For you guys asking for a help in picking a shaft!

joey3108

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Joe! Thread kicks butt! Hopefully this is enough info....Need shaft recommendation for my G30 LS 10.5.....

play Rogue silver 70x at 45.25....

feels great but a little soft as ball will cut and I normally I draw...

115+ club speed and hit between 280-320 depending on tightness of fairway lol...

play few times a week and practice same, low single cap....

feels like I lose a little control cause shaft a little soft.....Thanks !!!!!

Can't figure how to like my own posts

I need a new driver, or a new shaft for my Ping k15. The r flex worries me because of the distance I'm getting now after making my swing more efficient and strengthening my core. I'm swinging very fast now and all of the demo day/fitting days I have gone to so far have put me in a stiff shaft. I saw that someone on the regular joe forum put a project x shaft in their K15 but I don't know much about shafts. I really like the K15, but I will switch to something else if recommended. I'm also trying not to spend a fortune on this old club so I want to keep it under 75 dollars if that's possible.

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. 10.5* regular flex stock tfc 149 ping k15

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Smooth, light load.

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 7 consistency since it suffers greatly when my back is tired, striking is good, center hits with a miss off the toe.

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? It's a regular shaft and I'm driving ~300 yard par 4's with it pretty easily now. I'm afraid my consistency suffers from a mismatched shaft.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM. Yes but the data is not relevant now. I went to a Titleist and a Ping fitting day recently and they both recommended stiff.

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Consistency, distance.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Mistakes are a push fade, rarely I will get a k15 mega hook. Miss off the toe.

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? I play a tight fade.

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? High fade.

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Ohio, municipal courses mostly.

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6'3, 230lb, probably 205 lean.

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) XL or XXL, depends on which brand, 9 inch wrist to middle finger, 4 in middle finger.

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. Taylormade M2 9.5*, Stiff Rogue Black, 45 inches

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? More quick but not super quick, Medium to High load

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? About an 8 when I'm playing well I am very consistent, well go on the low side though

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Shaft feels too whippy, Feel as if its increases my issue with side spin and hitting large fades

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM? Best I can do is swing speed which is between 100-102, been a long time since Ive had a session with a LM

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?Reduce the ability to over do a small natural fade

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? If it anything its maybe low, or slightly out to the toe

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Im fine with going straight and or hitting a small fade

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? Right now a low fade

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Grass wise usually a shorter cut with firmer fairways, Missouri so plenty of clay

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 5'8, 150

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) Cadet Medium

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Adam scott maybe, fairly neutral all around not a big sweeper or digger, maybe alittle longer backswing

14.Lost some muscle/fitness as I've got a bit older and stopped playing alot of sports, which I think has played a part in the develop in my fade

Help me understand. Hope this is the right place!

Went to Golfsmith jumped on monitor. Hit 4 different 6 iron shafts. DG s300, PX 6.0, KBS tour 120 s, KBS C-Taper S all with mizuno MP-54s

My SS ranged from 85-90.

My current gamers are RSi TP w/ PX 6.0

Went in with an expectations (mistake #1) of PX being Lowest spin. Results were much different.

The PX was spinning 6500-7000 distance 185-90 carry. Even more surprising to me the DG S300s were spinning 6800-7200, distance was actually a little better.

The best to my surprise was the KBS tour S 120. Spin was 5300-5800 distance 190-195, and the height was 4-5 yds higher. C tapers were slightly more spin less distance.

Now before RSi TPs w PX 6.0 I had titleist 714mbs with DG S400 tour issues, and before that 710 ap2s with DG S300.

Confused because I always thought the PX was all about lower spin. And am wondering if the numbers with the KBS will transfer to the course as the higher ball flight will be pushed around by the so Fla winds but based on spin numbers I would say no.

Should I make the switch? Because without a doubt the KBS and DGs felt better, while C tapers and PX felt too boardy. Playing well with current set but feel I have to give it full speed all the time.

Thanks for the read

Looking for help finding a driving iron shaft, wasn't sure which questionnaire to pick.

1. What is the club existing set up? 21* Apex Utility, .5* upright. UST Recoil 110X (Driver and 3 wood are M2, Tour AD BB 6X and 7X. Perfect launch conditions)

2. What type of swinger are you? Quick tempo, heavy load

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 8/10, good ball striker.

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Utility iron spins too much, launch is good though. Looking for the same launch with low spin.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? With this club, no. But with my driver on GC2, 117 SS, Ball Speed 172-175, 14* launch angle.

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Keep the traj on the higher side, lower the spin rate.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Tendency is to get quick and hit a pull.

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Work the ball both ways, go to is a slight fade.

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? High fade currently.

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Firm during the school year, soft during the summer.

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6'2", tall and thin, good posture.

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) Medium large, 7.25".

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Harris English

Forever tinkering…

I tried out the new TM M2 and M1 with a far from optimal shaft and LM data showed the same distance while it outperformed my current driver on the course. Finding way more fairways with it. So I'm looking for shaft recommendations for it (leaning towards the M1).

General questionnaire ( A must for all fitting) :

How often you play in a month? How often you practice in a month?

I usually play 4-5 times a week, mostly 1/2 hour driving range, then 9 holes on the course. Some longer practice sessions or competitive rounds during weekends.

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.

8, I make solic contacts, problems mostly a matter of direction

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?

Hcp 2, avg. score was ~75 last year, german hcp system.

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?

strengths from most to least: Driver, Putter, Wedge, Iron (I consider myself a bad iron player, working on it most of my time on the range)

Driver fitting questionnaire:

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please.

Taylormade R11, 9°, set to 8°, original Diamana blue, 60 x, tiptrimmed 1", playing at 44.5"

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?

smooth but short backswing, fast (sometimes too fast) transition and heavy loading.

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability?

7, hitting the ball at a positive AoA

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?

not really a problem, just want to improve, I think spin could be reduced.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)?

flightscope! see the attached images, 10 shots with the current driver (r11) and 10 shots with the M2 with a fujikura speeder 57, stiff, my Angle of attack (not shown in the table below) is between +4 and +6

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?

More distance, less deviation, beeing able to hit a draw but would like to hit slight fades most of the time.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?

#1 mistake is a big high slice. I love to hit slight cuts, which most of the time start a bit right of my "straight" line (see LM data as well), so basically a straight swing path with a slight open face. If the swing path gets in to out and I dont get my face square (which usually doesnt happen), I'll miss it way right. So maybe a club which helps squaring the face a bit, would be nice.

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?

Aiming left center of the FW and hitting a nice high 5-10 yard fade.

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?

High Fade! Low Draw if facing extreme headwinds.

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?

mostly wet, some dry months but I'd always optimize my carry length.

11. Body build and postures? height? etc.

skinny, 5'11", 148lb

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)

Ladies L/Mens S, wrist to longest finger = 20cm = 7 7/8 inch

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?

AS, nice full finish with a way better shoulder turn than me.

14. etc. The more the better it become.

Thanks in advance

Answer: pick 70gr shaft mid high to high k8ck shaft x flex. Joe

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Guys, recently got new irons and got fit for KBS tour 130 x stiff shafts using the mizuno shaft optimizer. The process is making me rethink my bag and I'm beginning to think the current stock stiff shafts in my 3 wood and 4 wood are wrong for my swing.

3 wood - Taylormade RBZ 15 degree with stock RBZ stiff shafts

4 wood - Mizuno mp 001 16.5 deg with an Exsar 60 shaft

Here are some stats from the launch monitor at golf town with a pro v1x from today;

3 wood, 3 swings - 112 - 114.5 swing speed, 8-10.4 deg launch angle, 3900-4700 rpm, 241- 256 carry.

4 wood, 4 swings - 106-109 swing speed, 9.1-10.3 deg launch angle, 1 shot of 3700 rpm, 3 at 5200, carry 222-241.

I filled out the questionnaire from the first post, hope this helps. Can definitely answer more questions.

So my big question here, is anyone able to offer a suggestion on a shaft that I can buy from golftown and have them put in? They are really the only place near me that sells shafts and club making services.

How often you play in a month? Trying to play 5+ times a month

How often you practice in a month? So far 3 times a week.

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. About a 7

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? Probably a 5-7, only due to my short game. Was scratch as a junior, hope to get close to there this summer.

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Probably Irons

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. See Top

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? I think I have a quick tempo.

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? Maybe a 7 or 8?

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? I think I hit the ball too high with too much spin, lack some consistency with the 3 and 4 woods

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. See Above

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Lots of heel fades when I miss, can miss all over

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Straight and medium flight

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? Medium flight with a tiny fade

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Canada, softer courses typically.

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6'3 195 pounds. Lift weights during the winter so I am probably pretty strong for a golfer.

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) I use midsize grips.

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? No idea.

Answer: you need an x flex shaft on the heavier class and fix your attack angle to be shallower at impact to reduce the steep angle of attack for better LA and spin rate.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a driver SS of 99-103, 1,900-2,300 rpms of spin, and average 13* launch. I have a smooth tempo and earlyish release. I like stiff shafts, but ones that are on the more flex side of the spectrum of stiff. I wear a large glove abe use standard grips. I am looking for a mid/high shaft because with my spin levels I would ideally launch the ball at 14.5*-15*. My driver (M2) is set at 10.17*. The Kuro Kage silver tini stiff shaft feels a little boardy and launches too low. The Fujikura feels better I would still like a little higher launch (I'm currently using the Fujikura Pro60). I like stiff shafts that some who are use to a standard stiff shaft might say it is too whippy. For some context I liked the Fujikura Motore Speeder 565 in stiff when I had a BB Alpha 815. I had pretty good flight and dispersion. When waggling it it seemed pretty whippy and soft, but I liked it. I honestly might be able to get away with a R shaft because of my tempo and release, but definitely prefer a softer stiff shaft. I'm not looking to break the bank but will spend money if it is the perfect fit.

I practice a few times a week, play once a weekend, and play to a 2.5 index. I drive the ball between 265-285. Can get it to 300 with a little wind behind me. My natural shot is straight/small fade. My miss with the current setup is a big fade/slice.

Can the correct loading (shaft stiffness) be determined by video? Or is this something that can only be determined experimentally? I've got it in my head that I need an x-flex shaft to gain a little more control over my driver.

Using a sim (Full Swing Golf) I'm seeing club head speeds between 110-120 on my current Titleist 907D3 8.5* with a UST ProForce V2 65g in stiff. Carry of right around 290. Great launch angle, with relatively good spin. Only probably is a lot of inconsistency off the tee, balls uncharacteristically spraying all over the place. I hit a very reliable slight push fade with my irons. I think I'm overpowering the shaft. Thoughts? I may just pick up a used 913D3 in X-stiff and see how I like that.

I need a driver shaft recommendation for a new build please

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. 9* Titleist 983K Speeder stiff shaft 45" all stock

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Smooth, medium load.

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 5, lots of issues as of late keeping focus on the ball on downswing. Miss hit is usually heel but an occasional toe shot too

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Too inconsistent performance. Miss hits sometimes go left, hard and low, and right misses are high and fadey.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM. No

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Consistency, need to keep the ball in the fairway off the box

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Mistakes are a push fade most often. Occasionally I'll over reach and hit a bad snap hook low and ugly

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? High and straight down the middle, slight fade

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? High fade.

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Michigan, nothing superb, just regular muni type courses

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6'2" long slim arms/legs. Athletic. 190-195#. Think basketball player build

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)

L-XL w to tip=7-3/4". finger 3-3/4"

• 2 weeks later...

For me the Major Question is: Should I Switch to an x-Flex.

How often you play in a month? Around 3-4 Full rounds, 4 9-Hole Rounds

How often you practice in a month? 8-10 times (Range, chipping, putting and a few holes)

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 Around 6 or 7, I'd say Driver is the most inconsistent

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? A 15 in the german HCP-System

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Irons and Wedges

1. What is the club existing set up? Titleist 905 R, 9,5°, Fujikura Speeder 757 Tour Spec in Stiff

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? I hit my best with a slow and Long backswing and then a quick release from the top.

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 6

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? I don't really get the "Pop" from the Club I want.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? Trackman. Not my Driver though. Club was a TM SLDR S 9,5 with the stock shaft in Stiff. Neutral Setup. Swingspeed Avg. 108,7, Total Distance Avg. 285 y, Attack Angle 0.5, Club Path 11,3, Face to path -5, Smash Factor 1,44, Ball Speed 156,7 mph, Launch Angle 12,4°, Spin 2475 rpm

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Find more fairways, some extra yards

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Either a snap hook or a high push

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? A medium to high draw

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? Low draw

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Tight, slow fairways, oftend wet

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6',1''160 Pounds, Athletic and flexible

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? Can't tell, but I have fairly small Hands and have been fitted for regular size grips

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Maybe Sergio, right now I am coming in really flat. Like his swing too.

14. I can hit the ball pretty far for my size and Handicap, As I said I just wonder if I should go for a X-Flex in my next Driver. And what current shaft does the old Speed that I use compares too?

Answer: definitely try x flex and at least soft x ideally.

• 3 weeks later...

How often you play in a month? 5-7 times

How often you practice in a month? 8

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 7

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 5.2 GHIN mens club we play different courses each week

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? wedge, iron, driver, putter in that order

1. What is the club existing set up? (Titlest 9.5 915d2 with rogue Silver 110 stiff flex, 45" ) As detail as possible please.

2. What type of swinger are you I tend to take the club back slowly and then release with speed and load.

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? I would say 6 or 7 , tend to hit in middle to slightly outside center

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? would like a bit less spin and more roll/distance if possible.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM my swing speed is around 105, I am 53 years old. typically hit it about 260-280

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? lower spin, bit more distance

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? I tend to pull my club left (right handed)

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? I tend to hit it straight

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? I wold like a higher ball flight with draw.

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Gilbert Arizona, bermuda, some altitude , firmer fairways and greens

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6-3 205 slender build, working on getting below 200 lbs for my body type.

12. What is your glove size? large What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? 8.5 inches (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? I like Jason Day, Adam Scott, Freddie Couples, smooth with good power/distance

14. etc. The more the better it become the reason for my questionnaire is I recently like the M2 in 9.5 but with the stock shaft Fuji 60 pro seem to get allot of spin. have also put a Fubuki 60 gram shaft in it and less spin but ball flight in both shafts seems low. I love the feel of the M2 but would like a

​lightweight shaft with lower spin higher ball flight than the 9.5 neutral setting.

[size=1][color=#0000FF][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]Titleist [/b] - 917 D2 9.5 Aldila Rogue Silver
[b]Titleist[/b] - 917d - Aldila Rogue Silver
[b]Titleist[/b] - 915h 2 hybrid - Diamana Blue
[b]Titleist[/b] - TM UDI 4 iron with GD S flex (black) [/font][/color]
[b][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][color=#0000ff]Titleist - [/color][/font][/b][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][color=#0000ff]714 AP2 5-9 KBS 110 tour V[/color][/font]
[b][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][color=#0000ff]Titleist - SM5/SM6 [/color][/font][/b][color=#0000FF][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif] 46/52/56 KBS 110 tour[/font][/color]
[color=#0000FF][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]Callaway[/b] - PM Mack Daddy 60 KBS
[b]Scotty Cameron[/b] - Platinum[/font][/color]
[b][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][color=#0000ff]Titleist - Pro V1 or Kirkland Baby[/color][/font][/b]
[color=#0000FF][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]Foot Joy/Nike [/b] DNA or Lunar 3 [/font][/color][/size]
[size=2]Nike or FJ Apparel
Patrick Gibbons Belts[/size]

Sigh, I hate editing on an iPad. Third try as it keeps reloading and clearing the text.

I'm generally happy with my game and equipment. I need help with the driver, which misspelt is due to a quick, high load tempo, and a shaft too light for me to feel enough to control, but I'll defer to your expertise.

Current clubs and how I hit them, and a few observations:

Driver: Cobra F6+ Matrix Black Tie Stiff, 44" 10.5 deg. Weight forward. When I hit it well I get a high, long flight. I very often don't hit it well, getting low, snap hooks, pulls, skies. I suspect 65 grams is too light for me to feel given my quick tempo, high load swing. I switched to Cobra giving up on my Titleists with "made-for" Diamana shafts that I almost always pushed with hard fades or worse. Biggest known problems, over swinging kills my tempo and rotation. For 61 I'm very flexible and can over swing easily. Sometimes I come over the top, usually when over swinging.

Fairway woods and hybrids: Cobra F6 Red Tie Stiff 3, 5, 3H, 4H. These hit the same for me. I have never been able to fade, but these consistently put a light fade on most shots. When tempo goes bad, fade pushes with the odd slice. I feel like I would gain a bit of distance and a draw with a heavier, higher kick shaft to match my iron flight.

Irons: Miura 4-P MB001Steelfiber, 3 Calloway Apex, 2 Ping BeCu Eye 2, all i110cw +1/2. Consistent, high, tight dispersion, long. 8 iron 160. Over singing again on longer irons when swing,plane gets wonky. Then I lose the feel for unwinding and releasing. I just went to the SF shafts from DG S300s feeling I should for my age after my previous blades wore out. That may be causing my challenges, but I'm beginning to grove my swing and tempo much more consistently lately.

Wedges: Bridgestone J15 52, 56, 60 with DF Spinners; Cleveland 588 64 with DG S300. They weigh about the same, but the 588 feels too heavy, and it's shorter to the point I feel awkward, and I have a lot of trouble making less than half swing shots. Full to half swing all wedges are excellent. Thinking of Steelfiber or Recoils for shock reduction. 90, 105, 120, 130 full swings. Shaft recommendations wanted. Don't want more distance, just shock reduction without losing tight dispersion. I also want consistent feel for partial swings. Waffling between 125 and 110.

Punters: Ping Faith (the old men's Faith), BeCu Pal 4. No problems, the work great.

OK, here's the paste. I hope it works better this time.

How often you play in a month? Around 4 Rounds

How often you practice in a month? At least 12 times (Range, chipping, putting and a few holes)

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10: Driver 3, woods and hybrids 6, long irons 7, mid irons - wedges 9

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? Never kept one. Probably 14-16

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Irons and Wedges

1. What is the club existing set up? Above

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Slow backswing, pause, quick start to,downswing, good lag, generally release well, except with driver. Everything gets too quick, unless I get lucky and am on.

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent iswhere is your striking ability? Driver 5. Again when I'm on I'm on, otherwise 3 wood is my driver.

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Erratic swing with tops, fats, pulls, snap hooks, over the top swings, though I'm working that out. Other woods get push faded when off. Difference, shaft kick point and the Red Ties are NOT the same flex. They're softer. I'm also,working out a setup problem where ky right shoulder inches out toward the ball at address, causing over the top, etc.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? Not fo Malloy, just testing clubs in stores. Last was a Calloway Apex 7. Don't remember all the stats, but striped it tight dispersion 175 carry consistently. It had an uncomfortably light shaft and I think was a strong loft 7. My Miura with a much heavier shaft carries 170. I'm too embarassed with my driver swing to show it to anyone in a store.

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? i get plenty of distance, but I need to feel the swing for solid contact and accuracy.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? I'm prett consistent with the ball on the sweet spot. I think that's due to playing muscle backs so I always have feedback. I may have one or two "s" words a year. If I miss it's toward the toe. Tempo, feel and sometimes swing plane make for fat and thin shots.

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? A polite, little high draw.

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? Medium to high draw.

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? medium to tight fairways. They don't mow the rough much, so it's almost US Open height right off the fairway.

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6', Big build and flexible

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? Never wear them. I sweat a ridiculous amount, to the point hydration is a serious safety concern. I've collapsed from heat exhaustion a few times, so I have to be careful of heat and humidity. Gloves get soaked and slick almost immediately. Wrist to longest 7.5, longest 3.5.

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Rory

14. I amconsidering a 75 or 85 Black Tie, or heavy REAL Red Tie. I'm also considering Steelfiber wood and hybrid shafts in a heavier weight, hoping for continuity between irons and woods for feel.

15. Also considering wedge shaft changes.. I don't know how a DG Spinner in the 64 would feel compared to the other wedges. I'm having stinging problems with all wedges, especially with low spinning shots. Again, considering Steelfiber or Recoil 125 or 110. My hands are very sensitive to shock,and vibration.

Cobra 10.5 F6+ Fujikura Motore F1 75 X
Cobra F6 3, 5 woods Fujikura Motore F1 X 85
Cobra Bio Cell 2 Hybrid 17.5 Matrix Black Tie HM3 95X
Cobra F6 3, 4 hybrids Matrix Red Tie Stiff
Miura 4-P MB001 irons Steelfiber i110cw +1/2"
Cleveland 588 64 Matrix Program 130 S
Bridgestone J15MB wedges: 52, 56, 60, Matrix Program 130 S
Ping BeCu Pal 4

[url="http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/kohlerhospitality/aab32076_938?wid=1024"]http://s7d9.scene7.c...76_938?wid=1024[/url]

How often you play in a month?1-6 rounds

How often you practice in a month? 1 per week

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 6

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?4

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Wedge

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. I have several some with regular shafts and some with stiff shafts. I have moved my lofts for drivers with LS to 10.5 on all clubs. Ping G30, R15, Exotics etc.... I usually only play with Fujikura shafts - speeder or pro

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? I am becoming a smoother swinger, with back issues plaguing me I am making a commitment to load the clubhead with a slower move

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? I use to play collegiate golf and tried to play professionally,6

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? I do not understand the technology correct, distance seems to come from a high launch knuckleball, I am having problems finding a driver shaft

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.

SS is 96 at its peak with driver, side spin is based on the shot i am trying to hit, mid-midlow ball flight

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? High Knuckleball

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? I miss right due to growing up and causing myself to miss right vs the two way miss

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? I use to play a fade when i scored well, high traj

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? high fade

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?Oklahoma

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 510 and 230

• 2 weeks later...

How often you play in a month? 15-20 rounds

How often you practice in a month? 5x per week

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 7

What is your handicap now? +1 What handicap system are they/you using? RCGA

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Wedges and Putting

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. ​Callaway Big Bertha set at 8.5, Diamana D+ 70 Stiff 45"

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Smooth tempo, Heavy loader

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 7. Generally I am most consistent in iron and wedge play and have had issues with woods and driver.

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? I can only really get the driver to work if I play a fade, and if I do it spins a lot and it will generally be a push fade. If I try to draw the ball it comes out as a knuckleball and sometimes hard smother snap hooks.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM Flightscope but I can't remember all of the data. Swing speed 121mph (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?)

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Raise launch angle, eliminate hard snap hook that isn't evident with my other clubs

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Wide left with driver Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? equal heel and toe

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Tight mid launch fades

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? Mid height fade

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Fast and firm. Canada

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6'4'' 200 lbs.

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) Glove size XL

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Ernie Els

14. etc. The more the better it become

Thanks Joe.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How often you play in a month? 10 rounds

How often you practice in a month? 5x per week

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 8

What is your handicap now? 1 What handicap system are they/you using? Ncga

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Wedges <100, putting, and tee shot accuracy

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. ​Taylor made m1 460 10.5 loft Speeder 757 ts 70s

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Smooth and heavy

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 10. Striking irons woods, draw miss

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? I Feel a heavy club and it takes time to get the club going. I hit very high and dead straight. I will miss left draw occasionally

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? No but I attached indoor gc2 numbers

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new setuo? Increase club head speed and carry distance

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Heel hits and left draw

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Straight and high

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? High fade

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Slow and soft - San Francisco

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 5 10, 180

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) No glove

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Rory Mcilroy

Answer: play a s/x subflex shaft w/same shaft profile and make sure build it properly (length and swingweight,etc).

• 4 weeks later...

**edit**removed

In order of ownership......

'65 MacGregor Tourney MT2 (2-PW)/ '80 Wilson Staff Tour Blades (1-PW)/ '83 Wilson Staff Tour Blades FG-17 (2-PW)

'77 MacGregor VIP blades Teardrop back (1-PW)/ '83 Titleist Tour Model 821 (3-PW)/ '84 Hogan PC (1-PW)

'80s Daiwa Advisor DG-8201 (2-PW)/ '96 TaylorMade Burner Bubble (2-PW)/ '97 TaylorMade Burner Bubble Tour (2-PW)

'00 Titleist 962b (1-PW)/ '05 Titleist 680 (2-PW)/ '09 Titleist 710mb (3-PW)

Hi Joe thanks for taking the time to do this for people, it is reaaly cool.

How often you play in a month? 6-10

How often you practice in a month? 8-15

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 3 usga

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Driver --> Wedge --> putter --> irons

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? No, was fit for titleist irons at 1 deg upright and .5'' long

2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! AP2 (original) PX 5.5

3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. 7Iron on CG2 - Iron1: JPX 900 Forged w/PX LZ 5.5 Iron 2: APEX CF16 w/PX 6.0

4. What is your existing complain on your current set up? Irons were given to me after old set stolen. Hit them OK, sometimes too high.

5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? Maybe slightly lower ball flight

6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade? Mid/High flight w/slight fade

7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? Slight fade right now

8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? Miss left (slight pull) Miss maybe on toe.

9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? High

10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? High Fade

11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? 185-190. Not sure SS. See above for SS with 7 iron.

12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players 29''

13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players 34''

14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) Medium Glove

15. How tall are you?

16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? Shallow

17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?

18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing? Medium tempo.

Answer: play a hard step stiff flex lower spin/stiffer tip design shaft and get a proper dynamic loft and lie fitting.

• 2 weeks later...

***I am left handed and golf left handed***

How often you play in a month? 3-6 rounds

How often you practice in a month? 12 times, generally only 30 min sessions

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 6

What is your handicap now? Whathandicap system are they/you using? 16.5 ghin (trending down)

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Driver

Iron fitting Questionnaire:

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? I have not. I did hit a few (about 4) shots off a lie board and the instructor said my lie angle was good at standard.

2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please!714 AP2, Steelfiber i95 stiff flex, standard length (38” 5 iron), 3.25” of lead tape on each head, standard loft, standard lie, lamkin 3 gen midsize grips

3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. Yes, Spreadsheet with all the 13 columns of data I was able to export - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KtM-h6uTjnRsLlUhrLvfHeTgyGfuR4acWTXA4Y_-Z8A/edit?usp=drivesdk, Skytrak

4. What is your existing complain on your current set up?Not the best feel (a little harsh), low launch (although I blame the swing more than equipment as I've always hit the ball low)

5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? Better feel, higher ball flight

6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade? High baby draw

7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?Low-mid, draw

8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? Where? Left. Yes, miss is on the toe or fat

9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? low

10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? Low, fade

11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? 175-180, low/mid 80s, 155ish carry

12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? 29.25

13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? 33

14. What is your glove size? M What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger?6.75” wrist to tip of finger, 3.25” longest finger

15. How tall are you? 5’7”

16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? medium to shallow

17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? Not sure, video of swing (videos taken about a week apart in Feb 2017. The down the line swing was the same day I gathered LM stats)

FO 7 iron:

DTL 9 iron:

18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing?Smooth I think. I’m not sure my shaft loading factor. Swing video link in #17 if that will help you

I really appreciate you taking the time to do this for WRX Members. I'd be happy to donate to WRX or pay you for your time. Just let me know your cost.

Ian

Answer: I'll be straight forward here. You need a lesson more than a club fix. I could help you more if you can come in for a fitting and lesson.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought an uncut parallel .370 KBS Tour shaft to build as a demo to try out before ordering a full set of shafts. I am building a 37.25'' 6 iron Mizuno MP 64. I have a frequency meter from Kaufman. As posted before I have been playing FCM Rifle 6.5 for years. However I have lost a little speed and decided to go half a flex weaker to 6.0.

My '6.5' labelled shaft which came from Mizuno measures 334-335 CPM without a grip on it and with the head dry assembled. I decided to use this as my benchmark figure to measure flex against. Since I am going half a flex weaker I thought I would aim to build this KBS Tour to 329-330CPM dry assembled with no grip also. It will be the same length as my old shaft.

On the KBS website it says to tip trim the x flex 2 11/16'' to frequency at 6.0 for a 6 iron.

I have been trimming bit by bit to the tip and so far have nearly cut off that amount. However its frequency is still 10CPM short at 319CPM.

What is correct? The KBS instructions or should I tip trim until it comes to 329-330? Maybe my own set were stronger than 6.5???

Anyone know the answer?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi you all!

This topic/post are sponsor by FLIGHTSCOPE! ( One of the best golf Launch Monitor in the market ).

I've noticed a lot of you guys asking for a help in picking up the shaft or grinds. However, a lot of you guys didn't give us enough detail info on your swing and existing shaft set up. We will be able to help you much better if you can provide us as much as possible info:

How often you play in a month?

How often you practice in a month?

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please.

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability?

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?

11. Body build and postures? height? etc.

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?

14. etc. The more the better it become.

Iron fitting Questionnaire:

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft?

2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please!

3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.

4. What is your existing complain on your current set up?

5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?

6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade?

7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?

8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where?

9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?

10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?

11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )?

12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players

13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players

14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)

15. How tall are you?

16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker?

17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?

18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing?

Wedge Fitting Questionnaire:

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? on 6 iron

2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please!

3. What is your existing complain on your current set up?

4. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?

5. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players

6. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players

7. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH 8. How tall are you?

9. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? Short or long divot? trapper, driver or slider?

10. Do you do a lot of low pinch/trap spinner shots?

11. Do you a lot of flop shots? What club you use on these shots?

12. Do you adjust face angle or ball position on your shots, especially of full shots?

13. Do you consider very creative on your shots around the green or trying to be as simple as possible on your shots?

14, What is your striking ability scale 1 - 10?

15. Any particular technique or method you like to tell me on your wedge game?

16. Tell me about your course turf condition, design, average green speed, Green size and undulation, etc?

17. Which PGA player that you like on their wedge play style?

Bare in mind, No shaft is better than the one fit your swing profile...No matter what the cost is!!!

IMHGO Exotic shafts have a very distinctive feel and character and they have a tighter quality control. So if you ask me to copy a certain set up that you like, It's most likely easier for me to get it from a better quality controlled shafts. Some feel player can only go w/ a certain brand due to these feel and character.

NO! I'm not crazy to fit some one w/ an exotic expensive shaft only, even though i'm more comfortable working w/ them. I'm very open minded limited to what i know only of course ( Usually on popular brands only ). I will do my best to give every body enough options to chose from. To many shaft brand out there, i can't keep up...So i only try to keep up w/ the popular one only.

So help us to make our job easier and more effective to help you.

Thanks a million!

Regards,

Joe Kwok :pimp:

ps: If I missed anything here, any body can help me to add some comment THX!

Disclaimer:

To whom it may concern, Please do not copy my questionnaire nor modified with the same core. I hope we can set a high standard code of ethic and respect.

For you who need help directly from me by email or PM, please read this post first:

http://www.golfwrx.c...h...ic=41987

Hi you all,

I've been meaning to post this for a while now, but I was having a

hard time on how I have to put the words together to make sure you all

understand my good intention. Trust me, I really want to make every body happy as much as I can.

As you guys all know I've been trying my best to answer all questions you have regarding club fitting, shaft character, modification, etc...I will definitely continue to do so. So far I have no problem up to this point, however I can see the trend is on the up slope.

As most of you know, I am involved with this site in taking

care of some of the operation of it. Also I have a heavy work load ( not only

on clubs but emails and PM ) and also not to forget that taking care

of my family is my 1st priority. I've come to realize that I have a

lot of PM and emails that aren't productive and steal my precious time

not to be able to serve you who really need my attention and who spend

money & time w/ me for my expertise & service. Don't get me wrong

here, if I do have time I would love to answer all your question and

even talk BS w/ you guys. I'm sure my long time customers and friends knows how I am on this. smile.gif

So what I'm trying to do on this post is to make members understand

that if I haven't or can't answer any one of you who send me PM or

Email...I'm busy working to serve my friends and customers at my best

for what they've paid me for. IMO it's not fair if I have to reduce my

attention to those who are willing to pay me to get their stuff done fast and correctly.

So I beg you guy who just need to ask some questions to just post it

here on clubmakers folder or domestic folder and let some of the

members help you w/ your question, and yes I will try to monitor them

as much as I can to correct or give another opinion for you to understand more.

Of course, I'm encouraging you who are really serious and need my

service to email me at [email protected] and Yes! most of you who got my phone number can call me during my phone fitting/consultation hours to discuss your needs

effectively. Please state clearly on your email or PM your

seriousness to get help through my service, so this way I can see what

and who that I need to put them in a high priority to answer.

Every body who knows me knows that I love talking about golf and every

aspect of it, but yet I should not forget to see clearly what is the priority. So I hope you understand if your email or PM took me a while to answer your question/s or if I may not be able to answer it at all in the future. I personally apologize in advance if I do so.

Thanks for your attention and Happy Golfing!

Cheers!

Joe Kwok smile.gif

Will the flight scope mevo be good and accurate enough to use for a fitting with several shafts?

• 1 month later...

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. Titliest D2 910, Diamana K'ali xflex 65g 45 inches

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Think I am a smooth swinger, medium loader

On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? I strike the ball regularly around the centre of the club face About an 8 when I'm playing well I am very consistent.

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? I feel that the xflex shaft was specified to keep spin rates down, therefore I am loosing distance.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM? Trackman session recently at a Callaway demo day. Club head speed 96/98 mph, ball speed 143/145mph, smash factor 1.46 AOA _0.5 Launch angle 11/14degrees.

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? distance

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? If it anything its maybe low.

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Im fine with going straight and or hitting a small draw

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? Fade

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Play on a park land course in Fife Scotland and occassional links

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 5'11, 13 stone

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) 3inchs

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?no idea

14. Regularly do pilates so reasonable fit and flexible.

General questionnaire:

How often you play in a month? 2-4 full rounds.

How often you practice in a month? 4-5 days a week on launch monitor at home, then 2-3 9 hole practice rounds.

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? 6-8 depending on how recently I have had a lesson.

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 11.3 (New Zealand handicap system), gone out 2 shots recently after changing a few things from lessons late last year. Back on the downward trend now though.

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Irons, wedges and putters. Driver is a bit erratic and probably my weakest point.

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ). 2016 M1 10.5 degree set stock lie/loft. Prolaunch Blue 60g shaft, standard length (playing 45.5 inches). I

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Smooth to mid tempo, light loader. Not a lot of loading I think.

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 6-7, but my good shots come out of the center of the face.

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Too much spin. I think I need a heavier shaft, 65g at least.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? I have my own Flightscope so know my game well, although I’m just getting into tinkering with shafts. See below for latest session on M1. I just bought the M1 (upgraded from an R1) and put the same shaft I had in my R1 into there. This proves the head is fine, spin numbers are very similar although I find the M1 is a lot more forgiving. So I would like to look into getting a better shaft.

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Lower ball flight, lower spin.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Miss is usually on the toe which gives a hook. Although I also sometimes hit it low on the face.

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Draw, usually able to swing from the inside but face to path can be a bit erratic resulting in hooks or push fades.

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? I like to hit a draw, mid to high ball flight. Currently it is ballooning too much.

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? New Zealand, going into winter now the fairways are a bit softer.

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6 foot, 160 pounds. Pretty lightweight so can’t be too aggressive with swing or else I lose control.

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? Medium size glove. 195mm. I use a midsize grip.

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Not sure??

14. Reasonably flexible and fit. 33 years old. Been playing 10 years. Have lessons when able to.

Answer: play a subflex s/x flex with stiffer tip higher kick point shaft.

How often you play in a month? 5 or 6 times

How often you practice in a month? Not much

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 8

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? USGA 6

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Ballstriking

1. What is the club existing set up? Cobra F7+ w/HZRDUS Black 6.5, 65g

2. What type of swinger are you fairly smooth Loading factor on your swing? Medium

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 8

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Spin and launch a little high I think

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? Yes What brand of LM flightscope SS: 113-115, Launch angle 14.5 - 15.5, ball speed 168-171, spinning 2500 - 2900

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Lower Launch, Lower Spin

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Most common miss is high toeish

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? High draw/High Straight

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High Draw

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Parkland courses in California

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6'4, 195lbs, lanky

12. What is your glove size? Large What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers 8.5" and length of your longest finger? 3.5"

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Maybe Jimmy Walker

Answer: you need to play an X flex and might even wanna tipped it 1/2-1 inch with higher kick point shaft.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black