2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Feedback on Touredge Exotics Line

ibluetooth

Hello all,

I'm wondering if I can get some feedback on TourEdge Exotics Drivers, Fairway Woods and Irons? I'm looking to replace my TMs with a whole new set and I really like the TourEdge Exotics products. But I haven't really heard a lot about them as a high end company. Most people I talk to (average joe golfers) don't seem to have a very high opinion of them as a quality company - but they've only played with the Bazooka line. I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Exotics line in terms of quality. I should also mention that I'm quite happy with the performance of the Driver, Fairway Woods and EX-1 Irons.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

PING G430 Max 8* Driver

PING G430 LST 14* Fairway Wood

PING G430 SFT 18* Fairway Wood

PING iCrossover 21.5* Hybrid

PING i500 5-UW

PING Glide 4.0 54* SW

PING Glide 4.0 58* LW

Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 Putter

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

I'm wondering if I can get some feedback on TourEdge Exotics Drivers, Fairway Woods and Irons? I'm looking to replace my TMs with a whole new set and I really like the TourEdge Exotics products. But I haven't really heard a lot about them as a high end company. Most people I talk to (average joe golfers) don't seem to have a very high opinion of them as a quality company - but they've only played with the Bazooka line. I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Exotics line in terms of quality. I should also mention that I'm quite happy with the performance of the Driver, Fairway Woods and EX-1 Irons.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

... the fairway woods are awesome. very square set up, easy to hit and as long as any. just a hair long from heel to toe, but no big deal. sound is a bit high-pitched, but that's a small trade-off for the outstanding performance.

i haven't hit the driver live, but have examined it closely an hit it into net. it feels pretty hot, explosive and forgiving. it hides its 460cc well too. but, it doesn't look right to me. the face is very flat (unlike the fairways). like the fairways, it has a shiny mirror face (mine is buffed out). some guys love it, but reviews have generally been pretty mediocre (unlike the fairways, which are almost universally glowing from mediocre players to excellent players).

can't speak to the irons. the exotic line though is the equal of any oem on the market.

imo, the tee line of fairway woods is absolutely one of the top choices out there, but there are better choices for drivers. they also have a new hybrid, which i haven't seen.

no reason whatsoever to go with just one oem throughout the bag.

I can’t comment on the Tour Edge Exotics Driver or Irons, but I have the Exotics fairway wood. The club sits very nicely at address. It does have a high pitched sound on centre hits. Moreover, this club is very easy to hit from the rough or the fairway. I’m hitting the Exotics fairway wood straighter and longer then my previous 3 wood. For me personally, I think they are one best Fairway Wood on the market, Outstanding performancer, very forgiving and looks great at address.

---------------------------------------------------

Cleveland launcher 460 9.5 (Fujikura Stiff)

Tour Edge Exotics 15 & 18 degrees (Fujikura Stiff)

Cleveland halo 3I & 4I

Cleveland TA6 (4-PW) and SW

Cleveland 588 52 degree

i'm a very high ball hitter. i have the 13* and unless i flat miss it have no problem getting it up off the fairway. with only 13*, it's not too effective from any appreciable rough. i was considering adding the 5 wood (my first ever), but afraid i'll absolutely hit it to the moon. what do you think based on your experiences?

what is your distance difference off the deck between the 15* and 18* versions?

The fairway wood are the longest out there. Get the ball up nicely also and the stock fuji shaft is fine more me. I've got the Stiff in my 5 wood and extra stiff in the 3 wood. The driver is also the longest I've hit but I'm haveing trouble with this one. It might be because of the 8 degree loft and xtra stiff shift. I'm going to do some shaft moves and I'll let you know. The fairway woods are definetly something you should try.

Hopper

I have the TEE 10.5 reshafted with a grafalloy comp nt shaft in R flex but plays a little firmer. Took it out thursday for 18 and it is long for me compared to the r5 N that I currently played. Pretty forgiving. I'm waiting on a x460 tour with the v2 to comeback from cally to try but right now the TEE is in the first chair.

I have played the driver and the fairway wood. The driver was good but, not as good as I thought it would be for the price. It's solid and I hit it long but, I like my 905T better. I had it reshafted with the Grafalloy Comp NT and I might like it better with the GD YS-6+ I have in the 905T. The 15* is another story. It's absolutely the best fairway wood I've ever hit. It is loooong, straight and forgiving. It sets up great and my mishits still go a ton. I highly recommend it. :idhitit:

Driver - Cleveland Launcher Turbo 10.5* Miyazaki 5R
Hybrid - Cleveland Halo #2 16* Miyazaki 6R
Irons - Cleveland CBX 4-PW Miyazaki 6R
Wedges - Cleveland CBX 50* & 54* Rotex
Putter - Cleveland Frontline Elevado
Ball - Srixon Z-Star

I love my 905T and played my Warbird 3+ for years. When I tried the Exotics driver and woods, my bag was turned upside-down.

I have a 10.5° Exotics driver with a stiff Fuji TP 27.3 shaft, the same shaft that's in my 905T.

I love it. It's flat-out fun to play with. I've hit it head to head with my T at the range and everytime I'm so impressed that it's the Exotics that makes its way to the course with me, not the T.

I also picked up the Exotics 3+ wood which I sold because I actually hit it too far. So I recently picked up an Exotics 15° 3-wood, which I probably still hit too far. I already have an Exotics 7-wood (never had a 7-wood before) which I hit typical 5-wood length for me, 220-230. I'm toying with the idea of selling my 3-wood and going with their 16.5° 4-wood. The stock price for the clubs is crazy, IMO. Thank goodness for ebay.

I haven't had matching woods since when the Warbirds first came out. That's how much I love these clubs, that I'm willing to have all the same goofy headcovers in my bag. :-)

Kidding. Like the headcovers, LOVE the clubs.

I have the 15 and 18 degree 3 and 5 woods, and WITH A GOOD SHAFT are by far the best I've ever hit. I didn't care for the OEM Fuji shaft; it felt too light for me, and though I got distance, it wasn't accurate enough for my tastes. I got a couple of untipped 757 pullouts on e-bay and the clubs are absolute dynamite. BY FAR the straightest, most forgiving 3 and 5 woods I've ever hit, and as long as AGT Supernovas. The ball can be worked, but I'm just happy to hit straight. I'm much more aggressive on long par 4's and par 5's now, and getting better results.

The driver is actually quite good, too. I have a 10.5 with the NV 65 (which, according to Aldila reps is the exact same shaft as the aftermarket NV's, with just a slight graphics difference) and it is quite long and very forgiving. I haven't played with the shafting, but I'm quite impressed with the driver as well. I bought a Wishon 949 MC with a Mugen, and while it's a very good club, it's been unable to knock the TEE out of the bag. (I'm currently in the process of ho-ing a G-Field driver from Chris at TSG which will next do battle with the TEE).

I have a 6 iron ordered from Tour Edge to try their irons without risking buying an entire set without a decent demo. We'll see about that one in a week or so.

I've been very impressed with the quality and performance of the Tour Edge Exotics clubs so far.