2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Guy throws a temper tantrum on the tee box, you gotta read this story...

arkstorm

but what could I have done?
Here's the story,

Play was slow and we were playing behind a foursome who was constantly being held up by the group in front of them. My group was watching the foursome infront of us tee off on a few holes, no blame though because they were obviously waiting on the guys in front of them, and so forth.

So one of the guys hits a tee shot on a short par four and duffs it left into some trees. He hits another, not much better. So he then proceeds to slam his club on the teeing ground repeatedly while jumping up and down. I couldn't help but start cracking up, watching a grown man act like an infant...

So on the very next tee, a long par three, playing 197 yards, the same adult infant is teeing off. Again, we've caught up and are watching him. The guy is hitting hybrid and proceeds to chunk his shot into some junk between the tee and green. This time, after slamming his club into the ground a few times, he kicks over the tee marker (one of those nicer stone kind). However, after his tantrum he walks away from the tee, and never puts the tee marker back where it was -- just starts walking away towards his pull cart. So I say to the guy, (snidely) "Don't worry about it, I'll just put that tee marker back for you!" And I proceed toward it to stand it back up in place. So the guy asks me, in a dumbfounded tone, "What, you want me to put it back?" So I reply, "Yeah, that would be nice, since you did kick it over!" So the guy, in tough guy form, tries to stare me down while I put the tee marker back in place.

After his group got done playing the par three, they were waiting on the next tee and watching me and my playing partner hit (I hit my 4-iron hybrid to within ten feet, just to stick it to him -- but missed the putt). Allthewhile we are rolling past this guy, he is staring at us giving us "hard" looks.

And not that I expected any differently from this bozo, but when we got to the next tee, of course, the tee markers where thrown all over the place.

Final analysis, some people don't deserve the privelege of playing this great game!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty sad while at the same time all too common. It escapes me how some people allow themselves to get so infuriated over a game. We all know how frustrating golf can be at times, but if you become that emotional over it, I would assume just not play at all. I'm extremely competitive, but I learned early on that the effects of acting like like a child have, to this date, never helped me get things back on track. Not to mention, how silly that type of behavior makes you look in front of everybody else. It really seems like a lose/lose situation to engage in those type of antics. Maybe it's something I just won't ever understand. :D Just my 2 cents.

You have to play with peoples heads when they act like morons!! It's so much fun. After he threw the markers all over the place, you should have made a point to say something like 'if you hit the ball as well you kick tee markers, you'd be on tour!'.

Don't let people get away with crap like this! He knew his actions were wrong and the 'stare' always cracks me up, if someone does that, they are not going to do anything.

Best thing to do is notify to shop. They need to know so they can get rid of those idiots. Managing a golf course we realize that the percentage of good folks are in the high 90's. But we need to figure out the troublemakers and get rid of them. I played a muni in Houston yesterday and we continually notified the shop and marshall of the fact that players were wearing metal spikes. Sadly the staff did not care.

While you probably should not have said anything to the guy about the tee marker I can't say I blame you, in your position it's tough not to.

I mean, the guy obviously has anger issues. So let him vent. There's nothing wrong with venting. You just incited him to do more by saying what you said to him. Even if he kicked the tee marker off its place.

If he got his putter, slammed it into the green toe-first, dug in and pulled for about 10 feet, then kill him. I had a partner that chucked his club almost every time he hit a fat shot. It was so annoying. I felt like dropping a ball right there and driving it at him. But anyway...

I mean, the guy obviously has anger issues. So let him vent. There's nothing wrong with venting. You just incited him to do more by saying what you said to him. Even if he kicked the tee marker off its place.

If he got his putter, slammed it into the green toe-first, dug in and pulled for about 10 feet, then kill him. I had a partner that chucked his club almost every time he hit a fat shot. It was so annoying. I felt like dropping a ball right there and driving it at him. But anyway...

:D There's no middle ground with you furrankee, is there? :cheesy:

Either turn the other cheek, OR KILL HIM! :crazy:

I just call the marshalls, get them kicked off the course for vandalizing it.....I won't put up with that b.s. for one minute.

Absolutely correct. Pisses me off just to read about b.s.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

And not that I expected any differently from this bozo, but when we got to the next tee, of course, the tee markers where thrown all over the place.

Drive into them and if they complain, apologize and say that the location of the tee markers makes it difficult to see them in the fairway

At a course near me, Birdsfoot. I am freinds with a greens keeper and he told me of a league there that has a couple winners like this guy. They will kick over the garbage cans and the one because the greens were areated would dig his putter into the ground. Well finally the head greenskeeper followed him with a camcorder and taped him. He is fined by the police and never allowed back on the course. What makes it worse it was a practice round for the league!

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3