Looking for playing partners in DFW

onetime19

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='jaytee617' timestamp='1378306601' post='7795889']
Anyone have any thoughts about Frisco lakes vs the Trails of Frisco? Trying to decide between the two for an upcoming day off...
[/quote]

Both fine places to play. If you want to practice much prior to the round then go with Lakes. Trails has a nice putting green but the range is usually irons only, poorly maintained ground and the chipping green was an afterthought. Wind is usually a factor at the Lakes but this time of year that should help some with the heat.

[quote name='jaytee617' timestamp='1378334401' post='7798323']
thanks. both had specials on golfnow but the practice thing is a factor so i went with Frisco Lakes. i'll try the other one some other time.
[/quote]

1) bigdgolf.com has a special on Frisco Lakes, only $29.

2) interested in playing at Iron Horse on Sunday AM? I've got a round on my Eagle Card I need to burn. I can get you a 25% discount on your tee time out there.

Others interested, please let me know via PM, as I'm not going to be checking this thread often.

I have two going to Mansfield National on Sunday at 9:53. You'll be off the course by the 4th Quarter of the 12pm kickoff games. I'm probably going to go hit a bar and watch the finishes before I head home, in fact.

We have two spots available. Players are 10-15 handicaps, play fast and try to have fun with it. If you want to do $1 cats or $5 nassaus, I'd be open for that as well.

PM me and we can get you worked in.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='sompin2do' timestamp='1388452540' post='8370717']
[quote name='CosmosMpower' timestamp='1388441654' post='8369675']
Anyone want to play tomorrow, last round of the year or new years day? Booked a round at Cowboys at 945 for 89 bucks NY day.
[/quote]

Playing Woodbridge NY day at 10:39. How did you get the $89 rate at Cowboys?
[/quote]

It was a hot time but didn't last long.

Hey fellow DFW'ers

Up until now I have been living in the Houston area and in Houston there was a GolfWRX Facebook Group created to better find golf partners and to organize golf events. It originally started with only a few members and has now grown to nearly 50 members. It has been a great avenue to post up available tee time spots and has worked very well in bringing together our golf community.

I have decided to continue this in the DFW area and have created a DFW GolfWRX Facebook Group. Below is a link to the group so feel free to join and lets start getting groups together to play.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/groups/DallasGolfWRX/"]https://www.facebook.com/groups/DallasGolfWRX/[/url]

Thanks,

Brandon

Titleist 913D2 10º Diam 'ahina 70x
Titleist 913F 15°
Titleist AP2 714 Irons KBS Tour C-Taper
Titleist SM4 50º-08 and 56º-11
Titleist ProV1x or NXT Tour
www.GolfWearStore.com
WITB Link

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, Hit me up if you live near the Mansfield area. My buddy and I play pretty regularly and would like to bring some new competition in the group. I play to an 11 and he plays to a 9 so we play pretty close to each other but would like to get some other guys to join us. I know that there are associations out there but I don't want to pay a membership fee and make a commitment to play every weekend. I would just like to have a few guys I could call or text and ask to come out. We actually just purchased a new trophy that we can play for every round. And every so often we play money games. Let me know if you are out there and maybe we can hit the links soon. Especially after this crazy weather.

Thanks

[quote name='lerm1224' timestamp='1392163584' post='8647803']
Guys, Hit me up if you live near the Mansfield area. My buddy and I play pretty regularly and would like to bring some new competition in the group. I play to an 11 and he plays to a 9 so we play pretty close to each other but would like to get some other guys to join us. I know that there are associations out there but I don't want to pay a membership fee and make a commitment to play every weekend. I would just like to have a few guys I could call or text and ask to come out. We actually just purchased a new trophy that we can play for every round. And every so often we play money games. Let me know if you are out there and maybe we can hit the links soon. Especially after this crazy weather.

Thanks
[/quote]

Hey I am located in grand prairie not to far from Mansfield, I play pretty regularly as well on the weekends with a buddy of mine, I don't carry a legit handicap but I am would probably consider my myself around a 14, I normally shoot in in the low 80s,

Thanks
[/quote]

I happen to live just up the road from Mansfield national and enjoy playing some golf but I don't know a single person in this area, so I always end up golfing by myself. I would certainly enjoy getting with a good group of people for some regular rounds. I play to a 14 handicap and shoot mid to low 80s as I have only taken up the game about 11 months ago. If your group doesn't mind playing with a newbie, I would be more than happy to golf with you guys. PM me if you would like contact info.

Ping G410 Plus 9.0 Aldila Rogue Black 130MSI 70TX 44"
2017 Taylormade M2 Tour (16.5 degree) Aldila Tour Blue 80X
Mizuno Fli-Hi 3 iron Aldila Tour Blue 105TX
Taylormade RSI TP 4-PW PX 6.5 (+1/4”)
Maltby TSW 50, 54, and 60 wedges

"That right there was a sister-in-law shot... you're on top, it feels good, but you know you shouldn't be!"

- Random old guy in Texas

Anyone have any thoughts about Frisco lakes vs the Trails of Frisco? Trying to decide between the two for an upcoming day off...
[/quote]

In my opinion I think Frisco Lakes is easier. Its more open and it has a lot of tee box options. The back nine used to be in the woods but now they've started building homes around all the holes. Trails of Frisco is tough but in my opinion really fun. The homes don't come into play, its long but manageable. Some holes you can open up on your drive and other holes you have to be more cautious. Price is probably about the same for both courses but you can find golfnow deals for the trails. I would pick the trails over the lakes any day. I shoot low to mid 80's if that means anything.

Ping G15 10.5* Driver TFC 169D Stiff
Ping G25 3W TFC 189F Stiff
Ping G25 20* Adila Rip Alpha Stiff
Ping G25 23* Adila Rip Alpha Stiff
Ping G15 5-U, G25 S&L Wedges
Ping Karsten TR Anser 5

If you are in the Arlington/Mansfield area, Mansfield National Golf Course is having a Titleist Scramble. I already have a four man team but it would be a good time to get any local Golfwrx members out to this tournament to play. Here is the link: [url="http://mansfield-national.com/events-calendar/TitleistScramble.html"]http://mansfield-nat...stScramble.html[/url]

Plus, there is going to be a Titleist Fitting Session after the tournament.

Maybe I will see you out there...

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Bigrome26' timestamp='1392618153' post='8684715']

Thanks
[/quote]

I happen to live just up the road from Mansfield national and enjoy playing some golf but I don't know a single person in this area, so I always end up golfing by myself. I would certainly enjoy getting with a good group of people for some regular rounds. I play to a 14 handicap and shoot mid to low 80s as I have only taken up the game about 11 months ago. If your group doesn't mind playing with a newbie, I would be more than happy to golf with you guys. PM me if you would like contact info.
[/quote]

I'd fall into this group as well. Will PM each.
8-14 hdcp depending on the time of year, here.

I will be in Dallas this weekend and am looking for a playing partner(s) for Saturday the 22nd. I can play early in the morning. I am staying at the Dallas Sheraton hotel in downtown and would need a ride.

If anyone is interested please PM me so that I get an email on my phone.

Thanks
Joe

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

[quote name='sompin2do' timestamp='1378312634' post='7796435']
[/quote]

Both fine places to play. If you want to practice much prior to the round then go with Lakes. Trails has a nice putting green but the range is usually irons only, poorly maintained ground and the chipping green was an afterthought. Wind is usually a factor at the Lakes but this time of year that should help some with the heat.
[/quote]
I'd go to Frisco Lakes right now. The bunkers at the Trails are in horrible shape.

Callaway Epic 9.0 w/Mitsu Grand Bassara
Titleist 915F 3W
TMaG 4 Rescue 2011
PXG 0311XF 5-7 Steelfiber
PXG 0311 8-GW Steelfiber
Scotty Newport Notchback 34"
Titleist BV 54 & 58 Wedges

[quote name='joekelli' timestamp='1395237003' post='8903651']
I will be in Dallas this weekend and am looking for a playing partner(s) for Saturday the 22nd. I can play early in the morning. I am staying at the Dallas Sheraton hotel in downtown and would need a ride.

If anyone is interested please PM me so that I get an email on my phone.

Thanks
Joe
[/quote]

I am still looking for someone to play with on Saturday morning.

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...