First Look: Scotty Cameron Jet Setter H-12

zakkozuchowski

Looks like a few guys couldn't wait to unload theirs in the BST already. First one appears to have sold quickly for a tidy profit, the other two are still there as of now. Curious to see how these others do, and whether the economy will hit the resale on these too.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='PZero' timestamp='1356559691' post='6119599']
Seems like everyone bought theirs to flip it.
[/quote]

And you're surprised by this?

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='PZero' timestamp='1356559691' post='6119599']
Seems like everyone bought theirs to flip it.
[/quote]

when people are getting double the retail or more for these, its hard not to.

917 D2 w/Diamana S+ 60g
Titleist 917F 15* w/Tour AD Di
Titleist 718 AP2s
Adams PNT v1 18* and v2 22*
Vokey SM5 46*
Vokey Cold Forged 52/10
Vokey SM6 Brushed Copper 56/08
Vokey TVD 60*
SC 009 Triple Skulls 350g

Limited release should go to those that want and appreciate the product for what it is, not for those to make a quick buck on a fast turn around.

IMHO, I would love to see Titleist/SC take them off whatever list they're on if caught turning around and selling for higher than MSRP.

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

[quote name='Imp' timestamp='1356638692' post='6124935']
Limited release should go to those that want and appreciate the product for what it is, not for those to make a quick buck on a fast turn around.

IMHO, I would love to see Titleist/SC take them off whatever list they're on if caught turning around and selling for higher than MSRP.

--kC
[/quote]

Maybe in a way it's a reward to the people who have Titleist distribution. They can flip it if they wish, or sell it to great customers like myself :)
When looking at how many are made versus how many are being sold, it's not like it's all of them or even half lolz. I would guess 10-20% might be flipped, the rest go to good homes with owners like myself who will cherish them and have no plans on ever selling them. In fact, the reason Cameron's art holds it value so well is the amount of people who will never sell their items for any price. Out of the 750 released, the general public might only have access to 200 or so when it's all said and done.

Seems like the difference between a Camaro and a Camaro SS without the additional performance. Like taking a regular Camaro... Slapping dual exhaust, some stickers, making it "look" special and then actually finding someone to pay the higher price for it cause it's a " Limited Edition ". I spend money on performance... The 900$ driver comparison is apples to oranges... A better driver with a better shaft would perform better... Have different launch and spin characteristics, and change the way you approach a round or a particular hole. Spray painting mass produced, middle of the road performance and calling it a Limited Edition so people pay out their keister for it is pure marketing and nothing more. It has a market and a place in this world because people chose to create one for it and like any good pimp makin money on his "stable", he just continues to slap and demand more. Now that's hatin for ya!... However, spend away people, spend away, it's your money, you earn it, if that's what you choose to " invest " in then by all means do so. I have one set of clubs, one golf bag, one putter that is about to be replaced, and when my new one gets here, I will give my other one away or toss it. ( it's a Heavy Putter, so I'm just bitter I can't sell it for more than the price of a happy meal and a handshake, lol. ) I think calling a putter an investment is a joke. You have the disposable income, the desire, and the ability to procure them, so do so without passing it off as some long term investment. You want the flippin' thing, so own it man, just own it. Or make a quick buck. Investment? Blah! Art? Blah! It's a putter, an expensive one. So is all custom made equipment, tour owned equipment, or anything else that seems as magical as a unicorn. Buy it, don't buy it, own it, sell it. IT'S JUST A PUTTER. There is nothing special about any of his putters except the paint scheme, the stamping, and who uses them. They perform no better, no worse than the golfer wielding them. I know a pro who putts with a piece of crap, rusted Spaulding. He whoops my butt on a regular basis, and always because the man is money inside 15 feet and I'm not. He laughs when another single or twosome join us and asks what kind of putter it is with a look of disdain on their face... The funny thing is... No one asks about his stroke... Just the Spaulding. I know I'm gonna catch flak... Go ahead.. Can dish and take. Fire away. I did!

9.5 Opti440 - Fujikura Rombax 5Wo6 X

Taylormade 17.9 4 wood - NVX (X)
Adams DHY Hybrid X
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

One more thing... Last time I lit a fire someone insulted me directly.. Do so if ya wish, but please.. PM me so we can argue like grown ups in private... Dispute my opinion all ya like but call me names privately. Please! Let's not argue in front of the children honey!

9.5 Opti440 - Fujikura Rombax 5Wo6 X

Taylormade 17.9 4 wood - NVX (X)
Adams DHY Hybrid X
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

• 2 months later...

I just purchased one. Had to get it on the bay though. Yes it was more than retail, but the prices have gone down since they first came out. Was able to get it for just under a g note. When they first came out and for a while you could not get one for less than $1.5k. I plan to game it for a while because I like the looks/characteristics of it and it seems to be suited well for my putting stroke. I'm sure at some point after gaming it for a while I will sell it and get another one.

I had a good chuckle reading through this thread. Who cares what people spend their $ on? I like putters and buy a lot of them. I much rather pay money and buy SC putters than paying some baby mama child support!

--kC
[/quote]

Titleist is in the business of selling product, which these people buy. Why would they want to cut off someone who is willing to pay Titleist full retail?

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1363311654' post='6614235']

--kC
[/quote]

Titleist is in the business of selling product, which these people buy. Why would they want to cut off someone who is willing to pay Titleist full retail?
[/quote]I'm specifically targeting those that are on 'the list' when all they do is turn around and sell the club with zero intent to play the putter, purely as a profiteering venture. Those spots could be better filled with people that want to reatian ownership, true fans of the product line.

If I were titliest and I found out that there are repeat customers on 'the list' that constantly turn product around for a profit, I'd knock them off the list and make their spots available to those in line. In this day and age, it's not that hard to find out who's profiteering from new releases.

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

Imp, I don't think Scotty cares. He's getting his, and that's what matters. In fact, guys "profiteering" probably helps him, as it creates an underlying demand by folks who don't have access.

And no offense to you personally, but your argument is probably seen by them as sour grapes, by someone who isn't on the list. (For the record, I'm not on the list either)

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

• 8 months later...

[quote name='dxbrobbo' timestamp='1384765561' post='8165614']
What did these retail for at release?

They have one in the proshop in Abu Dhabi National, friend just sent me a pic as he wants a regular GoLo, I told him to check the price tag and he started laughing.

On sale for the equivalent of US$953
[/quote]

Im not 100% sure what the retail was but I want to say they retailed around $800 or so give or take. The ones I have seen sell recently have sold for right around this price.

[quote name='blaird' timestamp='1384784517' post='8166212']
[quote name='dxbrobbo' timestamp='1384765561' post='8165614']
What did these retail for at release?

They have one in the proshop in Abu Dhabi National, friend just sent me a pic as he wants a regular GoLo, I told him to check the price tag and he started laughing.

On sale for the equivalent of US$953
[/quote]

Im not 100% sure what the retail was but I want to say they retailed around $800 or so give or take. The ones I have seen sell recently have sold for right around this price.
[/quote]

Sounds about right once you had the jackupthepricebecuaseitsthemiddleeast Tax