Callaway Golf X

Callaway Golf X Hybrid. MODIFIED X-SOLE DESIGN. Provides hybrid versatility, cutting through any thick rough while sliding smoothly over tight fairways. X-Sole degign also lowers the leading edge to help get the ball airborn quickly and easily. S2H2 AND THRU-BORE. S2H2 increases discretionary weight by removing it from the hosel and respositioning it in the perimeter of the clubhead. TRU-BORE provides improved feel and clubhead control. VFT TECHNOLOGY. VFT technology maximizes ball speed and perimeter weighting for more distance and forgiveness.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using a Taylor Made Rescue Mid 3H 19deg for about 4 months, and have honestly been struggling with getting the ball in the air, and when I actually do get it in the air not pulling or hooking it. The occasional perfect shot with the TM Rescue mid would be around 190-195 yards for me. I wasn't really sure about Callaway Hybrids after trying a friends Heavenwood a few months back which I thought was horrible, but I decided to give the Callaway X a shot at my local golf shop. In the hitting stall the contact of the X felt good, and the sound was crisp almost identical to the X woods. Also the face was not as flat as the TM 3 hybrid, which I figured would help me get the ball in the air easier, so I bit the bullet and bought it. After taking it to the range I knew I made the right choice. I was ripping shots 200 yards dead straight very consistently. Off center shots wandered a bit, but still were decently straight. I switched in between the Callaway X and my old Rescue Mid to make sure I wasn't just swing really good, but I couldn't duplicate the ball flight or distance of the X. If you are like me and struggle with getting the ball in the air or if your a fan of the Callaway X woods you should give this hybrid a try. The one negative I do have is the headcover sucks, it pretty much only covers the head and offers very little shaft protection. But that's a small thing, and the performance alone makes me give this club 5 stars.

• 1 month later...

Just got the 24* x hybrid with a graphite shaft, tried it on the course today. First I will say the stock stiff shaft is kinda whippy, more like a regular flex. Used it off the tee, fairway, and rough. It performed well in all those situations. I like this club. It is very easy to hit.

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

• 4 weeks later...

Bought the 3h 21* with the stock Uniflex steel shaft a few weeks ago. I have nothing but great things to say about this club--nice high but boring trajectory, great feel, very forgiving, and quite long. You have to work pretty hard to make a bad shot with this club, and I love that classic Callaway metal "TING" sound! Its by far the best hybrid I've played, and I've played the Heavenwood, Nickent 3DX, and Slingshot Tour. Do yourself a favor--give 'er a try!

I hit a # hybrid at Dicks last night and i was hitting it with a 92 mph ss and it was carrying 200 and rolling out from 215-225

I gave it a 5. liked the feel and sound of this club. will buy one in a month or 2...

Instagram account

Titleist TSi4 8.25* / Fujikura Ventus Black TR 7-X
TaylorMade Aero Burner TP 15° / Matrix White Tie 70-X
Taylormade SIM UDI 2i / Diamana THUMP 100X

Taylormade P770 3i (at 22°) / Project X LS 6.5 

Taylormade P7MC 5-7, P7MB 8, 9 / Project X LS 6.5 

Taylormade P7MB P / DG S400

Taylormade MG3 50° (at 52°) / DG S400

Taylormade MG3 TW 56° and 60° / DG S400

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH 34"

Demo'd the 21* variant of this guy today. It was the first time I'd ever hit a hybrid and it took me a few swings to realize I couldn't sweep it like a fairway wood. :russian_roulette: None the less, after I got a handle on it, I really liked it. Ball flight was much much better than my current 3 iron (which I hit pretty well) and very straight. I loved the "TING!" sound as well. Reminded me of my old Steelhead driver.

My only complain was the shaft. It felt very whippy for an 80g stiff flex. The ball flight was great, but I could just tell by watching it I was generating WAY too much spin. I was actually getting 10 more yards out of my 3 iron over the hybrid because of the excessive spin. Of course that can easily be fixed with a better shaft.

I think after I find a hybrid shaft I like, this club will definitely find it's way into my bag. :russian_roulette:

• 2 weeks later...

I replaced my 4 & 5 Iron with the X Hybrid. I never felt too comfortable about hitting my long irons. I could occasionally hit a nice crisp 5 iron, a 4 iron forget it. Now I can pick these up in the air better. The club feels great. I am currently a 20 handicap or so. My problem was not having a 180-200 yrd club that I could consistantly hit. I think I have one now!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I love these. Easy to hit. Goes a mile. My 3h 21 degree is my 200 yard club. That's why I carry 3 of them.

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 3 and 7 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Alta CB Black 65R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

bought the 21* and it is definitely a draw biased club. wish i could get my hands on a tour issue version with an opened up face. i now manually open up the face at address and let it rip and get great results. usually within the 215-225 range with a slight draw. i cannot, repeat CANNOT, cut this thing. nevertheless, it's a great hybrid that's easy to get up in the air. i won't be changing anytime soon, since i haven't the cash. if a tour issue version comes along, i may have to scrape for cash...

• 3 months later...

I have 2H / 3H with the TT Uniflex steel, awesome clubs. Love the "TING" sound and when hit solidly, the ball just goes on - straight - also have made a couple of toe/heel mishits, and I find it very forgiving, straight with just slight distance loss.

The 2H gives a good distance that closes the gap between my 3W and 3H. I love hitting it off the tee to land on narrow fairways.

I'd definitely recommend these to others.

• 5 months later...

Just got a 2h and 3h to replace my Hogan CFT's. I have the X460 10deg driver and X 15 deg 3w and absolutely love them so I thought this was a natural progression. In a word ...smokin ! Love these babies. So stupid simple to hit from a variety of lies and that classic X "ting" ...gotta love it. Nice and meaty just like the 3W and driver. I used a few 3w today off the Tee just so I could lay up enough to use the hybrids, nothing like dropping it on the green from 210. I highly recomend these hybrids. I have stiff steel shafts on my Ping irons and stiff fuji's shafts on my driver and 3w, I don't find these shafts too mushy at all as others have stated, but I'm not the stongest hitter compared to some. Here's to crackin 80 again this year a few times!! These sticks will help.

Paul

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got the 3H to replace my broken Taylormade Mid Rescue 3 (my fault). I took it right out on the course the next morning and I was able to hit every shot dead straight with a couple of slight draw. The ball flight is nice and not too high/low. The sound it makes at contact is very additcting. However, I did lose some 20 yards compare to the Mid Rescue 3. This club will definately stay in my bag while I search for the 4H and 5H to replace my 4/5 irons.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently bought a house, and the lender had a promotion where I got a $250 Callaway gift card. I decided to replace my Titliest 2 iron with a Callaway X 2 hybrid. I am very pleased with it. I ordered it with the Aldila NV 85 Hybrid stiff shaft and the tour wrap midsize grip (to match my iron grips). It only cost me $7 out of pocket after the gift card. It's the best $7 club I'll ever have the pleasure of owning. ;) I hit it fairly long (220 - 240ish depending on how well I hit it), and very straight. This is the first Callaway club I've ever owned, so the sound is new to me, and a bit odd, but I'm getting used to it.

Not too bad, but nowhere as nice as the rapture V2 from PING.

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

• 5 months later...

After struggling with a nickent 3dx for 2 years (just never sure what was going to happen with it) I picked up the x-hybrid 21 degree with stock stiff graphite. What a great club. I hit it on most par 4's that are less than 360 and I'm always out 215 plus and in the fairway. Third hole on my home course is a par 3, 220yds. I'm always right around the green. I can hit it left, right, high or low. This is one seriously nice club.