2007 Season

Ok Guys,

What is your Handicap now??????

What do you want to improve your Handicap to??????

What do you want to improve in your game?????

How are you going to do this?????

Gav

--------------------------------------------------------------

I believe i am currently listed as a +1.2

Handicap wise i am not too worried about it. i am more concerned with tournament results. My handicap is based off of all tournament rounds no casual rounds.

Game improvement wise i will be working with a fitness coach as well as a sports psychologist to take my game to the next level which for me is top level competetive amateur and college golf. It will be alot of hard work but i have the drive and am poised to really make a solid run this spring and summer.

My biggest goal would have to be to qualify for the U.S, Amateur. I would also like to make the trip across the pond to the British Am.

PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jonny_dun

What is your Handicap now - 12.8 UK index

What do you want to improve your Handicap - to single figures

What do you want to improve in your game - iron play being able to miss the green on the sqafe side and not short side myself. and to be more aggressive and confident while putting

How are you going to do this- confidence just by feeling mor elike i am goin to hole this putt and to think more about my shot in hand rather than jsut selecting it and hitting it maybe need to b a but more methodical to get to single figures

What age are you???

What are you currently playing off now???

What do you want to get down to this time next year???

3/4

how are you going to achieve this goal???

i guess there is only one way get good equipment...get a good coach and work hard with him and practice practice practice after that also have confidence in my game and believe

P.S im new to this site and it is the best golf site ive ever been on...everyone on this site knows alot about the game and the tips are great :) :) (cool) ;)

2-3

What do you want to improve in your game?????

Gain consistency with both the driver and getting up and down, which will come handy on those off days.

How are you going to do this?????

Practice hard and everything should take care of itself.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing i need to work on is my putting the rest of my game is as good as it will ever be. I am going to get into a little better shape but that is about it.

Not to be a a** again but I love the scratch golfers and the 1's and 2's from the young guys but what is that distance from on a golf course? when you jump back to college/mini tour/pga. The distance added is around 700 yards. That may not sound like much but when you play par 4's at 460ish it is a whole new ball game. I am not trying to be mean but maybe you want to try and play 10 rounds from what i call foot in the bucket. You back foot in your golf swing is in the rough of the back side of the tee-box. Then work on your handicap from there. I have many of friends who say they are 2's and 3's but that is from 6500-6600 yards long on a course. Just something to think about

The only thing i need to work on is my putting the rest of my game is as good as it will ever be. I am going to get into a little better shape but that is about it.

Not to be a a** again but I love the scratch golfers and the 1's and 2's from the young guys but what is that distance from on a golf course? when you jump back to college/mini tour/pga. The distance added is around 700 yards. That may not sound like much but when you play par 4's at 460ish it is a whole new ball game. I am not trying to be mean but maybe you want to try and play 10 rounds from what i call foot in the bucket. You back foot in your golf swing is in the rough of the back side of the tee-box. Then work on your handicap from there. I have many of friends who say they are 2's and 3's but that is from 6500-6600 yards long on a course. Just something to think about

I believe a sizeable group of the so called "better" players on here all play AJGA and other national events. If the AJGA sets a course up shorter it is for certain difficulty reasons. other wise they prefer to play 6800-7100. Which is why it is the breeding ground for top college players. But i do understand where you are coming from. there are also good young players here which dont have the need to play longer courses yet because tournament wise they are not in the oldest age division yet.

I hope this takes care of everyone. If anyone else has a question please contact me.

-Dan

PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2

Yea in no way did i want to sound like an a**hole or anything. I am just saying Handicap is not everything in golf. I now a guy who is worse than me make a mini tour event. He made putts when they needed to be made. I think you players stress handicap to much. Goose I can see you understanding this. If anybody in the chicago land area wants to play some golf I can get some good deals at some nice courses. We only play from the tips but even if your not that long of a player I see it as you play with me at 7200 yards and see what that does to you and then go play a course at your normal 6500-6800 yard course and watch you go damn this course is easy. I will be willing to help the younger guys here practice and play come warm weather. I am 20 and played across the country and world. The issues i had Goose with the Ajga events is the distance, when i play a shorter course 6600 or so yards i suck! It is funny I play terrible i get outta my focus range.

• 2 weeks later...

Handicap-after 8 months of playing its about a 9

I would like to get that down to a 4 or 5 by the end of next season.

I need to roll the ball better, play par 5's much smarter, the mental game is always in need of help, and practice every shot inside 40 yards of the green way more often(bunker, flop, chip, pitch)

Hopefully some new equipment. A new putter would help compared to the cheap one I have now, along with a new FW wood with a much shallower face height. The one that I have now is awful to hit off the deck with. Practice, practice, practice.

A Handicap is partially affected by the length of the course. Course ratings/slope change based on the difficulty from each set of tees. These help to make it so that a 2 from course a at 6800 is the same as a 2 from course be at 5700. I play at a short course every so often (5800 I believe) and in order to be considered "scratch" you have to shoot 5 under based on the rating.

I'm about a 16 handicap. Thats just s rough guess. I would like to imporve upon my putting and short game. My ball striking is pretty good, but you get low scores all the time good ball striking. It does take putting and short game skills. i think i just need to play more often. This last year i only played three times in six or seven months, spent one or two days out at the range just hitting balls, and almost no time putting. So obivously just making more time to be out there. But I learn more from playing not hitting balls at the range. Any help would be great.

USGA 16.7

USGA 12.0

What do you want to improve in your game????? How are you going to do this?????

I need to work on getting the ball in play. I have been very inconsistent off the tee and let too many

rounds get away from me by knocking a couple OB. Nearly every hole on my home course has OB

right/left/or both.

I have been working hard on my mental approach to the game and am trying to play smarter. I have

been influenced a great deal by reading Michael Murphy's Golf In The Kingdom last fall as well as Fred Shoemaker's writings as well.

I will continue to take lessons and, most importantly, practice on the range but play on the course.