2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

For you guys asking for a help in picking a shaft!

joey3108

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe, any help is appreciated.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b]10 times[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]1-2[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]7[/b]

Driver fitting questionnaire:

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )[b]Callaway FT3 11 degree, Aldila NVS regular, D1, 45"[/b]

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?[b]Smooth tempo, low load, early release[/b]

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?[b]11hc, consistent, decent ballstriker[/b]

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[b]Would like more distance[/b]

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? [b]No. Don't have access but I have had my swingspedd tested numerous times on different machines and it is always 85-90mph[/b]

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[b]I would like to get a few more yards off the tee.[/b]

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[b]I tend to block the ball on poor swings and hit towards the toe.[/b]

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?[b]Baby draw[/b]

9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[b]Firm fairways. Northern Canada.[/b]

10. Body build and postures? height? etc.[b]5'9", Overweight[/b]

11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.[b]Medium glove[/b]

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?[b]I have a smooth tempo like Els[/b]<br style="">

Answer: I need LM data!

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

First, I'd like to say thank you to Joe for taking all the time to answer these questions. Any help would be much appreciated.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [color="#ff0000"]Right now, twice a month. But during the summer 4-5 times a week[/color]
How often you practice in a month? [color="#ff0000"]Same as playing[/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 (10 being the best )? [color="#ff0000"]Probably 8-8.5[/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) [color="#ff0000"]TaylorMade SuperQuad 9.5, ProLaunch Red 65S, 45", D2[/color]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [color="#ff0000"]Medium to quick tempo, medium to heavy loader[/color]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? [color="#ff0000"]Hdcp: 1, striking ability probably 8-9[/color]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? I wouldn't say my drives are too high, but too much spin makes it balloon instead of flattening out
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM[b]
[/b]

[b] LM Numbers (These are actually for a 9.5 Titleist 910 in neutral A1 setting with 'Ahina 72X [/b]

[color="#ff0000"]SS: 113[/color]

[color="#ff0000"]Ball Speed: 158[/color]

[color="#ff0000"]Launch: 9.6[/color]

[color="#ff0000"]Spin: 3105[/color]

[color="#ff0000"]Carry: 272[/color]

[color="#ff0000"]Total Distance: 283[/color]

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [color="#ff0000"]Higher launch, lower spin[/color]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[color="#ff0000"] I would say I tend to push drives (get stuck) and miss low or a little towards the toe.[/color]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [color="#ff0000"]I'm usually a higher ball hitter, but for some reason, I like hitting slightly lower shots, because I feel it helps me keep it straighter. I prefer a low-ish (10 degree launch) slight draw[/color]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [color="#ff0000"] I'd say I play in all kinds of conditions. I'm from near Philadelphia, PA, but I'm currently in North Carolina for college.[/color]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [color="#ff0000"]Medium build: 6'1", 165 lbs[/color]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [color="#ff0000"]Large[/color]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [color="#8b0000"] [color="#ff0000"]It used to look a lot like Tiger's old swing. Now I'm not really sure.[/color][/color]
13. etc. The more the better it become. [color="#ff0000"]I'm not sure what brand launch monitor I used, but I feel like it might've been a little off. It kept saying I had a 1.38 or 1.39 smash factor, even though I could feel I was hitting the ball in the center of the face almost every time (impact tape also confirmed this). I also am used to realistically averaging 290 (including roll) on the golf course, yet I couldn't hit it further than 285 on the launch monitor even when I pured it. I'm thinking I'll probably need to move from stiff to xstiff. I currently have a tour issued Superdeep 9.8* head, that i'm trying to find a shaft for. I couldn't find shafts with the R9 adapter, which is why I used the Titleist fitting cart to get LM numbers.[/color]

Answer: I'm sure your attack angle play big roll on your spin. No shaft could help you on this issue if you cant fix your attack angle IMO. I would prefer to see you around 11* LA. I would try a mid launch low spin shaft if I were you.

TaylorMade SLDR 10.5˚, Kuro Kage Proto TiNi 70X
TaylorMade R7 TP 17.5˚, GD Prototype Model 902X OR TaylorMade SLDR 17˚ Kuro Kage Black Proto 80X
Titleist 712U 3i, Nippon Modus3 120X
Miura CB-501 (4, 5) & Miura MB-001 (6-PW), Nippon Modus3 120X
Miura Wedge Series 51˚, Nippon Modus3 120X
Fourteen RM-12 56˚, 60˚
Odyssey Tank Cruiser V-Line, Garsen Max

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b][color="#ff0000"]2-3 rounds[/color][color="#ff0000"] a Month right now. 5+ during the Summer[/color]
[/b]How often you practice in a month? [b][color="#ff0000"]About 3 times a week
[/color][/b]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 (10 being the best )? [b][color="#ff0000"]8[/color][/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )
[b][color="#ff0000"]R9 Supertri 9.5*, stock Fujikura Motore 60 Stiff, D4, 45.75"
[/color][/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?
[b][color="#ff0000"]Smooth Tempo & Light Loader. I think this is correct but everyone who I play with says I have a very smooth and natural swing.
[/color][/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?
[color="#ff0000"][b]10 Handicap. Swing consistency is about 8/10
[/b]
[/color]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?
[color="#ff0000"][b]Brand new Driver and just want to get every bit of distance and forgivness out of it. Shaft and weight settings.
[/b]
[/color]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)
I have been on LM just not sure what brand.
[color="#ff0000"][b]Swing Speed: 108 avg.
Launch Angle: 13* avg.
Ball Speed: 155 avg.
Carry Average: 266-270
Spin Rate: 3100-3300 avg.
Swing Path: Outside In. I put a slight cut on the ball.

[/b][/color]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?
[b][color="#ff0000"]Achieve max distance and accuracy w/ shaft and weight settings.
[/color][/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?
[color="#ff0000"][b]If I miss it is becasue I start casting. This tends to make me miss on the heel and hook the ball.

[/b][/color]8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?
[b][color="#ff0000"]Mid Ball flight with a 5-10 yard draw.
[/color][/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?
[b][color="#ff0000"]Used to playing fairly flat course with little to no hills but the occasional mountain course. Central Valley, CA
[/color][/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc.
[b][color="#ff0000"]6 foot with a slight athletic build. about 175 lbs.
[/color][/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.
[b][color="#ff0000"]Medium Size glove.
[/color][/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?
[b][color="#ff0000"]I'd like my swing to be similar to Retief Goosen. I should add that I have an upright swing. My irons are Standard but I learned to play the game on irons that were 2* upright.
[/color][/b]
13. etc. The more the better it become.
[b][color="#ff0000"]With the Supertri I have the shaft set to nutral and the weights are 1-16-1. I put a slight draw on it with a Medium ball flight. My 909D2 lunches higher than the Supertri at about 15* and is about a 260 carry avg. A lower lunching shaft recomendation for my 909 which has the stock Voodoo.

Answer: Try a higher kick point stiffer tip shaft. Bring it down to around 12* LA, the spin should automatically down to below 3000rpm easily.
[/color][/b]

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Joe,

I am 6'3" about 200. I have very long arms and a long smooth swing. I was tested last spring by hotstix, but I dk what monitor he was using. I had a 9* R7 clone with an X shaft (Graffaloy blue) and was swinging over 135 mph consistently and getting 6000+ RPM EVERY time. I had many over 7,500RPM. He didn't have any shaft's stiffer than mine and said I need the stiffest shaft I could find and a lower lofted club, but he wasn't a long drive guy. I have always hit the ball very high. I have been working on my swing a lot since than and know it is much faster (140+) but can't afford to get tested. I shoot in the low 80's on a good day, my swing is good, my short game is not. I would say I swing a bit like Ernie Els but I have very good flexibility so I take it back till the club is pointing at the ground, like Sadlowski. When I miss hit I usually hit it on the toe I think. I have a large glove size. If you want I can also email a short video of my swing.

Thanks so much for any help!
Mark

Answer: please fill up the questionnaire and give me the current LM data with the club you like to fix or buy.

• 2 weeks later...

This is awesome!!

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b]10[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]2[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]8[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [b]8.5, Motore f1 65g, stock swing weight?, 45" (switching to a Diablo Octane Tour)[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b]Qucik tempo and Heavy Load
[/b]3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [b]Scratch, 8, I hit it solid [/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b]Want to pound it..nothing inherently wrong..just switching drivers
[/b]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]More carry
[/b]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b]Tend to hook it
[/b]8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b]High Draw
[/b]9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]AVg. (New England )
[/b]10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [b]Athletic, 6', 175 lbs [/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]Large
[/b]12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [b]Dustin Johnson
[/b]13. etc. The more the better it become.

Thanks!!

Answer: I need LM data please!

In the Summer i play 20-25 times a month and practice 20 or so (Im only 19) 1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [b]Taylormade Burner 09 10.5* . Aldila NV 65 S. 46 inches and i think its around D3 (I might be switching to the Adams 9064 or the Ping G15 soon though)[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b]I have a medium tempo (closer to smooth i would say) I take it back smoothly and have a fairly quick transition on the down[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [b]HCP -5. I would say right now im about a 8.5 on consistency. The Driver is a weaker club but i usually hit it fairly well[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b]Looking for something new. Its been through a lot. I also think the spin is just a tad high. I think I could be leaving yards out there[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM? [b]Ping's inFlight system. and Yes.[/b]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [b]I like to miss right and i want to keep it that way. I also would like to lower the spin a bit[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b]I miss with a fade. I like to play it straight and if anything else a 2 yd draw. If i miss anywhere on the face, it is the toe[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b]Medium trajectory and pretty straight[/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]St. Louis MO.[/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [b]5,7. 150[/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [b]Medium[/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [b]I like Anthony Kims swing[/b]
[b]LM numbers with the current set up[/b][b] Launch - 13-14*[/b][b] Spin - 3100 ish[/b][b] SS- 98[/b][b] BS - I will say around 145 ish[/b][b]I swing In to In when i play well. and I definitley hit up on the ball.

Answer: Your spins tells me that you have a slight steep angle of attack. Fix this one, you should be find if you can brake 3000rpm or lower.
[/b]

Hey Joe!

Any help would be appreciated. Looking to change out shaft in Superfast. Looking for something heavier that might help with accuracy/striking.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 2-3 times a week during the season.
How often you practice in a month? 2 times a week, all year round
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. Lob-8 = 9i, 7i-6i 6, 5i-Driver 5

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) Superfast 10.5°, Stock X-Con Stiff shaft butt cutt 1" (no swing weight adjustment) with Iomic Sticky & 1 additional wrap.

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Quicker tempo, tend to be a heavy loader. Transition can be violent at times.

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? Handicap is an estimated 12. Driver swing consistency is around a 5 on a 1-10 scale. Striking ability in a contact sense is good, direction and launch are the inconsistencies.

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Miss with driver is a big block or a toe hook. Not a big slicing or overdraw issues. Distance is good, outside of the toe hooks obviously.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b]

[u]Club Speed Ball Velocity Launch Angle Spin Carry Total Deviation[/u]

110.58 155.6 8.7 2846 207.1 228.8 4.3L

108.06 162.1 9.7 2494 223.4 246.9 16.1L

108.49 162.7 10.0 2544 228.1 252.1 10.9L

107.41 161.1 7.7 2344 207.2 229 11.3L

I am a lefty so L would mean a block or slice. Launch monitor info done at Golf Galaxy doing one of their fittings.

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Better accuracy, contact.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Big block or toe hook. Miss shots towards the toe, up and down on the face.

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? A good strike with the driver I hit a small push or straight draw.
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? St. Louis. Courses have a lot of elevation changes for the most part. Most all zoysia fairways, fescue rough.

10. Body build and postures? height? etc. 5'-8" 175, good posture, good athletic set-up to the ball.

11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. Medium, don't use one.

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? There is no one on tour that my swing looks like. If I had a swing to model it would be Sean O'Hair or Justin Rose, just the left handed equivalent.

13. etc. The more the better it become. Launch monitor numbers were from a bad day. Had been swinging terribly and done in the winter. Everything I was hitting from an 8i-down was a push that week. From other times having my swing checked, club head speed looks consistent to where I am at, contact was terrible that day and launch was probably worse than normal.

I have a negative angle of attack (do not have any trackman numbers to validate this). Ball flight with current driver is lower and get a ton of roll. When I strike the ball well it will rise well however, it is usually a lower flight. I use a driver 4 times a round because I do not have confidence in it. I would like to hit something a little bit heavier/shorter to help with the control allowing me to possibly hit it more in a round.

Driver is by far my worst club, strength are full wedges through 8i. I hit those about as solid as anyone I know.

Answer: definitely re adjust the swingweight properly first and you will need at least a soft X flex. A heavier shaft may give you a better control.

In search of solid contact...

• 4 weeks later...

[size="2"]General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [/size][size="2"][color="#0000ff"]3 to 4 times a month[/color]
How often you practice in a month?[color="#0000ff"] 4 to 6 range sessions a month[/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? [color="#0000ff"]7 or 8[/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [color="#0000ff"]Titleist 905 D2 9.5* open to 1*, stiff Matrix Ozik Code-6 standard length[/color]
[/size][size="2"]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? [color="#0000ff"]Heavy or light loader? smooth back swing, heavy downswing load[/color]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [color="#0000ff"]I am a 10 handicap, 8-9 striking ability[/color]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? pushing a lot of drives.[/size][size="2"][color="#0000ff"] I get a low pentrating ball flight and I do get a lot of run after the ball lands but I'd rather hit the fairway more if a shaft change will help me be more consistent?
[/color]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? [color="#0000ff"]LM numbers from vectorpro. [/color][/size][size="2"][color="#0000ff"]Swing Speed 100 to 105, [/color][/size][size="2"][color="#0000ff"]balls speed in the 150's[/color][/size][size="2"][color="#0000ff"]Launch 12 to 13, [/color][/size][size="2"][color="#0000ff"]Spin 2200 to 2800, [/color][/size][size="2"][color="#0000ff"]carry 240 to 255.
[/color]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [color="#0000ff"]I want a bit higher but still perntrating ball flight if this will add distance and more consistant. I don't care much about workability with my driver. I want it as straight as possible but not ballooning. [/color][/size][size="2"]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [color="#0000ff"]I hit the club in the center of the face, my miss is when i swing out to inside and hitting the toe.[/color][/size]
[size="2"]8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [color="#0000ff"]When playing well I hit a 10 yard draw[/color][/size] [size="2"]9. What type of course condition you are playing most? [color="#0000ff"]Where are you from? I live is Vegas - dry 95% of the time, so lots of roll. that wht i thought the low launch was the right idea
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. I am 5'10", I weight 180, athletic build[/color][/size]
[size="2"]11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [color="#0000ff"]Cadet XL[/color][/size]
[size="2"]12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [color="#0000ff"]Rickie Fowler

Answer: I don't see 12-13 LA is to low IMO, Yea i can see 13 probably the best. do you use at least a midsize grip? for better control. play around with tee height and position, see if it help.
[/color][/size]

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [color="#800080"]5-6 times during the summer
[/color]How often you practice in a month? probably [color="#800080"]8 times
[/color]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [color="#800080"]Around 7-8
[/color]
1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ). [color="#800080"]9 Degree Ping G10, Prolaunch Red Stiff, D3.2, Length 45.5" (this was measured at an actual loft of closer to 10 degrees)
[/color]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [color="#800080"]Fairly quick tempo and a heavy loader
[/color]3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [color="#800080"]Handicap, UK +1 (striking ability - irons 9, driver 4)
[/color]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[color="#800080"] Feel's too long, low launch, can't feel the club in my backswing
[/color]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM? [color="#800080"]Trackman. Swing speed 116mph, Ball speed around 168-170, Launch angle 9 degrees, spin 3500
[/color]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [color="#800080"]Higher launch, tighter dispersion, lower spin
[/color]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [color="#800080"]Big block or pull hook. Very inconsistent
[/color]8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [color="#800080"]Pretty straight, slight draw or fade
[/color]9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [color="#800080"]Live in Scotland, mainly play inland courses but do venture to the coast to play links golf often (tournaments etc.). I feel 10 degree launch and 2600spin would be optimal for the conditions I play in
[/color]10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [color="#800080"]Slim build, 5ft 9", 155lbs
[/color]11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [color="#800080"]Mens small glove[/color])
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [color="#800080"]No clue at the moment, used to be Sergio but am certainly steeper into the ball than he is
[/color]13. etc. The more the better it become. [color="#800080"]I was considering a 909D2 9.5 degree with a Voodoo X flex shaft. I play Mizuno MP62 irons with Project X 6.5 shafts and like the flight off these.
[/color]
Thanks so much, very much apprecaited

Answer, Definitely need to be shorten and re adjust swing weight properly by hotmelting. Try an X flex mid launch low spin shaft.

[b]Need help to buy a new shaft for my [color="#2e8b57"]G15 10.5 driver[/color] (w/ stock TFC shaft Stiff)[/b]
-price does not matter in choosing a shaft
-where I live, there are no fitters or L.monitors....so I appreciate ANY advice on a great shaft...

How often you play in a month? [color="#ff0000"]20 rounds[/color]
How often you practice in a month? [color="#ff0000"]every day[/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? [color="#ff0000"]5[/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [color="#ff0000"]stock G15 (stiff TFC shaft, 10.5)[/color]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [color="#ff0000"]quick tempo, heavy loader[/color]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?[color="#ff0000"] HC=11, 7[/color], [color="#ff0000"]middle to toe[/color]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [color="#ff0000"]swing is so fast its flaring the shaft open...[/color]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before?[color="#ff0000"] no (none here)[/color]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [color="#ff0000"]lower LA, lower spin, more distance...[u]tighter dispersion[/u][/color]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? [color="#ff0000"]slice[/color] Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? [color="#ff0000"]no[/color] where?[color="#ff0000"]n/a[/color]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?
9. What type of course condition you are playing most?[color="#ff0000"]windy [/color]Where are you from?[color="#ff0000"]hawaii[/color]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc.[color="#ff0000"] 6'0" medium build' age 41,in good shape[/color]
11. What is your glove size?[color="#ff0000"]large [/color]need size estimate even if you don't use glove.
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? [color="#ff0000"]partners say I swing like ELS[/color],at least who do you like it to be?

[i][b]Thankyou for any advice you can give,[/b][/i]
you can email me at [color="#0000ff"][email protected][/color] or respond here-
Sean

Answer: I need LM data!

[size=3][color=#696969][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]King LTD Pro 8.5* Rogue 60X[/font][/i][/font][/color][/size]
[color=#696969][size=3][i][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70[/font][/i][/size][/color]
[color=#696969][size=3][i][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* Motore Speeder 865X[/font][/i][/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#696969][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][i]Titleist 716 CB 4-PW DG AMT X100
SM6 52*08F, 56*10S, 60*04L S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser V-Line
Titleist Pro V1x[/i][/font][/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='joey3108' timestamp='1120193587' post='12755']
Hi you all!
[b][color="#ff0000"]
This post are sponsor by [url="http://edhsport.com/htm/golf/clubfitting.php"]FLIGHTSCOPE[/url]! ( One of the best golf Launch Monitor in the market ).[/color][/b]

I've noticed a lot of you guys asking for a help in picking up the shaft. However, a lot of you guys didn't give us enough detail info on your swing and existing shaft set up. We will be able to help you much better if you can provide us as much as possible info:

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month?4-5
How often you practice in a month?2-3 times a week
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? 8 It won't matter good or bad consistency.

1. What is the club existing set up? 10.5 VooDoo R60 45 in d-1
2. What type of swinger are you Smooth, Davis Love III tempo, light loader 3. What is your handicap (8) and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? 9 where is your striking ability? mid high ?
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Too high and no roll out
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? Yes What brand of LM Not sure, GolftecH [color="#0000ff"](flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)[/color]?[color="#0000ff"] 94 mph 14 degrees 150's 4500 I think [b][color="#ff0000"]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b][/color]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? better load, distance
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Hook.Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Toe
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Slight draw, would like a straight of fade
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Dry Where are you from? So Cal
10. Body build and postures? 5'11" 200lbs 60 yrs old
11. What is your glove size? Med need size estimate even if you don't use glove.
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? DLIII at least who do you like it to be?

Thanks, Ray

Answer: Definitely need to work on the attack angle to shallow it down. You'll be surprise what the spins will be.

Callaway XR16 Fuji 60
TM M2 3 wood
King Cobra F6 5 wood
Titleist 816 H1 21 hybrid
Wilson Staff V6 Forged 5-GW
Mizuno T7 56
Evnroll ER1

Joe, I need your help.

Here's my launch trackman numbers:

9.0 Ping G15 Axivcore red 69 stiff 45.75"

Club Speed: 113
AOA: -5.4
Ball Speed: 164
Launch: 10.6
Spin: 4178
Carry: 257
Total: 271

9.0 Ping G15 Axivcore red 69 x-stiff 45.75"

Club Speed: 112
AOA: -5.8
Ball Speed: 159
Launch: 12.1
Spin: 3301
Carry: 253
Total: 274

I'm 5'11" 200 lbs(muscular build), I have a mid-fast tempo, I'm a 13 handicap, driving and putting is the weakest part of my game, I'm a good ball striker with the irons. I play in PA.

I have two drivers at home. I only been able to swing each setup only once due to weather. Which do you think is a better setup for my swing?

10.5 Cleveland Launcher 2009 GD 75 YSQ X 44.5" Winn Lite Grip D6 Swing Weight

or

9.0 Ping G15 75 Prolaunch Platinum S 44.5" New Decade Grip D4 Swing Weight

Both shafts tipped according to manufacturer specs.

Thanks for your input.

Matt

ANSWER: LM numbers tells me that you need to check your attack angle to get shallower for a better spin rate. Shorter set up lenght might help you to achieve that automatically. X flex numbers is a better number definitely, just need to go down on your spin rpm to a 2500 or slightly below. Neither of the two is the right set up IMO.

Hi Joe,

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 12-15 times a month
How often you practice in a month? 20 times a month
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? 6, consistant, does not mean great swing :)

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )
a)TM superdeep 9.5, fujikura motore F1 65 stiff, taylormade tp.
b)TM supertri 10.5 TP fujikura motore F1 65 stiff, taylormade tp.
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? quick tempo ------>Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? heavy I think
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? 19
where is your striking ability? rith with my handicap
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?
Got fitted and was told that the superdeep is to low spin, my shaft too light ( I'm a big guy, 6'2", 260) and that I get down on the ball dure to swing flaw. ( Which I agree with)
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)?
Club head speed 92.2 mph
Ball speed 128 mph
launch angle 11.1 degrees
spin rate 4161 rpm.....(too high due to steep swing)
average distance 198.6 yards
aveage total yards 214.5 yards
( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST!
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?
Higher launch for more distance.
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good?
a) Pull the shot left, or hit right, with a fade or it goes low or popup. about 30 % of the time, the rest of the time it's center, but not long, cary 190 on good days.
Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?
sometimes toe hit.
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?
Center with a very little draw.
Eastern NC, Raleigh area. Good golf course conditions.
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6'2" 260, 54 years old, bend spine, not erected.
XL-XXL
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? none or he died startving.
at least who do you like it to be? Ernie Els

My fitter recommend that I use a 10.5 driver, R11 or supertri, with a 80+ g shaft, light stiff (did not know that exist), that I have too much side spin both side on sampled swings.
That I use remove my 13 fairway (TM R9 TP fairway wood, 75 G motore TM tp shaft stiff) and buy a 19 (5) wood with a light stiff shaft but heavier. and that I remove my TM R9 rescue (3) 17 degree, vodoo stiff sv58 for TM.

What I did was to put one of the motore 70, stiff on a spare TM supertri, and my 3 wood shaft (motore stiff) on my rescue head, seem to work fine so far, played only once.

Answer: where is the LM number coming from? Which driver?
Just looking at the number, You just need to fix your swing to be more shallow at impact, not club. May be might need a higher loft to bring it up to a 14*-15* LA.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [size="4"][u][b]8[/b][/u][/size]
How often you practice in a month? [size="4"][u][b]4[/b][/u][/size]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? [b][size="4"]8[/size]
[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [size="4"][u][b]R11, 9* (adjusted to 10*), Stiff Flex, D4, 45.75"[/b][/u][/size]

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [u][b][size="4"]Quick Tempo, Heavy Load[/size][/b][/u]

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [u][b][size="4"]7, I strike the sweet spot very consistently

[/size][/b][/u] 4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [size="4"][u][b]Low launching

[/b][/u][/size] 5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [u][b][size="4"]Trackman 95.3 mph club head speed, 10 vertical angle, 138.9 ball speed, 2723 spin rate, 0.4 club path, -2.9 angle of attack, 9.2 spin axis, 195.2 carry, 230.0 total, 9.7 right, 4.59 flight time.[/size][/b][/u]

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [u][b][size="4"]Higher launch, more distance.[/size][/b][/u]

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b][u][size="4"]Slice, strong fade. Miss on the heel of club face.[/size][/u][/b]

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [u][b][size="4"]Straight, small fade or small draw[/size][/b][/u]

9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [u][b][size="4"]Public courses, calm wind, currently high 60's low 70's but that will go up to the mid 90's to 100's in the summer. Lots of trees so hitting straight is very important.[/size][/b][/u]

10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [size="4"][u][b]5'9 , 160lbs, average build, but am now working out to build muscle.
[/b][/u][/size]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [u][b][size="4"]Medium[/size][/b][/u]

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?[u][b][size="4"] I honestly do not know, I start off very smooth as I take the club back, i rotate my body about 90* and just have a strong swing down and attack the ball.

[/size][/b][/u] 13. etc. The more the better it become.

[u][b][size="4"]I was fitted for the R11, but they did not really have any options for shafts. I would like an aftermarket shaft it will increase my accuracy, launch angle and side spin.

[/size][/b][size="4"]Answer: It looks like you need a higher loft with a mid launch low spin shaft.
[/size][/u]

Thanks.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b]15-20[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]5[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]6/7[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )[b] 905R 7.5 loft, made for titleist speeder 757 x flex, 45 in, [/b]

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?[b]Quick tempo, low load, early release[/b]

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?[b]3 hc, consistent, decent ballstriker[/b]

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[b] I hit the ball too high. Have had that problem with most setups. I Usually go with low loft and a stiff or x flex in a stock shaft. Usually around 65 grams. I want to lower my ball flight and gain more distance. [/b]

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? [b]Yes, all they did was explain to me my nimbers and try to sell me a club. SS 105+[/b]

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[b]Distance and a better trajectory.[/b]

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?Hooker, I am a hooker, all the time. My irons are usually thin on misses and on the toe.

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Draw.

9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[b]Firm fairways, southeastern colorado[/b]

10. Body build and postures? height? 6'5, 225, athletic

11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.[b]XL[/b]

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Ernie Els (My swing does not look like his)

I am looking at getting an R11, and am willing to pay for the proper setup. I just don't know what shaft I should be looking at for me. Thanks and any advice is appreciated.

Answer: I need a more detail number to be able to tell what you need.

Joe, Please Help, you are the man!

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 4-6[b] times[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]2-4[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]8[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )[b] Adams Speedline 9.5 Hotmelted 44.75" GD Tour AD MD-7X Tipped 1" FRQ 275 D1 I like my Drivers light. I feel I cannot get the speed with a D4 or D5[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Middle [b]Smooth tempo Very late release, Heavy load. [/b]

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? 8-9 consistent 1 HCP and I hit 1.5 Smash on most Drivers with Trackman. Very Solid hitter. I hit up on the ball...Think Bubba or Phil Mickelson...Higher Smash guys 4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Lower Spin, but slightly higher launch. Maybe a 10.5 Lower spin head with a different Shaft? Oban Kiyoshi?? 5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? [b]YES Last Weekend[/b]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[b] Tight Dispersion and more Carry less lefts! [/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[b]I tend to block the ball on poor swings and hit towards the heel or bottom of the face...AS I hit up on it +3 - 4 DEGREES.[/b]

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?[b]Baby draw or Straight ball[/b]

9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Softer generally unless heat of summer Charlotte NC 10. Body build and postures? height? etc.[b]5'8", 165 In decent shape.[/b]

11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.[b]Medium Cadet glove[/b]

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?[b] Scott Piercy or JJ Henry I do not take it back to Parallel. Or Sergio with new swing...3/4 ish[/b] [b]13. I play Callaway X Forged 2009 Model Project X Flighted 6.5 Std Length, 2 Up right. Weird I know being 5' 8" but i did a dynamic fit on lie board and that was it.[/b] [b]Trackman Data: Good hit with Driver +3 Angle of Attack, Dynamic Loft 13.2, 112 SS, 167.5 BS, 1.50 Smash, 11.8 Launch, +1.0 Horiz Angle, 2559 spin
281 Carry, 309.8 total[/b] [b]6 Iron: -4.7 angle of attack 23.1 dynamic loft -1.3 face angle 130.6 BS, 92.5 SS, 1.41 Smash, 7113 Spin, 185 Carry 191 Total -1.7 L Side

Answer: I don't see anything wrong to far from ideal base on your LM numbers on your driver...your iron is way to high and to much spin. Ideally need to be 15* ish on LA with 6000rpm on 6 iron.
[/b]

Hi Joe, Thanks for the help! Dave R. Here, 49 yo, 6-4" tall, 260ish
[b][color="#ff0000"]
This post are sponsor by [url="http://edhsport.com/htm/golf/clubfitting.php"]FLIGHTSCOPE[/url]! ( One of the best golf Launch Monitor in the market ).[/color][/b]

I've noticed a lot of you guys asking for a help in picking up the shaft. However, a lot of you guys didn't give us enough detail info on your swing and existing shaft set up. We will be able to help you much better if you can provide us as much as possible info:

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 6 -7 times weather permitting
How often you practice in a month? 2-4 times
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. Consistency 8 (9 handicap)

I'm presently playing callaway X-20 tours proj X 6.0 flighted, +1" length. Shafts are too stiff, tested at regular shaft on 'zuno optimizer (Proj x 5.0, KBS reg, DG reg)
I'm looking for light weight, low to mid trajectory. Hit 7 iron 145-150 yrds
Iron fitting Questionnaire:

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Reg lie
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! see above
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine? No
4. How do you hit them so far? Consistency pretty good, just little feel
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? Looking for more feel and distance
6. What do you like to see on your ball flight? Mid flight, no ballooning with shorter irons - Proj x rifles worked well at that
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? mid-high trajectory, slight fade
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? Most mistakes are right except for pulled wedges. missed on club face tend to be hosel side.
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? High ball
10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? Mid 80's swing speed, 5 iron goes 165-170
11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players 33 inches
12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players 38 inches
13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. XL
14. How tall are you? 6' 4"
15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? shallow
16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? Stewart Cink
17. What is your handicap index? From? 9.9 pretty consistent last 5 years
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing? smooth, meduim tempo

Bare in mind, No shaft is better than the one fit your swing profile...No matter what the cost is!!!

IMHGO Exotic shafts have a very distinctive feel and character and they have a tighter quality control. So if you ask me to copy a certain set up that you like, It's most likely easier for me to get it from a better quality controlled shafts. Some feel player can only go w/ a certain brand due to these feel and character.

NO! I'm not crazy to fit some one w/ an exotic expensive shaft only, even though i'm more comfortable working w/ them. I'm very open minded limited to what i know only of course ( Usually on popular brands only ). I will do my best to give every body enough options to chose from. To many shaft brand out there, i can't keep up...So i only try to keep up w/ the popular one only.

So help us to make our job easier and more effective to help you.

Thanks a million!

Regards,
Joe Kwok :pimp:

ps: If I missed anything here, any body can help me to add some comment THX!

[color="#800080"][b]Disclaimer:
To whom it may concern, Please do not copy my questionnaire nor modified with the same core. I hope we can set a high standard code of ethic and respect.[/b][/color]
[size="5"][color="#ff8c00"]
[b]For you who need help directly from me by email or PM, please read this post first:[/b][/color][/size]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41987&hl"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?sh...ic=41987&hl[/url]

[u][i]Hi you all,

I've been meaning to post this for a while now, but I was having a
hard time on how I have to put the words together to make sure you all
understand my good intention. Trust me, I really want to make every body happy as much as I can.

As you guys all know I've been trying my best to answer all questions you have regarding club fitting, shaft character, modification, etc...I will definitely continue to do so. So far I have no problem up to this point, however I can see the trend is on the up slope.

As most of you know, I am involved with this site in taking
care of some of the operation of it. Also I have a heavy work load ( not only
on clubs but emails and PM ) and also not to forget that taking care
of my family is my 1st priority. I've come to realize that I have a
lot of PM and emails that aren't productive and steal my precious time
not to be able to serve you who really need my attention and who spend
money & time w/ me for my expertise & service. Don't get me wrong
here, if I do have time I would love to answer all your question and
even talk BS w/ you guys. I'm sure my long time customers and friends knows how I am on this. :)

So what I'm trying to do on this post is to make members understand
that if I haven't or can't answer any one of you who send me PM or
Email...I'm busy working to serve my friends and customers at my best
for what they've paid me for. IMO it's not fair if I have to reduce my
attention to those who are willing to pay me to get their stuff done fast and correctly.

So I beg you guy who just need to ask some questions to just post it
here on clubmakers folder or domestic folder and let some of the
members help you w/ your question, and yes I will try to monitor them
as much as I can to correct or give another opinion for you to understand more.

Of course, I'm encouraging you who are really serious and need my
service to email me at [url="http://jwk%[email protected]/"][email protected][/url] and Yes! most of you who got my phone number can call me during my phone fitting/consultation hours to discuss your needs
effectively. Please state clearly on your email or PM your
seriousness to get help through my service, so this way I can see what
and who that I need to put them in a high priority to answer.

Every body who knows me knows that I love talking about golf and every
aspect of it, but yet I should not forget to see clearly what is the priority. So I hope you understand if your email or PM took me a while to answer your question/s or if I may not be able to answer it at all in the future. I personally apologize in advance if I do so.

Thanks for your attention and Happy Golfing!

Cheers!
Joe Kwok :) [/i][/u]
[/quote]

Answer: I need LM data to be able to help.

Joe,

I would really like your opinion. I have not been fitted for a driver shaft in a long time. I liked heavier, stiffer tipped drivers in the past but would be open anything you recommend

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month?[color="#ff0000"] I play probably 5+ times a month, more in the summer.[/color]
How often you practice in a month?[color="#ff0000"] I try to practice at least once a week if not more[/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.
[color="#ff0000"]Swing Consistency is probably a 7-8 right now[/color]

[color="#ff0000"]I am hitting 909D3 8.5 degree w/ x-stiff motore F-3, at 44.5", shafts weighs 78g[/color]

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?
[color="#ff0000"]I have a quick tempo and a heavy loader [/color]

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?
[color="#ff0000"]Used to be +4, probably scratch now, strike the ball very solid probably an 8 on a scale 1-10[/color]

[color="#ff0000"]Shaft just does not have a good feel, seems like I lost distance with it also[/color]

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM.
[color="#ff0000"]Yes I have it has been some time ago. Last time club head speed was 125-128, ball speed some where near 170. I have a very steep swing so I tend to have high spin rates just don't remember the numbers, yet I have a low penetrating ball flight

[/color]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?
[color="#ff0000"]A little more distance without increasing driver length by more than 1"[/color]

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?
[color="#ff0000"]Mostly hooks, and more off the toe.[/color]

[color="#ff0000"]A lower Penetrating ball flight[/color]

[color="#ff0000"]I play in Tennessee[/color]

10. Body build and postures? height? etc
[color="#ff0000"]Average body build, 6'[/color]
[color="#ff0000"]I wear a medium to medium Large[/color]

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?
I really don't have any idea. I like Rory's and Anthony Kim's

Answer: Sorry, I can't help with LM data.

Joe,

I would like a recommendation for a driver shaft. I really like my current set up, but am looking for something with a higher launch to have a good option depending on the day. Thank you.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [color="#0000ff"]5 or more times per month[/color]
How often you practice in a month? [color="#0000ff"]twice per week[/color]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.
[color="#0000ff"]My swing consistency is 7-8, but drops off the harder I swing[/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) [color="#0000ff"]
Callaway FT-5, 10 degrees, Diamana Blue 63, stiff, 45.5 inches[/color]

[color="#0000ff"]I get my best results when I use a smooth tempo, but the Blueboard allows me to crank on it too. [/color]

[color="#0000ff"]I am a 14, the short game is my issue, I feel the swing is pretty consistent 8, my irons are pretty consistent[/color]

[color="#0000ff"]I am looking for the same dispersion and consistency with a higher ball flight[/color]

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM.
[color="#0000ff"]I have been to the local PGA Superstore, ball speed maxed out at 150[/color]

[color="#0000ff"]Higher ball flight while maintaining tight dispersion and stability. (Note: I recently tested out a GD YS-6+ stiff, the ball flignt was perfect, but consistency and dispersion were a miss unless I slowed down and became[u] really [/u]smooth. )[/color]

[color="#0000ff"]With the Blueboard there is a rare slice and sometimes off the toe, other shafts will slice[/color]

[color="#0000ff"]for the driver, it is a mid to low ball flight[/color]

[color="#0000ff"]Texas
[/color]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc
[color="#0000ff"]Average body, 5'8'', 165[/color]
[color="#0000ff"]Medium[/color]

[color="#0000ff"]i am afraid to see my swing on camera, how about Freddy Couples[/color]

Answer: I need LM data please!

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b][color="#ff0000"]2-3 times[/color][/b]
How often you practice in a month?[b]2-3 times[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.[b] 8[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )[b] 9.5 superfast tp , 45in fubuki 73x[/b]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?[b] medium tempo medium load[/b]
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?[b]3 handicap. When I am swinging good pretty consistent. I used to play scratch golf for 8 years but I stopped playing for 2 because of back problems and started up again 7 months ago[/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b]not getting as much roll as I used to[/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? ( [b]ss 113, Didn't write down ball speed, launch angle 14, spin 3500-3600[/b]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[b] More roll which would equall more yards[/b]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b]miss hits are pushed to the right with toe hits sometimes[/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b]5 yard power fade or baby draw .I prefer a medium ball flight. I like to work the ball a little depending on where I play but my natual shot is the power fade[/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [b]San diego[/b]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc.[b]5'9, try to have athletic stance[/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.[b] medium large[/b]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [b]Used to be told I look alot like olazabel but I really have no clue[/b]

[b]Just trying to get a few recommendations on shafts to try . I avg 280 off tee and I used to always get it to 300 atleast half the time and I hardly ever see that anymore. I really love the Superfast and do not plan on switching drivers I just know there has to be a shaft to help me out I just don't know much about shafts

Answer: YOu might want to try a lower loft with same set up shaft>
[/b]

[color="#ff0000"][b]THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!:clapping:

[/b][/color]General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month?[color="#008000"][b] 9[/b][/color]
How often you practice in a month? [b][color="#008000"]5[/color]
[/b]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [color="#008000"][b]8[/b]
[/color]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [color="#008000"][b]8.5*, Callaway Tour RAZR Stock Stiff Aldila RIP ( I think it was 60g) 45.5"[/b][/color]
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b][color="#008000"]smooth tempo, medium loader[/color]
[/b]3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [b][color="#008000"]HDCP 1.7, 8 consistency, Striking consistency 7[/color][/b]
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? [b][color="#008000"]I feel like I spin the ball way too much (not much roll out ) and hit it fairly high normally. Always looking for more consistency/distance[/color][/b]
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"]flightscope[/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [color="#008000"][b]Trackman readings: SS 107 mph, Launch 13.5, ball speed 156 mph, spin rate 3750, swing path slight over the top, attack angle -1*, Side spin was not read[/b][/color], [color="#008000"][b]Carry distance was average 278 yards with total 321 (they had the conditions set up quite firm!)[/b][/color]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [color="#008000"][b]Less spin more distance and tight dispersion with consistent flight[/b][/color]
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b][color="#008000"]Normal miss is a fade and more often my mishits are nearer the heal[/color][/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b][color="#008000"]I would like to have a fairly straight flight, whatever i can control i suppose. I don't mind a slight fade but wouldn't complain if I had a bit of a draw that could roll out a bit more.[/color][/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [color="#008000"][b]From around Green Bay, wisconsin so courses tend to be fairly wet for the majority of the season and not often do we get firm conditions.[/b][/color]
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [b][color="#008000"]6' 2" 160 LBS slim and athletic...posture is good[/color][/b]
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [color="#008000"][b]Glove size is Large to Med-large[/b][/color]
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [b][color="#008000"]Adam acott as far as Right elbow position, tempo, and back swing length (I'm Right Handed btw)[/color][/b]
13. etc. The more the better it become. [color="#008000"][b]Right now my current set up is the Cobra S2 8.5 with the Oban Devotion 7, 05 Flex (x stiff) untipped and plays at 45"

Answer: You need a high kick stiff tip low spin shaft S flex and check your attack angle to get it to ideal spin rate too. Shorter set up might be easier to get the attack angle to an ideal angle< at least closer to ideal.
[/b][/color]

1. Do you have a dynamic fitting before? lie angle?
[list][*]Yes, 2* upright, standard length[/list] 2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please!
[list][*]Nippon 1100 GH / Diablo Forged / All standard specs[/list] 3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?
[list][*]Yes, but only for a driver. Trackman fitting - 85mph clubhead speed, 111 mph ball speed, 4900 spin. 150 carry / 160 total. 1.9 attack angle[/list] 4. How do you hit them so far?
[list][*]I hit my irons pretty good. All my shots are either in the sweet spot or fat. I rarely hit it thin[/list] 5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?
[list][*]Looking to get new shafts, if anything can increase distance or dispersion. My shots are all over the place.[/list] 6. What do you like to see on your ball flight?
[list][*]Mid/high trajectory[/list] 7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?
[list][*]Mid / High with a small draw[/list] 8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where?
[list][*]Left side, I tend to pull the ball or have a big hook. I rarely have a problem with the sweet spot.[/list] 9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?
[list][*]High ball hitter[/list] 10. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )?
[list][*]I don't have 5 iron specs but if it can be based off 6 iron... my specs are above. 160 total distance from trackman (on the field results are different but I use a phone GPS to track, I get about 170). My swing speed is 85mph and carry is 150 based off trackman.[/list] 11. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
[list][*]33"[/list] 12. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
[list][*]35.5*[/list] 13. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.
[list][*]Medium[/list] 14. How tall are you?
[list][*]5'9[/list] 15. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker?
[list][*]Shallow divot[/list] 16. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?
[list][*]Paul Casey[/list] 17. What is your handicap index? From?
[list][*]14.6 USGA[/list] 18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How good is your shaft load factor on your down swing?
[list][*]Quick tempo, strong load and hard down swing[/list]Answer: I can only think one think to help you get longer here. Lighter shaft but higher kick point.

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [/size][/color][color="#4169E1"][size="2"]Titleist 909 D2 with Diamana Blue Board Made for Titleist 65 gram, 10.5 Degree[/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [/size][/color][color="#4169E1"][size="2"]Smooth, heavy loader, about a 100 mph swing speed with deriver (look up Casey Gilligan Swing on youtube for my swing video)[/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? [/size][/color][color="#4169E1"][size="2"]2.1 GHIN, 8 consistency [/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[/size][/color][color="#4169E1"][size="2"] too high of spin and too high of launch, not stiff enough[/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM [/size][/color][color="#4169E1"][size="2"]no, and no [/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? [/size][/color][color="#4169E1"][size="2"]lower launch, lower spin, but as forgiving as current set up.[/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [/size][/color][color="#4169E1"][size="2"]High Fade, or huge draw (not necessarily a hook but a big draw)[/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [/size][/color][color="#4169E1"][size="2"]Slight Draw, very high and spinny ball flight[/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? [/size][/color][color="#4169E1"][size="2"]Mixture of damp, and dry, mostly dry in the summer, Cincinnati Ohio[/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]10. Body build and postures? height? etc. [/size][/color][color="#4169E1"][size="2"]5'9" 133 lbs, athletic [/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. [/size][/color][color="#4169E1"][size="2"]Medium [/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [/size][/color][color="#4169E1"][size="2"]Anthony Kim[/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]13. etc. The more the better it become. [/size][/color][color="#4169E1"][size="2"]Just need a basis on which shaft to get it seems there are so many out there, don't necessarily want to spend a lot of dough, I need more distance this backspin stuff in the fairway is killing me....

Answer: Need LM data to help.
[/size][/color]

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month?
8 to12

How often you practice in a month?
5-8

7-10 with the driver. better for irons

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* in D2 setting. Aldila RIP 60 Stiff alpha. standard Titleist length. 7 gram weight

smooth but a bit inside. steep angle of attack. good balance, dont rotate my hips a whole lot due to left knee injury

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability
Handicap is a 6. i strike the ball well i feel. my misses are usually closer to the toe, and i have to tee the ball really low due to high launch and i guess because of my steep angle of attack

Just trying to get my spin consistantly lower than 3000 RPM. The RIP is good at keeping the ball from balooning. i think theres still more work to be done.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"][color="#0000ff"]flightscope[/color][/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b]

it was PGA tours About Golf Simulator

SS 113
BS 156
back spin 3500
Carry 260
Totat distance 270

20 more yards consistantly i feel i should beable to carry 275.

miss on the face of the club is high on the face, and closer to the toe. my shot misses are high ballooning fade/slices. its a lot better with the RIP and this driver than the 905r and Aldila NV s though.

A good drive is a shot that starts slightly right of the target, draws to left, carries 275 rolls another 10-15.

Sherbrooke Canada, hilly, curvy and damp usually

10. Body build and postures? height? etc.
5-7 155 lbs athletic body. i am a mechanic and i use my arms and shoulders for heavy lifting often

med-large

freddie couples as i have been told

im thinking about getting a diamana white board 73 X- stiff.. will that be too much for me?

answer: No LA number? I assume to high but i can tell whether you need a higher kick point shaft X flex or just a X flex same specs are enough.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month?13 times
How often you practice in a month? 5 times
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 7.5

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) Titleist 905T 9.5, 45 inches, GD YS-6+, stiff flex.
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Smooth tempo, but more of a heavy loader.
3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability? 8 hcp, swing: 7.5, pure the driver, but occaisionally toe the irons.
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Not a tight dispersion, too much ballooning.
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM ([url="http://www.flightscope.com/"][color="#353535"]flightscope[/color][/url] LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) [b]These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST![/b] SS: 107, backspin: 3400-3500, LA: 9 degrees, on a Vector Pro.
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Tighter dispersion, less ballooning, mid-high flight w/low spin, relatively low cost.
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Hook, no misses on the club face.
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? I hit it with a slight draw.
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Georgia, I mainly play at two courses, 1 is flat and wide open and the other is hilly and tight.
10. Body build and postures? height? etc. 5 foot 10, 130 pounds. Long and lanky.
11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove. Adult medium.
12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Charles howell.
Thanks Joe!

Answer: More of swing issue that club here basically ...delofting and steep angle of attack. Fixing swing first is the right way here IMO.

Cobra OG ZL/Rombax
TEE XCG-V/Voodoo
Adams 9031/ Pink Matrix
MB/MC/Project X
RAC/MP-T/Vokey
Endless Putters

Joe, any help is appreciated.

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? 4[b] times[/b]
How often you practice in a month? [b]4-5[/b]
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [b]7[/b]

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) Adams 9015d 10.5 [b]degree, Harrison Saga R60 regular, 43.5"[/b]

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?[b]Smooth tempo, low load[/b]

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?[b]15hc, consistent, decent ballstriker[/b]

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[b]Would like more distance[/b]

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? Yes , I can e-mail the info ? SS 92[b]-94mph[/b]

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[b]I would like to get a few more yards off the tee.[/b]

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?[b]I tend to the fade the ball slightly ,[/b]

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? small [b]draw[/b]

9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[b]Firm fairways. South Florida.[/b]

10. Body build and postures? height? etc.[b]5'3", Overweight[/b]

11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.[b]Medium glove[/b]

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?[b]I have a smooth tempo like Paul Casey

Answer: Need complete LM data. Email are only if you need my direct attention asap and set up a phone fitting session.
[/b]

General questionnaire:
How often you play in a month? [b][u]15 Times[/u][/b]
How often you practice in a month? [u][b]20 Times
[/b][/u]How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. [u][b]8

[/b][/u]Driver fitting questionnaire:

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc ) [b][u]R9 Supertri 8.5* Fubuki 73x 44.5" D4 SW
[/u][/b]

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? [b][u]Quick Tempo, Hard Load
[/u][/b]

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?[b] [u]8 Handicap, Good Ballstriker[/u][/b]

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?[b][u] Excess spin, Balooning
[/u][/b]

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? [b][u]No.

[/u][/b]
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?[b] [u]Lower Flight, more roll, and tighter dispersion
[/u][/b]

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? [b][u]Miss is almost always a hook. Occasionaly I hit it high on the face of the driver.

[/u][/b]
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? [b][u]Draw.

[/u][/b]
9. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?[b] [u]Firm fairways, almost always windy. From Virginia Beach
[/u][/b]

10. Body build and postures? height? etc.[b][u] 5'11" and thin
[/u][/b]

11. What is your glove size? need size estimate even if you don't use glove.[b] [u]Medium
[/u][/b]

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? [b][u]Been told it's alot like DJ.

Answer: Need LM data please!
[/u][/b]