SkyPro - really impressive

Well i have had my skypro for 5 weeks now and its dead.Will not charge.

I have tried twice now its just sits and blinks red for hours.When i try to connect it to my ipad nothing happens.

i have tried to reset it by putting it in the box unplugged for 10 seconds,that did not help.I also tried a different cable and that did not help.

Anyone have any suggestions other than what i have tried. Thanks William

Mine won't connect to my phone either, but that was after 6 days. I used the live chat on Skygolf website but they basically just repeat what's in the FAQ. They will then tell you to contact Skygolf by phone.

It has a 1 year warranty. Do you live in USA? The warranty is only valid if you live in America. I found that out the hard way.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried twice now its just sits and blinks red for hours.When i try to connect it to my ipad nothing happens.

i have tried to reset it by putting it in the box unplugged for 10 seconds,that did not help.I also tried a different cable and that did not help.

Did you upgrade your iPad to iOS 9.3.1 recently? Look for a solution at the Skypro forum on the Skygolf website. Else start a chat session with Skygolf.

Did you upgrade your iPad to iOS 9.3.1 recently? Look for a solution at the Skypro forum on the Skygolf website. Else start a chat session with Skygolf.

Yep iPad is updated. Amazon is going to let me return it even though its past 30 days.To only have something for this short of time and it stopped working is a little disappointing. I could understand if they were just coming out and had bugs in them,but that's not the case.I was thinking about a skytrak,but will rethink that now.

Yep iPad is updated. Amazon is going to let me return it even though its past 30 days.To only have something for this short of time and it stopped working is a little disappointing. I could understand if they were just coming out and had bugs in them,but that's not the case.I was thinking about a skytrak,but will rethink that now.

A few Skypro connection problems started when people upgraded their iOS to 9.3. Since your Skypro has been working in the past it seems to me that your problem can be solved.

In the Skypro forum on the Skygolf website a thread is discussing pairing problems after upgrading to iOS 9.3.1. Have you read that section and tried the suggested solutions?

Have you tried resetting your iPad network connections?

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the Skypro app?

If none of the suggested solutions worked, have you contacted Skygolf support using chat or by telephone?

Your conclusion is that the problem is in the Skypro app, but the Skypro app works on iOS. The problem could as well be in iOS or even in your iPad ;-)

A few Skypro connection problems started when people upgraded their iOS to 9.3. Since your Skypro has been working in the past it seems to me that your problem can be solved.

In the Skypro forum on the Skygolf website a thread is discussing pairing problems after upgrading to iOS 9.3.1. Have you read that section and tried the suggested solutions?

Have you tried resetting your iPad network connections?

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the Skypro app?

If none of the suggested solutions worked, have you contacted Skygolf support using chat or by telephone?

Your conclusion is that the problem is in the Skypro app, but the Skypro app works on iOS. The problem could as well be in iOS or even in your iPad ;-)

I don't think connection problem has anything to do with it charging.I don't think i had connection problems because its dead and want charge.Even after having it on the chargers for hours and taken it off charge the little light inside the skypro does not light up with movement.

I had the same problem with my battery until recently it does not connect at all.

I have contacted Skypro via telephone and chat.

They say it is not serviceable.

Considering phones and other small electronics have lithium polymer batteries that give in on a regular basis this make our Skypro have a limited lifespan and certainly not worth the cash when there is no service available.

I too was just about to buy a Skytrak but I can only see that going the same way

Rockbottomgolf are sending me another one. I not sure if I want it though because I'm scared it's going to die again but this time at a later date so it won't be under warranty.

I did notice, the other one I got, after it finished charging the red light on the charger went off instead of staying on like they it says when a full charge has been completed.

Well this is frustrating. I was on the verge of buying this device. I have read all 56 pages, but the most recent posts indicate that there are frequent connectivity and/or battery issues. I have an iphone 5 with iOS 9.3.1. Regardless, if the battery is going to die eventually and it costs $90 to replace (as was indicated in a previous post) that kind of seems like a rip-off. Hate it too because I love the data this device provides. Any other recommendations? I was also considering the Zepp 2.

Well this is frustrating. I was on the verge of buying this device. I have read all 56 pages, but the most recent posts indicate that there are frequent connectivity and/or battery issues. I have an iphone 5 with iOS 9.3.1. Regardless, if the battery is going to die eventually and it costs $90 to replace (as was indicated in a previous post) that kind of seems like a rip-off. Hate it too because I love the data this device provides. Any other recommendations? I was also considering the Zepp 2.

I have a iPhone 5 too. The Skypro works fine with that phone on iOS 9.3.1 and iOS 9.3.2. Don't get scared by bad batteries. If you have any problems with your battery in the first months I am sure Skygolf will send you a replacement.

IMO the swing data you need is found by watching ballflight. Everything should be done because of ballflight not some electronic gizmo.

I agree ballflight tells a lot, but how do you see you have a positive angle of attack with your driver? How do you improve your swing speed without knowing your clubhead speed? How do you work on your tempo? How do you improve your putting alignment and putting stroke without knowing your swingpath and face angle? I have learned a few things about my swing using Skypro and have made adjustments using Skypro.

Sorry I'm late to this thread, how does this compared to Zepp?

Hi, i have both, in fact, used both yesterday. I originally like the zepp better as it's on your glove and you don't have to keep switching off of the shaft. another advantage is they are better at helping you learn how to fix stuff as you can see some pro stats and there is a community of people feeding in their data and tips so you can share and learn.

But, over time, i have come to use the skypro almost exclusively because it gives you more numbers at more points in the swing, etc...but the biggest is thing is SkyPro works on your putter and the Zepp does not. I also understand from skypro that they will be adding pro data into the app so you can see how you compare vs the pros (Callaway uses skypro with their stable).

Finally, zepp has migrated to 'let me sell you an improvement programme' bs from teaching pros through the app. i really don't want that. and, zepp came out with V2, a totally new device like 1 year after v1. my v1 still works as they do updates but skypro has not tried to sell me new devices, skypro also update periodically.

edit: had both for a couple of years and no maintenance, battery issues, no problems at all.....

Hi, i have both, in fact, used both yesterday. I originally like the zepp better as it's on your glove and you don't have to keep switching off of the shaft. another advantage is they are better at helping you learn how to fix stuff as you can see some pro stats and there is a community of people feeding in their data and tips so you can share and learn.

But, over time, i have come to use the skypro almost exclusively because it gives you more numbers at more points in the swing, etc...but the biggest is thing is SkyPro works on your putter and the Zepp does not. I also understand from skypro that they will be adding pro data into the app so you can see how you compare vs the pros (Callaway uses skypro with their stable).

Finally, zepp has migrated to 'let me sell you an improvement programme' bs from teaching pros through the app. i really don't want that. and, zepp came out with V2, a totally new device like 1 year after v1. my v1 still works as they do updates but skypro has not tried to sell me new devices, skypro also update periodically.

edit: had both for a couple of years and no maintenance, battery issues, no problems at all.....

Do you think the Zepp does anything better than the Skypro? For example, do you think the Zepp is more accurate with plane (i.e. hand plane/club plane)?

Do you think the Zepp does anything better than the Skypro? For example, do you think the Zepp is more accurate with plane (i.e. hand plane/club plane)?

You could argue that Zepp is little more accurate or maybe it is more inconsistent since it is on the back of your glove and can show weird little things at transition. The skypro on the shaft was obviously more consistent and smooth looking.

As far as numbers are concerned they are both the same so i got some confidence there.

I like that zepp "scores" the swing, in a sense, they base the score on what's important. you can see your progress or know if one swing mistake is more damaging than another. they give you drills to fix and access to all other users. so, after a session you just go to their analysis section and they will have identified issues with drills for you, which is nice.

but, i am the kind of person to do my own research and don't necessarily agree with their advice. and, because the goal of my driver is 270 degree backswing but i don't want that on my 7 iron, it thinks my 7 iron backswing is a problem. i would need to go through club by club and input all that in order to get better advice. So, i have not used that feature nearly as much as someone might.

zepp is definitely 'flashier' than skypro, has pros involved, which you can compare swings. you can't do that on skypro (yet). but, i didn't really learn anything that way as the biggest difference between me and keegan bradley turns out to be.......swing speed. duh!

Skypro has a LOT more #s, which you can tailor to your skill by setting alerts but no advice on how to fix. They do have a 'groove' aspect that will test you on your ability to hit your #s with a certain level of skill for 10 shots. bronze, silver, gold which are progressively more precise. i also like the 'pro data table' which puts all of your swing data into a spreadsheet and see correlation between numbers and results (if you note in the swing comment area what the result was). but, you can't compare and their is no community and the pros info is not available (yet)

in the end, i do like the skypro more. when in groove mode you can feel your nerves building. as you try to beat your personal best or 10 in a row, etc.... for me, it is more data points and groove mode that i use the most and therefore, use zepp much less.

hope that helps.

for $150 either one is by far the best investment i have ever made. real returns.

edit: I forgot that zepp has video. so, in summary, it is much more holistic approach to improving you game all in one place whereas skypro is much more data driven.

I picked up Skypro last year. It helped me correct some flaws immediately. I was having trouble with getting the ball started on target line. I was getting the club to much to the inside halfway back and halfway down. After a couple of days (20 minutes each day) making swings and getting feedback with every swing. It made me "feel" where I needed to get to. 10x easier than trying to make changes using a video camera. The only downside, or really upside, I haven't needed to use it since.

Don't let my post talk you out of it. I really liked the device and i wish it would have lasted longer than 5 weeks.If it would have lasted me at least a year i probably would have bought another one.

William

They wouldn't send you a free replacement?

Im sure they would,but i got a little turned offed only having it 5 weeks and it died the 3rd time i tried to charge it.I also think you can get caught up chasing numbers as i did instead of just playing golf and enjoying it.

ON a side note zepp golf is a good device and excellent customer service.

Don't let my post talk you out of it. I really liked the device and i wish it would have lasted longer than 5 weeks.If it would have lasted me at least a year i probably would have bought another one.

William

They wouldn't send you a free replacement?

Im sure they would,but i got a little turned offed only having it 5 weeks and it died the 3rd time i tried to charge it.I also think you can get caught up chasing numbers as i did instead of just playing golf and enjoying it.

ON a side note zepp golf is a good device and excellent customer service.

If in fact the battery issue with the Skypro, based on previous posts, is that allowing the battery to drain completely and for extended periods greatly reduces its longevity, this is something that should be put in BOLD in the instruction booklet. I've had my Skypro for 6 months and I keep it topped off by storing it plugged into a usb hub. I haven't had any problems with battery life.

*edit*

I want to add that the only problem I have is logging into my account on my android phone. I always get "incorrect username/pw" several times before I finally get a successful login.

I contacted Skypro again about my device having battery issues.

It was fully charged within a few minutes and lasted only 20 swings or so.

I finally could not connect with my ios.

They have sent me a return envelope and agreed to take a look to see if they can remedy the battery issue.

I had mine about 15month before having issues.

It's a great practice aid but don't think I'll pay out another £89 for replacement if they cannot fix.

Well, I take my hat off to SkyPro for my battery issue.

I spoke to a girl on the telephone support and sent it away for repair or at worst a £89 replacement.

Today I received a replacement Skypro free of charge.

It was out of warranty.

I'm away for 2 weeks so haven't tried it yet but I am happy with their help.

If I get another 2 years out of it I will be pleased.

Ste

• 1 month later...

First post here at GolfWrx so please bare with me.

I have had my Skypro for a couple of weeks now and really like what I see. I am just beginning to use it more during practice sessions and have already seen that my take-way plane is too far inside and that my driver swing length is 26 degrees too short thus robbing me of driver club head speed, and in turn distance off of the tee.

I have a question for the community and/or Skypro staff. I thought that the device was supposed to upload my swings to Sky360 so that I could view them later, or view them on my tablet, but I have yet to see anything on Sky360 except for an ad to buy a Skypro (which I already own). I would prefer to review and analyze the data on the larger 10.5 inch screen of my tablet while at home, and use the phone at the practice facility to calibrate the device and store the initial practice data.

I should say that both my phone and tablet are Android (S6 Edge and Tab S) so perhaps the Sky360 functionality only applies to Apple users? I thought that I read that cloud functionality was being implemented across all platforms. The device has been on the market for three years (to the best of my knowledge) so I was hoping that by now all users would be equal. I hope this not an Apple bias. There are more Android devices and users worldwide compared to Apple. Also, are there plans to allow for the exporting of data to laptops / desktops so that trends could be analyzed using Excel?

Thank you, and apologize for the lengthy question.