SkyPro - really impressive

On your reset, did the Skypro get deleted from your device list?

If I select 'Reset Network Settings' (resetting of wifi and bluetooth settings) on my iPhone, the Skypro device is NOT deleted from my list of bluetooth devices. That is odd, because it should be removed with selecting that option.

However, if I select the Skypro device in the list of Bluetooth devices in the bluetooth menu and select 'Forget this device' the Skypro device IS deleted from the list of bluetooth devices.

After both situations, when I reconnect again with the Skypro, my iphone connects successfully with the Skypro but the app says the Skypro is not connected.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you rename the Skypro device? Or is that only possible if the app recognizes the device?

I can't rename the Skypro device, because the app does not recognize the device. I contacted Skygolf Customer Support in the UK and they are waiting news from the Skypro development team.

A similar problem has been recorded on the official Skypro forum:

http://clubsg.skygolf.com/forums/support/viewtopic.php?t=14386&6cda7442972f631e8dbc7e1bcf49740f

Hi Srest,

Did you have any luck connecting with your SkyPro over the weekend? Unfortunately this is a new issue for us, so I don't have a fix for you yet. It's also a strange one - sounds like iOS is connecting successfully over Bluetooth, but then neglecting to pass the connection on to our app.

We've never had any issues with that before, but have just recently received a couple reports, including the post you mentioned. That poster fixed his issue by reinstalling iOS. I'm looking for a better fix (since that is a pretty drastic means of solving the problem) but I have no good leads yet. Is your iPod on iOS 9.3.1 as well?

We are unable to replicate the problem here (successfully updated all development and personal devices to 9.3.1 without any problems), so we appreciate the feedback from your end. Sounds like you've already done most of what I'd suggest (including resetting the network settings). I think you mentioned your iPod is fairly new - I assume it still has a lot of storage space on it left?

Gord

Hi Srest,

Did you have any luck connecting with your SkyPro over the weekend? Unfortunately this is a new issue for us, so I don't have a fix for you yet. It's also a strange one - sounds like iOS is connecting successfully over Bluetooth, but then neglecting to pass the connection on to our app.

We've never had any issues with that before, but have just recently received a couple reports, including the post you mentioned. That poster fixed his issue by reinstalling iOS. I'm looking for a better fix (since that is a pretty drastic means of solving the problem) but I have no good leads yet. Is your iPod on iOS 9.3.1 as well?

We are unable to replicate the problem here (successfully updated all development and personal devices to 9.3.1 without any problems), so we appreciate the feedback from your end. Sounds like you've already done most of what I'd suggest (including resetting the network settings). I think you mentioned your iPod is fairly new - I assume it still has a lot of storage space on it left?

Gord

Hi Gord,

Thank you for your response. I don't have an iPod, I have an iPhone 5. I am running the latest iOS version (9.3.1), have only a few apps installed and more than 10 GB free space. Bluetooth is working on my iPhone, because I can connect to my Bose speaker.

Yesterday I did a complete reset of my iPhone (back to factory/default settings) and reinstalled the Skypro app. However the problem still persists. I am out of solutions. I hope you have a solution, because I am not able to use my Skypro with my iPhone 5.

Hi Peter,

I think you're probably on the latest firmware - we haven't made any real changes to the firmware since early production. We are capable of changing some aspects of the firmware via the app, but those would have already happened in the background for you. I will be sure to post on here if we do come out with a firmware upgrade.

Unless I misunderstand you, Putting should already display after impact. You should see the club and swing trail come through the ball. That's not true for the full swing, however. The difference is that our sensors are much more affected by the heavy impact of a full swing than a putt. There is a good portion of the follow-through (probably almost half), in which we don't get reliable data from the sensors. I know a few of our competitors have tried to interpolate what happened to the club during this phase, but we feel that the guesswork involved with that could easily make it more harmful than useful.

Sorry to hear you weren't successful sroest. I do have some more tools to help us debug the problem, I'll private message you about them.

Gord

Gord dunno if you saw it, kind of a crazy documentation to find the putting error with the Skypro. From post #20 I realize the Skypro is extremely accurate and I am the problem. Now the problem was with the follow through and that is why I would liked to have seen the full arc. Also it would have been helpful to not see it as a strip as option but see it as a line like the sam Putlab shows.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1320658-putting-dont-leave-your-putting-arc-for-the-hole/page__pid__13464490__st__30#entry13464490

Anyone know if the skypro will work with an s7 edge

Notice the remark under "Devices Supported" at page:

http://www.golfskypro.com/blog/skypro-now-available-android-update-groove-plane-mode-added-and-newer-nexus-7-supported

Why don't you install the free Skypro app and check if all functions are displaying correctly?

Hello everyone.

I have a device I bought a few months ago but havent used yet cause of the winter. I tested it pairing to my phone once I got it and it seems to work out fine. I have charged it regularly even tho it havent been used at the range.

Now I cant connect to the device at all even if Ive charged it fully. Ive tried the reset options with the skypro sitting in the box without the wire for a while. Gonna leave it charging all night even if it "says its fully charged now just to try. Any ideas what to do?

I had a problem with my Skypro for the first time last range session. I was having problems calibrating during the swing back and forth phase. I thought it might be the 32 unsaved swings it kept prompting me to delete or upload every time I started skypro. For some reason it wouldn't upload. After numerous attempts I just hit the option to delete the swings. After a phone reboot I was finally able to complete calibration per usual. However, after trying hitting a ball I found the app to be locked up. Rebooted the phone, started up Skypro app, successfully calibrated my driver, hit a ball, and found the app locked up again. Any suggestions?

Peter_b: The image in the post you linked to is incredible! I haven't seen numbers that consistent outside of our putting robot that we use for testing. Amazing.

Ofortuna: That is strange. Have you tried reseting the SkyPro? You can do that put putting the SkyPro in its case, with the case unplugged, for 10 seconds. If that doesn't fix it, do you have another phone or tablet/iPod you can try using? Is your phone almost out of available space?

Gord

I ruined my spypro battery by leaving it in the bag not in its charge cradle for a long time without proper battery compensation (lyf distractions). When I connect it to charge it doesn't want to start charging. It will eventually recharge. After using it for a few minutes it's dead again.

If I can get the battery technical details I will remove it from the Skypro and attempt to charge it and deplete it a few times using a proper charger. This battery CPR probably won't revive it, so I will have to replace it, but either way I need the battery details and preferably a channel to buy this exact battery type.

Anyone have the battery details or had to do this?

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUz5cMht6OE"]I like to tee the ball up.. using man sized clubs.[/url]

[quote name='MonteScheinblum' timestamp='1496985379' post='15667418']
[quote name='mothman65' timestamp='1496984980' post='15667404']
Is Melbourne getting any closer to happening Momte?
[/quote]

Still need some more, but it's pretty likely I'll come. Just don't know when yet.
[/quote]

Peter_b: The image in the post you linked to is incredible! I haven't seen numbers that consistent outside of our putting robot that we use for testing. Amazing.

Ofortuna: That is strange. Have you tried reseting the SkyPro? You can do that put putting the SkyPro in its case, with the case unplugged, for 10 seconds. If that doesn't fix it, do you have another phone or tablet/iPod you can try using? Is your phone almost out of available space?

Gord

I used it for putting today and it's working fine. Thanks Gord. I saw in another thread that there's a way to set shaft length and lie after calibration but I can't find how on my android.

It appears leaving the Skypro battery drained is an issue effecting battery life. When not in use, my Skypro has always been in the charging dock and connected to my monitor's usb hub so it's always topped off. So far no battery issues.

Gord, this is now very important if you want to make the Skypro a useful putting tool. My friend has these numbers but that putting style is not good even with those numbers. His distance control sucks and he sometimes hits the green. The reason is he moves the putter on the line, for that he has to move his putter hovering over the green meaning he has to elongate and reduce arm length while keeping the putter square to the target line the whole time. That is a crazy complicated move. No one putts like him I met in 30 years of golf, no one.

Now the skypro correctly only measures him, that’s why its similar to the putting robot who also has a vertical putting plane, not the 99.999999999% golfers out there. You need to ask for the radius (ball to belly /2) and calculate the arc, I gave you the formula to calculate the plane. Then you can talk inside and outside the plane.

Hi, Ive emailed skypro directly but maybe someone knows this easily. One of my alerts is shaft lean at address. That was fine as I did that purposely but now I neutralised it and it's still registers 6 degrees fwd. I even put my hands way behind and it's still 6 degrees fwd. thoughts?

Edit: I searched this thread and found an answer. Maybe not a great answer but I get it. Otherwise the device continues to outperform.

Suggestions for improvents Skypro software

I have been using the Skypro swing analyzer for a few months now and I came across a few things that might be improved (I hope a Skypro developer is reading this). Here are my suggestions:

My hardware/software: iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1.2 and Skypro version 2.1.2

1. With a few putts I get alerts that I should not have received, because the values were inside my alert ranges. For instance I received a rise angle 0 degree (very down) alert while my rise angle settings were: min 0 degree up, max 6 degree up. Another example: I received a shaft angle 65 degree from the ground alert, while my alert settings were: min 65 degree and max 75 degree from the ground.

2. The numbers in focus mode are easy to read from a greater distance, but the words on the right like 'Forward'/Backward', 'In-to-out/Out-to-in', 'Closed/Open', etc. are hard to read when your phone is not at arm length which is often the case because you have a club in both hands ;-) If a few characters in bold are added to the right of the number (like 'C' for closed, 'U' for up, 'I-O' for in-to-out, etc.) the word on the right would be much easier to interpret from a greater distance.

3. Groove mode does not work on my iPhone 4 (iPhone 4 is listed as compatible Apple device in Skypro FAQ page of Skypro website). App hangs when I select Groove mode. Can you please make Groove mode work on the iPhone 4?

4. In the pro data table there are occurrences of "-0" (minus zero). Looks silly.

5. In several modes swing tempo is displayed with 2 decimals. Do people really want to know that their tempo is 2,08 or 2,12? Isn't 2,1 sufficient enough and easier to read? More detail is not always better.

6. If you select a swing, that swing is not automatically selected when changing modes. For instance if I select swing 1 in the Pro data table and want to see how that swing looks like, I select Swing mode. However, not swing 1 is displayed but your latest swing. If you have made more than 1000 swings, you have to scroll through a lot of swings to get to number 1. Why not selecting the current swing when changing modes? Saves a lot of scrolling.

I finally got the Skypro app (release 2.1.2) working on my iPhone 5 (iOS 9.3.1). For the first time I was able to use the groove mode (function did not work on iPhone 4). After making 10 putts with "Face angle @ impact" a few statistics are displayed and I noticed 2 errors in them:

1) Rounding of the values must have been done incorrectly, because they don't match with the values of the last 10 putts in the Pro Data Table.

2) On the last line of the statistics 'Highest' was mentioned while it should have been 'Lowest"

This has probably been asked before. When I go to calibrate club it just says align the skypro with the leading edge of the club. I thought the point of the skypro was that you didn't need to align it? On the youtube videos it says you should put the phone on the face of the club and move around.

My phone doesn't have a gyroscope so I have to do it manually. How accurate is manual calibration?

This has probably been asked before. When I go to calibrate club it just says align the skypro with the leading edge of the club. I thought the point of the skypro was that you didn't need to align it? On the youtube videos it says you should put the phone on the face of the club and move around.

My phone doesn't have a gyroscope so I have to do it manually. How accurate is manual calibration?

Are you sure your phone is compatible? I guess it is an Android phone? I would check the list of compatible android phones.

That you have to 'calibrate' the SkyPro is one of the big advantages over other swing sensors as they have no clue where the clubface is actually pointing

It is compatible but you have to align the Sypro with the clubface. I saw on the website they added a manuel calibration feature so more phones are combatible. The main reason why I chose the Skypro was the auto calibration. Luckily my tablet has a gyroscope in it so I can do the automatic calibration.

Another question. Where is the battery life indicator on Android? I looked on the website and it only shows iPhone, which is the circle around the Bluetooth symbol but on android their is no circle around the Bluetooth symbol.

Well after just 5 days it looks like my SkyPro is dead. It won't connect to my phone or tablet via bluetooth. I can't see the red light blinking on the on the SkyPro. I put it in the charging case (not charging) for 1 min and tried it again. Still nothing. I charged it for 1.5 hrs, the red light on the charging case wasn't flashing it just stayed on. Still won't connect. I cleaned the pins. Still nothing.

Guys, I need your help. Please put your skypro on the putter and calibrate it. Don't forget to set the club length, lie and loft at the end of calibration (little box in the top right). At least length and lie.

IMG_2591.jpg

Then putt five times recording with the skypro as you always putt, upload the picture somewhere and post the pro data table of those 5 putts here:

http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry13569916

If you don't know the thread, don't bother now. Just putt like you always do.

should look like this (without the red box):

IMG_2547.jpg

Thank you fellow Skypro users!

Would help me a lot.

Well i have had my skypro for 5 weeks now and its dead.Will not charge.

I have tried twice now its just sits and blinks red for hours.When i try to connect it to my ipad nothing happens.

i have tried to reset it by putting it in the box unplugged for 10 seconds,that did not help.I also tried a different cable and that did not help.

Anyone have any suggestions other than what i have tried. Thanks William