2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

For you guys asking for a help in picking a shaft!

joey3108

Driver fitting questionnaire:

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )
[b]Cobra S9-1 Pro S 10.5*
Stock S flex shaft: 65g, 4.0* torque, Mid/high kickpoint
D2 SW 45"
[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?
[b]Smooth tempo swinger with acceleration through the downswing, medium loader I guess, maybe medium-light.
[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?
[b]13 handicap, 8.0-8.5 swing consistency, consistent ball striker, occasional thin shot
[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?
[b]I think I have too low spin rates and am not getting the carry I should be getting. Reason being I can hit a high fade that carries forever no problem, but when I hit a draw, my stock shot, the ball falls out of the sky at its apex, or not even sometimes. The launch could be a tad higher I guess, but is not a necessity.

[/b]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST!
[b]Vector Pro LM
Swing speed: 98-102
Launch Angle: 11.2-12.0
Ball Speed: 146-152
Spin Rate: 1700-1900 rpm
Swing path: In-out 2.0* +/-
Attack Angle: +1.1* +/-
Side Spin: 300 +/- Draw[/b]

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?
[b]I am looking for a little bit more carry on my tee shots. The rollout I get is excellent, but I have numerous forced carries at my home course, which means my rollout sometimes never begins, as the ball hits into the upslope and plugs.[/b]

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?
[b]Hard draw i.e. hook or the over-compensated slight push on the next drive. I'm generally consistent with my contact, if I do miss, it's low on the face.[/b]

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?
[b]I like to work the ball both ways, but my stock shot is a 3-5 yard draw.[/b]

9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?
[b]My home course generally has wet, soggy fairways that dry up in the summer. I'm from the greater Seattle area in the Pacific NW.[/b]

10. Body build and postures? height? etc.
[b]Slight build. 6'3" 135 lbs. 16 years old
[/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.
[b]Med-Large[/b]

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?
[b]Very similar to Geoff Ogilvy[/b]
13. etc. The more the better it become.

Thanks Joe

Answer: Get your self a 11-12* driver.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Joe, looking to get a new driver here in 2010 and would love your help. Thanks a lot.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? Almost everyday
How often you practice in a month? Almost everyday
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10? 9

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [b]Taylor Made Tour Burner TP, 9.25* actual loft, 75X rombax shaft, D3, 45.5[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Quick Tempo, Just a medium loader I would say.
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?[b] +3 hcp, swing is very consistent, needs to be more so with the driver though, I would consider ball-striking a strength[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[b] I cracked the face on the old driver, I am interested in a new piece of equipment, I liked everythign about the old driver except I want to hit a higher ball flight but keep the low spin that I was having.[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b] [b]These are from my Tour Burner on a Trackman, 117 SS, 12.5 Vert LA, 165 ball speed, 2650 spin rate, club path 7*, Attack Angle -.9*, The balls were going about 303 yards w/ about 5 yards of side length on average. Max height was 32.2 yards. Face angle at impact was 3.2*. Smash Factor was 1.48.[/b]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[b] I would like to get the ball to fly higher and with the same or less spin resulting in longer drives.[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[b] I tend to either hit a slight block or a toe ball that draws too much. I would say this is the tendency with my swing because I am slightly in to out.[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?[b] I hit a penetrating drive with a slight draw. [/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]I just moved to Arizona, as you know, hot and dry basically, where a high flight will pay off I think.[/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc.[b] 6 foot, 190 pounds, athletic, good posture[/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]I wear a Medium-Large.[/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [b]I feel like I am alot like Paul Casey when I am playing well, a bit longer on the backswing, his lower body is a little quicker through the hitting area, very similar follow through.[/b]
13. etc. The more the better it become.[b] I basically just want a few ideas for a high launching shaft with low spin, or do you think a higher lofted driver head with a low launch low spin shaft. Or if you feel the need to point anything out based on my Launch Monitor info feel free. Any kind of help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Answer: Your LM data tell me that you need a lower ball flight (11*-11.5*) instead of higher. Spin will automatically go down to ideal too IMO, especially if you tipped the shaft to accommodate your 117mph SS quick tempo.
[/b]

Hello Joe, i have a driver that sets up great, its a 909 D3

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? Almost everyday
How often you practice in a month? Almost everyday
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10? 8

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [b]Titleist 909-D3[/b] 9.5* loft, with the made for voodoo in an s-flex, i tried a diamana white board at 63g s-flex didn't like it
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? quick tempo medium loader
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?[b] +5 hcp, swing is consistent, need a lower more penetrating ball flight with driver, I would consider ball-striking a strength[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[b] it launches higher then i would like and i have trouble keeping it down into the wind and i feel like i could use a more penetrating ball flight with a bit more roll.[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]
these are as accurate as i can remember, ss of 108 mph, 13.9 launch angle avg carry about 250 yds spin rate of about 3100 rpm
[/b] 6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[b] i want a more penetrating ball flight but with low spin[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[b] i have a tendancy to block or hit a large high fade[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?[b] high draw or high cuts[/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]British Columbia, Canada so all kinds of course conditions everything from wet and soggy, to warm dry and fast[/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc.[b] 5'8" 130 lbs skinny[/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]I wear small[/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [b]i feel like my swing is like ryuji imada's just a different follow through[/b]
13. etc. The more the better it become.[b] i basically want ur opinion on which shaft would help lower my ball flight but still maintain the work ability and low spin

Thanks Colin,

answer: Higher kick point shaft and maybe a slightly heavier set up with Soft X or even X flex should do the job. Stay away from MADE FOR shaft.
[/b]

Joe, I know you are busy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? I play 10 times a month on average
How often you practice in a month? I practice twice a week
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. My consistency is an 8.

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) Have a r9 Super Tri 9.5 tp with Motore F1 shaft in x flex
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Quick Tempo with moderate load. Have stack and tilt swing.
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? handicap is an 8. My swing consistency is a 9 on the scale of 1 to 10. Ball striking is not my strong suit but it is getting pretty consistent. Gotten much better since switching to stack and tilt swing.
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up of 1 to 10. I am looking for more ball speed and less spin. Some times hit ball too high.
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b] Lauch monitor was Zelocity. Average swing speed 115.5, ball velocity 163.5, Launch angle 10.7, Ball Spin 2842, PTR 141.5
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? I am looking for better ball speed and less spin. My spin is too high. Also, do you think I need to go to a 10.5 head? Average launch angle was 10.7.
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Outside in swing when I am not playing good. Miss on toe of driver.
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Medium/High ball flight.
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Country Club conditions. From Kentucky.
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6 Feet tall, slight hunch over at address due to Stack and tilt swing.
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. xl Large glove size
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Camilo Villegas

Answer: LM data tells me you need a slight higher ball flight with lower spin. S&T swing has a tendency coming steep to the ball at attack angle, thus your number don't surprise me at all. Find a good ball position to find that swing spot for better launch and spin rate. Your set up is fine IMO.

Hi Joe, Looking for some new technogy, so had a G5 and just got a G10 and need to set it up correctly.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b]6[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]4[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]7[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )[b] 9 degree-prolaunch blue -S-?-45.75-Ping G5 stabilized[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?[b]smooth short back swing, thus heavy load.[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?[b]12.6 Handicap; 7 [/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[b] low ball flight 230 carry and 275 total from ball launch monitor[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b] [b]golf gaxlaxy screen, swing speed approx 100-110, launch 9 degree's about sometime lower,150 ball speed, spin 3000, tend to miss left, sometime duck hook or straight pull. 230 carry 275 end result.[/b]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[b]higher ball flight with less roll and more consistant ball flight eliminating the pull hook's.[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?
[b]miss left, use to be a slicer years ago and changed swing, thus now missing left.
[/b]8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?[b] slight draw or penetrating straight shots with mid trajectory[/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[b] hilly, western pa/pittsburgh[/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc.[b] 5;11-210, thin most of the body but have the beer belly look.[/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.[b]medium cadet[/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?[b] like the smoothness of Els but not sure who my swing looks like. [/b]
[b]The G5 9 was used for about 3 years coming from a Ping tist 10.5. The G5 had a tfc100 R in it and pulled it for the prolaunch blue S. I say a G10 at the local shot for $70 and could not pass it up. It has a R V2 Shaft in it. I hit it against the G5 on the launch monitor and misses were still left and distance was about the same. I cannot remember the spin. the launch angle over 30 shots with both clubs averaged about 9 with 14 being the highest and 2 being the lowest. The longest shot was a straight ball with G10 at 282. Deviation was about 30 yards left of center for 85 percent of the balls.

I tend not play the shot I have for the day, and instead try to fix the problem during the round. As lessons helped me over the past 3 years I have got rid of the slice but now misses are pulls for the most part with both irons,woods and driver. Most people/shops tell me that i'm right on the edge of Regular and Stiff.

[email protected]
Tony

Answer: Get your self with higher loft and work on your attack angle , and get back on the LM to see all the numbers again for better reading. Maybe by then you need a higher kick point stiffer tip shaft.
[/b]

Driver  G425 Ping Tour 65 R

3 Wood G410  Tensi Orange

G410 3 Hybrid Tensi Blue

G410 4 Hybrid Alta CB R

G425 Alta Graphite R 5-UW

Glide 54 & 58

Redwood Anser 

Q-Star Tour

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joe, if you get a chance to look it would be appreciated:

[color="#1c2837"]General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 4-8
How often you practice in a month? Average of 4 times per week
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 8.5

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) TM R7Ltd, 10.5 deg, Grafalloy prolaunch platinum stiff, think it's 44.5.[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Medium to quick tempo. Not sure what you mean by loader? [/color]
[color="#1c2837"]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? USGA Handicap index 3.6, 8.5 consistency, 8 ball striking.[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Really high flight. Would prefer a lower more penetrating flight. Not sure if this can be acheived by changing the shaft in this R7 or if I need advice on a new head/shaft combo?[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [color="#0000ff"](flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color="#0000ff"] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color][b][color="#ff0000"]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b] Only figures were from a Bridgestone Ball fitting session today - [/color]

[color="#1c2837"]Club Head speed: 113.7[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]Ball speed: 158.0[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]Launch angle: 13.0[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]spin rate: 3005[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]side spin: +51[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]Carry: 285[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Lower flight, slightly more workablility. Is that a word??[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Mainly seem to hit the R7 on the heel side, misses are blocks to the right when I come back to much on the inside. Occasionally get a little too much draw but that's usually when I'm trying to go at it too hard.[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Straight (but too high). Have a tendency to leave it right, but straight.
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Currently living in Las Vegas. Course I play usually is very tight with lots of houses and desert areas immediately off the fairway. It gets very windy here, hence the need to stop hitting it so high. I reckon I'm probably losing distance too? I'll be moving back to England next year where it can be windy, wet, cold, miserable. Bugger![/color]
[color="#1c2837"]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6'1, 175-180, slim, fit - I'm in the military and ex national level cyclist.[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. Use a Titleist medium large[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Ross Fisher would be nice! Very upright swing (irons have to be 3 degrees up)[/color]
[color="#1c2837"]
I'm hitting the r7 around 280-320 depending on my timing for the day! I'm very happy with accuracy. I've checked my stats and I'm around 70-5% driving accuracy with the R7. When I do miss, it's going to be a big block to the right or catching it out of the bottom of the face. The main problem would appear to be too high launch angle and too much spin. I tried the B330-s and bizarrely the spin came down to 2803, but the launch angle went up to 15.8! [/color]

[color="#1c2837"]Many thanks, David - [email protected]

Answer: Higher kick point shaft and X flex should do the job.
[/color]

I am converting my bag to Ping and would love some advice on where to go to have a Matrix HD6 or HD7 in a G15 driver.
I'm also open to any loft of 9, 10.5, 12.
Thanks for the help!!

1. What is the club existing set up?
Cobra S91 Pro Deep Face 10.5, Factory Installed Diamana Blueboard 63 X, Stock Length
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )?
I would say I have good tempo.
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?
I am a scratch handicap and strike it consistently
No real problem. I question if a different shaft would increase ball speed.
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? Vector Pro
swing speed -106
launch angle -13.5
ball speed -154
spin rate -2650
Swing path- out to in
Attack angle- tend to be more on the shallow side

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? An HD6 or HD7 in a Ping G15
8. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? My miss is a hook
9. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? draw
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Soft
11. Body build and postures? 6' 160'
13. How far do you hit your 5 iron on a perfect day ( carry distance )? 185

Answer: Give me the number from PING driver, that would be a better way to see it.

Hi Joe,

First off thanks for your help with this. I am looking to buy a new driver and I think I am leaning towards a Diable Tour Edge, so here it goes.

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) Callaway Diablo Tour Edge 9.5 degrees, Adila Habenero Tour Stiff flex, 45", D3 and standard lie angle.
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? I have a fairly smooth tempo, and I'm not sure on the loading.
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?I'm a 14 Handicap and I would say my swing is ~7.
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? I want to be sure I am getting the correct shaft and flex for me.
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b]
(not sure on the launch monitor they had at the shop, sorry)
SS - 110
Launch angle -- 13-14 degrees
Ball Speed -- 154 mph
Spin Rate -- 3200-3300

They did not show any data for swing path or angle of attack, sorry.

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? I think I would like to bring those spin numbers down slightly, because if I'm correct on this I would rather be in the 2600-3000 range.
Usually if I start to have problems it's with a nice slice caused by a left hand hang on and not allowing the club to rotate through, somethin I am working on with my golf pro. If I start to miss it on the clubface it is usually towards the toe.
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? I hit it fairly straight with only a slight fade when I am playing well
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? I live in the Midwest so soft in the spring and fall, but can get firm when it warms up in the summer time.
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. Iam 6'3" 240lbs with a wrist to floor measurement of 37". I have been told that I have a fairly upright posture.
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. I use a XL glove
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? I would have to say Ernie Eels, as when I am feeling really good and swinging well I almost have a slight pause at the top of my backswing.

Answer: You need higher kick point stiffer tip shaft S flex tipped to get the subflex. 45.5" might be better if you do have tendency missing on the toe a lot.

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b]8 rounds from about April to October, none during the winter[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]Driving range once a week[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]6[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [b]Titleist 907D2 8.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Red S. 45"[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b]Faster than average tempo, heavy loader[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [b]USGA Handicap = 5.6. Consistency = 6. I normally hit the center of the club, but the swingpath/face aren't always pointed in the right direction[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b]I lose a lot of distance when hitting into the wind. I get little roll. [/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST!
[b]Numbers from a Bridgestone ball fitting, using a B330RX ball and my current driver.
Avg Swing Speed: 106.1
Avg Launch Angle: 13.9
Avg Spin Rate: 3659
Avg Side Spin: -305
[/b]

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]I'd like a little more roll. I'd also like more control in the wind, especially into the wind. And the fact that I just kind of want a new driver.[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[b]I normally hit the center of the club, but I come from way too far inside when I'm not swinging well and either hit high pushes or hooks.[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?[b]High, slight fade.[/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[b]My home course is fairly hilly and always a little wet. Tree lined so straight helps too. I'm from Southwestern Pennsylvania.[/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc.[b]5'9", not very muscular.[/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]Medium[/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?[b]Nick Faldo, with a shorter backswing and worse balance.[/b]

Answer: Check your attack angle and fix it. You need the same specs shaft but tipped to get a subflex for better control and might even end up X flex on certain brand especially with your quick tempo style.

Hi Joe, looking to get a new some iron and shaft ideas. Thanks a lot.

twice a month average
1 in winter maybe once a week in summer
summer range twice a week before going
swing heavy club every other day at home
6-7 on consistancy

Iron fitting Questionnaire:

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle?
yes 1* flat Ping fitting 8 years ago
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please!
Nippon ns Pro 100 sflex titleist 775 cb
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?
Mizuno recommended dynalite gold xp s300 or project X5.0 115g
4. How do you hit them so far?
no
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?
ocasional fliers going way long (it is happening more often since trying to reduce backswing
6. What do you like to see on your ball flight?
control or knowledge of what I want it to do
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?
slight draw driver fade irons
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where?
backswing past parallel trying to shorten it and hitting ball on button and getting a flier
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?
driver high using a 8.5 tour ft9 ysq 6 stiff
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )?
175 yards
11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
what knuckle 28" to first knuckle on middle finger
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
34"
13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.
cadet medium footjoy (they very a lot)
14. How tall are you?
5'9"
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker?
5 iron shallow pw can be deep
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?
john daly not that far past parellel
17. What is your handicap index? From?
15 no short game
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing?
do not know (trying to get more consitant)

If I had to buy right now Mizuno MP-52 1* upright with project x 5.5 is what I would try.
thank you

Answer: Most flier shots are due to swing style and where the ball lies. Only a small % from the club. Your choice are fine IMO, just don't choose PX shaft if you think you catch a lot of flier. You'll enhance it due to lower spin.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='budd1e_lee' date='09 February 2010 - 06:06 AM' timestamp='1265709968' post='2237994']
How often you play in a month?
In season, 10-12

How often you practice in a month?
10ish

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.
6-7

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? [b]no[/b]
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! [b]Original TM Rac LT, Rifle 6.0, Standard all around[/b]
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine? [b]Today at my local golfsmith, 6-iron(Mizuno MP-52 with DGS300, standardl/l/l) swing speed 96-103, between about 400rpm hook and 1000rpm slice side spin, 5000-7000rpm back spin, 17-20 launch angle[/b]
4. How do you hit them so far? [b]I have been playing my TM's since the summer of '04, hit them reasonably well, hadn't played alot on them until last summer, tend to miss right[/b]
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? [b]Looking for a new set of irons, would like a little higher ball flight, leaning toward the mp-52 or mp-58[/b]
6. What do you like to see on your ball flight? [b]mid, to high ball flight[/b]
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? [b]low, to mid, weak fade[/b]
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where?
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? [b]low, driver is dymo str8fit 10.5, setup is 1* closed 1* up +1*loft , diamana blue board 63 stiff, get 8-9 degree launch[/b]
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? [b]185 carry, not sure on swing speed, 6 iron swing speed is high 90's[/b]
11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players [b]33 1/4"[/b]
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players [b]35 3/8"[/b]
13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]ML[/b]
14. How tall are you? [b]5'11"[/b]
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? [b]Deep[/b]
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? [b]no idea[/b]
17. What is your handicap index? From? [b]8-9 last year, down from 15-16 in years past[/b]
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing? [b]Quick I think, no idea on load factor. If it means anything my numbers from the Mizuno optimizer today were 5.5.5.6, 5.4.5.6, and 4.4.5.6 but those were on 90-93 mph swings, like I said I hit 30-40 balls on the monitor after that with a clubhead speed of high 90's.

Thanks in advance.

Answer: I would double check your LM data if I were you. 17-20 LA on your 6 iron is DEFINITELY not a high ball hitter.
[/b]
[/quote]

Got on a monitor today, LA with 6 was between 21 and 24. Actually felt like a pretty good trajectory to me. Those numbers were all with DG S300 with MP52, Nike Split Forged, and Cleveland CG7 Tour. Swing speed was steady high 90's, and ball speed mid 120's. 6 iron carry was probably 180 average. Hopefully that gives you a better picture.

answer: 21-24 is definitely way to high for 6 iron. I'm still not sure X flex will help, but definitely should be a better control for your 90+ SS.

• 2 weeks later...

In season, 20

twice a week

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? yes, standard length, standard lie
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! Taylor Made R7 Limited 10.5 Matrix Ozik Xcon 5.5 Stiff

3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? Golfsmith Vector 10 swing average. Ball Speed 142, Club Head Speed 96, Launch Ang 13.2, Back Spin 1361, Side Spin 36, Side Angl 5.8, Carry 213, Offline Push 20 yds, Total Dist 237, Roll 23, Descending Angle -.26, Max Height 18, total Spin 1254, flight time 4.8

5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? did a mizuno fitting and the 6 iron test recommended reg shafts, been playing stiff my whole life, wondering if i need to do the woods too

6. What do you like to see on your ball flight? mid, to high ball flight
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? draw
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? low pull hook

9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? medium

10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 180
11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. ML
14. How tall are you? 6'1''
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? Medium
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? no idea
17. What is your handicap index? From? 9
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing? Quick I think, no idea on load factor. the mizuno test showed i am smooth and easy load

Thanks in advance.

Answer: Stick by with at least DGS300, maybe even a stiffer tip design shaft or hardstep DGS300, especially if you have a quicker tempo style swing.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Joe,

Thanks for helping me and everyone else out. My question is this. I am buying a new driver, the Callaway Ft iz. Until now I have been playing a Taylormade burner 07' stiff shaft and what i have noticed is the club is very inconsistent, I tend to either slice it or somewhat hook it. It rarely goes straight. My question is this, with the FT Iz the stock shaft is a voodoo 60 shaft and I have the option of spending a little more money and getting the Speedster 757 tour spec stiff shaft. Do you think it would be worth it? Below are some answers to the questions you need to access -

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 4 times a week
How often you practice in a month? 20 times
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. Probably a 7

1. What is the club existing set up? ( 9.5 loft, stock shaft, stiff flex, 460ccswing weight, 46.25 length, etc )
2. What type of swinger are you ( I am a quick tempo swinger )? Medium loader?
3. Handicap is about a 13, 7 on consistency
4. Either hooks or slices
5. Not sure what Lm it was, Swing speed = 115, launch angle 17.3, ball speed = 3455, spin rate -1055, attack angle was straight as was swing path
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]Straighter shots [/b]
7. On most occasions the ball slices, when i miss hit the ball i hit on the inside of the club face
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? a slight draw and lower penetrating ball flight
9. Course condition is pretty decent, I'm from Maryland and live in maryland
10. I have a lean muscular body not to think or broad, im 5'9 with pretty good posture
11. Medium-large glove size
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Anthony Kim (he is my height and weight)

Any advice or suggestions you can provide would be so appreciated.

- Erez

Answer: go for it and make sure you might want to try a X flex or at least S flex tipped 1/2-3/4 inch.

Hi Joe,
thanks for putting so much time into this and helping everybody with their selection! Really appreciate that. I'm back to the game after a 2 year break from it and would like to get some advice from you on what to get.

Thanks a lot!

General questionnaire:

[b]4-5 times a month[/b]

[b]6 times a month[/b]

[b]6[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )

[b]None

[/b] 2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?

[b]Average tempo and smooth swing.[/b]

[b]Handicap used to be 16, now had a 2 year break. Would think probably 25 now. Generally striking it pretty good in the center. Misses are mostly on the toe.[/b]

[b]As i currently do not have a setup, I'm looking for a general recommendation[/b]

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball
speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST!

[b]Fitted yesterday on a Trackman PRO (Callaway FT9 Tour 9.5* w. Fubuki 63 stiff

Swing Speed: Avrg. 94mph
Ball Speed: Avrg. 138
Launch Angle: Between 9.8* and 11.5*
Spin Rate: Avrg. 2470
Height: Avrg. 20.7 yards
Swing Path: Vertical 50.4*, Horizontal 4.9*
Carry: 172 yards (heavy rain, headwind)
Total Distance: 202 yards (heavy rain, headwind)
[/b]

[b]Higher launch, more distance[/b]

[b]My current bad shot is a hook sometimes a block out to the right...rarely a bad slice my misses tend to be on the toe of the clubface
[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?

[b]I currently play a strong fade. Would like to straighten it more.[/b]

[b]A bit moist, mostly decently soft surfaces. Can get a bit harder in the summer. I'm from Munich, Germany.[/b]

[b]I am 6'4" with a bit of a belly (:)) and weight ~230lbs[/b]

[b]Men's Large
[/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?

[b]Lee Westwood probably but my hands are not infront ;)

Answer: Get back on the LM and get a number from 10.5 or 11* lofts from R and S flex. I'm sure you find a better driver with those. You might even need a 12 to get that ideal 14* LA and combine it with low spin shaft design.
[/b]

Thanks for any guidance you could give me. I'm thinking about some new irons but I'm unsure what to look for and I'm over an hour away from the nearest fitter. Thanks again.

Never
Standard Taylor Made 360's S-90 Constant weight rifle steel shaft
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?
no
Had them for about 8 or 9 years
I would like a lower trajectory but the main thing is I don't feel like I hit them as far as I should.
I would like to see it straight or a draw.
High fade.
To the right when fade turns to a slice and mostly with the short irons dead straight pulls left.
High
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )?
LH37inches
RH37 inches
cadet large
14. How tall are you?
5'10
shallow, but I generally play on hard public courses here in south georgia.
When I'm swinging good I have no idea, but I have a tendency to overswing taking the club to far back like Daly. Not quite to his extreme.
I don't have an "official" handicap but I would say I'm about a 15
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing?
Quick, No idea.<br><br>Answer: get your self a bendable forged carbon steel iron and you might want to try a shaft such as a DG Superlight.<br><br>&nbsp;<br>

[color="#1c2737"]General questionnaire:[/color]

[color="#1c2737"]How often you play in a month? Once or twice a week average... Sometimes more[/color]

[color="#1c2737"]How often you practice in a month? Whenever I get the chance[/color]

[color="#1c2737"]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. Around an 8 or 9 [/color]

[color="#1c2737"]Driver fitting questionnaire:[/color]

[color="#1c2737"]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) Ping G15 9* w/ Aldila Serrano Stiff, Std Length[/color]

[color="#1c2737"]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Fast Tempo, Moderate loading[/color]

[color="#1c2737"]3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? Handicap is an 11, swing about an 8 or 9, generally a good ball striker[/color]

[color="#1c2737"]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up of 1 to 10. More control, much too high launch angle[/color]

[color="#1c2737"]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b] Flightscope, Club Spd 117, Ball Spd 164, Launch Angle 20*, Spin 3000 rpm, carry 280, very little roll[/color]

[color="#1c2737"]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? I am looking for better ball speed and less spin. More control over the club, lower launch angle [/color]

[color="#1c2737"]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Miss shots off the toe, really struggle to keep the ball straight consistenly[/color]

[color="#1c2737"]8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? High ball flight.[/color]

[color="#1c2737"]9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?Dry or wet, from England so usually quite windy.[/color]

[color="#1c2737"]10. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6"2, 230lbs, upright posture[/color]

[color="#1c2737"]11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. ML glove size[/color]

[color="#1c2737"]12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Don't know, would like it to be as consistent as Luke Donald

Answer: Definitely need to assess your swing and loft to get a proper set up. Find loft that can hit at most 13* LA...then at least you might have a chance to get build your swing for it.
[/color]

X Hot Pro 9.5* RIP Phenom
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* PXv
Hybrid: Waiting...
Mizuno MP-68 3-PW
Mizuno MP T-10 52* & 58*

[color="#1c2837"]1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle?[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Not sure what that is but I got fitted to 4 degrees up and 1/2 longer[/b]
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please![/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Titleist AP-1 Project X 6.0 as above with Midsize grip [/b]
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]No it was done on a driving range at a titleist day no launch monitors availiable[/b]
4. How do you hit them so far?[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Poorly at best[/b]
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]I have no consitancy I miss left / right / thin / fat / Just can't get them to work. They don't feel good in the swing.[/b]
6. What do you like to see on your ball flight?[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Nice penetrating flight that lands soft
[/b]7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]High with a soft landing[/b]
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where?[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]The majority of misses would be right and if I miss the sweet spot it's towards the toe
[/b]9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]High[/b]
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? [/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Haven't used the 5 iron
[/b]11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Which knuckles?[/b]
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]39.5"[/b]
13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Footjoy XL[/b]
14. How tall are you?[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]6'6"[/b]
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker?[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Shallow[/b]
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]No idea don't get a chance to watch alot of golf unfourtunetly
[/b]17. What is your handicap index? From?[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Don't have one [/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"]18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing?
[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Not sure how I would describe it. I have a slow back swing (or I get happy feet) and a powerfull aggressive down swing.[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]
[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Extra info[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]I started golfing with a set of Taylormade R7 Draw Irons with the t-step 90 stiff shaft. I liked these clubs and found them really easy to hit. The problem was I would balloon the ball alot and being I am tall I talked myself into getting fit for clubs. So I sold them and began my search.[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]
[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]There are no good fitters within driving distance of me so when a local country club had a Titleist day I decided to jump at it. I wasn't a member but they were nice enough to let me come anyways. When I got fit it was for the PX 5.5 shaft but when they showed up there were the 6.0 (they said that the fitter felt I needed it) I also got fit for two wedges and one showed up with a DG S300 shaft and one with a DG S200 shaft (they couldn't answer me why) I have given these clubs an honest try but it's gotten to the point where I don't even want to go play a round anymore. I went from an average of 42-46 for nine with the taylormade R7's to over 50 with these ones. I spent alot of money on these irons and there just isn't a budget for new clubs with this economy and my job situation.[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]
[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Now the wedge with the DG S200 shaft is my go to club it's the only one I have confidence with and I end up using it in situations I probably shouldn't just because I know it's my best shot. The wedge is suppose to be the same 4* up and 1/2 longer but I don't know if they actually are being they came with different shafts. My initial thought was to just change out all the shafts to S200 but I don't know if that would do it. I don't have alot of money left for golf acc. (especially after what I spent already) so if I reshaft I need it to be the right ones. I am open to anything on the market if they are alot of money I will save up. I am not fooling myself my swing isn't perfect and I know it needs work but when Iam "ON" I have birdie oprotunities and I enjoy playing.[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]
[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Thanks for taking the time to read this. I am in Canada and if I had the money I would be on a plane to you to get fitted for a complete set I could enjoy for years but such is life. One day...... One day.[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]
[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]EDIT; Finally got off the range today and went for 18. When I hit these irons right I love everything about them but that barely happens. In 18 holes I bet only 5 of my iron shots went where I wanted them to go. On a side note I hit an AP-2 9 iron with DG R300 shaft standard lie and loft. It went perfect and felt oh so good. I hit it about 165 yards dead straight with a piercing flight. It was only one swing so it doesn't tell me anything but man did that forged head feel so nice. The guy joked that I hit his 9 as far as he hit his driver.[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]
[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]EDIT 2; Just got off the phone with titleist and they ran the serial numbers for me. The irons are infact 4* up 1/2 longer. The wedges however are only 2* up standard length? thats good to know as I was told that they ordered me 1/2 longer 4* up with the same shafts (which also came wrong). So it makes me wonder if I need a lighter shaft and only 2* up as I hit my 54* with DGs200 the best out of everything I ordered. For what it's worth the ping static fitting said green dot which matches the wedge I love. The more I dig deeper into this the more angry Iam that I spent that money. UGHHH[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]
[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]On a side note I talked the old lady into letting me use our points for a flight down to you I just dont have the extra money to buy anything from you once Iam there (right now anyways)[/b][/color]

[b]Edit 3; here are some numbers off a golf club simulator, i know the manager so i got to run the computer and nothing was altered between clubs. They were all 7 irons and the average of 5 hits each. I tried to hit some different shafts to give you an idea. The nicest "feeling" clubs were the VR full cavity I hit them just for the shaft but man did they surprise me. Hope this helps you
My Titleist AP-1's 7 iron
total Distance 203 yds
carry distance 202
club speed 89 mph
ball speed 121 mph
back spin 5401
side spin 69 R
vertical angle 21.9

Ping I15 maroon dot +1/2" AWT regular flex
total distance 182
carry distance 180
club speed 83 mph
ball speed 110 mph
back spin 5331
side spin 22 R
vertical angle 20.1

Ping G15 white dot +1/2" AWT stiff flex
total distance 188
carry distance 186
club speed 90 mph
ball speed 115 mph
back spin 5921
side spin 25.6 R
vertical angle 22.2

Nike Victory Red full cavity standard length and lie DG high launch S300
total distance 172
carry distance 167
club speed 80 mph
ball speed 105 mph
back spin 5451
side spin 31.2 R
vertical angle 21.7

Answer: I"ll be very honest and straight forward here, After reading your post....I would really spend the money for a lot of lesson and practice. Just make sure you get an instructor that knows what he is doing. If you do come to me....the best thing i could do is to assess your swing deeper and check what specs of club could maximize your potential to build your swing properly.
[/b]

[color="#1c2837"]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Callaway FT-iQ 9* Graphalloy ProLaunch Red in Stiff Callaway SW and Length
[/b]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Smooth slow backswing with a fast aggressive down swing[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]No Handicap, 6 for consistency and I need forgiveness in my drivers, but wouldn't describe my striking ability as poor[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]just wondering if I can improve my set up at all as they didn't have any of the shafts I wanted to try.[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [color="#0000ff"](flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color="#0000ff"] ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[/color][b][color="#ff0000"]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/color][/b] [/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]I did when I got fit for the club but am going off memory from last year. It was on what ever Callaway uses with there tour fit van [/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Ball Speed 169[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Launch Angle 15*[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Ball RPM 4800 [/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Sorry I don't remember the rest of the numbers it was the best we could do with there shafts they had in there fit cart. The next best was the Diamana BB they had in stiff that brought it down to 4700 and felt better than PL red but the numbers weren't good enough to warrant the price difference[/b][/color][color="#1c2837"]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]When Iam off my game I tend to pull the ball left. It goes straight but just to the left ( I am assuming a bad day with my swing causes that) If I try to really go for "it" with this set up I tend to get a medium slice. [/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]it's a pretty easy club to hit straight[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"]9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Typical municipal course durring the week then 4-6 trips to "upscale" courses during the summer. Canada[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"]10. Body build and postures? height? etc.[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]6'6" solid and big all over. Iam 320lbs but not all in the belly. Good flexability but not great
[/b]11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Footjoy XL[/b]
13. etc. The more the better it become.[/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]I researched alot before I went in but they didn't have any of the shafts I wanted to try. I would like to keep the cost 350 or less. I forget my swing speed but the crew they had didn't think I needed XS. They were impressed with my swing and ball speed numbers but like any amature hobby golfer I do need swing work. I am also looking to find a second head to put your shaft recomendation in. Open faces are a no go and I like a bit of forgiveness. looking for ones that are now a few years old that you can still find New but at blow out prices. I was thinking a Nike (square head) or Ping Rapture any coments on those?[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]
[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Thanks again for your help[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]
[/b][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][b]EDIT; I dont know if it was getting bad readings or something was fishy cause I don't think I would have a ball speed of 169 but all my drives with that driver were 165-169???? If it makes a difference my course has a short par 4 thats only 299 yards straight up hill and I have drove the green twice this year and am usually around 15-25 yards short on a average hit. I know Iam not much help. I will be going to a simulator on thursday to get some numbers (I know thats not a great way but it's all I have) and will update my posts.[/b][/color]

[b]EDIT 2; got a chance to hit it on the simulator today. Same as above I got to set the machine up so no tinkering while I hit. the numbers look close to accurate to real life except the launch angle. I don't think I hit it that low but the plastic tee I used was lower so that could be some of it. I have improved my swing a bit since the fitting above and these are up to date numbers. I don't know what is an acceptible side spin number but I don't have a dramatic slice or hook on the course. I have never liked swinging in those booths though and that could be some of it. Average of 5 hits.

total distance 305
carry distance 297
club speed 111 mph
ball speed 160 mph
back spin 3222 rpm
side spin 516.1
vertical launch 9.5

Hope this helps

Answer: Base on your last LM Data.... Flex should be closer to an X or at least in the subflex, but depends on how you install the shaft not flex marking on the shaft. You will need to make sure you fix your attack angle to reduce that spinrate to a decent # and bring the LA at 11-12. I have a feeling you deloft the club at impact due to steep attack angle. Make sure you play with a proper grip size to have a better control.
[/b]

[b]Cobra LD F Speed 10.5* loft. Fujikura E-150 shaft S flex. 45inches. Unsure of SW
[/b]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?
[b]I would say pretty aggressive. I try to take it back slow but usually end up rushing it then go through the ball very aggressively. [/b]
[b]Handicap is around 10, probably a little lower. Consistency is around a 5, I can play really well then follow it up with my worst round ever.[/b]
[b]Spin rate. I play in wind almost all the time and my ball will balloon and drop out of the sky. When the course is wet i will get negative roll. Im not really sure if the launch is too high or the spin is causing it. Also, I miss left all the time. [/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)[b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b]
[b]I did when I got fit for the club but it was about 2 years ago and dont really remember.[/b] those numbers would be irrelevant anyway. Back then this club was right for me but sicne then I have improved my game drastically. The numbers here are from a time when I was testing another driver and are all that I can remember
[b]Ball Speed 165-170[/b]
[b]Swing Speed[/b] [b]112-115[/b]
[b]Yardage- 270+ carry. Like I said, I get very little roll if any.[/b]
[b]Launch Angle unsure[/b]
[b]Ball RPM once again, unsure[/b]
[b]wish i could remember
[/b]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?
[b]Lower spin and Launch[/b]
[b]Hooks. Sometimes I hit the ball low or high on the clubface but usually close to the center.[/b]
[b]High with a slight draw and minimal rollout[/b]
[b]Course where I work. About 6700 yards from the tees I hit from[/b]. I would say its got medium fairway hardness and they are pretty narrow. Greens are like lightning, they are always faster than any other course I play.
[b]6'1" 190lbs. Pretty strong and flexible.
[/b]11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.
[b]Dont wear a glove but I would say L-XL. I use Midsize Grips with a few extra wraps[/b]
[b]I would assume that I should be in an X flex. I guess that I am looking for a low spin shaft with mid-high launch. Pricewise I dont want to spend too much money but If thats what I need i could do it. Buying used could offset the cost of a higher shaft. I am wondering if I should be hitting a lower lofted head too.[/b][b]

Answer: get on the LM again and give me your complete numbers with lower loft club and if possible X flex shaft.
[/b]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joe, looking at changing the shaft in my driver and would love your advice.

General questionnaire:

[b]
Cobra ZL 9.5 with stock shaft (VooDoo for Cobra, 62 Mid/High kick, mid torque, stiff, D4, 46")[/b]

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?

[b]Somewhere in the middle, leaning toward smooth. Light loader. [/b]

[b]
8 Handicap, I'd say ballstriking ability is a 6 or 7.[/b]

[b]Spinning the ball too much is the biggest problem, ball is ballooning and losing distance.[/b] [b]Also feel like I've lost consistency with this setup, clubface doesn't end up in the same position consistently. [/b]

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b]

[b]Yes, Trackman, FlightScope etc.

Swing Speed: 103-110, Launch angle: 11-12, Ball Speed: 147-150, Spin rate: 2800-3800, usually around, Attack angle: -1 - -5 (working on shallowing out attack angle, but still spinning the ball too much), side spin: 100-800 left. path is a little from the outside currently (also working on this).

[/b] 6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?

[b]Lower spin rate, more consistency off the tee.

[/b] 7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?

[b]Miss right now is a little flare to the right (used to be a hook or block). Sometimes miss high on the clubface or out on the toe.

[/b] 8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?

[b]5 yard draw when playing well. [/b]

[b]Oregon, lots of soft fairways, home course has a pretty heaving sanding program, so when I spin it too much I'm not getting any roll. [/b]

[b]
5'10", pretty muscular, long torso, short legs. [/b]

[b]No glove, but Cadet L/XL. Play with midsize grips. [/b]

[b]Not sure who the best comparison would be. I have a longer swing, take it back a little past parallel. Tend toward a high follow through. Again, I'm working on making sure I come from the inside (recent problem) and trying to shallow out my attack angle and swing more around my body, but even when I manage that swing I'm seeing too much spin off the tee. Any advice appreciated.

Answer: Build your club in a subflex s/x flex for sure at least. Try 45" set up and see if you have a better control and consistency. A certain lenght of set up will give you an easier time to find your better attack angle to reduce that spin rate. As for a shaft, Lots of mid kick low spin shafts now a days for your choice.
[/b]

Joe,

Thanks for any help that you can give me.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b]2[/b]-3
How often you practice in a month? [b]1-3[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]5[/b]

[b]Taylormade r7 460 TP 10.5* with RE-AX TP 65 stiff shaft. Swing weight around D2 and total length 44.5"Club face is probably open 1* Weights are 10 in the toe, 4 in the heel for a fade setup.[/b]
[b]short backswing, quick tempo swinger[/b]. [b]I think I would say that I am a heavy loader but I usually play shafts that are slightly less stiff than recommended for me.[/b] [b]I have a lot of difficulty with going up a flex since they feel too boardy for me.[/b] [b]I usually strike down on the ball even with the driver while delofting the club with my strong grip.[/b]
[b]Handicap is 13.4 but driving has been the most inconsistent part of my game for the past year. My omitted handicap scores are generally in the mid to high 90's when I have a bad driving day on a tight course. I would put my swing on a 5 out of 10 for consistency. My ball striking with my driver is atrocious which is why I am looking for something more forgiving.[/b]
[b]Current setup is alright but I feel that it is too inconsistent. I have issues with hooking the ball but if I go after it hard, sometimes it will end up as a push fade/slice. Partly my swing, but partly overpowering the shaft. [/b]
[b]Recent numbers from a bridgestone ball fitting. I guess they use the scienceEye launch monitor:
swing speed: 104 mph, launch angle: 12.9, ball speed: 144.8, spin rate: 3300. I usually attack the ball from the inside with a closed face causing a push draw. bridgestone RXS was the ball used but I also play the TM TP Black LDP.
[/b] 6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?
[b]Trying to take the left and right out. I do not care for workability at all if I could just hit the ball straighter.[/b] [b]I am looking at the new Burner SuperFast TP in a 10.5 with the stiff Matrix HD6. I have not gotten numbers on a launch monitor but from my eyes it's slightly lower than my current ball flight with less spin.[/b] [b]The only thing offsetting is the length of the club for someone my height.[/b]
[b]Shots on a bad day are a strong push followed by a strong hook. Ball will probably start 30 yards right of target and then hook back 30 yards left of the target. I tend to miss a lot high and on the toe of the clubface.[/b]
[b]High launching with more spin then needed slight push with a slight draw.[/b] [b]Ball maybe runs out 20 - 25 yards in dry conditions.[/b]
[b]Course conditions are generally dry in the fairways in Pasadena, CA.[/b] [b]I prefer as much carry as possible though because I am generally traveling in the winter in rainy Houston, TX.[/b]
[b]Height 5'9'' weight 185 lbs. Athletic build. If anything, I tend to crouch over the ball instead of standing more upright.[/b]
[b]Glove is a cadet medium large. Large palms with medium sized fingers.[/b]
[b]Stuart appleby, generally compact swing and a full finish[/b]

Answer: To be honest, Your post telling me more of a swing problem than a club specs problem. May be a heavier shaft set up could give you a better feel and might wanna try mid kick low spin shafts. Check your grip size for a better control.

Joe, I have done both. Currently I'm looking at going with the Callaway FT-Tour 10.5-11* w/ Matrix X-Con 6 67g stiff in a driver, and R9 TP's w/ KBS 130g Tour Stiff flex in the irons. Thank you for your time, I want to see if these are fair choices.

[b]TaylorMade R9 TP 10.5*, Fubuki 63g stiff shaft @ 44.5"
[/b]
[b]Fairly smooth backswing, make a solid move to the ball on the downswing. Load the club fairly well, good distance for size.[/b]

[b]Handicap +2, swing is probably around 8-9...ballstriking is 9. My backswing will BARELY make it past 3/4, due to a back injury a couple years back, but it does not impact making a move through the ball, nor creating decent speed.[/b]

[b]Still not getting the ballflight I'm looking for. Misses are too low, and even solid shots are mid-flighted at best.[/b]

[b]Numbers are from my current driver R9 TP:
Swing speed: 103-108
Launch Angle: 12-13*
Ball spped: 157-167mph
Spin rate: 2200-2500rpms (seemingly too low...knuckleballs sometimes)
Swing path: From 2*inside - 1* outside, driver accuracy is not an issue
Side spin: Minimal[/b]

[b]Want to get a higher ballflight. With my swingspeed not being significantly high, a lower trajectory does me little good. I don't mind a high ballflight because my ballspeed is higher for swingspeed, and carry is fine with me.[/b]

[b]Blocks. If anything tend to miss slightly on the heel, or higher on the face. Nothing dramatic.[/b]

[b]Mid-high flight, decent carry. Maybe a ten yard draw, but I really tend to work the ball in both directions (ala Bubba Watson...I don't really like to see it go straight unless it NEEDS to go straight)[/b]

[b]Virginia Beach, VA. When it's dry in the summer...it's hard, but the courses really don't drain that well after it rains. Various types of courses from muni's to private clubs.[/b]

[b]5'7'' and 145lbs. Athletic build with good posture.[/b]

[b]Cadet medium, have a larger hand for my size supposedly though.[/b]

[b]Good question, when I'm getting quick from the top, it turns into a Sergio (with the drop lag...and my misses tend to block because I DON'T want to flip). On the standard, it would probably be Ben Crane.[/b]

[b]Misses (if any) tend to be blocks. Am going from a swing kind of like Carl Petterson (slightly out-in holdon shot) to a standard move (Ben Crane) so if I don't release it it tends to block. I used to flip badly, so we moved from a deep inside-out swing, to an over-exaggerated outside-in to make the move. Now I'm able to make a pretty "standard" swing, but don't trust keeping the left elbow against the body after impact...thus will hit a slight fade/block.[/b]

[b]Maybe 1* flat, like to play standard lengths.
[/b]
[b]TaylorMade 300 Forged w/ DG s-300, everything stock. Standard Golf Pride New Decade grips.
[/b]
[b]6-iron swingspeed: ~90mph
6-iron carry: ~181-183
7-iron carry: ~164-165
8-iron carry: ~154-155
9-iron carry: ~143-144
PW carry: ~132-133[/b]

[b]Wouldn't mind a little higher ballflight, but with a mid-cg, and a heavier/stiffer shaft than the KBS counterpart, it can be understood. Longer irons have an issue of getting higher from the fairway (confidence issue maybe), but not too much off the tee.[/b]

[b]Higher ballflight (move to the r9 TP should make it higher as well). Wouldn't mind a little less left-right tendency...stiffer possibly.[/b]

[b]Increase in overall trajectory.[/b]

[b]Maybe a 2yd draw, mostly straight irons. decent trajectory on 7-iron and less.[/b]

[b]Nowadays it is either a draw too large, or a block to the right side (again confidence issue). Sweetspot contact is not too much an issue, but a dynamic fitting can change that to perfection.[/b]

[b]Mid-low, would love a higher launching iron shaft.[/b]

[b]192-193, stock shot. Like to hit a 5-iron fade floater, which carries about 185-186[/b]

[b]Cadet Medium[/b]

14. How tall are you?
[b]5'7''[/b]

[b]Medium, I like to take a divot.[/b]

[b]When hitting my floater-fade, much like Davis Love I would say, stock shot I would say a right-handed Mike Weir.[/b]

[b]+2, The Signature at West Neck, Heron Ridge, Virginia Beach National.[/b]

[b]Smooth backswing, solid move to ball. Load on irons is probably medium. Hit the ball decently long without much effort for a smaller individual. Told I have good hip rotation toward the ball (which could explain the "overdraw" and blocks oftentimes).
[/b]
Thank you for your time Joe. If those shafts sound like they would be good choices, please say so. If not, please let me know what you would suggest! I have no problem playing an 11* driver, it's whatever works, not about ego. I'm hoping the flight characteristics of the KBS Tour in a higher-launching r9 TP (compared to 300 Forged) would give a higher ballflight, while also keeping accuracy solid by going slightly stiffer.

Answer: I don't see anything wrong on your LM #, Unless if the numbers are not correct or the machine is not calibrated properly. BTW< I never knew any KBS tour stiff 130gr...130 is an X flex as far as I know.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ w/ Hzardus Smoke
TM UDI 20* w/ RIP Tour 90
Callaway Apex Pro 19 4-PW
Mack Daddy 4 52/10 S Grind
Mack Daddy 58/10 PM Grind
Taylormade Spider X

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b]4-5X[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]5X/Week[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]7-8[/b]

[b]Fourteen JC-909, 10.5*, F6M2 S-Flex (Untipped), D2, 45.5"[/b], [b]IOMIC sticky with 2-wraps of tape.[/b]
[b]Smooth and Light to Medium loader.[/b] [b]Maybe more on the lighter side.[/b]
[b]18-20 HDCP, 7-8 Swing Consistency, 8 Striking Ability.[/b]
[b]Hit shots that look like high fades but I don't think I am blocking the shot.[/b]
[b]Vector LM
SS= 95-97 MPH
LA= 13-15*
Ball Speed=~140 MPH
Spin Rate = 3300-3800 RPM
Side Spin= 1000 RPM[/b]
[b]Carry= 225-235 YDS
Distance=?[/b]

[b]Nice medium to high ball flight yet penetrating and of course, more carry.[/b]
[b]Pushing ball to right. When I look at face of club, sometime I see marks high on face and near heel (not at same time though).[/b]
[b]Low to medium ball flight where ball looks like it's rising and then falls and rolls.[/b]
[b]Southern CA.[/b]
[b]5'9", 200#'s, Athletic with good posture.[/b]
[b]Medium Cadet.[/b]
[b]Ernie Els.[/b]

[b]Someone had mentioned to me that the F6M2 might be too much shaft for my SS. They mentioned that it was too "tip stiff" which in turn causes the handle to become really stiff. I have tried to really get on the shaft by using my right hand more but, that is not my natural swing. I don't know what this really means but, I figure I would bring that to your attention. I just recently acquired a 10.5* Callaway Legacy Tour head and am looking for a shaft that will fit me possibly better.[/b] [b] Even if that means stepping into an R-Flex. There isn't anything wrong with an R-flex, right???

Answer: Try a shorter set up with a proper SW, It should make the club easier to square the face at impact. Definitely need to work on your swing to get a better attack angle and consistency from a better set up driver.
[/b]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joe, I was hoping you could help fit my two drivers. Here's my info, and thanks!

General questionnaire:

[b]2-3 rounds[/b]

[b]5-8 range sessions[/b]
[b]7-8/10 (Driver) 8-9/10 (Irons)[/b]

[b]Ping G15 (10.5 deg, Aldila Serrano 60 gram, stiff, D0 (per Ping website), 45.75, 4.0 torque)[/b]

[b] [/b]

[b]Also[/b]

[b] [/b]

[b]R9 460 (10.5 deg, Proforce V2 66 gram, stiff, ?swing weight, 44.5, 3.0 torque)[/b]

[b]Smooth tempo, medium loader[/b]

[b]Handicap 20, swing consistency is 7-8/10 (Driver) 8-9/10 (Irons), and average striking ability. (I've been taking lessons, and I've been grooving into my new swing which is improving every round I play on the course).[/b]

[b]I hit a mix of baby draws and hooks with my R9 460. I just bought the G15 and am looking to see if this stock shaft is for me, or if there's an aftermarket shaft you can recommend.[/b]

[b]Ping G15 hit on a VectorPro LM.[/b]

[b](SS 97, launch angle 15.4, ball speed 140, spin 3517, descent angle 40.1, side spin 159, side angle 0.3 deg)[/b]

[b] [/b]

[b]R9 460 hit on a VectorPro LM.[/b]

[b](SS 100, launch angle 11.7, ball speed 144, spin 3757, descent angle 35.6, side spin 35, side angle 0.8 deg)[/b]

[b]More control and proper launch angles. Less hooks with my R9. Trying to find out the best shaft setup for these drivers.[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing shots on the face of the club? where?

[b]I tend to push right (right-handed) when I'm not hitting well, and if I miss the sweetspot, the ball usually strikes at the toe of the clubface.[/b]

[b]When playing well, I hit a medium trajectory slight push with baby draw shot. That's my ideal shot, but would be happy if it was a little higher.[/b]

[b]I play in Southern California so usually dry conditions.[/b]

[b]5'8", 162 lb, lean athletic build, mid-posture (not bent over, not too upright), longer torso than legs.[/b]
[b]Medium[/b]

[b]I have no idea. I do have a two plane swing, with a smooth tempo if that helps.[/b]

[b]I also have launch monitor data for a G15 12 deg driver with the stock TFC149D stiff 60 gram shaft with 4.0 torque and 45.75 inch length, if this will help. [/b]

[b](SS 99, launch angle 15.3, ball speed 140, spin 4444, descent angle 43.4, side spin 745, side angle 0.1 deg)[/b]

[b] [/b]
[b]I'm currently looking at the Axivcore series shafts, but am open to recommendations. Let me know if you don't find this LM data helpful. In general I guess I'm wondering if you think I'd benefit from regular or stiff flex, cutting my shafts to 45 inches or 44.5 inches, and if high launch or low launch shafts are better for each of these drivers. Thanks Joe!

Answer: Definitely work on your attack angle to get the spin rate down to a decent # and try a higher kick point shaft and get fitted to get the right specs, especially on lenght to make an easier square at contact point.

[/b]

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

How often you play in a month?[color="#9932cc"] [size="3"][b]8[/b][/size][/color]
How often you practice in a month? [b][size="3"][color="#800080"]6[/color][/size][/b] How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [size="3"][color="#800080"][b]8[/b][/color][/size]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [b][size="3"][color="#800080"]TM Superquad TP 9.5, Graffaloy Epic Tour 75x, 45.5[/color][/size][/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [color="#800080"]Medium to quick tempo, not sure on rest[/color]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [size="3"][color="#800080"]HC 3, consistency 7, Striking is fairly varied...often impact near heal especially with irons.[/color][/size]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [size="3"][color="#800080"]I think i hit it a bit too high with too much backspin, therefore i think I am losing potential distance.[/color][/size]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM....[color="#800080"]Golf Acheiver II : Spin: 3900-4000 SS: 111 +/-3 Distance 285-305 Side spin:varies 200-300 often lauch angle:16-19 Ball speed 155-160[/color]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [size="3"][color="#800080"]bit lower flight, less spin, more roll, more distance and good accuracy...(too much to ask?)[/color][/size]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [color="#9932cc"]Fade or hook...depends i guess on the day. Mostly fade these days[/color]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [size="3"][color="#800080"]It kinda depends on the day, but mostly a bit of a fade...i would prefer a little draw...[/color][/size] 9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [size="3"][color="#800080"]Wisconsin....usually wet, but oftens varies...windy on the courses i play...[/color][/size]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [color="#800080"]6'2" 158 slim, tone, wirery, flexible[/color]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [color="#800080"]Large[/color]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [color="#9932cc"]Rory Macilroy[/color]
13. etc. The more the better it become. [color="#800080"]I think the Epic is in the 80 gram range, and for me is probly a bit heavy, although i like the control and i'm pretty used to it now, but I think i'm losing a lot of potential distance with [color="#9932cc"]the spin.[/color][/color][color="#9932cc"] My ball doesn't look like it spins a ton when i hit it (it doesn't start off low and rise) but there isn't much roll usually. [/color]

Hi
I noticed on one of the other posts that a lot of the pro's are using heavier driver shafts e.g. Stricker 86g UST. Why do they use shafts that "heavy" for their drivers?

I assumed that maybe once the driver was made to a finished length under 44 inches, that the weight of the shaft would be greatly reduced.

I'd be grateful for a reply.

Regards

Pete

P.S. ON THE WGC SHAFT TRIALS, THE VARIATION BETWEEN LIGHTWEIGHT DRIVER SHAFTS TO HEAVY IS OUTSTANDING, AS A RESULT THIS WHOLE AREA OF SHAFT SELECTION HAS ME BAFFLED.

Answer: CONTROL!!!