2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

That ole AD333 Srixon

Cornbread

I wish everyone would try it at least once.
Just got in from the course.
For the past 2 years I have been playing 3 & 4 piece (mostly Urethane) balls. But this weekend I found 2 sleeves of Srixon AD333's that I use to play a couple of years back. So today I said what the heck, lets try them again.
Ended up shooting 1 over par. Not that the ball was the reason for the decent score, however I am here to tell you, that if your swing speed is between 80couple and say 93, and if you haven't tried this ball.... I beg you to try it out.
I have always been impressed with it High iron spin rates, and its medium Driver spin rates, but again today I can't find fault in the performance of this Ball.
If any of you with the proper swing speed and a low handicap do try it, I would really like to hear your unbias feedback.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

walmart had them on clearence for 9.00 a dozen so i picked up 3 of them after reading some reviews. i found it worked great in all aspects for my game. i played 27 holes yesterday 9 of them with the ad333 and 18 with the E6+, the E6 felt better and was 1/2 to 1 club longer but for 9.00 the ad333 was a great ball.

G25 10.5 kiyoshi purple 75
G25 3w kiyoshi purple 85
G25 5w kiyoshi purple 85
S55 3-p kbs tour
52/58 anser kbs tour
Golo 7 cb

The AD333 is a good ball.When I started playing golf about 6 years ago I used the AD333 and have left it now and then(mostly from reading golf magazine ball tests) BUT I keep coming back to this Srixon ball.

Believe or not the main reason I keep coming back to the Ad333 is that I putt better with this ball than most any other ball.I mean I putt a LOT better.

I think how well you putt with a ball is the MOST important aspect of a ball,however it is aspect that OFTEN over looked

Callaway Rouge 10.5

Rouge 3 wood

XR hybrid 19*

4-LW XR irons

White Hot 1

Main problem I have with 'em is when the weather gets warm, they go real high on me.

Other than that, best cold weather ball I've ever played.

D -  TM Stealth+ Kuro Kage 5th Gen 60g S

4W - Ping Anser TFC S

3H - Ping Anser TFC S

4-PW W/S D7 Forged KBS $ Taper Lite S
48* W - Cleveland Zipcore RTX 6 DGS S

54* W - Cleveland Zipcore RTX 6 DGS S

60* W - Cleveland Zipcore RTX 6 DGS S

Putter - 22 TM Spider X Short Slant Hydroblast

Srixon Z-Star - Yellow
10.7 Hdcp (CPGA) 

[quote name='jswjr' date='14 June 2010 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1276568312' post='2509621']
The AD333 is a good ball.When I started playing golf about 6 years ago I used the AD333 and have left it now and then(mostly from reading golf magazine ball tests) BUT I keep coming back to this Srixon ball.

Believe or not the main reason I keep coming back to the Ad333 is that I putt better with this ball than most any other ball.I mean I putt a LOT better.

I think how well you putt with a ball is the MOST important aspect of a ball,however it is aspect that OFTEN over looked
[/quote]
I don't see that discussed much either. The putter face / ball cover relationship is important but rarely discussed in here. Probably because Golfers don't get much TV Advertising & Marketing Hype concerning putter faces like they do everything else golf related.

The better the Greens, the more important ball feel & ball roll becomes.

[quote name='jswjr' date='14 June 2010 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1276568312' post='2509621']
The AD333 is a good ball.
[/quote]

You know, until you mentioned the AD333 & putting... I had overlooked the fact that today I made several very nice & long putts with the 333. Didn't miss any 4 footers either.
As for ball spin... my 120 to 150 yard shot all stopped within 14 to 18 inches of their contact point on the greens, with most ending up on my side of the divot.

I like the AD333 probably as much as any cheaper ball - it certainly putts better than most, if not all of them. It is great when it's cooler, but I find when the greens firm up I can't get it to stop anywhere close to a urethane ball. Most of that problem lies with me not getting enough height and spin on the ball, but it's still just not the best fit for me. I also find that they get scuffed up easier than most of the urethane balls I've tried or even the Soft Feel or Trispeed. I still do like the ball and if I could get more height and spin on my approach shots I'd probably still be playing it if it wasn't for the fact that I loaded up on Z-Stars during a BOGO deal.

I have been using the AD333 for over a year.They had a promotion last year of (2) for $25 since they were coming out with their new AD333 model. I bought 8 boxes.
I have been saying for a long time, that the AD333 is the most under-rated ball on the market.

I have tried many other balls on the market and keep coming back to the AD333. For my game, it is long off the tee and it 'one hops and stops' on the green. The Pro V1 does the same thing, for me, and the AD333 costs $25 less.

I've been a slave to 3 & 4 piece balls, and a huge fan of the Trispeed and Z-Star balls. I'll have to give the AD333 a try. Being here on the East Coast of Canada, sometimes need a cool weather ball for a little while longer in the Spring, and again in the fall. From what I've read on this site it is a good fit for the colder temps.

I have a couple sleeves left that I plan to put in action. If I am not playing a tour ball, the AD333 is the only other I will play. Good spin around the greens, high iron flight, good distance off the tee. I agree that putting with this ball is good too. It's a great all round ball and, I think, plays closer to a tour ball than anything else out there. Not saying it is tour ball-level, but you get what I mean.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

This morning while playing, after about 5 holes, i was catching the twosome in front of me. So I started playing two tee shots per hole. One with the Ad333 & one with the Taylormade TP/Blacks I've been playing for a week. The Srixon would generally fly straight as a stick (even thought its a medium spin driver ball) but more times than not, the TP's would fluctuate left or right at about 190 yards out during ball flight. It was a noticable difference.
I am not just saying this to hack on the Taylormades either, I like the feel of them as well. .

I play in a 9 hole Wed night blitz. I played the Sixron last night and shot even par for 9 holes. My best ever. 2 Birdies (missed eagle on both a Par 3 and Par 5 by a total of 1') and 1 double. I was playing on just punched greens so they were much softer than normal and thats why I played the ball in the first place. Putted great I can't remember so many up and downs.

• 5 months later...

[quote name='keb' timestamp='1292195862' post='2837525']
What is the difference between the AD333 and the Soft Feel.
[/quote]

Thinner softer cover on the ad333. Biggest difference is feel. I personally don't think there is enough of a difference in performance to warrant srixon (or really any company) to have more than one 2piece surlyn ball. Just my opinion

Have been swapping back and forth between the AD333 and Callaway BB Diablo ball this past summer. Love both balls, not much difference to me. The Callaway may be a bit longer, but the Srixon feels better around the greens. Have been able to find both balls at very reasonable prices here or there. With the Xmas promotions, I just bought 6 doz. AD333's for about $12 a doz. from one of the sites, can't recall which one. I really have tried to like the tour type balls, ProV's etc,etc........Just keep coming back to the 2 piece balls. Between the 2 piece balls and the tour balls, I shoot the same scores (low 80's-high 70's) and spend a whole lot less on the Srixon, Diablo etc........One more ball that fits that category is the Pinnacle Platinum Feel ball. Really like this ball as well and can buy these for about $10 a doz. from time to time.................