2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Tigerslam II....You know the media will be all over this

Right off the bat I see two inaccuracies and probably many more. Tiger has "hurt" himself more than Ernie (1 knee operation to 2 knee operations). Sports psychologist??? Does the name Jay Brunson ring a bell--military/sports psychologist that Earl dug up for Tiger in his amateur days---Tiger talks a lot more about him helping than he ever did Butch.

Ernie also injured his hand while using a punching bag. Tiger's knee injuries were largely a result of snapping his leg straight through impact (with driver especially). He doesn't do that anymore, so further injuries are extremely unlikely. Ernie, who knows.

Ernie has used a sports psychologist much more recently than Tiger. He helped convince Ernie that he could actually beat Tiger Woods. Ernie has admitted at one time that he didn't think he could. I doubt Tiger goes to see Brunson for pep talks on beating other players. His amateur days were a looooong time ago.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

barring any swing changes.. which i don't see anytime soon..

tiget will be with out the 2-3 slumps that have hurt his major titles run.

so with that said.. he will probably win 2 major every year for the next few years.. giving him 18 in 3 years... and 25 by the time he is 40.. records that WILL NEVER be broken.

i mean come one.. 12 majors and he is 30!!!

Just about everybody in the world of golf said Jack's records would never be broken. That the fields were just too deep and too strong to beat 18 times. The one thing that we should learn from Tiger's arrival is never to say never. One day someone will break it.

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

I have been a Tiger fan since he first came on tour. Most of my buddies can't stand him. I don't watch him so much for winning, but just to watch the miricle shots that he pulls off. He misses the fairways so much you just wonder what he would do if it hit more. That really does not hurt him alot because of his talent on recovery shots that no one else on tour has. Also the determination and focus that you see in his eyes when he is on the green. The ability to stop a swing when a camera shuter is pressed. There is no one on tour can come close to this man. Will he beat the Bear's record---- anything can happen to a man that can stop a career short. I was alive and well when Jack was playing but I never got that interested into golf until Tiger started playing. I watched them all but never with the dedication and amasement that I get from watching Tiger. If he does not win another tournement he is still my Hero ---as a golfer, a promoter of the game, dedication to excell, and desire to suceed. He has all of that with talent that he has perfected to be where he is at.

He is my Hero!

I don't know if you realized this or not....

If Tiger shoots 270 at Augusta...and the next closest guy shoots 280....does it matter if Tiger is 18 under par or 10 under par? Uh...........no.

Par is just a number...some random number that someone made up long LONG ago...it has no bearing on whether someone will win a golf tournament because "well there are more par 5s". You still have to have the lowest total score, period.

-mini

Par is just a number...some random number that someone made up long LONG ago...it has no bearing on whether someone will win a golf tournament because "well there are more par 5s". You still have to have the lowest total score, period.

-mini

LOL. Par is not some random number made up. Par is a word that dates before golf, it means average. In the 1890s golfers used the term 'bogey' to mean a good score. Par was not part of the vocabulary. Later on in the early 1900s, golfers started using 'par' to denote a good score by the best golfers and bogey is a good score by the hackers.

The USGA officially define 'par' in 1911 as "perfect play without flukes and under ordinary weather conditions, always allowing two strokes on each putting green."

Hardly seems random.

It's no secret, if you can generate more distance than your average competitor, you have an advantage on par 5s.

If you ever watched golf in the recent past, you would have noticed many tournaments won by tiger woods where his stats looked like this:

Par 5's -14

Par 4s -3

Par 3s -1

And someone like Fred Funk who is laser straight would look like this in the same tournament"

Par 5's -8

Par 4's -4

Par 3s -4

Sorry Fred, all that straight, but short, shooting didn't get it done, you lose.

-mini

LOL. Par is not some random number made up. Par is a word that dates before golf, it means average. In the 1890s golfers used the term 'bogey' to mean a good score. Par was not part of the vocabulary. Later on in the early 1900s, golfers started using 'par' to denote a good score by the best golfers and bogey is a good score by the hackers.

The USGA officially define 'par' in 1911 as "perfect play without flukes and under ordinary weather conditions, always allowing two strokes on each putting green."

Hardly seems random.

It's no secret, if you can generate more distance than your average competitor, you have an advantage on par 5s.

If you ever watched golf in the recent past, you would have noticed many tournaments won by tiger woods where his stats looked like this:

Par 5's -14

Par 4s -3

Par 3s -1

And someone like Fred Funk who is laser straight would look like this in the same tournament"

Par 5's -8

Par 4's -4

Par 3s -4

Sorry Fred, all that straight, but short, shooting didn't get it done, you lose.

Well you are correct that par is not some made up number in a literal sense, but lets play a little game of make belive.

Lets make believe that they did away with par. All that matters is the score at the end of the tournament.

If Tiger shoots 270, someone else still has to shoot 269 to beat him. Whether that number is -18, -10, +15 is completely irrelevent. "Par" is just......a number. I could take a 500 yard hole and say "okay this is a par 19" and if I make a 4 I made a quadrouple double amazing albatross...super. But if my oponent shoots 69 at the end of the day and I shoot 70, I still lose.

Par for a course has no bearing on whether Tiger can and will win. That's all I'm saying. Par is "made up" in the sense that the USGA, R&A, Course Architech, etc. all say "okay this will be a par ___". What the number is doesn't matter...if Tiger can reach a 500 yard hole with Driver - 7-iron, fantastic...does that make it a par 4? par 5? par 3? par 8? does it matter?

-mini