]tempo is quick and i am a medium to heavy loader
[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]6 handicap with decent consistency. Iron striking is the best part of my game. i get good compression and tend to strike down on the ball more than i would like
[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]Launch is too High and Spin is to High. ( too bad because I love the feel of the shaft )[/color]

[color="#FF0000"]Yes. not sure what launch monitor..was at Golftown
Swing Speed: 107-112
Launch Angle: 12.5 ( though my flight at the range is quite high )
Ball Speed: 155-160
Spin Rate: 3300-3600
Swing Path: inside to straight (sorry no numbers)
Attack Angle: sorry no numbers... i believe i am a little steep... i am trying to hit up on it more
Side spin: 350 ( i believe...but the session was a while ago )
Deviation: 6.2 yards
[/color]distance 265-270 yard carry about 285-290 total

[color="#FF0000"]Lower spin and and a bit lower launch ( like you haven't herd that before..lol )
[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]i miss higher and a bit on the toe.. my misses usually are small pushes with a cut
[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]Straight or a mild draw[/color]

[color="#FF0000"]from Canada Alberta. conditions are softer with wind at the begining of the season.. followed by firmer conditions.
[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]6 foot 1 inch 185lbs..not very flexible and on the thinner side 27year old[/color]

[color="#FF0000"]large cadet. I have fitted ping i15 irons 2 degrees upright with yellow grips[/color]

[color="#FF0000"]maybe K.J Chow with a bit higher arms and a slightly cupped wrist in the backswing
[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]i do have a bit of a descending blow with my irons..i do not tee the ball up very high.... Do you think a 910D3 8.5* head woud help ?
[/color]
[/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Thanks in advance Joe

Answer: High kick shaft low spin stiffer tip.
[/size][/color]

Hi, joe

General questionnaire:
[color="#FF0000"]3-4 times a month[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]4 times a month[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]7[/color]

Iron fitting Questionnaire:

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle?
[color="#FF0000"]Not sure exactly what dynamic fitting is, but I used a lie board and it usually says 2 degrees up.[/color]
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please!
[color="#FF0000"]kbs tour stiff. standard length and 1 degrees up. standard grip size[/color]
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?
[color="#FF0000"]Went to club champion in willow brook IL. They have a trackman. I hit the titleist ap2 710, callaway diablo and mizuno jpx pro.[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]These were all taken before season and barely swung a club. I believe I am 2-3 mphs faster.
average with:
ap2 6 iron
club speed: 93
ball speed: 118
spin: 5052
carry: 170
total: 183

Diablo 6 iron
club speed: 94
ball speed: 119
spin: 5269
carry: 169
total: 182

JPX pro 6 iron
club speed: 92
ball speed: 120
spin: 4288
carry: 178
land: 193

[/color] 4. How do you hit them so far?
[color="#FF0000"]did not buy any of them. still hitting my r9tp irons. inconsistent and misses left. [/color]
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?
[color="#FF0000"]trying to find a forgiving iron that isn't a shovel. I am thinking about the i15's Have twin 17month olds and work 50 hours a week. Not a lot of time for practice. I just want to make sure I get the right shaft. Not sure If I should be playing an extra stiff for accuracy. Not to concerned with distance. I didn't ask the fitter to hit the I15's and I am kicking my self. I hit a demo on the range and like them. I think they are more forgiving that the irons the fitter suggested. I am worried about getting the right shaft and not ballooning them[/color]. [color="#FF0000"]I just want to hit them straight and have fun since I don't go out as much. [/color]
6. What do you like to see on your ball flight?
[color="#FF0000"]Nice straight mid ball flight.[/color]
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?
[color="#FF0000"]slight draw mid/high [/color]
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where?
[color="#FF0000"]Mistakes are usually on the left side. Dont miss sweet spot very much, if I do it is usually closed to the shaft.[/color]
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?
[color="#FF0000"]High ball hitter. worry about too high. Have a steep angle of attach[/color]
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )?
[color="#FF0000"]200 yards. land around 190 or 195.[/color]
11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
[color="#FF0000"]36.25"
[/color] 12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
[color="#FF0000"]39.75" [/color]
13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.
[color="#FF0000"]cadet medium or cadet medium large[/color]
14. How tall are you?
[color="#FF0000"]6'1"[/color] [color="#FF0000"]265 with big shoulders and a large athletic frame.[/color]
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker?
[color="#FF0000"]deep/medium divot[/color]
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?
[color="#FF0000"]I really don't know. Steep angle of attach, Nice size divot with a high ball flight. Pretty upright stance.[/color]
17. What is your handicap index? From?
[color="#FF0000"]don't have a handicap. I usually shoot anywhere from 80-95. last two scores were 85 and 90.[/color]
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing?
[color="#FF0000"][color="#000000"][b]I guess I would say medium. I think that the kbs stiff loads well.

Answer: DGX100 Straight in or at least softstep once.[/b][/color]
[/color]

Thanks in advance!

8 times in prime season

10 times a month

8 - somewhat consistant

cobra s9-1 pro s 10.5* 44.75" BB 63s stiff

quick tempo, steep swing

10 handicap, good ball striker

goes left! looking for more distance as well

Callaway Fitting Monitor
Swing Speed: 105.30
Ball Speed: 149.20
Back Spin: 2055
Launch Angle: 13.80
Swing Path: 0.34 L
Angle of Attack: 1.80 U
Smash Factor/Efficiency: 1.42 (95%)

more distance, consistent flight

straight left

slight fade

vancouver canada, moist conditions usually

5'10 160lbs, steep posture

med cadet

Rory Mcilroy

13. Extra
Really just looking for advice on what weight/flex shaft I should be using and if my current driver loft is correct. Thanks

Answer: Try a heavier shaft set up or/and shorter set up. higher kick point and stiffer tip.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 2[b] times[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]1-4[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]8.5[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) FT3 8.5 Tour neutral Speeder Tour Spec 72g (?) X 45"

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b]Pretty smooth, mid-high load[/b]

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?[b]4 hdcp Good ball striker[/b] (former Golf Pro and a +1.5)

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[b] Head cracked at the crown, older tech. [/b]

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before?[b] Yes[/b]

110-115 mph
12.8-13.6 launch
1.48-1.50 smash
158-162 ball speed (down from 116-120 and 170-174 ball speed, have had most of the last couple of years off, injuries and a new son heh)
3000-4000 spin rates
50-250 side spin
Doppler type LM
Stats come from Superfast 2.0 TP and R11 demo session. Fubuki 60/70g X shafts, range balls into a 1-2 club headwind. 2.0 launched WAY too high for me but it had the Fubuki 70g X that I liked
R11 had 4/4 weights, best ball speed and launch angle, turned to 8.5* Fubuki 60g X, but felt too light

*Update* Another session indoors with a Vector:

113-117 mph
165-174 ball speed
As low as 10.75* launch with a 8.5 D3 MFT WB 73X, typically 13-15*
Spin rates were down in the 2500-2800 range, occasional 3200
Club heads varied from a 9.5 Razr tour WB 73 x to a 8.5 FT Tour motore 75x, above 910 D3 MFT WB 73x, R9 tri Fubuki 70X

Whiteboards felt the best, but were in different heads and were both 44.5". Razr head was closed, D3 head felt the most solid to me.

I didn't hit any R11's today nothing in the cart or on the shelf was stiff/heavy enough.

*another Update vector

111-114 MPH
158-165 Ball speed
AoA +4.5 to +10.2
1800-3000 Spin rates
8.5 and 9.5 Nakashima Deep Face Heads
7.0 63g Whiteboard X (only shaft in the building at my spec)
Pro V1x (new) ball

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[b] Controlling spin, stabilizing ball flight[/b]

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[b] Miss tends to be high block (swing problem, not a club problem)[/b]

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b]Pretty straight, usually pretty high[/b]

9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[b] Med to firm fairways, Nor Cal[/b]

10. Body build and postures? height? etc? [b]6'0 185lbs medium frame, a touch too hunched at the waist at address[/b]

11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]Medium glove[/b]

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?[b] 1997 Tiger, with worse posture, but similar downswing positions

Thank you in advance for helping Joe, plan to be on a launch monitor soon at a local club fitter to get more data. R11 is really forgiving, that D3 head though is really solid.

Fej

Answer: I would try a heavier shaft set up on:

[/b]As low as 10.75* launch with a 8.5 D3 MFT WB 73X, typically 13-15*
Spin rates were down in the 2500-2800 range, occasional 3200

You might even need a special tour only real high kick and real tip stiff shaft.

Hey Joe, looking for a new shaft for my Razr Hawk Tour, 9.5 degree with stock RIP shaft in X-Flex. I currently hit this driver quite well and pretty darn far, but my consistency and accuracy are not what I believe it should/could be. In the past, I've tired Mitsubishi shafts (the Kai'li) and I loved the smooth feel of the shaft. I'm basically considering any/all shafts. I was looking at maybe the graphite designs or the UST attas or the mitsubishi line (Fubuki, Kai'li, Ahina) or I've heard good things about the new Motore Speeders. So please help me narrow down my search.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 8-10 times. I'm a 1-2 handicapper.

How often you practice in a month? 6-8 times

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [color="#FF0000"]With the irons, I'd say I'm a 9. With my driver, I'd say I'm a 7.5.
[/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) Callaway Razr Hawk TOUR 9.5* X-stiff stock Cally RIP shaft 45.25" long

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? I would say that I'm fairly smooth, but I have a fairly short swing, so I'm guessing that I load the shaft fairly heavy.

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? 1-2 handicapper. I'm pretty consistent with my irons, but struggle with the driver a bit in terms of consistency and accuracy. I play a high draw, but every so often can get it going hard left on a poor swing.

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? I think the stock RIP shaft lacks a bit of feel and I believe my dispersion could be improved. Perhaps the shaft is a bit too light weight? Having said that though, I do hit the club quite well when I put a good swing on it. I'm hitting some of the longest drives I've hit with this club.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]

LM data:

Swing speed 110-114 mph
Launch Angle 13*-14
Ball Speed 160-164 mph
Backspin 2600-3100 rpm
Sidespin Not sure.
Swing Path: Not exactly sure.....I think the guy said my attack angle was like 0.4 degrees.

[/b] 6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? I would like to be more consistent and accurate. Obviously, I would prefer not to lose any distance either if possible.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? My bad swings produce hooks. I would say my miss is probably in the heel I suppose.

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Slight draw.

9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Slow and fairly wet fairways.

10. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6'1 male, 184 lbs, 31 years old.

11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. Medium-Large.

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? I would say my swing looks sort of like Justin Rose but a bit shorter than parallel on the backswing (not as good obviously).

Answer: Definitely a high kick shaft tiop stiff design and might even want to try a heavier shaft set up with slightly shorter length set up.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Hi Joe,

I'm based in the UK and this is my 1st post on golfwrx.

I'm looking for a new shaft to go into my Adams Speedline Fast 10 10.5* head. I like the feel of smooth shaft. Don't get on well with low torque shafts.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 8
How often you practice in a month? Once a week
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-[size="3"][color="#ff0000"]10[/color][/size] ( [size="3"][color="#ff0000"]10[/color][/size] being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 7-8. I can tell by my swing if I have hit a good/bad shot

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) Nickent 4DX Evolver 10.5, with SST Pured Accra XC65 m4 at D2 45". Very smooth but would like to feel the head a bit more during the swing.

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Smooth tempo not a heavy loader.

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-[size="3"][color="#ff0000"]10[/color][/size] how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? 9 handicap, 8 out of 10 . Usally hit a silly one every 4 or 5 drives.

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Lack of feel, I like the profile of the Accra XC65, but total club weight feels light. Lead tape has been added to bring the swing weight up.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"][color="#0000ff"]flightscope[/color][/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b] Been on a Trackman launch monitior for the Nickent driver. Swing speed is around 100-105mph, launch angle is about 13 degrees, ball speed 146mph?. Can get the face angle a bit closed and that causes a low launch angle. Speed rate is in the mid range, can't remember the extact figure.

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? More consistant drives to give me more confidence with my driver.

Can hook the ball of the tee. This is my big mistake during a round and spoils 5-6 holes of good scoring.

Like a mid ball flight from the driver.

Course is very soft during the winter months and is bone hard during the summer. My home course is all ways windy. Play in the South East area of the UK.

[size="3"][color="#ff0000"]10[/color][/size]. Body build and postures? height? etc.

6 foot, 200lbs with good posture over the ball.

11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. Glove is mens large

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Like to look at the smooth tour plays who swing the golf club. Like to watch Hunter Mahan, Justin Rose, Luke Donald, Ernie Els.

Would like to know what shaft I could install into the Adams Fast 10 head. Could I pull the Accra from it's Nickent adaptor?? Have always got on well with Graphite Design shafts. Have a Taylor Made V Steel 4 wood with a Graphite Design YS-7+ X flex shaft. Love the feel of this combo and can keep up with my playing partners when the driver is going side ways.

Thanks

gtizz22

Answer: I need amore detail info from the driver that you are trying to fix or shafted.

Hey Joe,

Looking for a shaft for my 910D3...

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Driver fitting questionnaire:

1. What is the club existing set up? [b]FT9 Tour 9*, Speeder 757s, 45"[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you? [b]quick tempo swinger, Heavy loader[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?[b] HDCP is 3, and I would say 8 for consistency[/b]. where is your striking ability?[/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"][b]I hit my long clubs well [/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b]Bad swings generally result in BIG balooning slices or quick hooks[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [color="#0000FF"]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color="#0000FF"] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color] [b]I'm not sure what LM it was. Ball speed was 175, LA- 12, Spin- 2600 . This was with a driver I was trying out... 910D3 Titleist ahina 72x[/b][/size][/color][size="2"]
[color="#1c2837"]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]Flatter Trajectory[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b]Misses tend to be towards to the toe with my irons, and a little bit with my driver too[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"]8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b]Mid Flight with a flattening trajectory, pretty boring flight, with a bit of roll. [/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"]9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]From Vermont and play in mostly wetter conditions[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"]10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [b]6'1" 190, athletic[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"]11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]medium large cadet[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"]12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [b]Probably pretty close to Sean O' Hair or maybe the plane of Tim Clark with more of a Rickie Fowler tempo. [/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"]13. etc. The more the better it become.

Answer: FRom LM data, I don't see anything wrong other than just maybe a slight stiffer set up than the stock set up. Get the real AHINA.
[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...

My pro reckons I would suit a 910 D3 9.5 head and the loft increased to 10.25 and draw bias. Tried it with the stock PX Tour Issue X-7C3 and although it increased the length of my drives still feels like its too much shaft for me
[b]
[/b]
General questionnaire:How often you play in a month?[color="#FF0000"]12 times a month minimum[/color]
How often you practice in a month?12 times a month minimum
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.[color="#FF0000"]7[/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )[color="#FF0000"]TM Superfast TP 9.5, UST Proforce V2 65g, Stiff, D4, 44.5"[/color]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?[color="#FF0000"]Smooth swinger and light loader[/color]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?[color="#FF0000"]8 Hcp, 7, solid ball striker[/color]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[color="#FF0000"]I feel that I have to be swinging 100% to really get the best results plus would like the ball to reach the peak of its flight earlier[/color]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? Yes but unsure of model sorry ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? Swing speed [color="#FF0000"]96mph[/color] Launch angle [color="#FF0000"]11degrees[/color] Ball speed [color="#FF0000"]138mph[/color] Spin rate [color="#FF0000"]2700rpm[/color] Swing path [color="#FF0000"]out to in[/color] Attack angle [color="#FF0000"]cant remember[/color] side spins [color="#FF0000"]cant remember[/color]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[color="#FF0000"]Higher initial launch, lower spin and to get a shaft that is better for my swing speed that it is a the lower end of the stiff[/color]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[color="#FF0000"]Tend to hit a high slice when I come out early from the shot or I drop down into my left side. Tend to miss most out of the heel[/color]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?[color="#FF0000"]Penetrating left to right ball flight[/color]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[color="#FF0000"]Dry and wind beaten parklands and links course, Highlands of Scotland[/color]10. Body build and postures? height? etc[size="3"][color="#FF0000"]6ft Slender build[/color][/size][size="3"]11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove[/size][size="3"][color="#FF0000"]Mens Small[/color][/size][size="3"]12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?[/size][size="3"][color="#FF0000"]Similar to Ian Poulter

Answer, Try a 10.5* with Mid kick low spin shaft R flex tip 1/2".
[/color][/size]

Ping G430 LST 10.5°(playing 9°) Tour 65x

Ping G430 Max 15°(playing 14°) UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 7F5T

Ping G425 Max 20.5°(playing 19°) UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 9F5T

Ping i230 4 iron (Power Spec) LA Golf Tour AXS Blue 105x

Ping i230 5&6 iron (Power Spec) PX LS 6.5

Ping i59 7-PW (Power Spec) PX LS 6.5

Ping Glide Forged Pro 50° PX LS 6.5

Mizuno T22 54°&58° MMT Wedge 105TX

Nordberg Eirik Flowneck

Hi Joe! First of all THANK YOU for taking time to do this. Here we go:

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [color="blue"]4-6 times[/color]
How often you practice in a month? [color="blue"]2 hours on the range[/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [color="blue"]6[/color]

Iron fitting Questionnaire:

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? [color="blue"]Yes, I fit Mizuno standard specs[/color]
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! [color="blue"]Mizuno MP-53 DGS300's hard-stepped once, GP NDMC's[/color]
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine? [color="blue"]98-104 SS Driver, 84-88 SS 6 Iron[/color]
4. How do you hit them so far? [color="blue"]Short, weak and slightly right!![/color]
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? [color="blue"]Most of the time I hit them pretty straight, but very short I think. Shaft feels VERY stiff and hard to load.[/color]
6. What do you like to see on your ball flight? [color="blue"]Same, just longer.[/color]
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? [color="blue"]Straight[/color]
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? [color="blue"]My old miss (with VS Proto 75S Graphite) was the pull, Now (with DGS300) weak and right.[/color]
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? [color="blue"]Definitely High[/color]
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? [color="blue"]170yds[/color]
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [color="blue"]Medium Cadet[/color]
14. How tall are you? [color="blue"]5'6"[/color]
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? [color="blue"]shallow[/color]
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? [color="blue"]McIlroy or Adam Scott[/color]
17. What is your handicap index? From? [color="blue"]10[/color]
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing? [color="blue"]Medium tempo, I loaded the graphite too much, but the DGS300's not at all.[/color]

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

ANSWER: Need LM data

TSR2 9* - 1K White 70
TSR2 15* - AD DI 7
Apex UW 19* - Diamana D+ 80
T150 4-PW - PX
SM8/SM9s - Modus 120
Scotty 5.5

Thanks in advance for your help.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [color="#ff0000"]3x
[/color]How often you practice in a month? [color="#ff0000"]2x
[/color]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.
[color="#ff0000"]6 - always tinkering

[/color]Driver fitting questionnaire:

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [color="#ff0000"]TM Burner 10.5* REAX50 Stiff (stock shaft)
[/color]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?
[color="#ff0000"]Reasonably smooth, probably a light loader
[/color]3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [color="#ff0000"]No official hdcp, usual score is 85-90. Swing consistency is 6. Striking ability: near sweetspot 60-70%
[/color]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [color="#ff0000"]Possibly too low launch, distance?
[/color]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"][color="#353535"]flightscope[/color][/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)
[color="#ff0000"]PING launch monitor, using my current club.
Sw speed: 95-100
Ball speed: 140-145
Smash: 1.47 (very consistent)
Launch angle: 8-9*
Spin: 2100-2400
Swing path: ?
AoA: ?
Side spin: No #'s, but mostly slight fade, good dispersion.
[/color]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [color="#ff0000"]Greater distance
[/color]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [color="#ff0000"]Bad shots are over the top - slice or pull. Miss on clubface is on the toe
[/color]8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [color="#ff0000"]Straight - slight fade
[/color]9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [color="#ff0000"]Firm, some wind. Courses are mixed between open and tight - no elevation changes. Eastern Shore of Maryland[/color]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [color="#ff0000"]Reasonably athletic. 6'0", 180.[/color]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [color="#ff0000"]XL
[/color]12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [color="#ff0000"]John Cook
[/color]13. etc. The more the better it become.
[color="#ff0000"]I would say my on-course ball flight is a medium trajectory, which is contradictory to the launch monitor, but I rarely launch one too high. I have tried a G15 (10.5* & 12*) w/both Stiff (TFC) and Reg (Serrano) shafts, and liked the feel of the Reg shaft (better sense of flex, load). 12* + Reg shaft brought my launch angle up to 11-12*, spin 2500-2800, but didn't get me any distance (according to the LM).[/color]
[color="#ff0000"]Also tried an Aldila RIP Alpha (I think) R flex w/Adams 9064 - felt too whippy. Looking at ProLaunch Axis Platinum 60, GD Tour AD YSQ 65 both in R flex. Thoughts on those shafts?

Answer: Try a 12* driver.
[/color]

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 4 rounds
How often you practice in a month? 2-4 hours
Irons-7, Driver-4

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )13 deg, Stock Callaway Habenero, regular, D4, 45.5"
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? 1.4 sec tempo, smooth transition with late loading
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? Have a tendency to be OTT
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Ball balloons and too much back spin.
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? Three years ago with Bridgestone, 97 ss, I have a level swing not positive attack angle( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST!
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Increase roll
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Hook when I get quick or push right. Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? On occaison towards the toe.
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Slight draw
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Coures vary Where are you from? Chicago
10. Body build and postures? height? etc.62 yo, 6', 188 # in excellant shape however need more stamina. Have a s posture and an old semi separated left shoulder (I'm righty)
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. Large, 8" with 3.4" middle finger.
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Luke Donald
I'm a 15-20 hcp depending on how much I play. Start the game seriously 11 years ago (51). Ex wrestler trying probably too hard to become a golfer (engineer also over analyzing)

Answer: I need LM data with the club you are trying to fix or reshaft.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joe. I want to say thank you for your help and diligence in advising everyone on this thread, it is very much appreciated.

General questionnaire:

[b]4 - 5 times during the summer[/b]

[b]20 times per month during the summer almost exclusively on my full swing[/b]

[b] 8[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc )

[b]TM R9 TP 9.5* X63-Fubuki shaft 45.25" long, 14g in toe, 6g middle, 2g inboard, 1* closed (in between neutral and left)[/b]

[b]Quick Tempo. Very heavy loader (TT Shaft Lab comparisons showed that I load the shaft as much as most of the PGA players in their database). [/b]

[b]15 Handicap (starting to work on short game as my practice is full swing), 70 - 80% swing consistency, center to just right of center on the club face, slightly high of center on driver face. [/b]

[i][b]I do not like the dispersion pattern, it is too wide and inconsistent. I can go from a push that is 10yrds right of the target (fine with that) to a hook that is 20yrds or more left of the target. I have to have my "B+" game to hit 70+% of the fairways, but a solid "C+" game drops down to about 50% of fairways hit. My typical bad shot is a high 20yrd hook. My really bad shot, if I really try to go after it is a lower duck hook. When I am not swinging well and I open the face to try to compensate for my bad shot I get a straight push that is usually 10 - 15yrds right of my target. My R7 irons using the stock T-90's in a stiff flex are even worst as my best shots draw 5yrds with my alignment aimed 15yrds right![/b][/i]

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)

[b]Vector 1 camera system(Golfsmith), a new simulator/monitor at Golf Galaxy, TT Shaft Lab, and a Launch/Simulator monitor with sensors in the mat to pick up actual club path and club swing speed at a local golf course (don't know the name), also the Medicus power meter, and TM Speed Stik:
[/b]

Swing speed

[b]Ranges between the monitors from 108mph - 115 mph average with high's in the middle 120's, TT Shaft lab = 'x' flex in both wood and iron shafts, Power Meter = 118mph average with a high of 127mph, Speed Stik (using my normal swing) = 120 - 125mph[/b]

Launch Angle

[b]10* - 13* average between all of the monitors[/b]

Ball Speed

[b] average for the one camera Golfsmith monitor = 155 - 158mph (I have been in the mid 160's on this system a number of times), average for the new Golf Gallaxy monitor 162 - 172 mph, average for the golf course monitor with sensors in the mat = 165mph[/b]

Backspin

[b]3200 - 3400rpm[/b]

Sidespin

[b]750rpm average. Ranges from 500 - 1000rpm left[/b]

Swing Path:

[b]Inside to out (12 degrees average, 17 degrees high on monitor with sensors in the mat). Golf Galaxy monitor shows my typical draw ball flight or hook for my miss.
[/b]

[i][b]I want to have the ball stop 'falling out of the sky'. I would also like to tighten the dispersion and increase the consistency of my shot shape. I would also like to have the ability to "go after it" without missing 30yrds left when I do./b][/b][/i][b]

[i][b]Twenty yard hooks and occasional duck hooks are my worst misses. These shots also produce my poor contact out on the toe of the club, as it feels like the face snaps shut.
[/b][/i]

[b]A high trajectory, straight initial flight with a slight draw curve.[/b]

[i][b]Med-firm, narrow fairways in the suburbs of Chicago (Chicagoland area).[/b][/i]

[b]5' 7" stocky, barrel chested/bicep build, late 40's, male.[/b]

[b]XL [/b]

[i][b]Looked at more video of myself and would have to change this to say Steve Stricker, or a mix between John Daley (but I tend to be just short of parallel) and Ken Perry (more rotary turn of the torso). Very rotary with little hand rotation, very solid impact as I stay down through the shot. I'm fine with my swing, it's what comes natural so I would do it under pressure anyway.

answer: Try a heavier set up shaft and shorter length for control.
[/i][/b]

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b]2-3x[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]3-5x[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]6[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc )[b] Nickent 4DX 9 Tour Spec w/ Graffaloy ProLaunch Re[/b]d
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b]Medium Tempo and Load[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [b]4.7 index[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b]Ballooning flight, lots of backspin, no roll out on drives[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [color="#0000ff"]([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color="#0000ff"] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color] [b][color="#ff0000"]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b] [b]Numbers are averages from LM @ Golfsmith using a TM R11 (I think they're a little high, but not by much. I would've guessed I was between 105-108 with peaks at 112 if I step on it.) The Kai'li is a TM shaft, not the real Diamana. The Motore was pink-ish all the way down, so I don't think it was from TM.

Motore Speeder Stiff in R11 9°, Neutral, Lower settings
Ball Speed - 165.6, Clubhead Speed - 114, Launch Angle - 14.3, Backspin - 2.7k, Carry 298

Diamana Kai'li X-Stiff in R11 9°, Neutral, Lower settings
Ball Speed - 164.9, Clubhead Speed - 113.5, Launch Angle - 14, Backspin - 2.7k, Carry 298[/b]

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]I'd like some roll-out and no ballooning.[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b]My misses are right, but that comes from getting tired and not getting thru the ball.[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b]Ball flight is varied depending on what I want to do with it. Normal shot is slight push draw[/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]I live in AZ, it's fkn hot. 114° yesterday. I play desert courses mostly. I want to become more accurate with my driver so my 2nd shots aren't out of the desert. Desert courses have no rough...[/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [b]6'2", 195lbs, posture over the ball is good[/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]FJ, Staysoft Men's Large[/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [b]It's been so long since I've seen my swing on Video...if I had to pick one person...I'd say Adam Scott. [/b]

Any shaft recommendations would be great! I don't have access to tons of aftermarket shafts to test, or at least don't know of places that have them available in the Phoenix area already in heads to test. I'd try all the Titleist or TM shafts in the D2 or R11, but they're the OEM shaft which isn't the aftermarket shaft I'd be purchasing. I'm looking to get either an R11 or Nike VR Pro (Not Str8-Fit) but I'm leaning towards the Nike.

Thanks!
Brian
Answer: You need a high kick lower spin shaft X flex

Callaway X2 Hot Pro 8.5° w/ Oban Devotion 6 X-Flex
Callaway 816 Alpha 14° w/ Accra AC75 M5 X-Flex
Adams Pro 20° 3h w/ Aldila Tour Red ATX75h X-Flex
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW w/ X-100
Titleist Vokey 50.08 SM5 F-Grind
Titleist Vokey 54.08 SM
Titleist Vokey 58.12 SM
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 4-6 times
How often you practice in a month? 8 times
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? 4-5

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc .. ping g-15 10.5 degree. Stiff serrano. 45 inch

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? quick tempo heavy loader

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? 18 handicap, 5 on consistency

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? ball flight is high, hook problem or weak fades. Heck I spin it so much and hit it so high when I do hit the fairway my ball evens backs up with driver!

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)

Driver ss 105. High spinner (over 4000 nearly everyone) high launch angle 16-18.. all that I can remember.. done at golf galaxy

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Less heavy draw hook. Lower ball flight more roll

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? hook

Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? miss is towards the heel and high on face

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? slight draw

9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Not sure what this means... not too tight good rolling fairways but not too firm

Where are you from? georgia

Body build and postures? height? etc. 5' 11" 190

11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. medium-large

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Long and quick but inconsistent. Love to just swing easy and relaxed and still get good distance.

I hate my G15 can't hit it straight either a duck hook or a sky balloon ball with no distance that fades... I hit my 3 wood TEE xcg3 as far and much straighter.... any suggestions... I have good length with irons and 3 wood just not with my current driver/shaft combo.

Answer: get a detail LM data from a lower lofted club that you like to buy or fix>