SkyPro - really impressive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I mention this about the skypro data.

I've been fighting with my brain about the data.

I to was inside to very inside half way back even though I was hitting my best.

I grooved a straight halfway back swing and hit slices, pulls etc after trying to correct.

Looking at the data it didn't really mean any difference if I was out or in to a good or bad shot.

After more than a year I've realised that I must record the shot as fade, draw, push etc and work to what suits me.

The reason is I think is that I set up with a slightly closed face and if I don't I can't make a straight face on impact. Of course this shows and inside halfway back path.

So as I say, I will now record and hit to what suits me.

Any thoughts?

Thought I mention this about the skypro data.

I've been fighting with my brain about the data.

I to was inside to very inside half way back even though I was hitting my best.

I grooved a straight halfway back swing and hit slices, pulls etc after trying to correct.

Looking at the data it didn't really mean any difference if I was out or in to a good or bad shot.

After more than a year I've realised that I must record the shot as fade, draw, push etc and work to what suits me.

The reason is I think is that I set up with a slightly closed face and if I don't I can't make a straight face on impact. Of course this shows and inside halfway back path.

So as I say, I will now record and hit to what suits me.

Any thoughts?

If you align with a closed clubface (lets say pointing at 11 o'clock instead of 12 o'clock) but your takeaway and downswing have a path of 0 (as with TrackMan) then SkyPro would see your takeaway to be along the 11 o'clock - 5 o'clock line (taking away on the outside and returning it over the top). SkyPro knows exactly where the clubface is pointing but it doesn't know where the target is. It assumes the clubface points at the target.

So always keep that in mind!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No one has mentioned it yet but I can confirm Skypro works fine with all models of iPad, from the smallest Mini to even the largest Pro.

Regarding using the device I will echo others in this thread. The biggest shock is how little your swing and club face change even when you feel like you are making very different moves. Groove mode is really the star here since it allows you to develop the new feel with feedback.

Two observations. Monte's no turn cast drill really works great. It is neat to see how the improved action is shown in the numbers instantly. On the downside, SkyPro does not detect swing with the Faldo drill, which is unfortunate since I loved that one.

Also it would be great if we can get more pro swings.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone had issues with their Skypro not charging? I hadto send at least two back because the charging unit's light does not go on and it doesn't charge the device. The last two I had I only had for a couple weeks each and had the same issue with both. Just sent another back today. Customer service has been great to replace these but it's a pain to send it back and be without one periodically. I just want one that works long term!

Has anyone had issues with their Skypro not charging? I hadto send at least two back because the charging unit's light does not go on and it doesn't charge the device. The last two I had I only had for a couple weeks each and had the same issue with both. Just sent another back today. Customer service has been great to replace these but it's a pain to send it back and be without one periodically. I just want one that works long term!

Yes. I bought one from rockbottomgolf. After about 3 weeks it wouldn't connect to my phone. I sent them an email and they sent me another one. After about 6 weeks the new one wouldn't charge (exact same symptoms as you) I sent them an email and said I didn't want another one since I couldn't be bothered with the hassle anymore. Rockbottom gave me a $175 voucher when I only paid $145. And I didn't need to send the old ones back. Great customer service on their behalf.

You must have a lot of patience. More than me anyway.

So what has happened with the Skypro's not charging. Thats what happened to mine.

I was thinking about getting another one,but i see there is still a problem with them not wanting to charge.

Also read on amazon people having the same problem.

When id the last time Gord was on here? Maybe he can shed some light on why there not wanting to charge.

Yes. I bought one from rockbottomgolf. After about 3 weeks it wouldn't connect to my phone. I sent them an email and they sent me another one. After about 6 weeks the new one wouldn't charge (exact same symptoms as you) I sent them an email and said I didn't want another one since I couldn't be bothered with the hassle anymore. Rockbottom gave me a $175 voucher when I only paid $145. And I didn't need to send the old ones back. Great customer service on their behalf.

You must have a lot of patience. More than me anyway.

The problem is I really like the product and feel it has helped me a lot. It's helped me be much more consistent day in and day out and I don't want to give that up so I hope I can get my hands on a unit that lasts for more than 2-3 weeks. It's getting kind of ridiculous.

Yes . I agree. I loved the idea of instant feedback. If you are making swing changes it is great to see if you are doing them correctly and to see if "feel is real."

I just got fed up. I don't live in the US and it took a week to get here. Then I was worried that I would get one but it would crap out after 6 months and I wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

Is there any way to capture shaft angle with lead arm parallel to ground, so like P3 and P5 I guess? I'm working on overcoming a kind of laid-off takeaway and limited wrist set so it would be nice to know what the club is doing at P3 in particular. Thinking it through, I suppose the sensor would have no idea what the arm is doing?

Maybe it could team up with the Apple Watch ?

Many Hands make Light Work. Many Eyes make Accurate Work. gWRX - the Greatest golf forum on the Internets :).

• 3 weeks later...

It should be noted that the SkyPro does NOT comes with its own charger. So this means that it's a total crap shoot as to what kind of charger people are using with their devices. Chargers are not all created equal when it comes to the wall charger types. Look at the charger specs and note how they differ in the current being delivered. I think it would be interesting to gather data from those golfers regarding what chargers they've been using that have had led to problems. Post your charger's specs in this thread and let's see if there's a common issue.

My guess is that people running into problems may be using higher amperage chargers. Sure they'll charge your devices faster, but they will also will tax the battery health over time.

I am a new SkyPro owner (had it a couple weeks now). I really like the putting mode and it's been very eye opening to see where my stroke needs work. However, I'm disappointed in how the data is displayed in the "Pro Data Table" view. SkyPro shows the tempo to the hundredth decimal place and the face angle @impact is to the tenths. Shouldn't we also be getting the other data at least to the tenths in accuracy? In putting, a half a degree is a big deal. So I don't like that the shaft directions, angles, and lofts are only shown in whole numbers. I'm sure they probably have the more accurate numbers in there so this is probably easily fixed by changing how the numbers are shown.

Gord can this be handled in the next update?

Does this work with half-swings at all?

Yes.

Does it work with Galaxys/Android?

This looks a bit out of date, but the general answer is yes.

http://www.golfskypro.com/blog/skypro-now-available-android-update-groove-plane-mode-added-and-newer-nexus-7-supported

TM SIM2 9*
TM SIM2 3 and 5 woods
TM SIM2 3 hybrid
Ping i210 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
Ping Glide 2,0 wedges 54SS/58ES  - Recoil 95 F3
TM Spider Tour
TM Tour Response

Does this work with half-swings at all? Does it work with Galaxys/Android?

For Android it useful to have a phone that has a gyroscope. Then you can calibrate the club when attaching the SkyPro. If your phone doesn't have a gyroscope you will have to align the SkyPro with the clubface using just your eyes. I also found out the android app is missing some stuff compared to the apple one. I didn't have a battery life indicator and you couldn't adjust/customize your club.

• 2 weeks later...

So how does groove mode work? Downloaded the program to poke around in, and saw groove mode allows you to set parameters or use two reference swings. How do you know what you should set custom parameters to? Are there any other swings available beyond the two included?

Take a look at some of your swing alerts (readings outside the recommended ranges). If you click on an alert for more information, typically you will be shown a more "normal" reading. For example, if your shaft direction at the top of the swing is way across the line (say a reading of -10%), then you would want to shoot for a number that is closer to zero.

TM SIM2 9*
TM SIM2 3 and 5 woods
TM SIM2 3 hybrid
Ping i210 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
Ping Glide 2,0 wedges 54SS/58ES  - Recoil 95 F3
TM Spider Tour
TM Tour Response

this device is great I will say that it is temperamental on whether it will close correctly in the case you will hear a distinctive latch and if the light is not blinking while on charge then the device is not stored correctly in the case usually not sure about the battery drain due to not using it I have not experienced any of that yet had the device for about a year

One thing that would be great would be to have a bluetooth emitting device that you can lay on the ground as your target line. The device would then be able to tell you face at address and impact more accurately.

SwingByte does this via video (to determine the target line). Video is a feature that has been long requested, but I doubt we're ever going to see it with the SkyPro.

this device is great I will say that it is temperamental on whether it will close correctly in the case you will hear a distinctive latch and if the light is not blinking while on charge then the device is not stored correctly in the case usually not sure about the battery drain due to not using it I have not experienced any of that yet had the device for about a year

yes. the first device i had, the orange and white started to separate so it would not close the case fully. had to push it firmly closed and it would latch. also, the separation is what prevented the bluetooth from staying connected to my iphone. so, i taped the old one and use that for full swings while my new one i only use for putting.

• 2 weeks later...