2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Royal Collection Tour VS and Joe Kwok

Wolf4birdie

Review #1) Royal Collection Tour VS

A little background.. I'm somewhere between a 2-5 handicap. I'm a decent ball striker but I'm always looking to get the most out of my shots. I want something that looks great, easy to work but also forgiving at the same time. AP2's were in my bag and in the last couple years I have bagged players irons from Mizuno and TM.

So I called Joe and talked with him for 20-30 min about what I wanted. I talked about my tendencies, misses and what I liked when looking at a club. He suggested the RC VS Tours. I had never heard of these clubs so I did a little research and went ahead and pulled the trigger.

This is absolutely the best golf purchase I've ever made.. I can't say enough about these irons.

If you are looking for a "players club" with forgiveness you should definitely put them on your list. It's unreal how forgiving they are while being super soft and having a great feel at the same time..

The sole grind is great. These irons just make you want to go down and take a divot. The leading edge just allows you to glide through the dirt.

The trajectory is very piercing and not ballooning and the ball just cuts through the air. With that said, there is also substantial weight to the heads and you can go down and really get the ball out of the rough if needed.

Joe installed the Shimada Tours in my irons and I think these have helped with trajectory as well. Again, boring is just the best word I can describe for the flight, yet these shafts have a very soft feel. It's not a harsh shaft at all.

Distance I'm probably 1/2 longer than my AP2's.

My third round with these in the bag I made 7 birdies. Career round for me of 67 (-5). Again, I can't say enough about the irons. My confidence level is off the charts.

Review #2) Joe Kwok

If you are serious about your game you need to call Joe. I've had a number of "fittings" and a handful of lessons in the past several years. Hand down, he's the most knowledgeable "club fitter" I've dealt with.. He just understands golf and understands the equipment needed to maximize your chance of hitting the shot you want to hit.

These irons are my second interaction with Joe. He also did a grind on a set of Scratch wedges for me.

The great thing about Joe is that he's not going to tell you just what you want to hear. I promise! The process is very personal for him and he takes ownership in his answers.

I think so highly of his opinion I called him today and just basically told him to build a gap wedge for me. That's it. He sent a picture and said "I think this will work for you" so that's what I ordered.. I'm not even sure of the brand I'm getting. hahaha

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

B,
You are too kind!

But Thanks for a nice review, not to many people knows about this club and how good they are.

in case, If you guys are wondering how it looks like, here are the link to a RC products:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/485707-lets-talk-about-royal-collection-us-line-up/page__st__60__p__4319375__hl__+royal%20+collection%20+joe#entry4319375

Cheers and thanks again!

joe

[quote name='markfax' timestamp='1346288978' post='5558035']
Was this a phone fitting? If so, how did you handle getting launch monitor numbers, length lie measurements etc?
[/quote]
LM is coming from his local store!

I send him a questionnaire to fill up and instruction to get all those info for me to calculate and diagnose.

Joe

[quote name='Tarkata' timestamp='1346361530' post='5562479']
Their woods seem to largely be a continuation of the Sonartec design of the cavity channel. Been like 15 years they've pushed that style?
[/quote]

Sonartec was a continuation of the Royal Collection desgin of the Driving Cavity. Sonartec just liscensed the use of RC's clubs outside of Japan.

Sonartec made some great clubs and I'm still happy to be playing them.

[quote name='sustain' timestamp='1346362149' post='5562539']
[quote name='Tarkata' timestamp='1346361530' post='5562479']
Their woods seem to largely be a continuation of the Sonartec design of the cavity channel. Been like 15 years they've pushed that style?
[/quote]

Sonartec was a continuation of the Royal Collection desgin of the Driving Cavity. Sonartec just liscensed the use of RC's clubs outside of Japan.

Sonartec made some great clubs and I'm still happy to be playing them.
[/quote]

If you're looking for a deep faced 3w in the ilk of the 910 without adjustablility - a second driver, but very serviceable off the deck - the Royal Collection 3w is awesome, as is the Jp104FH hybrid.

Of course, this is based on those built by Joe.

G430 LST 9* Ventus TR Black 6S

Darkspeed 15* 1K Pro White 70S

G430 19* LIN-Q TSPX Black 85H F4

Black Ops 22* AV White 85S
ZX5 MkII (5-P) Modus3 105X
MG4 50,54,58 Modus3 125S

Monoblok 6.5

[quote name='Wolf4birdie' timestamp='1346280507' post='5557375']
Review #1) Royal Collection Tour VS

A little background.. I'm somewhere between a 2-5 handicap. I'm a decent ball striker but I'm always looking to get the most out of my shots. I want something that looks great, easy to work but also forgiving at the same time. AP2's were in my bag and in the last couple years I have bagged players irons from Mizuno and TM.

So I called Joe and talked with him for 20-30 min about what I wanted. I talked about my tendencies, misses and what I liked when looking at a club. He suggested the RC VS Tours. I had never heard of these clubs so I did a little research and went ahead and pulled the trigger.

This is absolutely the best golf purchase I've ever made.. I can't say enough about these irons.

If you are looking for a "players club" with forgiveness you should definitely put them on your list. It's unreal how forgiving they are while being super soft and having a great feel at the same time..

The sole grind is great. These irons just make you want to go down and take a divot. The leading edge just allows you to glide through the dirt.

The trajectory is very piercing and not ballooning and the ball just cuts through the air. With that said, there is also substantial weight to the heads and you can go down and really get the ball out of the rough if needed.

Joe installed the Shimada Tours in my irons and I think these have helped with trajectory as well. Again, boring is just the best word I can describe for the flight, yet these shafts have a very soft feel. It's not a harsh shaft at all.

Distance I'm probably 1/2 longer than my AP2's.

My third round with these in the bag I made 7 birdies. Career round for me of 67 (-5). Again, I can't say enough about the irons. My confidence level is off the charts.

Review #2) Joe Kwok

If you are serious about your game you need to call Joe. I've had a number of "fittings" and a handful of lessons in the past several years. Hand down, he's the most knowledgeable "club fitter" I've dealt with.. He just understands golf and understands the equipment needed to maximize your chance of hitting the shot you want to hit.

These irons are my second interaction with Joe. He also did a grind on a set of Scratch wedges for me.

The great thing about Joe is that he's not going to tell you just what you want to hear. I promise! The process is very personal for him and he takes ownership in his answers.

I think so highly of his opinion I called him today and just basically told him to build a gap wedge for me. That's it. He sent a picture and said "I think this will work for you" so that's what I ordered.. I'm not even sure of the brand I'm getting. hahaha
[/quote]

+1

Joe's reputation here is second to none and it shows through the whole process. He's meticulous and extremely knowledgeable. He'll fit you _properly_ as well as build you a nice set of clubs that's precisely spec'd to your swing and game. Honestly, I can't imagine anyone else I'd want working on my clubs.