For you guys asking for a help in picking a shaft!

joey3108

Joe or anyone for that matter:

Need some help deciding. Im trying to CHEAPLY start into reshafting. I have a SQ Dymo 9.5 (AxivCore Black 69 S) that I would like to work on.

SS: 112, Very high ball flight
Play once/twice a week with a 7 of 10 consistency of swing and fast tempo. Looking to lower ball flight and reduce spin. (In the middle of BFE, so no launch monitor near). I know i need a high bend point, low torque, but not sure of the specifics:

Narrowed choices to the following (all ~ $50 current sales price), and need some ideas on the shafts:

ProLaunch Red 65 X
NV 75 X
ProForce V2 75 X
GD YS-7 X

HELP!!

Answer; i can't help without LM data and filling up the questionnaire properly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]
[b]Hello.[/b]
[b]
[/b]I am currently carrying a V Steel 3 wood with dynalite gold shaft. Was thinking about either putting a Blueboard stiff in the 70g range or just getting a R9 3W with Fubuki instead. Please advise which option would be better or me, or any other combination for that matter. Thanks![/b]

[color="#1c2837"]General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b]4 times[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]15-20 times[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]6[/b]

[s]Driver[/s] (fairway wood) fitting questionnaire:

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [b]15* dynalite gold stiff stock everything[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b]smooth tempo, light loader[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [b]14 hdcp, pretty good short and mid iron player, long irons are ok, have most troubles with 3w[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b]the club is a little bit difficult to hit, i hit it both thin and fat, the trajectory is too low with a lot of roll[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? [b]no [/b]What brand of LM [color="#0000ff"](flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color="#0000ff"] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color] [b][color="#ff0000"]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]forgiveness and higher flight[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b]tend to hit it thin and hook[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b]straight or baby draw[/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]CA, very wet course all year long[/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [b]5"11 athletic[/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]medium[/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? [b]No one [/b]at least who do you like it to be? [b]AK[/b]
13. etc. The more the better it become. [b]hip tends to thrust toward the ball and erect my spine on the down swing, tend to release too early on the downswing, 7 iron distance is about 165, driver 270, very high ball flight with all irons[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"]14. I carry a R7 425 driver with blueboard s63 on it. Very pleased with the club. Could not replace it for 5 years. [/color]
[color="#1c2837"]15. I've had a couple 3 woods in the past, but the only thing I could hit well was an Adams Ovation fairway.
[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]
[/color]
Answer : I can't help without LM data and filling up the questionnaire properly.
[color="#1c2837"]
[/color]

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for new shafts for my Ping G5 irons 5-pw.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b]4-6[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]none[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b] probably 6-7[/b]

Iron fitting Questionnaire:

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? [b]Yes, 1.5 degrees up[/b]
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! [b]Ping G5 5-pw, blue dot, D0 SW, Regular flex CS Lite shafts[/b]
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine? [b] No[/b]
4. How do you hit them so far? [b] Pretty good, straight![/b]
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? [b] Ball flight is a lot higher than I would like. At least I think it is.[/b]
6. What do you like to see on your ball flight? [b] Straight with a nice trajectory.[/b]
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? [b] Mostly straight, sometimes with a slight draw[/b]
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? [b] My miss is generally a pull(left). If I do miss the sweet spot it is out towards the toe.[/b]
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? [b] I am currently a high ball hitter[/b]
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? [b]On a good day my 5 irons goes about 175-180[/b]
11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players[b]Don't know.[/b]
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players[b]About 36"[/b]
13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.[b]Mens cadet/medium[/b]
14. How tall are you?[b]5'10"[/b]
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker?[b] Generally shallow[/b]
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? [b]Not sure, but have a smooth swing[/b]
17. What is your handicap index? From? [b]11.1 gam.org[/b]
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing?[b]Smooth swing style. Not sure on load factor.[/b]

Thanks,

Scott

Answer: Get S flex and get a complete LM data on your 6 or 7 iron.

[size="3"]G[/size][size="3"]eneral questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [/size][size="3"]
How often you practice in a month? [/size][size="3"]4-5 times[/size][size="3"]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [/size][size="3"]8[/size]

[size="3"]Driver fitting questionnaire:
1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc )[/size] [size="3"]Titleist 907 D2 8.5*, Proforce V2 Stiff flex 76g, weight/length: standard, standard grip[/size]

[size="3"]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [/size][size="3"]Quick but smooth and Medium load factor

[/size] [size="3"]3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?
[/size][size="3"]10 HDCP, 8 Swing Consistency, 7 Striking Ability.[/size]

[size="3"]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?
[/size][size="3"]Excellent distance, spotty accuracy. Draw ballflight[/size]

[size="3"]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [/size][size="3"]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/size] [size="3"]SS= 108-111 MPH
LA= 13.8* - 14.0*[/size] [size="3"]Ball Speed=158-165 MPH
Spin Rate = 3800 RPM
Side Spin= do not have[/size] [size="3"]Carry= 296 YDS
Distance=303 YDS[/size] [size="3"]Club tracks slightly from the inside[/size]

[size="3"]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?
[/size][size="3"]More consist accuracy, happy with distance and ballflight [/size]

[size="3"]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?
[/size][size="3"]Quick hooks, impact will shift towards toe; prone to blocking every once and a while also[/size]

[size="3"]8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?
[/size][size="3"]medium flight, draw, long[/size]

[size="3"]9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?
[/size][size="3"]Above Average conditions, Dallas[/size]

[size="3"]10. Body build and postures? height? etc.
[/size][size="3"]6'2 225 good posture, athletic build, longer arms[/size]

[size="3"]11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.
[/size][size="3"]xxl footjoy stasoft[/size]

[size="3"]12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?
[/size][size="3"]Phil Mickelson with a little less load/backswing[/size]

13. etc. The more the better it become.
[size="3"]Would a lighter [63g] X-flex shaft help my accuracy and increase my feel [The only club where i cannot 'feel' the sole of my club is the driver]?[/size]

[size="3"]Planning on buying a new driver soon, so open to all suggestions/ loft, shaft, etc. Currently looking at purchasing a Titleist 909D3 w/ 63x whiteboard. [/size] [size="3"]Bottom line is i'm spotty with my driving accuracy and the lack of consistency is holding me back from becoming a better player. Usually score 79-82 when the driver is decent.
[/size] [size="3"]Thanks in advance for your time and expertise, David

Answer: LM data is not correct IMO and IMO you might want to get a coach to make sure you attack angle is correct first.
[/size]

Great fitters in Middle Tennessee are hard to come by. I appreciate any and all help.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? I play 10 times a month on average
How often you practice in a month? I practice twice a week
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best ) 8

Driver fitting questionnaire:

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) FT IZ Imix with 10.5 tour head and Tour 63 Fubuki in R flex
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Smooth swinger with light loading.
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? handicap is 12. I am pretty consistent but just short.
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up of 1 to 10. Ball is coming off a bit high but always straight.
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b] Trackman: 85 MPH swing speed, 14 degree launch, 3400 spin.
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? A bit flatter trajectory to maximize my slower swingspeed.
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? My miss is on the heel and my bad shots are snap hooks
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Mid to High trajectory that is slight left to right
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Municipal Courses in Middle Tennessee
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. 5 foot 10 and about 325 pounds
11. What is your glove size? cadet ML
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Stadler either young or old

Answer: check your attack angle with your local pro, you'll be amaze if you can achieve a shallower attack angle on how low your spin can be and a much better ball flight.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b]3 to 4 times a month
How often you practice in a month? 2 to 3 range sessions a month
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? 7 or 8

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )[b]TM R9 10.5 Stock Stiff Fuji Motore 65 Standard length, 16 in the back, one on sides[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? [b] Heavy or light loader? smooth tempo, heavy load[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [b]I am a 5 handicap, 8-9 striking ability[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b]I am very accurate with this setup and I love it, but when I try and hit a cut instead of a draw the ball seems to go a tad high and has more spin then I like.[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? [b]LM numbers from Golf Galaxy when I bought the club. Swing Speed 105 to 110, Launch 12 to 13, Spin 3300 to 3800, carry 250 to 265.[/b]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]I want to reduce the distance lost when I work the ball both ways. i know cuts will not go as far as a draw, but 285 draw and 235 cut seems a bit drastic. Is there a shaft that will reduce spin and keep the launch consistent? [/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b]I hit the club in the center of the face, but my miss is bringing the club from outside the plane, it is minimal and the ball is only 10 yards right of target, but it looses 35 to 40 yards. Seems really spinny when it happens.[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b]When playing well I work it both ways, but I hit a straight ball to 5 yard cut off the tee in most situations.[/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]I live is seattle - it is wet 95% of the time, no roll. I can fly a ball 270 on my best day, normally I fly the ball 255.[/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. I[b] am 5'10", I weight 275, I am skinny for my weight, just a big guy[/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]I have very small hands - Cadet Large[/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [b]No clue, Kevin Stadler?? Smooth Tempo, I never get back to parallel, I am not flexible. I have smooth Tempo, but i come through the ball very fast.

Answer: You might want to try a subflex (S/X) and also fix your attack angle. This is the part that make you loose a lot of distance. Low spin shaft might help a bit but not to a point that is ideal or exceptable
[/b]

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b]Once a week
[/b]How often you practice in a month? [b]Once a week[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? [b]8
[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? [b]Tour Edge 9 deg. X flex 73 gram X-Quad shaft 45"[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b]Smooth Swing with a Heavy Core Load[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?[b] 10 handicap, consistant swing and a good striker[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[b] A high hook or ballooning the ball[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? [b]never used a launch monitor but I do know my ss 116 - 118 mph[/b]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]with my irons, Im hitting a slight draw the shaft im using is an DG X100, I would like to get the same effect from my driver.[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b]My miss hits are on the toe when I do hit off center. [/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b]10 yard draw to a hook[/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]Country Club Conditions, North Carolina[/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? [b]5'11" 185lbs Medium build[/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]ML Regular[/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?[b] Pre 09' Tiger Woods[/b]

Answer: Complete LM data please!

Hi Joe,

(as requested) I wonder if you could direct me to an appropriate shaft

I have recently purchased a GS Tour 15* Sonartec head as a replacement for a SS-2.5 13* I bought for use off the Tee as I was having no luck finding a driver that worked for me. Now I have (Royal Collection Star fd 11.5*) I need to change my 3W to make it easier getting off the fairway.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b]– 6 to 7 times[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]Currently 2x or more a week[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]- 5 mostly rising to 7 on a good patch[/b]

3W fitting questionnaire:

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) [b]– it's 13* / Fujikura 26.3 (Tour Platform series) made for Sonartec / length from top of grip to joining head (where the hozel cover meats the head) 41" / I'm unsure of the swing weight / model Sonartec SS-2.5[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?

[b]Club speed average 90.6 (highest 99.7 --> 93.3)
Ball speed 129.3
Spin rate (was high though it should be better now) 4209
Smash factor 1.43[/b]

[b]Taken on a TrackMan and to be honest on the day these were taken I was not on a purple patch but then again consistency is not my forte. If I let the club do the work and slow down I don't force the swing and it's silky smooth thus I get the better distance and dispersion. If, as is not uncommon I speed up then I get a snatched swing with my right shoulder being thrown over the top (left low hook – ugly so ugly)[/b]

Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?[b] – not sure what you mean – if you mean do I full turn and crash down on the ball no I turn well but tend to sweep the ball away[/b]
3. What is your handicap [b]– 16.6[/b]
and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? – [b]5 mostly rising to 7 on a good patch[/b]
where is your striking ability? – [b]I'm unsure what you mean[/b]
4. What is the problem w/ the existing set up? - [b]I have little problem getting the ball into the air normally but at 13* I struggle off the fairway (but boy did it go far when off a Tee)[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path, Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b]

[b]These are my average readings 18 months ago using a TM Burner 14.5* on a Matrix Ozik X-Con 7 Stiff Taken on a TrackMan [/b]

[b]CLUB - club speed 90.6 / attack angle -2.4 / club path -6.0 (improved greatly) / Vert swing plane 47.8 / Horiz swing plane -8.4 (again much better now) [/b]

[b]LAUNCH – Ball speed 129.3 / Smash factor 1.43 / Vert swing plane 11.0 / Horiz swing plane -7.5 (again much better now) / Spin 4209 (I'm sure that improved with the Sonartec)[/b]

[b]LANDING – Height 24.1 / Carry 180.1 (though more than half were 200+ readings) / side -27.7 Flight time 5.44 / Landing Angle 35.9 [/b]

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]Keep the distance to 200 – 210 yards but get it air bourn off the fairway[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? – [b]They go 65% low left hook 35% high right (slicing) [/b]
Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? – [b]can be off the toe or near the hozel on occasion but that is usually when I'm speeding up and snatching at my swing[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? - [b]I tend to hit a high profile and pretty straight though I'm getting the occasional draw now[/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? – [b]the course is a parkland one (Sand Moor GC) and moorland mixture which dries well but seems not to dry out. Well kept private club not long but accuracy is needed big time [/b]
Where are you from? [b]Leeds in the UK[/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. – [b]I weigh 226, I'm 6' 2", pretty upright though like most tall people I do have a tendency to hunch up, I'm not very muscular but am well built (OK running to a little plump but I'm working on that – best weight I'll get to is 220lb)[/b]
11. What is your glove size? [b]Large to XL I have big hands [/b]- need size estimate even if you don't use glove.
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [b]Without a shadow of a doubt Ernie Ells with a good dollup of Tom Watson[/b]

Any suggestions you can give will be appreciated - thanks for your time

Answer: LM data is not complete. And It looks like your attack angle causing you to spin the ball to much.

Hello - i'm new here and would be very interested in the result of this questionnaire.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b]5 - 6 rounds[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]twice a week[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.[b] pretty consistent - probably 8-9[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [b]Titleist 909 D2, 9.5 degree, Matrix Ozic Code 6, don't know flex but I think S or X, don't know swingweight, standard length, plus 1/16 grip size[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b]Fast tempo - think Nick Price but a little slower in a larger body. Heavy loading[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [b]Index is 3.6. Swing is consistent, but any given day might be a little different. I can hook or fade on purpose ball striking wise, but I still have mis hits on occasion[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b]I want more accuracy[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b] [b]Yes - but I don't have the data. I've had clubs made by a fitter who uses Flightscope. I don't remember details from my iron or driver fittings, but I recently had a 4 wood made. What I can remember was the swingspeed was around 106 -107, the smash factor around 1.6, 1.7. The ball spin was good (no idea what, but the fitter liked it). My launch angle is low compared to what the fitter wanted.[/b]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]I would take less distance for more garanteed straight. I don't need distance, but it seems every fitting program is trying to maximize distance. If someone gave me a 2x4 with aclubhead at the end of it that went straight 250 every time, I'd take in a heartbeat.[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b]My issue is with swingplane. I compensate with hands. When my timing is good, my usual shape is a draw. If my timing is bad, I mostly hook the ball, with an occasional straight push to the right.[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b]I draw the ball. I can weaken my grip and fade on purpose if I'm playing well. In either case I like a low ball flight - I play a 9.5 degree, and hit the ball lower than most fitters want, but I llike the result.[/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]I'm from the northeast. My home course is a Donald Ross course that's pretty short. 6,670 yards, 73.7 rating, 139 slope. I only hit driver twice on the front 9. Tee shot in play means everything. Second shots are usually short irons. greens are very sloped and lighting fast. I also play in Ponte Vedra FL, including TPC Sawgrass.[/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [b]6'1", and much fatter than I used to be at 215 lbs :). Athletic. Slighly rounded upper back. Vary flexible arms, legs back. Hips are not flexible.[/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]Left hand cadet medium large[/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [b]I'm not sure this is accurate given my size, but in lessons teachers would frequently pull up Nick Price for side by side comparisons.[/b]

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle?[b] Yes, but I'm afraid I don't know details. Lie angle is upright. It was individual for each club, but I think between 1 - 3 degrees upright.[/b]
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! [b] Adams Idea Pro black MB. KBS tour shafts. The shafts were installed by a custom clubfitter. I think they are x flex but I'm not sure.[/b]
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?[b] Yes Flightscope, but I don't remember the numbers for my irons.[/b]
4. How do you hit them so far? [b]I love 8 iron and up, although the fitter tried to eliminate hooks, and occasionally I hit it straight or fade. Straight or fade isn't a bad thing, but it looks ugly to my eye.[/b]
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? [b]I'd like less distance on short irons. My PW - 8 irons go too far and create a gap to my wedges. I'd like a lower, more penetrating ball flight.[/b]
6. What do you like to see on your ball flight? [b]low boring slight draw[/b]
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? [b]slight draw[/b]
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? [b]Mostly left in short irons. Mostly right in 5 and 6 irons.[/b]
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?[b] I hit my irons high.[/b]
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? [b]200 yards. I don't know swing speed.[/b]
11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players[b] 30 - 31" measurement was imprecise - hence the range[/b]
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players [b]34 - 35"[/b]
13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]Cadet Medium large[/b]
14. How tall are you?[b] 6'1"[/b]
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? [b]Shallow to none on 4 - 6 iron, medium up though PW, and it depend with wedges. I never take a deep divot unless I make a mistake.[/b]
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? [b]Nick Price in a big body.[/b]
17. What is your handicap index? From? [b]3.6[/b]
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing? [b]quick tempo, although this is improving. I don't know load factor on irons.

Answer: LM data please!
[/b]

Hey Joe I think the last time you posted responses you skipped mine...so if you get a chance to review the specs again that'd be great! Thanks!

[quote name='sncgolf03' timestamp='1276042763' post='2496191']
Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

How often you play in a month?[color="#9932cc"] [size="3"][b]8[/b][/size][/color]
How often you practice in a month? [b][size="3"][color="#800080"]6[/color][/size][/b] How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [size="3"][color="#800080"][b]8[/b][/color][/size]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [b][size="3"][color="#800080"]TM Superquad TP 9.5, Graffaloy Epic Tour 75x, 45"[/color][/size][/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [color="#800080"]Medium tempo, smooth, medium-heavy load[/color]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [size="3"][color="#800080"]HC 1.7, consistency 7, Striking is fairly varied...often impact more towards heal especially with irons.[/color][/size]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [size="3"][color="#800080"]I think i hit it a bit too high with too much backspin, therefore i think I am losing potential distance.[/color][/size]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM....[color="#800080"]Golf Acheiver II : Spin: 3900-4000 SS: 111 +/-3 Distance 285-305 Side spin:varies 200-300 often lauch angle:16-19 Ball speed 155-160[/color]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [size="3"][color="#800080"]bit lower flight, less spin, more roll, more distance and good accuracy...(too much to ask?)[/color][/size]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [color="#9932cc"]Fade or hook...depends i guess on the day. Mostly fade these days[/color]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [size="3"][color="#800080"]It kinda depends on the day, but mostly a bit of a fade...i would prefer a little draw...[/color][/size] 9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [size="3"][color="#800080"]Wisconsin....usually wet, but oftens varies...windy on the courses i play...[/color][/size]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [color="#800080"]6'2" 158 slim, tone, wirery, flexible[/color]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [color="#800080"]Large[/color]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [color="#9932cc"]Rory Macilroy[/color]
13. etc. The more the better it become. [color="#800080"]I think the Epic is in the 83 gram range, and for me is probly a bit heavy (but I've gotten used too it), although i like the control and i'm pretty used to it now, but I think i'm losing a lot of potential distance with [color="#9932cc"]the spin.[/color][/color][color="#9932cc"] My ball doesn't look like it spins a ton when i hit it (it doesn't start off low and rise) but there isn't much roll usually. [/color]
[/quote]

**** I just got a Callaway FT-iz Tour 8.5* with the Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7x....on the shaft it has a sticker on it that shows 45", D3 (8.3), and FF 286....is that shaft/head combo a horrible combo for me? Way too stiff?

Answer: Can you get on the LM again with your new driver? And give me a complete numbers please

How often you play in a month? [b]15-20[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]7-10[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]8[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [b]Ping G15, 9 degree, stock TFC Stiff[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b]Smooth tempo, light-medium load[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [b]HDCP 5, swing 8,fairly consistent ball striker thin some times[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b]Shaft feels soft, don't like the feedback[/b]

[b]Average of 7 balls[/b]
[b]Swing speed - 117mph
Launch angle - 12.1
Ball speed - 171mh
Spin rate - 2600
Carry - 295yds
Roll - 305yds

[/b] 6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]Tighten up my misses, don't like the feel of current shaft, feels pretty soft[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b]Swings I feel are good become very high and short fades, miss on heel 2/10 drives[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b]Straight/small fade ball flight, penetrating flight[/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]From the Prairies in Canada, no links courses, treed fairways most of the time, hills.[/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [b]5'11", Athletic,[/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]Medium[/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [b]Like Adam Scott, Luke Donald, Rory McIlroy, Rickie Fowler[/b]

Answer: your ss tells me that you are at least a standard X flex.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Joe,

I have never done a launch monitor session because I live in Vermont, but I was hoping maybe you could help.

How often you play in a month? [b]18 rounds/month[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]every day I am not playing[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? [b]I would say 7 or 8[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )[b] Callaway FT9 9.5, Fuji Speeder 757 tour spec S flex, standard length[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b]Smooth swinger with a heavier load[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [b]HDCP is 2. Consistancy a 7 or 8. Good striker with the longer clubs[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b]I am thinking that this combo sprays a bit too much with a lot of spin. I am thinking I need an x flex[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM[b] I have never had a LM session[/b]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[b] Tighter shots, less spin[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b]MIssing shots toward the toe and they end up being high blocked fades[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b]High baby draw[/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]Vermont, play in normal conditions, not too wet, not too hard or fast
[/b]10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [b]6'1", athletic, 190 lbs[/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]Mens ML cadet[/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [b]Sean O'Hair[/b]

Any suggestions would be great. I've hit a friends WB 73x and it felt pretty good. There are alot of shafts out there just seeing what you think. Thanks a bunch

-Chad

Answer: I need complete LM data please!

• 2 weeks later...

[color="#ff0000"][b]Hey Joe, looking to improve my driver setup, and I don't know if it matters but I am a junior golfer.[/b][/color]

How often you play in a month?
[color="#ff0000"][b]Around 15 rounds[/b][/color]
How often you practice in a month?
[color="#ff0000"][b]Around 20 times [/b][/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )?
[b][color="#ff0000"]About 7.5 [/color][/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )
[color="#ff0000"][b]Titleist D3, 9.5 degrees, Aldila Voodoo for Titleist, Stiff, Standard, Standard.[/b][/color]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [color="#ff0000"][b]
I would say that I have a faster swing swing tempo.[/b][/color]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability?
[color="#ff0000"][b]I play to a 12 handicap on 18 holes. I would say 6.5 I struggle with ballstriking with the driver.[/b][/color]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?
[color="#ff0000"][b]I don't have any feel for where my clubhead is in my swing and feel like at impact it is flexing to much.[/b][/color]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[color="#ff0000"] [b]
The only time would be at golf galaxy if that counts but I'm not sure what kind of launch monitor they use, but I know my club head speed ranges from 121 to 125 mph on average.[/b][/color]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[b]
[color="#ff0000"]Better feel, and less shaft flex at impact/ more solid feeling shaft.[/color][/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [color="#ff0000"][b]
My miss is right, I tend to hit my driver high but relatively straight.[/b][/color]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?
[b][color="#ff0000"]Mid to high launch with a fade, or draw if I choose so.[/color][/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?
[b][color="#ff0000"]I would say dryer conditions with little wind, I live in northern virginia. [/color][/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [color="#ff0000"][b]
I'm a pretty big guy, around 6ft tall and a football players build I guess.[/b][/color]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.
[color="#ff0000"][b]I wear and xl glove.[/b][/color]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?
[color="#ff0000"][b]I dont know whose swing mine looks like but I would like it to look like rory mcilroy's, or tiger's swing

Thanks,
Zach

Answer: Need LM data please
[/b][/color]

[indent=2]Nike Vr Tour 8.5 w/ 7.2 TS Motore Speeder[/indent]
[indent=2]Nike Vr LTD 15* w/ 103 Diaman Blueboard[/indent]
[indent=2]Nike SQ 19* w/ 103 Diamana Blueboard[/indent]
[indent=2]Miura Baby Blades 3-PW w/ TI DG X1's[/indent]
[indent=2]Fourteen RM 52* & 56* w/ TI DG S4's[/indent]
[indent=2]Nike Method 001[/indent]

• 3 weeks later...

How often you play in a month?
[color="#000080"]2-3 rounds[/color]
[color="#000080"]2-3 times per week[/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.
[color="#000080"]8[/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )
[color="#000080"]Yamaha V201 Tour (430cc), GD DI 6 s-flex, 44.75inch (excluding grip)[/color]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?
[color="#000080"]Smooth, and try to lag and load it hard[/color]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?
[color="#000080"]10 Handi with consistent swing and pretty good driver and iron game... hits solid, but putting and short game are my weakness [/color]
[color="#000080"]After working out for couple month and gained some strength, driver tend to hit draw and push (really straight push)... and can't really know where it's going if I really try to load the shaft. But if I take it back like 60-70%, it goes quite straight or a slight draw... [/color]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b]
[color="#000080"]Nope, never been on a launch monitor before and it's hard to look for one[/color]

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?
[color="#000080"]Trying to get it to land more fairway and be able to load it while knowing where it will go (stability is the key).
I like low to mid launch since my home course gets quite windy sometimes. Stable is what I'm looking for and sacrificing some distance is definitely okay. [/color]

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?
[color="#000080"]Slight draw. Miss hits tend to be slightly towards the toe, but not much. Usually quite consistent[/color]

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?
[color="#000080"]Dead straight to controlled fade (but can draw when I want it to). Launches mid-low. I often try to hit a stinger type of drive which launches a bt lower than normal. [/color]

9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?
[color="#000080"]Variety. It's dry in the summer and rains quite a bit in the winter. Fairway may get really dry and sometimes quite wet through out the year. [/color]

10. Body build and postures? height? etc.
[color="#000080"]5"10 good build with good flexibility.
I train with a trainer quite often to increase my build and flexibility[/color]

[color="#000080"]Medium Cadet, uses standard GP MCC grips[/color]

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?
[color="#000080"]Hm... Tiger? I'm not sure if our swings look alike but been trying to shape my swing towards that since I feel his tempo most resembles mine... lol... yeah I wish~~~
[/color]
[color="#000080"]I prefer shafts from Diamana, Graphit Design or perhaps Matrix?
I'm looking for something gives me low to medium launch with low spin. I don't really know what my SS is but with the current setup i'm getting about 270 carry and I'm still trying to increase it.
Primary goal is being able to load the crap out of the shaft when I need to without worrying about it flying left and right (at least just one directional miss). Something I have in mind is the upcoming Ahina 60x, Fubuki 60x or Matrix TPHD?? (heard a lot of good thing about this but am not sure)??

Thank you very much for your time.
Really appreciate your feedback.

[/color][color="#ff0000"][b]Answer: Need LM data please[/b][/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? 2007 Taylormade Burner 460, 10.5, Graphite Design Aura Red, X-stiff, swingweight not sure
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Quick tempo, heavy loader.
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? 11.2 handicap index, 7-8 with irons, driver is alot less consistent, really solid with irons.
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? I hit it hard left, and the shaft tip is a little too stiff I think.
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b] Never been on a launch monitor
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Low to med trajectory with more roll and a super tight shot dispersion. I would like a fade too.
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? I usually hook them hard to the left and I hit them off the toe sometimes too
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? I like to hit a 5-10 yard fade nothing more. I also like it dead straight or the fade as said before.
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? New jersey, pretty humid in the summers.
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. 5'8", Pretty built, I stand a little more upright because of back problems.
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. cadet small
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? I think a little like Anthony Kim, I just don't choke up like him. I would love to be like fred couples.

I'm open to any suggestions you ould have to put me in hte best position possible.

[color="#ff0000"][b]Answer: Need LM data please[/b][/color]

• 2 weeks later...

[color="#1c2837"][color="#ff0000"][b]
[/b][/color]How often you play in a month?
[b][color="#000000"]Around 10rounds[/color][/b]
[b][color="#000000"]Around 15 times [/color][/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )?
[b][color="#000000"]About 8[/color][/b]

[b][color="#000000"]Nike, 10.5 degrees, Axivcore, Reg, Standard, Standard.[/color][/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [color="#ff0000"][b]
[/b][/color][b][color="#000000"]Smooth[/color] [/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability?
[color="#000000"][b]I play to a 9 handicap I would say 8, [/b][/color]
[color="#ff0000"][b][color="#000000"]N.A[/color]
[/b][/color]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[color="#ff0000"] [b]
[/b][/color][b]Swing speed is 80mph. Spin rate is high[/b] 6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[b]
[/b][color="#ff0000"][color="#000000"][b]na[/b][/color]
[/color]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [color="#ff0000"][b]
[color="#000000"]My miss is right, I tend to hit my driver high but relatively straight[/color][/b][/color]
[color="#ff0000"][b][color="#000000"]High launch High spin[/color]
[/b][/color]9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?
[color="#ff0000"][b]
[/b][/color]10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [color="#ff0000"][b]
[/b][/color][b]5"7 Skinny[/b]
[color="#ff0000"][b][color="#000000"][b]Small[/b][/color]
[/b][/color]12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?
[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Raphael Jacquelin

[/b][/color][color="#ff0000"][b]Answer: Need LM data please[/b][/color]

Hi Joe, thank you for your advise and time! I'll be visiting SF in 2 weeks time and hope to come by your shop on 23rd or 24th Oct to have dynamic fitting.
Here is my questionairre. I will send you a separate email.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b]Twice[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]5 times[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]7[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) Ping Rapture 10.5, TFC909D (UST OEM Regular flex, 45 inch. D2 SW)
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b]Smooth, light loader.[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [b]18 HC. 7 Scale. I play a natural fade, usually can hit the fairways 7 out of 10. Inconsistent with long irons and woods (fat or thin shots). Pretty good with hybrids and short irons/wedges.[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b]Ball launches to high, spins too much, does not produce enough roll. Ultimately I do not maximize distance from my already puny swing speed. [/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b] Yes I have. On Trackman. [b]95mph swing speed, 18-19 deg launch angle, 138mph ball speed, 3800-4000 spin rate. Out to In swing path, Negative attack angle (less than 1 degree), could not recall side spin numbers.[/b]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[b] Lower launch, lower spin rate, more roll. Ultimately longer total distance given my SS, without sacrificing current dispersion.[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b]My misses are weak, high slices or penetrating pulls. Mishits near the heel and at the top.[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b]Fades or straight shots with a more penetrating launch angle. [/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]Mainly soft ground. Indonesia.[/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc.[b] Average built, not fit/strong.[/b] [b]Slight hunch. 5'10" (177cm without shoes)[/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]I use glove size 26 and 4 wraps of tape.[/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [b]I admire Steve Stricker's swing.[/b]
13. Distance/Others. [b]My average carry is 235 yards, Total distance about 250 yards. In my mid thirties, only started golf 2.5 yrs ago. I took about 20 hrs of lessons so far. I will continue to see Pros to improve my skills however having a club that helps me should provide [/b]a boost.

Answer: I can't wait to see the real numbers on your fitting session here.

Hi Joey, it's great of you to give up your time to help other WRXers!

I'd appreciate any help in finding me a suitable driver shaft, thanks :) !

How often you play in a month? [color="#ff00ff"]20[/color]
How often you practice in a month? [color="#ff00ff"]8[/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [color="#ff00ff"]7[/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [color="#ff00ff"]9.5 - Prolaunch Blue 65 stiff - standard length [/color]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [color="#ff00ff"]Moderate tempo, with moderate loading factor[/color].
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [color="#ff00ff"]8 handicap, with quite consistent swing I'd say 8/10 consistency and ball striking is my strength so again 8/10.[/color]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[color="#ff00ff"] flight isn't very pentetrating and sort of dips in flight (a bit loopy) also the flight varies from very low to very high although this is probably more to do with me.[/color]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? [color="#ff00ff"]Afraid not[/color]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [color="#ff00ff"]more pentrating, more consistent hight [/color]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [color="#ff00ff"]My mistakes are either a curving hook or straight push and I don't consistently hit the sweetspot, misses all over club face.[/color]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [color="#ff00ff"]Neutral flight with medium hight and penetrating flight[/color]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [color="#ff00ff"]Conditions vary from too soggy for play, to brown hard fairways (I'm from England)[/color]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [color="#ff00ff"]Not very muscley but have athletic posture. I'm 6 ft 1"[/color]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [color="#ff00ff"]Medium glove size[/color]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [color="#ff00ff"]I'd say it's quite similar to Justin Rose with a touch of Luke Donald thrown in[/color]
13. Distance/others. [color="#ff00ff"]Average Carry about 240, total distance about 265. I've had 2 lessons so far but hoping to have more. I'd say I'm naturally decent at sports especially ball sports.

How often you play in a month? [color="#0000ff"]2-3 times[/color]
How often you practice in a month? [color="#0000ff"]4-5 times[/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? [color="#0000ff"]7.[/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [color="#0000ff"]9* Nicklaus Arimax 360 with stock Fujikura Stiff[/color]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [color="#0000ff"]Quick Tempo, Heavy Loader[/color]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [color="#0000ff"]16 Handicap, so-so ability[/color]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [color="#0000ff"]Pulls (fairly often) Sanp Hooks (1-2 per round)[/color]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [color="#0000ff"](flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color="#0000ff"] No[/color]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [color="#0000ff"]More consistency[/color]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [color="#0000ff"]Pulls, mostly strong hits[/color]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [color="#0000ff"]Straight, but fairly high[/color]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[color="#0000ff"] Normal conditions, I'm from Montreal, QC[/color]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc.[color="#0000ff"] "Standard", 5' 10"[/color]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [color="#0000ff"]Medium Large[/color]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [color="#0000ff"]I'd like to be like Fred Couples or Ernie Els[/color]

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? [color="#0000ff"]No[/color]
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! [color="#0000ff"]Golfsmith Tour Cavity Pro, 2I-LW with Project X 6.5 (old satin ones)[/color]
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine? [color="#0000ff"]No[/color]
4. How do you hit them so far? [color="#0000ff"]Decent, but somewhat inconsistent. Very good on "pure" hits, and very iffy on off center[/color]
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?[color="#0000ff"] Lower ball flight[/color]
6. What do you like to see on your ball flight?[color="#0000ff"] I'd like it to be lower[/color]
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?[color="#0000ff"] Straight and high[/color]
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? [color="#0000ff"]Pulls to the left and "chunks"[/color]
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? [color="#0000ff"]High[/color]
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? [color="#0000ff"]Roughly 200 yds[/color]
11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players [color="#0000ff"]30.5"[/color]
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players [color="#0000ff"]34.5"[/color]
13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [color="#0000ff"]Medium Large[/color]
14. How tall are you? [color="#0000ff"]5' 10"[/color]
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? [color="#0000ff"]Shallow[/color]
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? [color="#0000ff"]The ones that don't make the cut ;)[/color]
17. What is your handicap index? From? [color="#0000ff"]16 from the last 2-3 years[/color]
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing? [/color][color="#0000ff"]Quick tempo, heavy load

[size="2"][color="#1c2837"][b]General Questionnaire[/b][/color][/size]
[color="#1c2837"][b]
[/b][/color][size="2"][color="#1c2837"][/color][/size][color="#1c2837"][b]How often you play in a month? [/b]Typically 16-20 rounds a month. 288-360 holes a month. I'm a college student on a tight budget, so now that school has started, I'm down to sometimes as little as 8 rounds a month and 144 holes a month. Sometimes, I'll play 27-36 holes a round, depending on school work, time of day, and how I feel. If I'm havin a lot of mishits, I'll play 27 holes and typically take 2 balls on each hole to fix mishits[b].

[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]How often you practice in a month? [/b]I used to despise the range, and never go. As of recently, I have been able to really work on my shots on the range. I'll typically take 50-75 balls down range before each round.[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][/font][/color][color="#1c2837"][font="verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif"][b]
[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]How consistent do you think your swing is in a scale 1-10? [/b]When in a save situation, punching, gettin around trees, hard draw, hard fade, consistency is a 10. When hitting a routine shot off the fairway, consistency is 5-6. Mediocre difficulty shots are my weakness. When I need to pull a big save, my GIR% is near 100%. When approaching from the middle of the fairway, GIR% is 40-50%. I try gettin the ball right on the pin and typically choke up too much on the club on straight-away approaches, leavin myself short of the green.[/color]
[size="2"][color="#1c2837"][font="verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif"][b]
[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[color="#1c2837"][/font][/color][size="2"][color="#1c2837"][font="verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif"][/color][/size][size="2"][color="#1c2837"][b]Driver Fitting Questionnaire[/b][/color][/size]
[/b][/color][/size][/font][size="2"][color="#1c2837"][/color][/size][size="2"][color="#1c2837"][b]1. What is the club existing set up? [/b]Callaway FTiQ 9.5 Degree TOUR Fubuki 63x5 44.5". I had it shortened 1/2", which I regret now.[/color][/size]
2. What type of swinger are you? [/b]Quick tempo, but I'm workin on slowin it down. Fairly heavy load, and load increases as I increase flexibility.[/color][/size][/font]
3. What is your handicap, and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? Where is your striking ability? [/b]Handicap 15-17. Swing Consistency 7-8. Ball Striking 8-9 now that I'm playing blades.[/color][/size][/font]
4. What is the the problem with the existing set up? [/b]My miss is a high launch pull-fade[b].[/b][/color][/size][/font]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? [/b]Yes. Swing Speed 108-110mph. Good Launch 11-12 degrees. Bad Launch 14-15 degrees. Ball Speed 170-180mph I think. Spin Rate usually around 200rpms fade. Swing Path Out-In around 5-6 degrees.[/color][/size][/font]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [/b]Low Launch Carryin Push-Draw. The launch should be fixed in my ball address, but I am uncomfortable putting the ball more neutral in my stance with a driver[b].[/b][/color][/size][/font]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [/b]Fairly hard pull, then fairly hard fade. I strike the ball clean on the face due to playing blades, but I can't get the face square. I pop my wrists too hard. Too compensate, I rush my shoulders into the ball, causing out-in swing path and closed face.[/color][/size][/font]
8. What is your shots tendency that you like when you are playing good? [/b]Slight pull-fade, but that's not the shape I want to achieve.[/color][/size][/font]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [/b]Texas Country Clubs. Nicely manicured courses in typically GREAT weather, but I'm playin come rain or shine. I ain't scared.[/color][/size][/font]
10. Body build and postures? [/b]VERY athletic. Squat 610lbs, Deadlift 560lbs, Bench 300lbs. Athletic posture. Wide stance. 6' 0" on a good day with spikes. 200lbs to 210lbs if it's been a McDonald's week.[/color][/size][/font]
11. What is your glove size? [/b]I should wear a large, but I feel a tight fittin medium helps me loosen my grip. My grip is typically too tight. The sayin goes, "Pretend the grip is a bird. You don't wanna kill it, but you don't want it to fly away." I typically squeeze the bird until the intestines come out the anus.[/color][/size][/font]
12. If you have to be honest, who's swing does your swing look like on PGA tour? [/b]Rory McIlroy's address, backswing, and foreswing + Tiger Woods old swing finish = Me. I'm Rory all the way except the finish. I really try to extend through the finish with my knees, like Tiger used to. Kind of a "jump" without jumpin.

Answer: Your info is not quite complete here. I assumed you are not playing an X flex shaft. You might want to try this first and make sure the right size of grip.
[/color][/size][/font]

[color="#1b2837"][b]Hi - I'm in London UK, and would certainly appreciate some help since I've never had a fitting and want to get one or two new clubs - not sure which shaft to use. Best, Andy[/b][/color]

[color="#1b2837"][b]
[/b][/color]

[color="#1b2837"][b]General questionnaire:[/b][/color]

[color="#1b2837"]How often you play in a month? - 4[/color]

[color="#1b2837"]How often you practice in a month? - 2 to 4[/color]

[color="#1b2837"]How consistent do you think your swingare in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or badconsistency. – 3 to 4[/color]

[color="#1b2837"] [/color]

[color="#1b2837"]Driver fitting questionnaire:[/color]

[color="#1b2837"]1. What is the club existing set up? (loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) – Don't have any really gooddrivers, play on a short 9 hole course so don't go below my 25 deg TaylorMadeR7 hybrid. Reg graphite. [/color]

[color="#1b2837"]2. What type of swinger are you ( smoothor quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?– Slow swing[/color]

[color="#1b2837"]3. What is your handicap and on a scale1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? 30, quiteinconsistent but improving[/color]

[color="#1b2837"]4. What is the the problem w/ theexisting set up? Never tested it out, so don't know what's best for me. Needgraphite, I'm 63 [/color]

[color="#1b2837"]5. Have you ever had a launch monitorsession before? What brand of LM [/color][color="#0005ff"](flightscope LM is one of mybest recommendation)[/color][color="#1b2837"]?[/color][color="#0005ff"] ( swingspeed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, sidespins, etc?)[/color][color="#1b2837"] [/color][color="red"][b]These numbers has to come from theexisting club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & AMUST![/b][/color][color="#1b2837"] – Never had a fitting of any kind, but good withtools and measurements and pretty intelligent. [/color]

[color="#1b2837"]6. What are you trying to change orachieve on your new set up? - Smooth easy hit with good consistency. Distancenot important. [/color]

[color="#1b2837"]7. What is your shots tendency onmistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing ashots on the face of the club? where? - Can tend to top a ball if I don'tremember to keep weight on forward foot in strike . I'm RH and left eyedominant. [/color]

[color="#1b2837"]8. What is your shots tendency (ballflight) that you like when you are playing good? - Reasonably straight and inthe air![/color]

[color="#1b2837"]9. What type of course condition you areplaying most? Where are you from? London UK. Short 9 hole every Sunday morning.Holes are between 100 and 165 yds, typically 120yds. [/color]

[color="#1b2837"]10. Body build and postures? height?etc. 5'11" overweight[/color]

[color="#1b2837"]11. What is your glove size? need sizeestimate even if you don't use glove. – Quite large hand. Middle finger 3.5inch long, hand 4 inch across palm[/color]

[color="#1b2837"]12. If you have to be honest, who yourswing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? – Probablylooks like the caddy on a bad day. [/color]

[color="#1b2837"]13. etc. The more the better it become.[/color]

[color="#1b2837"]Iron fitting Questionnaire:[/color]

[color="#1b2837"]1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before?lie angle? = No, probably regular as in Ping black dot.[/color]

[color="#1b2837"]2. What is the existing set up specs andshaft, etc? Detail please![/color]

[color="#1b2837"]- the only club I have that I reallylike is the 7 iron Ping Rapture 2 with reg flex TFC909 shaft. Don't have theset, just the demo. Have Deep Red graphite irons but they feel clunky[/color]

[color="#1b2837"]3. Have you ever been on a launchmonitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine? No[/color]

[color="#1b2837"]4. How do you hit them so far? - ???[/color]

[color="#1b2837"]5. What do you want to see itchange/what is the problem? – Main problem is ignorance, O wise one. [/color]

[color="#1b2837"]6. What do you like to see on your ballflight? - Straight and up in the air. [/color]

[color="#1b2837"]7. What is your ball flight tendency on yourgood golfing day? As above![/color]

[color="#1b2837"]8. Which side is your mistake tendency?left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? – I can hook tothe left if I'm not careful. Don't hit much to the right. [/color]

[color="#1b2837"]9. Do you consider yourself a High ballhitter or low ball hitter? – Medium to high.[/color]

[color="#1b2837"]10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a goodno wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? 7 iron goes about 125yds,bit more if I'm lucky and hitting well. 9 iron about 100yds, SW about 75. [/color]

[color="#1b2837"]11. What is you measurement on Knuckleto floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players. 32.5 inchstanding straight and at ease in shoes. [/color]

[color="#1b2837"]12. What is your measurement on wrist tofloor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players. 36 ins as above[/color]

[color="#1b2837"]13. What is your glove size? need sizeestimate even if you don't use glove.- Large[/color]

[color="#1b2837"]14. How tall are you? 5'11"[/color]

[color="#1b2837"]15. Are you a deep/medium or shallowdivot taker? - Shallow[/color]

[color="#1b2837"]16. Who do you think your swing look likecompare to PGA Tour players? – John Daly when paralytically drunk[/color]

[color="#1b2837"]17. What is your handicap index? From?30[/color]

[color="#1b2837"]18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? Howgood is your shaft load factor on your down swing? Slow and smooth. [/color]

answer: Can't help without a complete info and LM data

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b]6-8 times[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]10-12 times[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]7.5[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [b]Ping Rapture 12*, Diamana Blueboard 63 Regular, 43.5" [/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b]Rhythmic tempo, light loader[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [b]Handicap: 15, irons: 9 , driver: 6[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b]Driver can be erratic, I can't seem to feel the head throughout my swing.[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [color="#0000ff"](flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color="#0000ff"] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color] [b][color="#ff0000"]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b]
[b]Probably not the greatest source; but used a Golf Town monitor this past week, with a driver I am looking to buy: Mizuno MP-630 Fast Track, 10.5*, Fubuki Regular, 45"
SS: 100-103
Ball Speed: 135-140
Launch Angle: 13-15*
Spin Rate: 4500-4800 rpm
[/b] 6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]More control and distance.[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b]Duck hooks when I get lazy, they go out 150 yards then duck left. When my contact is better, I'll hit giant pulls... when I miss on the driver its high toe; misses are always high on the clubface, never low.[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b]Straight. If its not straight, its a baby draw; I can't fade the ball.[/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]Dry in the summer, wet any other time; Ontario Canada.[/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [b]Short, Athletic, 5'5, setup with a heavy pre-tilt, head behind the ball.[/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]Small.[/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [b]Luke Donald... would be nice.[/b]
13. etc. The more the better it become. [b]Anthony Kim looks good.[/b]

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? [b]I have my iron length/lies fit through the TLT system, but the iron shaft flex not fitted.[/b]
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! [b]Mizuno MP-60, 4-PW, Nippon 950 GH Pro, Regular; lies are flat by a good 2-3* per head (TLT based calculations)[/b]
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine? [b]No, not for my irons.. I just picked them up because they're beauties![/b]
4. How do you hit them so far? [b]Great. I have no complaints about my irons... if anything, when I get lazy I'll hook them, or the ball will just explode off the face off I try to put a bit more into them... [/b]
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? [b]Do I need a stiffer shaft? [/b]
6. What do you like to see on your ball flight? [b]More control, a bit lower.[/b]
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?[b] Straight.[/b]
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? [b]Left side, I never hit my irons right. 4-5 iron misses are closer to the heel.[/b]
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? [b]I'm in the middle...[/b]
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? [b]170-175 yards; I don't know my 5 iron ss.[/b]
11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players [b]N/A[/b]
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players [b]N/A[/b]
13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]Small.[/b]
14. How tall are you? [b]5'5[/b]
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? [b]Medium; wedges go deep.[/b]
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? [b]Luke Donald (flattering myself)[/b]
17. What is your handicap index? From? [b]15; self-tracked online.[/b]
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing? [b]Smooth.[/b]

[b]If I may add.. my bigger area of concern is getting a good shaft recommendation for a HYBRID or WOOD, since I can't seem to hit my clubs from 15-22 degrees... here are some stats for me at golf town, hitting: Titleist 909H, Diamana Regular, 22*

SS: 89-95
BS: 121-125
Spin Rate: 4500

I currently own and bag (regrettably) a TM 4H 22*, with a regular 65g REAX shaft... and i hook the HECK out of it... its a pure hook unless I set up with the head way open.. then I hit it a mile in the air...

Anyway hope you can help me out!

Thanks!

Answer, Try everything on a firm or S flex. I'm almost sure that you spinrate are coming from a steep attack angle. So you will need to fix that with your pro.
[/b]

• 2 weeks later...

[color="#1c2837"]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) SMT Encore 7* w/ Accuflex Creation X
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Hard Tempo, heavy loader
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? I played 3 rounds last year. I shot a 45-32-77, 44-38-82, 45-38-83. When I played in highschool i played down to a 5. I would say ball striking is very very good, but direction is not very consistant
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Needs Updating
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [color="#0000ff"](flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color="#0000ff"] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color][/color]

[color="#0000ff"]The major one thats at most golfsmiths I was hitting a 8.5 Superfast Matrik 6 X. I was swinging at 123 MHP, launch angle was 12-14 and spin rate was ~1000. I do not remember side spin, attach angle, swing path and all that jazz. [/color]

[color="#1c2837"]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? More consistant/longer distance[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Hook left[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Deep :)[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Normal[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]10. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6-4, 185 pounds, very athletic[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. L[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? An agressive Ben Crane[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]13. etc. The more the better it become. I am looking at a Taylormade R9 Superdeep in 10.5 X. Not sure exactly what shaft I should be pusting around with.[/color]

[color="#1c2837"]Thanks for the help!

answer: Something is not right on the LM data IMO. if the SS is right, you will need a XX flex.
[/color]

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

[b]General Questionnaire[/b]

[b]How often you play in a month? [/b]Right now only on the weekends, so 8-10 times per month, but in the summer it will be 4-5 times per week

[b]How often you practice in a month? [/b]Every day, sometimes even 2-3 times a day.

[b]How consistent do you think your swing is in a scale 1-10? [/b]I have a very consistent swing; the only trouble I have is with my timing (due to not playing for a year when I lived abroad) and sometimes come over the top. 8 out of 10

[b]Driver Fitting Questionnaire[/b]

[b]1. What is the club existing set up? [/b]TM Tour Burner TP (2008) 8.5* with x-stiff "made for" diamana shaft tipped 0.5"

[b]2. What type of swinger are you? [/b]Smooth, straight up and down

[b]3. What is your handicap, and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? Where is your striking ability? [/b]5 handicap, but plan on improving on that shortly; I tend to hit the sweet spot a lot, but with my irons I am closer to the heel.
[b]4. What is the the problem with the existing set up? [/b]I hit the ball way too high and it goes no where into the wind. The driver is set up for a fade but when I hit a fade it just balloons with probably a 15 degree+ launch angle. If I close the face and hit a draw then I will get a slightly lower (but still high) ball flight and slightly better (lower) spin with some roll. The problem is that it is hard to play a draw consistently with this head and I will sometimes hook it, pull it hard or hit a huge slice when trying to do so. I never know which way I am going to miss which gets me into more trouble.
[b]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? [/b]Yes, but I don't remember. Swing Speed around 110mph
[b]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [/b]Low Launch and low spin. Right now it is impossible to play a fade, because I will get a balloon slice

[b]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [/b]I miss the ball both left and right. I sometimes miss on the bottom of the face but that is due to lack of focus and I only lose distance because of it and nothing directional. My directional misses come from accidentally coming over the top (too quick) or not turning my wrists over.
[b]8. What is your shots tendency that you like when you are playing good? [/b]Straight ball (I can hit it very straight with all my clubs).
[b]9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [/b]Texas bermuda in any weather.[b]
10. Body build and postures? [/b]Athletic posture. narrow stance. 6' 4" 215lbs.

[b]11. What is your glove size? [/b]medium

[b]12. If you have to be honest, who's swing does your swing look like on PGA tour? [/b]Ernie Els. A LOT of random people tell me that I have a very nice swing and I have never heard anyone ever receive a similar comment. That must mean that I have a very smooth swing.

Other Info: I hit the ball way too high with all of my clubs: irons with DG X100 included. It is not a swing fault, because I once put in an 85g v2 x-stiff into a bore-through Sonartec SS-01 head and I hit that thing way too low; so I know that equipment can solve my problem. I also have a Sonartec SS-03 with an Aldila NV 85 x-stiff that gets great trajectory with good roll when hit properly. I think that I am simply too tall and maybe my swing is more up and down rather than around. Plus the stock diamana shaft is probably garbage.

I am looking for shaft options that will drastically reduce my launch angle as well as spin rates. Is the TBTP even a good head? I may buy a new driver all together, such as the FT Tour or a Titleist 909 D3, but I would rather just change out the shaft if their are any cheap options such as the UST V2? I would rather not spend $300 on a shaft to find out that the head doesn't fit me. I will spend $300 on shaft if you can recommend a good head for me (straight ball with low spin and low launch).
I bought a used Cobra S9.1D 8.5 in x-stiff with stock ozik 6, and the ball flight is great, but that club is impossible to control and it is tough to not slice OB every now and then; and some misshits will go shorter than my 9 iron.

Thank you.

Answer: I can't help without LM data and complete info.

[size="2"](removed - stats no longer relevant)[/size]

[size=3][b]Bettinardi BEBG-1501 Staff Bag (Riding 14 Clubs)[/b][/size]
[color=#000000][size=3]TRPX S-013 1W 9.5 [/size][/color][size=3][color=#000000]| [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]RomaRo Ray Type-R 5W+ 17 & UT 19[/size][/color][size=3][color=#000000] | United SBB1 Tour 3-PW & SBW2 53/57 | Bettinardi Queen Bee #6[/color]

[b]Honma CB-3202 Stand Bag (Walking 12 Clubs)[/b]
[color=#000000]Baldo 8C Craft Brassy 2W 13 | George Spirit GTFW 5W 18 | Honma TW-U 21 & TW717M 4-PW | Romaro Alcobaca Stream Tour 58 | Bettinardi BB35[/color][/size]

How often you play in a month? [color="#0000ff"]2-3 times[/color]
How often you practice in a month? [color="#0000ff"]4-5 times[/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? [color="#0000ff"]7.[/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [color="#0000ff"]8.5* Callaway Diablo Edge Tour w/ Aldila Habanero X Stiff [/color]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [color="#0000ff"]Quick Tempo, Heavy Loader[/color]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [color="#0000ff"]16 Handicap, so-so ability[/color]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [color="#0000ff"]Pulls (fairly often) Sanp Hooks (1-2 per round)[/color]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [color="#0000ff"](flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color="#0000ff"] Yes, from Callaway.
Club Head Speed 108 mph
Ball Speed 160 mph
Launch Angle 9-10*[/color][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][color="#0000ff"]Carry was between 260-290, mostly 270.
Spin Rate 2900rpm.[/color]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [color="#0000ff"]More consistency[/color]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [color="#0000ff"]Pulls, mostly strong hits[/color]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [color="#0000ff"]Straight, nice piercing flight[/color]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[color="#0000ff"] Normal conditions, I'm from Montreal, QC[/color]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc.[color="#0000ff"] "Standard", 5' 10"[/color]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [color="#0000ff"]Medium Large[/color]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [color="#0000ff"]I'd like to be like Fred Couples or Ernie Els[/color]

Answer: You need to raise your LA from a higher lofted dirver to around at least 12*, 13* if you do missed them on the low side. Definitely work on attack angle to keep the spin rate around 3000 or lower.
[/color]

How often you play in a month? Roughly eight rounds a month

How often you practice in a month? About 3 times a week

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. I would say 8/10

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) FT-9 10.5 45" Regular flex made for Fuji zcom 60

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Smooth one planer with what I would assume as a light loader.

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? 10 handicap, consistent swing and better than average ball striking.

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? bad dispersion, whippy feel to the shaft, high amounts of spin leading to ballooning on occasion.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b]
I have been on a few different monitors but the names escape me. The last one used a dot decal on the ball to determine the figures. SS 105mph, LA 14.6 deg, ball speed 148, spin average 3900 rpm.

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? My r9 4w with an made for fujikura motore 70 in xstiff is quite literally perfect in regards to ball flight, trajectory, and dispersion. I want a driver/shaft set up that gives me the same results.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? I can get a little flat and overzealous and produce a pretty wicked hook (once every couple of rounds) but more often I can get a little behind and miss right with a straight push. As far as misses in relation to the face I have been noticing that my misses tend to be above the sweet spot on the face.

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Medium height, very penetrating ball flight, very slight draw.

9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Here in California I play a very wide variety of conditions, literally anything from borderline snow in high altitudes, to wet soggy humid, to extremely hot and dry.

10. Body build and postures? height? etc. Athletic 6'

11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. Cadet Medium Large

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? I try to model my swing after Matt Kuchar but I have been told my swing is similar to Justin Leonard

13. etc. The more the better it become. I have been experimenting with a TM SF Tp with a stiff rip in it but the open face just is not for me and the shaft does not seem to be a goood fit either. Like I mentioned I really love my r9 4w with the xstiff motore 70, even if it is a made for it seems to provide the perfect amount of feedback throughout my swing and my confidence level with it is astronomically higher than with either driver. I was thinking about checking out the TM superdeep because of my misses being above the sweet spot on the face and what has to be a very high spin rate but I am a little worried about them because the rip is the stock shaft offering.

Thanks in advance :)

answer: You need to play with a S flex mid kick shaft and low spin firmer tip type of shaft. Definitely work on attack angle to make sure not steep.