Poor Ashley

Golf_Beauty

"Big Break" didn't really give her a break
Ashley didn't get her LPGA Tour exemption for 2007. She wound up 7th on the money list Kristy McPherson, who's slated for BBVI, did get her card (4th on the money list). I think her going to the Safeway Classic hurt her. If she had just committed to her goal of getting her card, without the LPGA exemption tourney, she would have made it, in my opinion. Maybe TGC needs to think about putting their exemptions not so close to the end of the Duramed's season end. What do you think?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know whether it would have helped. When they were televised, I watched her rounds leading up to the final event. She couldn't putt to save her life. In the next to last event, she was in the top 5 until she triple bogeyed a hole, which was the beginning of the end.

She needed a couple of thousand $$ to move up to number 5, and with the way she's been playing, I'm not sure she could have finished high enough in the tournament she skipped (to attend the Safeway event) to make enough money to do that. Maybe she needs Q school to kick start her game.

She was probably contractually obligated to play in the Safeway Classic and what fool would miss an opportunity to play in an LPGA event? Oh wait, Danielle from BBIII would (sorry, had to say that).

To me, Ashley had all season to make the money she needed to be in the top 5 - skipping one week and blaming not getting her card on that is like saying if I had only made that one putt on #18 to win... what about all the other dropped shots on the other 17 holes? :cheesy:

Here's hoping she does well in Q school. I spoke with her at length at the Futures event in Concord NH and she's very nice - a tough as nails competitor tho' that's for sure!

Deb.

I was actually rooting for her at the end. I'd rather have a root canal than to go to Q School.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

No player has made it to the LPGA full time. Who knows where Danielle from BBIII is... she got two sponsor's exemptions - missed the cut on the first one and WD from the second one I think.

I don't believe any have made it through Q school either...

AND, I agree w/Ashley needing to wear longer skorts, well, maybe if they were a size or two larger the shorter length would be OK. :cheesy:

Deb.

lets hope she will start wearing longer skirts! I hate to sound bad but i hate to see her legs in those skirts anymore :cheesy: :D :D

Thanks for that utterly useless post. We do appreciate it.

Ashley got a sponsors exemption into the Longs Drugs tournament this or next week. Forget which one it was. She's got another chance.

Who knows where Danielle from BBIII is...

Didn't have The Golf Channel until recently. Is Danielle the one that was on the Natalie Gulbis Show and talked about her implants exploding? If so, was anybody rooting for her on BBIII? Man, she was annoying me just in the 5 mintues they showed her on Gulbis' show.

The latest Danielle conspiracy is the "Did she pose for Playboy?" rumor that has been circulating around the web. A photo does exists of what seemingly looks like her at some sort of Playboy 50th Anniversary party. If she did do this, why? How can this help your golf career (if that really is what she's been dreaming of)... I'll leave it to you to figure out...

Here's the link to the photo>>Danielle Amiee

That photo has to be at least a year old if not two - it was making the rounds during BBIII so maybe it was taken prior to her getting the BB opportunity - meaning she wasn't too worried about what it would do to her golf career. To me, golf was always secondary to her... second to what, well, again, will leave that to all of you to consider. :D

It's just too bad 'cause she clearly took a spot on BBIII that could have gone to a more deserving person - but then again, sex sells and I know a lot of folks watched the series just to see what Danielle would do next. :cheesy:

Deb.

Two LPGA Tour tournaments -- the SBS Open at Turtle Bay Resort and the Longs Drugs Challenge -- will offer playing spots to the female winner of "The Big Break VI: Trump National,". However, one of the girls chosen for BBVI already has her LPGA exemption for 2007. I don't know how Ashely's name is associated. :D

^^If you check out Golfweek or Golf Digest (forget which one), the always announce the winner of The Big Break. I think it's Golf Magazine, since Golf Digest has a big insert each month from TGC. I remember thinking, "Is Golf Magazine sticking it to TGC for not advertising?"

Oh, and that woman Danielle...woo boy is she TORE BACK. *shudder*

I for one could care less what Ashley looks like; however, it's pretty well been proven these days that fitness matters. Check out all winners on either TOUR. How many are overweight like Ashley? I would say none.

I beg to differ about the overweight thing...

what about Phil? he's overweight ; about as overweight as Ashley certainly.

for the record, I've seen Ashley in person - she's not as large as she appears to be on TV and again, if she wore skorts that fit correctly we wouldn't be having this discussion. :D

Laura Davies - solid but large and a winner this year (Ladies European Tour)

the fitness thing does matter tho' - as evidenced by players like Lori Kane & Angela Stanford getting trainers and losing weight since last season...

Deb.

^^You're absolutely right, phil is getting tubby and I really think it's affecting his performance. When I am in shape I know I can shoot probably 5 strokes better that now. Yes, Laura Davies won this year, but my overall point is that the thinking has changed, you see very few overweight golfers of either gender today.

I acutally prefer a woman like Ashley who looks "womanly". Annika looks ok, but her body is sorta like a guy's.

ashley was at Avenel in Bethesda Md on monday for a golf outing sponsored by BARR labs/ Duramed? (spelling?). My wife was there and recognized her, and added of course that i forced my wife to watch any big break stuff at all. Wife said she was very very nice and clearly tv portrayed her a differently than reality, what a surprise... Also a woman from the new big break was there too, another futures player wifey couldn'nt remember which one.

wifey?

Duramed is the sponsor of the Futures Tour - official name is Duramed FUTURES Tour.

I hear ya' re: the 'womanly' shape but Annika's body is OK by me. :D

I'm am amazed at her core strength - this summer during a tourney rain delay Annika & her sister were interviewed while working out - Charlotta was tossing a medicine ball to Annika who was on her knees balancing on one of the large exercise ball - and Annika would toss it back, barely moving on the ball. Just incredible! Charlie Rymer did the interview... then wandered off to eat a donut I think. HA!

I for one could care less what Ashley looks like; however, it's pretty well been proven these days that fitness matters. Check out all winners on either TOUR. How many are overweight like Ashley? I would say none.

didnt pat hurst win recently? she is the most overweight of them all!!!! i dont care for her after i watched the tournament she won, she had a lead but someone could have tied her on the 18th and sent it to a playoff. she didnt bother to stay loose and get some extra practice. she sat by the 18th all out of breath, looking as if she couldnt even walk anymore. i bet she was praying that the other girl would miss her putt so she could go home and sleep. i also believe her fitness led to her loss against annika, she looked worn out after a full weekend of golf and couldnt keep up on that monday of the championship.

Yes, I should have mentioned Pat as well. She was also battling a mean blister or two at the Open in Newport - she said something about a new pair of shoes... why someone would break out a new pair for a major championship like that is beyond me but maybe her other pair wasn't waterproof. :D We all know how wet the course was that week.

didnt pat hurst win recently? she is the most overweight of them all!!!! i dont care for her after i watched the tournament she won, she had a lead but someone could have tied her on the 18th and sent it to a playoff. she didnt bother to stay loose and get some extra practice. she sat by the 18th all out of breath, looking as if she couldnt even walk anymore. i bet she was praying that the other girl would miss her putt so she could go home and sleep. i also believe her fitness led to her loss against annika, she looked worn out after a full weekend of golf and couldnt keep up on that monday of the championship.

Good points. Hurst did win recently, but how often is she competetive these days? Laura Davies? Her lack of physical conditioning really showed during her 18-hole playoff with Annika. If you notice, even Christina Kim is in better shape these days, and I believe she's playing better.

Again, it has nothing to do with looks, I think Ashley is a cute girl (HATE her smile, though), and Christina Kim was always a hottie in my book, certainly better looking than Gulbis (IMHO). My big problem is that she had Catherine Roberts as a personal trainer and didn't take full advantage of it. I'd kill to have her train me for free; hell, I paid $30 for her Yoga for Golfers DVD.