2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Midwest Golf Outing

Golfchicago

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know a date and Im sure I am there as long as we dont have a tournament that weekend. I will for sure come up from STL. Also, if im there, count me in to play Olympia Fields, im in for that for sure. Hit me up with any details please.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]WITB[/b][/font][/size]
[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size=3]TBD[/size][/font]

Who is interested in participating in a Midwest Golf Outing for this coming year?

Frank,

This year we should have a scratch tournament. Have everyone put $100 into a pot plus some for skins and host it out at the Dunne or maybe make it a two day and have the second round out at Prestwick... or however. But i think a scratch tourny would be cool if we can find enough players that would get in. Or possibly some kind of team event....but soemthing to make it interesting other than just an outing. what does eveyone think??

Ben I love the idea of a two day event. That might not work for everyone. We could do a one day team and a one day individual for cash. That would be cool, thoughts?

or what we could do is a team event for the first 18, get sloshed during the first 18 then an individual event the same day on a second 18 and see who's the best UTI golfer. (just kidding) play 36 and give prizes for team and low 2 person team, Best ball format for team, combined score for 2 person team then avg out, names would be put into hat then chosen. Luck of the draw. this way sandbagging wouldn't come into play.

Hey, who knows we might be partners :) I am going to to take lessons as soon as I can play again and I am going to work on my game a lot, I will hopefully be a single digit handicap

Rich

Hey Rich,

There isn't enough time for you to become a single digit handicapper with the weather your getting in chicago, unless u play from the womens tees!

• 2 weeks later...

id be interested. im only a couple

states away. :drinks: . plus, Frank,

im getting over a surgery right now

also. so by summer ill need a "get away".

:D

Jim,

What type of surgery did you have? I just had rotator cuff surgery 8 weeks ago.

Hey Frank, how's the shoulder doing? Maybe when we have this outing we could put you, Jim and I together and call ourselves the surgically repaired bionic men? If we lose, then we have an excuse already made up for us!

Jim,

Hey Frank, how's the shoulder doing? Maybe when we have this outing we could put you, Jim and I together and call ourselves the surgically repaired bionic men? If we lose, then we have an excuse already made up for us!

I can be the 4th of the group,(hand surgery) How is it going Frank? Hope the recovery is ahead of scedule!!!!

Rich

Jim,

I can be the 4th of the group,(hand surgery) How is it going Frank? Hope the recovery is ahead of scedule!!!!

Rich

i also had HAND surgery. they removed part of the HAMATE

bone. it was new to me. its called the"hook of hamate bone".

apparently, its somewhat common with golfers and baseball

players. Ryan Moore had it done just last spring, so i read.

it actually started hurting at the end of August. on Labor Day

i played 11 holes(was even par too). the pain was so bad

i went right to the ER. i havent gripped a club since then :stop:

anyways, im getting kind of long, but almost 6 months later

here i am hoping i can swing when the snow melts here.

also, i work with my hands so this has really sucked!!

whats yours like Rich? :drinks: :stop:

states away. :D . plus, Frank,

:drinks:

Jim,

Rich

Bionic MEN Rich, not kids, lol, there was no 6 million dollar kid, if you were a woman on the other hand, then perhaps we could talk. :drinks:

states away. :stop: . plus, Frank,

:stop:

Jim,

Rich

Bionic MEN Rich, not kids, lol, there was no 6 million dollar kid, if you were a woman on the other hand, then perhaps we could talk. :drinks:

I am the size of a man, will that make me a part of the group, if not, I DON'T WANT TO BE PART OF THE CRIPPLED GEEZER GROUP!!!!!!!! :D :drinks: :stop: ( Frank and Jim, you guys are differant)

Rich

;)

Jim,

Rich

I am the size of a man, will that make me a part of the group, if not, I DON'T WANT TO BE PART OF THE CRIPPLED GEEZER GROUP!!!!!!!! :D :drinks: :stop: ( Frank and Jim, you guys are differant)

Rich

This crippled old geezer in the group would still out drive you! :stop: ;) ;) :bb: Its not the size that matters, it is what you can put behind it that does. :bb: :bb:

states away. ;) . plus, Frank,

;)

Jim,

Rich

Bionic MEN Rich, not kids, lol, there was no 6 million dollar kid, if you were a woman on the other hand, then perhaps we could talk. :D

I am the size of a man, will that make me a part of the group, if not, I DON'T WANT TO BE PART OF THE CRIPPLED GEEZER GROUP!!!!!!!! :drinks: :stop: :stop: ( Frank and Jim, you guys are differant)

Rich

This crippled old geezer in the group would still out drive you! :stop: :bb: :bb: :bb: Its not the size that matters, it is what you can put behind it that does. :bb: :bb:

yeah... they tell me; some of my problems are because im getting older. (GREAAAAAT...) ;)

HOLY!! idrive-- i just looked and saw that rich is 21 thats 21 years

younger than both of us. :bb: :drinks: im feelin' old!!

;)

Jim,

Rich

Rich

This crippled old geezer in the group would still out drive you! :stop: ;) ;) :bb: Its not the size that matters, it is what you can put behind it that does. :bb: :bb:

Okay, true, but mine will be in or near the fairway, where will yours be???

Rich

;)

Jim,

Rich

Bionic MEN Rich, not kids, lol, there was no 6 million dollar kid, if you were a woman on the other hand, then perhaps we could talk. :D

I am the size of a man, will that make me a part of the group, if not, I DON'T WANT TO BE PART OF THE CRIPPLED GEEZER GROUP!!!!!!!! :drinks: :stop: :stop: ( Frank and Jim, you guys are differant)

Rich

This crippled old geezer in the group would still out drive you! :stop: :bb: :bb: :bb: Its not the size that matters, it is what you can put behind it that does. :bb: :bb:

yeah... they tell me; some of my problems are because im getting older. (GREAAAAAT...) ;)

Ha, that is funny, I don't care who you are!!!!!!! :bb: :bb: :bb: Can't wait to meet all you guys at the outing and if you go, maybe some IJGA events, I will be playing the junior tourney circuit this year.

Rich

;)

Jim,

Rich

Rich

Ha, that is funny, I don't care who you are!!!!!!! :bb: :bb: :bb: Can't wait to meet all you guys at the outing and if you go, maybe some IJGA events, I will be playing the junior tourney circuit this year.

Rich

well i hope everything goes smoothly and i

can make it there and meet you Rich, and Frank

and idrive too for that matter. as far as the

age thing goes, i only wish i had been "golf

serious" when i was your age. :bb:

BTW, the little yellow guys above, thats ROOTBEER

in your case. :D

:rolleyes: That is funny Jim, I hope to see you all there, and I don't think we could have a long drive contest, unless mike(Idrive400) subtracts 100 yards or soo to make it fair :)

Rich

Hey Rich, like I said before, I'll let you hit from the ladies tees, if you think that will help :cheesy: And just to let you know, as of right now, my swing has been at its best in a long while, and I don't think there will be ANY problem of me hitting the fairway, and even if I don't, I'd rather have a small chip in the fringe or rough to a long par 4 than a long iron to the green, or even an 8 iron to the green on a par 5.

:rolleyes: That is funny Jim, I hope to see you all there, and I don't think we could have a long drive contest, unless mike(Idrive400) subtracts 100 yards or soo to make it fair :)

Rich

Hey Rich, like I said before, I'll let you hit from the ladies tees, if you think that will help :cheesy: And just to let you know, as of right now, my swing has been at its best in a long while, and I don't think there will be ANY problem of me hitting the fairway, and even if I don't, I'd rather have a small chip in the fringe or rough to a long par 4 than a long iron to the green, or even an 8 iron to the green on a par 5.

HA HA HA HA HA, you are very very funny. BUT your swing will get worse and worse and worse, then the outing, but if not, you still have to putt...

Rich

Rich

HA HA HA HA HA, you are very very funny. BUT your swing will get worse and worse and worse, then the outing, but if not, you still have to putt...

Rich

Ive been working on that, got my putter fitted just right for me and have been hitting putts bettr than ever!