2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Mac O'Grady's Swing ... what can we learn?

[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1424299426' post='10980835']
Your ignorance isn't my problem. You hit balls into a field wearing work gloves and rain boots. I'm not surprised you haven't heard of a lot of things. The top teachers in the game know exactly who I am and have know who I am for many years. So have many PGA, LPGA, Web.com, and many others.

The problem is your hips get so far out in front and your right arm literally couldn't be more behind you. You are the shinning example of a guy who tries to use all pivot and gets the arms way behind you. Sequence is horrible and is plain to see. It's why you lock up the brakes through the ball. Your poor sequence creates very little speed and causes all sorts of consistency issues with your arms as behind you as anyone I've ever seen.

I have no issue with amateurs having poor swings, I expect it. But you hold yourself out to be an authority on the golf swing. And for someone who is an authority I would expect a lot more.

This is an AIR swing which means it should easier to make it what you deem is ideal since you don't have to hit a golf ball.

[media=]http://youtu.be/XjW-_heeKZQ[/media]

You think the sequencing here is correct or even in the ball park of ideal?
[/quote]

Really, hitting balls into a field with a work glove and "rainboots"? What's that glove or a field got to do with anything golf swing? I don't own any rainboots. That field is my backyard. I know one guy who knows who you are and from whom you got all those TGM lies. The reason you were butt hurt that Phinney didn't know who you were, is because of all the phone lessons you've taken from BManz: All swings use all four Power Accumulators; Every swing is a Hit and Swing, it's just mental; EVERY swing uses PA #1, you have no control over firing the right triceps. Almost verbatim Manzella. Your only hope would be to attend a Lynn Blake Certified Instructor workshop to cleanse the brainwashing you've suffered.

I don't know how you found that video, but I never posted it on any forum and meant to post it private on youtube. You don't know what I was doing there, it was just an idea I had and wanted to see what it looked like after dark. I don't believe in air swings and you're wrong about them being "easier". Why didn't you use my posted stock swing for your "analysis"? Was the ballcap the wrong color or maybe it was the jeans? Other than correcting you on TGM, I've never offered up myself as an authority on the golf swing in general, nor have I ever offered swing advice nor claimed to be a teacher. Here you are again just running your mouth making false statements. And I have never offered up any of my posted swings as superior to any others, scarce though they may be.

[quote name='MizunoJoe' timestamp='1424305925' post='10981483']
[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1424299426' post='10980835']
Your ignorance isn't my problem. You hit balls into a field wearing work gloves and rain boots. I'm not surprised you haven't heard of a lot of things. The top teachers in the game know exactly who I am and have know who I am for many years. So have many PGA, LPGA, Web.com, and many others.

The problem is your hips get so far out in front and your right arm literally couldn't be more behind you. You are the shinning example of a guy who tries to use all pivot and gets the arms way behind you. Sequence is horrible and is plain to see. It's why you lock up the brakes through the ball. Your poor sequence creates very little speed and causes all sorts of consistency issues with your arms as behind you as anyone I've ever seen.

I have no issue with amateurs having poor swings, I expect it. But you hold yourself out to be an authority on the golf swing. And for someone who is an authority I would expect a lot more.

This is an AIR swing which means it should easier to make it what you deem is ideal since you don't have to hit a golf ball.

[media=]http://youtu.be/XjW-_heeKZQ[/media]

You think the sequencing here is correct or even in the ball park of ideal?
[/quote]

Really, hitting balls into a field with a work glove and "rainboots"? What's that glove or a field got to do with anything golf swing? I don't own any rainboots. That field is my backyard. I know one guy who knows who you are and from whom you got all those TGM lies. The reason you were butt hurt that Phinney didn't know who you were, is because of all the phone lessons you've taken from BManz: All swings use all four Power Accumulators; Every swing is a Hit and Swing, it's just mental; EVERY swing uses PA #1, you have no control over firing the right triceps. Almost verbatim Manzella. Your only hope would be to attend a Lynn Blake Certified Instructor workshop to cleanse the brainwashing you've suffered.

I don't know how you found that video, but I never posted it on any forum and meant to post it private on youtube. You don't know what I was doing there, it was just an idea I had and wanted to see what it looked like after dark. I don't believe in air swings and you're wrong about them being "easier". Why didn't you use my posted stock swing for your "analysis"? Was the ballcap the wrong color or maybe it was the jeans? Other than correcting you on TGM, I've never offered up myself as an authority on the golf swing in general, nor have I ever offered swing advice nor claimed to be a teacher. Here you are again just running your mouth making false statements. And I have never offered up any of my posted swings as superior to any others, scarce though they may be.
[/quote]

Funny as I've never once asked Manzella a single question about the golf swing. I have never once called him. I also could care less about Finney and him not knowing who I am. You obviously are completely clueless about who I am and what I've done. Its hilarious how arrogant and sure you are and you continue to put your foot in your mouth. I'm not making false statements just because you don't agree with them. You certainly act like you are an authority and post your own swings in multiple threads obviously having a high opinion of them.

I posted the air swing to show that even when not hitting the ball and making an air swing your sequence is atrocious. And it is that way on purpose. You're trying to get way out of sequence and you arms way behind your pivot. I don't have to know what you were doing there to see it's terrible. It goes to your lack of understanding. You didn't correct me on anything. You think guys who c0ck their right wrist a ridiculous amount have a level right wrist. Ask Ted Fort what his right wrist does when actually measuring on 3D. I'll give you a hint, it's far from level.

If the right arm straightens the tricep is being fired. It simply how the body works. The point about you swinging in a field in jeans and boots was to illustrate that you live in BFE and I'm not shocked you've never heard of me. I've never heard of you. What's your point? I've taught on tour since 2009 and 24 years old and it didn't happen from internet forums. It happened from getting results and creating a name for myself.

[media=]http://youtu.be/5hgoPiBsDNY[/media]

You can call these whatever you want. Rubber camo boots that here we would call rain boots.

[quote name='MizunoJoe' timestamp='1424305925' post='10981483']

[/quote]

Lighten up geez these guys bag me with my socks and shorts, wait until you get a p1 to p10 light sabre before you go nutzos. No chance Dan learnt anything from Manzella, seriously where do you make this stuff up from?
Btw I love your backyard/farm its awesome but next time you feed the horses special K don't put any in your own coffee

[quote name='MizunoJoe' timestamp='1418913744' post='10611519']
[quote name='PingG10guy' timestamp='1418913201' post='10611479']
[quote name='MizunoJoe' timestamp='1418913055' post='10611465']
Unfortunately, the fanboys drank too much and are bending the left wrist through impact.
[/quote]

Uhhh didnt Lake tell Virtuoso to feel like he was doing that during impact? Which are "fanboys"? Im confused
[/quote]

There's a big diff between losing some right wrist bend through impact and actually having a bent left wrist while the ball is still on the face.
[/quote]

I'd say you are closer to the latter.....

[quote name='MizunoJoe' timestamp='1419020553' post='10617903']
Thanks guys, I'll probably have to take you up on it.

Jacob - Fast doesn't mean correct. And I'm not sure that lI shouldn [b]listen to everything Mac says[/b]. I don't claim to know the swing, just think I can copy what I see.
[/quote]

You probably shouldn't listen to everything Mac says.....

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HTHqzcHrv8[/media]

I like your swing Mizuno, the reason I like it is you own it and nobody can take that away from you!!! I have seen waaaay worse swings even from so called Pro's. There's a Pro from Finland who actually knows Hogan's secret and his swing is about the same as yours.. I believe someone once described it as looking like a folding deck chair, but I digress, Love the golfing attire..I myself have hit balls wearing rubber boots at the range, the work gloves are a bit harder to wear as I lose the feel of the ball on the face at impact and then I can't seem to open or close it while the ball is still on the face ala Johnny Miller to work that pill at will.

Makes it a lot harder to go real low, but if it works for ya ... Anyways I don't know why these guys are so hard on you, it's a mob mentality I guess...lol! If you ever have trouble with your swing look up the guy in my avatar he's the best there is and ever will be. :wave:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

He was very good and looked to have quick fast twitch muscles. Sometimes their isn't anything you can learn just like asking what can we learn from michael Jordans game well.. We can learn he is the man and that's about it. Iv'e seen this guy swing it was sorta one plainish and very quick with nice timing.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...