Callaway Razr Fit Tour Authentic Pics

scratchswinger

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm already so excited I came to the shop and slapped a Project X shaft I had laying around to dads old r9 supertri just to have something to keep me occupied. If I don't I'll go crazy!! Lol. The wait is gonna suck, but.. When I order my Pearl masters custom kit it was a 6-8 month min wait. Talk about climbing the walls. Lol

[quote name='Bangin' B' timestamp='1333252803' post='4622639']
I'm already so excited I came to the shop and slapped a Project X shaft I had laying around to dads old r9 supertri just to have something to keep me occupied. If I don't I'll go crazy!! Lol. The wait is gonna suck, but.. When I order my Pearl masters custom kit it was a 6-8 month min wait. Talk about climbing the walls. Lol
[/quote]

I hear you man! I have not played a Cally driver in well over 10 years. I think they hit a home run on these driver all the way around!

[quote name='mgilly200' timestamp='1333221766' post='4619931']
[quote name='jabrch' timestamp='1333076306' post='4610589']
[quote name='JoshRH' timestamp='1333067435' post='4609413']
Any other Razr fit owners feel like we got shafted? Literally, the stock shaft in the Fit is about as worthless and far from "stiff" as physically possible.
[/quote]

I thought that intially - but after hitting it, and comparing it to the Fubuki Tour 63, I think the Rip'd NV is a perfect FIT for the RAZR.
[/quote]

Same here, i really dont know how my numbers could get any better and it seems silly to change out the NV.
[/quote]

I shelled out the $100 to get the Fubuki Tour 63 from Cally and put it in. Indoors, on a simlator, I was not getting better performance. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in a few weeks when I am fully loose, outdoors, and wearing short sleeves...might then break out the Fubuki on the range to see another comparison.

Ping G30 Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 3 Wood
Callaway Xhot 3 and 4 Hybrid
Callaway XR 5-AW - Recoil 680 F4 shafts
Vokey 60 degree
STX Putter

does anyone know what the additional settings will be?
will they 'just' be face angle wise to fill the gaps (i.e. 1* open, 1.75 open etc) between the single cog settings?
Or will you also be able to lower or heighten the loft?

I know it will have 9 settings with the double cog ring which makes 4 settings each way plus the standard position. I don't think one would need that many positions between the standard and the 1.5 c and 2.5 o so I hope loft can be adjusted!!

Other than the face angle adjustability, weight kit and shaft........

Are there ANY other differences in this TA version?

I was so excited that I ordered one.....but having second thoughts. If there are no other differences, the TA will have a tough time competing with my RF AD-Di setup.

I'm sure its a great driver. I'd like to have some additional weights to play with for the sake of fine tuning, but really, I'm perfectly content with my Fit (much like I was perfectly content with my Cobra before it cracked). Obviously, we all like the idea of more options. But if you're an original Fit owner I don't think you should feel as though something is inferior about your driver...

Titleist TSR3 9* w/ GD UB-6 (S)
Titleist TSR2 15* & 21* w/ GD UB-7,8 (S)
Titleist u505 22* w/ Atmos Blue HB 85 (S)
Titleist T200/150 5-PW w/ Steelfiber i110 (S)
Vokey SM8 50*, 55*, 60* w/ S300
Scotty Cameron Toolbox

[quote name='PreppySlapCut' timestamp='1333281263' post='4623339']
I'm sure its a great driver. I'd like to have some additional weights to play with for the sake of fine tuning, but really, I'm perfectly content with my Fit (much like I was perfectly content with my Cobra before it cracked). Obviously, we all like the idea of more options. But if you're an original Fit owner I don't think you should feel as though something is inferior about your driver...
[/quote]

If I already had the Fit I would probably not buy this driver (especially if the Fit is working well)! I went ahead and held out for the TA and with the deal I got on Amazon I'm getting it delivered cheaper than most pair for the original Fit. I cannot wait to post a review on this bad boy!

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1333256095' post='4622837']
jabrch,

Are you going to buy the TA Editon?
[/quote]

I can't see it...If I had a ton of cash, I guess I might - but not right now. I love my Fit. The stock shaft is doing it for me. I'm hitting it better than ever. And due to work/kids/etc., I don't see getting to play as much as I have in the past. With that the case, I won't have time to sit at a range and really dial in more settings. I also don't need all the settings. I just need it closed - and the closed setting on the RF is good for me. Since the TA won't have a "more closed" option, I don't think the extra settings buy me much...so the question then becomes extra weights and the Project X. I don't need the shaft. I am OK with the stock Rip'd NV and I want to like the Fubuki Tour soon....

So no reason to spend the $ for the weights...can use lead tape or can wait until I can find a set of weights on the BST.

That said, the Amazon price is SICK. I need to stay away from this site to avoid dunken buying... :-)

Ping G30 Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 3 Wood
Vokey 60 degree
STX Putter

[quote name='jabrch' timestamp='1333289018' post='4623731']
jabrch,

[/quote]

I can't see it...If I had a ton of cash, I guess I might - but not right now. I love my Fit. The stock shaft is doing it for me. I'm hitting it better than ever. And due to work/kids/etc., I don't see getting to play as much as I have in the past. With that the case, I won't have time to sit at a range and really dial in more settings. I also don't need all the settings. I just need it closed - and the closed setting on the RF is good for me. Since the TA won't have a "more closed" option, I don't think the extra settings buy me much...so the question then becomes extra weights and the Project X. I don't need the shaft. I am OK with the stock Rip'd NV and I want to like the Fubuki Tour soon....

So no reason to spend the $ for the weights...can use lead tape or can wait until I can find a set of weights on the BST.

That said, the Amazon price is SICK. I need to stay away from this site to avoid dunken buying... :-)
[/quote]

I hear you man, don't fix something that is not broke. The only reason I pulled the trigger on one so early is because of the price amazon is selling it for. No brainer for me since I was planning on buying one anyways.

[quote name='tdk8180' timestamp='1333301609' post='4624517']
The price on amazon is too good. If you dont like it, you will probably be able to get rid of it for more than you paid. Low risk purchase in my opinion. Should buy two, more that I think about it
[/quote]

I thought about buying two but I don't want to get greedy. I was lucky to find this good deal thanks to another member so I will be content with that.

[quote name='Bangin' B' timestamp='1333330463' post='4627115']
Same here. I thought about 2, but I'll let everyone else get in on it. And my luck if I get 1 to sell it will flop in my face like everything I sell on eBay. I usually loose money. Lol
[/quote]

You and me both brother, you and me both. I hardly ever profit from eBay now days.

last time i sold something new on ebay... i lost $8.00 after shipping and paying ebay.. after that, i decided id just bury it in the backyard as to take a loss..lol

but on the upside, i played a round with the R9 SuperTri i put together last nite in the shop. got me jacked up for the TA Fit!!! i was all over the place untill i got the weighting right.. its on like donkey kong now!!! lol

[quote name='Bangin' B' timestamp='1333332425' post='4627345']
last time i sold something new on ebay... i lost $8.00 after shipping and paying ebay.. after that, i decided id just bury it in the backyard as to take a loss..lol

but on the upside, i played a round with the R9 SuperTri i put together last nite in the shop. got me jacked up for the TA Fit!!! i was all over the place untill i got the weighting right.. its on like donkey kong now!!! lol
[/quote]

Nice! I have never played with the project X black but I'm looking forward to seeing what it is all about. I'm super stoked too, can't wait for it to arrive...

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1333332725' post='4627373']
[quote name='Bangin' B' timestamp='1333332425' post='4627345']

[/quote]

Nice! I have never played with the project X black but I'm looking forward to seeing what it is all about. I'm super stoked too, can't wait for it to arrive...
[/quote]

forget PX black.. I have a Speeder Motore 6.2 TS.. waiting for it..

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

I am waiting on my Razr Fit with a Project X 6.5 to come in the mail right now... Seriously a little mad about the tip thing. That was the only thing I did not like about the Razr Fit and they fix it right after I ordered the dam thing. Maybe I can get it aftermarket. If that price is right on amazon I will really feel like I got screwed too because of the price I paid for basically the same club

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1333299393' post='4624391']
[quote name='jabrch' timestamp='1333289018' post='4623731']
jabrch,

[/quote]

[/quote]

I hear you man, don't fix something that is not broke. The only reason I pulled the trigger on one so early is because of the price amazon is selling it for. No brainer for me since I was planning on buying one anyways.
[/quote]

If I didn't have/love the Fit, I'd definitely do it...If I would be able to close it MORE than the Fit, I'd consider it. If I didn't already buy a Fubuki Tour, I'd try it. Just not a need right now - and I'm trying to avoid spending too much cash on non-needs... (that's of course a relative term - no golf spend is a NEED)

That's a steal for anyone who gets it....if I didn't have my Razr Fit, I'd be all over it.

Ping G30 Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 3 Wood
Vokey 60 degree
STX Putter

[quote name='Turbosnake' timestamp='1333395261' post='4631993']
Yeah Amazon took down the Razr Fit TA .... you can't buy it from them now... either that or they sold out of them
[/quote]

Interesting. I have not received an email from them confirming a mistake in the listing. Hopefully they just sold out of them.