rebby's old WITB (with black Miura 1957's)

rebby I have to tell you that seeing your black boron BBs changed me. Up until that point I thought I had the sexiest set of irons in my custom paint fill satin BBs. When I looked at them, I thought that way. Then I saw your pics of those black boron and I hit the floor. Made me get the itch real bad, so LOL I got a set (PW-2i) too!

LOL you are the only other ho I've come across with two BB sets. It's a bit of a consolation to know I'm not the only ho that bad. BBs = Best. Irons. Ever.

You have a beautiful iron harem there (LMAO your Pings notwithstanding). Love those Hogans too.

The worst part is that I’m so tempted to buy a third set now they the baby blades are essentially defunct. It’s sad really. The new Miura has no idea what they had on their hands there.

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x
TI P770 2 | P770 3, P7MC 4-5, P7MB 6-9 / Miura 1957 4-9, $-Taper 125
TI MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | TI MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rebby I have to tell you that seeing your black boron BBs changed me. Up until that point I thought I had the sexiest set of irons in my custom paint fill satin BBs. When I looked at them, I thought that way. Then I saw your pics of those black boron and I hit the floor. Made me get the itch real bad, so LOL I got a set (PW-2i) too!

LOL you are the only other ho I've come across with two BB sets. It's a bit of a consolation to know I'm not the only ho that bad. BBs = Best. Irons. Ever.

You have a beautiful iron harem there (LMAO your Pings notwithstanding). Love those Hogans too.

The worst part is that I’m so tempted to buy a third set now they the baby blades are essentially defunct. It’s sad really. The new Miura has no idea what they had on their hands there.

Sad? Yes be sad that the best irons ever designed, for ALL players mind you, is obsolete or will be shortly. BUT...

...be happy that you have two sets of them all to yourself and now their obsolescence makes them even more special. Think of it now as that you have an advantage over any other iron with those and now nobody else except another BB owner will be able to match that advantage. And that makes owning them special.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

• 7 months later...

A few details on how I'll be starting off my 2018 season.

Driver: 9' Ping G400 w/Fujikura Atmos Blue 6x (Folds of Honor), D2.6, 44.5"

Fairway Wood: 16.5' Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro F2 w/Fujikura Atmos Red 7x, D2.3, 43"

Utility Iron: TaylorMade P790 w/KBS $-Taper 125, 3-iron

Irons: TaylorMade P730 w/KBS $-Taper 125, 3-PW

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK 15 52/53, 58 w/KBS Wedge 130

Putter: Mann Krafted MA/38, 33.25", 370g

Bag: 2016/17 Sun Mountain 2FIVE

Ball: TaylorMade TP5X

To be totally honest, I'm a little shocked to see that much TaylorMade gear in my bag. I haven't had a TaylorMade club land in my bag since the Original-1 driver (in top post) that I carried when I was a kid. Trackman doesn't lie however and the P730s are the closest thing that I can find to my beloved 1957s that have seen better days. Any attempt to replace the 1957s in the past has failed miserably, we'll see how long the P730s stick around. So far, so good, enough so that I'm going to give them a shot.

I supplemented the P730s with a P790 3-iron which serves more as a 2-iron for me, notice that I technically have two 3-irons in my bag. I actually play the P730s a hair weak from stock so this should work just fine. I even equipped the P790 with a 2-iron shaft and built it to my 1957 2-iron specs. My final distance gaps will determine if multiple "3-irons" stay in the bag or not (I prefer to do distance gapping off the grass rather than indoors)

No real changes with my wedges. I've played the TK 15s for the last couple of seasons and am going to stick with them until I kill off my stock. I have several of these in various lofts ranging from 48' (PW replacement for me) to 63' that I'll swap out depending on course/conditions/etc. My "default" combination is 53, 58. In the case of the attached pictures, my 53 is actually a 52 that I've bent a degree weak.

The G400 is a carry over that I purchased last fall to see if it could kick out the Callaway 816 DBD that I've been using since it was released (it replaced an ill-fitted 815 DBD). The limited testing that I was able to do with it proved promising so I'm going to give it another shot this spring. The 816 is a pretty demanding club so I'm hoping that the G400 will give me a little more consistency without having to sacrifice any yards.

Like the G400, my 4-wood is a carry over from fall 2017 testing. The CB Pro F2 isn't much of a deviation from my previous 4-wood, a CB Pro w/a Speeder 757. Like the driver though, I'm hoping to gain a little consistency. I found the Atmos to be a very stable shaft compared to the Speeder that I used to carry in my driver so I'm hoping for the same from my 4-wood. If not, I'll swap the old one back in and move on.

I'll start off with my MA/38 on the greens this year but I'm known to rotate through my stock of Anser/Newport style putters.

MA38-1.jpg

MA38-2.jpg

WITB201805-1.jpg

WITB201805-2.jpg

WITB201805-3.jpg

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good my friend! That Attoms is awesome ! The putter is looking great too.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Looking good my friend! That Attoms is awesome ! The putter is looking great too.

I've been really happy with the ATMOS line of shafts. I've wanted a Folds of Honor shafts since I first saw them and was finally able to snag one over the winter. Due to the swap from a Callaway tip to a PING tip, it's playing a little shorter than I'd like in the PING so I'm debating my next move. It looks like the G400 is here to stay so I might add a short extension to FoH shaft to get back to my preferred configuration. I did try some lead tape on the head and wasn't happy with the resulting feel so I do have more work to do here.

I'm still getting a little more launch/spin out of the ATMOS Red 7x in my CB Pro F2 4-wood than I'd like, even with it tipped 1/2". I needed to add just over a gram of lead tape to get to my preferred swing weight as well. With those 2 points in mind, I grabbed an ATMOS Blue 8x that I'm going to swap into the F2 to see if maybe that combo can kick out my original CB Pro that has a Speeder 757 in it. Based on information from Fujikura tech support, the Speeder 757 splits the difference between the ATMOS Red and Blue (in the same weight & profile). I may be getting a hair lower than I'd like by moving up a weight profile and color profile at the same time so I'll start w/by installing the Blue straight in (no tipping). I did the same thing when I first installed the Red so this isn't a new process for me. To be totally honest, I'm trying to fix something here that isn't broken. I love my CB Pro/757 combo but I'm really impressed with the stability of the ATMOS, enough so that I don't feel that this is an exercise in futility. If I can somehow find the right combination to get the ball flight characteristics that I'm looking for out of an F2/ATMOS setup, it should be a pretty sweet stick. If I can't, I'm happy putting the CB Pro/757 back in the bag.

So far I'm pretty happy with the P730s. With the amount of work that I put into them over the winter, they'd better be. LOL ;) I just need to get my distance gaps figured out now. Over the winter I just worked on finding the right shaft/weight configuration throughout the bag, I never did work through my distance gapping (which is kind of an important detail).

I loved my G400 with the Atmos Red, but the ho in me though I could get something better with the F8+. Boy was I wrong! I tried the Max last year with the Red , but it wasn’t anything special. I had another iron fitting on Friday and it got done early, so I thought I’d try out some drivers. Max with the Atmos Blue was outstanding!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I loved my G400 with the Atmos Red, but the ho in me though I could get something better with the F8+. Boy was I wrong! I tried the Max last year with the Red , but it wasn't anything special. I had another iron fitting on Friday and it got done early, so I thought I'd try out some drivers. Max with the Atmos Blue was outstanding!

Another iron fitting? What do you have in the works now?

What did you think of the Max vs the standard G400? I was tempted to try the Max but part of what appealed to me w/the G400 in the first place was the smaller size. Max must have been a little higher launch? Just making that assumption since you moved to the Blue.

I loved my G400 with the Atmos Red, but the ho in me though I could get something better with the F8+. Boy was I wrong! I tried the Max last year with the Red , but it wasn't anything special. I had another iron fitting on Friday and it got done early, so I thought I'd try out some drivers. Max with the Atmos Blue was outstanding!

What did you think of the Max vs the standard G400? I was tempted to try the Max but part of what appealed to me w/the G400 in the first place was the smaller size. Max must have been a little higher launch? Just making that assumption since you moved to the Blue.

Yes the Max would spin and launch a little more for me. The Blue fixed all that, plus the Atmos just feel so good. I never get to play much, so I'm going all game improvement clubs until I can get hcp down to a 5 again. So basically I will never get to play small sexy clubs again.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Yes the Max would spin and launch a little more for me. The Blue fixed all that, plus the Atmos just feel so good. I never get to play much, so I'm going all game improvement clubs until I can get hcp down to a 5 again. So basically I will never get to play small sexy clubs again.

Go the other direction. Get some Baby Blades and your limited practice time will have full effect. ;)

• rebby changed the title to rebby's old WITB (with black Miura 1957's)