2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Country Club type service?

[quote name='oneunderbogey' timestamp='1331766187' post='4509163']
[quote name='Thrillhouse' timestamp='1331763214' post='4508847']
[quote name='jnier75' timestamp='1331730538' post='4505287']
The job was to clean the cart of sand and grass and make sure the cart is charged. When someone leaves 2 cups, candy bar wrappers, 3 sleeves of balls, the box of food from the turn and cigar casings strewn about in the cart that's going above and beyond cleaning up for that person.

[/quote]

I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree on that one.
[/quote]

Really you think it is the cart attendants job to clean your trash out of the cart? Just throw your trash in the trash cans on the course or at the clubhouse, it is not that hard. [b]You are probably the type of person who thinks its okay to throw trash on the ground in a building with a janitor because they are there to clean it up.[/b]
[/quote]

LOL, easy killer.

And yes, its part of the cart attendants job. I love how this is turning into an argument again. So ridiculous.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cart attendants represent the course/club. Its their job to keep "all" carts clean, including trash from the previous users. They should do so without attitude or their hands out too. I never use bag drops or attendants of any kind. I also clean my clubs as I play, so don't need or want their superficial services, and won't pay. At some courses attendants wait till you're on the 18 green and then rush to your cart and start wiping away. When that happens I holler, I care for them during play. If he/she ignores me and persists, fine; they just better not expect a tip.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX 6.0 Wedge 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x, ProV1x or AVX

I am afraid that I might encounter this type of unwanted "service" being forced upon me on some of the courses in the Palm Springs area and Scottsdale area on my upcoming visit to the US. Being from Europe, I am not used to this sort of thing and I really don't need it either. It is good to know that you can avoid it by just saying "I'm good."
Actually I wonder, what sort of person really wants this and why. I was a very surprised to read a bad review of one course on greenskeeper, in which the reviewer gave the course a low rating overall, although the course, according to him, was in perfect condition, he liked the layout, but he was not satisfied with the service, because he was not greeted right away, when he left his car, but on the steps of the clubhouse, and nobody would take his bag before that either. I mean, who comes up with ideas like that? This would suit the way of thinking of European nobility in the 17th century, but certainly not that of citizens of a country whose founding fathers came up with the second sentence of the Declaration of Independence.

I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.

[quote name='tElihu' timestamp='1331742132' post='4506399']
Regarding club cleaning, my pov is pretty much that of the OP. My solution is to hand them a buck and say "I'm good". I consider it a "cart attendant 'shooing' charge".

But I always clean up after myself and throw away all of my trash from the cart. IMO if you leave the cart a mess, you owe the attendant something for cleaning up after you, whether they wipe your clubs down or not.
[/quote]

+1

After paying $100 to play a round of golf i'm supposed to pay some goofball kid just to leave me alone AND I can't leave a styrofoam cup and an empty sleeve of balls in a cart for him to throw out?

I always knew these kids thought it was their job to stand around doing nothing and looking pretty, I just didn't think so many of their customers agreed with them.

[quote name='Thrillhouse' timestamp='1331837772' post='4514329']
After paying $100 to play a round of golf i'm supposed to pay some goofball kid just to leave me alone AND I can't leave a styrofoam cup and an empty sleeve of balls in a cart for him to throw out?

I always knew these kids thought it was their job to stand around doing nothing and looking pretty, I just didn't think so many of their customers agreed with them.
[/quote]

Exactly. It shouldn't cost anyone $3-5 to arrive for their tee time. Nor should it cost anyone $3-5 when they're done.

I realize that some clubs are trying to appear that they are that Country Club Experience without the CC price. In fact I think I've seen that said on many websites. I think what can make or break this being such a nuisance is how the employees act towards you. I know the course I worked at was a public course, but we had a lot of groups or special outings that would come in. Whenever we need to perform these types of services, I would always try to just chat up the person and make them feel welcome, perform my work and wish them good luck for the day and continue on. I would never stand there with my hand out looking for a tip. As a paying customer that would drive me NUTS. I would see that service as part of the experience and my tipping would depend on my mood and how the employee treated me.

It's sad to see both sides of this actually. That some people expect this level of service and when they don't receive it they throw a huge fit. And also that some employees expect to get tipped and will stand there with there hand out, which I see as extremely rude. I've never been to a restaurant and had a server stand at our table with their hand out waiting for the tip.

[quote name='avrag' timestamp='1331834929' post='4514077']
I am afraid that I might encounter this type of unwanted "service" being forced upon me on some of the courses in the Palm Springs area and Scottsdale area on my upcoming visit to the US. Being from Europe, I am not used to this sort of thing and I really don't need it either. It is good to know that you can avoid it by just saying "I'm good."
Actually I wonder, what sort of person really wants this and why. I was a very surprised to read a bad review of one course on greenskeeper, in which the reviewer gave the course a low rating overall, although the course, according to him, was in perfect condition, he liked the layout, but he was not satisfied with the service, because he was not greeted right away, when he left his car, but on the steps of the clubhouse, and nobody would take his bag before that either. I mean, who comes up with ideas like that? This would suit the way of thinking of European nobility in the 17th century, but certainly not that of citizens of a country whose founding fathers came up with the second sentence of the Declaration of Independence.
[/quote]

I hate to say it, but there are way too many decadent (lazy) Americans with no real money... and those same people are not candidates for walking 18 either. They, for some reason, think someone grabbing their bag at a bag drop and being waited on makes them feel as though they are getting their monies worth and / or it makes them feel important some how. Its silly for sure, but its there choice.

What I don't see is the relevance of the second sentence of the Dof I.

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey

[/quote]

I think you've generalized a bit too much here. There's a level of common sense that needs to come into play. If you leave a coffee cup and/or an empty sleeve of balls in the cart, I don't think that's a big deal and you "owe" them nothing. But if you completely trash the cart, I think you could be a little considerate to those who have to clean after your mess. They're paid to be cart attendants, not janitors.

Also, I don't think anyone here is saying you are required to pay them to leave you alone. It's a tip, and it's up to the discretion of the person giving it. Personally I do it because it is MY choice.(yes, I know you didn't quote me, but I am guilty of the act that you seem to find egregious).

But to me it's interesting that after spending $100 on a round of golf, that $1 all of a sudden makes the overall cost exorbitant.

[quote name='greglarson2' timestamp='1331844597' post='4514995']
I realize that some clubs are trying to appear that they are that Country Club Experience without the CC price. In fact I think I've seen that said on many websites. I think what can make or break this being such a nuisance is how the employees act towards you. I know the course I worked at was a public course, but we had a lot of groups or special outings that would come in. Whenever we need to perform these types of services, I would always try to just chat up the person and make them feel welcome, perform my work and wish them good luck for the day and continue on. I would never stand there with my hand out looking for a tip. As a paying customer that would drive me NUTS. I would see that service as part of the experience and my tipping would depend on my mood and how the employee treated me.

It's sad to see both sides of this actually. That some people expect this level of service and when they don't receive it they throw a huge fit. And also that some employees expect to get tipped and will stand there with there hand out, which I see as extremely rude. I've never been to a restaurant and had a server stand at our table with their hand out waiting for the tip.
[/quote]

Well said.

[quote name='tElihu' timestamp='1331902184' post='4518757']

[/quote]

I think you've generalized a bit too much here. There's a level of common sense that needs to come into play. If you leave a coffee cup and/or an empty sleeve of balls in the cart, I don't think that's a big deal and you "owe" them nothing. But if you completely trash the cart, I think you could be a little considerate to those who have to clean after your mess. They're paid to be cart attendants, not janitors.

Also, I don't think anyone here is saying you are required to pay them to leave you alone. It's a tip, and it's up to the discretion of the person giving it. Personally I do it because it is MY choice.(yes, I know you didn't quote me, but I am guilty of the act that you seem to find egregious).

But to me it's interesting that after spending $100 on a round of golf, that $1 all of a sudden makes the overall cost exorbitant.
[/quote]

You have to be theorizing based upon your view. If I were you, I'd talk to club management about what's expected of cart attendants. I was on the member board of a corporate owned club and the board of equity club and intermittently play with Club General managers. At my last two clubs, part of the attendants job was to keep all the carts clean, that includes trash after every use, plus insure the battery is charged. They normally take turns with club attendants working the bag drop and cleaning clubs when golfers walk off 18 is typically reserved for upscale clubs. They are paid a minimum salary - tips are optional.

Whether someone willingly puts their trash in a can is optional. No different from movie theater attendants that clean up after patrons watched a movie. IMO - Tipping Is egregious when someone, out of social guilt, tips, for a service or job they either didn't request or was poor service. Like tipping a server for poor service at a restaurant... they don't deserve a tip. If more people would not tip for poor service some of the lazy entitlement minds might get the idea their work is unsatisfactory, and improve. Take the guy that wipes down the car after a car wash; it has to be done. We car owners don't get an opportunity to say, don't need it. If someone doesn't need it, they use the drive through car wash at the gas station. If the car attendant does a poor job, he gets nothing from me, if he does an exemplary job, he gets more.

To an extent, you prove my point in your last sentence suggesting "expectation". Just because someone spends 100 or 300 on a rd of golf, doesn't suggest they should tip, much less for poor service, or tip for unwanted services. In fact, doing suggests poor fiscal judgment. I drive expensive cars - because I can afford them doesn't mean I should throw money around to undeserving workers.
As a related note, in SOCA I watch people tip for things they shouldn't tip for, and many tip way too much. :) I watched a bartender tip 30% over an above for a simple haircut. Its these types of people that have moderate incomes, and many are struggling due to the economy. I've got it to burn" poor judgment, so lets give it away - that line of thinking overlaps into other areas of their life too. Its not $1 or 2... its much more many times per year. Typically, those same people have no savings, and own nothing; makes no prudent sense.

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey

[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1331924844' post='4520691']As a related note, in SOCA I watch people tip for things they shouldn't tip for, and many tip way too much. :) I watched a bartender tip 30% over an above for a simple haircut. Its these types of people that have moderate incomes, and many are struggling due to the economy. I've got it to burn" poor judgment, so lets give it away - that line of thinking overlaps into other areas of their life too. Its not $1 or 2... its much more many times per year. Typically, those same people have no savings, and own nothing; makes no prudent sense.[/quote]
Mr. Burns, is that you?

[/quote]

i didnt quote you because i was trying not to pick on you, what you said just gave me a thought i figured id share with the world.

i dont understand this cleaning the cart business. whether its a coffee cup or a bunch of trash the cart attendant is paid to do a job and part of that job is to clean out the carts for the next person to use. if the facility would knock ten bucks off my greens fee in exchange for me cleaning out the cart instead of using a portion of my greens fee to pay someone to do it i would gladly take that offer. as it is i am paying an inflated greens fee to pay the salary of the cart attendants and he or she can damn well work for his or her money just like everyone else. the same thing goes for movie theatres, after paying 15 bucks to see a movie you can pay someone to clean up afterwards, the idea of paying a premium for something and then being saddled with the implication that i am to do the work of a low level employee on top of paying that premium is complete lunacy.

as far as your tipping habits its your money and you are free to do with it as you choose.

finally, this is interesting:

"But to me it's interesting that after spending $100 on a round of golf, that $1 all of a sudden makes the overall cost exorbitant."

Just because I can afford to pay a hundred, or two hundred, or three hundred (yes, I have paid three hundred dollars for a round of golf on several occasions) dollars on a round of golf does not mean that I have so little respect for money that ill go throwing it around to any tom dick and harry with his hand out. This is something you hear all the time out of people in the service industry, that "so and so is rich but he is a cheap tipper". Where does this implication that because someone has money they are obligated to hand it out to anyone who wants it come from? I don't understand it at all. And while we are on the subject, I support the charities I choose to support, and I would much rather give that dollar to support college scholarships for disadvantaged kids, or to support the humane society, or to support cancer research. I have a certain amount of capital that I am willing to give away, and I would much rather give it to a worthy cause than hand it to some entitled 19 year old cart attendant so he can go buy pot.

I like courses that offer the services - it's a nice amenity if you want to use it. If you don't - a simple "No thank you - I'm ok" is something I've used for 15 years at all types of private and public courses - no issues.

But if you want to use the services - TIP THEM as long as they do a decent job.

But the guys here who think it's "part of the green's fee" or that the service should be included - are bums. Sure the kids will still do it in many cases even without a tip. But they are teenagers. They should not be put into the position of having to set an the example for adults; adults should be setting a better example for them.

And I'm almost 50. :)

[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1331924844' post='4520691']

[/quote]

[/quote]

You have to be theorizing based upon your view. If I were you, I'd talk to club management about what's expected of cart attendants. I was on the member board of a corporate owned club and the board of equity club and intermittently play with Club General managers. At my last two clubs, part of the attendants job was to keep all the carts clean, that includes trash after every use, plus insure the battery is charged. They normally take turns with club attendants working the bag drop and cleaning clubs when golfers walk off 18 is typically reserved for upscale clubs. They are paid a minimum salary - tips are optional.

Whether someone willingly puts their trash in a can is optional. [b]No different from movie theater attendants that clean up after patrons watched a movie. [/b] IMO - Tipping Is egregious when someone, out of social guilt, tips, for a service or job they either didn't request or was poor service. Like tipping a server for poor service at a restaurant... they don't deserve a tip. If more people would not tip for poor service some of the lazy entitlement minds might get the idea their work is unsatisfactory, and improve. Take the guy that wipes down the car after a car wash; it has to be done. We car owners don't get an opportunity to say, don't need it. If someone doesn't need it, they use the drive through car wash at the gas station. If the car attendant does a poor job, he gets nothing from me, if he does an exemplary job, he gets more.

To an extent, you prove my point in your last sentence suggesting "expectation". Just because someone spends 100 or 300 on a rd of golf, doesn't suggest they should tip, much less for poor service, or tip for unwanted services. In fact, doing suggests poor fiscal judgment. I drive expensive cars - because I can afford them doesn't mean I should throw money around to undeserving workers.
As a related note, in SOCA I watch people tip for things they shouldn't tip for, and many tip way too much. :) I watched a bartender tip 30% over an above for a simple haircut. Its these types of people that have moderate incomes, and many are struggling due to the economy. I've got it to burn" poor judgment, so lets give it away - that line of thinking overlaps into other areas of their life too. Its not $1 or 2... its much more many times per year. Typically, those same people have no savings, and own nothing; makes no prudent sense.
[/quote]

Really??? This is what I disagree with. To me the movie theaters attendants job is to clean up after the natural use of the movie theater, some pieces of popcorn people dropped by mistake, the occasional split drink, ect. It is NOT the attendants job to clean up your trash, like empty cups, and empty bags of popcorn, you should be throwing that out in the trash can that is why the trash can is there. The cart attendants job is to clean up after the natural wear and tear on the carts like mud and grass. It is not the attendants job to throw out your trash like empty sleeves of balls, cigs, and your half eaten lunch. That is what the trash can is for.

It is funny how you talk about the people working for minimum wage or less as being entitled, when you sound like an entitled A** thinking people should be picking up after you. Oh and the reason you see a bartender tip well is because he understands what it is like to work in a service industry, something you sound like you have never done in a day in your life.

I worked as a cart attendant for over a year most of the tips I made went to playing golf. I have never smoked weed.

[quote name='wholeinwon ' timestamp='1332003889' post='4525041']

I find this even more interesting, you bash people in the service industry for generalizing that "rich people don't tip" yet you then generalize that every cart attendant you give $1 to will go buy pot with it.
[b]Those two points don't oppose each other.
[/b]

Where does the generalization come that every 19 year old cart kid smokes weed?
[b]An enormous number of them do. Often while working![/b]
[b]
[/b]I really don't see the big deal giving $1-$5 to a guy who cleans my clubs, brings my bag to the bag drop and shoots the s*** with me for a minute or two. I also usually don't pay for golf and am not part of the public so it's different.
[b]Good for you, I don't want the service, and I do pay for golf.[/b]

If you don't want the service you can say no or "don't worry about the clubs", but to have the kid clean your clubs, bring them to bag drop, etc. and then not tip is being cheap.
[b]You need to read peoples posts before you respond, my first post said I am in the "im good crowd", and multiple posts afterwards said the same thing. [/b]

Oh and also when someone leaves cigarette butts, old bandages, chewing tobacco, etc. in a cart I'd say to clean that s*** out is going over an above what a cart attendant is supposed to be doing...it's also disgusting.
[b]Fantastic, nobody mentioned old chewing tobacco and bandages, in fact I mentioned a cup and an empty ball sleeve, again, you're not reading.[/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='ChipDriver' timestamp='1332005653' post='4525155']
But the guys here who think it's "part of the green's fee" or that the service should be included - are bums.
[/quote]

Nobody is saying that the club wipe down service or the bag drop service should not be tipped for if it is used. In fact all anyone is saying about that is if you don't want it you say "im good" and move on. I am saying that part of the attendants job is to clean out the cart after use (which it is), and having someone around to clean out the carts after they are used is surely reflected in the greens fee.

I would expect that since you didn't read the posts you responded to before you called people "bums" that an apology is on its way.

[/quote]

Agreed, to a point.

I'm a member for a club, and rarely have a bunch of crap in my cart when I'm done. I have left ones trashed with beer cans, cups, ash trays full from cigars, empty sleeve wrappers, and all sorts of crap, but usually clean them out for the most part.

I don't think anything of it, and I'm at a club that doesn't tip. I will grab my card to turn in/trash, and my cup of ice or something and empty the cart as best I can in the trash near the the cart turn in, but usually think nothing of it.

For instance... I go visit my friend who lives on the coast. He's a member at a really nice club, but really laid back place. Limited resort play. Pull into the lot, and they have a guy bring a cart to your car if you didn't leave your clubs in the bag room. They seem to expect a tip, and usually get one. Finish the round, and they will clean your clubs ONLY if you turn them into the bag room. Same for shoes, want them cleaned, leave em for the locker room for the next round. Past that, you are free to carry them to your car, or leave them at the bag drop and have them loaded as you pull up. No awkward moments to ask for or decline service. Tips get paid for the right service and no one feels jaded or jip'd in the end.

I just don't understand this thing about if they didn't list something in the tasks they said you would perform when you took the job you shouldn't have to do it. Or that if something is frustrating and makes you go above and beyond the norm for no extra compensation then there is something wrong with it.

My first "real" job was selling insurance. When I took the job I was told that I was being paid to work 9-5 5 days a week. After taking the job I learned that I was expected to be at my desk with my computer on at 8:50am because they wanted us ready to go when the doors opened. I didn't get paid overtime for this and I didn't get to say "well that wasn't in the job description". When a customer came in at 4:50pm looking for a new policy (which was going to keep you there until well after 5) I didn't get to say "no way, im not doing it, it wasn't in the job description". I had to serve that customer. On top of all of this I took way more crap at that job than any cart kid is on a regular basis, I guarantee you that.

So yeah, I am a little lost on the whole "it wasn't in the job description" thing. It doesn't fly in the rest of the world so I don't see why it should fly for these kids. I agree that its frustrating when someone makes a mess out of a cart and you have to clean it up, just like it was frustrating when someone kept me after my "quitting time" to write their policy. I don't deny that they are being inconsiderate just like those people were being inconsiderate by demanding that I stay until well after closing to serve them, but it doesn't change the fact that sometimes in life you have to do things you don't want to do and sometimes in the workplace you have to do things that were not in the job description. Suck it up and quit your whining.

[quote name='wholeinwon ' timestamp='1332049505' post='4528483']
You argued about generalizing that all rich people don't tip, yet you generalized all cart attendants smoke weed...you bash someone for something yet turn around and do the exact same thing.

[b]I didn't bash them for generalizing, I bashed them for assuming that because someone has money they will automatically hand it to them for nothing, and I bashed them for being surprised when this doesn't happen.[/b]
[b]
[/b]
[b]I didn't say all cart attendants smoke weed, that being said a lot of[/b][b] cart attendants do smoke weed.[/b]

I've work in the industry for 10 years, not once have a seen a cart attendant smoking weed at work...not once at my facilities, or any of the hundreds of facilities I've visited.

[b]Yeah but you have heard about it haven't you? I bet you have a bunch of stories to tell about an employee getting fired for smoking up in his car before his shift or getting fired for sparking one by a dumpster. The reason why you haven't seen the act of smoking itself is because its an illegal act and people have to hide it but after 10 years in the industry you have run into some people who either like to smoke pot in their personal time or who like to get high before their shift, its that kind of job, 19 year olds not in school working a service job do that sort of thing, its just life. [/b]

I agree with you that cart attendants should go above and beyond as well, but I would draw the line at stuff like bandages, kleenex, cigarette butts, etc. I feel if you leave that crap in your cart that's just being rude...like if you were selling someone an insurance policy and they asked for a kleenex then threw it on your keyboard.
[b]Look I am sorry that happened to you (I agree, its gross, and yes, someone has left kleenex on my desk and one woman tried to hand me a kleenex after she blew her nose, I lifted up the wastebasket so she could throw it in herself), but the fact is that at jobs like that things like that are going to happen to you. Some people are just going to treat you like crap. For the record despite some of the baseless accusations that have been thrown at me by some in this thread I am not going to treat you guys like crap, i'm just going to continue parking my car myself and carrying my own bag, saying i'm good when someone comes at me with a wet rag, and while i'm not going to leave used condoms in the cart for you to clean up I am going to continue to leave empty gatorade bottles and empty sleeves of balls in there for someone to throw out. [/b]
[/quote]

I've also seen a teacher, a professor, a Nationwide Tour player, a stockbroker, a lawyer... all smoke weed away from their job. Does that mean I should stop supporting everything they do?

Nope, as far as I am concerned what they do with their money and their life is their choice, but if any of those people ask you to pay for their habit you should tell them to sod off.

I don't agree with it, I don't personally smoke weed, but I've seen all of the above people and more smoke.

Sure, I have heard of people like that smoking pot too, again, i'm not going to stop playing golf with them, I just don't smoke it myself.

Of course I have run into people who smoke it, deal it, provide it to other employees, etc. but that doesn't mean that only young people, or only people with little education, or only people in a certain industry.

Yeah I can't comment on the dealing part but i'm sure some people who I would assume would never do that are doing that.

Again I think you'd be shocked at the amount of people who actually smoke weed recreationally and the jobs they have.

Like you can see above, I am aware that they do it, it just doesn't change the fact that 19 year olds not in school working a service job while they have fun with life have a higher rate of use than other groups in society do.

I'm not a cart attendant, so that hasn't happened to me, but I have had cart attendants ask if I could politely ask a guest to remove some of those things from their cart, which they always have without problem. I think for the most part people aren't trying to be rude or gross but picking cigarette butts up with your hands isn't a job anyone should have.

Im sure the woman at my desk wasn't trying to be rude by handing me a tissue, she just didn't think anything of it. for the record it sounds like we agree on most of this at this point so no use arguing.

drinks.gif

[quote name='wholeinwon ' timestamp='1332074284' post='4528929']
[b][/b]

What!? Yet you get upset when a cart guy (who relies on tips when they make $5/hour with a "server's wage") will maybe use that money to buy marijuana? Why do you care so much what they do with that money?

What if your teaching pro smoked? Would you quit using him? What if your mailman smoked? Would you refuse getting mail? A lot of celebrities openly smoke marijuana, so I'm hoping you've never seen or paid for a lot of those movies, because you're feeding their habit.

Do you honestly think the majority of cart attendants are dope fiends who need that extra $2 so they can get marijuana? A lot of these guys go to school or have bills to pay, you really truly believe most of these guys are plain drug addicts needing those tips to feed their habit?

Do you also think all surfers are stoners? All homeless people are meth heads? And anyone making over $75,000/year is just immune to all of this?
[/quote]

pure jibberish. show me where i said any of those things.

[quote name='wholeinwon ' timestamp='1332104175' post='4530811']
You said this: "and I would much rather give it to a worthy cause than hand it to some entitled 19 year old cart attendant so he can go buy pot."

You said this: "I didn't say all cart attendants smoke weed, that being said a lot of cart attendants do smoke weed."

In my previous post you quoted that was the only thing I implied that you said, and there is your proof.

The rest was me asking about your hypocritical ways.
[/quote]

Interestingly enough in neither of those comments do I suggest that "all cart attendants smoke weed" as you repeatedly assert. Perhaps if you spent less time smoking up yourself your reading comprehension would be better.

[quote name='wholeinwon ' timestamp='1332105993' post='4530963']
I don't smoke weed but great attempt at a jab.

Why couldn't you answer my questions? You won't tip a cart guy because you think they are going to buy weed with it, yet will you go watch certain movies, buy certain products, etc.?
[/quote]

Oh I think you have been exposed for what you are, a cart attendant who likes to partake and is wildly offended that someone has called him out on it.

What questions would you like me to answer? I don't see any, all you have done in this thread is attempt to create a straw man that isn't there.

[quote name='wholeinwon ' timestamp='1332110239' post='4531485']

Not at all...I again don't smoke weed and am actually the guy who routinely checks you in, gives you lessons, etc.

All I want to know is if you are so against tipping these "kids" because you're so worried they are going to spend it on pot, do you also take that into account in everyday life?

For example, will you not go see a movie with a celebrity who has smoked pot because as you said yourself you don't want to support their habit.

be a complete hard headed a** hole though, gets you far.
[/quote]

I don't take lessons from stoner shop jocks who can't break 80 though.

I never said I was against tipping them for services performed, I said I am against them standing there with their hand out when they havent done anything to earn it, if we go back ten posts or so you agreed with me on that. The "spend it on pot" crack was more of a joke than anything (because so many of them do partake) that you are taking way overboard. For the record the only people reading this are you and me, so nobody else cares.

Like I said (multiple times) what someone does with the money they earn at their job is none of my business. Im just not going to tip some 19 year old for nothing so he can go blow it on weed.

LOL, look how mad you're getting just because someone doesn't agree with you! I love it when people who can't hold their own in a debate resort to name calling, so comical.

[quote name='wholeinwon ' timestamp='1332111408' post='4531647']
Pad that post count...you get a reward the more you post.
[b]I'm a pretty popular poster around here, a lot of people find me pretty funny, thanks for noticing![/b]

I'm not mad because you don't agree with me, I'm mad because you make generalizations about people in my industry.
[b]Yeah, generalizatons that are true![/b]

Say it's comical for me to call you names yet you keep calling me a stoner...
[b]If you are not one then you are the most pro marijuana non smoker I have ever met. [/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='Thrillhouse' timestamp='1332111758' post='4531683']
[quote name='wholeinwon ' timestamp='1332111408' post='4531647']
Pad that post count...you get a reward the more you post.
[b]I'm a pretty popular poster around here, a lot of people find me pretty funny, thanks for noticing![/b]

I'm not mad because you don't agree with me, I'm mad because you make generalizations about people in my industry.
[b]Yeah, generalizatons that are true![/b]

Say it's comical for me to call you names yet you keep calling me a stoner...
[b]If you are not one then you are the most pro marijuana non smoker I have ever met. [/b]
[/quote]
[/quote]

:russian_roulette: