2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Bad back = eBay golf addiction = sweet miuras and tons of clubs

Tenngolfer

Hopefully I will get to try them if the wife doesn't kill me first
I reached that wonderful point in fatherhood where my six year old son is asking to go play golf and seems to like the game. I used to play golf religiously but college and work turned me into a once or twice a year golfer.

Over joyed...I returned to the game with a renewed vigor..... Practicing with a sore back led to barely being able to walk for three weeks... Thus my decent into eBay madness.

I have played with hogan apex 50s since they were released. Ah, seemed like such a good time to upgrade being unable to play and all :-).

First it was a new sky caddie, after a week long debate I planned to order mp59s and shaft them with ctapers... Oh how i wanted miura blades, but couldnt make myself pull the trigger... Ordered the ctapers... Had trouble ordering the mizunos because my bank hates overseas transactions.... Good ole eBay came thru... The shafts are here, still waiting on my mizzies to arrive.

This weekend... After reading the staggering amount of love for the chikaras, order a v1 wedge on eBay. Saturday night, drunk, ordered a miura km350...

Oh then the golf gods decided to bless me... Or the evil eBay monster knew what I wanted.... Today While taking a break from yard work... I decide to chck my purchases for updates on my phone... Somehow, still not sure how, eBay searched for things miura golf based on my previous searches....

There they were, miura limited forge black blades, probably 9 out of 10 condition with project x shafts in my flex. Of course I am thinking no more, oh but wait, They had a low starting bid point, and even better, the seller misspelled miura so there were 0 bids....

Of course I bought them.

Not sure what to tell the wife when my 2500 in golf equipment comes this week :-D I guess I will unload one set. Or maybe she will just bury it with me in my casket... I will die happy :-D

If you read all of this long tedious post, remember kiddies, stay the &@&@ off EBay!!!!!! It will get you killed or neutered!!! Also, i spent a princely sum avoiding what i should have done all along, just buying the miuras!!!

Ps- forgive the typos and punctuation... Hard to type on my phone lol. Thanks for reading about my wallet's demise :-)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Swisstrader98' timestamp='1335785258' post='4813998']
Sounds like my bag, at least with the chikara wedges and the Miura 350 putter...nice start! Now get yourself a JDM driver and you'll be all set
[/quote]

I have a taylormade R11 that i absolutely love.. how are the JDMs? I love my R11 so much that i will have to kick it out of bed when the miuras arrive.

[quote name='Tenngolfer' timestamp='1335788166' post='4814130']
Sounds like my bag, at least with the chikara wedges and the Miura 350 putter...nice start! Now get yourself a JDM driver and you'll be all set
[/quote]

I have a taylormade R11 that i absolutely love.. how are the JDMs? I love my R11 so much that i will have to kick it out of bed when the miuras arrive.
[/quote]
JDM means Japanese Domestic Market:) Brands like Ryoma, Epon, etc

[quote name='Tenngolfer' timestamp='1335793748' post='4814488']
I know you can buy "hotter" drives with a higher COR from Japan.. but are the drivers that are legal for tourney play in the US actually better than the ones here? or is it more of a personal preference thing?
[/quote]
There are probably just as many non conforming drivers in the US as there are in Japan and while many if not most of the Japanese manufacturers do sell non-conforming, all the major manufacturers focus on legal heads which are legal for play as determined by the USGA and the R&A.

Big difference for me is that Japanese forged drivers are MUCH better quality than their US counterparts, but you will pay for that difference

I know you can buy "hotter" drives with a higher COR from Japan.. but are the drivers that are legal for tourney play in the US actually better than the ones here? or is it more of a personal preference thing?
[/quote]
it's not a distance thing when talking about jdm drivers. but if you understand the difference in quality and can feel the difference in forging between miuras and usdm products then you'll greatly appreciate moving up to a jdm driver.

[quote name='chiromikey' timestamp='1335803047' post='4815486']
[/quote]
it's not a distance thing when talking about jdm drivers. but if you understand the difference in quality and can feel the difference in forging between miuras and usdm products then you'll greatly appreciate moving up to a jdm driver.
[/quote]

I guess i better start looking lol... my miuras will be here on Wednesday.. i am impatiently counting it down ;-)

[quote name='Tenngolfer' timestamp='1335754362' post='4813054']
I reached that wonderful point in fatherhood where my six year old son is asking to go play golf and seems to like the game. I used to play golf religiously but college and work turned me into a once or twice a year golfer.

Over joyed...I returned to the game with a renewed vigor..... Practicing with a sore back led to barely being able to walk for three weeks... Thus my decent into eBay madness.

I have played with hogan apex 50s since they were released. Ah, seemed like such a good time to upgrade being unable to play and all :-).

First it was a new sky caddie, after a week long debate I planned to order mp59s and shaft them with ctapers... Oh how i wanted miura blades, but couldnt make myself pull the trigger... Ordered the ctapers... Had trouble ordering the mizunos because my bank hates overseas transactions.... Good ole eBay came thru... The shafts are here, still waiting on my mizzies to arrive.

This weekend... After reading the staggering amount of love for the chikaras, order a v1 wedge on eBay. Saturday night, drunk, ordered a miura km350...

Oh then the golf gods decided to bless me... Or the evil eBay monster knew what I wanted.... Today While taking a break from yard work... I decide to chck my purchases for updates on my phone... Somehow, still not sure how, eBay searched for things miura golf based on my previous searches....

There they were, miura limited forge black blades, probably 9 out of 10 condition with project x shafts in my flex. Of course I am thinking no more, oh but wait, They had a low starting bid point, and even better, the seller misspelled miura so there were 0 bids....

Of course I bought them.

Not sure what to tell the wife when my 2500 in golf equipment comes this week :-D I guess I will unload one set. Or maybe she will just bury it with me in my casket... I will die happy :-D

If you read all of this long tedious post, remember kiddies, stay the &@&@ off EBay!!!!!! It will get you killed or neutered!!! Also, i spent a princely sum avoiding what i should have done all along, just buying the miuras!!!

Ps- forgive the typos and punctuation... Hard to type on my phone lol. Thanks for reading about my wallet's demise :-)
[/quote]

[quote name='conkara' timestamp='1335818442' post='4817620']
[quote name='Tenngolfer' timestamp='1335754362' post='4813054']

Of course I bought them.
!

[/quote]I have a set of brand new Yururi's listed for sale on ebay if you want to whore some more ;) Welcome to the club by the way !!
[/quote]

Wow! Great deal for the black Miuras! I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and It should take like 2-3 months to get to me. I been playing Miura blades for 3 years now and I love them. Im sure you will as well. Hit em good!

Driver: Cobra F9 8* KBS TD 70 Cat 4

Fairway: TM M6 18* KBS TD 80 Cat 4

Hybrid: Nike VR Pro 24* KBS 105S Proto

Irons: Wilson Blades 5-PW KBS Tour 120

Wedges: Wilson ZM 52* 56* Hi Toe 60*

Putter: Ping PLD Anser Matte Black 

Golf Ball: Maxfli Tour X or Wilson Staff 

So ... I'm dying here. What did the wife say when you showed her the bills for your golf craze?

BTW, I did the same thing except worse with Rolex watches. It wasn't pretty, but as the Rolex salesperson in Heathrow Airport told me, "how long can she be mad anyway?"

[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][url="https://www.usna.edu/homepage.php"]Go Navy![/url]

[b][u]WITB[/u][/b]
Titleist 915 D4 8.5 Oban V430 6.5 75g
Titleist 915 F2 15 Rogue Silver 80S
Titleist VG3 18.5 JDM PX 6.0
Titleist 680 raw 4-PW Nippon MODUS 125S
Titleist TVD raw C-C 53 and Indigo SM5 58 DGTI
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach 340g 35"
Scotty Cameron MilSpec Gen2 330g 35"[/font][/size]

[quote name='Titleist-Golfer' timestamp='1335832078' post='4819590']
So ... I'm dying here. What did the wife say when you showed her the bills for your golf craze?

BTW, I did the same thing except worse with Rolex watches. It wasn't pretty, but as the Rolex salesperson in Heathrow Airport told me, "how long can she be mad anyway?"
[/quote]

Oh the saga is still unfolding :-). Right now she only knows about the brand new mp 59 mizunos :-)

However, I own my own business and she helps out at the office. So about Wednesday she will be calling to tell me I need a bigger car for all of my packages that arrived that day :-). Sort of like Roy Scheider in Jaws when he says we're gonna need a bigger boat lol...

Like I said, the miuras may fit just inside my casket...

If you want I will try to pst some pics of them before my fingers and debit card are all broken

I am glad to hear the watches didn't get you killed. Usually I can smuggle things in... She will notice the small arsenal of clubs when they arrive

[quote name='Tenngolfer' timestamp='1335833429' post='4819814']

[/quote]

Oh the saga is still unfolding :-). Right now she only knows about the brand new mp 59 mizunos :-)

However, I own my own business and she helps out at the office. So about Wednesday she will be calling to tell me I need a bigger car for all of my packages that arrived that day :-). Sort of like Roy Scheider in Jaws when he says we're gonna need a bigger boat lol...

If you want I will try to pst some pics of them before my fingers and debit card are all broken

I am glad to hear the watches didn't get you killed. Usually I can smuggle things in... She will notice the small arsenal of clubs when they arrive
[/quote]

Yep, for me it was the over $10k credit card bill that tripped me up, even before my plane touched down on US soil (I was dead). Then I couldn't stop - another submariner ... another $8k. A Milgauss for my daughter's 21st birthday, another $6k. A SeaDweller for my wife's Xmas gift, another $6.5k. A new ExpII 42mm for me, another $7.5k. Adds up fast and way more expensive than golf.

I have to stop for a while, so I've shifted my focus back on golf, where I've been buying again. Oh crap - Titleist 681 T stamps w/ TI X100's ... Fourteen TB1000 proto irons w/ Tour Concept X100's ... Vokey TVD wedges ... Slighter'd TeI3 Newport ... 910D2 w/ real Ahina ... second travel set ... custom grind Hal Sutton Yamaha SX-25's (Kwok'd) w/ TI S400's ... new Japanese Titleist staff bag ... about $900 of Puma golf apparel. My wife is losing her mind and wondering what happened to mine.

Good luck with your motherload! you will love the Miura's - great buy!

[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][url="https://www.usna.edu/homepage.php"]Go Navy![/url]

[b][u]WITB[/u][/b]
Titleist 915 D4 8.5 Oban V430 6.5 75g
Titleist 915 F2 15 Rogue Silver 80S
Titleist VG3 18.5 JDM PX 6.0
Titleist 680 raw 4-PW Nippon MODUS 125S
Titleist TVD raw C-C 53 and Indigo SM5 58 DGTI
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach 340g 35"
Scotty Cameron MilSpec Gen2 330g 35"[/font][/size]

[quote name='Titleist-Golfer' timestamp='1335834530' post='4819958']
[quote name='Tenngolfer' timestamp='1335833429' post='4819814']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep, for me it was the over $10k credit card bill that tripped me up, even before my plane touched down on US soil (I was dead). Then I couldn't stop - another submariner ... another $8k. A Milgauss for my daughter's 21st birthday, another $6k. A SeaDweller for my wife's Xmas gift, another $6.5k. A new ExpII 42mm for me, another $7.5k. Adds up fast and way more expensive than golf.

I have to stop for a while, so I've shifted my focus back on golf, where I've been buying again. Oh crap - Titleist 681 T stamps w/ TI X100's ... Fourteen TB1000 proto irons w/ Tour Concept X100's ... Vokey TVD wedges ... Slighter'd TeI3 Newport ... 910D2 w/ real Ahina ... second travel set ... custom grind Hal Sutton Yamaha SX-25's (Kwok'd) w/ TI S400's ... new Japanese Titleist staff bag ... about $900 of Puma golf apparel. My wife is losing her mind and wondering what happened to mine.

Good luck with your motherload! you will love the Miura's - great buy!
[/quote]

Thanks!! Wow, but you know, it's the same thing I am sure I will be telling my wife this week, you only live once and dammit I am gonna have and hit a set of miuras before then.

Out of that golf collection, which set of clubs are your faves? Very nice btw

[quote name='GatorNate11' timestamp='1335758876' post='4813436']
The ebay monster is one evil SOB. Everytime I've quit my hoing, something pops up. It's like "Hey, remember that 2 iron you accidentally sold with your TW Blades? Here's a new one!" Of course I had to buy it..
[/quote]

as long as it's not a PING club i'm happy sir.

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1335895137' post='4825036']
[quote name='GatorNate11' timestamp='1335758876' post='4813436']
The ebay monster is one evil SOB. Everytime I've quit my hoing, something pops up. It's like "Hey, remember that 2 iron you accidentally sold with your TW Blades? Here's a new one!" Of course I had to buy it..
[/quote]

as long as it's not a PING club i'm happy sir.
[/quote]

I love pings... my problem is I pull anything with substantial offset about 10 yards left. I like your profile picture. I have a DVD set of him showing his swings with various irons and drivers.. one of the best ever swinging back and through and staying on plane the whole time. Dont know if that is a good idea for the rest of us, but it definitely worked for him.

[quote name='sosinsurr' timestamp='1335905986' post='4826364']
This is why I love my iPhone...I can buy anything, anywhere I am lol. Oh wait, that's why the old lady is always rolling her eyes at all the clubs I buy haha.
[/quote]

the perfect storm.. My chikara wedge arrived Monday. My miuras today, and my mizzies tomorrow :-)

[/quote]
JDM would be nice if it were not still made SW of the island. Hey OP, next time stay in the USA and get a DW custom Scratch set. :partytime2:

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

Lets see some pics of those black beauties.

PING G430 10k 9* Project X HZRDUS Hulk
PING G425 14.5* Tensei Orange 
PING G425 17* Tensei Orange
Titleist TSR Hybrids HZRDUS Silver 
PING i210 Irons Project X LZ
Edel Wedges S400 / TaylorMade MyMG4 Wedges S400
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Robert Mark Headcovers
Jordan Golf Shoes
PING Hoofer