2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

George Spirits golf

mizguy

Opinions of these clubs
Topic says it all. I'm just wondering how are they?, comparable to anything else?, and anything else you might add.

Callaway Rogue sub zero 9* w/PX hzrdus yellow 75X
Callaway Rogue sub zero 13.5* w/PX hzrdus yellow 85X
Callaway X forged 18 3,4,5 iron PX 6.5
Callaway Apex mb 18 6-PW  PX 6.5
Callaway MD 4 52* S grind, Callaway MD 4 58* S grind
Callaway PM 2.0 64*
Ping Sigma Tyne 33”

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a client up in the Washington DC area that has a bag full of them. The Sakura irons, 3 and 5 woods, and a couple of the most interesting looking wedges I've ever seen. Like any clubs, getting them set up correctly makes all the difference in the world, but I thought they were extraordinary. Possibly the most solid feelng irons I've ever hit - but the price tag will bring you back to reality. I thought my Miura's were expensive, the George Spirits stuff brought tears to my eyes...little chance of them ever ending up in my bag! If you can afford them, they are a must try.

• 2 months later...

[i] have hit the gs- cb here in Calgary, and it is amazing[/i]. Looks like mizuno copied this head for the MP 58. (not saying they actually copied it but it sure looks similar)

9*Cobra LTDx LS Graphite Design VR-6s
14.5* Ping G425 LST Accra TZ6 75 M4
19* TEE C723 Accra TZ6 85H M4

23* TEE C723 Accra TZ6 85H M4
5-pw Srixon mkii zx7 Modus 105s
52* Vokey F grind bent to 51
56* Vokey F grind bent to 55
60*-Callaway Jaws Full Toe 
Sizemore xb-1 mid slant tour proto

[quote name='kamtile' date='06 December 2009 - 04:52 PM' timestamp='1260136379' post='2107651']
Isnt this the company owned by the scumbag that stole the Gauge name and logo from David Whitlam ?
[/quote]

[size=3]There are two sides to every story. Here's what I've piecedtogether across websites a few years ago. The 1st Gauge Design registrationanywhere in the world was by Takei in Gauge Design Japan. It sounds like Takeiand David Whitlam had an agreement that David register and run US along withmanufacturing the putters for Gauge Design Japan as partners. Not so long afterthat Gauge Design Japan had a big issue with the quality of the putters Whitlamwas making with milling marks rusting, aluinsers not fitting flush, headweights off, and production delays. Plus supposedly David wasn't willing to fixor pay for the repairs. Theprompted Gauge Design Japan to start making their own putters.[/size]

[size=3]The bottom line is we will never know the truth, You can believe oneside or the other. Both of them pretty much have the same story for each other.[/size][size=3] [/size]

[size="4"][size=2]
[/size][/size]

• 3 months later...

I have played the GS-MB irons for about a year now along with the wedges I purchased from someone at the other site. I have KBS shafts in all of them. I love the set of clubs. Forgiving enough for me and are very soft feeling. They perform great as well, no digging at all. The look and feel are the best. I play the R7 forged before them and had some Scratch demos. It is getting close to time to switch as they are wearing down on me. Love another set if I can find them used as the price is very high. Not a big fan of the offset on the gap and sand wedges but love the 60. I am around a 4 HC and tried many clubs. Any questions just ask.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='golftech' timestamp='1266378547' post='2256893']
[quote name='kamtile' date='06 December 2009 - 04:52 PM' timestamp='1260136379' post='2107651']
Isnt this the company owned by the scumbag that stole the Gauge name and logo from David Whitlam ?
[/quote]

[size=3]There are two sides to every story. Here's what I've piecedtogether across websites a few years ago. The 1st Gauge Design registrationanywhere in the world was by Takei in Gauge Design Japan. It sounds like Takeiand David Whitlam had an agreement that David register and run US along withmanufacturing the putters for Gauge Design Japan as partners. Not so long afterthat Gauge Design Japan had a big issue with the quality of the putters Whitlamwas making with milling marks rusting, aluinsers not fitting flush, headweights off, and production delays. Plus supposedly David wasn't willing to fixor pay for the repairs. Theprompted Gauge Design Japan to start making their own putters.[/size]

[size=3]The bottom line is we will never know the truth, You can believe oneside or the other. Both of them pretty much have the same story for each other.[/size][size=3] [/size]

[size="4"][size=2]
[/size][/size]
[/quote]

Please feel free to use the space bar.

Titleist TSR2 9 Fujikura Ventus Blue
Srixon ZX mkll 15 Ventus Red

Taylormade Sim2 Max 19 GD
Srixon ZX 5 MKII 4-AW Nippon
Vokey SM7 54/10

Vokey SM9 59/5

Scotty tri sole Newport 2 ct

Titleist ProV1

Na Yeon Choi just won last week with a George Spirits GT-450 driver. One other girl in the final group also had one in the bag.

Callaway Rogue sub zero 9* w/PX hzrdus yellow 75X
Callaway Rogue sub zero 13.5* w/PX hzrdus yellow 85X
Callaway X forged 18 3,4,5 iron PX 6.5
Callaway Apex mb 18 6-PW  PX 6.5
Callaway MD 4 52* S grind, Callaway MD 4 58* S grind
Callaway PM 2.0 64*
Ping Sigma Tyne 33”

I hit the half moon blades..pure hits did not feel great.. they look incredible.. top notch workmanship,... I'm a scratch player and wanted to love these so bad... but they just didn't feel that solid plus top line is to thick..also maybe it was the Rombax shaft.. pass... The GS CB on the Matrix Ozik Program 95 shaft .. wow! High and deep .. my normal 6 iron is 190 , with that setup my carry averaged 204 and launched like an 8 iron and felt like butter, the only problem for me is that the heads are too big .. I kept feeling like I was going to shovel dirt .. I never hit fat but it just didn't fit my eye.. so I went with Ozik Program 95 SG shafts pearlesent white black n red , red Iomic 2.3 stickys white lettering black end caps and satin ZO blades... about as butter as you can get.. the sound of that blade cutting through the air mixed with the sound of a flush shot.. 6 iron average carry is 200 .. me likey muchness!.. time to get back to the plus 3 days... passed weapons.. Tourstage Z 101 .. two set Miura blades... when I have the rest of the money, Sakura's will be my gamers

Also I did not hit the GT mb but did set it down side by side with my ZO's ...perfect! About the same height, a hair longer than the ZO's and almost no offset..and the Sakura CB look completely insane! Huge toss up ... the Sakura blades are a shoe in but if the Sakura CB's have a thin topline it will come down to a test.. the Sakura cb Retails for $3200 plus my Ozik Program shafts n Iomics out the door with tax around $4300 retail .. I won 3 mini tour events for $5,100.. so no real cash out of pocket ... thanks mini tour.. I wouldn't have been able to get them otherwise...broke but happy!

[quote name='rjklein4470' timestamp='1288552400' post='2767793']
So now I am hooked on these, the moon backs look awsome. anybody hit these.
[/quote]

I have seen these heads in person and they look amazing from the address position and they are very soft feeling. As others have said if they weren't so expensive I would get a set. I was impressed by the quality of the heads.

In my above post I mentioned that's did a side by side comparison an address with the GT MB and my ZO blade..actually it was the GT pro series .. ZO blades had always fit my eye perfectly until I saw GT pro, I have not hit the GT pro , but did hit the GS cb and they feel just as soft as my ZO's I could only imagine how there blade might feel ..so my question is, being that there all made of S20C is there any significant difference in all of george spirits blades , Sakura, GT pro, MB , does the Sakura and GT pro look similar at address or no ... as of right now I am sold on the GT pro unless the Sakura look and feel better , any information would be great thanks .

[quote name='potuna' timestamp='1288321360' post='2764416']
[quote name='golftech' timestamp='1266378547' post='2256893']
[/quote]

[size="3"]There are two sides to every story. Here's what I've piecedtogether across websites a few years ago. The 1st Gauge Design registrationanywhere in the world was by Takei in Gauge Design Japan. It sounds like Takeiand David Whitlam had an agreement that David register and run US along withmanufacturing the putters for Gauge Design Japan as partners. Not so long afterthat Gauge Design Japan had a big issue with the quality of the putters Whitlamwas making with milling marks rusting, aluinsers not fitting flush, headweights off, and production delays. Plus supposedly David wasn't willing to fixor pay for the repairs. Theprompted Gauge Design Japan to start making their own putters.[/size]

[size="3"]The bottom line is we will never know the truth, You can believe oneside or the other. Both of them pretty much have the same story for each other.[/size][size="3"] [/size]

[size="4"][size="2"]
[/size][/size]
[/quote]

Please feel free to use the space bar.
[/quote]

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Something Rare
Something JDM
WITB Link

• 1 month later...

I've been looking at the George Spitits wedges, there are a few different models , the one I was interested in is a model that has some what of a raw finish half moon heel design , it has a spin milled face and box grooves , and something kind of interesting in the center of the grooves roughly grooves starting from the bottom 2 through 7 are cut deeper than the rest of the grooves, does anybody have information on these or have any experience with these wedges ...what I'm basically looking for is a wedge with a ton of bite and an extremely soft feel ...I do like the leading edge of the club but am wondering does the half moon heel have an effect on play ...I imagine it would have an effect when opened up ...how does it play from bunker or rough ..thanks for any info