Ever had anyone hit into your group?

[quote name='aaronvandu27' post='1945490' date='Sep 11 2009, 03:33 PM']the best thing to do in this situation is to run up to there clubs take there driver run away and leave a note with a place and time on where to meet if he wants his driver back then give it back to him in two pieces ... works every time trust me ![/quote]

Huh? If someone hits into you, you should then steal and vandalize their clubs?

Perfect.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been hit into a number of times, and how I react depends upon the situation.

If the course is crowded and there some killers behind us, when we reach a green on a par 5 I'll ask my playing partners if we could let the guys behind play up. If somebody hits the green, we can still mark his ball and putt out long before they've reached the green as everybody on my course walks. The guys behind you will be very thankful and will never hit into you [b]unexpectedly[/b], which is the main cause of accidents.

Now if somebody behind me simply hits into us, there are different levels of stupidity:

The ball rolls into/past us. The guy behind knows his distances and I can get over it.

The ball flies over us. For me thats murder one, and the ball gets teed up and hit back at them...which has happened twice in 37 years. You should see how people scramble for cover when they see someone knowingly taking aim at them!

I really don't care as long as I don't get hit unless its just out of ignorance. Now if its a drivable par 4 or a very long 2nd shot on a par 5 then go for it as long as you yell. Its tough to watch some guys wait from 280 yards on a par 5 after a 240 yard drive.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

My typical hole. Drive the ball 280. 200 to go. Wait, wait, wait. My father in law hits. I wait...and wait...and wait. The green finally clears and I chunk my hybrid 20 yards. After a couple of years of these I decide screw it, I can't reach them anyways. A couple of years ago we're playing a par 5, 550ish. I nut my driver 300 +, just past the 250 marker. The green is elevated so I again say screw it, I can't reach'em anyways. I take out my 4 hybrid, take a nice smooth swing and...you know the feeling off the tee, you hit it, pose for about half a second, grab the tee and try not to proclaim "I AM THE GREATEST!!!" ? The second the ball left the club was wow and uh oh. My foursome in unison yell FORE. The ball hits the cart path behind the green and scares off the poor bastards on the next tee box where the ball came to rest. I have not hit a hybrid anywhere close to that far since. I got a thumbs up from both groups. Since then, I wait.

I was at the range a couple months ago. These 2 young ladies come up and are hitting a couple spots over from me. Later I go over to the chipping area and start working on some short chips around the green. The young ladies come over a couple minutes later and are chipping from the other side of the practice green. Im standing over a chip when all of a sudden "SMACK"! The girl bullets one across the green and hits me right in the rib cage...on the fly! She came over and apologized. I cut her some slack since it was purely accidental...and she was kinda hot!

I accidentally hit into a group on the green a couple weeks ago, I had no idea they were there. Par five, first hole, second shot is blind as there is hill that blocks the view of the green. Now when I got to the course there was no one teeing off the hole and I don't see anyone on the fairway. I check in at the pro shop and go right to the first tee. Take a couple practice swings and then wait for a minute or two for a group coming down an adjacent hole who hit it near my fairway. Hit my drive about 260, walk to it and don't even think to walk to top of the hill to check if the green is clear because I hadn't seen anyone the entire time. Knock a 3 wood towards the left side of the green. Walk up and when I get to the top of the hill there's may ball on the back left part of the green and there a foresome in carts putting out. They were on the second tee by the time i walked up there. I apologized profusely when I get up there, then again when I get to the tee, and again after I tee'd off. They were obviously ticked and rightfully so. I have no idea where they heck they were the entire time, but best guess is they were searching for a ball in a creek. Even so it was entirely my fault. My bad :fool:

Driver- Cally Mavrik SZ 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, S
3wd- Cally Flash SZ, UST ATTAS Elements, S
Hybrids- Cally Flash 18* & Apex Pro 24* Matrix HM3 95 Black Tie, S
Irons- TM 790 4-6,  TM 760 6-PW,  Steelfiber i95, S
GW- TM  770, Modus 105 S
SW/LW- Cally MD3, Modus 105 S
Putter- Cameron Futura

On the Par 3 muni course I play at there are two 150+ yard side by side straight holes teeing off in opposite directions. Given the number of beginning golfers that play there, it is sometimes a scary situation. Yesterday the guy I was playing with was hit in the hip by a terrible shot from a female golfer teeing off on the hole to the left in the opposite direction. The guy that was hit was actually walking down the RIGHT side of his own fairway and was still hit by a ridiculously wayward shot from the other tee. And, best of all, no FORE until after the hit. It was ugly.

I have hit into people before--always by accident. Regardless of how careful you are, it happens sometimes (and sometimes you don't even know it). I hit into some guys on a course I didn't know. The landing area was hidden from view, and everyone in my group thought the group ahead was already on the green. I got to my ball and it was sitting on a tee. I appreciated the way they handled it, and drove up to the green to apologize. They were great about it.

One nice thing about having a rangefinder is that you never have to guess whether someone is out of range.

We had someone airmail us on a par 5 while we waited to hit our second shots. The landing area is blind if you cut the corner (go over the trees) so we let it go. While I was puttiing, the same guy who airmailed us, hit onto the green. I backed off the putt, took a couple steps toward the fairway and pointed at him. I dramatically pointed at my head (as in 'use your freaking brain"). They kept their distance for the rest of the round.

MP600
Cleveland Launcher (09) 15*
Cleveland TA7 2-iron DG S/L
Cleveland TA1 3-9
Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58
Cleveland Classic 2

I was playing at the local muni with my dad one evening and we were hit into three times, yep, three times in one night. By the same group. First time, we were standing on the third tee box and these guys were on the fourth hole which runs in the oposite direction. One of the members of the other group hits a big banana slice onto the tee box where I am in the middle of my backswing. No call of "Fore!" or anything. I leave the ball teed up for him.

Fast forward to the seventh hole. My dad and myself are in the fairway walking to hit our approaches and the same guy hits the same slice from the eighth tee and lands about 3 yards in front of our tee shots, we are roughly 8 yards from the balls. Now they are between us and the green. The group comes zooming down the path from the tee and parks right in front of our tee shots. At this point my dad says, "Didn't you guys already play this hole? Yell fore next time." I don't know if they thought he was joking or not, but the guy who hit the slice proceeds to hit his second shot without acknowledgement. We decide to give them a wide berth at this point as the course is almost empty.

We make the turn and catch up with this group at the 10th tee, where we decide to skip over to number 12, as these guys are hitting a combined 8 balls on each tee. So we are playing along, and we get to the 16th green. And what do you know, the same Top Flite XL 2000 that I have seen all day comes flying over the trees and onto the green with no warning again. By now I've had enough, but rather than ruin a round of golf with my dad, shrug it off, for the most part... I take out my sharpie, write "fore" on the Top Flite, and toss it over the trees. Hopefully my message got across. ;)