2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

I gotta vent.....

steve81

ROCKBOTTOMGOLF.com SUCKS!!!!!
So i placed an order last night at RockBottom and called about an hour later to have it cancelled. (I decided to wait until after christmas to order) I was on hold for over half an hour....waiting in silence. I next, try the supposed "live" chat....same thing...I had my chat window open for 43 minutes, no one comes to assist. I then emailed them and received confirmation back that it would be replied to within 4 hours. It's now been about 14 hours no answer. ANOTHER email sent...still no answer.

Yes, they have cheap prices but their service just flat out sucks! Does this place even exist or is it just a ghost store?

Either way, they really need tow ork on their service. NEVER will i go thru them again.

By the way, i'm still holding and they charged my credit card......needless to say, i will be disputing the charge with my credit card company.

Thsi is just a joke! STAY CLEAR of rockbottomgolf.com

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what i did with that was i had my retail shop match rockbottomgolf's price ... there was a set of irons on there last year ... i had the store match their price and i bought it ... saved about half the price and didn't have to wait for any shipping ... plus, any 'customer service' issues ... i just went back to the place that i bought it from ...

holla!

I've had nothing but good experience with Rockbottom, but I've never tried to use their Customer Service. My transaction is usually (1) They have a product; (2) I buy it; and (3) It comes to me just like they described. That's pretty much all I ask. I feel your pain, but my impression is they're largely an internet-based business that probably doesn't have a bunch of staff to handle these kind of issues. That's why they're cheaper.

I've had nothing but good experience with Rockbottom, but I've never tried to use their Customer Service. My transaction is usually (1) They have a product; (2) I buy it; and (3) It comes to me just like they described. That's pretty much all I ask. I feel your pain, but my impression is they're largely an internet-based business that probably doesn't have a bunch of staff to handle these kind of issues. That's why they're cheaper.

Same here. RBGolf is about low prices (hence the name). I don't expect good service at McDonalds.

Not to plug a sponsor here, but I've read so many things about DiscountDan's on this site that I finally decided to use them and the customer service was extremely good and they had good prices. maybe not RBGolf low, but still lower than most.

-TJW

Well I don't mean to sound crass but "www. DiscountDansGolf.com" is the absolute Best in Service and Price. I once ordered a set of CG4Tours at 2º-Flat and they arrived from the factory in Ca. to Flori-Duh in 8 days!!!

I just went through a debacle w/Golfsmith until "Travis" from the complaint line ("Complaint Line" is CustomerService) where I waited 29 days on a "10-12 days" order. They were the Adams Idea Pro and as I waited around and waited in general I saw that "DiscountDans" had the clubs listed at $669.00!!! instead of the $799 at Golfsmith... Oh I did mention that to Golfsmith and now have a $138 GiftCard en route.

I do appreciate your frustration in this but what I have learned is "DiscountDans" is the best and when I called to see if Dans had the Adams as I just wanted my money back by this time, and Dans was going to ship them out yesterday but lo and behold my Adams arrived. So I am all for "squeaky wheel gets the grease" but the sick part is only 2 of every 14 people complain so the other 12 "lamb" make it tough on all of us that complain when we get screwed... Either that or just go to "Dans" in the first place.

Note: I have no affiliation with "Dans" or this site. If you don't believe me they are a "sponsor" here and just click on the banners... I've sent numerous folks buying OEM gear and they all tell me how easy and the great service they receive.

Not to plug a sponsor here, but I've read so many things about DiscountDan's on this site that I finally decided to use them and the customer service was extremely good and they had good prices. maybe not RBGolf low, but still lower than most.

Since I placed my first order with Discount Dan's I haven't gone anywhere else. I can't figure out why anyone would. Their prices are low, service is great, shipping is free, and they're a green grass store. What's not to like?

This is the problem with posts like this, I understand the poster had poor service and a few others but I for one and many others have had many great dealings with Rockbottomgolf. Bottom line even if you try, you just won't be able to please everyone.

yeah, i guess just being in contact with your customers is very hard to do considering you advertise every option under the sun for "great service" and customer contact.

give me a break.

i had a bad experience with them as well but they made it right - they sent me the wrong irons (LH instead of RH 3 TIMES - i couldn't believe it). i made a deal with them to keep the LH to save them shipping back and sold them for a profit on ebay.

they did ship next day UPS air to get them here, 4 sets of irons to Canada in a little over a week. it was pretty impressive.

I have never purchased anything from Rock Bottom, but personally, I think this is what to expect from a e-store like Rockbottom golf, global golf, etc. They have cheap prices b/c they have little overhead. You want premium customer service, you are going to pay a higher price. I just don't think you can have it both ways. This is the #1 reason why I'll spend a few more $$$'s and buy local b/c they will normally bend over backward to make you happy and work with you.

As for the original poster, I guess I see it from a different perspective. Your bashing Rockbottom b/c you couldn't get in contact with them because you changed you mind. It's not as if they shipped your the wrong/damaged item or didn't ship you anything at all. Most online stores that I have dealt with have already processed the order within 1 hour and it's getting ready to ship, at that point there's no turning back, so the best you can do is work within their return policy.

That's just my 2¢ on the subject.

I have never purchased anything from Rock Bottom, but personally, I think this is what to expect from a e-store like Rockbottom golf, global golf, etc. They have cheap prices b/c they have little overhead. You want premium customer service, you are going to pay a higher price. I just don't think you can have it both ways. This is the #1 reason why I'll spend a few more $$$'s and buy local b/c they will normally bend over backward to make you happy and work with you.

As for the original poster, I guess I see it from a different perspective. Your bashing Rockbottom b/c you couldn't get in contact with them because you changed you mind. It's not as if they shipped your the wrong/damaged item or didn't ship you anything at all. Most online stores that I have dealt with have already processed the order within 1 hour and it's getting ready to ship, at that point there's no turning back, so the best you can do is work within their return policy.

That's just my 2¢ on the subject.

Im gonna have to agree here...rockbottom from my experience was prolly the fastest of all online companies. Personally ive had no problems with them and their prices are awesome. I usually get an email saying its been received and/or shipped very quickly. You can't go willy nilly all over the internet ESPECIALLY at a site like that is designed for little overhead and cheap prices. Rockbottom operates on the fact that ok order is here, ship it out fast as possible and get it going. You changed ur mind and as stated it was processed and shipped so you have to follow the return policy. Also as stated above, if you want awesome prices and service, discountdans seems to be the best. They get price quotes to me lickety split and they are always either the best or right there.

steve perhaps the good people at rbg arent letting you buy their merchandise for a reason man. Since the last time youve played I know youve change your bag setup at least 3 times. this isnt healthy and buying new clubs should fall just below items of your priority list of things such as checking to see if the milk is spoilt and looking both ways before crossing four-laners, especially this time of year in sweet home chicago. no offense or anything.

Nothing but positives with Rockbottom...I have probably purchased 5-6 different items with no problems and at a great price...

JME,

Tad

Ping Rapture V2 10.5*/ Harrison Saga 70grms
TEE Trilogy 15*/ GD Tour AD
TEE Trilogy 18*/GD Tour AD
Adams Idea Pro 20* VS Proto
Srixon I701 Tour 4-Pw, Project X
Titleist Spin Milled 50*
Fourteen MT28 v5 56*
Taylormade Original itsy bitsy spider 33/370grms

So i placed an order last night at RockBottom and called about an hour later to have it cancelled. (I decided to wait until after christmas to order) I was on hold for over half an hour....waiting in silence. I next, try the supposed "live" chat....same thing...I had my chat window open for 43 minutes, no one comes to assist. I then emailed them and received confirmation back that it would be replied to within 4 hours. It's now been about 14 hours no answer. ANOTHER email sent...still no answer.

Yes, they have cheap prices but their service just flat out sucks! Does this place even exist or is it just a ghost store?

Either way, they really need tow ork on their service. NEVER will i go thru them again.

By the way, i'm still holding and they charged my credit card......needless to say, i will be disputing the charge with my credit card company.

Thsi is just a joke! STAY CLEAR of rockbottomgolf.com

should have checked there policy. Our shipping process is automated. So once we receive your payment, we cannot add, subtract or cancel your order prior to shipment.

I like GPP. The last order I placed was quite messed up. I received the wrong color shoes and shirt. They said no worry and just sent me out new items in the right colors and told me to keep the items that were wrong. I'm actually kinda hoping they screw up when I order from them again because they'll go the extra mile to make sure it's right.