2024 3M Open What's In The Bag Photos ×

Tour Take Up - R11S vs RBZ

merged
Anyone have any insight or figures on tour take up of the new TM clubs?

I seem to see or hear of a few R11S in play, haven't heard of any RBZ.
Obviously quite a few RBZ fairways have been put in play.

Has Donald switched to R11S driver?
Did Rock use R11S to win last week?

I'm pretty sure that DJ and Garcia have R11S in the bag.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1328114492' post='4191535']
It seems that the R11S is getting more play then the hyped RBZ?
[/quote]

That makes sense to me in terms of the tour level. Just like the R11 last year over the SF 2.0....

I don't think we'll be seeing too many RBZ drivers on tour in general, especially if they don't find a way to mute the sound...

TM '17 M2 9.5* - Accra Tour Z X465 M4
PING G5 - Aldila NV75S

TM MC 3-PW - DG S300
Titleist Vokey SM4 52/56/60
Scotty Cameron TEI3

[quote name='GetmeouttaJersey' timestamp='1328114876' post='4191569']

I don't think we'll be seeing too many RBZ drivers on tour in general, especially if they don't find a way to mute the sound...
[/quote]

... the guys on tour call it hotmelt, works wonders. ;)

Yamaha V202 Tour - Tour AD BB-7
Yamaha v FW 14° - Tour AD BB-7
Yamaha IFF 19° - Tour AD DI-7
Epon Personal 3-P - DG Pro
Yamaha Inpres X 52° 58° - DG Spinner
Golds Factory SUS 303 custom
WITB Link

[quote name='JanKo ' timestamp='1328116759' post='4191753']
[quote name='GetmeouttaJersey' timestamp='1328114876' post='4191569']
[/quote]

... the guys on tour call it hotmelt, works wonders. ;)
[/quote]

I know the stuff all too well. Just wish I had my own staff to do the dirty work ; )

PING G5 - Aldila NV75S

TM MC 3-PW - DG S300
Scotty Cameron TEI3

You think most of those are playing the 460 R11s....I highly doubt it they are playing the V2/Dot whatever you want to call it.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ 6S 
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TEi3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" 340gr
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

The R11 was good, but TMag made the Superfast 2.0 better. This year, they made their more expensive driver better. I have hit and tested both the R11s and RBZ, and the R11s driver is ridiculous. My carry jumped 15 yards over my Ping Rapture v2. The RBZ FAIRWAY however is the best wood I have hit. I hit the 17* high launch 3 wood about 10 yards farther than my g15 wood. I already have my 10.5* R11s TP ordered and RBZ HL3 wood is next!

R11s driver>RBZ driver

RBZ woods>R11s woods

partytime2.gif

G30 LS 10.5 ADDI 6X 44.5"
G30 14.5*, 18* ADDI 7X 43, 42.5
G30 19* Tour 90 X
i25 3, 4 S55 5-pw DG TI S400 ylw dot
Glide 50s, 54ss, 60ts DG TI S400
Ketsch 35" straight arc
WITB Link

The R11 was good, but TMag made the Superfast 2.0 better. This year, they made their more expensive driver better. I have hit and tested both the R11s and RBZ, and the R11s driver is ridiculous. My carry jumped 15 yards over my Ping Rapture v2. The RBZ FAIRWAY however is the best wood I have hit. I hit the 17* high launch 3 wood about 10 yards farther than my g15 wood. I already have my 10.5* R11s TP ordered and RBZ HL3 wood is next!

R11s driver>RBZ driver

RBZ woods>R11s woods

partytime2.gif

Has anyone tried the R11s with the Ozick HD6 shaft?

I tested the R11s vs the RBZ Tour today and the R11s spin was way down compared to the RBZ Tour. It also felt better to me during the testing.

TaylorMade SIM 9* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5
TaylorMade M6 14* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.5
TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 19* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black HY 90 6.5
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 4&5 KBS Tour C-Taper S
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 6-PW KBS Tour C-Taper S
Mizuno T20 Raw 50-07, 54-08, 58-08 TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
TaylorMade TP Black Cooper Ardmore 3L
TaylorMadeTP5x

R11s driver>RBZ driver

RBZ woods>R11s woods

partytime2.gif

Has anyone tried the R11s with the Ozick HD6 shaft?

Last Friday was fitted for whole bag by taylormade and was fitted for the HD6 in the r11s tp. To me had the most pop off the face, compared to the Kai'li, with just a touch more spin but similar launch angles. Gained about 15 yards carry with the HD6 set up compared to my old vr pro fubuki alpha x. Hope this helps.

Greetings. I have the r11s 10.5 with a TP6HD shaft, and it's a ridiculous combo. I just laugh when i hit it. I'm carrying it on avg 20-25yds further, and getting such a tight ball flight. I'm coming off a g15 (with same shaft), so i have a pretty simple question that I feel can be answered here. Can someone explain to me the 3 upright shaft settings in the R11s? I just want to know what all my options are. Thanks ahead of time.

Perhaps it's been discussed before but I hit the RBZ Tour with Xcon6 stiff shaft and results were mostly 240'ish yards carry w/ 3,300-3,600rpm spin rate and about a 14 degree launch angle. My SS is around 100-103mph...would it benefit me to try the HD6 shaft as well? The shop didn't have one present or else I would've already tested it. Thanks in advance.

Hit the R11s (9* Aldila Phenom), RBZ (9.5* - Xcon-5) and RBZ Tour(9* Xcon-6) side by side today in my local Golf Town simulator. Just for giggles I also hit the Callaway Razr Hawk(9.5*), Nike VR Pro str-8 fit (9.5) and my gamer - 2010 Japan version Round Machspeed forged (9.5*) str-8 fit with AD-Di 7s. All other shafts were the stock offering in S flex.

No technicals here, just: distance, feel/sound, forgiveness and accuracy

My driver SS average is 107. High 112, Low 101. Play off a 12 Handicap.

Hit 5 balls with each, in a random order so I was not tired and/or just warmed up....wanted to give all a fair shake:

Longest drive (total yds - carry+roll) was: My gamer (291 yds) achieved only once, a perfect flushed shot.

Longest consistent drive average (of 5 shots): RBZ 284 yds, all other drivers averaged +- 3 yds either side of 277 yds (next best was Callaway Razr Hawk, followed by my gamer)

Most accurate: R11s, dispersion of 11 yds or closer to the center line (all shots landed left - draw)

2nd most accurate - My gamer

Least accurate - RBZ Tour

Best feel/sound - R11s

2nd best for sound/feel - Callaway Razr hawk

Most forgiving - Subjective assessment - RBZ, by a large margin. Almost like I couldn't miss hit it. I did of course, but it is super forgiving (at least for me)

Least forgiving - RBZ Tour

Overall Ranking based on my level of satisfaction, R11s, RBZ, My gamer, Callaway Razr Hawk, Nike Vr Pro Str-8 fit, RBZ Tour

What would I buy: the R11s, and I think it would perform better for me with a fitted shaft - obviously.

Why?.....I will take shorter and more accurate, plus better sound/feel all day...(oh, it averaged 275 yds total distance as setup)

[quote name='hardxray' timestamp='1328226514' post='4200065']
Hit the R11s (9* Aldila Phenom), RBZ (9.5* - Xcon-5) and RBZ Tour(9* Xcon-6) side by side today in my local Golf Town simulator. Just for giggles I also hit the Callaway Razr Hawk(9.5*), Nike VR Pro str-8 fit (9.5) and my gamer - 2010 Japan version Round Machspeed forged (9.5*) str-8 fit with AD-Di 7s. All other shafts were the stock offering in S flex.

No technicals here, just: distance, feel/sound, forgiveness and accuracy

My driver SS average is 107. High 112, Low 101. Play off a 12 Handicap.

Hit 5 balls with each, in a random order so I was not tired and/or just warmed up....wanted to give all a fair shake:

Longest drive (total yds - carry+roll) was: My gamer (291 yds) achieved only once, a perfect flushed shot.

Longest consistent drive average (of 5 shots): RBZ 284 yds, all other drivers averaged +- 3 yds either side of 277 yds (next best was Callaway Razr Hawk, followed by my gamer)

Most accurate: R11s, dispersion of 11 yds or closer to the center line (all shots landed left - draw)

2nd most accurate - My gamer

Least accurate - RBZ Tour

Best feel/sound - R11s

2nd best for sound/feel - Callaway Razr hawk

Most forgiving - Subjective assessment - RBZ, by a large margin. Almost like I couldn't miss hit it. I did of course, but it is super forgiving (at least for me)

Least forgiving - RBZ Tour

Overall Ranking based on my level of satisfaction, R11s, RBZ, My gamer, Callaway Razr Hawk, Nike Vr Pro Str-8 fit, RBZ Tour

What would I buy: the R11s, and I think it would perform better for me with a fitted shaft - obviously.

Why?.....I will take shorter and more accurate, plus better sound/feel all day...(oh, it averaged 275 yds total distance as setup)
[/quote]

Awesome review. Short and to the point, something i fail at miserably on this site!

PING G5 - Aldila NV75S

TM MC 3-PW - DG S300
Scotty Cameron TEI3

Tried the R11s the other day...And I dislike white clubs, but....

SS is consistently 112-113

Same ball - TM Penta

Diablo octane Tour 9.5 Xstiff V2= 294 and 278 carry avg.

R11s 9 degree (set to lower and heavier weight on the toe) xStiff Rip Phenom = 315 and 295 carry on avg. And hit a couple over 325

Switched back to my Octane and smoked one all of 296. I AM SOLD!

• 2 weeks later...

for those using the r11s curiuos what adjustments would you make with weight, face, and lie for the following misses...

ss average 104-110
usually play ~10* loft

in to out path avg 5-9*

i am consistent on in to out but the face needs help closing a degree or two for it to draw back to center. i get a small draw but not back to center and my miss when i go all out is it fades. i don't feel comfortable with a big hook face driver. i know shaft flex can effect it. i also know i am not releasing the right hand over left as much as most people do but i don't want to feel like i need to manipulate my hands.

curiuos what setups you would recommend on weight, face, and lie angle that could get a ~ 2 degrees more face rotation relative to path with the exception of just closing the face 2* since don't l ike the way it looks or feels.

thanks.

Do we have any good numbers yet as to the overall percentage of RBZ heads in play on tour versus R11S heads?

Do we know who is playing what?

Might be interesting to catalog...

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1329678553' post='4324333']
I think R11S drivers played more on tour. It seems as if everyone is playing one out there.
[/quote]

I have heard that may change a bit. What I was told was the RBZ heads were not ready in quantity at the start of the season, and that are arriving on the van now. lets see what the next few weeks bring. I'm also wondering why there are a good amount of non tour model RBZ's being used over the tour version.

My guess would be that R11S is used on tour much more than the RBZ driver. The real story, as we know, with the RBZ us the three wood. From a retail perspective at least, after data from about 50 fittings, ball speeds are greater with the R11S than the RBZ driver. RBZ driver does satisfy another niche, in providing adjustability at the $300 price point.

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM10 54° D, 60° D, Mitsubishi MMT 80s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

[quote name='Asleep' timestamp='1329677623' post='4324263']
Do we have any good numbers yet as to the overall percentage of RBZ heads in play on tour versus R11S heads?

Do we know who is playing what?

Might be interesting to catalog...
[/quote]
Realistically it is too early to tell. What I mean is that many of the players are only playing their first or second event with them. Some likely haven't made what one might consider a "final" choice.
Personally I have both the R11s TP and the RBZ Tour. There are many considerarions to finding the best fit:
R11s--shaft choices, face angles, lie angles, loft adjustments, movable weight adjustments (more than moving the 10 and 1 gram screws, mine came loaded with 10g and 4g plus I have weights in every number from 1 thru 12 + 14 & 16 to play with), and swing weight. Then one has to consider; will the full shot setup also work for all shots needed for all conditions?
RBZ--Shaft choices, face angles, lie angles and loft adjustments and swing weight and standard or Tour head.
Often times they may play one or two rounds and then make some changes while playing under the gun. This isn't as simple as a day or two on a monitor or at the range. Reality is on the course. I know a monitor, indoors, has never worked for me.
It may take me a couple of weeks to figure out what is best. Both of mine came with Project X 6.5s, Fujikura has sent me several options to try in each also. And in consideration also is last years R11 which I hit very well.
So we may not know for a while how the tour acceptance settles out!

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

[quote name='dave s 316' timestamp='1329679082' post='4324367']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1329678553' post='4324333']
I think R11S drivers played more on tour. It seems as if everyone is playing one out there.
[/quote]

I have heard that may change a bit. What I was told was the RBZ heads were not ready in quantity at the start of the season, and that are arriving on the van now. lets see what the next few weeks bring. I'm also wondering why there are a good amount of non tour model RBZ's being used over the tour version.
[/quote]

Yeah I am being told the same thing. They werent on the Van until just a week or so ago.

It will be interesting to see how popular the RBZ will be on tour. The R11S is definitely 5 to 1 over the RBZ right now, maybe even more...

Will Peoples

Peoples.golf
The Peoples Clubs
Tour Stock Putters

very helpful reviews. So, I'm sold on the R11s, but my SS is around 95. with avg spin rate (haven't been on a monitor in a while). I always struggle between Stiff and Regular. I plan to buy the R11s this week, any recommendations on the shaft? Playing an R9 now. with Reg stock shaft. Hit it about 230/240 routinely (straight hitter), big hit for me is 260. Hcp is 9.
Appreciate anybody's input!

So I'm watching this brutally boring final round of the Northern Trust Open and I just saw this commercial with Justin Rose, Dustin Johnson, and Justin Leonard for the R11S.
And Rose has the nerve to say right to my face that he's playing a driver more tunable than R11. Even the graphic says he's getting 23 more yards.

So I'm wondering, Justin, when did you start wearing that cheesy hat?
And are the police looking for the guy that stole your new driver?
[attachment=1032763:rose.png]

Anything for a dollar I guess . I hate when sports stars sell themselves like that . Look at Phil or tiger try do constantly sell themselves( I know tiger went through a six month stint ) but here doesn't sell himself anymore and I believe the peotoype shoes are his genuine idea and not a way to make a buck

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @_aaron_wilson