2011 - 2012 CALLAWAY GOLF IRONS SHOOTOUT REVIEW

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are really making me want to buy some RAZR X Forged to go along with my DF. Dang you!

TM SLDR 460 set to 10.5° 70g Aldila VS Proto 44"
TM RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14.5° & 19°
Maltby KE4 Tour 22° Hybrid
PING G25 4-UW CFS
Maltby M-Series+ 54° and sometimes 58°
Odyssey White Ice #7 37" counter balanced and a SpryEvo TeCu insert
WS FG Tour(2014) or ProV1x

[quote name='akgolfer' timestamp='1316402312' post='3572998']
Greek,

I'm always surprised by comparison pics with the DF. I've been playing them since last summer and they just don't look like such a wide soled GI iron when I'm standing over them. They are terrific irons.
[/quote]
ak it's funny you mention that, I was talking about the same thing with a friend this weekend. And I'll take what you said one step further. I think the DF irons actually are the forerunners to the sole technology of the RAZR X irons.

Yes not the same design at all, but the DF combine the launch and forgiveness benefits of a wide sole iron, with the playability and workability benefits of a thin sole iron, by having that wider sole, and also having the sole grind it has. It's one of the best sole grinds I've ever played, really. And you can play it in all conditions, wet and soft the wider sole helps, hard and dry the camber and lower bounce help.

Callaway scored a winner with these as you know, but they did absolutely zero to market them, which was a shame. Whatever they decide to replace these with, I hope their campaign is a lot more aggressive and energetic.

[quote name='Agent Jim' timestamp='1316404422' post='3573068']
You are really making me want to buy some RAZR X Forged to go along with my DF. Dang you!
[/quote]
Haha, well Agent Jim since you brought it up, yes the irons I liked most next to the DF wound up being the RAZR X Forged irons. Which is not to take back any positive about the FTs, or RXTs. They performed as advertised.

But after rotating through the clubs a few times, I began to notice I hit better shots more often with the RXF than with the RXT. Mishits, the RXT are still going to be more forgiving. But I'm not hitting mishits as much with the RXF, so that aspect of forgiveness isn't all of a sudden as important.

I think much has to do with with my preference for shape and design of a club. As I've said all along, I prefer more compact irons heel to toe. Something about them looks right, and consequently, feels better, for me.

After an extended period of time hitting all the irons, I found a groove with the RXFs, and felt more comfortable with them than a few months ago. I caught myself hitting them and thinking, "wow". Then hitting them some more and thinking, "WOW". And then even more, thinking, "THIS IS CRAZY, WOW!". Really.

If you get a chance to hit them Agent Jim, definitely do so. I don't doubt you'll want to take them home.

But then that will beg the question, what can the RXF do for me that the DF cannot? And vice versa, what do the DF do for me that the RXF cannot? :tease:

And speaking of these irons, I put together a video recently commemorating all these irons wins this year on tour, with multiple wins for the RAZR X Forged, Diablo Forged, and RAZR X Muscleback, on the PGA, European, Champions, LPGA, and Canadian Tours. Pretty nice Callaway!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-gCrJDNyKw[/media]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='JB lefty' timestamp='1317380563' post='3606939']
Great review and very informative. This has helped me choose a replacement or update to my 09 x forged. I am now line balling between the musscleback and the tour forged.
[/quote]

Glad I could help JB lefty. :hi: Here are some additional quick summary one on one comparisons between the RAZR X Musclebacks (MBs) and RAZR X Forged irons (RXFs) to help you with your decision.

[i]([b]Performance[/b]/Design): [/i]

[u]Launch:[/u] Long irons very similar in both sets. Muscleback short irons launch lower (attributable to their design with more "muscle" on both bottom and top).
[u]Trajectory:[/u] Musclebacks are a bit flatter throughout entire set.
[u]Spin:[/u] In both sets all irons spin are very similar (with the Musclebacks spinning a bit more).
[u]Distance:[/u] Muscleback long irons (86 - 88 mph/ smooth tempo/mid release swing) a bit longer on "best struck" shots (similar carry with more roll); otherwise greater carry with RXF irons gave me more distance on most "less than perfect" shots (this relates to the RXF long irons (3 and 4) being less punishing than the MBs on slight mishits). The short irons have similar distances.
[u]Forgiveness:[/u] Long irons RXF are more forgiving, short irons very similar between sets.

[i][u](Performance/[b]Design[/b]): [/u][/i]

[u]Sole widths:[/u] More uniform/standard throughout set in the Musclebacks (surprisingly, 3, 4 RXF irons are a tad narrower than MBs).
[u]Top lines:[/u] MBs are thinner.
[u]Sole grind:[/u] MBs have more camber (leading edge to trailing edge curve), and a bit more radius (heel to toe curve). Both have beveled leading and trailing edges. Great soles on both sets.

If you'd like some different comparison pictures of particular irons, particular angles/views, or have any other specific questions about how they compare JB, let me know and I'll be happy to try to help.

Good luck deciding which set (or combo?) to get. :good:

[quote name='glauser' timestamp='1317441360' post='3610505']
Just wanted to chime in that I'm currently gaming a combo set, 3-6 RXF, 7-P TA X Protos. Love it. (3 iron sometimes swapped for a TM 11 Rescue). The long irons are definitely a bit more forgiving in the RXF but I think the Protos/MBs are definitely playable.
[/quote]
There are a few others who've also gone this route glauser, and seem to be happy they did. Great point, and something anyone who's back and forth between these irons should consider.

[quote name='dbaydoun' timestamp='1318129027' post='3646121']
Fantastic comparison/review. I just purchased a set of Razr Forged and I love them. I do notice that they are about a club less than most of my other iron sets, but the feel and control is excellent.
[/quote]
Thanks db, congratulations on your purchase. :good:

In reference to the distance issue, I just commented in your thread, and also shot you a PM with some ideas/impressions about "your" distance loss. I suspect with some more time, you'll get your short irons distance back up to where you normally hit them (assuming you're only talking short irons).

For me these were strange irons to hit in the sense I wound up liking them more, the more I hit them, and my initial impressions, though positive, put them behind the other irons in this review. After a season of hitting them all, they're now my second favorite irons behind my Diablo Forged irons. Not as long as the others, but not one club less unless they're mishit something silly.

Maybe it's also just as simple as spending more time with them. But be sure to bring one of your other clubs with you as well when you go to golfsmith, so you can get more direct comparions of the numbers, and use impact tape as well to check where on the face you're striking the RXF.

• 1 month later...

Greek, you gave me some advice about the RXF a while ago. I looked for some in a recent demo event (feeling oportunistic) but they didn't have any. I ended up testing the AP2 (710) which I preferred, but I think that's because the PX doesn't suit me in the stock RXF. I also like the Miura CB501 with Steelfiber i95. Have you come across the other two in your travels such that you can compare? I am particularly interested in knowing if the Miura is forgiving enough or if it's too much club for me (12-14 HC, inconsistent contact). I will be sim testing again, but I find that nothing beats the experience of real life testing!

Have you (or anyone else) tried the RXF in the DG S300?

As you can see this is my first post but having just been fitted for a set of razr x tours I thought I would briefly share my experience of them.

For the past 10+ years I've been playing mp33's and actually own two sets of them as I thought they were the best I would ever play. My iron game has always been pretty solid and I thought that I generally hit them sweet, but then I went for a trackman fitting to have lofts etc customised for me. The trackman fitting was done by a family friend who also custom fits for Callaway. I should add that he doesn't sell any Callaway gear or any gear for any other 'high street' manufacturers but instead sells Miura and KZG etc, so he honestly wasn't trying to sell me on Callaways :)

It so happened that the trackman and face stickers showed that I was hitting the sweetspot on the mp33's about 85% of the time and losing potential distance and accuracy the other 15% even by only being slightly off. The fitter had dozens of razr x forged and razr x tour 6 iron heads all ever so slightly different and going on my trackman stats he suggested the x tours and then we played about with all the different shaft options and lie options. It's the first time I've had the opportunity to do this and I was amazed at the differences and that I could actually tell and see the differences.

It turned out that I was fitted for the x tours with dg x100 shafts, 1/2 inch longer, standard lie and loft. The results were pretty amazing, all shots now felt solid, they were really accurate, consistent distance and they felt, genuinely, really nice (I know what nice feels like after hitting the mp33's sweet).

I'll be honest and say I have previously owned the x forged (not the razr x forged) and I really hated them and thought I would never play Callaway clubs so I was reluctant to say the least when the fitter did suggest the razr x tours and I was not at all convinced by the looks initially (10+ yrs of mizunos will do that to you :) ). However, the x tours look slim at address, thanks to the cleverly shaped top line and I now really like the look of them all round, much better than the pictures do them credit.

Anyway, long story short, I just received my custom fit razr x tours from Callaway and have one if not two sets of mp33's going onto ebay. The results spoke for themselves. I ended up ordering the 3-AW and had them tour lofted by 1 degree, as they were already pretty strongly lofted this now effectively makes the set a 2-PW, if compared to the mp33's lofts (if that makes sense)

As an aside, the fitter told me he had a number of Callaway's UK pros come in expecting to be fitted for the razr x forged and around 90% ended up being fitted for the razr x tours, much to their surprise.

Here are my basic trackman stats to back it all up:

MP33 6 iron - club speed 96.4 mph, ball speed 120.5 mph, smash factor 1.25, carry 166.7 yds, total length 175.1 yds.

razr x tour 6 iron - club speed 97.3 mph, ball speed 129.7 mph, smash factor 1.33, carry 182.7 yds, total length 189.4 yds.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Turny' timestamp='1321956382' post='3835385']
As you can see this is my first post but having just been fitted for a set of razr x tours I thought I would briefly share my experience of them. Here are my basic trackman stats to back it all up:

MP33 6 iron - club speed 96.4 mph, ball speed 120.5 mph, smash factor 1.25, carry 166.7 yds, total length 175.1 yds.

razr x tour 6 iron - club speed 97.3 mph, ball speed 129.7 mph, smash factor 1.33, carry 182.7 yds, total length 189.4 yds.
[/quote]

Yup, can't argue with those numbers Turny, nice! You see a lot of love for the RXTs all over the place. Thanks for sharing, look forward to hearing more from you when you put them in play for a bit as well. :good:

[quote name='Raven Logics' timestamp='1321848969' post='3829613']
Have you (or anyone else) tried the RXF in the DG S300?
[/quote]
Hey Raven, as a matter of fact, I recently put DG S300 in all my irons. Haha. I was telling easyyy last month I plan on doing a mini review/update on how these all play with the DG, but have some things going on now that will put an update on the backburner for awhile.

Anyway I did love the feel of the Nippons, without question. But for various reasons decided to go with what was recommended for me when I was fitted many months back, and those happened to be (foremost) the DG S300.

If you're looking at these and the PX Flighted, golfware has more experience playing both shafts more than I have, but I can tell you the PX 6.5 (that I believe he plays) will play a tad heavier (flighted), and firmer in feel. The weight difference is difficult to distinguish in my opinion, but the feel is noticeable.

The S300 are tried and true as you know, and in particular I like that they nicely incorporate a weight that assists tempo and consistent feel with good kick. The PX 6.5 on the other hand just seem a bit harsh (for me). If I'd have gone 6.5 it'd have been flighted, otherwise more likely the 6.0 (and maybe flighted there as well).

You'd have to hit them to know for sure (testing as you said), because while I prefer the S300 (and S400 for that matter as well, which I was thinking of going with), you have others like golfware who prefer the PX. Neither is really better than the other per se.

Anyway, have fun picking out a new set of irons (and shafts). I'd lead you towards the Diablo Forged :diablo: irons but I know they have a bit more offset than you like. :D

I have a set of the rxf on the way with kbs shafts. Although UPS seems to be dragging its feet with them. I am also considering grabbing a set of MB as well. i have always liked the look of them and thought they will be one of the irons you just keep even though you are not hitting them.

The considering is over and a set of proto's are on the way as well. I just could not help myself and well its nearly christmas and we all deserve a reward.yahoo.gif My just happens to be two sets of irons that will probably end up being a combo set.

busted2.gifbusted2.gifbusted2.gifMy wife will say and then i will be saying sorry.gifsorry.gifsorry.gif I have the club ho disease and it just cannot be cured.

• 2 weeks later...

The considering is over and a set of proto's are on the way as well. I just could not help myself and well its nearly christmas and we all deserve a reward.yahoo.gif My just happens to be two sets of irons that will probably end up being a combo set.

Congrats JB! Having two sets that you can play as a combo set is really the way to do it. :yes:

On a related note, as mentioned about a month ago I wound up putting DG S300 shafts in my irons, and will be posting some impressions on how these play with the new shafts.

The RAZR forged had the first run yesterday. They have by a considerable amount more feel and feedback than the razr x tours. They just feel way softer and give great feedback. They would be about the same in softness compared to the 09 x forged. The first outing was a more a test run type thing than a going after a score round. Having said that I had 80 off the bat and hit these just as consistent as the x tours. These irons hit absolute moon balls compared to previous irons aI have had in the past. It may be the shafts or the club beIng a tad lighter than what I have played before. I would say the height is costing me around half a club. The ball coming down from such a height really has the ball biting and stopping beautifully. I had a couple of 9 irons back up to my surprise. The greens were firm and a bit wind dry. These things will be point and shoot for soft greens. Overall my first impressions are these are a quality iron and the new grooves don't really effect the stopping power. I think I may find that half a club after getting a few more rounds in a feeling confident to really go after the ball.

Thanks to the greek grind and a few others for pushing me in the right direction. Next hit out will be wednesday after work for nine holes and about 1 hours range time. I will be putting them to the test against my x tours to really get a accurate view of the distance.I may even throw a s300 shaft in the one for the tours and see if it is the shaft that is causing my to hit these so high. I don'y mind hitting iy high but preference is a more penertrating flight.

[quote name='JB lefty' timestamp='1324182505' post='3955059']
The RAZR forged had the first run yesterday. They have by a considerable amount more feel and feedback than the razr x tours. They just feel way softer and give great feedback. They would be about the same in softness compared to the 09 x forged. The first outing was a more a test run type thing than a going after a score round. Having said that I had 80 off the bat and hit these just as consistent as the x tours. These irons hit absolute moon balls compared to previous irons aI have had in the past. It may be the shafts or the club beIng a tad lighter than what I have played before. I would say the height is costing me around half a club. The ball coming down from such a height really has the ball biting and stopping beautifully. I had a couple of 9 irons back up to my surprise. The greens were firm and a bit wind dry. These things will be point and shoot for soft greens. Overall my first impressions are these are a quality iron and the new grooves don't really effect the stopping power. I think I may find that half a club after getting a few more rounds in a feeling confident to really go after the ball.

Thanks to the greek grind and a few others for pushing me in the right direction. Next hit out will be wednesday after work for nine holes and about 1 hours range time. I will be putting them to the test against my x tours to really get a accurate view of the distance.I may even throw a s300 shaft in the one for the tours and see if it is the shaft that is causing my to hit these so high. I don'y mind hitting iy high but preference is a more penertrating flight.
[/quote]
The high ball flight is from the kbs shafts. Switch to s300 or sl version.

I will be giving the KBS another run this afternoon and some range time. I might next week pull a S300 shaft from my x tours and throw in a club to try. I will wait and see how todays range session and 9 holes go. I don't want to jump in a change the shaft straight away. I think if I give it a chance to get the feel for the clubs first before changing the shafts. Kinda like giving the shafts a fair go before sacking them.

After a small bucket of balls ( around 70) hitting around 5-9 balls each iron. My initial thought may have been a little off. The RXF if anything carried at least the same and if not more on occasions than the RAZR x tours with S300. The RXF have KBS tour in s flex.
The feel of the RXF is just as good as my initial post. These are super soft and you know exactly where you hit the ball without the harsh feedback or clang you would normally get with a blade or players type iron. I am not sure or convinced this is shafts doing or the head.
Spin wise they are on par with any other of the new conforming irons i have hit. The new grooves have some serious bite in them as through nine holes the brand new titliest pro v was chewed up well and proper and now is only good for the shag bag. Stopping power and green grab with a well stuck iron down wind was impressive, one hope and the teeth went in and stop. i though inot the wind the ball did balloon heaps more than the X tours. Overall the RXF do tend to be a well noticeable higher ball flight so one would expect the wind the affect it more.
Only complaints with these thus far is the ball flight is high and the grooves eat everything and seem to be clogged up quicker than other irons I have played. These are just as easy if not on par with the X tours to hit. I do have a set of proto's with px 6.0 under the tree waiting to be unwrapped.

Just wanted to thank "The Grind" for the review. Callaway had sales over past two weeks, was contemplating something new for my inventory.

Been playing 09 XForged (with KBS Tour) and my trust X-Tour DG S300s over past couple of years. CPO had 25% off forged so surfing I went on their website.

Found RXF and DF, both with KBS Tours, decided based on these reviews and the frequency of which I play (once a week if lucky, occasionally twice a week) and how ofter I practice (never) I went with Diablo Forged, +1" KBS Tour S. Under 600 shipped, came with GP White/Black New Decade multi compound grips. Like New, meaning New condition, as were still in box, each iron bag in the box still orginal seal.

Only got to play a quick nine today with them, but wow, are these stupid easy to hit, great feel and sound. Spin is perfect, as a wedge or 5 iron hits the green, stops within 2-3 feet of its pitch mark...no crazy DG suck back 15 feet type spin. Also noticed at least half club longer, too (bonus).

I think I'm going to love these clubs, as am smitten after only 9 holes.

Much appreciated, GG, your advice really helped.

NOTE: Anyone who's a snob about top line, offset, blah blah, yada yada...These DF setup beatifully, can't see the gaudy badges in the cavity, nor can you see the cavity at address. Sole looks MUCH wider than it palys, bounce is about perfect.

Great set of irons, glad I found these before they're all gone. A future classic, of its own kind in the future.

2015 GBB 10.5 - MRC B Series 60S 44.75"
RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
RFX 7 Wood Matrix Black Tie 7M3
XHot Pro Hybrid 23 Accra Shaft
Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V or Recoil 110 S-flex (Recoil for Winter Season)
Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra grip
X Forged C Grind 52*
PM Grind 58* KBS 610 Wedge
Chrome Soft 2016 Yellow
Hdcp - between 3 to 5 over the year

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='golfdad907' timestamp='1324618077' post='3978941']
Just wanted to thank "The Grind" for the review. Callaway had sales over past two weeks, was contemplating something new for my inventory.

Been playing 09 XForged (with KBS Tour) and my trust X-Tour DG S300s over past couple of years. CPO had 25% off forged so surfing I went on their website.

Found RXF and DF, both with KBS Tours, decided based on these reviews and the frequency of which I play (once a week if lucky, occasionally twice a week) and how ofter I practice (never) I went with Diablo Forged, +1" KBS Tour S. Under 600 shipped, came with GP White/Black New Decade multi compound grips. Like New, meaning New condition, as were still in box, each iron bag in the box still orginal seal.

Only got to play a quick nine today with them, but wow, are these stupid easy to hit, great feel and sound. Spin is perfect, as a wedge or 5 iron hits the green, stops within 2-3 feet of its pitch mark...no crazy DG suck back 15 feet type spin. Also noticed at least half club longer, too (bonus).

I think I'm going to love these clubs, as am smitten after only 9 holes.

Much appreciated, GG, your advice really helped.

NOTE: Anyone who's a snob about top line, offset, blah blah, yada yada...These DF setup beatifully, can't see the gaudy badges in the cavity, nor can you see the cavity at address. Sole looks MUCH wider than it palys, bounce is about perfect.

Great set of irons, glad I found these before they're all gone. A future classic, of its own kind in the future.
[/quote]
golfdad907 yes! Welcome to the Diablo :diablo: Forged irons fan club! I really do just love everything about this iron (obviously), and think it plays well for any handicap. Glad this review nudged you in the DF direction. As you're experiencing, they really are amazing.

Keep the updates coming friend! Look forward to hearing more glowing reports how they're playing for you, and especially what you like in particular about them as they compare to other irons you've played.

Viva La Diablo :diablo: Forged baby!

Well mine got some new life in them. I'm thrilled with the new shafts and how they perform now. Soft stepped x2

6632244761_a5f4bb9b13_b.jpg

PING G25 4-UW CFS

After four rounds and a couple of range sessions. THe RXF are as soft as the 09 x forged and play a tad easier. They let you know when you haven't hit it pure whilst returning an element an forgiveness. I have played the razr x tour and I think by far the RXF are a better iron and have the best feel and feedback of any callaway iron I have played to date. I still have a set of proto's with the plastic still on in the study just begging to be hit. To be honest I don't really want to take the plastic of these as the RXF are fantastic and I have no real reason to pull them out of the bag. The KBS shafts are nice although I am still hitting moon balls with them but I am not losing any real distance so softer landings are an advantage. The wind does tend to move the ball alot when it blows a reasonable amount. Very satisfied with these irons and would think that any golfer would be happy with them. Now do I take the wrappers off the proto's?

After four rounds and a couple of range sessions. THe RXF are as soft as the 09 x forged and play a tad easier. They let you know when you haven't hit it pure whilst returning an element an forgiveness. I have played the razr x tour and I think by far the RXF are a better iron and have the best feel and feedback of any callaway iron I have played to date. I still have a set of proto's with the plastic still on in the study just begging to be hit. To be honest I don't really want to take the plastic of these as the RXF are fantastic and I have no real reason to pull them out of the bag. The KBS shafts are nice although I am still hitting moon balls with them but I am not losing any real distance so softer landings are an advantage. The wind does tend to move the ball alot when it blows a reasonable amount. Very satisfied with these irons and would think that any golfer would be happy with them. Now do I take the wrappers off the proto's?

Yes you take the wrappers off JB! :)

Nice to hear the RXF are getting such high marks by you. Can't get much better for someone than to say what you said, "best feel and feedback of any Cally iron" you've played to date.

golfware just hit them recently as well and is tempted by them just by their feel. Haha, he'll give in.

But by all means man, take the wrappers off those protos. You might find the 8,9, and PW to be preferable as some do and have yourself a mixed set.

Well mine got some new life in them. I'm thrilled with the new shafts and how they perform now. Soft stepped x2

6632244761_a5f4bb9b13_b.jpg

Niiiice Agent Jim. I'm in the process of also reshafting my irons (again, and for the last time). Went to S300, which were better than the 990 for me, but I went through a few more fittings and ultimately decided on S400, or X100 ssX1, (and the PX 6.0 are still in the mix).

In no rush to decide, and want to get more time in with more irons with each shaft. The fitter even suggested I go X100 straight in thinking as I get more comfortable with my swing changes I'm going to pick up some swing speed, and that's another reason I want a few more sessions hitting them all before deciding.

Any particular reason why you went X100 ssX2 rather than say X400?

[quote name='The GreekGrind' timestamp='1326015577' post='4044827']

Niiiice Agent Jim. I'm in the process of also reshafting my irons (again, and for the last time). Went to S300, which were better than the 990 for me, but I went through a few more fittings and ultimately decided on S400, or X100 ssX1, (and the PX 6.0 are still in the mix).

In no rush to decide, and want to get more time in with more irons with each shaft. The fitter even suggested I go X100 straight in thinking as I get more comfortable with my swing changes I'm going to pick up some swing speed, and that's another reason I want a few more sessions hitting them all before deciding.

Any particular reason why you went X100 ssX2 rather than say X400?
[/quote]

Well I went with the dynamic gold because it would bring the ball flight way down. Since I was between the hard step of the S400/S300 or the Soft step x2, i though that the soft stepping would raise the ball flight up just a little bit. It was a pure theory in my head. I wanted a project to do so I went with it. I like tinkering and it occupied some of my time. It turns out I like it.

PING G25 4-UW CFS

You can't really go wrong with dynamic gold shafts they have been around for a long time and stood the test of time. Quality shafts and will match up nice with diablo irons. I may throw a set of the x100 soft stepped at my RXF to try. I am still in the honey moon phase with these so a few more rounds before making changes.

Greek Grind- Took the plastic off the PW and hit some chips in the back yard with the proto's. Now I want to take the rest if the wrappers off. You are a bad influence! Now where is my RAZR fit driver and 3 wood mr fedex? partytime2.gif Or should that be Mr Callaway

Well I got put into the X100 ss again (third time). These are consistently the best overall shafts for me.

I hit the PX 6.0 a bit more as well, and while I got about 4 to 5 yards more distance, I had more feel with the DG, and was also less wild with the DG. The PX 6.0 are not harsh though by any stretch of the imagination, and I liked them rather well.

I also hit the KBS Tour, and while it's indisputable that some people love them, I am not one of those people. I got the least distance with them of all three shafts, and while soft feeling, they were almost too soft (maybe even whippy feeling?).

I have a few more months to decide once and for all, but X100 ss looks like the winner. Going to start with the RXF, and see how those play with the new shafts, then the RXMB, then the DF.

Greek Grind- Took the plastic off the PW and hit some chips in the back yard with the proto's. Now I want to take the rest if the wrappers off. You are a bad influence!

innocent-innocent-male-smiley-smiley-emoticon-000633-large.gif

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='callofduty' timestamp='1327982687' post='4182689']
Thank you for the review GG. It was excellent. Very detailed and spot on. I ended up ordering some Callaway Razr X forged. Just got them the other day. They look and feel awesome. Have not played them but will give you a report when i do. Thanks again.
[/quote]

Great irons call. :yahoo: I like mine more and more every time I play them. :hi: And glad you liked the review. Definitely come back and give us your report when you get them in play! :good:

Wow its been 2 months since my proto's have arrived and they are still in the study in the spare bag gathering dust. The RAZR forged irons are going that good and I have been hitting them so well I do want to take them out of the bag. The thing is I had always wanted to play the proto's and I still do. The way things are going they will be sitting for a while before they get a game. I am enjoying the soft feel and easy to play forgings to much to even look sideways at another iron. The most surprising thing is how much spin I can get on the ball with mid and short irons. I backed a 8 iron from mid green off the front edge on Saturday and the greens were firm. I shot 75 in the medal with 3 three putts.

Those that are thinking about these irons, stop thinking and get your wallet out. They are top shelf irons and I doubt there is a better forged cavity back on the market atm.