Best Clubfitters in Twin City Area

venand

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several years ago I was fitted at Mereidian Golf with Andy Thompson. I thought they did a great job identifying which type of shaft, etc I needed, and they were very accurate. I didn't have any clubs made up there but their recommendations were excellent.

I believe it's now called "Totally Driven Golf".

Good luck and no affilation at all.

[quote name='Titclemiz' timestamp='1330184949' post='4373653']
Several years ago I was fitted at Mereidian Golf with Andy Thompson. I thought they did a great job identifying which type of shaft, etc I needed, and they were very accurate. I didn't have any clubs made up there but their recommendations were excellent.

I believe it's now called "Totally Driven Golf".

Good luck and no affilation at all.
[/quote]

I had a buddy look into totally driven, but said they were spendy. I'll have to check them out myself. Thanks for the redo.

I have my clubs done by Joe at Joe's Custom Clubs in Columbia Heights. A link to his info:

http://www.clubmakersguild.com/index.php/member-directory?catid=7&start=104

Joe's Custom Clubs
4457 2nd St NE
Columbia Heights, MN 55421
763-234-2223
[email protected]

I wouldn't call his work "cheap" but no true custom-clubfitting is.

Joe does everything. He has a new Flightscope X2 set up, does MOI matching, custom fit/bend putters, everything. And he's a great guy and quite flexible schedule-wise from my dealings with him.

Drive the extra 45-60 mi and go see Chad Seim in at Territory in St. Cloud. Guy worked on the Cleveland Tour van for years and worked with Vijay and the likes. Unreal fitting. So much better than your standard lie board crap. Lie boards always put me at 1.5-3* upright. Could never figure out why everytime I hit the ball purely, I hit a 30 yard hook. He fit me by sight, sound, and ball flight, bent my clubs to 2* flat and I was hitting a very small cut, which my swing is built for. If only I would have figured it out or found someone like this 10 years ago...

Biggest change you'll notice is in the short clubs. It's unreal what properly fit short irons and wedges will do for your game. Incredible stuff. PM me and I'll give you his info! I'm sure you'll get a great deal.

I got fit at Totally Driven. Awesome decision. I did not think it was all that spendy at all if you purchase the clubs through them. They have all the top of the line launch monitors (Flightscope) and tons and tons of different heads and shafts. They do not rush you at all, they have you keep hitting until you find the perfect fit for your game. I only got fit for my woods while i was there but with the purchase of the clubs I only paid an additional $63 for the fitting. With the amount of time I spend there it was well worth the deal. I am still looking forward to going back in the near future for an iron fitting. I highly suggest getting fit at Totally Driven

Well, here goes!

I personally run a hobby/side business shop in Maple Grove. I have had a few WRX'rs have their stuff done by me. I have also had some professional athletes use me by referral and I could provide their (the WRXr'S) info if you want references.

Here's the deal: I run it out of my home. I have all the building equipment and enough fitting equipment to get a solid job done without the high cost. I do a lot of fitting based on sight and sound as well.

I can blueprint, progressive swing-weight, spine, etc....

Best of all, I don't do this for a living and as a result I have no real need to charge a fortune for top notch work.

Thanks!

Brent

That's shameless, blades!

But seriously, Gotblades fit my last set and I won't go anywhere else again. I haven't price shopped around, but in my more recent, formidable golfing years, I've bought my clubs used on here, which seems to make it a bit more challenging to go to a big-box to get the work done. If they do it at all, they're going to charge an arm and a leg for it. Totally Driven certainly gets all the praise locally, but frankly I don't have the budget for it, and I'm not buying new.

I went to Brent on the recommendation of another WRX'er, completely unsure of what I was walking into. He started off by being completely transparent over email, giving me exact prices before I even showed up. That's a big deal to me because of my budget, I didn't want to be surprised by anything! Brent was super easy to talk to, he didn't care that my handicap was a third of the way to triple digits, he did great work, he got it back to me fast, and didn't charge me a fortune. On my MP33's, he did the full get-up: blueprinting, shaft extensions, spine align, new grips, etc and had it not been for the Easter weekend, he would've had them back to me within about three days. He got into much further detail than Golfsmith when they fit my last set, and he did it for much cheaper. He even did his best at grinding out a sizable nibble out of the sole of my 6-iron. He didn't make it disappear, but I left knowing it wasn't going to screw up my play.

Heck, I've sent him half a dozen emails over the last year asking his thoughts on BST purchases, driver reviews, etc, and he hasn't chased me off with a shotgun yet! I don't know how he feels about it, but I consider him a friend now, and that's huge when I'm trusting dollars to someone who I'm asking to help improve my hobby.

Long story less long, don't hesitate to PM myself or Gotblades to get more details or a more detailed reference (HA!)

Paul

Callaway Mavrik 10.5* | Fujikura Ventus Velocore Red 5S

Callaway Mavrik 5W 18* | Project X Evenflow Riptide 60 6.0

Callaway Mavrik 4H 20* | Fujikura Vista Pro 55 Regular

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW | Dynamic Gold 105 S300 (+1", 1* up)

Mizuno T22 49* | Dynamic Gold 105 S300 (+1", 1* up)

Mizuno T22 54* and 59* | Dynamic Gold 120 S300 (+1", 1* up)

Bettinardi 2017 SS28 Armlock, cut down to 37" | Rosemark 1.52 NEO Stealth Tour Grip

[quote name='Gotblades' timestamp='1331153434' post='4456919']
Well, here goes!

I personally run a hobby/side business shop in Maple Grove. I have had a few WRX'rs have their stuff done by me. I have also had some professional athletes use me by referral and I could provide their (the WRXr'S) info if you want references.

Here's the deal: I run it out of my home. I have all the building equipment and enough fitting equipment to get a solid job done without the high cost. I do a lot of fitting based on sight and sound as well.

Best of all, I don't do this for a living and as a result I have no real need to charge a fortune for top notch work.

Thanks!

Brent
[/quote]

This ^

I would highly recommend Stinky's Golf Shop to anyone in the area. VERY reasonable pricing, quality work, and Brent pays specific attention to what is best for [b]YOU[/b] as the customer. As he mentioned, he does it as a hobby so making sure things are done properly is his top priority. There's something to be said for getting satisfaction out of doing quality work, and this is a prime example of just that. Can't say enough good things! Try him out and I bet you'll be going back...

3rd vote for Brent(Gotblades)

I was the WRXer who put Paul in contact with Brent after responding to a fairly similar post a year or so ago.

Brent is excellent and does a fantastic, thorough job. Due to the awesome, detailed descriptions that Paul and Winn provided, I don't know what more to say.

I guess I will say this, at the very least, drop him a line and let him earn your business. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Good luck,

Ryan

[quote name='SwagginAP2' timestamp='1331173356' post='4458799']
3rd vote for Brent(Gotblades)

I was the WRXer who put Paul in contact with Brent after responding to a fairly similar post a year or so ago.

Brent is excellent and does a fantastic, thorough job. Due to the awesome, detailed descriptions that Paul and Winn provided, I don't know what more to say.

I guess I will say this, at the very least, drop him a line and let him earn your business. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Good luck,

Ryan
[/quote]

Thanks Ryan!

Your Titleists were fun to build!

Well, here goes!

Thanks!

Brent

This ^

I would highly recommend Stinky's Golf Shop to anyone in the area. VERY reasonable pricing, quality work, and Brent pays specific attention to what is best for YOU as the customer. As he mentioned, he does it as a hobby so making sure things are done properly is his top priority. There's something to be said for getting satisfaction out of doing quality work, and this is a prime example of just that. Can't say enough good things! Try him out and I bet you'll be going back...

Here goes another vote on how good of work Brent does.... As said by a few others before, Brent does very quality work at a better price that you will find at the big stores. I have had a few sets of irons built by him and wont go anywhere else now. As a matter of fact I will be going over to his shop this weekend to get everything all tuned up for the season along with a fellow wrx'er so he can get almost a entire bag built. If your looking for quality work shoot him a PM and I am sure you will have a new club builder you can trust....And he might even go out and hack a few into the woods with you...friends.gif

Taylormade R1 10.5*
Callaway X Hot 15*
Adams Speedline VST 18*
Bridgestone J40 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 50,54,60*
Odyssey Metal X #6 35"

Well, here goes!

Thanks!

Brent

This ^

I would highly recommend Stinky's Golf Shop to anyone in the area. VERY reasonable pricing, quality work, and Brent pays specific attention to what is best for YOU as the customer. As he mentioned, he does it as a hobby so making sure things are done properly is his top priority. There's something to be said for getting satisfaction out of doing quality work, and this is a prime example of just that. Can't say enough good things! Try him out and I bet you'll be going back...

Here goes another vote on how good of work Brent does.... As said by a few others before, Brent does very quality work at a better price that you will find at the big stores. I have had a few sets of irons built by him and wont go anywhere else now. As a matter of fact I will be going over to his shop this weekend to get everything all tuned up for the season along with a fellow wrx'er so he can get almost a entire bag built. If your looking for quality work shoot him a PM and I am sure you will have a new club builder you can trust....And he might even go out and hack a few into the woods with you...friends.gif

Sack! You're da man!!!