Why is my ad being deleted?

SOONERMAGIC

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ORLANDOZAC13' timestamp='1282138494' post='2646739']
If you have time to police the forum you have time to send a 20 word PM telling me why you are removing a post that took me 30min to put up? Save us all the pain in the ars and just pm us letting us know why our ads are being pulled.

Anyone care to enlighten me?
[/quote]

You still have an open ad so that could be it. You need to close it yourself. Button is on bottom right side. [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/394659-sold/page__p__2583454__fromsearch__1#entry2583454"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/394659-sold/page__p__2583454__fromsearch__1#entry2583454[/url]

Driver- Cally Mavrik SZ 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, S
3wd- Cally Flash SZ, UST ATTAS Elements, S
Hybrids- Cally Flash 18* & Apex Pro 24* Matrix HM3 95 Black Tie, S
Irons- TM 790 4-6,  TM 760 6-PW,  Steelfiber i95, S
GW- TM  770, Modus 105 S
SW/LW- Cally MD3, Modus 105 S
Putter- Cameron Futura

Yeah didnt know that was how to close it. I just posted SOLD please close. Guess that wasnt good enough. I just dont want to post a new ad until a mod or admin lets me know for sure why my ad was pulled. It took me forever to get that ad up and I dont want to spend anymore time on it until I know why it was pulled (as to not repeat the same mistake)

This is getting stupid. Just take 2 seconds and send a minimal pm as to what rule was broken and why the ad was removed. This whole figure it out yourself stuff is alittle excessive just let us know save us all the trouble.

What's up with the sense of entitlement that a mod should take their time to clue you in to the rules when they're there for reading? And on a free site nonetheless. Rules are clear, and you clearly violated one as pointed out by the previous poster. Take a few minutes to read the rules and post a correct ad.

Why is it everyone else's responsibility but yours? You expect them to hold your hand while you post?

I think I've see a total of TWO listings out of well over a thousand that were pulled by the mods incorrectly and both times, they reinstated the post.

But when you make a mistake and your ad gets pulled, correct your problem and relist it. If there's no pain felt on your end, why would you make the same mistake again and again? The 30 minutes done twice should be a sufficient deterrant from "forgetting" to close your ad a second time.

Everyone else seems to be able to follow the rules just fine.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='ORLANDOZAC13' timestamp='1282138947' post='2646755']
Yeah didnt know that was how to close it. I just posted SOLD please close. Guess that wasnt good enough. I just dont want to post a new ad until a mod or admin lets me know for sure why my ad was pulled. It took me forever to get that ad up and I dont want to spend anymore time on it until I know why it was pulled (as to not repeat the same mistake)

This is getting stupid. Just take 2 seconds and send a minimal pm as to what rule was broken and why the ad was removed. This whole figure it out yourself stuff is alittle excessive just let us know save us all the trouble.
[/quote]

Ya I know it's a pain selling on this great sight with tons of buyers all with good feedback for [b]free[/b]! How annoying. Read the rules.

2024 Bag TBD

I'm not sure why one wouldn't simply paste the code/text for your post that took so long to put together into a local document before clicking submit. If you made a mistake and it gets deleted all you would need to do is fix it and paste it from that file right back into a new post. That saves you from having to start entirely from scratch.

10.5 (8.5) TM Sim2 w/ Smoke Blk 70 6.5  |||  16.5 HL Rogue ST LS w/ Smoke Blk 80 6.5

2i TM P790 w/ Smoke Blk HY 6.5  |||  4-PW Srixon ZX7 w/ S400

50.08 (SM9), 54.13 (TM MG3), 58.12 (SM9) w/ S400  |||  Byron Morgan 007

Yeah didnt know that was how to close it. I just posted SOLD please close. [b]Guess that wasnt good enough[/b]. I just dont want to post a new ad until a mod or admin lets me know for sure why my ad was pulled. It took me forever to get that ad up and I dont want to spend anymore time on it until I know why it was pulled (as to not repeat the same mistake)

[/quote]

No that isn't good enough - you have to close your ad.

Handicap:  3

[quote name='homeintwo' timestamp='1282149759' post='2647142']

[/quote]

Ya I know it's a pain selling on this great sight with tons of buyers all with good feedback for [b]free[/b]! How annoying. Read the rules.
[/quote]

Yeah... the words I have for you would get deleted and have me in hot water on this forum. Annoying is trolling an advice form and being a tool.

As far as copying and pasting to a "local" document I dont know what that is. Im not very computer savy. Im still curious what kind of person trolls this part of the forum to give anything other than advice. I was only saying, an extensive post like mine with that many items "I" feel should regard a courtesy PM saying, "hey delete your other post, we will lock your current ad until the other is closed, or for gods sake, close the thread that has no items in it and says CLOSED/SOLD!!" Its little stuff like this that is the reason I have not yet paid to be a "club member". It takes the same amount of time to delete the thread that has no items in it and says CLOSED as it does to delete the one I just spent a half hr creating so why not just do that? So my frustration stems from that. But maybe I just dont understand the lack of reasoning behind the decision to delete post full of items but not the one that is empty and says SOLD/CLOSED. BUT like you all keep saying, RULES are RULES, I just wonder how any others have been reluctant to contribute $$ to this site over minor annoyances like that. Then again the site seems to be doing just fine fiscally, and good for them.

blah blah blah.. ...

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1282149367' post='2647129']
Why is it everyone else's responsibility but yours? You expect them to hold your hand while you post?

[/quote]

Who said its anyone elses responsibility? I just said it takes the same amount of time to be curteous as it does to just delete my post full of items instead of the empty on that says SOLD!! And yes a sweaty warm hand in mine is just what I was looking for to ease my BST posting woes.. thanks..

EVERYONE? No there is a forum full of these posts. So please refrain from acting like I'm the only retard that has this problem.

[quote name='ORLANDOZAC13' timestamp='1282146673' post='2647037']
Obviously I had taken the time to read the rules....  You all know better though, noses in the air... :russian_roulette:
[/quote]
Obviously you hadn't. Or, at least, not in way that allowed you to adequately digest them you hadn't, anyway.

Not necessarily[i] all,[/i] but certainly[i] plenty[/i] of regular sellers haven't had to resort to posting a [i]Why was my ad deleted?[/i] thread yet and, in the process, demonstrate that they haven't taken notice of the rules which are clearly printed atop the forum's opening page.

Those posters, at least, [i]do indeed [/i]know better.

The bit that says[b] 9. Members must close your own AD once the item(s) is sold, traded or no longer available [/b]in big letters at the top of the page that you claim to heave read (and [i]not [/i]Members should type 'Sold. Please Close' on the last page of the listing once an item is sold) is the bit that means all the bellyaching is utterly groundless.

I don't even use the BST and it took me all of a few seconds to twig what you'd done wrong.

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Anser 2

I think I've see a total of TWO listings out of well over a thousand that were pulled by the mods incorrectly and both times, they reinstated the post.

But when you make a mistake and your ad gets pulled, correct your problem and relist it. If there's no pain felt on your end, why would you make the same mistake again and again? The 30 minutes done twice should be a sufficient deterrant from "forgetting" to close your ad a second time.

[/quote]

He was asking why the mods cant send a short PM why the ad was closed. I have had ads pulled with no explanation either. So with all the rules, how do you know what you're doing wrong?

Just my opinion.

Well, don't read too much emotion into response. I'll just try to provide the history and my personal observations.

1. Too many people were using the BST incorrectly making it unmanageable. Mods tried to fix postings or communicate the issue with the OP, but it became too much to manage. So they modified their approach to say that if the BST thread was done against the rules, it would just be deleted. Considering the multitude of crap they've had to deal with keeping that forum clean, I can't say I blame them.

2. About every week, there's a posting from someone asking why their BST thread was deleted. 9 times out of 10, it's a simple rules infraction that is figured out within a minute of looking at the person's topics and referencing the rules. So it does get annoying...

It's a free service, yet so many people have decided to b**** about something they get to use for free with the basic premise that they follow the rules.

On the copy and paste...simply highlight the text of your FS post with your mouse, hold the "Ctrl" key and press "C" on your keyboard. Open up Microsoft Word, Notepad or some other word processor text program and hold the "Ctrl" key and press "P" on your keyboard. This will "C"opy and "P"aste the text into a local document which you can save and reference later to copy and paste back into a FS thread when the rules infraction is corrected. Hope my explaination doesn't appear diminutive...I just don't want to assume someone's technical proficiency.

[quote name='Slapjax7s ' timestamp='1282234982' post='2649161']

[/quote]

He was asking why the mods cant send a short PM why the ad was closed. I have had ads pulled with no explanation either. So with all the rules, how do you know what you're doing wrong?

Just my opinion.
[/quote]

Most reasonable post I have read today.

[quote name='ORLANDOZAC13' timestamp='1282235960' post='2649196']

[/quote]

Just my opinion.
[/quote]

[/quote]

What would be reasonable would be for you to just let this go. Put your tail between your legs and go play in another yard. Consider it a learning experience and let it go.

[quote name='JASONR5' timestamp='1282236268' post='2649203']
[quote name='ORLANDOZAC13' timestamp='1282235960' post='2649196']

[/quote]

Just my opinion.
[/quote]

[/quote]

What would be reasonable would be for you to just let this go. Put your tail between your legs and go play in another yard. Consider it a learning experience and let it go.
[/quote]

OK, but a learning experience from doing what? Can't learn from mistakes without knowing what ya did right?

If you have time to police the forum you have time to send a 20 word PM telling me why you are removing a post that took me 30min to put up? Save us all the pain in the ars and just pm us letting us know why our ads are being pulled.

[/quote]

[quote] [color="#515151"][b] Violation of any of these Rules (in addition to the Board rules) can result in BST rights and suspension.[u] Ads will be deleted without notice if rules are not strictly followed.[/u][/b][/color]
[color="#515151"][b]
[/b][/color]
[color="#515151"][b][b]3. Members are allowed one listing, maximum of 10 items, per 30 days of a particular item and one listing per 24 hours (i.e. no listing of an item, selling it, closing the ad and starting a brand new one a few hours later).[u] Seller must combine their Ads and cannot post new Ads unless their previous Ad is Closed or deleted.[/u][/b][/b][/color]
[color="#515151"][b][b][b] [/b][b]Repeated improper Reposting of Ads can warrant suspension of forum rights[/b].
[b]
[/b][/b][/b][/color]
[color="#515151"][b][b][b]14. Use the Violation button (even on your own listing) if help is needed[/b][/quote]
[color="#1C2837"][b]Rules[/b]

[u]Posting here is a privilege, not a right. And so isn't selling in the B/S/T Forum. [/u][/color] [/b][/b][/color]
[color="#515151"][b][b] [/b][/b][/color]
[color="#515151"][b][b][color="#1C2837"]While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.[/color]

[/b][/b][/color]
[color="#515151"][b][b]
[/b][/b][/color]
[color="#515151"][b]
[/b][/color]

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

[/quote]

Just my opinion.
[/quote]

The quick and dirty answer to that question is that the mods DID send PMs in the past. I can't speak for them, but I'd guess they were ignored greater than half the time. So why should they go out of their way for people that can't read, comprehend, or follow the rules? This is a free service and the mods aren't getting paid by this site anyway. Why is it upon them and not upon the person that wants to post an ad?

This is the reason that there is a post on EVERY BST forum that says "You ad will be deleted [b]without warning[/b] if..." and it's a result of posts like this. But coming on here with attitude like someone shot your dog doesn't help matters. Yes, ads take time to post. yes, uploading to limited space creates problems. But you would think with all the effort needed to list, you'd double check your work and make sure you did everything right before you posted.

I personally love the fact that people are held accountable for their BST ads. That's part of the sport that all of us claim to enjoy: personal responsibility and following the rules. It's also not their responsibility to point out what you are doing wrong. If you don't know the rules, it'll still cost you two strokes on the course too.

[quote name='MrParr1Noid' timestamp='1282244689' post='2649536']

[/quote]

[quote] [color="#515151"][b]Violation of any of these Rules (in addition to the Board rules) can result in BST rights and suspension.[u] Ads will be deleted without notice if rules are not strictly followed.[/u][/b][/color]
[color="#515151"][b]
[/b][/color]
[color="#515151"][b][b]3. Members are allowed one listing, maximum of 10 items, per 30 days of a particular item and one listing per 24 hours (i.e. no listing of an item, selling it, closing the ad and starting a brand new one a few hours later).[u] Seller must combine their Ads and cannot post new Ads unless their previous Ad is Closed or deleted.[/u][/b][/b][/color]
[color="#515151"][b][b][b]Repeated improper Reposting of Ads can warrant suspension of forum rights[/b].
[b]
[/b][/b][/b][/color]
[color="#515151"][b][b][b]14. Use the Violation button (even on your own listing) if help is needed[/b][/quote]
[color="#1c2837"][b]Rules[/b]

[u]Posting here is a privilege, not a right. And so isn't selling in the B/S/T Forum. [/u][/color] [/b][/b][/color]
[color="#515151"][/font][/color]
[color="#515151"][font="verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif"][b][b][color="#1c2837"]While debating and discussion is fine, [size="4"][color="#ffff00"]we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, or purposeless inflammatory posts[/color].[/size] Our decision is final in these matters.[/color]

[/b][/b][/color]
[color="#515151"][b][b]
[/b][/b][/color]
[color="#515151"][b]
[/b][/color]

[/quote]

Was any of this going on? Or is this just a warning? I felt this was a pretty docile discussion.

Either way, I still have not touched the BST since, I rarely have time to sit here and upload 20 pics. Soooo if there is anyway you can pull the post from your trash bin and repost it that would be greatly appreciated, and if you cant, well..

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1282245422' post='2649563']

[/quote]

Just my opinion.
[/quote]

The quick and dirty answer to that question is that the mods DID send PMs in the past. I can't speak for them, but I'd guess they were ignored greater than half the time. So why should they go out of their way for people that can't read, comprehend, or follow the rules? This is a free service and the mods aren't getting paid by this site anyway. Why is it upon them and not upon the person that wants to post an ad?

This is the reason that there is a post on EVERY BST forum that says "You ad will be deleted [b]without warning[/b] if..." and it's a result of posts like this. But coming on here with attitude like someone shot your dog doesn't help matters. Yes, ads take time to post. yes, uploading to limited space creates problems. But you would think with all the effort needed to list, you'd double check your work and make sure you did everything right before you posted.

I personally love the fact that people are held accountable for their BST ads. That's part of the sport that all of us claim to enjoy: personal responsibility and following the rules. It's also not their responsibility to point out what you are doing wrong. If you don't know the rules, it'll still cost you two strokes on the course too.
[/quote]

It is a free service until you pay the $5 for an ad if you don't have enough posts. Also, some of us are WRX members which we pay a $35 fee to get in on the contests which is great. I wouldn't mind paying a fee to be a member of this site knowing I would be contacted for a violation. That's the point I am trying to make. I have been suspended from the site before without any explanation as well which I think stinks. The guy was asking a question, no need to blow up on him or me.

[quote name='mat562' timestamp='1282234833' post='2649158']
[quote name='ORLANDOZAC13' timestamp='1282146673' post='2647037']
Obviously I had taken the time to read the rules.... You all know better though, noses in the air... :russian_roulette:
[/quote]
Obviously you hadn't. Or, at least, not in way that allowed you to adequately digest them you hadn't, anyway.

Not necessarily[i] all,[/i] but certainly[i] plenty[/i] of regular sellers haven't had to resort to posting a [i]Why was my ad deleted?[/i] thread yet and, in the process, demonstrate that they haven't taken notice of the rules which are clearly printed atop the forum's opening page.

Those posters, at least, [i]do indeed [/i]know better.

The bit that says[b] 9. Members must close your own AD once the item(s) is sold, traded or no longer available [/b]in big letters at the top of the page that you claim to heave read (and [i]not [/i]Members should type 'Sold. Please Close' on the last page of the listing once an item is sold) is the bit that means all the bellyaching is utterly groundless.

I don't even use the BST and it took me all of a few seconds to twig what you'd done wrong.

[/quote]

mat, you crack me up each time i read one of your posts, great entertainment.

to the OP, very simple my friend, read the rules, check you post, copy and paste the ad just in case and/or ask questions before you post to avoid any issues.

I've got pretty good feedback, but i can't say i've never had an ad deleted, happened ONCE and that's all it took for me to learn from it. So, just take it as a learning lesson and move on and if you think its such a hassle, go to flea bay, they don't care how many ads you have, that's just more money for them, JAT

917 D2 w/Diamana S+ 60g
Titleist 917F 15* w/Tour AD Di
Titleist 718 AP2s
Adams PNT v1 18* and v2 22*
Vokey SM5 46*
Vokey Cold Forged 52/10
Vokey SM6 Brushed Copper 56/08
Vokey TVD 60*
SC 009 Triple Skulls 350g

I seriously hope you don't think that response was "blowing up" at you.

The OP started this thread with a head full of steam and still seems to think that it's everyone's fault but his own. There is continued justification for why everyone else is wrong but him.

How hard is it to read a dozen rules and follow them? If you make a mistake, it's one of those 12 items you need to troubleshoot. But when you start a thread with the attitude displayed in the first post, expect it to be fired right back at you. Learn from your mistakes and move on. If you had spent half the time proofreading your post that you spent whining in this thread, your stuff would probably be sold by now.

I seriously hope you don't think that response was "blowing up" at you.

The OP started this thread with a head full of steam and still seems to think that it's everyone's fault but his own. There is continued justification for why everyone else is wrong but him.

How hard is it to read a dozen rules and follow them? If you make a mistake, it's one of those 12 items you need to troubleshoot. But when you start a thread with the attitude displayed in the first post, expect it to be fired right back at you. Learn from your mistakes and move on. If you had spent half the time proofreading your post that you spent whining in this thread, your stuff would probably be sold by now.

The funny thing is? I've posted for the topic originator what his rules violations were and what GolfWRX;s stance is on those rules infraction that he made, yet he fails to acknowledge those rules. He still keeps trying to take the argument to where "He" he wants it to go.

I'm out.smile.gif

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser