SkyPro - really impressive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone repaired one that won't charge themselves?

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUz5cMht6OE"]I like to tee the ball up.. using man sized clubs.[/url]

[quote name='MonteScheinblum' timestamp='1496985379' post='15667418']
[quote name='mothman65' timestamp='1496984980' post='15667404']
Is Melbourne getting any closer to happening Momte?
[/quote]

Still need some more, but it's pretty likely I'll come. Just don't know when yet.
[/quote]

Another question I have involves the face angle at address and how it impacts readings if say you open up or close you stance relaive to the ball?

Through the calibration the SkyPro knows where the clubfaces is. It then assumes that the target line is where the clubface is pointing. If you aim with your clubface closed you will likely get a 'very inside' takeaway. If you aim with an open clubface it would tell you you have a 'very outside' takeaway - even if you take it straight back to your real target line.

Another question I have involves the face angle at address and how it impacts readings if say you open up or close you stance relaive to the ball?

Through the calibration the SkyPro knows where the clubfaces is. It then assumes that the target line is where the clubface is pointing. If you aim with your clubface closed you will likely get a 'very inside' takeaway. If you aim with an open clubface it would tell you you have a 'very outside' takeaway - even if you take it straight back to your real target line.

Are any other measurements sensitive to the proper face angle at address? (shaft lean, face angle at half, shaft angle at the top of the BS, etc)

Are any other measurements sensitive to the proper face angle at address? (shaft lean, face angle at half, shaft angle at the top of the BS, etc)

Sorry don't know. I am just a user.

Another question I have also has to do with shaft lean. As clubs have natural shaft lean angles built in (lob wedge a bit forward), is that what skypro is measuring? Or is Skypro measuring any additional shaft lean someone adds to the lean already built in to the club?

Shaft lean is simply the angle of the club shaft with respect to the vertical axis (at impact or at address). I don't think there is any such thing as built-in shaft lean as far as club design is concerned; you can play a lob wedge with 0 degrees shaft lean or positive shaft lean or negative shaft lean. Skypro will just give you the angle between the shaft and the vertical axis at address and at impact regardless of what club you have in your hand, be it driver or lob wedge.

Even more questions.......at what point would Skypro give a warning about face angle at half-back/half-down? I've down swings with o* to 30* closed. There's a pretty acceptable range of playing golf from those angles? I find if I play with a closed angle, I hit some fat chunks, but have seen lots here say they play from that.

Even more questions.......at what point would Skypro give a warning about face angle at half-back/half-down? I've down swings with o* to 30* closed. There's a pretty acceptable range of playing golf from those angles? I find if I play with a closed angle, I hit some fat chunks, but have seen lots here say they play from that.

The alerts are all configurable. So are you asking about the default settings for this particular alert or what would be a good setting for the alerts for your swing? Keep in mind that there are multiple schools of thought regarding the correct face angle at halfway down. I subscribe to face angle matching your spine angle which is viewed as about 30* closed (depending on the club in use). So clearly I have had to adjust the default alert settings.

The alerts are all configurable. So are you asking about the default settings for this particular alert or what would be a good setting for the alerts for your swing? Keep in mind that there are multiple schools of thought regarding the correct face angle at halfway down. I subscribe to face angle matching your spine angle which is viewed as about 30* closed (depending on the club in use). So clearly I have had to adjust the default alert settings.

Interesting, I've never seen the option to change the parameters for alerts, unless you mean only in groove mode?

• 4 weeks later...

Golf_Nerd: If you message me I can send you a replacement kit with more pads and a better adhesive. We do have a design change already in the works, but it's not ready yet.

Gord

Contacted website. Got a chat going but with an AI??? Was told pads don't exist, but someone would contact me by email. Kept asking me for a serial number and there isn't one where 'it' said.

Can you help me out, Gord?

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting, I've never seen the option to change the parameters for alerts, unless you mean only in groove mode?

On the menu -> Alert Settings

So what has happened with the Skypro's not charging. Thats what happened to mine.

I was thinking about getting another one,but i see there is still a problem with them not wanting to charge.

Also read on amazon people having the same problem.

When id the last time Gord was on here? Maybe he can shed some light on why there not wanting to charge.

The lights on my charger wouldn't work and I had to confirm the charge by looking at the app on my phone. SkyPro did send me a new charger as soon as I called her.

This thread is pretty long and I haven't read all 58 pages. But I have a skypro and at first I thought it was much better than the Swingbyte I was using. I used it with an 8 and 7 iron and really liked the data and the readout. But I have a couple of issues.

1. Using the phone is difficult to see, and I cant use it with an iPad, as calibrating with an iPad is a nightmare. Its simply too big to calibrate with.

2. #1 would be okay if the swings would sync with the iPad which would be the next best option if I can only use the iPhone, but they don't. And in this cloud world that we live in, that should be simple.

3. How do you guys calibrate with a driver when the driver face is curved. The Skypro people are trying to tell me that I can calibrate on an iron then move the device to the driver, but that does not seem intuitive to me, (and I don't trust the skypro techs, when chatted and called, I didn't get the feeling that would know a golf club if it hit them on the head).

And I wish that the club info would be saved on the device so that that loft, lie and length data wouldn't have to be entered each time.

What am I missing here.

p.s. I just made a change to my profile on my phone and that change now shows up on the iPad app, so, Syncing should be simple. Again, can I sync??

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: PXG 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S

Irons: Takomo IRON 101, 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges: Cleveland CBX ZipCore  48* Accra T90i S, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: Evnroll ER 1.2, Tour KBS GPS, 33",
 SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: Callaway Fairway 14 Stand Bag / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit
Accessories: Arccos 360 / Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

Well, I sort of found a sync work around. I can send the swings from my phone by email. Them open then in the app on the ipad. Only thing is it bunched all the swings as 8 iron. So I had 16 - 8i swings and 11 - 7i swings. All 27 were sent as 8i swings. I'll keep playing with it. But you would think the Skypro tech would known that.

Update: I deleted the imported swings from the iPad, resent in two groups. They imported correctly that time. It's a PITA, but works.

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S

SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0
Bag/Cart: Callaway Fairway 14 Stand Bag / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit

Well my Skypro crapped out again. This one lasted for 3.5 months, so longer than the others. But the issue is the same, won't charge, won't connect to my phone. Brutal. This is probably the 6th or 7th unit I've had. Luckily it's still in warranty and Skypro has been good about replacing the defective units but it's a major pain and these things should last longer than a few months at a time. I don't even use it that much. While I have had this unit for 3.5 months I only used it enough to go through one whole battery depletion. Then the unit doesn't charge and I send it back in for a replacement. Ridiculous.

@dbors

"And I wish that the club info would be saved on the device so that that loft, lie and length data wouldn't have to be entered each time"

The club information can be saved, when you finished editing the spec the save button is top right of the screen

Calibrating driver is a little trickier because of budge and roll but it works reasonably effectively.

It would be nice to be able to transfer the whole database between devices, I have a halfway house solution using an iPad mini which is a bit easier to use for reviewing the swings while still small enough to make calibration straight forward.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone downloaded the new software update? I did and now it's difficult to switch between different swings. You used to be able to easily do so by clicking the MPH box on the screen where the graphic of the golfer appears. Now it either doesn't switch or you need to click it 10 times or so before it takes.

Has anyone downloaded the new software update? I did and now it's difficult to switch between different swings. You used to be able to easily do so by clicking the MPH box on the screen where the graphic of the golfer appears. Now it either doesn't switch or you need to click it 10 times or so before it takes.

I am running the latest version on my iPhone 5 and switching from swing to swing using the MPH box causes no delay. Which version iPhone do you use? How much free memory do you have? Have you installed a lot of apps?

I am running the latest version on my iPhone 5 and switching from swing to swing using the MPH box causes no delay. Which version iPhone do you use? How much free memory do you have? Have you installed a lot of apps?

Thanks. I have the iPhone 7 and plenty of memory available. I have the most up to date operating system installed. I have another phone that is a 6. I will try it on that phone and see if I have the same issues.

Yep, I am suffering frequent crashes and a few display errors.

Is the new software update for iPhone or Android, the Android app does not appear to have been upgraded for a long time?

I am running an ipad pro with ios 10.2. So it is the latest IOS update of the app. This was needed because all of the html help information failed to display on ios 10.

Errors include displaying the source code id for display labels rather than the label text value and the app hangs from time to time when comparing two swings.

The app seems stable now, but swings still aren't being shared between devices. I have an iPad and iPhone. Swings are on the phone. Would like to view them n the iPad. Is that an unreasonable expectation.

SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0

• 1 month later...

Well after just 5 days it looks like my SkyPro is dead. It won't connect to my phone or tablet via bluetooth. I can't see the red light blinking on the on the SkyPro. I put it in the charging case (not charging) for 1 min and tried it again. Still nothing. I charged it for 1.5 hrs, the red light on the charging case wasn't flashing it just stayed on. Still won't connect. I cleaned the pins. Still nothing.

Was just browsing this thread since I revived mine from the dead, and this post seems like a good place to jump in.

Basically gave up on my SkyPro, because I was having the same problem...the device wouldn't sync with my iPhone 6 Plus w/up-to-date IOS. The Bluetooth function on my phone recognized that the device was there but would not connect. Tried a couple of reboots, realized the insanity of more attempts than that, and stuck the thing on a charger on a table in my den and forgot about it. Remembered it a few months later, tried the sync thing again, and failed. Back to the table.

Recently videoed my swing and spotted a flaw that the groove mode on SkyPro would be very helpful in fixing. So this time I deleted and reinstalled the app on my phone, took out the device, and it synced instantly. No problems calibrating either.

May not be the fix for everybody, but that's what worked for me. For now.

So now I have a battery life question: I read somewhere in this thread that it's best to keep the device on its charger, when not in use, so as not to let the battery drain completely. The question is, instead of keeping it on the table, where I'm apt to run out the house without it, is it okay to keep it on a USB port in my car where I'll always have it handy? Is intermittent charging while the car being driven a good in or a bad thing in terms of battery life and performance?

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

How is this compared to Zepp 2 Golf?

Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5 Stock Alta (need shaft fitting)
Fairway Wood: Ryoma F5
Hybrid: TaylorMade M6 4H & 6H
Irons: OnOff Kuro 2015 6 - PW
Wedge: Cleveland RTX4 50, 54 and 58
Putter: S.C. GoLo 3
Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
Club hoe, builder, fitter and tester as hobbyist since 1993