2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

How far do people hit their Driver

Olan1987

If you want an indication on your driver distance, or any of your clubs, take the distance on a good hit, not an average of ALL your hits. Magazines and articles and stuff that they people overestimate their drives are using their REAL average drive, including that occasional D.O. (if I knew how to use a spoiler, I'd put in what that stands for if you don't know, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows what it is...) drive you top a couple feet. Or that massive slice or hook that makes the ball only go 150 yards.

If you need to figure out your average distance with your pitching wedge, and you hit 5 balls to determine what its distance is, think of this scenario. You hit the first one 125. The second one 127. The third one 124. The fourth one 124. The fifth one you chunk and it goes 25 yards. If you take good hits, your average would be 125, which is useful to know on the course. If you take your average of every shot, your average distance with that PW would be 105. NOT useful when you're playing.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like idrive400yards hasn't voted yet (cool) . I average closer to 280 so I couldn't quite vote for 300+. Maybe next year ;) . btw 300+ carry is killin the ball.

they didn't have the correct yardages for me :cheesy: passed this one up cause of the junior/colleges forum. like vinceRKG i am also a longdriver and for me my avg in the grid(3-4 out of 6) is 352.4. I've hit the lowly 320yd drive but also hit the 432yd drive, now on the course i tend to be more of the allovertheplace type driver(always trying to hit the green in 1,) I don't carry a driver for the course because it wouldn't be fun for me to just avg 310-330. Now don't get me wrong I can pull/push slice with the best of them, but when I'm on look out. My golf game completely changed when i set my mind to just longdrive, don't know the meaning of the word slow down, if I do it just completely throws off my timing.

carry 220-230 metres if I make solid contact. That's a planning distance I can count on if there are bunkers or water etc to carry. My course has GPS which really helps to work out your distances. My swing speed is typically 109-110mph on the launch monitors, but I don't think I swing that hard on the course. Launch monitors say it's carrying 260-270 yards which is a little optimistic!

alright brohans and sisterhans my swing speed is in the upper 140s and my smash factor is a 10.0 on the richter scale. My carry distances average between 200 and 210(in the summer time) and I get between 190 and 197 yards of roll(on average). I have a 5* titleist 905S with the 103 gram XX diamana shaft. Do I need to get a different shaft?

As a Longdriver for the past 4 years, I have learned how to get more CHS at impact and when I want it. I can still hit the driver 290-310 if I want to, but for my game, I need longer. My avg is 330-340 with a playing driver. That is carry at 300 and rolling a ton. It really is an easy swing for me.

Who du u think u r tiger? avg 330 -340 dream on

As a Longdriver for the past 4 years, I have learned how to get more CHS at impact and when I want it. I can still hit the driver 290-310 if I want to, but for my game, I need longer. My avg is 330-340 with a playing driver. That is carry at 300 and rolling a ton. It really is an easy swing for me.

Who du u think u r tiger? avg 330 -340 dream on

hey eddieswfc, you don't know VinceRKG, so how could you doubt him?. we as long drive competitors are swinging at 135mph+, and can still hit playing drivers 320-350+. As great as Tiger is he is definately not the longest hitter out there. There are people that are PGA tour long and LDA tour long. Tiger is PGA tour long and would not compare to some of us out there. Alot of PGA tour pro's have been invited to compete with us and not 1 have come foward to the challenge. So until you can prove otherwise please keep negative and doubting comments to yourself. I always invite doubters to watch me hit and if your interseted feel free to visit me in North Carolina, this way all doubts would be taken care of. I'm not trying to slam you but please if you get the chance come out and see us hit, that would take all your doubts out of your mind.

Even if only juniors were only posting on this thread, would it make it any more unbelievable? I have seen alot of these junior division competitors launch it 370-400yds, the last junior champ hit it 420+, so again if one hasn't seen another hit, they shouldn't pass judgement. It really isn't hard to believe a junior can launch one or even be or close to scratch as a player. There is alot of talent out there, and some just happen to be members of this great golfsite! Just my .02

alright brohans and sisterhans my swing speed is in the upper 140s and my smash factor is a 10.0 on the richter scale. My carry distances average between 200 and 210(in the summer time) and I get between 190 and 197 yards of roll(on average). I have a 5* titleist 905S with the 103 gram XX diamana shaft. Do I need to get a different shaft?

:cheesy: (cool) What a funny post. Its a good thing you are new... A 5* 905s head. No. Nice try.

They don't even make 5º 905S heads, not even 6º or 7º. I didn't even think about that lol. Come on 140 mph ss and only 200 carry with 200 ROLL...$10 says this guy is just throwing out BS to make a joke lol...i dont think he was serious especially since he had the "do i need a new driver"? comment at the end.

They don't even make 5º 905S heads, not even 6º or 7º. I didn't even think about that lol. Come on 140 mph ss and only 200 carry with 200 ROLL...$10 says this guy is just throwing out BS to make a joke lol...i dont think he was serious especially since he had the "do i need a new driver"? comment at the end.

I'm not a junior, but sorry...I had to read this thread to see what the claims were. Who doesn't like to size them selves up against other golfers?

I have to ask how anyone can possibly miss the fact that this guy is joking...he could even be mocking you guys, but I'll let you decide! Good catch Jer-Jer.