When does Tigers Nike contract expire?

Pure and simple, no one can afford him but Nike. There is zero chance of him moving.

Also, who's to say he would do better somewhere else?

He currently has Tom Stites and a full design team, state of the art CAD/CAM software, top of the line CNC's (5 axis, coolant through tool), probably some of the top grinding/finishing guys around, Rock Ichii designing balls for him etc...

Honestly, how is he going to improve on that with some other company or starting his own?

His driver is giving him problems, but in this case it's the golfer, not the club. They can give him virtually any loft, face angle and lie he wants. He can try out every shaft made with various tipping/insertion depths etc... They can manipulate the swinweight and center of gravity for him. If all that fails he can move back to the Ignite.

As has been previously pointed out, his contract stipulates that he can play clubs from other manufacturers if he wants. He went back to the 975D awhile back and was still spraying it, albeit 15 yards shorter than the 460cc heads.

The only option we haven't seen him try (I could be wrong on this, feel free to correct me), is a modern 460cc head on a steel shaft. it's not as if Nike is preventing him from doing this.

So in summary, Tiger isn't going anywhere. He has built the TW brand with Nike and isn't just going to "start over".

It would be cool if tiger did start his own golf equipment company at the end of his competitive career and started designing courses like jack is doing

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just cant imagine NIKE without TIGER and vice versa. TIGER does has way to much invested with the company, he would have to take it all with him. but im sure TITLEIST and the other have sent him "fruit baskets" and the such. NIKE doesnt disclose earnings for golf individually, but as a company as a whole. thus TIGER has a 65 BILLION DOLLLAR company behind him. and when the "EVIL" monster NIKE gets hungry it will eat where ever it wants. LOOK FOR TIGER to become more forward thinking and SIGN FOR LESS but with bonuses. with the company building with more top 20 players thanks to TIGER's new contract negotiated by TIGER himself.

#1 most recognized athlete in the country by the public. . .

I don't know when Tiger's deal is up, but he's not going ANYWHERE. Nike's invested way too much into keeping Tiger happy to let him change.

The most recognizable is pretty funny. He and Stevie were jogging down the street, mid-day at the Buick Invitational in January. Tiger had on black under armour type gear, a black skully cap, and an iPod. Ran right past about 200 spectators who were waiting in line to get in. Only a hand full noticed Stevie Williams who was in normal shorts and shirt. Then Tiger came trotting through without anyone even blinking. Good stuff, most recognizable.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

#1 most recognized athlete in the country by the public. . .

I don't know when Tiger's deal is up, but he's not going ANYWHERE. Nike's invested way too much into keeping Tiger happy to let him change.

The most recognizable is pretty funny. He and Stevie were jogging down the street, mid-day at the Buick Invitational in January. Tiger had on black under armour type gear, a black skully cap, and an iPod. Ran right past about 200 spectators who were waiting in line to get in. Only a hand full noticed Stevie Williams who was in normal shorts and shirt. Then Tiger came trotting through without anyone even blinking. Good stuff, most recognizable.

So by testiment of this story, you're basically saying that when Tiger is on national TV, most people don't recognize him??? :cheesy:

Tiger leave Nike. Yea right.

Name one other company that will develop balls and clubs for a specific player. Titleist does not do this for DL III, Adam Scott or Ernie Els. Why would Titleist, Mizuno or any other club maker do this for Tiger, if they do not do this today for their staff players. I don't believe that Tiger will command 150 million over 10 or 15 years. I believe that Tiger will weight the input he has on product development, and Nikes' willingness to manufacture products specifically for him.

LARGEST GOLF COMPANIES IN ORDER...

TITLEIST

Callaway

ADIDAS/TM/MAXFLI

NIKE GOLF

Titleist did not pay Phil because of comments he made about how good Cally EQ was on a phone message to Marketing DR of Cally...Ended up on Presentation DVD which made it's way to Wally.

Titleist does not need individual athletes...

Tiger can play any equipment he wants to play as long as he has the Branding on the Apparel and Headwear.

:drinks:

TITLEIST

Callaway

ADIDAS/TM/MAXFLI

NIKE GOLF

Just curious what you are basing this on? Gross sales? Market saturation percentage? Tour usage? What is your source?

I believe it's overall market saturation, equipment sales, and product coverage, and based on that The Acushnet Company is tops, their stable of products include:

Titleist

Pinnacle

Footjoy

Cameron

and Cobra

Callaway has Topflite and Ben Hogan

Nike has... Nike

Taylormade/Adidas golf also has Maxfli

So from a pure golf market standpoint Titleist does have the greatest amount of pure golf revenue

Nike may be a larger company, with far more money, but it would have to allocate financial resources from it's other markets to suppliment it's golf revenue in order to compete on equal footing with The Acushnet Company (Titleist)

The same could be said for TMAG (They also own K2 ski euipment I belive) and Adidas also has significant holds in various sports markets

So I would have to agree with that list

TITLEIST

Callaway

ADIDAS/TM/MAXFLI

NIKE GOLF

Just curious what you are basing this on? Gross sales? Market saturation percentage? Tour usage? What is your source?

I believe it's overall market saturation, equipment sales, and product coverage, and based on that The Acushnet Company is tops, their stable of products include:

Titleist

Pinnacle

Footjoy

Cameron

and Cobra

Callaway has Topflite and Ben Hogan

Nike has... Nike

Taylormade/Adidas golf also has Maxfli

So from a pure golf market standpoint Titleist does have the greatest amount of pure golf revenue

Nike may be a larger company, with far more money, but it would have to allocate financial resources from it's other markets to suppliment it's golf revenue in order to compete on equal footing with The Acushnet Company (Titleist)

The same could be said for TMAG (They also own K2 ski euipment I belive) and Adidas also has significant holds in various sports markets

So I would have to agree with that list

I'm still curious about what sources you used to determine the relative market share of each of these companies?

At the end of the day I think Tiger could do whatever he wants but why would he want to leave Nike when they make him whatever he wants, give him millions of $, help him with his Foundation, donate stuff for the kids etc. and all he has to do in return is make a few adverts and have a few swooshes on all his stuff.

The guy is using Nike as much as they are using him, it seems like a good relationship.

Despite all that it would be really cool to see him with something different but I don't think it will happen until he goes all TW

I think someone stated this before, but if anything, I think he will have his own line of equipment that is a subsidiary of Nike much like Jordan did. He already has his Tiger Woods wedges out so I doubt it will be long before we see the TW drivers, irons, and maybe (but I doubt it) a putter. Not to mention he's already got the TW line of clothing. Nike has built their entire golf empire around this man and will accomodate his every need. Yes there is a clause in his contract that states he can play other equipment, but before Nike let's him go out there swinging another OEM's club they'll just replicate it and slap a swoosh on it, i.e his irons. His irons are Nike but they're built to the exact specifications as his irons he played all his life since he was 14 (which were Mizuno I believe).

With MJ long gone and the NBA struggling to find it's next superstar, Tiger is Nike's poster boy. They'll offer him the world before they let him walk away.