2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

No one at my club recognizes Japanese clubs!.!..!??!

Tenngolfer

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='chiromikey' timestamp='1339444783' post='5068802']
so lesson learned for golf forums...never say (or imply) japanese equipment is superior (even if it is) and never post you can hit a drive over 300yds because it brings out the wannabe internet enforcers.
[/quote]
Please explain the wannabe part of your comment.

[quote name='Tenngolfer' timestamp='1339446500' post='5069022']
so lesson learned for golf forums...never say (or imply) japanese equipment is superior (even if it is) and never post you can hit a drive over 300yds because it brings out the wannabe internet enforcers.
[/quote]

Noted good sir, ;-)
[/quote]
So people want to be you????

[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1339445979' post='5068946']
[/quote]
[/quote]
want-to-be

[quote name='Tenngolfer' timestamp='1339437104' post='5067834']
[quote name='JakeBarnes' timestamp='1339436612' post='5067754']
I used to write cigar reviews for a short-lived magazine where most, if not all, of the reviews were done on a blind taste test (no branding, etc). You learned to judge things on their construction, taste, complexity, etc. After one of my reviewing rounds I ranked a $2 dominican bundled cigar higher than one of the trendy cigars coming out of Cuba. The lesson I learned: everything is subjective and you have to find the niche that works for you; hype and the opinions of others be damned.

I play a mixed bag of JDM and domestic. I really don't agree with either side of this debate. I could care less if people don't know who made my clubs. I also don't assume, as some in this thread have, that people that play JDM equipment are status whores. Hell, I moved to JDM equipment because Bridgestone stopped making blades, so I moved to their Tourstage counterparts.

To end the rant: everyone is a different, special and unique snowflake and should be less concerned with other people and more concerned with finding the equipment that makes them enjoy the game of golf... whatever the origin.
[/quote]

Do tell, how do you like the tour stage? I like their looks.
[/quote]

Hard to find a sharper looking compact head, in my book. I play the 901s right now, but will probably move on to the 905s sometime in the future for conforming purposes. Great feel, not a lot of forgiveness. I'm a decent ballstriker (part of the reason I picked up blades in the first place: look, feel, and in the beginning, to start becoming a better ballstriker through feel) and the 901s have reasonable forgiveness for a blade.

Cobra Fly Z+ 8.5* w/ Diamana D+ 70x
Tour Edge CB Pro 14.5* w/ Speeder 757x
Mizuno MP-H4 2i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z+ 3i-5i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z Pro 6-PW w/ C-Taper 130
Callaway MD2 50*/S and 56*/T
Bettinardi Sabbatini Flow Neck Proto
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/145720-jakebarnes-witb-updated-828/page__hl__%20jakebarnes"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='chiromikey' timestamp='1339447191' post='5069126']
[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1339445979' post='5068946']
[/quote]
[/quote]
want-to-be
[/quote]
Want to be what?

Play in Los Angeles, no shortage of people that know Yonex, Miura, Honma, etc.

Srixon Z 785 9.5 Atmos Tour Spec Black 60X
Srixon Z F85 15 Atmos Tour Spec Black 60X
Srixon Z U85 18 Steelfiber i110 S
Srixon Z FORGED 3-9 Steelfiber i110 S
Cleveland RTX4 46 Steelfiber i110 S
Cleveland RTX4 Forged 50 Steelfiber i125 S
Cleveland RTX4 58 Steelfiber i125 S
Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft Premier 11S

Bettinardi QB6 DASS High Polish
Srixon ZStar XV Yellow

I love how my comment was removed from this thread along with every other comment responding against or in favor of... It was on topic and it violated not one rule...MODS OR ANYONE WHO MAY KNOW, PLEASE PM ME WITH RULES VIOLATED (Besides disagreeing with a sites top contributor.))

[color=#282828][size=3]I was going to repost but for reference it's quoted near the middle of page 3. [/size][/color]

[quote name='greens hit' timestamp='1339375873' post='5063844']
[quote name='Tenngolfer' timestamp='1339369098' post='5063192']
So I have started gaming a yonex 380, a miura putter and have been alternating out my mizunos with miura tourney blades. I also have a chikara wedge in the bag. This is by far and away the happiest I have been with my bag.

Unless it is the usual ping, Titleist, or callaway etc no one that I have played with this year knows anything about my equipment. In fact, I think they think it is lower quality, like knock off of major brands equipment.

After I crushed my third drive with the yonex today, one of the guys I was playing with asked to see it (he was gaming a Titleist 910d) and asks "is that a copy of some club that is out now?". I wanted to say no, but more likely clubs have been copied from this than the other way around (I have zero factual basis for that assertion lol).

It is hilarious, I just chuckle to myself and think you guys don't know what you're missing out on. On the green on the same hole I sank a 20 footer for birdie with my miura... One of just a few decent putts today... Cheap knock off japanese equipment....

Just curious if I am the only one that has experienced this. I feel sort of like I found golf nirvana and it is my little secret lol.
[/quote]

They REALLY don't know what they are missing out on because there are plenty of domestic equipment that is superior to or on par with Japanese equipment. Yes, we'll call it your little secret and keep it that way.
[/quote]

Like for example what? The major OEMs such as titleist, callaway, TM, Cleveland have an exclusive JDM line that uses the best materials and processes. Why would they do that if the "made to a pricepoint" US versions are so damn good? Some US/EU stuff is good, but "superior"? Don't think so.

[quote name='TripleGrindSole' timestamp='1339451885' post='5069674']
I love how my comment was removed from this thread along with every other comment responding against or in favor of... It was on topic and it violated not one rule...MODS OR ANYONE WHO MAY KNOW, PLEASE PM ME WITH RULES VIOLATED (Besides disagreeing with a sites top contributor.))

[color=#282828][size=3]I was going to repost but for reference it's quoted near the middle of page 3. [/size][/color]
[/quote]

No name calling allowed, no personal attacks allowed. People receive suspensions and warnings for less here all the time so maybe you should take the free pass the mods gave you and move on.

Of course that's just like, my opinion man.

[quote name='Vegaman' timestamp='1339452066' post='5069688']
[quote name='greens hit' timestamp='1339375873' post='5063844']
[quote name='Tenngolfer' timestamp='1339369098' post='5063192']
So I have started gaming a yonex 380, a miura putter and have been alternating out my mizunos with miura tourney blades. I also have a chikara wedge in the bag. This is by far and away the happiest I have been with my bag.

Unless it is the usual ping, Titleist, or callaway etc no one that I have played with this year knows anything about my equipment. In fact, I think they think it is lower quality, like knock off of major brands equipment.

After I crushed my third drive with the yonex today, one of the guys I was playing with asked to see it (he was gaming a Titleist 910d) and asks "is that a copy of some club that is out now?". I wanted to say no, but more likely clubs have been copied from this than the other way around (I have zero factual basis for that assertion lol).

It is hilarious, I just chuckle to myself and think you guys don't know what you're missing out on. On the green on the same hole I sank a 20 footer for birdie with my miura... One of just a few decent putts today... Cheap knock off japanese equipment....

Just curious if I am the only one that has experienced this. I feel sort of like I found golf nirvana and it is my little secret lol.
[/quote]

They REALLY don't know what they are missing out on because there are plenty of domestic equipment that is superior to or on par with Japanese equipment. Yes, we'll call it your little secret and keep it that way.
[/quote]

Like for example what? The major OEMs such as titleist, callaway, TM, Cleveland have an exclusive JDM line that uses the best materials and processes. Why would they do that if the "made to a pricepoint" US versions are so damn good? Some US/EU stuff is good, but "superior"? Don't think so.
[/quote]

One thing I will say: I really don't like how Vokey's feel. They feel "clicky" to me, something I don't like in a club. Just a matter of personal opinion. However, I did get to try a forged JDM Vokey and it was a night and day difference and allowed me to get over my issues with clickiness and actually enjoy the capabilities of the wedge itself. There is a difference, that is for certain. Whether it is better or not is a matter of taste. My taste is apparently towards soft forgings.

Cobra Fly Z+ 8.5* w/ Diamana D+ 70x
Tour Edge CB Pro 14.5* w/ Speeder 757x
Mizuno MP-H4 2i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z+ 3i-5i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z Pro 6-PW w/ C-Taper 130
Callaway MD2 50*/S and 56*/T
Bettinardi Sabbatini Flow Neck Proto
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/145720-jakebarnes-witb-updated-828/page__hl__%20jakebarnes"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='lobub' timestamp='1339454145' post='5069916']
Just saw this thread. There goes Thrillhouse causing trouble again. :cheesy:
[/quote]

Lol I didn't think it was that big of a deal and thought it was all resolved back on page one. Apparently it is a huge deal and this thread has been a disaster ever since so I'm going to walk away.

Enjoy!

[quote name='Thrillhouse' timestamp='1339453065' post='5069790']
[quote name='TripleGrindSole' timestamp='1339451885' post='5069674']

[/quote]

No name calling allowed, no personal attacks allowed. People receive suspensions and warnings for less here all the time so maybe you should take the free pass the mods gave you and move on.

Of course that's just like, my opinion man.
[/quote]

Well, many apologies if you viewed it as a personal attack. 'Self righteous' may have been a bit out of line but I suppose in my pursuit to defend the OP I may have threw you under the bus. But, in all honesty you took a small side blip of the OPs main thread topic and turned it into him bragging about his clubs. Which clearly was not the case..

And for the record, with the exception of the prior, I find many of your postings fairly entertaining. So once again, nothing personal, just talkin' ish.

edit: for grammar

[quote name='DLiver' timestamp='1339454786' post='5070006']
[quote name='Fourmyle of Ceres' timestamp='1339373956' post='5063632']
Not only does nobody you'll meet at the course know WTF a Yonex or Miura is, nobody you'll meet at a golf course cares in the least what kind of club you're using. The only exception is if you happen to be playing some club they're thinking about buying themselves they might ask you to hit it.

Bragging about exotic, expensive imported clubs is an online pursuit. In the real world nobody even thinks about that stuff.
[/quote]

100% true.
[/quote]

WORD!

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

JDM Cally X Forged star~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Bridgestone RXS

Vessel Lux XV cartbag

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

[quote name='chiromikey' timestamp='1339453947' post='5069898']
[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1339447912' post='5069236']Want to be what?
[/quote]
are you serious...or is this how you jack up a thread and your post count? you quoted it...try reading it...
[/quote]
Are you serious? What did i quote? Simple question. What do people want to be. By the way. Why would anyone possibly care about theirpost count??

For the record, when I arrive at the course, people look at my average bag of run-of-the-mill OEM equipment and immediately assume I am a naive and poor schnook with no class or game.

Sad thing is, they're right.

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Kai'li Red shaft

TaylorMade SIM2 Ti  5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Cobra 4 hybrid

Cobra 5 hybrid
Srixon ZX5 irons 6-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Rossie DB  putter

We should rename this thread "funnier by the minute" because it is exactly that. The OP never inferred for a minute in his first or subsequent posts about the cost of his equipment or the "superiority" of his gear. Simply said that many may not many recognize it.

OP also said nothing about a Ferrari...that would be me! And all I said was some ppl like Mustangs and some like Ferraris, meaning we're all entitled to our views. No sinister plot past that;)

[quote name='Hstead' timestamp='1339438322' post='5068006']
[quote name='Tenngolfer' timestamp='1339436152' post='5067698']
[quote name='Hstead' timestamp='1339433741' post='5067442']
I can't believe those morons could not recognize the awesomeness and superiority your bag had towering over every other bag there? Some people. You would think the large red and yellow S on the bag would have given the simpletons a hint. I mean c'mon, everyone knows that only the most sophisticated golfers would game the singular best tools ever made?

Maybe it was the 92 you posted that had them confused?
[/quote]

Nice of you to assume. No, I think it was the 76, no wait the 74, or no wait the 73 I posted before that that confused them. I am no pro but I am single digit.

FYI I never said anything about my bag being superior. The people I play with have in general spent a comparable amount on clubs as I have, just not on jdm. I just find it interesting that people haven't heard of jdm equipment outside of this forum. You deciding to make the simpleton comment is another false assumption considering I just posted earlier that i didn't even know about jdm until I discovered this forum.

For this to be a forum about golf equipment I am surprised at all of the trolling, picking fights, calling people liars, and just straight out a@@ hole posts. I thought golf was a gentleman sport lol. I have never once posted about my equipment being superior to anyone. I have even commented about how cool it is when someone posts great scores playing with super cheap or old clubs.

Yes I do think it is cool to have some quality equipment that no one cares about or knows bout, makes it all the better.

I tell you what, come down from Ohio and visit us redneck simpletons in Tennessee, since that's what you think we are, let's go play 18 holes. if I break 92 you have to stitch a giant "S" on your bag, and if not I will on mine.

Hell being that I am so filthy rich and have all of ths extravagant, no wait, "sophisticated" equipment I will even pay your green fees.

I love constructive and fun convos about golf equipment... :-)
[/quote]

Dude, you have made several posts that are very contentious at best. Your 73 doesn't scare me as i shot 70 Saturday, so yeah maybe we should play for equipment. I will sell yours on ebay when we are finished. LOL

When you make arrogant comments on the net, be prepared for people to call you out that's all. I wasn't the first, and probably won't be the last as more people read your title, and your "ferrari" comments etc. By the way, my brother has two "ferrari's" and they do not impress me either.
[/quote]

[quote name='Thrillhouse' timestamp='1339454913' post='5070024']
[quote name='lobub' timestamp='1339454145' post='5069916']
Just saw this thread. There goes Thrillhouse causing trouble again. :cheesy:
[/quote]

Lol I didn't think it was that big of a deal and thought it was all resolved back on page one. Apparently it is a huge deal and this thread has been a disaster ever since so I'm going to walk away.

Enjoy!
[/quote]

This thread turned into a disaster as you call it, the second you arrived and started making dopey and false statements about the OPs original post. Embarrassing and a bit juvenile at best.

I would like to know the answer to your deletion as well triplegrindsole. I didn't see you post anything inappropriate. However, I think I have at least been called arrogant, and conceited in this thread lol. I guess that isn't a personal attack, maybe personal attack is defined as outright name calling.

Oh well, one of life's great mysteries I suppose lol...

[quote name='TripleGrindSole' timestamp='1339457835' post='5070306']

Well, many apologies if you viewed it as a personal attack. 'Self righteous' may have been a bit out of line but I suppose in my pursuit to defend the OP I may have threw you under the bus. But, in all honesty you took a small side blip of the OPs main thread topic and turned it into him bragging about his clubs. Which clearly was not the case..

And for the record, with the exception of the prior, I find many of your postings fairly entertaining. So once again, nothing personal, just talkin' ish.

edit: for grammar
[/quote]

No hard feelings tsg, and yes you are right I did take things in the wrong direction on page one after a sarcastic response from the op, there is certainly responsibility on both sides of that one.