2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

SkyPro - really impressive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

others opinions..... should i buy this new not knowing if a used product may be worn out and slides aroudn the shaft of the club. or should i look at used on ebay. seems that some have mentioned few defective or annoyances with models that have been used, so i'm wondering if i'd be better off just buying new. not sure if anything has changed in the last year as far as hardware or material its made from or if any improvements have been made to anything other than software.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

[quote name='HoosierMizuno' timestamp='1448920516' post='12664240']
others opinions..... should i buy this new not knowing if a used product may be worn out and slides aroudn the shaft of the club. or should i look at used on ebay.
[/quote]

You can get replacement pads if needed (to prevent slippage)...they are shipped with new units. Probably easy to find substitutes at hardware/crafts stores or similar if necessary.

Training aids are like exercise equipment..."used" models probably haven't been used very much (which is too bad because the SkyPro is such a good product).

TM SIM2 9*
TM SIM2 3 and 5 woods
TM SIM2 3 hybrid
Ping i210 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
Ping Glide 2,0 wedges 54SS/58ES  - Recoil 95 F3
TM Spider Tour
TM Tour Response

Just purchased a used Skypro. Hardly used and all seems fine. I havent tried it yet tho as the ranged is closed up here.

As I understand the swings that is registered while I practice will be uploaded to my account once Im under i wifi net, is this correct? Im currently having a S6 Edge as my phone and I cant find anywhere in the app where Im able to login to my Skygolf account. While I can do this on my daughters 7' Ipad. Any ideas?

Your swings will be uploaded from the app when you connect to wifi. To be honest the website isn't much use, all your swings are retained on your device and you will find reviewing your swings on the app better. If the phone is too small you can always email swings to another (bigger) device.

I have the iPad app and you can find if you are logged in using menu (top left) then, myProfile.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='ofortuna' timestamp='1450543714' post='12739640']
Is there another place where developers answer questions and give updates? This thread looks dead.
[/quote]

This is a thread by SkyPro users not from SkyPro. It just happens that Gord (one of the original developers) checks it once in a while. If you have problems with the device you should mail support (check on the Skygolf website)

[quote name='ParHunter' timestamp='1450694501' post='12746208'][quote name='ofortuna' timestamp='1450543714' post='12739640']
Is there another place where developers answer questions and give updates? This thread looks dead.
[/quote]

This is a thread by SkyPro users not from SkyPro. It just happens that Gord (one of the original developers) checks it once in a while. If you have problems with the device you should mail support (check on the Skygolf website)[/quote]

Looks like I'm checking in at the right time!

ParHunter is right -- I like to come on there and answer questions when I can, but if you have problems SkyGolf customer support is probably your best bet.

YongChai - good question about real-time feedback during the swing. Unfortunately that isn't an option for us (at least anytime soon) for a number of technical reasons. Our swing detection algorithm relies on the impact and follow through to identify a swing in the sensor data, as opposed to just you moving your club around. Also, and probably more importantly, we use all of the data in our reconstruction of the swing to improve the accuracy. In other words, information about the downswing and impact helps us reduce error in the takeaway and backswing. It's a good idea though!

ParHunter - good idea about force touch and about the low point in the swing.

BHB1 - no we haven't change that filtering algorithm in a long time. It is possible the occasional fat shot on a mat might still give a high speed. The filtering was a big improvement, but probably is not perfect.

Hope you guys have a happy holiday!

Gord

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question for anyone who does have a skypro. On mine when I am putting it says my face at impact is upwards of 2.5* closed yet whenever I have been on a SAM or Tomi puttlab I am very square at impact. Has anyone else run into this same thing? I do like practicing my temp with it though so its great for that, it just concerns me that I may not be able to trust the face angle because I am a fairly good putter and know that normally I miss slightly right with most putts.

Thanks

Quick question for anyone who does have a skypro. On mine when I am putting it says my face at impact is upwards of 2.5* closed yet whenever I have been on a SAM or Tomi puttlab I am very square at impact. Has anyone else run into this same thing? I do like practicing my temp with it though so its great for that, it just concerns me that I may not be able to trust the face angle because I am a fairly good putter and know that normally I miss slightly right with most putts.

Thanks

I think these are different concepts. The SAM or Tomi puttlab is probably measuring the clubfaces at impact relative to the target. The SkyPro does not know where your target is - it only knows where you aim your clubfaces at address. The value SkyPro gives you is face angle relative to address (and not relative to target). So if your clubface is closed at impact (but you hole your straight putt) then that means that the clubface was open (to target) at address. Most golfers (even the pros) will have a difference in face angle at address relative to impact. The important thing is that this relationship stays constant.

If you don't have a square face relative to target you won't hole much btw.

After using Skypro on the range, I often review the session on the Sky360 dashboard. This is useful for monitoring key swing parameters to see how they change during the session or between sessions using my iPad2.

However I gave up using this tool as it became increasingly slow to display the results as the number of swings increased. Even when my broadband speed improved significantly, the dashboard was still frozen. So I tried the dashboard on a PC, only because I knew how to check the download time on that. The response time is great, the dashboard appears over 4 times faster than on my old iPad. What I noticed is that the data transfer to the PC takes little time, even for over 2000 swings. But after the transfer there is a pause while the analysis is performed. It is that step that is much faster on my PC. I was very pleased to find this solution.

What is not clear is what causes new swings to be uploaded to Sky360. Sometimes I wait a day and they are still not transferred while on other occasions they appear in a few hours. Sometimes if I log off from Skypro on my iPhone and then log on again, the upload is triggered. Any ideas on this one? (Admittedly a quite obscure point!)

As I mentioned I now have many swings stored on the dashboard. It's time for a purge - but how can I delete them? Preferably in blocks rather than individually although welcome any ideas.

Cheers Geoff

After using Skypro on the range, I often review the session on the Sky360 dashboard. This is useful for monitoring key swing parameters to see how they change during the session or between sessions using my iPad2.

However I gave up using this tool as it became increasingly slow to display the results as the number of swings increased. Even when my broadband speed improved significantly, the dashboard was still frozen. So I tried the dashboard on a PC, only because I knew how to check the download time on that. The response time is great, the dashboard appears over 4 times faster than on my old iPad. What I noticed is that the data transfer to the PC takes little time, even for over 2000 swings. But after the transfer there is a pause while the analysis is performed. It is that step that is much faster on my PC. I was very pleased to find this solution.

What is not clear is what causes new swings to be uploaded to Sky360. Sometimes I wait a day and they are still not transferred while on other occasions they appear in a few hours. Sometimes if I log off from Skypro on my iPhone and then log on again, the upload is triggered. Any ideas on this one? (Admittedly a quite obscure point!)

As I mentioned I now have many swings stored on the dashboard. It's time for a purge - but how can I delete them? Preferably in blocks rather than individually although welcome any ideas.

Cheers Geoff

I agree the SKYPro 360 site is pretty much useless, I have somewhere around 6000 swings! It takes an age to load and to be perfectly honest the summary data is pretty pointless. Easy fix, just load the last session or an average and let the user pick what they want to see and save their preference.

I noticed that SKYTrack is just a port of the Skypro site, so once again its a missed opportunity to present some useful summary data to the end user.

Is the SkyPro worth buying?

Yes

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

Cheers Geoff

I agree the SKYPro 360 site is pretty much useless, I have somewhere around 6000 swings! It takes an age to load and to be perfectly honest the summary data is pretty pointless. Easy fix, just load the last session or an average and let the user pick what they want to see and save their preference.

I noticed that SKYTrack is just a port of the Skypro site, so once again its a missed opportunity to present some useful summary data to the end user.

Just to clarify my earlier post, I use the Skypro dashboard after every range session and find it is a very useful tool. It's ability to track parameters among sessions is of great benefit to me.

I was delighted to find that on my laptop its performance was acceptable. For 2000 stored swings, it takes me about 3-4 mins, other laptops and iPads may be different.

long post but hopes this helps more than just me.....

it may have been mentioned previously, but can we summarize some of the data that the skypro gives us into what is acceptable instead of just what our target should be. i think this is a major miss for this tool as it would be really beneficial if similar to the V1 we had ability to compare to other players swings. With all of Breed's videos surprised he's not even on the list of players swings. having gulbis is useless. the target data also changes based on the club you're swinging. I'm not trying to match her attack angle when swinging driver with my 9 iron. i've searched around to try to find pga averages for some parameters, but would like to get majority opinion. its easy to say 0* at halfway point shaft angle is target but is 2* inside negligible. probably, while a 2* change in attack angle is big difference. i realize not all pros fit the target, but simply going by what would be taught as ideal. yes ryan moore has takeaway that works, but for purposes of this tool what is an acceptable range that amateurs should shoot for.

tempo 2.9 - 3.1

Shaft angle address? based on height?

:

ADDRESS:

Shaft angle : based on height and club? should this match lie angle?

Shaft lean : using an 8 iron i get 11*. Can't seem to get this to change even when setting up drastically different

HALFWAY BACK

takeaway angle - assuming want an on plane swing...is -5* acceptable or too inside? -10*? with 0* target i'm not sure where i should set the alert suggestion too inside which is my tendancy.

face angle - 20* - 45* closed?

TOP BACKSWING

backswing length - i have short backswing so trying to lengthen. only SKYPRO alert is too long. assuming goal is close to parallel with driver, what should 8 iron, sw, etc be for full shots.

HALFWAY DOWN

return angle - same as takeaway?

face angle - same as takeaway?

IMPACT

shaft lean - 0* driver 14* PW clubs fall in line with this scale?

shaft angle - 1-3* more than address position?

attack angle - 1* to -1* driver, 4-6 irons -1 to -3* , 8 - wedge irons -2* to -5* ?

How do changes between driver, 5iron, 8iron, gw. affect these parameters and which should stay the same. for instance attack angle increases on shorter irons, but tempo remains same throughout the bag.

Finally is there any data that is pointless paying attention to when using skypro. which parameters do you ignore if any? anything those using comparing to skytrak that is not accurate. swing speed seems off. shaft lean? no matter how i set up can't seem to get shaft lean at setup to change.

appreciate any responses

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

long post but hopes this helps more than just me.....

it may have been mentioned previously, but can we summarize some of the data that the skypro gives us into what is acceptable instead of just what our target should be. i think this is a major miss for this tool as it would be really beneficial if similar to the V1 we had ability to compare to other players swings. With all of Breed's videos surprised he's not even on the list of players swings. having gulbis is useless. the target data also changes based on the club you're swinging. I'm not trying to match her attack angle when swinging driver with my 9 iron. i've searched around to try to find pga averages for some parameters, but would like to get majority opinion. its easy to say 0* at halfway point shaft angle is target but is 2* inside negligible. probably, while a 2* change in attack angle is big difference. i realize not all pros fit the target, but simply going by what would be taught as ideal. yes ryan moore has takeaway that works, but for purposes of this tool what is an acceptable range that amateurs should shoot for.

tempo 2.9 - 3.1

Shaft angle address? based on height?

:

ADDRESS:

Shaft angle : based on height and club? should this match lie angle?

Shaft lean : using an 8 iron i get 11*. Can't seem to get this to change even when setting up drastically different

HALFWAY BACK

takeaway angle - assuming want an on plane swing...is -5* acceptable or too inside? -10*? with 0* target i'm not sure where i should set the alert suggestion too inside which is my tendancy.

face angle - 20* - 45* closed?

TOP BACKSWING

backswing length - i have short backswing so trying to lengthen. only SKYPRO alert is too long. assuming goal is close to parallel with driver, what should 8 iron, sw, etc be for full shots.

HALFWAY DOWN

return angle - same as takeaway?

face angle - same as takeaway?

IMPACT

shaft lean - 0* driver 14* PW clubs fall in line with this scale?

shaft angle - 1-3* more than address position?

attack angle - 1* to -1* driver, 4-6 irons -1 to -3* , 8 - wedge irons -2* to -5* ?

How do changes between driver, 5iron, 8iron, gw. affect these parameters and which should stay the same. for instance attack angle increases on shorter irons, but tempo remains same throughout the bag.

Finally is there any data that is pointless paying attention to when using skypro. which parameters do you ignore if any? anything those using comparing to skytrak that is not accurate. swing speed seems off. shaft lean? no matter how i set up can't seem to get shaft lean at setup to change.

appreciate any responses

I recently started using Skypro and had the same question as you: which target values are acceptable? I think this question is in some cases hard to answer. As you mentioned even the pros have some swing parameter values that fall outside the target range. Using the pga tour averages can lead you in the right direction and in most cases you are quite right.

About your shaft lean: what is your shaft lean in putting mode? Is your shaft lean still 11 degrees if you put your hands behind the ball at address? Maybe you have a faulty unit. I can change shaft lean at address with one degree if I try. Also, the swing speed is not far off from my Swing Speed Radar, which is supposed to be quite accurate (+/- 2 mph difference from Trackman).

@hoosierMizuno, I get what you are asking and as golfers we do love classifications and categories. This type of thinking lends itself to a one perfect swing concept which I am sure you agree is just not true.

Take two professionals with polar opposite motions (Kenny Perry and Colin Montgomery for example) then consider how their Skypro numbers would look.

Isolate your own problem areas find your current values then work to move them in the direction you need.

11 degrees of forward shaft lean with an 8 iron is more than reasonable. I used to have the Bill Hass 8 iron swing and I think forward shaft lean was as high as 19 degrees. There was a front page article on here a few weeks ago suggesting forward shaft lean is directly related to club head speed, which seems to be logical.

Length of backswing is one of my issues and I don't have any problems with picking a bronze level groove mode at 13 degrees with the driver, ignoring the alerts for over swinging and reacting to short swings. A single point grove would be better but I doubt it will come any time soon.

Use the numbers to help you play better golf rather that becoming a slave to the numbers in isolation.

If you need guidance, seek out the help of a knowledgable golf coach.

I picked up a Skypro as a Christmas present to myself this year. Took it to the range yesterday and was having fun with it, then it just quit recording swings. After charging it and trying to get it synch with my android or my wife's iPhone I'm pretty sure the bluetooth radio isn't working. Has anyone seen this before, and maybe have some sort of easy fix for me? (wishful thinking I'm sure)

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

I picked up a Skypro as a Christmas present to myself this year. Took it to the range yesterday and was having fun with it, then it just quit recording swings. After charging it and trying to get it synch with my android or my wife's iPhone I'm pretty sure the bluetooth radio isn't working. Has anyone seen this before, and maybe have some sort of easy fix for me? (wishful thinking I'm sure)

These are my suggestions based on my own experience with loss of Bluetooth connection in no particular order.

1. The device will be fully charged when the red light on the charging box stops flashing.

2. Try placing the device in its box without connecting the box to power. Wait 30 sec while a factory reset occurs< this may restore operation.

3. Make sure only one Bluetooth device is linked to Skpro. (I was once on the range with an iPhone and iPad; Skypro was not connecting to the iPhone because it was connected to the iPad.)

4. Similar to 3 but maybe the guy in the next bay has a phone that is capturing the Bluetooth signal, happened to me once.

5. There is a very dim red led lamp inside the Skypro, it is in the middle of left side when mounted on the club. You cannot see it from the other side. This flashes rapidly for about 30 sec while trying to make the Bluetooth connection. If the connection is not made the flashing stops. Shake device to try again. When the connection is established, the red light pulses more slowly. If the device is not moved the pulsing stops after about 10 secs. Shake the device and the pulsing starts. Need to be in the dark to see this! The flashing light is so dim it is never a distraction.

6. If you don't move the club/Skypo, after a few mins the Bluetooth connection is lost. Restore connection by shaking the club. The Skypro app will ask if you want to recalibrate. I normally say no, seems to continue with previous calibration.

7. Restart the iPhone, switch Bluetooth off/on.

8. Check Skypro is not mounted on the club upside down, it won't work this way!

Hope these suggestions help, as mentioned they are in random order. Most common annoyance it when my iPhone is not charged, I now have an external battery pack to overcome this. Otherwise despite the list Skypro operates great.

Put it back in its charging cradle and let it complete a charging cycle. The cradle also powers down the device. Once charged try to pair it with your phone. If the problem still persists call Skycaddie support.

Best of luck.

These are my suggestions based on my own experience with loss of Bluetooth connection in no particular order.

1. The device will be fully charged when the red light on the charging box stops flashing.

2. Try placing the device in its box without connecting the box to power. Wait 30 sec while a factory reset occurs< this may restore operation.

3. Make sure only one Bluetooth device is linked to Skpro. (I was once on the range with an iPhone and iPad; Skypro was not connecting to the iPhone because it was connected to the iPad.)

4. Similar to 3 but maybe the guy in the next bay has a phone that is capturing the Bluetooth signal, happened to me once.

5. There is a very dim red led lamp inside the Skypro, it is in the middle of left side when mounted on the club. You cannot see it from the other side. This flashes rapidly for about 30 sec while trying to make the Bluetooth connection. If the connection is not made the flashing stops. Shake device to try again. When the connection is established, the red light pulses more slowly. If the device is not moved the pulsing stops after about 10 secs. Shake the device and the pulsing starts. Need to be in the dark to see this! The flashing light is so dim it is never a distraction.

6. If you don't move the club/Skypo, after a few mins the Bluetooth connection is lost. Restore connection by shaking the club. The Skypro app will ask if you want to recalibrate. I normally say no, seems to continue with previous calibration.

7. Restart the iPhone, switch Bluetooth off/on.

8. Check Skypro is not mounted on the club upside down, it won't work this way!

Hope these suggestions help, as mentioned they are in random order. Most common annoyance it when my iPhone is not charged, I now have an external battery pack to overcome this. Otherwise despite the list Skypro operates great.

Thanks guys, good stuff. I tried all the above but alas it looks like this one is dead and I'll need a new one. Experience with their customer service this morning was interesting to say the least - but about 45 minutes later I have a new one on the way. I am looking forward to using it, it does seem very cool.

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

The only gripe I have with mine is that it has been losing connection, which requires me to recalibrate the club. This isn't a sign of it dying on me, is it?

Yep, mine has a tendency to drop the Bluetooth connection once or twice a practice session. It is a back in play replacement which is only a couple of months old so I think the issue is IOS or app related,

Just bought a new unopened Skypro this past weekend and have not been able to connect it to any apple device ( 2 iphone 6, ipad air, ipad 2). It seems the Bluetooth is not working on the Skypro. I have read through this thread and tried all of the tricks (resetting the Skypro using the unplugged charging case, hard reset of IOS devices etc.) Does anyone have any other suggestions before I call customer service?

I believe the unit is fully charged, as I have charged it overnight and throughout the day and each time the red light was blinking and then went solid when finished (per instructions). Anyone have any other tricks to get the device to connect?

Thanks

Just bought a new unopened Skypro this past weekend and have not been able to connect it to any apple device ( 2 iphone 6, ipad air, ipad 2). It seems the Bluetooth is not working on the Skypro. I have read through this thread and tried all of the tricks (resetting the Skypro using the unplugged charging case, hard reset of IOS devices etc.) Does anyone have any other suggestions before I call customer service?

I believe the unit is fully charged, as I have charged it overnight and throughout the day and each time the red light was blinking and then went solid when finished (per instructions). Anyone have any other tricks to get the device to connect?

Thanks

Have you followed the instructions in post #1554 on this page or in the Skypro hardware section in the FAQ of the Skypro website (http://www.golfskypro.com/handbook/skypro-hardware)?

If you don't see the Skypro device mentioned in the list of bluetooth devices on all of your 4 iPhone devices, it might be wise to call customer service.