2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Broken Hook of Hamate...

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there Guys

I know that I am posting this a long time after this thread was started but I feel like I need to thank a few people

I am a professional golfer on the Big Easy tour in South Africa (equivalent to challenge tour ie. one level below the main tour) and i had been struggling for wrist pain for nearly 8 months before I turned to google and found this thread.

Adam your story was almost identical to mine and this is what helped me find the problem.

i had spent about $1000 wasting my time with Occupational Therapists, physio, orthopaedic surgeons, x-rays, mri and cortisone.

eventually someone at my golf club recommended that I see a hand surgeon who also gave me cortisone. the cortisone would take the pain away for 10 days but it would soon come back after that. that is when i started looking online and found this thread. immediately after reading your post I called the hand surgeon and informed me of all of your stories and demanded that i be sent for a ct scan.

what do you know.... you have a clear break of the hook of hamate.

I had my surgery on the 31/07/2014 and within 2 weeks started to hit a few putts. at 3 weeks i could grip a club but had to ensure that i had the club very much in my fingers and not touching my scar.

today is the 02/09/2014 and i was able to hit a few shots with my 8 iron obviously not trying to hit it my normal distance but i got one or 2 to about 150m (which is about 20m short of full distance) but most came out at about 120m. I have bought myself a bionic glove which does help tremendously.

I have noticed from the pictures that you guys have posted that you had external stitches. my surgeon gave me internal dissolvable stitches and no external stitches.

also my surgery took about an hour under heavy sedation. i did wake up mid surgery but did not feel a thing. ( lol i still had the cheek to ask for my pieces of bone back). i went into theatre at 11:20, was out by 12:20 and was home including fetching some takeaway lunch by 14:10.

So in all i would just like to thank all those who commented on here and shared your stories as this has helped me fix the problem that has kept me from winning this year (I did come close in some 2 round tournaments. thru the pain)

and to GolfWRX for creating the platform for us gentlepeople to discuss this wonderful game and its problems

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All I am 3 weeks tomorrow post OP. I documented my story mostly on another thread but since this was revived I figured I would share. So the first 7 days or so were pretty sore, couldnt really do much with the hand except grasp a light object...ie beer. After two weeks I got the stitches out and have been making good progress since. I do still have some tingling in my ring figer mostly and a little bit in my pinky but the pain is pretty much gone aside from a little sore knot where the incision was. It has completely healed btw and I didnt wear a band aid probably after 10 days post op unless I was doing something where a stitch could be caught. I can hold a club...and putt pretty well but the sore knot under my incision keeps me from really gripping hard. I feel like as long as my tingling goes away in my tips of my fingers I will be good in a week or so.

Has anyone had any issues with sensation in the fingers and if so how long did it take to go away?

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you to everyone posting in this topic. I have looked here frequently looking for answers during my struggle with the hook of hamate fracture.

It was 6 weeks before I got diagnosed with a CT, and over 11 weeks before I convinced the hand surgeon to remove the hook.

Small town (pop 5,000) does not have any experts with this fracture.

It has been an all consuming battle. I felt I finally won this past Tuesday, but I had post op complications that landed me in the hospital with an IV antibiotic drip for the last 3 days.

I have a lot to say on this subject, but my hand is still pretty sore right now.

Thanks again

hi there All

I am now 11 weeks post surgery and played in my first tournament. didnt play so well but that wasnt due to my wrist.

i find that im still a bit short with my irons but the distance is slowly coming back. i find that if i grip a little harder with my left hand i get my full distance back (surgery on left hand)

as for sensation it takes quite some time. all my doctors have told me that its going to take at least 12 weeks before it feels normal again. i have also been seeing a hand therapist who has given me strengthening excersizes and also gave me a silicone patch to put over the scar at night. i really do belive that it has helped the scarring and healing process. also keep using bio oil throughout the day.

I do still fell some hardness under the scar but everyday it gets better. last week was the first time that i was able to put full weight lifting myself up on the scar and it was not sore (slight discomfort but not sore)

dont know if you get the same product where you are but here is a link to what im using
[b][url="https://www."]https://www.[/url][b]bio[/b]-[b]oil[/b].com[/b]

• 3 months later...

My story is pretty similar to the OP in this thread. I test and review equipment and hit a lot of golf balls (off mats of course) I experienced pain in my left hand that was misdiagnosed as a sprain for over a month and a half. After begging for a CT scan they finally saw the fracture and got me in for surgery. I had my surgery November 14 2014 and the stitches removed the 24th. I was told 4-6 weeks not to hit golf balls and actually waited till the 21st of December where I hit 5 golf balls with my lob wedge and then didn't hit balls till January 5. Still just light wedges and 8-PW shots only. Still very sore but iced and rested and felt a little better. I actually waited till after the PGA show to hit through the bag Driver - Wedges and now my hand is VERY tender. Range of movement is not there and I experience slight pain when I flex my hand downward. I have an appointment with my surgeon tomorrow. I know it takes certain people to heal faster than others. I'll hear what the doc has to say tomorrow.

hamate1.JPG

hamate2.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Did any right handed golfers have this happen to their right hand? It looks like everyone has it on left hand. I'm in the same boat it's hurt since nov but my doc just ordered a mri today for this Friday. I am hoping I can get in and have the surgery soon because what the op said is what I have been going through. But from what I've seen this is a common injury for the top hand when holding a club.

Epic Flash SZ 9 degree AD IZ 6s
Adams Dhy 18 and 21 Matrix White Tie
Apex Pro 19 5-AW Steelfiber i110s
Mack Daddy 4 54 Steelfiber i110s
High Toe 60 and 64 Modus 120s
Spider X Blue

• 1 month later...

So this post helped me get some understanding of what to expect when I found out I had broken the hook of hamate. Just wanted to give someone some positive feedback that may be going through this. So I had surgery March 1 2016. The next day was semi painful and fingers were swollen and kind of hard to move. After the 3rd day I cut the bandage off to check it out. Wasn't pretty. But after re wrapping it I was able to hold a putter and make 10ft putts. A week later I played 9 holes from the very forward tees. I couldn't stand not to be on the course. It had been almost 2 months of not swinging until then. The pain wasn't anything like the pain when the bone was in my hand. Out side cut pain is tolerable, it's the inside pain I couldn't handle. Wrist was super sore for alomst a week. March 15th I got the stitches out. And Doctor said use as you can tolerate pain and to be careful. I played 18 the next day from the middle tees shot 87. Hit 1 green, was aweful in the accuracy dept. but wasn't mad about it. Hand held up fine. Was a little weak and hard to commit to a shot holding the club so softly. Wrist and hand were soar for 2 days after that. Played agian today and shot 81. Much better accuracy due to the ability to hang onto the club better. So I'm not sure but I hope this helps someone get through this crappy injury. I expect to be back to playing 100% by next week. Only issue I see is the scar tissue under the cut. We'll see in a week. Best of luck out there.

This topic was very helpful for me. It turned out I did have a broken hook and had surgery on Feb 24. Waited until March 11 to get the stitches out and then went back on the 25th for my last follow up. I was given clearance to hit 25% shots the first day and then can go to 50%,75% then 100% each day after if there's no pain. So I should be ok by Wednesday which is the 5 week mark. I will say it is hard as anything to go that long without swinging but it feels great to finally get rid of that pain. As with the previous post, the scar tissue under the cut is still hard but hoping that will go away with time. For now I will just wear a glove on that hand to provide some cushioning.

Spider X Blue

Thank you all that have posted here before me. I did get some good insight to this injury that I have suffered with pain from. All through 2015 golf season, I had no injuries of pain in arm or hand. Indoor Tennis started October 2015 and boom, Golfers Elbow in right elbow, very first day of Tennis. My hook of the hamate injury may have been caused by some fat shots during the cold November and December months of 2015 in NY area. I thought of the pain as any other muscular injury and continued playing golf and tennis. Since unlike most right handed people here with injuries to the left hook of the hamate. I was hurting in the right palm. I continued playing Tennis right handed in-spite of severe pain some times close to 10 on 10. Got X ray done in Mid December 2015 that was negative. Sometime in end of January it got so bad that I decided to see a hand surgeon right away. Surgeon was okay, but did right thing by ordering MRI. It showed a hairline fracture of the hook and small TFCC tear, and report suggested I get a CT Scan. So, I went to another Hand Surgeon, she treated me for the TFCC tear by giving me a cortisone shot, without paying any attention to the fracture. 2 weeks later, still in pain, I decided to get the CT done and see yet another Hand Surgeon. The third Hand Surgeon I went to see was 4" 10" okay, 5" tall and was an avid golfer too. He made a pretty good clinical diagnosis and had the luxury of looking at my CT Scan result that clearly showed a fractured hook of the hamate. He suggested, if you want to go back to driving 300 yards and hitting 100 mph serves then the only was it to do a surgical excision of the hook because it does not ever heal totally. It's too tiny and can't be reinforced with pins and screws. So, I agreed and made an appointment for March 23, 2016 surgical excision of the hook of the hamate from right palm. Early March 2016, I got the pre-surgery and consent papers for surgery. To my utter disgust and shock, it said, 1. Release of Carpel Tunnel and 2. Removal of the hook of the hamate. Called the doctors office and PA called back saying, it's just how it has to be worded. Not satisfied with the answer, I insisted on speaking to the Doctor himself. He finally called back and very rudely said, this is the new approach and I have been using this for the last 10 years. If you want, just go on the internet and look it up yourself. Then he says, the advantage is that you will never have carpel Tunnel in the future. I was in disbelief and felt like telling him, why don't you replace my knee also, I won't have knee trouble in the future, Really! Fortunately, the lady Hand Surgeon who gave me the shot for TFCC called me, because she received my CT Scan also. She was really nice and explained that she did not pay attention to the fracture because MRI had not picked it well enough. She offered to squeeze me in her tight schedule and gave me March 18, 2016 date for surgical excision of the hook. The 5' male surgeon is considered best in long island, NY. The Lady surgeon is amazing with bed side manners and explains all so well, she is also experienced surgeon and has a very gentle calming manner about her. Just the way she looks, speaks and explains things. March 17, 2016 I went to see a 4th hand surgeon who pretty much didn't do anything other than agree with both previous surgeons. I am also a federal law enforcement officer and had to get firearms qualification out of the way before surgery so had to cancel the March 18, 2016 appointment and reschedule it to March 24, 2016 with the Lady Surgeon. Qualified firearms with extreme pain in right hand on March 18 and went to surgery March 24. She did only incision from top on the hook area, non of that Carpel Tunnel entry. Today is 28th March, 2016 only 4 days later and I was able to type all this. Almost no pain, post surgery. She is god sent. Best surgeon ever. I changed my bandage yesterday night and saw the stiches. Look like designer quality work compared to the pictures posted here. No pain medications taken after surgery. I went to the driving range, did not hit but putted 2 days after surgery without any pain. Have appointment to remove stiches on March 31, 2016. Will keep you all posted.

This topic was very helpful for me. It turned out I did have a broken hook and had surgery on Feb 24. Waited until March 11 to get the stitches out and then went back on the 25th for my last follow up. I was given clearance to hit 25% shots the first day and then can go to 50%,75% then 100% each day after if there's no pain. So I should be ok by Wednesday which is the 5 week mark. I will say it is hard as anything to go that long without swinging but it feels great to finally get rid of that pain. As with the previous post, the scar tissue under the cut is still hard but hoping that will go away with time. For now I will just wear a glove on that hand to provide some cushioning.

Tried to PM you about your WTB, but your box is full. Shoot me a pm if you are still looking.

Well I went out on the 5 week mark and tried to play nine. The range was closed so I went to the first tee and took some swings then hit a 75% driver. Next shot was a 7 iron out of the rough and the top part of my hand near the ring finger started to hurt. I decided to move up and play the golds so unworldly be hitting full shots. Went ok but the first couple shots still lingered with me for the rest of the round. After I played 7 holes I decided to call it a day. When I got home I iced it and was fine. Went to Golfsmith today and tried to hit a couple wedges but had pain in the same place when I hinged the club. Hoping this is normal and it's just me getting back into it. For the other people that said they had pain after surgery was it near the incision or On the top of the hand?

Spider X Blue

Great thread with very helpful information. I experienced the same pain and issues previously described by many of you. This was back in December 2015. Went to Florida for a golf vacation in January despite the pain and played three rounds. That Thursday I shot an 80 but the pain was intense so I skipped Friday. Saturday the pain was still aweful but I sucked it up and played through it. Shot a 95. On Sunday I decided to tape up the left wrist and palm which helped alleviate some pain. I shot 85 but by then I had already stumbled onto this thread and was aware that I possibly had a fractured hook of hamate.

Came home to MN and rested the wrist for about 3 weeks hoping it was nothing more than tendinitis. We got some decent weather in February so I went out for 18 with some buddies. I managed 15 holes before calling it quits. Finally got around to seeing an ortho and had an X-ray done but it didn't show any fractures. Thanks in part to this thread, I shared your stories to my doctor who agreed to have an MRI done. On March 15, 2016 I got the results of the MRI showing a fractured hook of hamate.

I had surgery on March 28th to remove the floating hook and was told it went well. I was put into a soft cast and couldn't move my fingers much at all the day after. I'm now 5 days post-op and all fingers are starting to move freely without much pain. I still can't make a tight fist due to some soreness from the excision and the soft cast isn't coming off until next Wednesday so I don't even know how my hand looks like at the moment. I'll update this thread and share my recovery experience with you all. Im hoping to be back on the course by early or mid May, even if I'm driving it 30 yards shorter and shooting in the 90s.

10 days post op. Grip strength is very weak as there is a tiny gap in the middle of the incision. Stitches came out today but there was quite a bit of bleeding where the gap is.

15 days post op. Even after stitches were removed 5 days ago, I was encouraged to leave a steri strip over the middle part of the incision. The bleeding has stopped leaving dried blood to secure the gap that was there.

22 days post op. Still have quite a bit of dried blood underneath the incision but doc says it should scab and heal on its own over time. The incision area is still tender and I still feel a lot of pain in my nerves when I hold a club and make a swing. I assume my ulnar nerve was compromised since I played several rounds of golf even after the hook of hamate was fractured.

• 2 months later...

Did any right handed golfers have this happen to their right hand? It looks like everyone has it on left hand. I'm in the same boat it's hurt since nov but my doc just ordered a mri today for this Friday. I am hoping I can get in and have the surgery soon because what the op said is what I have been going through. But from what I've seen this is a common injury for the top hand when holding a club.

Just found out today that I broke my hamate in my right hand... I'm a right handed golfer which I thought was rare. Have been playing through pain after a few fat shots this winter. Thought it was just sore from playing 2-3x a week. Took 3 weeks off in may for vacation and it felt great. First round out flared up again on the back nine and hurt a little worse than before. Next round a few days later had a few shots that made me drop my club. The final round I played first ball hit was a lightning bolt of pain. Finished the round but could barely move my hand. Next day couldn't make a fist. Went to the doctor today. Clear break that shows on x ray. Doc says I should be swinging a club in 4 weeks... Definitely still trying to wrap my head around the how it happened to the right hand though!

• 2 months later...

Wow I am so glad to find this Forum post.

Same as above Just found out Broken hook of Hamate.I am also a right handed golfer with right hand pain.

On the 24 April this year I really hurt what i thought was my wrist, I carried on playing golf for 4 weeks probably 10 rounds the final round I had to walk off after 5 holes during a tournament, the pain was so immense. Early June I went to a Hand specialist who put me in a removable cast, as we could not replicate the pain. After a couple weeks in this and no improvement he decided to send me in for an X-Ray which uncovered a fractured metacarpal. After 4 weeks I had no pain bar on impact with a golf ball. So decided to send to see an orthopaedic who referred me to get an MRI scan of which today I got the results back. Broken Hook of Hamate. He has recommend a further 3 months to see if it heals itself, but after reading here that it is more common than what i have been told and Surgery seems to be the best way forward. Light at the end of the Tunnel.

Thanks

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Broke my hamate about a year ago in a cycling crash and stupidly saw a dude who wasn't as experienced as I think you need for serious orthopedic injuries. After a year of waiting for it to heal (I was afraid of surgery) he told me I needed surgery so I asked him point blank if he had ever performed this specific surgery before and his answer was no, so i knew I had to find someone with experience. Someone else can make the mistake of not asking enough questions to find the best but not me. My best advice is to do this yourself, ask questions, ask who they would recommend (both inside and out of their specific hospital) if they had the same injury and ask about their experience! It is your right as a patient to be informed.

Ultimately decided to go see Steven Shin at Kerlan Jobe. I figured i'd have to be lucky and still wait a month or two to get get in but I was able to get an appointment the following week and was scheduled for surgery two weeks later. They could've done it that same week but my commitments didn't allow. Let me just say that hee's the man. I asked him tons of questions and found out he has performed this specific surgery a bunch of times, including on many professional baseball players. He said he does about one a month. This is compared to other hand specialists in LA who all said they'd done it at most a couple of times.

Had the surgery last week. He did a slightly different entry than it seems some of you had. The incision was all on the hand, none on the wrist. I was in a soft cast (hard splint with padding around the whole arm up to a few inches short of the elbow. Went in for my first follow up and they removed the cast and replaced it with a wrist brace and a small bandage to keep it closed that I can remove in a few days and clean my hand.

It's 9 days later and I have really good function, 90% range of motion and moderate strength in the wrist. My pinky is still very weak though. I figure I can start playing in a week or two if I continue at this speed.

My take: the first few days after surgery suck since you're still out of it from the anesthesia (and I didn't have a full tracheal tube), but by day 2 or 3 you can mostly make a fist and by the fifth or sixth day the pain is basically gone. During the whole recovery I took fewer than four of the painkiller they prescribed (they wanted to give me Perkiset but I insisted on something less strong and we settled on Norco).

From my experience so far I think it is really important to go to a surgeon who has experience. I was surprised that my insurance covered this, I only paid the 10% co-insurance and was all in and out for under a grand, including a weeks worth of delivery food while i was at home recovering.

I am getting physical therapy now, and for this I also recommend searching and finding a place with one on one attention. I figured this out years ago when I hurt my back, search and ask questions before your surgery!

Happy to answer any questions anyone has, and I'll try to post pics soon.

UPDATE: Forgot to note that I broke my right hand in the cycling accident and I am right handed so my experience as it relates to golf will be less applicable as most golfers fracture the hook in their off hand.

Update 2: Photo after 11 days -As you can see its mostly the coloring from the pen they use to outline cuts that is left...very little else

f0bx5e.jpg

Same as above Just found out Broken hook of Hamate.I am also a right handed golfer with right hand pain.

On the 24 April this year I really hurt what i thought was my wrist, I carried on playing golf for 4 weeks probably 10 rounds the final round I had to walk off after 5 holes during a tournament, the pain was so immense. Early June I went to a Hand specialist who put me in a removable cast, as we could not replicate the pain. After a couple weeks in this and no improvement he decided to send me in for an X-Ray which uncovered a fractured metacarpal. After 4 weeks I had no pain bar on impact with a golf ball. So decided to send to see an orthopaedic who referred me to get an MRI scan of which today I got the results back. Broken Hook of Hamate. He has recommend a further 3 months to see if it heals itself, but after reading here that it is more common than what i have been told and Surgery seems to be the best way forward. Light at the end of the Tunnel.

Thanks

Scott

From the ridiculous amount of research I did prior to getting surgery (as I've said, ask questions and be informed) its really not common. Out of every 50 hand/wrist fractures (let's remember that many hand injuries aren't fractures), just 1 or 2 is a hamate break and then within that there are both hook breaks and actual breaks of the base (less common). Numbers are likely to be lower in places where bat and stick sports aren't played as much.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone still reads this post but thought I would share mt story as I'm going through the exact same thing.

fell pretty hard onto a bike rack thursday night and led with my hand. initially didn't feel a thing however the next morning when i woke up my left hand was in pain, wrist was pretty stiff. Figured i had just tweaked it when falling and headed to the golf course. First try at putting a wedge in my hand triggered an excruciating sharp pain in my left palm. Settled with just putting although that gave me a little discomfort and once home decided to ice it. Icing only made it worse and made my fingers really stiff. Decided to rest it for a few days and reevaluate. Woke up the second and third morning with a very stiff left wrist and stiff fingers. Very painful to move right after waking. By tuesday i decided to go to an urgent care and get x rays. Doctor there said it looked fine, nothing came up on the x rays and that i would be good to go in a week. By friday i came to the conclusion that i had actually done something to my hand and scheduled an appointment with a local hand surgeon. Saw the hand surgeon the following tuesday(one week later from the urgent care) and he said "it sounds like a hook of hamate fracture, you need an MRI to be sure as this fracture almost never appears on a x-ray." Got the MRI a week from that visit, on the next tuesday. Met with the hand surgeon thursday and sure enough it was a hook of hamate fracture. Immediately scheduled to surgery as it had been over 3 weeks from the original injury. Got the surgery the very next monday which was actually this past monday 9/12/16 and it is now Thursday the 15th. I am in a semi hard cast until next week at my follow up visit. Overall the surgery went well, was not put completely under, they numbed the arm completely and completed the excision while i was under what's called "twilight anesthesia." Basically you're awake but given enough anesthesia to where you can't feel a thing. Operation lasted about 25 minutes tops and i was out of the surgicenter 15 minutes later. The first 24hours following were the worst. Very bad pain in the area operated on, very very numb fingers for the next 12 hours and once they weren't numb it was almost impossible to move them. The next day it was incredibly painful to try and flex my fingers up. Shooting pain through my hand into my arm. Slowly gave them a little work out and now it's 3 days post op and i almost can move them all with little pain. I will post pictures of my MRI and cast as well as follow up pictures of my scar when i get the cast off next week.

I was given 5mg NORCOs that only helped the first 24 hours when taking them with 600mg of ibuprofen

Also the cast has a giant piece of plaster covering my palm and running down my arm, on the bottom side only

Had my follow up visit today, 9/20 exactly 8 days after the surgery. Soft cast was removed and it felt great to get that thing off. Stitches were removed and I put a big band aid over it to protect it. Will post a picture below of the scar right after the cast was removed. The picture is a little deceiving, scar actually measures out closer to 2 inches however it appears smaller in the photo. Slight bruising in and around my wrist. Doctor said it was normal. Hand and fingers are still quite tender/stiff. The doc said it will be about 3 weeks to get back to 100%.

• 4 weeks later...

This post has been a real blessing to me. Much like most of the posts, had extreme pain in my left wrist(right-handed golfer) back in October 2015. I thought it was a sprain and did the whole RICE method but pain persisted. Went to hand surgeon in December 2015 and after X-ray and MRI, the CT scan finally revealed a 50% fracture of the hook of hamate. He decided to treat it conservatively by bracing and it worked because my CT scan 8 weeks later (February 2016) revealed the fracture was healed. Waited another 8 weeks (April 2016) before playing a round of golf. It was sore but playable. Started PT about 2 months later. Played a few months in 2016 but could never play back to back days due to soreness after my rounds. I would usually play 2-3 times a week but now was down to once every 7-10 days. Completed PT in August 2016 and was able to play 18 holes back to back for the first time and I thought I was on track to resume my consistency of play but I was still sore. Played a few rounds in September 2016 but something happened my last round in September that caused me extreme pain on my approach shot on the 2nd hole...so much so threat I had to stop play on the next hole. I went back to my surgeon and the CT scan showed that I re-fractured the hook of hamate again. Surgery to remove the hook was recommended and scheduled. I just had the surgery October 14th and I am in a soft cast and am pretty sore 2 days post but I know this is a marathon and not a sprint.

• 3 months later...

Thanks

Scott

Hey all small update everything happens quite slow here in NZ, but my surgery is approved and I'm heading in for the operation on the 14th March, I am looking forward to getting out playing golf again afterwards with no pain. Been a hard road but we are there now.

So thank full to this thread.

Cheers

Scott

• 1 month later...

Thanks

Scott

Hey all small update everything happens quite slow here in NZ, but my surgery is approved and I'm heading in for the operation on the 14th March, I am looking forward to getting out playing golf again afterwards with no pain. Been a hard road but we are there now.

Cheers

Scott

Thanks

Scott

Cheers

Scott

My story is pretty similar to the OP in this thread. I test and review equipment and hit a lot of golf balls (off mats of course) I experienced pain in my left hand that was misdiagnosed as a sprain for over a month and a half. After begging for a CT scan they finally saw the fracture and got me in for surgery. I had my surgery November 14 2014 and the stitches removed the 24th. I was told 4-6 weeks not to hit golf balls and actually waited till the 21st of December where I hit 5 golf balls with my lob wedge and then didn't hit balls till January 5. Still just light wedges and 8-PW shots only. Still very sore but iced and rested and felt a little better. I actually waited till after the PGA show to hit through the bag Driver - Wedges and now my hand is VERY tender. Range of movement is not there and I experience slight pain when I flex my hand downward. I have an appointment with my surgeon tomorrow. I know it takes certain people to heal faster than others. I'll hear what the doc has to say tomorrow.

hamate1.JPG

hamate2.jpg

Holy cow! It's pretty scary to see that your "hand surgeon" evidently doesn't know where the hamate is. I guess there are hackers in every profession!

After reading all this I have even more motivation not to hit it fat again lol.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS