When does Tigers Nike contract expire?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original reports on the web would put it in 06. I thought I heard he had signed an extension awhile back though...

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

It would be weird to see him in other clothing...he designs his own nike clothing so just watching him would be weird if he ever did switch. I think if he went anywhere it would be to titleist because I couldnt see taylormade taking him (wouldnt that be funny). but anyways I doubt he is ever going anywhere it would just be a little to weird for everyone.

It would be weird to see him in other clothing...he designs his own nike clothing so just watching him would be weird if he ever did switch. I think if he went anywhere it would be to titleist because I couldnt see taylormade taking him (wouldnt that be funny). but anyways I doubt he is ever going anywhere it would just be a little to weird for everyone.

Wow a clothing designer as well. Must have majored in that at Stanford. Sorry to burst your bubble he doesn't design his clothes (a relative works in Nike apparel). He gives guidelines as to colors and styles--from that lines are then designed (not by Tiger) for him some meeting those guidelines some not. They are presented to him and he picks what he likes.

ya....not to get in an argument but i agree with QbSpanka11 , picking colors and designs in all, in my own opinion, would be designing his own clothing. I was not saying he sews it and makes sure all the hems are alright, just that he gives the designs and colors that he likes. I remember one time hearing him saying if I dont like my clothing then I have to blame myself because I am the reason they are like that (or something close to that)

his contract expires after this season and so far no extension has been signed. i find that interesting. does he want to explore free agency? would he like to use some titleist sticks?

who knows? i would guess he's gonna stay with nike, but i think the fact that he hasn't extended his deal yet says something about his thinking.

he is nike's #1 athlete. today's "michael jordan" is what he's known as in marketing circles.

nike will throw all the money in the world at tiger, more than anyone else.

would he like to use some titleist sticks?

Actually, he could do that now. His contract is structured so that he doesn't have to play anything Nike. He just has to wear and flash the logo. That's why he stuck with his Titleist 3 wood for so long. In Tiger's mind, the equipment that he's playing now from Nike is the best possible for him. What Nike wouldn't give to get that Scotty out of Tiger's bag.

Hmmmm, Tiger sitting down on his iMac at home and whipping up new designs in Photoshop would be "designing" his own clothing. He only "selects" what has been designed for him. Heck, his shirts are either too bland or ugly. My. $.02

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

I have heard talk he might be going on his own. Sort of the way Palmer, Nicholas and player did. He branded Nike golf why not T.W.

I doubt that will ever happen. They both lost alot of money with their golf companies. In my opinion it would not be worth the risk investing his own money when Nike is paying him a fortune.

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

I have heard talk he might be going on his own. Sort of the way Palmer, Nicholas and player did. He branded Nike golf why not T.W.

I doubt that will ever happen. They both lost alot of money with their golf companies. In my opinion it would not be worth the risk investing his own money when Nike is paying him a fortune.

Maybe not his own stand-alone company, but basically get his own Nike sub-brand, like the Jordan brand for basketball (which bear no Nike logo, but are manufactured by Nike, I'm pretty sure)

I forget where I read it once but tiger has a board or might I even say president position for Nike Golf so I highly doubt he is going to another company. Tiger as well as Nike knows he made Nike golf into what it is today, the day they started making clubs im sure Tiger was smart enough to say hey, I want a piece of this.

Pete

Forgetting all the history and the contract blah blah blah, I think ole Tiger needs to get the hell away from the Nike deal and get back to pure golf. What does that mean?

Play what works for him. His driver woes are comical. Also hearing and feeling the undertones of preasure Nike is giving him to switch his putter to Nike will be the in of pure golfer and the finishing touches of the Nike poster child.

Tennis- Nike clothes and no equipment right?

I see a lot of guys in the local courses and clubs that get all bunched up in setting up their bags in 1 manufacturer. Then they get matching balls, gloves, shoes, hats, craps, wedges, putter, bag, socks, and maybe underwear.

Enough is enough. What happened to the priorities. Scoring and winning, pure golf. :cheesy:

TaylorMade
St 2.0
Fujikura 771ta
.sdasldmasdasd
asdsadaSD
asdas
WITB Link

though its a possibility, i think tiger needs to concentrate more on winning than a company, even though he does have a nike branch, but that might get in his way of chasing jack's record

this is hilarious, why are you guys blaming tiger's play on his clubs? he doesn't blame his clubs, nobody evey blamed Jack's clubs when he hit his slump, you never hear anyone say anything about Ben Hogan's clubs and the effect on his play. Why then do you all think TW's problem are with his clubs? TW is part of the board at Nike golf, PERIOD. He's not going anywhere, in fact like I said if anything he will own Nike along with Jordan. The Jumpman 23 line is still Nike's number selling line followed by the women's line, then Golf. There is nobody on earth that can even touch Tiger's contract. Why do you think nobody else even tries to sign the BIG names like Wie and TW. They can't compete with Nike money.

How cool would it be "IF" he signed with Mizuno????

fish

how great would it be to see tiger hittin mp37's??!

i have little doubt he'll return to nike but i do think it's interesting that no deal has yet to be signed 5 months before tiger is to become a free agent.

"Forgetting all the history and the contract blah blah blah, I think ole Tiger needs to get the hell away from the Nike deal and get back to pure golf. What does that mean?

Play what works for him. His driver woes are comical. Also hearing and feeling the undertones of preasure Nike is giving him to switch his putter to Nike will be the in of pure golfer and the finishing touches of the Nike poster child.

Tennis- Nike clothes and no equipment right?

I see a lot of guys in the local courses and clubs that get all bunched up in setting up their bags in 1 manufacturer. Then they get matching balls, gloves, shoes, hats, craps, wedges, putter, bag, socks, and maybe underwear.

Enough is enough. What happened to the priorities. Scoring and winning, pure golf."

...i agree that would be great if he decided he had enough loot and was going to mix and match in whatever way he desired. however before you take shots at tiger keep in mind if he did that he'd pretty much be the only one on tour.. at least among the big players. even furyk is now switching to almost everything srixon. you know when that happens hell is freezing over so maybe tiger is about to go the other way.

if he signed with mizuno he'd just play the irons.. he could play whatever else he wants.. but it won't happen.. ever. he's going back to nike.

Unless Tiger goes into a real slump and stops winning there is no chance of him using any other club but Nike. Apart from TM/Adidas/Reebok there are no other sports companies who could afford Tiger, and even then they would need to dump ALL there other staffers. His fees from Nike are obscene, especially when the shirts and trousers he wears are garbage quality compared to F+G, Ashworth etc.

I can see the GM deal going to the dogs, they are not too far off Chapter 11. If I was an auto worker at Buick I would be peeved if I got paid off and Tiger still gets $7m a year.

He may make boat load with Nike, but that is all inclusive. He will probably resign with Nike. He could come close to the same money by signing individual deals for apparel, clubs, and a ball, shoe and glove deal. Then find some big company to pay big bucks for his hat. Nike will probably have to significantly raise the value of the contract, where he has made their golf brand.