2007 Season

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allright,

I'm a 22 (Yes, 22!) handicapper (19 USGA)

I want to be off 12 (Yes, 12!) at the end of next year

I'm going to improve by taking lessons which I'm already doing and I am improving quickly

I'm going to keep stats from every round from Jan 01 until the summer rules are back in on DigitalDivot.Com to find out what handicap I'm playing to because I can't get cut here now!

I'm going to make some equipment changes....My FW's and Rescue should help me get around the course

I'm going to improve my mental game!!!!!

I'm going to buy a Powerball and some Weights....I'm WEAK! NEED MORE DISTANCE!

Sounds like a lot......but I can do it because I'm beginning to hit the ball better every lesson I get!

And when I get my snr. h.cap next summer I can play in more competitions and have more chance to get cut (last yr I played in 12 I could get cut in!) (cool) Still got cut 6 shots and moved back a set of tees making the course 1,500 yrds longer

Gav

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK

I'm a 7 handicapper

I want to come down to a 3 handicap at highest

I will improve my putting overall (speed, short putts) by practicing more

I'm changing the shaft in my 3 wood to a Fuji Vista Pro 90 for more consistency

I also want to become more consistent with my swing, just to be able to get the ball round on off days

Here goes-

I'm a +1 and I want to get to +4 or higher by the end of next year. I want to improve everything in my game and here is what I'm doing.

Working out-- I'm doing everything possible to make my self better. Workout every other day, stretch every day, and eat a healthy diet high in fruits, veggies, low fat meats. This in all likelihood it will improve my distance, posture, ball striking, balance, and my endurance.

Club Tweaking-- I am also in the process of testing out drivers, woods, irons, wedges and putters that will fit my swing and game properly. I have 11-12 (don't really want to count) drivers right now with custom shafts waiting to be installed. I'm a club ho to the fullest but when I finish installing the shafts I can go to a launch monitor and pick out the best 5-6 to bring them to the course. The final test will be to play with them and narrow it down from there. This is an expensive route but it will in the end getting me the best fit I can find or lead me to some other options to get the exact tweaks needed. It's almost impossible to tell if a driver fits you unless you have the shaft in it that should fit your swing and you can play it out on the course. This is why I am going through this extensive research. Plus it's dang fun!!!! :beach: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Swing Change-- Last year I really struggled with my ball striking and made a major swing overhaul. I still managed to stay at a +1 because of my short game but it didn't allow me to compete with the highest level amateurs. My last few rounds I really started to dial it in. My swing really started taking shape and I ended up shooting a 32 (-4) on the back 9 of my last round. :crazy: :fool: :fool: I also try and get as much information on the swing as possible. I watch the Golf Channel a lot and always Tivo Academy Live and Fitness Academy so I can watch them and save them for future viewings. Right now I feel I know as much or more than most teaching Pros out there and I understand my swing and can fix swing flaws of mine myself. This is huge for mid round swing adjustments Etc. Should help out my scoring next year a lot.

Practice-- I practice putting, chipping, and swinging in a full length mirror almost every day. I really want to get my putting stroke dialed in and swing consistent before next season. I could probably do more of this but I don't know how effective I can be without seeing the ball flight on a range and on a real putting green. During the summer I have practiced a lot and will this year as well.

If you are still reading this you are probably bored by now :crazy: . Sorry to ramble on so much but I'm so enthused about the direction of my game. (cool) :idhitit: :drinks: Oh, and it's good to write down your goals so thanks.

My goals are all tournament related. I'd like to finish top 10 in my state's player of the year race, make it to match play in the Met-Am, qualify for the GAP Open at Merion, make it through local for the US Open, and qualify for the US Pub Links and US Am. High goals? You bet.

My game has become significantly more consistant over the last year. The next step for me is to start going deeper in tournament rounds.

Titleist TSR3 9* w/ GD UB-6 (S)
Titleist TSR2 15* & 21* w/ GD UB-7,8 (S)
Titleist u505 22* w/ Atmos Blue HB 85 (S)
Titleist T200/150 5-PW w/ Steelfiber i110 (S)
Vokey SM8 50*, 55*, 60* w/ S300
Scotty Cameron Toolbox

Ok Guys,

What is your Handicap now??????

What do you want to improve your Handicap to??????

What do you want to improve in your game?????

How are you going to do this?????

Gav

--------------------------------------------------------------

My handicap now is a 26.

I want to improve my handicap to a 12.

What I am going to do this year:

This winter while I can't get out and play I plan on getting a new putter, 2 hybrids, and hopefully new wedges. I also plan on working out (golf related) pretty much everyday, when I get better I missed school yesterday and feel like crap today but I have been planning on starting it when I feel better. Probably this Saturday or Sunday. I also am planning on starting to eat healthier which I have been trying to do, because it will obviously make me healthier which in turn will help my golf game. I am also getting a practice green (like what is at dicks or most golf stores) So I can practice my 5 and 10 footers over and over and over until I don't miss. I also plan on going to this indoor golf training thing in a nearby town a few things so I can hopefully not lose my swing completely.

This Summer I plan on practicing more then I play. Because I am out there pretty much everyday but didn't really start practicing till around late August but then Soccer season started and I couldn't keep it up with soccer everyday. I am talking about 4 and 5 hour practice sessions. 2 and half on the practice green and 1 and half out on the range. I also am going to try and get lessons which I haven't done before pretty consistently if I can get the money together which I should be able to do with mowing lawns.

So hopefully by the time next winter comes I can come back and tell you guys I reached or passed my goal of getting to a 12 handicap.

Sorry for talking so much but like Wannabepro said I am really excited about the upcoming season.

1) now im a 3 handicap

2) by the end of next year i would like to be a +

3) i just started with a pro ( im 15 yrs old ) so i am gonna work real hard on waht he says

4) lift and train

5) im already as long as ill need to be so i would like to hit more fairways and greens

my mental game also kinda sucks.. so im gonna try and work on that.. i get mad and it screws me up.. lol

im workin on it.. well see next summer

1. Right now i am a +0.7

2. By December 2007 I want to be +2 or better

3. I want to improve my driver consistency, putting, long iron shots.

4. I will do this by continuing to take lessons both with a pro and on my own. I also have really got into golf fitness and want to steadily improve my balance, posture and strength. I am trying at the moment to really strengthen my core as well as the trunks of my legs to add stability. I also am going to "fine tune" my equipment so that it fits my swing perfectly after i have changed it this winter.

Ok Guys,

Gav

My current handicap is a 5, but like many others have said, if my putting was better, it would be MUCH lower.

I want to get to a scratch or plus handicap by the end of next season.

I want to improve my putting obviously, but also, my driver distance, and my fairway woods- 2 years ago my 5 wood was my go to club no matter where I was- tee, fairway, rough, whatever... now I can't hit a fairway wood worth crap, so I want to work on that, and that combined with driving distance should help me make more birdies (par 5s especially- I don't get eagle putts very often, maybe once a month... still haven't made one yet either)

I'm gonna switch my home course- my new course has a range (imagine that! I'll actually get to practice before playing a round instead of going to the tee cold like I did every day this past season- I'm sure that in itself will knock off a couple strokes, because my start is always crap- ALWAYS)

In addition, I'll be practicing my putting, and I'm gonna try to REALLY cut back on my club ho'ing. It's tough to get used to a club when you don't have access to a range very often, and you switch clubs all the time. I'm gonna try to keep my setup for as long as I can. The only change I want is to pimp my wedges and reshaft my driver (get this stock junk out, and possibly do the same with my 3 and 5 wood)

I'll also be able to drive by next season, so I'll be able to go to the course whenever I want, I won't have to wait for a ride or ask people for a ride to the course. I can get more practicing/playing in thanks to that. I'm really liking the direction my game is taking- I stopped taking lessons earlier this year and my game actually got a bit better- I'm dialed in a LOT more often... it's just always my start that kills me.

I'm a 8.5 handicapper

I want to come down to a 4 handicap at highest

Limit my mistakes= Stop pulling short irons, dont leave putts short, dont top or slice 3wood, 5-10 more yards with my driver, and learn how to play well on cold wet days. Right now the wind and coldness are my biggest challenge so just making through the next 4-5 months without developing bad habbits should do.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

Age - 15

Handicap - 4.9

Goal HC - 0.0 or lower

Improvements - Gain flexibility and more muscle by working out, become more consistent, improve and control my anger, and learn how to feel lag putts better.

How? - I have been working out everyday at our spa right next to the golf course every night lately, I need to spend more time on my iron/ball striking rather than my chipping and pitching because it couldnt get much better but ball striking could. I also could really use an attitude adjustment on the golf course, but as I'm sure most of you other successful amatuers have found out, its hard to have fun when you strive so hard to win.!. But mabye its just me and I'm too up tight. Another thing I have trouble with are my lag putts from 35ft+, and I am really going to work on those putts a lot, too bad our putting green is soooooo undulating its hard to get a feel for these putts.

Ok Guys,

Gav

Current handicap is 20.4

I want to get to a 10 hcp.

First of all I want to put better. The new putter I will buy for Christmas might be a help.

Second I want to become more consistant.

And third maybe I'll buy a new 3w and learn how to play with it.

Thomas

-My handicap now is a +3.4

-at the end of next year I want it to be around +4.5

-I need to improve my iron play and hole more 10 footers

-I am currently working with my teacher on shallowing my swing so I can have better

distance control with my irons.

-Next season goals are to finish all of my College tourneys in the top 25 and at leat five in the top five.

-My handicap now is a +3.4

-at the end of next year I want it to be around +4.5

-I need to improve my iron play and hole more 10 footers

-I am currently working with my teacher on shallowing my swing so I can have better

distance control with my irons.

-Next season goals are to finish all of my College tourneys in the top 25 and at leat five in the top five.

What school do you go to?

Simon

Ok Guys,

Gav

im a 4 handi

want to get around a 1... yea dosent sound like a big goal but it is... it easy to be a 22 and jump to a 15 but when you get around scratch its harder to drop your handicap

going to get my bag set first then work on my swing flaws

right now to get my bag set is reshafting my driver im putting a MFS 65 in my driver. getting a oil can 52* and going to strip it and then im reshafting my 60* spinmill and looking for shafts to put in my hybrid and looking to reshaft my 3 wood or get a 13*

with my swing the only thing im worryed about is my fast hips... its causeing me to get a over the top cut across it move so i think once i fix that ill be ready to take my PAT

Good thread idea.

-I play off a 6.9 as of right now

-I want to get that down to 4 or below

-I want to improve my distance(doesnt everyone lol), consistancy, and i need to work on a better mental game

-To do this I am going to work out over the winter and read some mental game books. I dont feel that my goal is going to be very difficult for me to acheive but I dont want to say something like i want to be a plus handicap because that is just not realistic.

Current = 14.0 (British)

Next time this year = Single figures, maybe 8 or so

Desparately improve putting... Shot an 87 in a 4 club wind with heavy rain (4 over handicap (beleive me... It was EXTREMELY windy and wet...)) with 38 putts... What could I have been with decent putting???

Practice, practice, practice and practice some more...

1.0 or lower

- I've been better of tracking all my stats this year to understand where I need to improve. I need to get my driving accuracy to over 60% (this year 49% YTD) and my GIRs to over 65% (currently 54% YTD)

- Practice with a purpose!!! And practice more on grass. My ball striking could use some improvement; mats just mask all the drop-kicked irons since they still make it to the target.

- Putt in the office when I'm on conference calls.

Titleist TSI3 8 degree w/Ventus Black 7x
Callaway X Hot Pro 3W 15 degrees
Mizuno CLK Hybrid 16 degrees
Titleist 712U 3 iron w/C-Taper X
Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-W w/Project X 6.0
Titleist Vokey Blue Slate SM7 52, 58, 60 w/ DG S400
Odyssey ProType Black #9

Ok Guys,

Gav

Handicap now- 5.6

Improve handicap to- 1.2 or better

Improvements?- I will gain about five yards on 8-driver. I will decrease the amount of fatigue I feel towards the end of a round. I will become a more consistant putter from distances outside 15 ft.

How will I do this- I've started doing low weight, high rep workouts focusing on the upper body and core muscles to gain a little more muscle mass and increase flexibility :) . I've begun a cardio routine to try to increase stamina. Once I am able to begin practicing again (the snow has to melt first) I am going to start a new putting routine that focuses more on lagging the ball close from longer distances as opposed to trying to make every putt. (It just dawned on me that two putting from long range is acceptable :fool: )

Goal for 2007- Finish in the top 5 at State